Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness - Shin and whoever is with him

Hameru Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness - Shin and whoever is with

The meeting was over, as Natsu arrived. Or perhaps it was simply his arrival which made the Seer back down. Regardless, Natsu's work wasn't over just yet. Watching Hoshikata depart, the twirling robes shrouding the man as he shrouded his intentions, Natsu let out a soft sigh. He found it a shame not being able to talk more with the man. Their conversation back in Mist had been most.. interesting. Yet it was likely for the best it didn't take place now. And surely the Spymaster would be able to arrange a meeting with the Golden Man before he'd depart.

Turning his attention to Shin, the Jonin smiled warmly. "Such praise. I only did as requested, Raikage-Sama. I experienced Mist's culture, negotiated with it's leadership, learned the Mizugo tongue and planted some seeds. The result you know: A signed treaty by both parties and an ally in the Village hidden in the Mist. If you wish a detailled recounting of my.. escapades, I will make certain the mission reports make it to your desk. I would not wish to bore you with a pages long monologue." Natsu responded, before moving on to the ANBU Sennin's question and Masao's words.

"Hoshikata's intentions are unfortunately a mystery, even to me. I'd give much to have an agent in that man's mind.. Though even if it was possible I'd fear for the spy's sanity. Honestly, it's impossible to say what his end goals are. For now however, I see no reason to fear him. Kumogakure's might outsizes that of the Isaki and Shoukyou clan, taking into account any forces already present in Moon. I think Hoshikata for now simply wants the world to.. trust him. Or at least view him as a neutral piece they can sway to their own control."

"Of course, neither of those would be a wise thing to do. As Masao-Sempai said, Isaki Hoshikata is not a man to be trusted. And thinking one can control him is folly likewise. However, that seems like the most fitting purpose of offering Moon as the neutral ground for the Kage Summit. I refuse to believe he'd play a trick on all of the Villages at once. It'd risk triggering a response from all of the Villages combined and he'd endanger not only himself but his entire clan that way. While he may not be above sacrificing a few pawns to strike down the king, his clan seems very valuable to him."

"The Summit would allow him a chance to get in a few well-placed words in the ears of very powerful men and women however. And the man is gifted enough to convince most anyone of his worth. I think, at least for now, he'll want to strike deals to ensure protection for him and his clan. Ambitious he may be, he knows the burden of leadership and I doubt he'd want to take over the world like some petty manga villain. Money and unseen.. Nay, unnoticed power is what drives a businessman like Hoshikata I reckon.. I'm sorry, I just blabbered on."
Natsu said, realizing with a start just how much he'd been talking.

"To get to the point: I already have agents mingling with the main body of the Shoukyou and Isaki clans, and already had a few nestled well into Moon's territory. Infiltration should not be an issue. As for allowing the Summit to take place at Moon.. I'd say it'd be a good choice. While Hoshikata may gain some benefits from it, none of them should be harmful to Kumogakure. And we will be able to strike our own deals. Neutral ground would be easier to convince the other Villages to attend as well, I imagine. However, that decision I of course leave up to you, Raikage-Sama." With that, Natsu finally quieted down, having said his piece.

[Word Count: 636]
[Marked for Training]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths

"I see..." Shin said as he took a sip of tea. It was unfortunate that Do-Natsu could not provide a definitive answer on Hoshikata's motives but he was certain that the missing nin would not readily become an enemy of the state. The only concern that was in Hoshikata's mind was the security of his clan. Still, neither Do Natsu, Ayumu, or Masao believed Hoshikata could be trusted regardless of his apparent altruism.

"It is obvious that we can not make any definitive action toward Isaki and his clan without extensive observation. You said that you have agents stationed in Moon territory. When do you expect to get any feedback and how long has this been going on?

"Also, in regards to the location of the kage summit, locating the event in moon country will only provide a tactical strategy for Hoshikata I am certain that the other nations would feel just as uncomfortable allowing a band of missing nins hosting the kage event, regardless if they actually pose a threat. Shin paused. It was a difficult decision. "Perhaps only time will tell."

Shin began to fold the series of documents and slide them into his cloak. "I will going to the courier station to make copies of these documents. If there is nothing else to say this meeting is adjured. I don't think I have to tell any of you to keep an eye of the missing nin. In the case of any struggle or discourse alert me. I am sure there will be more rouge nin coming our way." Shin began to rise from his seat.

[[Leaving topic unless Stopped]]

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Ayumu listened as Masao warned that he also felt that Hoshikata was untrustworthy, and was glad he shared the sentiment. What he said afterwards was also true. It was best to keep an eye on them as much as possible, especially considering they wanted to settle close by. The Spymaster spoke next, unfortunately not able to shine much light on the foreign shinobi's intentions. Ayumu thought it was likely the man didn't make it easy to guess his intentions for good reason. Natsu went on to explain his opinion on holding the summit in Moon Country, something Ayumu certainly felt uneasy about. Natsu seemed to think it would be safe to hold the summit there, though Ayumu still was uncertain. He assured them that Hoshikata was not looking to take over the world.

"Well, that would be cliche," Ayumu responded quietly. 'Cliches are cliches for a reason, of course... because so many damn people do it trying to be cool,' he thought to himself as Natsu got to his point. It was his opinion that while Hoshikata clearly had his own reasons for wanting the summit to be held in his own country, it would not be harmful to Kumogakure to do so. As he said, the decision was ultimately up to Shin. "Well, there is still no rush to decide now. We've yet to see Hoshikata accomplish the establishment of this village. We don't even know if he'll succeed yet," Ayumu said finally before Shin said his final words to the company and rose from his seat. Ayumu opened the door for him to exit and then departed as well.

[Topic Left]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Masao blinked as Shin and Ayumu came to their decisions and left the room. It seemed like only yesterday that Hayata Shin had been a feckless student and Ayumu a naive, virginal ANBU trainee (well, he was probably still virginal). The sentiment made him want to challenge them - to ask them again if they were so certain that a Kage who was dangerous and yet skilled enough to warrant expulsion from his village should even be allowed to leave Kumogakure alive. But, he reminded himself, this was the present day and Hayata Shin was the Raikage and Kogami Ayumu was not the Grand Commander of the ANBU, the way Rin had wanted. Both of the boys, no, men were grown adults, powerful, smart.

Indeed, Masao had even deferred all of his own Branch's decisions on the current matter to Do Natsu, akin to a master craftsman letting his apprentice take over the affairs of the shop. Was this a sign of ennui or disinterest, he wondered? The elimination of Enishi and the resolution of the Bear-Marsh conflict was foremost on his mind, and occupied nearly all of his waking contemplation, and he hadn't even brushed as many people as he once had... No - perhaps it was a sign that he was simply getting ready to move on. To what, however? Rin was dead, much as he tried to not think about it. The children were grown and independent. Saeko was even... He tried not to think about Narashi Jo and his daughter. True, the genin was a prodigy and good-natured, but still. Once upon a time, Masao would have given serious thought to beating the boy to death but now he could not drown out the nagging voice in the back of his head that suggested he should be happy that his daughter was out there being a normal girl midst the fucked-up-ness of shinobi existence.

The old demons of the past were done for as well. No one had heard of any trace of Sarunishi, Kazama Ringo, Santaru Ryuuto, Nara Ryuujin, Taji Yuki, or the Giri-Bannin. The Hitokage's manifestation on the mortal plane was now limited to...Nyaruko. An ancient enemy of humanity was making him dinner every night and wanted to be everyone's imouto. He had to laugh at the irony. Hayata Makoro was serving time in eternal prison, and so that only left Enishi as the object of his enmity...and the sustenance of his life.

So after Enishi was dead, then what? Then...

I have lost everything...

He rose from his chair and straightened out his clothing, before taking a final sip of tea from the service provided.

"That was well-spoken, Donuts. I think you are ready," he said, clapping the Spymaster on the back before heading out.

[TL]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back