Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private Shopping trip (Sota/Keni)

Akamine Sota

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
For a solid minute or two, perhaps five, Sota stays on fours, emptying his lungs of water. In one ear, he hears Junko's pleas. Worried little "Sota-kun!"'s and "are you okay!!!"'s. In the other, hears Keniwa. Another day, another speech. Except, his time, his words aren't for Sota to hear......

Red bundles perk in the air. He shoots the two a look that reads empty, harbors plenty. Mitsuha disappears behind a blink, and the two are left to the company of one another + their respective contracts. If Keniwa lets the silence eat at them, Sota is the first to make a move. Hauls himself up, careful not to showcase the amount of effort the movement sucks out of him. Then, idles. Rests his hands within his large pockets, and —

pats, pats, pats. Fuck. "Uhhhhh. I ran out."

"Are you alright, mister?" Junko coos, floating down to the level of Sota's shoulder who, once more, reacts with discontent. But. Doesn't move away from her. "Should we... continue?"

wc 165

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Keniwa would sigh as he turned around watching Sota rid himself off all the water in his lungs, seeing that nothing had changed as the boy went straight to his pockets in an attempt to throw likely another kunai at the sennin. He was starting to feel bad for Junji at this point, she seemed very cautious and protective of the redhead no mattered what would been throw her way. At the very least he knew this was a sign that somewhere deep down Sota had good in him if he managed to befriend such a loyal hard working contract. He reached in to his own pockets and pulled out two kunai’s bringing them towards Sota as if urging him to take the two.

“Sota, I apologise for… that. Junko, I do believe you make a perfect fit for him, you are kind, gentle and caring. Those are all admirable traits for sure. So I ask, I am not sure if either of you have any idea really. But.. Sota, if I hand you these kunai, I am sure you will attempt to strike me down, I would like to know however before you stab through my skin and cause blood to leak and splurged out, why are you so quick to aggression?” Keniwa stood there now placing his arms out wide if Sota did in fact take the kunai’s allowing him to strike the Kyoujouran wherever he see fit, he could only hope that the boy or Junko would give him any sort of answer.

Akamine Sota

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
You know what's awkward? Seeing blades be handed to you. Sota gives them a long stare before cocking his brow at Keniwa. "You serious?"

On the contrary, in fact. He slips him an apology that Sota rules as nothing but a misunderstanding, and rolls out another one of his speeches. Half of it for Junko, the other half for the boy. Lucky him; he gets the question. But what's a question in the midst of a battle?

Sharp air is sucked through his teeth, and — perhaps for the first time — Sota turns to Junko. For help, for something. Aside from a tiny smile, she looks back to him with empty hands. Offers help only where help is needed.

So he scoffs. "Tch." And casts his gaze to the wind. "Aggression? I thought we were fighting." Faces away from the eyes that threaten to penetrate walls of marble. "Listen, I don't know what that freak got so riled up about, but we're doing a thing, aren't we? 'Supposed to keep me off my feet while I push back?" A convenient reminder pours stars into his eyes: "which — speaking of, I won, right??" Has Sota whipping his head back, facing Keniwa with a new grin. One that screams for them to fall back to initial business.

And, well... if he won then he didn't need to stab Keniwa anymore, did he?

wc 228

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Once it was clear that Sota would make no attempt to strike him, he sat down upon the surface of the water and crossed each of his legs, listening to what the boy had to say. However both Mitsuha and Keniwa had each realised when it stopped being a battle, yet the student clearly thought as if it was still carrying on. Keniwa smiles at Junko before looking up at Sota, slipping the kunai’s back in to his pocket, he would place his hand down next to him as if ushering him to come sit down beside the sennin. Whether he would or not was up to him however it was a sign of showing trust for Keniwa, Nom would speedily swim over and jump in to his owner’s lap moments before gazing at Junko and grinning wildly. “Jrunko! Youuuu argh mmmm, determinations!”

The Kyoujouran nodded in agreement before speaking his mind to Sota, “You did not win, not at all, if anything you lost right at the moment you used Junko for target practice. Even if she has the skill to handle your outbursts, it does not mean you have the right to attack your contract.” He would look down at his own palms before clenching each of his fists. “Sota I think I am beginning to understand you a bit more, you like winning that is one thing. However maybe winning is not the right way to say it… perhaps it is you like having affirmation. Affirmation that you are strong, that others can not hurt you. I only ask why?” For Sota it may seem like another lecture, however Keniwa was doing everything that he could at the current moment to make the boy feel… almost…. welcome, safe. All that kept flickering in his mind was the look that he gave him moments before he was dunked in the water. Perhaps others might have given up on him by now, written him off as a freak of nature destined to harm all around them. But with every action there was a purpose, he felt almost as if he needed to know more.

“Have you ever wondered? Why I taught you the Tsukumogami that day. It was because no matter if you pushed everyone else away, you would at least have someone. Something to keep you company. I worried for you, and… I still do.”

Akamine Sota

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Nom receives another of Junko's trademark smiles, zipped from corner to another because she doesn't appear to understand him. But she wants to make an effort, so she floats down to his level and offers her cutest giggle.

As for Sota, a frown weaves itself onto his face. Tells you what he feels about a seat next to the sennin. And yet, what's this? He moves. Hands in his pockets, chin facing the waters — he moves. Swaggers up to Keniwa and plops down next to him with his laziest pace yet. Only to snap! a glare towards the man when he's, suddenly, and very unfairly, informed of his loss. Not a win, but a — "loss? This counts as a loss? How????"

Keniwa explains how. "Tch." And the untold word of whatever scrawls over his expression which he points back in the opposite direction of Keniwa.

Speeches, speeches.

...that others can not hurt you...

"Don't know what you're on about."
Muttered under his breath is half the truth. On one hand, the boy doesn't have an answer; when children who trip and burst into tears are asked why, do they stop crying? Do they decipher their feelings? Do they know how to convert their anguish into words? Half of the truth says no; Sota doesn't know how. The other half, however, sits caged behind a locked gate. One of which he's lost the key to.

(He knows it isn't what Keniwa says, he just doesn't know what it is.)

Another confusing speech. "What?" Once again, Sota looks to the other with contorted brows. "Why would —... you don't even know me. Didn't. At the time, or whatever. Why would you.. worry....." His words lower and lower til they're but a whisper, til he averts his gaze again and whatever else added is lost to the wind.

wc 300

Last edited:
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
If junko would stand still enough Nom would attempt to lick her face as a sign of friendship and trust, it was clear that he was not going to try deal any harm to the tsukumogami as he stuck his tongue out to look almost derpy. "Jrunko...! Friends?" He would ask the other contract, sticking out a leg in her direction. Whilst Keniwa would only sit and think about what Sota would say, he didn't understand him fully, that was completely obvious and true, he only understood he was a kid. Smiling calmly at the boy as he looked away whilst trailing off his words, the kyoujouran stood up upon the water giving Sota a little nudge with his leg. "Whether you see it or not, you are have a heart in there. Junko is evidence enough of this. If you are up for it... I would like to try again. There is no incentive for you this time, it is up to you and Junko. But... as a team. Not two alone."

Keniwa would disperse Nom so that the shark could go back to his own matters, and wait patiently for the two to make their choice, standing in a defensive position as if ready for an attack at any moment he waited for him to make his choice.

Akamine Sota

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
When a tongue laps at her, Junko's eyes tighten shut and she explodes into a fit of giggles, her tanzaku and her arms flailing; her bell jingling. "Friends!!!!" Unlike before, the sound is closer to a tingle. Delicate on the ears, and yet unheard by Sota.

His focus trains on the water. On the little ripples that roll out from underneath Keniwa's weight. The challenge draws his attention, and for a wordless moment, Sota looks to the other from under his brows.

"Yeah," he eventually mutters, shifting his weight onto his legs. "Alright."

"Same idea, or...?" To everyone's surprise, not a blade nor a punch goes flying. Rather than with actions, the question is poised with words; verbalized. Hell, he even offers the other a window to respond. Or, well, do something — in case the plan remained.

wc 135

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
With his fists clenched Keniwa would happily nod towards his student, with a straight face the rules were clear and the lesson would carry on. "Same idea." The kyoujouran would disperse Nom even though he was mid conversation, much to the shark's own displeasure. "I'll be enough for the two of you, like this." Despite his calm composure he was quite compassionate, there was no way that he was not happy to see Sota being... well it was indescribable. He dived deep in to the water straight away before launching several geysers from underneath each sparking from his punches. Either way depending on whether Sota dodged the blows or not a calm clear mist would be left to linger around just above the surface of the water.

As if nature itself both with air and water surrounded Sota and his contract, there really wasn't a better place for what the Sennin was thinking. Taking a literal twist on his and nom's previous move he would use chakra to spin himself upwards in an agile yet reckless turn of events. Bursting up from next to Sota and his contract he would continue to soar in to the air as a torrent of water swirled round the two. Flipping round in the air when his head was facing towards the lake, he clasped each of his feet on the air with the use of a precise amount of chakra before shooting down with his fist clenched aiming directly towards Junko. If inspected closely it was clear to see that unlike how his skin usually appears, his skin was hardened and sharp as if rocks were sprouting from underneath.

Akamine Sota

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
I'll be enough for the two of you

"Cocky," Sota remarks. Junko's frame shakes with more, short-lived laughter. Short-lived truly is the word for tides quickly re-crash against on another, and — again — the river roars awake.

"Watch out!"

Keniwa explodes out from nervous waters; Sota curls in on himself, escaping in several rolls sideways. Then, his balance settles over another patch of the liquidy terrain, and he snaps up his attention. Only to, "wha..." widen pits of gold, nearly freeze in his renewed position. Anxious waters become panicked, dancing with anger; heeding the demands of nature. A dodge here, a dodge there; what's he to do when a full-blown tornado weaves itself over their heads?

Junko's tanzaku beats violently. In a moment of delay, she mirrors Sota. Not to this picture of a storm, but the unseen canvas behind it. As though struck with a premonition. "S-Sota-kun, I think — "

..as a team. Not two alone..

"Man, will you shut. Up — " A sliver of black flies towards her: a mask. In fact, Sota's respirator. Catches her rounded shape in it, and nearly evades the incoming missile made of iron. Doesn't; not fully. But being behind the gear spares Junko from direct contact with death promising knuckles. She's knocked around in the mask, nearly buried under the waters, but — manages to slip from underneath the shattered piece of equipment at the very last second, "(softly) aaaaaaaahhh!!!" and return to the safety of the skies.

Sota surrenders a groan. "You really want me to prove myself, huh."

But.. wait. The boy blinks his eyes wide. "Wait, wait... Keniwa," he tries. "Your skin. It's fuckin'... solid. You even a human?"

"Phew, Junko almost died, so perhaps not."

"Huh. Shit's actually pretty cool. Can I, just, real quick. Can I, uhh. Touch it......."

wc 295

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It appears as if his punch did not fully connect with Sota’s quick thinking he managed to get the brunt of blow with the use of his respirator, although to say it didn't cause any damage would be wrong, it had an effect, the shattered piece of equipment was enough to show that. Right before he would collide with the water he flipped round using the momentum to ski across the water zooming past the student before spinning round and crackling his knuckles as he speedily made his way towards him although... had the boy ever seen his bloodline before? Taken a back by his question he would respond almost somewhat offended, "What? Of course I am human! I am a Kyoujouran. Look."

He initially appeared as if he was defenceless changing his fighting stance to slowly walk up to Sota although as he brought his hardened hand up in front of his opponent as he was practically next to him before in a quick flash reinforcing his sharpened finger with orange chakra as to flick the boy right in the head, it was not a lot of force but another to knock him back a few tens of metres. It was a battle, and despite his curiosity he would not go too easy on him, although he felt the need to at least explain himself. "It is my bloodline. From birth we train hard, we are beaten, attacked, left to spit out blood as we hold our stomachs tight whilst weapons are launched at our backs. All this... for this.. well to you, inhuman ability. I prefer to use it for defence instead of damage, yet... that's not to say we cannot strike our opponents down when needed."

Keniwa rose his fist in to the air as decently sized pieces of rocks and earth would begin to pull themselves from the surrounding environment, magnetised towards the sennin as they spun around his hand an arms before each colliding and morphing in to a more construct shape, a large shadow raining over the Kyoujouran as he would gently smile at Sota and Junko. A large fist made of earth surrounded his arm, moments before with monstrous strength he forcefully slammed it down in front of him, directly in to the water, with immense force causing a monstrous wave of water to burst forward it caused even the most of agile of fishes to go flying out in to the sky.

Akamine Sota

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Sota would be lying if he said Keniwa's power wasn't batshit crazy. He could single out his speed, or the force of his punches, or the resilience of his body — on their own — and still end up with crazy. More than half the time, Sota's body is spent being tense, strained with the need to dodge, to look out, to be on his toes; eyes wide, darting to wherever Keniwa went.

Hell, a flick of his finger nearly sends the boy flying across the watery field. "Gah!! That hurt!!!!!!!!!!!" That, and his failed plan. Mostly the fact that his plan had failed.

A hand rubs at his forehead. "So you grow stronger from being bullied." Should just let Sota beat him up but, oh well. His loss.

"S-S-Sota-kun?? I think you should — " focus, is what Junko means to say when a large piece of a goddamn mountainside is construed before their eyes. Dug up from ground and rebuilt upon Keniwa's person, looming with more than enough threats to have the contract dashing behind the safety of her owner. As though raw strength isn't enough of a show off, Sota is met with enough chakra to power up a city. Or, well. Maybe not, but the point is he feels something akin to it. From Keniwa, from the waters, themselves, from —

SLAMMM

"WAAAH!"

Eruption of seas and terrain; a hammering heart doesn't quickly regain its calm. Sota had fully expected the boulder to come down on him, so when it's the river which tosses and turns, he's slow on his feet. Trying to still a beating heart. Ignores Junko's warnings and chooses to stand and stare up at the grandeur of nature's shifting forms. Doesn't so much as choose as he's forced to it by some sick, unmodified instinct. The mother of all feelings: fear.

And, in that ticking clock, nature begets a call. Risen seas come to him in soul before they do form — "what — " not to crash against him nor his balance, but to mold his chakra to their liking. And, remember that failed plan of his? At his palm, where he'd previously planned to produce a water technique, something bubbles. From it, an unfamiliar heat explodes forth, eats at the fingers that had been butchered some nights ago, lining over limbs, and dressing the body that hardens up, possessed by a pathetic moment of terror. The shift: a pattern of thick blue lines paint across his skin from head to toe, trailing where his chakra goes, heeding the call of the seas. Of the boulder, of the river, of the air that he — fuck — can sense over his skin, can feel carrying Junko's weight, can hear ringing in the form of an angry breeze.

1701127612095.png

It calms him. And a tsunami becomes nothing more than a wave. Bend it to your will and rule it harmless, rule it your own. Watch it crash against the small body of a boy and envelop him in its embrace only to come back around; pool on Keniwa, instead. In place of what was supposed to be a Water Prison is a reversed wall seeking to imprison Sota's mentor. Then, the single drop of blood is enough to entirely remodel the chemistry of the river's body. No longer water, but a reversing tsunami of blood quickly returning to slam over the Kyoujouran.

wc 561
[Sota used Water Prison + Red Tide & ... mixed them, ig? KIN APP btw]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back