Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

So it begins...

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was only two days after the failed mission which he’d been involved with. A mednin, slightly younger than he himself was, by the name of Tame had lived through the mission because he’d been with Kushin. Yet Kushin was left sitting there in his office, a red light flashing on his desk informing him that someone was accessing restricted medical files. The number giving off the flashing red light told him who it was that was accessing them. Tame.

He had options of course, and he wasn’t exactly sure what it was that Tame was researching. For all he knew it could have been something which he was simply interested in. An idea or facet of the medical branch which had previously been unknown to the boy and now his curiosity had gotten the better of him. Kushin doubted this however, all things considered. Yet assumption was the mother of all fuck ups, and as such she’d birthed many a shinobi that he knew. Yet he was only aware of them, and he certainly wasn’t related through that avenue.

Therefore he knew he needed more information, but which options would he take there. He could send his personal squad in, the Harvesters, and deal with it violently. Again, that would mean he was assuming something which may not exist. It would serve as a warning for others, but at the same time it would raise suspicion and though he’d be able to pin the murder on one of the Harvesters there would always be that lingering doubt in people’s minds. No, this wasn’t the time to act irrationally. He needed to get in a couple of medical shinobi who he didn’t have any direct affiliation with other than that he was their boss. They would do the job well, as well as any shinobi, of that he was certain. They would find out for him exactly what was going on. At least he hoped they would.
Perhaps the whole situation could be settled peacefully, and with no bloodshed. Hopefully Tame wasn’t doing what Kushin suspected he was doing and was simply breaking hospital policy and village law and was simply finding out patient information. That would make life much easier.
So now who would he request.

There were many possible avenues to take with who to send on this mission. He could send someone like Karubin or Hinote or both. Having both of them on the task would mean that any results would be taken most seriously and be believed by any and all. Yet what if the results are something that would be best kept silent, such as if he were accessing patient records, the medical branch wouldn’t look so good if they had a shinobi amongst them accessing personal materials on other shinobi. Questions would be raised and issues created. No he needed a pair of shinobi who would be treated respectfully, but who would follow orders. The medical branch required it.

Reading over several profiles he found first one, then another. They would do fine, yet he would need to speak with them before sending them out. He needed to make sure that they were clear in their orders, that they understood what he wanted, and would carry out only what he was to request. Kizoku Usui and Shinrya Kitsune. Kitsune was an orphen and trained under Kimiko, rumours and her work ethic showed she had goals to attain within the branch. She would be keen to impress. Usui was the third son of Takao the mad, that the third son would become a mednin amused Kushin, the Takao Institute might tarnish the mans reputation. Yet it had also been recorded that Takao had attempted to murder the shinobi. Yet Usui was much older than himself, and with the abilities he's gained and his reputation he would do well as another member.

This would go well. A shinobi who had enough authority in the medical branch to be taken seriously and another who strived to attain greatness. He couldn't have picked a better combination.

Kizoku Usui

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tap..Tap..Tap..Tap

The sound of Usui's footsteps echoed through the halls of the back part of the hospital, resonating and bouncing of each wall, creating the perfect map for the blind medical ninja. His black medical robes lingered just above the sole of Usui's black shoes, swaying back and forth as the man took each step; just like his father back in the day. It had been a long time since he was called to the office of the Sennin, the feeling unlike any other. Usui was extremely close to gaining that title years back when he was only twenty three years of age. The job though was given to Karubin, someone who Usui revered. He was nicknamed the moving hospital, and during the Demon Invasion, Karubin had done that itself. He was a legend among the medical corp, a respectable man who deserved just that, praise. Reading the name plates, Usui kept on walking, his footstep echoing through the hall. He kept on thinking about the Sennin, to see if he ever met the man. Maybe just small snap shots of him, but nothing else. This would be unacceptable for any new Medical ninja, but then again Usui had only been back for about a year. The thirty five year old medical ninja did not look the part, his face being wrinkle free with chiseled cheeks, his hair being snow white with a slight shine of silver at about his shoulder length. No visible scars on his face or arms. He cut to the left, his footsteps growing more quiet, his robes kept on swaying. The third son of the Fourth had now idea who he was paired up with, nor did he have a major idea on what the mission was truly about. Mostly missions like these are kept under the radar, trying to keep it low form the crowed and the reporters. Nobody wants to read how there is a renegade medical ninja going around stealing copies of documents that are supposed to be private. He stopped at the door, and knocked politely. He knew he was going to be asked to come in, and after the invitation he entered the room.

"Good afternoon Kushin-san. I am Kizoku Usui reporting for the briefing of the mission."

Usui bowed, showing respect to the man who was now in charge. He wore a black vest underneath his robes, white pants, a white button down shirt with a black tie. Completely professional, if you disregard the long hair and the fact that his eyes were covered by a black cloth that tied behind his head.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune had been sitting in her office, writing a long boring report on the past week’s surgeries, and training herself in keeping her Mangekyou Sharingan active for extended periods of time, when her presence was requested at the sennin’s office. This, being a first, excited and scared her at the same time. She looked the paper with the summons over a few times and took a few deep breaths to calm herself down a bit before she stood up from her chair, shed her normal clothes, and slipped into something more official. The new outfit consisting of a black skirt, a black button up shirt, a white vest with a baroque pattern, and finally her lab coat, which had been thrown over her shoulders to keep them, covered.

*Oh boy. Either it’s a promotion, or it’s a mission. I’m not even sure which to hope for.* she mused in the confines of her mind. *I hope it’s a pro-- Oh. It’s a mission. Interesting.* she concluded after reading the back of the summons, which stated that it was indeed a mission.
She rushed out the door, her long red hair waving around after her as she walked through the hallways from where she had been sitting, to the sennin’s office.

Upon reaching the office door, she knocked, waited for someone to ask her to enter, and upon hearing the words, she entered. ”Reporting for duty, as requested, Kushin-san.” she said, matter-of-factly once she was inside the office, giving a bow to the sennin considering that he was essentially her boss, and as such should be respected. Her eyes glimmered in the light. They were still in their Eternal Mangekyou state, and she had yet to feel any exhaustion of any kind.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Thank you both for coming. he said as both medical shinobi arrived at similar times. There was little time for individual greetings so Kushin would simply get on with business.

As you are likely both aware I have requested you both for a mission. A young medical shinobi has been accessing information that he is not cleared for. As much as I would like to simply sort this out I would prefer to know if there was more to the research than simple preference or if there is some form of... he waved a hand, unsure of what quite to say ... malintent. Yes. That word will do. he said as he decided. A medical shinobi known as Yatsu Tame has been accessing information he should be, and I'd like to find out why this is. Possible reasons might be found from his most recent mission where he, with myself, went out to recover shinobi from the norther tower amongst the mountains. There we failed our mission and many shinobi died to try to retain the location. Luckily the medical shinobi survived as well as one other. Go about this however you see fit, I will leave this in your capable hands. Introduce yourselves to each other and get on with business. I trust you both to do a thorough investigation. He looked at them both silently, as though to hammer in the meaning of what he was saying before dismissing them both from his office.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
[Seeing as Usui hasn’t replied in two days, I’ll go ahead and reply now.]

Kitsune listened to Isaki silently, nodding as he spoke, quickly forming an opinion about the whole thing. An opinion she wouldn’t share though, it was formed solely on what Isaki had said, and as such only on one side of the story. To make it fair, she’d have to know Tame’s side too. And to know that, he’d need to be alive.
”Well, if we’re going to find out what he’s up to, we’d better make sure he stays alive, and safe.” she said and nodded. ”Well.” she started and turned to Usui, sticking her hand out and saying ”Name’s Kitsune. Nice to meet ya. Now let’s go catch ourselves a mednin, neh?”
*Wait… A blind mednin? Huh… Well, this’ll be interesting.* she thought, but didn’t display any outwards emotion or anything of the sort to reveal it *Or… I think he’s blind. Why else would he be wearing a blindfold?*. She blinked a few times, and then decided before they went anywhere to catch anyone; she’d have to get into her regular clothes. This outfit definitely wasn’t made for anything ninja-related. At all.

Kizoku Usui

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[Terribly sorry for my absence. Work has been overwhelming lately]

His partner arrived in similar fashion as Usui, not being more than a minute later than Usui himself. She reminded him of his younger self, eager to climb the ladder of the medical corp, a very hard road filled with traps and massive amount of fruitless studying. Then again, she was a Uchiha and usui knew Uchihas were the type of people who learn things extremely fast. After being told what the mission consisted of, Usui had made up possible explanations for Tame's behavior. He used to be head of the psychological department back in his day, and such cases did appear with traumatized victims. Kitsune had pointed out the obvious, catching the Med nin could be a bit tricky. They could use force, torture the mid nin's mind wth genjutsu, and tricking her into telling them what exactly she was trying to look for. Or a more passive approach would be for the med nin himself tell the duo what exactly was going on. They did have enough evidence of her wrong doing, and honestly usui was a bit mad that it had taken Isaki this long to assemble a team to dig up what was going on. Maybe he was giving Tame the benefit of the doubt, but then again such documents are in the secret archives for a reason.

"'A pleasure to be working with you Kitsune. I am Kizoku Usui." He shook her hand perfectly; not too rough, nor to delicate. Usui smiled at her politely, and agreed with her. But before he did any movements to leave he wanted to request some information from Isaki himself. Turning to t he man, it seemed like he would be focusing his eyes at his. "Isaki, I was wondering if we could have copies of the mission that you and Tame went on. Their could be clues in the mission report that could aid us following what tame is after." He was ready to go, with or without the copies of the report.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nodding Isaki agree'd silently with what Kitsune said about keeping the man alive. Kushin didn't like the idea of simply offing a mednin, not one who could serve to be a promising addition to the medical branch as it changes and developes. Usui asked if they could have access to the mission reports and Kushin pulled over a piece of paper writing down something before blowing on it and then passing it to Usui Take this to the Raikage Tower and they'll give you the mission record you've asked for. He looked at them both before standing and moving around to open the door Good luck, I hope that it is all just a misunderstanding.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The first impression Kitsune got from the blind med-nin was that he knew what he was doing, and that apparently he had some form of vision that might just be a very bad sight, or perhaps even something akin to echolocation. Perhaps he was one of the blind ninja she’d been reading about in the library. Who knew? She shrugged it off and turned her attention back to the task at hand.

Kitsune nodded ”Well, Usui-san, if you go get the mission logs; I’ll go change into something a bit more practical. If we’re going to be keeping an eye on Tame, I’ll need better clothes than these.” she said and smoothed her coat out a bit ”Besides, I think it’d be a good idea to bring a few vials of various tinctures and substances with me. You never know when you’ll need a droplet of acid or some other volatile chemical.” she finished and grinned, her eyes glimting a bit in the light.

After hearing what her partner had to say, she strolled out the door, to return to her office, where her gear and clothes were waiting for her. She’d be back in her usual clothing, thigh-high boots with high heels, a short skirt, and a top that would accentuate her feminine features. Something she perhaps could use to distract the target. After all, she wasn’t above using a bit of charm to get what she wanted.

Kizoku Usui

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Med nin smiled politely back at Isaki, got the paper and started to walk towards the door. "Agreed"<i></i>he said nonchalantly, flashing her a sly smile. They both had the same objective, but sadly they might have different plans. The Uchiha seemed to be one very sly and crafty ninja. Hopefully they would be able to conjure up a decent, non threatening plan to catch this Genin.

It shouldn't take me a while, so be ready in about an hour Kitsune-san. I suppose we shall meet at the Dawnbringer's Plaza. It should be a good place to either go over the plans, or maybe find our potential target."<i></i> And with that Usui turned and left straight to the Raikage's tower. Hopefully it was all just an misunderstanding like Isaki thought. Maybe it was all just done with good intentions. But then again who knew other than Tame?

Chemicals and acids...Who knows..maybe we shall need it...Just maybe... Usui's chuckle could be heard echoing through the halls as he left the place. A mad man indeed...

[Topic left, cont'd once I get the mission logs]

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
They left his office and he watched the door close after them. It was done, he had other work to do, he hoped that they would sort everything out quickly and without issue. Though he couldn't simply let things go and hope that chance would work. What if Tame had help and was working with other shinobi? If he realises he's being followed they might attack Usui and Kitsune. He'd have one of his Harvesters follow them just to make sure they were safe.

[topic left - linked Usui to the mission report/event thread. PM me with link to the next topic so I can mod it]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back