Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

So about that dinosaur... [Yuii]

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Heaving a sigh, Ayumu dropped his head back against the pillow on his hospital bed, staring up at the ceiling. He was exhausted, but bed was the last place he wanted to be right now. He needed to be up and running around, getting shit done. Yet he was stuck here, doctors orders. Well, he wouldn't comply for too much longer. It was mere hours after the gates had suffered an attack of the like they'd never seen before. A dinosaur, an actual fucking dinosaur, had appeared out of nowhere to launch a direct attack. There were so many questions. First of all, where did it come from? Why did it attack? What or who had cast a Genjutsu on so many people? Could they expect further attacks? The gates were on high alert naturally and Ayumu's one demand was that any new information would come to this room.

At the very least he'd heard from his family and knew they were safe. Susumu had come by earlier asking about the dinosaur and the battle. Kahako was... busy. Ayumu shifted in his bed slightly, wincing in pain as he moved just the wrong way. He was currently shirtless. He wasn't sure what had become of his shirt, but it was ruined anyway. His torso was bandaged up as were a few places on his arms, one of which was in a sling. Overall, he'd been lucky though it was hard to say that looking at him. Ayumu knew of at least one death, and the two kids from Leaf had nearly died as well.

He glanced across the room to his sword which he'd brought along. He'd lost the sheath in the battle and wasn't sure if he'd ever recover it. The blade was stained with dinosaur blood, which might have just been incidental. Ayumu didn't even remember ever actually piercing the thing's hide with it. Wait, did he have a concussion? No, the doctors probably would have noticed that when they tested him. Fortunately, the medication and healing had done wonders for taking the edge off the worst of his injuries. He was at least at 50% by now which was why he protested being stuck in bed so much.

Next he glanced out the window, watching the black rain drops slide down the glass. It was bizarre and concerning, had caused a panic at first naturally. Yet no tests revealed it to be anything dangerous. That didn't make anybody any less curious what the deal was with it. The rain wasn't as heavy here as it was at the gates. By the time he'd gotten here on the back of the winged creature who'd offered him a ride, Ayumu was soaked. The hospital had insisted, before they'd determined that it was harmless, on scrubbing him down in case it wasn't. Harmless or not, he wished the rain would stop. He was uneasy enough as it was without that ominous rain.

Just as Ayumu had run out of things to look at, a knock came at the door. He was more than ready to welcome some kind of distraction, though he hoped it wasn't bad news. "Come in," Ayumu called out, prompting the visitor to enter the room.

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kagetsu Yuii took a deep breath and smoothed her hands over the front of her sweater nervously for the tenth time that hour. Anxiously she eyed the length of the hallway, packed with patients with minor injuries that did not warrant full hospital rooms and doctors tending to them. Every inch of Kumogakure's hospital had been filled with those hurt in the battle against the so-called dinosaur that had attacked the gates of Kumogakure. Not that Yuii had seen it or a hint of the battle that had raged at their gates. She had been here, in the quiet of the hospital, witness to a miracle.

In some small way, it had been a great stroke of luck that Yuii had been, forgivably, unavailable when the attack had happened. She was the only one prepared to take over the village while Ayumu rested from his own injuries gained in valiant defence of their home. That and her perfectly valid excuse didn't make missing one of the grandest battles of their decade an easy pill to swallow, but there was a solace to be found. That was partially why it had been hours before she'd made the trip to his room, well after his family had come and gone- emergency protocols. Then there was her child...ren.

Oh Raiden, that was still strange to think of.

"You're sure he's awake?" she asked the ANBU guard who leaned casually next to Ayumu's hospital room door, " You know he needs his rest. If I'm bothering him..." She swore she could feel them roll their eyes in response, and the way their masked face bobbed felt genuinely sarcastic, but that was probably because Yuii had asked three times already while hovering like a nervous bride on her wedding day. She chewed her lip, stared at the door, then began to inch backwards as second thoughts plagued her again. Would he be angry? Would he hate her? Did they really need to talk about this at all? Couldn't she just... lie?

With a snort, she was sure she heard it that time, the Anbu reached out and rapped twice against the door. Yuii yelped, then stiffened as Ayumu's voice carried from the room beyond. Caught, stuck, she had to go in now. "Well, that was rude!" she huffed, thankful.

"Well, You look like shit," was the only think Yuii could say as she walked in, faced with a bandaged and half-healed Ayumu stuck rightfully in his bed. If she was to be honest? He looked much better than she had expected. The tales of the ferocious beat and Ayumu's courage has already circulated the hospital, but no one had agreed on a prognosis. He had, it seemed, been carried away before anyone on the battlefield could be sure he was alive. Yuii had been given mixed reports, somewhere Ayumu was carried away in bits and others where he flew off in sunglasses playing a sweet rift on an electric guitar and everything in between

With a grin that was just a little evil, Yuii strode across the room and sat on the edge of his bed uninvited, learned over and prodded at his wounded chest."I heard it was a dinosaur. Like a real, living, breathing dinosaur and I couldn't believe it. An army, maybe, or, well, anything other than a Dinosaur. You looked 'it was an actual dinosaur' fucked up though. Man, that must have been amazing..." She laughed nervously, but it was an actual laugh, not the empty robotic sounds that had replaced any expression of joy she'd made in years. She was the happiest she'd been since Umeko had been poisoned, and her daughter was supposed to be dying.

"Did you find what was controlling it? Why it was here? There has been nothing in the initial reports that have been flooding in, just that the big dude showed up like... angry and stuff." She laughed again, nervous. So, so nervous.

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A small wave of relief rushed over Ayumu at the sight of Yuii- one less person to worry that he hadn't seen since the attack. Certainly he'd been told that she was fine and was busy tending to the village's needs but seeing her alive and in person was different. Of course the first thing she'd say to him was that he looked like a hot mess. He blinked quietly and then looked down at his bandaged torso, unable to find any words of protest or disagreement. She wasn't wrong.

"I can't even be offended, that's just... accurate,"<i></i> he reluctantly agreed, letting himself lean back against the bed which was currently adjusted to serve as a recliner of sorts- he refused to simply lay down or try to sleep. Spotting Yuii incoming, Ayumu quickly moved his hand out of the way lest it be sat upon in her haste. He winced slightly as she prodded at his bandages, fortunately missing the areas that were especially tender. Apparently she was operating mostly off of rumors at the moment if she was questioning whether or not it was actually a dinosaur they had fought at the gates. Understandably, some would question whether that was actually true, especially mixed with the reports of those under Genjutsu that saw dragons attacking. It would be hard to verify what was real if you weren't actually there yourself.

"Yeah, to set the records straight, it was an actual dinosaur and I am appropriately fucked up to show for it,"<i></i> Ayumu replied, confirming what Yuii had heard. He couldn't help but notice she sounded oddly chipper about the whole thing. Not knowing why, that seemed a little screwed up from his perspective. Not that he was judging her or anything, but it was peculiar. "Unfortunately, I'm counted among the lucky ones... there were some that didn't make it..."<i></i> Ayumu added somberly with a sigh. He couldn't erase what he saw happened to that Akimichi kid from his mind. That was probably one of those things that would never go away, fortunately his brain had a nice place already established for him to file it away with the rest.

Yuii went on, asking a pertinent question, a couple in fact. What or who, if anything, had been controlling the beast and why had it come at all? Both were things Ayumu very much wanted to know the answer to. Yet he knew nothing. All he knew was that, as Yuii put it, it had shown up "angry and stuff" and put the shinobi of Kumogakure through the wringer. Another nervous laugh from Yuii. She was definitely acting strange. Stranger than usual, that is.

"I was actually hoping maybe you had heard something on that front, but I suppose we've still got nothing. I've put out a standing order that any new information come my way, but I haven't heard a thing yet,"<i></i> Ayumu lamented. At the moment, admittedly, he was more interested in what was going on with Yuii. A small panic set in as he realized he hadn't heard anything specifically about Kaji or Umeko just yet. Had something happened to them?

"Yuii, is everything okay? You seem kind of... off,"<i></i> Ayumu asked cautiously, hoping that she would quickly put his concerns to rest. He just couldn't help the feeling that there was something she was holding back.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back