Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Shinobi Basics 101 [Class]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi walked down the corridor the breeze gently catching his hair forcing it to sway lighting with each step he took. It had been so long since he had walked down these corridors. A lot had changed during his time away but at least he was home now, after managing to get cornered into running a class here he was. Sighing slightly under his breath he allowed the sun to catch the black cloak he wore. The clothes of the Anbu stifled him in this heat, but that was something that he had got used to in the time that had passed. For today his normal green hair had been dyed black, his mask firmly secured to his face and his identity for all purpose of this lesson completely void of identity.

" I always managed to find something to keep myself busy with at least, I wonder what this group of Academy Students will be like. I still remember being young and naive when I was there age"

His words less than a whisper as he finally turned the corner to the class room, seeing the door in front of him his hand gently slid the door open, revealing an empty room with a pile of books stacked up on the teachers desk. The black board cleared from previous scribble and new chalk left for him to write with. The sun beamed threw the wide windows as he observed around him for a few seconds before entering the room, leaving the door open for the students to enter by.

Takeshi walked gently over to the desk and took the books that had been laid out, as he started to walk around the class room he swiftly distributed the books out to each of the seats that were around making sure that there where enough books for any student that arrived. As he found his way back to the front of the desk he allowed his fingers to curl around the chalk before picking it up. Simply letting the chalk scratch against the black board and leaving behind the words. Subject: Shinobi Basics 101, Teacher: Green Shadow

Once the words had been completed the chalk was placed back and the Anbu member took his seat at the front of the class waiting for the lesson to begin. Last time he ran a lesson he had been sat here, wearing the black robes like now. The nostalgia of the moment threatened to tear him from thought as he waited for the students to arrive.

OOC wrote:
48h post limit since my post for this class. If you miss the time limit, you get a strike. Three strikes and you automatically fail. If you, for some reason, know that you cannot meet the 48h in the current posting round, PM me. That being said, there is no enforced posting order because of the time limit, but it's polite to do :3 Let's have fun

[WC: 422]

Hiyasu Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hiyasu Shiori shuffled his way into the room, stopping at the entryway. He blinked once, taking in the scene, before quickly moving to one of the tiered rows of seating. He placed himself gingerly on the bench, grasping the book in his hands as he did so. It was an old book, slightly dog eared, fitting with Shiori’s own careworn attire.

His teacher seemed an odd one. In full ANBU regalia, black on black down to his hair, yet bathed in sunlight. Shiori smiled at the juxtaposition, the shadowy agent illuminated for all to see.

And his name was…

...The green shadow. Not really a name, but ninja were an odd bunch. Superhuman abilities led to superhuman egos, his father had slurred one night. He seemed to not be noticed for now, as the great act of waiting begun. He didn’t mirror the nonchalant pose of the teacher, instead hunching forward, flipping through the book.

As he looked at the concepts covered in the book, Shiori’s mind began working. He read the key phrases, took care with the help boxes, and studied the illustrations, concentration writ large upon his face.

Shiori pulled loose sheets from his tatty bag, smoothing them as best as he could. With that small ritual done, he rolled up the blue-green sleeves of his robe, keeping them clear from the ink of his writing. For there would be many a note to take in this class. Basics. Poor Shiori hadn’t even mastered a simple strike. He needed this extra credit.

WC: 254

Megumareta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Megu ran down the halls of the Academy with shouts of "Sorry sorry sorry!" as he wove his way through the mass of students making their way to lessons. The morning shift had been busier than usual with a dog walking group swapping poodles for noodles on their monthly meet. It had taken him a solid thirty minutes just to clean up the dog hair, let alone try to tame his own unruly mane. Bloody Inuzukas. One of the dogs had tried to use one of the table legs as a chew toy whilst another had somehow managed to steal a leg of lamb from the kitchen and was going to town on it in the middle of the floor. A third dog was going to town on a cushion, but he really didn't want to relive those harrowing memories again anytime soon as that seemed more loving than biting. At least his mother would have the sense to throw out the cushions even if Suo had found the whole thing hilarious, carrying one of the dogs on his shoulder for a while. The only good thing that came out of the morning was that he'd managed to poach some food. He'd taken a little more just in case his new friends were around.

He arrived in the class trying his best not to pant, quickly noticing Shiori sat leant over a book he was flicking through. He took the desk next to him with a "psssstttt Shiori! I got some eggggssss"<i></i> whispered quietly across to the boy next to him.

Pulling his notebook out of his bag he stole a glance over at the... what? That was the teacher? The man was dressed in a fully black robe with a mask, jet black hair finishing his outfit. For a brief second he panicked that he was in the wrong lesson until he looked at the board, the Shinobi Basics 101 putting him at ease, but the name Green Shadow once again making him feel slightly uneasy. Who was this guy? He flicked through the book half expecting ream upon ream of Konaha secrets to be inside, but was surprised, yet a little dismayed, that this actually as Shinobi 101.

Looks like we might be in for a hell of a class...

WC: 380

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yukio walked into the classroom, taking a few steps in before glancing at the students already in the room. Taking in their faces to remember before taking a second to wonder what kind of people they might be. Turning his head back a moment to listen to the sounds of the other students in the hallway, pondering if any others would be joining them at a later time. Walking back a few rows to a seat and looking down at the teacher who would be showing them the basics he raises an eyebrow thinking to himself.

"That's more than a bit professional turning up to teach students in full gear, maybe he has some trust issues though that's just an assumption at this point. Maybe they're just a bit weird although considering he's teaching us something i can't really complain".

He picks up the book laying on the desk, now firmly seated in the corner of the room away from the others, flicking through the pages as he takes the occasional look at the others once more. Hoping they will not come across as being as strange as this "green shadow" seems to be. He lifts his hand to the light coming in through the windows taking a moment to get used to the sunlight on his face as he lets out a quiet sigh leaning his head on his and as he does so.

Just an easy lesson then move onto the next, rinse and repeat, can only get better from this point anyway

[WC: 255]

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The sun beamed down on the female shinboi, it was hot today and the air was still making the temperature feel all the warmer, she hated the heat. She was never sure if it was to do with her naturally cold blood or not. Yuki made her way round the grounds of her old academy, well not really her old academy while its location was the same the brick work was different though she had to admit they had done a very good job rebuilding it, she was amazed that for such a recently build structure it still managed to look old, her feet carried her to the old training fields the scent of the green grass filled her nose she could help but smile a little. She was home

Since her return to the Leaf Village, Yuki couldn't shake the feeling of nostalgia, the sights and the sounds of the Village and the familiar smell of Ichiraku Ramen that seemed to be carried on the breeze no matter where you were, brought her straight back to her time training with Takeshi and the others. While at the time she couldn't wait for the academy to be over looking back on it now she wished in a way she could go back to a point in time that everything was a bit more simple and made a lot more sense. She wonder, in part, if it was due to this feeling that brought her back to the Academy, fanning herself with her hand she stepped through the entrance trying to escape the heat.

Entering the corridors she could see that very little had changed, students filled the space in front of her slowly filling into the open class rooms that lay either side of the hallway, the sound of chattering and laughing echoed as the sounds bounced of the concrete and wooded walls, one by one each of the doors closed and the sounds of lesson began behind them, she walked quietly and respectfully through down the hall finding one of the door still open, peeking inside she saw a man sitting at the desk in front of the class, dressed in full ANBU gear, his introduction had already been written on the chalk board behind him. Before him was his class, it consisted of 3 young boys, she smiled at them and then turned to the man she could only assume was the teacher.

"Hello, sorry for the intrusion I was just having a trip down memory lane when I noticed your door was one of the few classes left open, I was wonder if you minded letting me take a seat at the back and have a listen in for old times sake?"

[Word Count=460]

Naru Hiroshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hiroshi ambled along the corridors, accepting the fact that while he was unlikely to be late, he definitely would not be the first person to turn up for the class that he was planning to attend. His footsteps were as light as his mood, and he smiled contentedly to himself as the warmth of the day relaxed him, the smile taking a slight downward turn at the prospect of a dry day of book learning.

Still, could be worse. At least this lesson should prove somewhat useful...I hope.

The young boy saw the doorway to the assigned classroom just ahead and as he approached, he steeled himself for the potential boredom that could lie on the other side, and the temptation he would face to simply mess around and distract his new friends. With that, he walked through the doors and into the classroom proper, his eyes drifting over to the rows of seats in search of familiar faces. He spotted Megu and Shiori quickly, throwing a wave towards the pair even as he turned back towards the teacher at the front of the class...and almost ran headlong into a woman he hadn't noticed in his way. Managing to bring himself to a stop, he sidestepped around the lady and made his way towards the final seat on the row with his friends, sliding into it and looking down at the book which had been laid out ready for whoever turned up.

“Shinobi Basics 101? Why do I feel as though this is going to be the perfect napping lesson?”

The question was muttered quietly under his breath, but he hoped his friends would hear his words even as he looked over towards the teacher who was no longer obscured from view by the woman that Hiro had almost stumbled into. Black robe, black hair and some sort of weird mask, the young boys eyes flicked towards the board behind the teacher and he worked hard to smother the mirth he felt at the man's name.

“Green shadow? Which bit of him is green I wonder?”

WC - 348

Mitsukuri Kura

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kura, hurried down the halls to find the class she was supposed to attend. Everything was so new not familiar to her. And she was a bit nervous. Wondering who her teacher would be.
Finally, Kura reached her destination, to the classroom. She slowly opened the door and peeked in seeing other students, feeling a bit shy, she took a seat near the back of the room. It was mostly quiet in room. Kura looked up and saw her teacher, she felt a bit tense. She directed her look back down at her desk.
I hope he is a nice teacher, and I get through this.
She heard the chalk on chalkboard and looked up at what he was writing. She couldn’t help noticing his spikey green hair. Seemed a bit mysterious to her, by his looks. A few of the other students were whispering something. Kura just sat quietly as she knew no one. She hoped that she could make new friends and have a good start on her future being here. Kura noticed a woman in classroom, and wondered why she was there. Maybe a past friend of her teacher.
Kura fumbled with her books and pencils waiting on class to start. In a way, she was excited for learning but in the same way couldn’t wait till it was over. Not knowing anyone made her feel a bit uneasy. She told herself you can get through this Kura. The teacher turned at looked at his class, the room grew quiet as you spoke. Kura looked up at him ready for class to start.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi sat at the front just observing the class, knowing full well that the lesson had begun as the class room had a fairly good turn out of eager eyed students. Well that was what he hoped for at least, a few of them looked like odd balls but hey he wasn't perfect in the begging either. Standing up he walked over to the door and shut it gently, letting the familiar click come to his ears signalling the students attention. Stepping back threw the room he lent against the desk allowing his eyes to glance over all of them for a second before speaking.

"Right, well its nice to meet all of you I guess. Lets start the ball rolling on this lesson if you would all like to open your books onto page three please. We will start by looking at the basics and I will get you guys to explain some of it for me"

Letting his hand come out to the desk he gently thumbed the pages over and looked at the title of the page, knowing this might be considered a boring lesson but there was nothing he could do about it unfortunately. It was just the nature of the lesson, no point rushing to something more advanced before they could even walk.

"So lets start with the basics, I will simply allocate each of you to come up to the front and speak about a subject, I want to get an understanding of how much you know. And also a little about yourselves after all I need to learn a bit about yourself. So start by saying your name, a little about yourself and the subject I have given you to speak about"

As he finished speaking he allowed his hands to come to a clipboard, flicking it over he had a name of expected students already given to him. His eyes flicked down over the list before he paused and read the all to familiar name sat at the back. Smiling under the hidden mask he knew asking Yuki any questions would be pointless as always.

"Right lets get things started, this is the order in which you will come up and what is assigned to you. Hiyasu Shiori you will cover Main Branch, Megumareta you will cover Anbu Branch, Otsune Yukio you will cover Medical Branch. And for the last two of you Naru Hiroshi you will explain the basics of Jutsu and what they split into. Kura you will cover what is expected of you before progressing from a student into the ninja world"

As he finished speaking his eyes fell across Shiori who was first on the list, as he moved from the desk and beckoned the boy to come to the front. It was time to see how much they each really knew.

[WC:474]

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Yuki slipped into the classroom once the last of the students had joined the lesson closing the open door behind her and took a seat at the front of the class, she sat silently watching the man at the front of the class thumbing through the book on the desk, even though she didn't have the book that the rest of them had in front of her she knew the content pretty much by heart, though she had to admit that it been a very long time since she last read it. She rested her elbow on the desk, her chin resting in her palm feeling her long crimson hair falling over her shoulder as she watched the man write on the chalk board, circled was the topics the children where expected to give him the information on. He could have thought of something a little more interesting for their first Academy lesson, its most unlike him. Oh well I guess that they all have to start somewhere. She thought to herself.

To her the question seem relatively simple but she guessed that to some of the students that where present may not have had much contact with the Ninja World as she did, she was fortunate that when she started the Academy she had been given a lot of the information that she would have needed when she started thanks to her two older adopted brothers that had been through the academy before her, she made a mental note to pay them a visit now that she had returned home. Yuki sat back in her seat, waiting for the first of the four students to make their way to the head of the class, she had just as much interest as the teacher did was to how much each of them knew.

Hiyasu Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shiori grinned back at his friend, waving to Hiroshi as he came into the room. Megumareta always had a way to make the boy smile, even with something as simple as being over exuberant about eggs.

His attention snapped back to the front of the room as their teacher had begun speaking. It seemed they were starting with exercises to get to know each other. He shrugged, grabbing his book. He shuffled past Hiroshi, slowly walking down to the front of the class, past a woman that seemed far too old to be in the academy. If he was her age, he would be out and about enjoying freedom, not coming to a class for children.

He turned as he got to the front, opening the contents page of the book. His finger moved down the list, stopping at the desired page. He selected the page, before half-closing the book, looking up at the gallery of inquisitive faces.

“Well, my name is Hiyasu Shiori. I’ve only been in leaf for a short time, we had to move recently.” He paused for a second, wondering if he needed to say any more about himself. He didn’t want to bog people down with his life story, they were here to learn things related to the life of a shinobi, not each other’s pasts. He opened the book, looking down at the selected page.

“The branches are different specialisms that a ninja can enter as they progress through their career. The three branches are: Medical, ANBU and Main branch. I will talk about the main branch.”

He flipped the page.

“The main branch is the most common path for ninjas. They will take the most common missions assigned to the village, be it escort, intelligence gathering, or espionage. Within the main branch, there are further divisions. These normally become more apparent later in a ninja’s career. These three divisions are: Intelligence division, Barrier division and correctional division. The intelligence division are responsible for retrieving secret documents or infiltrating key targets to acquire information. Jounin assigned to this Division usually are those skilled in stealth tactics. While not obtaining information many are either deciphering or acting as couriers.”

Shiori paused for a second, looking up at the class for a brief moment before continuing onward.

“Konoha's Barrier Division is comprised of Jounin in charge of maintaining the village's first barrier, the Phoenix Gates. Managing gate entries, patrolling the surrounding forest detecting intruders, and intercepting them, and responding to surrounding emergencies are some of this division's additional responsibilities. The Correctional Division is made up of shinobi who are responsible for monitoring other shinobi. While also tasked with looking into criminal activity within the village, they also supervise prisoners. They also have access to the prison. Here they guard and watch over a varied ranking of shinobi and non-shinobi prisoners. They are generally the ones who quell uprisings or deal with escapees, using any force necessary."

"At the top of the main branch is the Head Jounin. As the leader of the regular shinobi forces, they oversee many of the mission assignments given to shinobi within their branch. Responsible for assigning exam proctors and overlooking applicant records, this shinobi is generally a busy individual. Still officially a Jounin themselves, it is not unusual to see the Head Jounin leading missions directly handed down from the Hokage and Sennin.”

Shiori snapped the book closed, walking back up to his seat.

“That’s what I know of main branch, Mr. Shadow.” Shiori said as he sat down, taking a proffered egg from Megumareta.

WC: 594
Total: 848

Megumareta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Megu sat listening to Shiori, gazing around at the other students, a few familiar faces popping out.

I know nothing about the Anbu. They're a secret society to exterminate anyone who gets in their way. Right?

At least that's what he'd heard from other people, but truth be told he didn't have the faintest. He flicked through the book and was surprised to find that there was actually a chapter on Anbu in it, which did strike him as slightly odd for such a group who seemed to value anonymity so highly. Shiori finished and Megu cleared his throat before walking to the front, trying to contain the slight nerves he felt.

It's just like reading out the specials. I got this. Tea? Coffee? Secretive ninja group who could snap my neck in my sleep before I'd even woken up? Basically the same really.

He faced the class and held the book open, eyes cast down finding his place as he spoke.

"Name's Megumareta, please just call me Megu. Megumareta's more of a mouthful than my mothers cooking!"

Focus Megu...

"So yeah...erm, I don't know much about the Anbu to be honest Sir and the book's rather basic. To sum it up as Shiori mentioned the Anbu is one of the three branches that ninjas can develop into after the academy, the Anbu being the lesser known.

Anbu are Shinobi that protect the village from exceptional threats, conduct high-risk missions into enemy territory, and deal with extremely strong ninja. They are also responsible for carrying out assassinations, tracking, surveillance, and missions specially aimed against other trained ninja. Some Anbu serve as guards to the ruling leadership of the village.

I've heard that the current ranks are made up of Anbu who were from Stone but stayed after Leaf was fine again, but no one knows their identity and the punishment for trying to find out is death. Okay maybe not death. My boss Suo made that up he owns a cafe in the red oak district that offers big discounts to students and has loads of different coffees and teas and their foods amazing if anyone's ever in town!"

He stood for a second eyeing up the robed Shinobi infront of him. He walked back to his seat past the elder female Shinobi. Sitting down he worried that about half of what he said was actually relevant, but hey he'd plugged Suos which was always a bonus, but they were there to learn, he didn't expect he had to have an intimate knowledge of the branch. He turned to the other students waiting for them to take their turns.

MFT
WC: 440
Total: 820

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Watching the remaining students enter he lets out a quiet sigh, observing them from the back of
the room as he finishes quickly flicking through the many pages of the book in front of him, as the
teacher speaks he casts his gaze across all present, raising an eyebrow to the much older women
who entered the room with them wondering why she is present in the academy. Thinking on this
he decides it's better not to assume as he listens closely to the teacher.

"Medical, Sounds simple enough and pretty basic. Something everyone should know from the
beginning." He mutters to himself.

As the first student introduces himself he sets his gaze on them, relaxed, his head still on his hand
in a rather nonchalant manner as he listens to the explanation giving a slow nod as it is given,
quite surprised at the level of detail given. What was really on his mind was his story, the same is
him from outside the leaf, pondering on if their experiences were similar, watching Shiori as he
walks back to his seat and glancing at the student next to him.

"Seems like everyone has already found their groups here, friends I guess is the right word to use.
Must have known each other for quite some time but again a guessing game though guess I may
as well get this over with"

Standing up and leaving his book at the desk he walks to the front of the room, turning to face the
class as he speaks in a calm manner.

“Well hello. My name is Otsune Yukio and I moved to the hidden leaf from the Rain, living with my
grandparents during my time here. Moving on the medical branch are responsible for the well-
being of all present in the village for ninja this comes under the branch of Medical Nin who are
those who, as the name suggests, specialise in medical jutsu to help those around them. In many
cases those in the medical branch will attempt to learn a variety of these jutsu and what is learned
can vary on profession.”

“A good example would be the Inuzuka clan who’s Nin specialise in the treatment of ninken as it
serves them with more purpose than others might, the same can be said for all forms of medicine.
This is all I can remember at this time but it’s better than nothing”

He walks back up the rows, returning to his seat and retaking his relaxing posture on the desk as
he returns to waiting what will be said to them next.

[WC: 434]

Naru Hiroshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The basics of jutsu and how they split? That seems to be a bit...vague. Ah well, guess I'll have a flick through the book and see if I can't make this a bit easier on myself.

Hiroshi looked down at the worn tome that sat in front of him and opened the book gingerly, scanning the list of topics that was shown in the index until he found the one he was looking for. Flicking through the pages until he reached his topic, the young boy listened to his friend approach the front of the room and begin to speak, a smirk tugging at Hiro's mouth as he realised that Shiori had had the exact same idea he had.

Hiroshi continued to read even as Shiori finished his summation on the main branch and Megu stepped up and started to speak about the Anbu, all the while plugging the cafe where he and his mother worked. Hiro's thoughts began to wander towards what the stew on offer today may consist of, however he pulled himself back to the present with a concerted effort and continued to read, hoping for inspiration to jump from the page and finding himself decidedly underwhelmed with the results. The third student got up and spoke about the medical branch, his knowledge seeming to be beyond that of a regular member of the academy, and Hiroshi pushed aside a small spike of anxiety at the thought of following such a person with his half-baked ideas plucked from the pages of the aged book he was frantically scanning.

Finally, it was Hiroshi's turn to talk. The young boy rose gingerly to his feet, grabbed the book he had been reading and trotted down to the front of the class. Placing the book on the teacher's desk, the young boy looked up and winked at his friends before beginning to speak.

“Hey there, my name is Naru Hiroshi and I was born in Leaf, moved away for a while, then came back. I like naps, stew and not much else. Anyway, with regards to jutsu, they are techniques which can be performed by using one's chakra, and forming handseals to manifest the chosen technique. There are rumours that some can do certain jutsu by using only one hand to make a handseal, and some can even do it without using their hands at all, but that could just be a rumour or bragging. As for the types, there are 3 key types according to this book; ninjutsu, taijutsu and genjutsu. Ninjutsu are the ninja arts and tend to deal with elements and the manifestation of a technique, taijutsu are the physical arts and do with augmenting or using ones own body or a weapon to perform a technique, and genjutsu are illusionary, and attack the mind and senses more than the body.”

Hiroshi looked over at the teacher, nodded, grabbed his book from the desk and moved swiftly back to his seat, hoping he had gotten the answer at least a little bit right, and waiting to see what they final student would say to answer their question.

WC – 520

Total WC - 868

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi stood patiently listening to each of them speaking, noticing that they were as green as anything. But time had a way of changing that, regardless of if they knew it yet the world had a funny way of changing people’s perceptions. Waiting for the last one to sit down he glanced at the students gathered around him.

“Very good all of you, I know it’s boring at this point, no-one wants to read a book. I would hate reading a book it would be annoying for even me. But let’s have a bit of fun at the same time.”

Takeshi grabbed a piece of paper out of his pockets. Scribbling the words on the paper he ripped it up in front of him, allowing his eyes to glance at the groups it was time to split them up and such a nice equal number would work in his favour. Handing the paper on it, each one had two names on as he headed back to the front of the class room he sat down and waited for the students to read.

“As you can see, I have divided each of you up into two teams, one thing I learned instantly is you can find useful items anywhere when in need, that is what you guys will do. I have given the teams a room, the aim is simple, go find something that could be used. A weapon, trap, detection aid, come back as quick as possible and show me what you found. Each team must find two items simple as that.”

Knowing full well most of the teams had never had the chance to meet each other he wondered how well this would go. But looking at the names and places he walked up to the board to write them down to make sure everyone knew as well. The list was simple and came as followed.

Team 1 – Megumareta and Otsune Yukio (Gym Room)
Team 2 – Naru Hiroshi and Hiyasu Shiori (Music Hall)

[WC: 334]

Hiyasu Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shiori looked at the only other boy in the class apart from the group of three, a moody child sat away from the group. He looked back to Megu, taking another egg.

“Good luck.” He offered a smile at his friend. He grabbed the book, motioning for Hiroshi, egg in mouth. They were good eggs. He hadn’t spoken to the silver-haired boy much, a regular at the restaurant rather than working with him, but they had a small rapport. The pair padded down the hall towards the music room.

“Been up to much, Hiro?” Shiori had a tendency to shorten the names of his two friends, whether they liked it or not. He pulled the door aside, taking the lead on entering the room. No one was using it at the moment, no one used it much now anyway, music not seen as a massively important Shinobi art. He began rummaging through the instruments. The larger instruments would make good clubs…

...maybe this triangle? Shiori gave it a test throw, and it hit a large bass drum with a deep boom. He offered a sheepish grin to the perpetually ‘bored’ Hiroshi.

What had their teacher said? Something useful. It didn’t need to be a weapon. He began looking in the less obvious places, a plan forming in his mind…

And there! In a set of drawers at the back. Some string for the stringed instruments, translucent. It was for one of the larger instruments, he surmised, from the length. Such an item could be used as a trap, a weapon, or detection, depending on what it was hooked up to. Or used alone.

“I think I have something, Hiro.” Shiori called over, proffering the instrument string. But Hiroshi was conducting his own search. Shiori contented himself in the way many youngsters did with musical instruments. He began tapping drums, running his hands over strings, tooting constructs of brass.

In one section, he found something very interesting, a box with a crank, and keys. He gave it a turn, the instrument producing a dull drone. He tapped a key as he did so, a note playing over the drone.

“That’s pretty cool…” He murmured, turning back to his friend.

WC: 368
Total: 1216

Megumareta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
They'd finished presenting and now it was time for the action round. Megu discovered he'd been partnered with one he didn't know in the class. He turned and nodded to the boy,

"Yukio, you ready?"

He walked out the class, eager for him and his new teammate to get a good start. As they entered the gym hall Megu halted and looked around, wondering whether Yukio was following him or not.

"So a weapon, trap or detection aid... there's some dumbbells there, we could always clobber someone to death with them?"

He picked one of them up, trying to look macho and failing miserably, as he had to put it down with quite a slam. He stood nodding at it, pretending he was contemplating their use. Really his arm just kinda hurt.

Walking round the gym hall he surveyed the other items, his eyes resting onto a football goal. Resisting the temptation to have a quick game of heads and volleys he instead walked over to the goal and un-looped the net. He brought it back over to where the dumbbells were and started unscrewing them. Within moments he'd lashed the ends of the net with individual weights on the corners to create a crude weighted throwing net, two items creating one new.

"Throw this and it will wrap around the enemy, disabling them. I've seen it used before. It'll slow their movements even if it doesn't entangle them giving us time to either attack or escape. What you think? This counts as one item still right?"

Truth be told he had actually seen one used before, on a stray dog that had been going through their bins. But in theory it would work the same right? Unfortunately Megu's theory was definitely as lacking as his practice. He stood half tossing that in his hands, trying not to get himself tangled up in it.

"You seen anything useful?"

MFT- 318
Total WC: 1138

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He sighed as he heard the assignment looking down to the boy he was partnered with. Nodding back to him with a slight smile.

"Sure lets go get this done shouldn't be too difficult to find something we can use"

His words seemed confident on the surface but a slight hint of nervousness was audible beneath them as he followed Megu out of the room to the Gym wondering what kind of person he would be, as they entered he began to look around for anything of use, scratching his head from time to time attempting to think of any ideas as to what would count as being useful as he watched megu pick up the dumbbells chuckling at his efforts.

"We could always hope though i guess that would be too easy, i doubt i'd be able to pick them up honestly."

He attempted to pick one up, struggling to do so not being quite physically fit and getting a bit embarrassed at his failed effort, itching his cheek splitting off for a moment to look around the rest of the Gym and finding a few climbing ropes picking them up and wondering before turning back to him as he made his throwing net.

"That's not a bad idea, or we can use these ropes and the net to create a one of those pressure traps for capture, we have more than a few options now. Being creative is the goal here so maybe making one item out of many will count."

He was still rather new to all this, his inexperience showing as he fumbles around trying to think of what to do or how to make what he had imaged in his mind. still looking for anything else available in the room but getting no inspiration.

[WC: 299]
[WT: 988]

Naru Hiroshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the groups were read out and their task was given to them, Hiroshi felt a sense of satisfaction that he would be working with one of his friends. He had nothing against the boy who had been teamed up with Megu, but he knew that he would almost certainly work better with someone he knew, rather than a relative stranger.

Naru followed Shiori and his egg-stuffed face out of the classroom and towards the music room. Shiori asked him a question as they walked, his mouth forming the words around his chewing and Hiroshi smiled warmly towards his friend.

“Not really, just been trying to get as much done at this academy as I can so that I can graduate as soon as possible.”

As his answer came, the pair found themselves in the music room and Shiori entered first, Hiroshi following him through the door and heading over towards a corner of the room away from his friend, and idly cycling through the items there.

Most of this stuff is pretty rubbish for a ninja's use. Then again, maybe I'm thinking too big.

The young boy ignored a giant cymbal, knowing that while it might have been useful as a bludgeoning instrument, he could probably do better. Looking over at a drawer he had not yet opened, Hiroshi's eyes flitted from item to item, Shiori's voice sounding behind him but being ignored momentarily as Naru reached down and and picked up a small, shiny item that had caught his eye. Standing up with the item in hand, Hiroshi heard his friend finish playing on some droning instrument and the pair turned to face each other at the same time. Shiori held some sort of string or wire in his hand, and Hiroshi proffered the item he held in his hand.

“A bell. Primarily useful as part of a detection device, but if all else fails we could argue it's a weapon by throwing it at someone's head. Still, probably best to wire up some sort of tripwire with your string and this bell, so when it's walked into it makes a sound which alerts us to the presence of an enemy...unless you want to do bell-ended whip or something like that?”

WC – 374

Total WC - 1242

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Yuki sat her head resting in the palm of her hand as she listen to each of the student give their explanation of Jutsu and the branches with the Leaf Village, she couldn’t help but smile all of them seemed to know their stuff, or at least they knew a lot more than she did when she was their age. Even though she had a better knowledge than most about things due to her brothers going through the academy when it came to her first day she soon realized that she barely knew a thing.

Once all of the student had finished and returned to their seats the ANBU gave them their new assignments, the group split up into the two teams each of them given a different location to find something to use as a weapon, trap or detection. Yuki knew that this would test their ability to think of on their feet and use the things around them to their advantages. It was a useful skill that he was trying to get them to practice. Both of the groups left the classroom splitting up in the hall going to their different destination leaving Yuki and the ANBU alone. She got to her feet walking towards the front of the class perching herself on the corner on the desk at the front of the class.

”So what do you think of the new blood then?” She asked, her voice of jovial ”I think you have a good bunch their, they show a lot of promise.”

[MFT]
[Word Count = 262]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi leant against the desk, watching as the students disappeared out of sight and down the corridors, allowing his eyes to glance at each of them as they vanished. Pondering how long it would for them to complete the task, yet part of him hoped that they had some success in finding items that they were looking for. Hearing the voice of the woman speak in the corner he allowed his head to turn to be directed to the voice that had come his way. Listening intently, he allowed a small smile to creep from under the mask, knowing full well that she was observing the lesson this didn’t bother him at all though. He found it relaxing to have someone else’s opinion in the lesson.

“They still have a lot to learn, most of them have never stepped outside of the village. Not knowing what awaits them out there was something that we always found to be a bit disappointing. Let’s hope they get that first helping hand to provide success for their career that should be something that every single one of us deserves.”

Takeshi allowed himself to push his body up slightly he smiled as he walked over to where Yuki had been sat, knowing he had a little bit longer before the kids would return from there little task of hunting down objects. But at least the lesson was progressing well that was the main thing, part of it would be boring it was always the way when it came to stuff like this, yet some of it had to be fun that way at least he kept them interacting in the lesson and not just sitting still and probably falling asleep at the back. It wouldn’t be the last time he saw a student falling asleep in a lesson.

“At least they seem to be taking this lesson in their own stride. I mean look on the Brightside they are willing to get involved so I do give you the benefit of what you said being correct. If this group gives the time and commitment like we did back in the day. They will be able to move up through the ranks of Shinobi with ease. Of course, though we shall see what they bring back. I am sure it could be interesting.”

Takeshi finished the conversation with Yuki and began walking back to the front of the desk knowing full well that the group should be finishing up the assigned task of course. As he leaned once more against the desk his eyes scanned around the room. Looking at the posters and scribbles that had been made by teachers before him. This defiantly brought back a stage of nostalgia for him even he had to admit that one. Leaning back on his original position he knew full well that he was now waiting on the students, his eyes caught hold of one of the students book as he watched wind blow a page over gently.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back