Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Smarty Pants [Tutor]

Kenroujima

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was a day like most others, for Yaboi that usually meant chores and training. The boy did not make any plans in particular for the day, so there was no real rush to get things done. "So much time to nap! Woo!" the boy said in half jest. The list of chores for the day was surprisingly short for once, a surprise to the boy of nine. First up on the list was shopping for dinner, an easy enough chore to do. The boy went on his way from his home, taking a leisurely stroll through the markets as he collected everything on his given list of ingredients to collect. On his way back he took a short detour to check on one of his various napping spots, this one in particular was quite close to home. The boy had strung up a hammock between two trees which provided any needed shade from the sun. He was quite fortunate to not return to this spot and see the hammock taken down or worse. Truth be told, the boy was quite lucky with a majority of his napping spots. So far none had been desecrated by any person or animal. "I'll be back my friend! I have to bring this food home first." the boy had announced to his lifeless hammock strung up between the two stout trees.

Yaboi arrived back home and placed the groceries and shopping list upon the table and turned back on heel, closing the door behind him. "Shoot, forgot something.. Ugh." the boy grumbled, heading back inside and into his room to pick up a medium sized bag containing long strips of bamboo, specially ordered by his guardian! "Can't be forgetting this." the young boy said to himself, picking the pack up and hoisting it over his shoulders and onto his back. This time the boy left the house with a skip to his step and eventually arrived to his napping spot with the hammock in its proper spot. Yaboi hopped into the hammock and got comfortable, releasing a content sigh as he tapped the bag of bamboo strips on his lap. 'Guess I can get started.' the boy thought to himself, guarded by the foliage of the trees from the sun's rays hanging at the peak of the sky. Yaboi was quite relaxed, casually weaving the bamboo strips as time passes, slowly forming the start of a very nice bamboo hat.

WC: 407

[Post Count 1/5]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It had been a long time since Tatsuo had napped in any trees. When he was younger he did it all the time, for someone who was usually so active it was part of the rare downtime he got. However when he went to Cloud he nearly stopped the tradition completely, his whole time there he never once napped in a tree. Perhaps it was because it was too damn cold to sleep up that high, or maybe he just didn't want to look silly. But at home, in his own village he felt comfortable to restart an aged old tradition. Napping above a tree that someone had placed a hammock above Tatsuo dozed off and was quick to fall asleep. The thick leaves providing shade and a long branch making a good support. He always felt comfortable in trees, part of his abilities perhaps, but Tatsuo always just loved nature. He felt more at home, whatever that meant.

However there was another part of this tradition, one that Tatsuo wasn't too eager to recreate. He thought maybe he would be a bit less restless with age but he was sorely mistaken. Before he knew it he rolled to his side and was sent falling down the tree, straight on top of an unsuspecting Nara who probably just wanted to relax and make a bamboo hat.

WC: 226/1500

Kenroujima

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yaboi was caught off guard by the falling Tatsuo, not expecting someone to be napping in the tree over the nice hammock! The young shinobi dropped his in progress bamboo hat and gasped upon impact from Tatsuo, the hammock not taking the sudden weight addition too kindly. The hammock twirled rapidly and caught up the two in bundle before unraveling in a similar manner violently, comically dropping the two to the earth below. Yaboi held the back of his head as he curled up slightly "Ah.. Thats smarts.." he said, shaking in annoyance as he finally glared to the individual who had just ruined so much of a good time for the boy! "T-Tatsuo-senpai?! What are you doing here?" the boy questioned, surprised that it was Tatsuo that had been the one to disturb him by falling atop him. Yaboi rolled off to the side and slowly got to his feet, smacking his clothing to get rid of any dirt he had picked up along the way "Why are you sleeping in the tree? There was a hammock right there!" he announced, his brow furrowing in mild annoyance.

WC: 188
TWC: 595/1500

[Post Count 2/5]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo had a crazed look in his eyes, falling was something he'd never get used too despite how many times it'd had happened. It was even worse that he fell on someone today. Normally it just left him bruised and battered but now he had to worry about someone else. "You okay!?" it took him a few moments to realize it was actually Yaboi he had fell upon and shook his head before standing to his feet quickly and rubbing the back of his neck. "Sorry kid! Well the hammock wasn't mine and imagine if i'd have slept in it and it ended up being a powerful warlord's hammock, I could've instigated a war that would last for ages and kill millions." he said with a confident nod. "Wouldn't want to start a world war, now would I? At least with sleeping in a tree.." he said bringing up his elbow, which had a scrape on it. "I just got a scrape." he said with a grin, he looked over to the unfinished bamboo hat and furrowed his brows. "What were you working on?" he said as he brought his elbow down.

Tatsuo had obviously seen bamboo hats but he never knew how to make one.. well.. or could he? Tatsuo looked at it for a long time before creating a handseal, stretching out his hand thin bamboo wires extended from his skin bobbing and weaving together, unfortunately, while he had the material he didn't have the know how. He ended up making more of a knot than anything that could pass for a hat. Giving a slight frown he quickly hid it with a big smile. "Dam-- I mean dang, how do you make those anyways?" Considering this is probably around the time that Yaboi had a good time to look at Tatsuo, he would notice him wearing a large gray hoodie and a pair of black pants that went down past his ankles. A few bandages wrapped here and there, whether for style or use, who knew. All the cool ninjas were doing it at least. The only thing that would really give away his position as a ninja was the blue headband wrapped around his forehead, showing the whole world his allegiance to the village.

WC: 606/1500

Kenroujima

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I'm okay." Yaboi confirmed faintly, bringing his hands up behind his head and letting out a quiet yawn. "I don't think I'd start a war over someone sleeping in my hammock. Y'know, its there to sleep in for a reason." the young shinobi began, walking over to his hammock to see how good it held up "Looks like it isn't broken either, so that's good.". Yaboi looked over to the unfinished bamboo hat that would lay upon the earthy floor "I was weaving a bamboo hat." he answered simply picking up the unfinished bamboo hat and placing it atop the pack of bamboo strips next to the tree. Yaboi watched Tatsuo's attempt with curiosity 'So wood just comes out of him, huh?' the boy thought. Yaboi looked over Tatsuo briefly and shook his head "Its not too difficult, y'gotta make the strips go like.. Over and under y'know?" the boy tried to explain but decided to pick up his unfinished bamboo hat and a few strips of bamboo and show Tatsuo instead. He continued where he left off, slowly and patiently weaving the thin bamboo strips over and under eachother while trying to retain the shape of the hat and keep the strips tight against another to not leave too big a gap. "Your headband is cool, wish I had one. Y'know, I think me and my friend Ryo might be the only ones from our year in the academy that are still students! I don't think the adults from the branches take me too seriously." the boy admitted with a click of his tongue, fixing a minor mistake he made while weaving the bamboo. He brought the in progress bamboo hat up towards Tatsuo to give him a closer look, pointing out where he started earlier and how he continued his weaving pattern. "Since you have bamboo shooting out of you somehow, you can practice until you get it right!" he grinned, setting his unfinished bamboo hat back down atop his pack of bamboo strips.

WC: 336
TWC: 931/1500

[Post Count 3/5]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo paid attention to the boy carefully as he bobbed and weaved the strips of bamboo, trying to mimic it the best he could with his own wood ninjutsu. He listened as Yaboi explained his shortcomings when it came towards being a shinobi, furrowing his brows he asked "Really? I won't lie, from what i've seen you seem like one of the most talented students in the village..." He grinned offering the boy a compliment, "Ya' know I think it's because of the weak leadership of the main branch, well non-existent really. I don't even know who to speak to about becoming a Jonin so I didn't really care for a long while.. but if you guys are having a hard time becoming Genin at least maybe I need to look into that." Tatsuo said, Yaboi starting his Jonin ambition whether he knew it or not. It was getting about that time, it wasn't too long since Tatsuo became a Chuunin or anything, but his skills were more on par of a typical Jonin. After learning to teach, he became even more powerful. Something about putting his abilities into words really made him think about them more and resulted in a rapid growth for the shinobi.

However he did have a vested interest in the new generation, while Tatsuo had a teacher he felt like he hadn't learned that much from him. More from his training alongside his friends, Hira and Hoshi, but it was always important to have someone with a bit more experience point you in the right direction and Tatsuo always wanted to do that for new and upcoming shinobi, Yaboi included. "You know maybe if i'm a Jonin I can request you guys promotion to Genin. I think you guys are ready for it, i'll just have to take a quick exam myself. Hopefully it's not all that difficult." he said jokingly before weaving more of the bamboo hat. While it wasn't perfect it did make a pretty rough hat, one he could wear but instead he fired the hat off attempting to land it straight on Yaboi's head. "Here you keep that one." he said going to pat him on the now hat covered head.

WC: 976

Kenroujima

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Thanks Tatsuo-senpai." the boy smiled in turn, stretching his arms up towards the sky "I'unno, I don't pay much attention to village politics y'know? I just don't want to fall further behind everyone else from my classes. Its a real pain.." he grumbled crossing his arms over his chest with a quiet pout. Yaboi looked back to all the training he had done up until that point, truly he was dedicated to his path to becoming a proper shinobi. Even after all the naps he put in effort where he believed it mattered, mastering his strengths rather than wasting time on his weaknesses. To the young boy it made more sense to focus on what you were strong with that use that time towards training on what you were weak in, afterall its simply not possible for a shinobi to be the greatest at everything given how short their lives were. "Genin's a start.." the boy murmured in response before shaking his head and looking towards the sky "But I want to aim for Chuunin, y'know? If I'm as talented as you think I am and I become Genin it could mess up team cohesion if I'm as strong as a chuunin, right? Messed up teamwork could be horrible on more life threatening missions." Yaboi announced clearly, having been thinking about his position within the village for some time in comparison to the other students who had already found themselves a home and team within the other branches. "Good luck on your test Tatsuo-senpai, I think you'll ace it if you can master the art of bamboo weaving!" he grinned cheekily to Tatsuo for a brief moment before having the hat created by Tatsuo plopped upon his head. Yaboi was silent as his now hat covered head was patted, thinking to himself 'Maybe the village doesn't take me seriously because I'm so young.. But that's not fair, there has to be a way to prove myself somehow right..?'. Yaboi adjusted the crude hat, looking up to Tatsuo "I think this still needs work!" he said laughing quietly to himself.

WC: 349
TWC: 1280/1500

[Post Count 4/5]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo grinned looking at the hat he made, it would take some more work for sure. "Yeah you're right, kid. But I think my exam might be a bit harder than that, unfortunately. Let's just hope I don't die or anything." he said laughing at his own joke. "I'm sure it'll be fine and i'm sure you'll make a fine Genin someday. You're much stronger than I was when I was a Genin, I barely could shoot out a branch back then. Standards must've been lower." he said sticking a tongue out at him. Going to take a seat on one of the stones near the hammock he leaned back looking up to the sky. "Though it's great you're so motivated to become a shinobi, the only reason I wanted to become a Genin in the first place was to get out of going to class. I was actually on my trip to Kumogakure. I went with Umashi the former Hokage and Kaji-sensei. I basically just asked to be Genin so I didn't have to go to school and he well.. just made me one. No exam, no nothing. It was the easiest promotion i've ever gotten." he said bringing his hand up to point to a scar on his face. It was thick and scaled over, it wasn't massive but noticable when he tilted his head for Yaboi to see better. "I got this during my Chuunin exam, I got attacked by an acidic lizard. Should've seen what I did it to it though, definitely deserved to be Chuunin based on that." he said with a quick nod, smirking and laughing to himself about how the exam really went.

WC: 1256/1500
PC: 4/5

Kenroujima

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"We may never know!" he teased in response to Tatsuo "The former Hokage Umashi? I'unno who that is honestly, or at least I've never run into them in the village yet." the boy stated with a quick roll of his shoulders. "Uhh.. I wouldn't call it so much as motivation, I just want to try to make a difference like my parents. If you have strengths and talent you shouldn't be wasting it, right?" the boy admitted with a small sigh. When Tatsuo showed the battle scar he had gotten from his Chuunin exam Yaboi gasped "You must have a tough skull." the boy said in jest, a wide grin spread upon his face. "I got some scars from this older boy Kouza from the student tournament." Yaboi said though rather than simply showing the scar he imitated the movements of the sword being swung at him and pointed to his core "Right across me, real quick. Blood and everything!" he said almost excitedly "Oh, well I shouldn't be here much longer. Gotta get some things done today! Thanks for the pep talk Tatsuo-senpai, good luck in your exam!" he said with a smile and a bow, turning on heel and quickly dashing off after waving goodbye. The boy took off in the direction of his home after snatching his bag of bamboo strips and his in progress bamboo hat 'Best not forget this here, or I'll get an earful at home..'

WC: 242
TWC: 1522/1500

[Post Count 5/5]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Alright, Yaboi and no problem. Good luck with becoming Genin, i'm sure you'll make a great ninja!" he said waving him off as he looked around to the hammock then back to the tree. A few more hours napping wouldn't kill him, would it? A cheeky grin appeared on his face as he went over to one of the trees and climbed to the canopy. Finding a nice spot to sleep, he formed a few hand seals making a makeshift bed out of wood underneath him. At least this way he could roll around however he wanted and he would have no issue about falling. "Man this really reminds me of all the old days." he said looking to the sky and sort of talking to himself. "I really was an interesting kid back then." he took in the nostalgia and watched as the sun began to dip behind the villages walls. He wondered how his friends in Cloud were doing: Hoshi, Hira, Kaji-Sensei, even Yuii and Sayomi. They were all tough as nails, they were sure to be alright. Leaning back in the wood and closing his eyes he began to dose off comforted by the gentle breeze.

I should really go back sometime. he thought to himself as he loved it here in Konoha but he did still miss them occasionally. He spent way too much time in Kumogakure, it was almost like a second home. He wondered how the dojo was doing, he wondered if the other guys even remembered about the blazing spirit. Taking in a deep breath he rubbed his back and shook his head a few times. I'm sure they are, just like I am.

WC: 1543
PC: 5/5

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back