Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Shinobi Basics 101 [Class]

Hiyasu Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“A bell end whip would be pretty unexpected.” Shiori smiled, suppressing a laugh at the absurdity of the idea.

“I think Mr. Shadow would prefer something more...classical, though.” Shiori said, affecting a mock-serious tone. As countless schoolboys had before him, Shiori had a bit of fun mocking his teacher. “As the NOT Green shadow, I will broodily make you find something perfect for a ninja to use as a weapon in a room of xylophones and tubular bells!” Shiori wagged his finger as he ‘lectured’ his classmate. The drive to be accepted in this foreign country was driving Shiori further and further from his meek self. What would he become by the end of his academy life?

The pair of shinobi-to-be left the music room, carrying their treasures, idly chatting. They stopped before they entered the room, leaving the door shut.

“I wonder if that woman is still there?” Shiori asked his friend. Shiori shrugged. It didn’t change things if she happened to still be present. It was odd for a full-on shinobi to be present along with a teacher in academy classes, but odd things were bothering the boy less and less the longer he spent in the ninja village. It seemed to be endemic to all shinobi: To not bat an eyelid at the unexpected or strange.

He stepped into the room, obviously butting in on a conversation the not-green shadow and unnamed woman had been engaged in. He sheepishly looked at the ground, his bluster and bravado gone in the presence of two leaf shinobi.

WC 259
Total 1475

Megumareta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Megu watched Yukio make the same mistake as he did, trying to pick up the dumbells. He laughed a little and rubbed his arm,

"looks like it's gonna have to be brains over brawn for now."

Megu stood admiring his throwing net, feeling the weight in his hands as Yukio pondered over the climbing rope, outlining his plan to combine their items to create a half-decent trap.

"Yes brilliant! We can wire it so when they trip the rope the net falls on them. Yukio I think we're on to a winner here! I wonder if we'll get to test it on anyone?"

He cackled slightly to himself as he imagined Hiroshi and shiori caught in their net, or better yet Green Shadow himself. Maybe they'd finally learn which part of him was green.

"Although I guess we've now used three items... I'll leave the weights off and we can still use the rope and the net to hopefully snag ourselves a ninja."

Untying the knots he dropped the weights back where he found them before starting to head back towards the classroom. As they walked he half asked, half pondered aloud,

"What do you think of Green Shadow? This all seems a little much for an academy lesson right?"

He made sure that his question and any possible answer was well out of earshot on their walk back to class. As much as he really did want to know what part of the shadow was green, he really, really didn't want some psycho in a mask to overhear him speaking about him.

As he arrived in the room he noticed that the female nin was still there. He wondered who she was and why she was here, whether she was observing them, or perhaps even observing their tutor. Deep in thought he almost walked into Shiroi as he entered, stopping himself to stand next to the boy, awaiting their next task.

MFT-322
Total WC:1460

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He nods to Megu, knowing that it may be better to use something that requires less effort to use and chuckles in response.

"Very true, though saving your strength by letting someone catch themselves will always make things a little easier"

He wondered as Megu created the trap, looking over it in detail scratching his chin as he watches before giving a confident nod.

"I think you may be right there, though if we'll get to actually use it is another matter, maybe someday in the future or in the academy"

Looking at the items they had gathered and what had been made he was curious how the green shadow would feel about their use of all three objects. As much as he said one there can't possibly be a penalty for creativity right? For all it was a fleeting thought he still gave it a moment before letting it pass as he watched Megu take the weights off.

"That might be a good call, I don't think we'll get in trouble for using more than one item though it's better to be safe than sorry."

Walking out of the Gym he tilts his head over to Megu, thinking about his question.

"Well it could be much worse, Though he seems to be a rather serious person I guess that's because he's a teacher. Who knows what kind of person he is outside of this place, he could be anyone behind the mask though I guess we shouldn't pry too much into that."

The thought trailed off like so many of his thoughts do, returning to silence as he walks almost absent minded, Though whether he was actually paying attention to his surroundings was a mystery. Returning to the class he spared all present a glace before stopping to await their next task like the rest.

[WC: 306]
[WT: 1294]

Naru Hiroshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hiroshi listened to his friend's mocking tone as he imitated their taciturn teacher, and didn't even try to control the laughter that spilled from him, filling the music room with the sounds of his mirth.

"Shiori, you are far too good at that impression. Come on, let's head back to the classroom and see what this guy thinks of our genius invention."

Hiroshi followed Shiori from the room, the pair of them carrying their items as they made their way through the hallways back towards the classroom. The young boy hoped that the idea the pair had come up with was suitable, confident that the idea of a tripwire combined with a bell to act as an alert system was one that he thought would definitely go down well.

"I wonder if that woman is still there?"

Hiroshi turned towards his friend and shrugged minutely as he walked.

"I assume so. Seems very odd that someone would come down to a lesson like this, maybe she knows the teacher or something? Either way, I think I'd be more surprised if she wasn't still there."

Even as Hiroshi said this, the pair of them arrived at the classroom and the boy followed his friend into the room. He found himself slightly flustered as he realised that he and Shiori had interrupted a conversation between their teacher and the woman who had come to observe the class. Thinking that he could sense some discomfort from his friend, Hiroshi moved past Shiori and headed up to the seat he had vacated when they had been sent out on the exercise, sat down, and waited to see what the rest of the class would bring.

WC - 281
Total - 1523

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi finished speaking as the students started to file back into the class room. It seemed that they had at least managed to work together that much was clear. One thing they would need to rely on in the future at least. A lesson wouldn’t be completed if he didn’t teach them something that they wouldn’t realise he had until the time when they used it would come. Looking at the two items that had been collected both groups had managed to get at least something back. As he pointed them to their belongings he pondered for a second before speaking.

“It seems you have all managed to work together, honestly I couldn’t care about the items but well done on bringing them. The item is not as important as the communication and teamwork you had to share to get it here. Teamwork will keep you alive or get you killed”

His voice cold as he spoke pondering the memory that seemed to pluck up in his mind, remember his friendships he made here he leaned back on the desk slightly and allowed his mind to just think about the past before addressing the class. Memories and experiences should be shared with them not kept to the old folks.

“My first true feeling of team work, trust and friendship was at the gates of this village. Myself and another Anbu found a missing trying to run. Though we had to fight we did so together. His abilities in Taijutsu and mine matched perfectly allowing us both to overcome the enemy”

His voice cold as he spoke threw the mask, knowing full well that he and Yuki still wished to know where the last member of Team Mugen had gone. But that would be something for another day, they would find him and find answers with it. At the gates once more friendship had shown itself it wasn’t something they just gave up on.

“Now with that little insight into life, one last thing. Those of you that have a mind sight towards the Anbu please stay after this lesson. We have an offer for you, those that have no wish to think of the branch please leave. Thank you for the lesson students, you are dismissed”

As he stood there waiting to see who would stay, he allowed his mask to nod towards Yuki for her to leave as well, allowing a small smile to come from his lips. Without her mask she had no use to him right now but it didn’t matter the thing that did was who would be interested in the true hard training that would come next.

[Total WC: 2173]

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Yuki returned to her seat hearing the four of the students returning to the classroom, the two pairs walked through the door each group holding in their hands the objects that they had found to use for the purposes that had been given to them by their tutor. Each of the object caught her eye, it was good to see that they could all think on their feet, so far, she was impressed. She sat watching them until each of them to return to the classroom before getting to her feet, she smiled at the teacher and gave the class a respectful bow.

”It was a pleasure meeting all of you, I wish you all the best for the future I am sure that you are all going to make wonderful Shinobi one day.” She turned to the Green Shadow, ”And thank you Sir for allowing me to see what the future for our village holds.”. Almost silently she walked out of the classroom closing the door behind her and making her way down the corridor, she was glad she had a chance to meet them all before she began her official role with them, not that she was ever one to doubt him but she always liked to see how things where for herself.

The Haku reached the end of the corridor approaching the door of the main entrance of the academy she walked out into the blazing sun again, her eyes looked around searching for somewhere secluded and out of the way, she spotted a large tree near the back of the academy grounds, it was a huge oak tree its size casting a wide shadow on the grass below while the leaves closer to the ground had thinned due to the wind or other outside forces further up as almost completely covered. Not the best but a good place as any she thought to herself as she approached the rough surface of the tree. Placing one foot in front of her the female leaped into the air elegantly, the height taking her comfortably to the first branch of the tree she jumped again gaining a little extra height to where the leave obscured more, walking carefully along the branch she made her way into the more hidden area of the tree where the leaves were thicker, the wood groaned in protest but she was confident the branch wouldn’t snap. Her hands went to her back as she untied the obi of her kimono, she folded the fabric neatly draping it over the branch. The silk of her kimono slid down her shoulders and off her arms exposing the form hugging black battle fatigues of her Anbu uniform, she treated her kimono the same folding it neatly over the tree branch. She took a small length of robe that she had around her wrist tying her hair up and off her shoulders, lastly, she summoned the mask, the bone white was broken up by the deep red markings forming the shape of a cat. Yuki was finally ready to for the class to know the real reason she was there.

[WC - 522]

Hiyasu Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shiori liked the story. Even if the content of the item search lesson wasn’t needed, it seemed there was another lesson within the lesson. It showed the human side of the ANBU in black. It seemed, even at the heights powerful shinobi could reach, that teams were crucial to success. He looked at his friends. Hopefully someday they would be reminiscing about their first mission together as a team.

Joining with ANBU, though? The shadowy hunters didn’t sound like Shiori’s cup of tea, if he was honest. Being anonymous wouldn’t be great, either. He wanted to be a well known, powerful ninja. A man of acclaim in the future. Being an ANBU sounded like a dark life of paranoia, worried that someone would identify you, or seek revenge. There were other ways to defend the village. Shiori had been thinking about the branches after their presentations, and liked the sound of the main branch divisions.

“Thank you for the lesson, Mr. Shadow. But it’s not for me. I liked the sound of the main branch.” Shiori got up, throwing his bag over his shoulder. He looked at his friends.

“I’ll be at Suo’s, guys. I’ll get a bit of overtime in.” He smiled at the boys, before extricating himself from the tiered banks of seating, walking down the middle of the aisle. He pulled the door aside, walking out from the classroom, and left the academy. The day was a lovely, sunny one, and Shiori had a smile on his face as he walked to work.

[Topic Left]
WC- 256
Total -1631

Megumareta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Megu sighed a breath of relief as Green Shadow seemed at least slightly pleased with their efforts. Everything seemed to be getting slightly more real, the talk of teamwork, life and death. The Anbu started to reminisce about a time he'd found teamwork on the a battlefield and Megu felt slight pride at being part of something bigger than himself.

He leant against the desk deep in thought as the girl who'd been observing took her leave. He found himself watching her, admiring he crimson hair and emerald eyes.

I wonder if we're related somehow... Or maybe she's the nin that Green Shadow was talking about?

Realising that their tutor was speaking he brought himself back to attention, with an Anbu-related offer being set on the table. He froze against where he was leant. What had before felt real now felt terrifying.

Is this something I really want? Hell is it something I'm even ready for?

Shiori spoke first, outlining how his ambitions lay in the main branch. This did nothing to allay his fears as he'd been hoping that they could all be a team together. Someone leaving also made him realise that if they stayed they'd be forever marked in the others minds as potential Anbu.

If I stay Shiori will know that I want to become an Anbu, but it's a hell of an opportunity.

It was a big risk, but fortunately Megu liked risks.

'I'd like to stay Sir'

He looked over to the others, anxious to see what they would do.

MFT-256

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Otsune thought about the meaning behind the lesson as Shadow spoke, wondering what kind of team he would end up on and if his experiences would be anything similar to his mentors, what would his decisions in the future lead to. It was at this moment the offer to remain was given, he tensed up at the opportunity being given, knowing full well it was what he wanted but uncertain where such a path would lead to. What would he have to do to reach the point of the man standing before him.

"Is this really something i'll be capable of doing, Such hesitation is weak but with the oppertunity within reach. No i have to take this chance, i can't even guess when the next one will come to me."

He remained seated watching one of the other boys leave nodding at his choice, The anbu path was not for everyone. A life without a face or name, Hiding in the shadows, was not something all were capable off. Looking around the rest of the room he noticed his partner for the lesson has also remained seated, A slight smile coming across his face and a sense of relief that he was not the only one who wanted to hear what they we're about to go through.

"I will also remain here"

He attempted to sound confident in his answer but there air of doubt was there, but it was too late to go back now. Whatever became of this moment was his final decision, There was no room for indecision in the ANBU that much he was certain of.

[WC: 271]
[WT: 1565]

Naru Hiroshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hiroshi had to admit that the teacher's words made sense. Teamwork was something which would always be important to shinobi, and establishing that fact early would help to make sure that, when the time came, the young trainees would have the knowledge and ability to work with each other and hopefully avoid disaster.

And I know exactly who it is that I want to work with when the time comes.

Then the boy came to think about the offer of joining the Anbu, and he had to admit that he was very tempted by the offer to learn about the branch and join it. It would afford him the freedom to further his learning, and to become more able to protect himself and those he cared about. The opportunity was one which was too good to resist, and while he was somewhat reluctant to broadcast his intentions quite so openly, he knew that this was a chance he couldn't ignore. He watched as Shiori took his leave, and smiled minutely at his friends words as he left the room.

Always eager to work that one, good on him.

Megu spoke up, making his intentions clear with a few simple words, followed by the other member of the class who seemed to be muttering to himself before also announcing that he too would be staying. Finally, it was only Hiroshi who was left without announcing his intentions, and he knew that there was no team being coy or mincing his words.

“I'll be staying too.”

With that, all of the students had either stayed or left and it would be time to see what their teacher would have to say about the kids next steps towards joining the Anbu.

WC – 288
Total - 1811

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Yuki walked to the end of the branch that she was standing on, she stepped off the edge falling to the ground gently like a leaf falling from a tree. She readjusted her combat gear and tighten the mask around her face her eyes looked up to the tree making sure that her discarded clothes where hidden from sight satisfied that she had covered her tracks she walked back into the building that she had left a few minutes before. Little was left of the female before, when she acted as a ANBU everything changed, she made her stance appear taller her, body was tense like a tightly pulled piece of robe that was ready to break.

The halls where still empty when the female Shinobi walked back through them the muffled sounds of classes being held could still be heard through some of the wooden door, she noticed that her footsteps where almost silent as she walked another subtle change that she mode almost unknowing while wearing her mask. Reaching the classroom where she left the rest of them she slid the door open she entered silently her eyes scanned the room noticing that there was one less then there had been before, there was three of them now does that mean these will be the ones that she will be charged with, not that it bothered her she was more than happy with his selection each of them had impressed her in their own way. The Haku studied each of them again briefly making out it was the first time seeing them, she turned the man at the front of the class disregarding the boys and addressed him.

“You summoned me Captain?” Her voice echoed from behind the mask, she made her voice deeper, colder and threatening. Compared to her normal friendly tone the change shocked even her a little. She looked at the boys in the class, even though you could see her face she made her apparent disinterest in the known through her body language.

[WC = 339]
[Total WC = 1875]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi looked at the small group that had remained behind, three students out of four. That wasn’t bad going at all, and the interest they showed was real so that was another bonus he guess. But straight to the point of the matter, the lesson had finished and he had more work to do elsewhere but after all the future of the Anbu was staring at him right now. That was something he could not ignore. As he noted the new Anbu that had just entered into the room he turned back to the students not even replying to her for now.

“Well as you have stayed then a door is open to you. You wanted to follow the branch and as such you now will begin to learn your lesson. This is crimson snow a fully fledges Anbu inside of the branch, from this point until you make it to an Anbu in Training she will progress your training, teaching you lessons that will help progress you towards the exam and when she feels you are ready, then your exam will begin.”

He allowed the words to settle into the students for a little bit longer, knowing that he had thrown a lot of information at them at once, though that wasn’t a major thing they would need to get used to it at some point.

“With today’s lesson finished, we will answer any questions you have about the branch, once that is done then you will be summoned to your next lesson and thus your progression will begin”

[WC:260]

Megumareta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Megu leant against the desk, his heart thudding though his chest as the female nin left the area, then swiftly returned. Or at least another woman did. But was this the same?

Is this a test? Are we supposed to identify her to demonstrate awareness?

He looked more closely at the new female nin. Her build was still slight but she seemed to be standing slightly taller, holding herself proudly at the front of the class as she spoke to the Anbu. The female nin was wearing robes to slightly cover her form, but it was enough to show that her figure was still slight as the robes hung upon her. She was wearing a mask, and from the angle he stood he couldn't see her eyes no matter how hard he tried to lean in vision. What he could see though was her flowing crimson hair, exactly the same as before.

But why would she leave and come right back, that would be too obvious wouldn't it?

He stood warily, not wanting to cause disruption but not wanting to stand idle.

Sir, what was that female Nins name who was in here earlier? I think I know her, she left her bag in the shop last week.

Smooth. It would give him a chance to both learn her name and also see how the female nin would react. Megu had always found with his brother that any reaction could give away a lot more than it originally intended. He waited both for a reaction from her and to see if the others had any further questions, or suspicions.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi looked over to the small group, a smile on his face at the innocence in the room knowing full well that they had just started their journey something that should inspire them. Now with the presence of their guide to progress the Anbu member could turn to pressing tasks that one was true at least. His eyes glanced at the three remaining students knowing full well that next time he would see them would be on the day of their exam. His mind was pressed by other concerns this would help give him more free time.

“With this lesson being completed I will now leave you in the hands of my Anbu friend here to teach you more branch specific things. I hope that you follow training goes well and look forward to seeing you in the future. What you will define yourselves as is now in your hands, the Anbu Branch just opens the door for you to walk through. That much is your own decision. With that for you to think on I will take my leave until we meet again students.”

His voice cold like steel as he spoke to the students, looking at each of them. A sickening smile crept across his lips as he headed towards the door, heading out of the door leaving the students to think on what had been spoken. He smiled to himself as he let the sun glide across his uniform walking down the corridors of the academy. Now to sort other issues out, of course he would be keeping a very close eye on the new students to see how they developed. They had a promising future ahead of them, that much was sure. They had a lot of work to do but it would be worth it in the long run.

[Topic Left]
[WC:304]

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Yuki looked at the boy who spoke deliberately ignoring him, he was smart but she had been doing this to long to allow herself to get caught out, she grinned a little under mask. She turned to Takeshi as he spoke listening to his words, it seemed like it was now official she was going to become their teacher, her mind flashed back briefly to the day she was taken under the wing of a Shinobi with Takeshi and another old friend. Not allowing herself to dwell in nostalgia for too long she brought herself back to the present, she caught the last few words of the male Shinobi before he left the room leaving the three boys and herself standing in silence. The Haku took the front of the class folding her arms over her chest and spoke to them.

“Seeing as it looks like you are going to be under my wing I think it’s time that we cover a few ground rules. You will address me as Yokai, failing that it will be Miss or Madame. I do not tolerate tardiness if you arrive to one of my lessons late pray you have a good enough reason behind it or not show up at all. I will not go easy on you, I know that you are young but you are malleable and you can’t mold something without the right application of force. With that said I think that there is no time like the present for your ANBU training to begin. All of you will meet me outside this building at dawn tomorrow for your first day of training.”

The Haku turned away from them not letting them talk-back as she left the room a smile flashed across her face as she did. This was going to be fun.

[WC = 304]
[MFT]
[TOPIC LEFT]

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Though the lesson was complete he still listened to each word they said, taking note of thier tone and actions. Wondering to himself if this is how he will turn out once the training was complete, though such things were far in the future he couldn't help sparing a few seconds to that thought.

"watching these two I wondering if they were like us so long ago, or if we will become like them given time"

It occurred to him that they had also been introduced to thier new tutor, scratching his head not really knowing what to expect next though was that not always the case with the ANBU, surrounded by mystery and shadow never knowing what they might so next.

Finishing his train of thought he stood up, getting the relaxed feeling of finishing that lesson and taking in all he had seen and learnt from those here, taking care to remember the faces of the other boys who had stayed behind as well. These would be his comrades and those walking by his side through this long road through the ranks of the ANBU branch.

"suddenly I find my path changed on a course I no longer control"

Speaking as he left the room back into the halls of the academy leaving to eat before they were required to participate in another lesson.

[WC: 226]
[topic left]

Megumareta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Megu rolled his eyes as as he realised that neither of the nin were going to answer his question. This didn't put him off however and he still remained suspicious. Suddenly he realised that he was in the room all alone, as everyone had left before him. He stood leant against the desk for a further minute, contemplating the lesson. He'd enjoyed his first lesson more than he thought he would, and with promises of more he was eager to learn and to complete his studies. He stood and walked over to the board, clearing off the green shadow name scrawled upon it. His eyes were drawn to the chalk that was held upon a small shelf at the side. An idea spring into his head. Picking up the chalk he wrote in large, uneven letters about the board 'for a good time call Hiroshi'. Giggling to himself he brushed his hands on his jacket to be rid of the chalk dust. He walked out of the room to join Shiori in the restaurant to chip in on the afternoon shift.
[topic left]

Chigokai Wukong

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Wukong bows infont of the class, and unsteady starts to speak "U-u-u-m hi im new to the villiage, i live with my cousin Ziren so im a chigokai , but dont worry i can't use any chakra, is that what its called? Ohh also i was raised in the mountians by hairry people" He starts to walk to an empty seat, but stummbles catcging himself on his knuckles and then begins to sprint like a ape junping over the desks to his seat, looking around.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back