Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Shinobi 101: Back to the Basics [Class]

Senju Sakyuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sakyuma had been resting now that his five seconds of fame was over, and the teacher had announced her reason for becoming a shinobi. She was young looking, blonde, and very attractive. Sakyuma smirked and raised his eyebrows thinking one day he might have a good looking woman like that. So strong, and beautiful. First about her childhood and where she grew up, Sakyuma nodded listening to her reason for leaving, boy was he glad she ended up here, dead family....Sakyuma's lips sighed in empathy for her loss, and then she ventured to the "Hidden Sand where I met my beautiful wife and had two beautiful children with her" Wait what the, that didn't seem right. A woman like this was a les...wait no that doesn't make sense, how can she have kids, the wife had the kids...wait what, so confused. Sakyuma's ears perked up as he turned his face to see if anyone in the class was as weirded out about this comment as he was. Then she just nonchalantly started about class topics again as if she did not just state she was....Wait what! How did she have children? He was so confused at this moment. He sat there surprised squinting his right eye completely in awe.

Sakyuma looked over the class and a pretty girl who looked to be as young as him seemed just as surprised at this comment, then at the moment when the teacher started discussing class topics again, the girl broke the confusion and got her notebook out. Unlike Sakyuma who still was caught up on her words. A boy near her politely raised his hands and started answering questions, "Taijutsu consists of physical contact jutsus that don't cost the user alot of chakra that still pack a punch, which is why its my go to." Wait how can he concentrate with what was just said? This was absurd, that's it he had to know. Sakyuma stood up abruptly just as the boy finished speaking, upon getting up the back of his knees pushed his chair back causing a skidding sound as it slid a bit on the floor.

"What do you mean by beautiful wife and two children? How are you not the beautiful wife?!?" He said noisily and impolitely, releasing all manners as he could not concentrate on anything else. "Ma'am you need to go into more detail, you don't just drop some bomb biography like that and leave us hanging!" He yelled as he sat back down, realizing his obnoxious attitude, he quickly reflected. "Well if you want...." He said adjusting his hood to cover more of his face as he noticed he might have just broke his playing it cool, and quiet technique. However, he needed to know, he left a small opening in the top of the hood where one eye would peer out watching the teacher to possibly hear a response.

wc: 511
total: 1512

Chikamatsu Shin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
((OoC: Short post is short but I didn't have that mojo for this for some reason))

"Hey pipsqueak, no one really cares."<i></i> Yuuki looked over her shoulder staring straight at Mika. Her gaze was calm but she had a sort of threatening look in her eyes. "Ren.."<i></i> Hoseki said softly as he locked his fingers together to rest his mouth against, elbows on the desk. As soon as he finished speaking one of the other students started asking about their sensei's personal life. "Hey trash mouth, how is that important?"<i></i> Yuuki's gaze shifted to the boy who blattered out about the idea of two women starting a family. "Who cares if this lady has a wife. Let the two of them be. God, people can be so rude."<i></i> Regardless He would continue to speak after Yuuki spoke. "Ninjutsu uses chakra to form jutsu which may or may not be an element."<i></i> He let out a sigh and gestured to his cat companion as an example of Ninjutsu. Letting out a sigh the boy would shift his weight and leaned back in his seat before raising his hands to catch the back of his head.

Yuuki on the other hand was getting all stirred up from this class. She shifted her body back to face the front of the class where she would let out an audible sigh as she wasn't the most content with the current situation of her peers.

Mitsunari Akagi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akagi shot up from slouching to his back straight as soon as he heard the words leave the hooded boy's mouth. C'mon why did he have to ask... Akagi would have said something, however he was quickly interuppted by the blond haired girl Ren. Clenching his fist Akagi slowly stood up from his seat, slamming his hand back onto the desk, also allowing a breif pulse from his palm to amplify its sound. Hopefully grabbing the attention of the people in the room. Turning and calmly saying to the hooded boy, "We don't know her story so how can we judge her? Just stick to listnening to the teacher so we don't have any more class outbursts." Slowly turning to Ren, his face a strange, most likely never before seen face. Akagi's face writhing in anger towards her, his eyes piercing the space between them as he spoke with gritted teeth, "Why? What pleasure do you get out of shutting down Mika?" Akagi's blood boiled as the spoiled girl had constantly nagged Akagi himself, and the younger girl. "Cause if you want to pick on anybody, why don't you pick on me?" With his last words he would pulsate a warping energy from his body in intimidation, similar to the one Takuya gave off. Sitting back down Akagi would slouch back and resume paying attention.

That was out of character. Thinking to himself after sitting down he would reach back and rest his hands on the back of his neck, awaiting someone to finish the question.

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As I sat there and allowed the students to have the floor to speak, it would prove to be an unwise decision from me as things would get out of hand. One of the students in the back would question my relationship with Lady Yanshi and the fact that we had two children together; this would only cause some of the other ones to respond to his comments and I could feel the tension in the room building up as some of the other students remained quiet. If it was something minor like a little argument, I would have been fine with it, but another issue arose with the blonde of the class having to open our mouth and make some comments towards another classmate. Fortunately throughout this entire mess, some of my questions were addressed while others were not which was a start, but we needed to dive deeper if we really wanted them to learn everything.

After a moment to allow them all to get their thoughts and comments out, I would emit a cold, icy glare at them all as my tone changed dramatically to match my look. As I spoke, they could feel my upbeat and warmness disappear and be replaced with a direct and annoyance. "Are we done bickering like a bunch of children? I truly do not care if you all like or hate one another, but you are not taking my classroom and verbally assaulting and taunting one another. You are all students and the future of this village so start acting like you are ready to take the reigns from your elders and grow up. You are going to meet many people in your lives who you are not going to like and quite honestly may not be able to stand, but you must always remember that you are representing your village and your family in all your actions that you do. There are many people who I cannot tolerate or would rather never have to speak to, but you have to sometimes put on a facade or a mask figuratively and be the bigger individual" I would explain to all of them in the hopes that they would at least listen and it would ease tensions that had been mounting since the class initially started. Of course, I had no idea if I had proved my point to them or if they would even take those words spoken to them and think about them. However, I knew that I at least tried.

After a few moments, I would heavily sigh and then simply say: "Let's get back to what was asked of you. We had a general definition of Taijutsu and Ninjutsu. Will someone please tell me what Genjutsu is and tell me how it can be used. While we are at it, would someone like to go into further detail about Taijutsu and Ninjutsu. Of course, I will give you a full explanation, but I want to see where we all are initially." I would sit there and wait to see what transpired.
  • Please have your next posts up by noon on Friday forum time.
  • As a reminder, you will need 5 posts and 1500 words to qualify for the rewards of the class for training purposes. You will not need to worry about the posts as the thread will be longer than 5 posts.
  • Again, no posting order is needed for me.
  • Strike Two for Fuyuko Jun and Strike One for Shigetoshi Shingo.
  • If any of you ever need more time, please contact me before the deadline and I will work with you. I really do not want to fail anyone.

Mitsunari Akagi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Before anyone said anything else on the matter of the class tension, the room went quiet. The teacher had reached her limits on lenience and was lashing out to the class to establish order. Her initial assault on the class felt less directed toward Akagi as he did try to settle the room down, albeit with more anger driving it. Along with her terrifying rant, Akagi was picking up a general message she was sending. Despite getting along with most people, some people did rub Akagi the wrong way. However, with the teachers message Akagi understood that people in the class with him were eventually going to represent something bigger, and at some point he would have to get along with them. With this knowledge Akagi relaxed as he understood what she was saying, she wasn't trying to intimidate the class she was simply trying to move her message along. Removing his hands from his neck Akagi sat up straight with his hands on his desk to continue approapriately, his intention was to apologize for his lashing out after class to Ren who he had put on the spot.

After the message had hopefully been perceived by the class, she continued her earlier inquiry on the three sub-types of using chakra and the body. Akagi felt he had already spoken enough on the matter and was going to wait to see what anyone else had to say about the topic.

Karasu Mika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Post 6:

Mika was confused and surprised when the teacher had stated that she was a woman with interest towards the same gender. She didn’t know what to think of it other than that it was strange, as children would usually have parents of different genders. And how did the woman have children with her wife? It would be impossible. Was it simply adoption—as she had seen this process happen before—or was the teacher in a henge? As more questions about the blonde woman entered the young girl’s mind, she breathed in deeply as she pushed the thoughts to the back of her mind. She was in class for one reason, which was to learn and become a great shinobi. ”—still packs a punch, which is why it’s my go to.” The girl let out a silent groan as she realized that she had missed what had just been said. She shouldn’t have kept focus instead of letting her mind wonder off about what the woman had said. The voice was familiar, belonging to the blonde boy. Then, the pretty blonde girl sitting a few seats in front of her turned her head, stating, ”Hey pipsqueak, no one really cares.” The black-haired girl was about to speak out towards the blonde girl—which would have been embarrasing as she thought about it now—when she was interrupted. Suddenly, there was the sound of a chair being pushed back, which had caused quite a loud noise, and a voice rang loud in the quiet classroom. "What do you mean by beautiful wife and two children? How are you not the beautiful wife?!?" The young girl turned towards the voice, seeing the ‘Sento-Sama’ person. He continued speaking as other students stared at him, including the black-haired girl. ”Ma'am you need to go into more detail, you don't just drop some bomb biography like that and leave us hanging!" The boy was now yelling towards the woman, though he dropped to a softer voice. It was hard to hear what the boy had said, so the girl had missed it. ”Hey trash mouth, how is that important?” The blonde girl spoke, though the boy with the blonde hair spoke at this time too, stating, ”We don't know her story so how can we judge her? Just stick to listening to the teacher so we don't have any more class outbursts." There wasn’t anymore talking until the white-haired boy spoke up.

The white-haired boy spoke of Ninjutsu, stating what it did and what it used. Agreeing with the definition of Ninjutsu that the boy had stated, the black-haired girl quickly scribbled it down. It wasn’t the neatest handwriting—her mother was teaching her to write better—but it was readable. Suddenly, as she had almost finished writing down the notes, trying to remember what the white-haired boy had said, the blonde boy spoke once again, after hearing of what the blonde girl had said a few moments ago. "Why? What pleasure do you get out of shutting down Mika? Cause if you want to pick on anybody, why don't you pick on me?" Though Mika was thankful for the boy speaking up and defending her, it wasn’t worth the satisfaction when the teacher, seeming to no longer take their bickering, spoke up in an annoyed tone. ”Are we done bickering like a bunch of children? I truly do not care if you all like or hate one another, but you are not taking my classroom and verbally assaulting and taunting one another. You are all students and the future of this village so start acting like you are ready to take the reigns from your elders and grow up. You are going to meet many people in your lives who you are not going to like and quite honestly may not be able to stand, but you must always remember that you are representing your village and your family in all your actions that you do. There are many people who I cannot tolerate or would rather never have to speak to, but you have to sometimes put on a facade or a mask figuratively and be the bigger individual...” Eyes widened, Mika felt herself shaking slightly, though it wasn’t noticed by anyone, as the woman finished her speech. Then the woman spoke up again, asking if anyone wanted to pitch into the conversation about Genjutsu. Genjutsu. As the girl repeated the words in her head, she spoke up, stating without hesitation or stuttering. ”Genjutsu is the art of illusions, which can be used to confuse our enemies, though what happens is not actually real. To use Genjutsu, a shinobi must affect all five senses, which can be done by controlling the chakra flow of the enemy. Genjutsu are usually imag—“ The girl paused in her speaking as she realized that she had almost spoken past her capacity and was beginning to ramble about the topic.

wc: 816

Chikamatsu Shin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
((umm... yeah, not a good post sorry in advance))

A deep laughter came from Yuuki's chest as she raised a hand to cover her mouth. A soft blushing came to her cheeks as she looked over to Akagi. "Yeah little boy?"<i></i> The blonde girl also raised to her feet, her fingers twitching slightly as chakra began to circle around her sealed wrist. As the Seikon child would take his seat down the hawkeye girl would let out a single laugh as she ran her fingers through her golden hair. That was until the sensei spoke up which led to the rude little girl to take her seat. Hoseki, who was sitting between the two students that were riled up, let out a sigh as he pinched the bridge of his nose. He knew that Ren could be a little much, but this was even a lot for her. Looking back to Mika as she spoke Hoski nodded at her before looking back to Ren, who was sitting there with her arms crossed and her eyes shut. She really wasn't having it today.

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As I sat there overseeing the class, I would continue to look around to see what everyone was doing as the students seemed to finally understand how their actions were unnecessary and quite honestly a nuisance to put it nicely. Their bickering wouldn't help anyone at all if they continued to act that way as they grew up so that is why I chose to stop it as quickly as I did. Understandably, I knew that they were young, naive, and always would be learning at such a young age, but they needed an authority figure as an instructor instead of a pushover like some of the teachers were here.

As everything settled down, the black-haired lass would speak about Genjutsu and give a very vague definition of it. But, this was a good starting point for the topic so I smiled at her and nodded as she finished speaking. Seeing as we were on this topic, we would continue there as I spoke: "That's a great starting point, Mika. Let me elaborate a little bit on it for you all though so you get the full definition. Genjutsu is one of the main jutsu classifications that you will discover in this world. Unlike ninjutsu or taijutsu, the effects that a Genjutsu can put on someone is not real as Mika mentioned. However, you need not affect every single sense of your opponent as targeting one of them is sufficient enough to have lasting effects on a target. There are four main sub-categories of Genjutsu that one will discover, learn, and master during their lifetime which are audial, kinetic, visual, and will. Each of them have their own unique effects and criteria to be effective against a target, but I advise focusing on one sub-type first and trying to grasp at least one other at a young age." It was true, it was better to start off mastering one of these senses than it was to try to grasp all of them at one time and never truly get a grip of any of them. I learned this the easy and hard way through my own training and also seeing students before them trying to attempt things.

In any case, after a moment to gather my thoughts and check the room to make sure that nobody was being an asshole to anyone else, I would move into how you counter a Genjutsu with the following: "Now, there is also various methods to counter a Genjutsu. The one that most people know is the Cancel technique which causes a surge in chakra to the body that tries to dispel the effects of the Genjutsu on you. However, one has to be aware that they are under a Genjutsu in order to use Cancel effectively. There are a few other methods, but they are clan-specific which I will not dive into since it will not be on your examination when you are ready to graduate." Sure, I could've told them more about how to counter Genjutsu but I couldn't prepare them for every single little incident that would occur in their lifetimes so it was best for them to learn from experience or by reading up on it in the Library.

My focus would shift mere moments later after talking about Genjutsu to my current specialty. However like Genjutsu before, I would try to keep it brief and simply speak the following: Now, let's return to taijutsu since Akagi mentioned it earlier. Taijutsu is a basic form of techniques and refers to any techniques involving the martial arts or the optimisation of natural human abilities. It can be executed directly by accessing the physical and mental energies and relies heavily on stamina and strength gained through vigorous training. Typically, taijutsu does not use a significant amount of chakra, but there are cases where one could be using their chakra excessively. The most classic example of using your chakra excessively is opening the Inner Gates, but that puts a heavy strain on the body and if overused can lead to death. Unlike Ninjutsu and Genjutsu, taijutsu does not use handseals but you may make use of certain stances or poses. Lastly in general, taijutsu is quicker than ninjutsu or genjutsu and people tend to master a particular weapon if they want to use primarily taijutsu. I personally favor a sword, but also have learned how to use firearms as the times are changing and there are more advancements in the world." This was so true sadly. The shinobi world was turning more and more from the old ways of combat to more advanced ways meaning swordsmanship and archery were slowly dying off and being replaced with weapons that could pack a tougher punch and required little to no effort to master. Of course, I had to be with the times so I sadly had to learn how to use a firearm as well since my sword could only do so much especially if I was facing an opponent who specialized in firing lead bullets at me.

But before I reflect too much on how taijutsu was changing, we would shift to the last point of this class which was Ninjutsu. Like before I would speak the following: Lastly, we have ninjutsu which Hoseki mentioned earlier. Ninjutsu is the most nebulous of the three and may most simply be described as anything that is not genjutsu or taijutsu. Ninjutsu is the most diverse type of jutsu because there are so many sub-categories that one can dive into if they are truly interested. However, the primary sub-categories, or elements, are fire, water, earth, lightning, wind and non-elemental which each have their own unique strengths and weaknesses! If you work diligently in your training, you may even be able to combine two of these elements together to form what is called an advanced element which are significantly stronger than just base element ninjutsu.

I would finish by asking a simple question: That is my simple overview of these three. Do we have any questions?"
  • Please have your next posts up by Saturday forum time.
  • Strike Three for Fuyuko Jun, Strike Two for Shigetoshi Shingo, and Strike One for Senju Sakyuma.
  • If any of you ever need more time, please contact me before the deadline and I will work with you. I really do not want to fail anyone.

Mitsunari Akagi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akagi listened intently to the teacher speak, absorbing as much information as he could, some times slightly zoning out before refocusing. Making sure to pay attention to the taijutsu and genjutsu parts of her lecture, in order to understand his own strengths and weaknesses. Listening attentively to the subjects when she discussed them Akagi was intrigued by genjutsu and decided at that moment that he might look into it and have his friend Shin teach him a thing or two.

Once finished with her lecture the proctor would ask if the class had any questions, Akagi having grasped what she was saying was content with not asking any questions as he would slink back into his seat, awaiting the other students to either ask or remain silent.

(OOC: Bad post but as things come to a conclusion I lost my mojo)

Karasu Mika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Post 7:

As the blonde woman corrected the black-haired girl on about Genjutsu, the girl frowned at the fact that she was wrong. Flipping to the page where she kept all the information on about Genjutsu, the girl wrote down the information. She drew a line across all the weing information, adding in red ink the corrections. As she quickly finished writing, she turned her attention back to what the woman was saying. ”—know is the Cancel technique which causes a surge in chakra to the body that tries to dispel the effects of the Genjutsu on you. However, one has to—“ The girl stopped listening as she realized the woman was talking about something her father had told her. He had stated something about his special eyes helping him cast and perceive Genjutsu. Memories of red eyes flashed in front of her eyes before she shook away the image. She began focuisng on what the woman was saying, deciding that ignoring her may not be the right choice, as she was quite scary when angered. The woman had moved on from the topic of Genjutsu to Taijutsu.

Mika simply listened to what else the woman said, sometimes writing down a few notes or humming softly. The class was becoming a bit boring, but she had to be here anyways. To become a great shinobi, she would have to be knowledgeable. As the woman began moving on from the subject of Taijutsu, she made a comment on about using firearms. Firearms... Mika remembered her mother calling them ‘guns’. They could be quite useful, the girl mused as she weote down the notes about the ‘guns’. The teacher said very little about them, but if she used them, Mika might have to learn to use them as well... The subject moved onto Ninjutsu and the girl listened as always, taking some notes in her small notepad. It was filling up quite quickly... She’ll need to get a new one. Maybe she could learn how to seal bigger notepads?

wc: 335

ooc: I’ve been a bit busy with school and other threads, so this might be the only post in this thread for the week.

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As I finished, I would wait to see if anyone in the room had any questions or concerns for me. However after what seemed like an awful long time of waiting, I would nod to myself as it appeared that we were finished with this basic introduction into the shinobi world for now as the bell rung and kids ran by our classroom eager to be done with their classes for the day. Due to this, I would look at all of my students with a smile and say: "You are dismissed, Class. Enjoy the rest of your day and I hope we all get to meet up again sometime soon!" Hopefully, they had learned a great deal from me about the bare essentials of the shinobi world being Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, and Taijutsu. They still had a lot to learn in their spare time and by experimenting, but I felt like they would one day be able to fill the shoes of their superiors and truly run the place after the rest of us were too old and semi-retired to do so.

After speaking what I needed to say, I would walk out of the classroom and head back to my office as I had some paperwork to take care of for the academy and the hospital. One of the papers mentioned examinations coming up soon for people that were eligible and felt ready to take them. A smirk would appear on my face as I had to wonder if any of those students would be ready in time as most of them felt to me like they were uncomfortable and lacking the proper education currently to truly excel on the exam. Nevertheless, all of them would have their moment in the spotlight soon enough when they took their exams even if some of them would take far longer to get there than others.
  • Feel free to post when you are ready.
  • Class is complete. I will let you know when to apply the rewards for completing the class!
  • I hope you all had fun because I did! ^^
  • Topic left unless stopped.

Karasu Mika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Post 8:

As the woman seemed to have been finished with her lesson, Mika began packing away her items. She closed her notepad shut and attached the pen to it, makign sure it actually stayed and wouldn’t come off. As she finished putting the items away into her pouch, the bell rang, indicating that the class was finished. Smiling, the girl grabbed her bento, standing up just as the other students. Soon enough, not being able to contain their energy, most of the students rushed out of the classroom, talking with their friends.

As the black-haired girl walked by her teacher, she heard the blonde woman say in a loud and clear voice, ”You are dismissed, Class. Enjoy the rest of your day and I hope we all get to meet up again sometime soon!” The black-haired girl nodded, though not knowing if the teacher saw, and hurriedly walked out of the classroom to get to her next class. Her thought drifted to the blonde girl, Ren, and her face flushed in anger. Calming herself down, the girl thought back to the other blonde student, Akagi. A small smile on her face, the girl entered her next class.

wc: 196

ooc: sorry for short post >.<
[Left unless Stopped]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back