Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

So this is where we're meeting now? [Pvt]

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sometimes Tamashii got up in the morning... knowing what the schedules had listed... Then again, Tamashii would think to himself as he lifted himself from his empty home. This was certainly a meeting that would be more filler than anything, but as leaders of the grand estate of Leaf , they needed to manage the village and not worry about ow much money they were garnering in their bank accounts. Though, he didnt have to worry about that with Umashi, he was one of the most selfless people he knew... Giving his all and asking nothing but loyalty and respect in return. ~//~"Yomi-sama... Lord Hokage-Sama. Where are you both? Did you forget about the meeting?~//~", There Tamashii was... looking at the clock on the far wall, It read 12:35 in the morning. The Meeting was supposed to happen at noon... but Tamashii should have thought about Yomi's Drunken state...

"Ugh... Too much drink and booze last night... At least I got a nice dance...", nodding to himself he would sit infront of a stack of papers and books before shaking his head and bringing his cup of Coffee to his lips. There wasnt anything Tamashii hated more than tardiness. He was always on time to the best of his abilities. Though it would seem that he would not get that same respect. Not this time... not this light. Oh well, everyone wasnt a moniker of perfection like Tamashii aimed to be. Though, maybe thats what held him from living the utmost happy life.

Who knew... Who knew but for now he would sit and wait.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Umashi was forty-five minutes late. Not that he was running late, but because he purposefully wanted to make Tamashii wait because he had absolutely no excuse for calling this meeting on today of all days. Feeling especially petty, Umashi had taken his dear sweet time leaving Yomi's place and meticulously making sure that his medical whites were exceptionally lint free. Things that took a lot of time, but for one who could manipulate the shadows . . . a non-issue when it came to being on time for meetings. Finally making his way to the library, Umashi paused before walking in as he licked his lips and swore that he could still taste Yomi. He knew that it was more a mental leaning than a physical truth but the thought of her was enough to give him pause and due reflection.

Shaking his head, he straightened his pristine robe a bit before walking in to the library. Nodding to the librarian on duty, Umashi gave a wave to a far off colleague from the hospital as he clutched the folder of maps and paperwork necessary for the meeting. If Tamashii was going to be this level of petty, then Umashi was content to bury him with paperwork and other undesirable things in order to get him to back off. Despite feeling in a good mood overall, like a cranky child who'd been made to get up early for school, Umashi wasn't trying to do too much of anything except get back to the woman that he loved and to finish finding out all the many different ways that he could love her. Eventually finding Tamashii sitting in one of the private rooms, Umashi knocked once before walking in and nonchalantly sitting down. Purposefully looking around for hot tea, he found none and instead was content to sigh as he finally greeted Tamashii.
"Sup!"

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC: Topic Continued from Here: https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=753&t=53615
hwQpP2R.png

Yomi was the last to arrive to this debateably important meeting. Instead of waiting until later, Asuka and Yomi hashed it out over last nights incident. What Asuka feared was that everything was going to end terribly should she reveal who she was and Umashi didn't like it. Yomi agreed with Asuka but assured her that whatever happened, good or bad, they would get through it together. After all, they've been through way worse than a "Yomi' breaking up with a boyfriend". The wife was Yomi's hetero life mate, and her ride or die so there was nothing that they could not get through, plus they literally had forever to try.

Once that was talked over, Yomi made her way to the library. When she walked in she looked at Tamashii and then to Umashi lingering on either of the men too long.

"I'm sorry I'm late. It won't happen again." She would not provide an excuse because whatever she would think up would just do the night before a great injustice. An affront to God herself, to her. Truthfully, she only hoped it would not happen again but the way last night was set up, she'd prefer not to have any meetings until after 5 pm for the foreseeable future. She sat down and waited for....whatever this meeting was about...to begin.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Shaking his head he would look to Umashi as he entered... Causing Tamashii to stand to his feet. As much as Tamashii was annoyed... he was never to be disrespectful. Nodding again he would look to the man, "Good Afternoon Lord Hokage." bowing his head, then almost like clockwork Yomi would enter seconds after. This was going to be quick and simple... or so Tamashii thought. So with a swift nod to Yomi, "Its no big deal... I do realize this is a day after your birthday, and I do apologize for calling this meeting on such short notice...", though he wasnt sorry.... not completely at least. Tightening his tie he would sit down looking to the woman that he'd danced most of the night with. It was nice... but he wouldnt hold unto those thoughts. This was not the time to be under her trance again, almost as if his eyes hazed for a moment before he snapped to the papers infront of him.

"Ahem... Right. So the reasoning for this meeting... Are to begin scheduling the rebuilding of the Mansion. Academy. And everything else that was damaged...", Turning to Umashi as this was the cause for him specifically, "And I need you to sign off on construction projects for your personal offices... As well as Yomi's office om the building for general communications. Second on the notes to discuss... The Missing, There is filed that you've sent a group to bring them back? I would like to inform that Baba was not alone... My younger Sibling was with him.", pulling out a note that was left for him on his desk with the symbol of Jashinism on it. "If My Sister is with Baba... I would like her to be brought back alive as well tat I may deal with her myself...", he'd slide the note to Umashi and then look to Yomi.

"I believe, there is cause for me to turn my attention to you as well.. I've been dealing with Baba since he's been friends with Akumi... so if you need any intel on him to send out to the troup... I can help with that... But lastly... I would like to... Offer a hand of help to you both?", coughing a bit he would turn to looking between them both. Playing Ping Pong with his eyes. "I am done with my mourning... A Shinobi must not dwell on loss too much... So I want to offer you both a few days of not dealing with my impromptu meetings and paper work... I'll take up all of your workings... and I will micromanage for a week, whenever you choose to take it. So You both can... Do as you do.". Nodding he would smile... he was at least happy to 'think' they might have actually something going on behind closed doors... Who knows they might have been doing more than Tamashii even knew about.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
For the barest of moments, practically a split second, Umashi's temper flared up at the audacity of Tamashii. If it wasn't his sister being wrapped up with Baba or the fact that suddenly the guy was trying to poke and pry into his private life . . . it was clear that Tamashii was being especially slick. That or perhaps Umashi was just still a tad bit emotional after the mind rocking night that he'd had. Fortunately for all of them, Umashi recognized that he was in a library and instead of letting his temper get the best of him, he instead clasped his hands together and closed his eyes. Tapping his fingers against each other, he audibly breathed in and out before finally opening his eye's slowly. "Good afternoon Lady Yomi. I imagine that you slept well last night after all of the festivities, eh?" Umashi was keen on keeping up appearances until it was exactly peoples business to know that he and Yomi were an item. Looking to Tamashii, Umashi stopped tapping his fingers and opened the file before him as he pulled out a few architectural drawings and building permits that he'd already signed on.

"As you'll see, the new Garden Complex, the name of which is because of Lady Yomi's intuitive mind, houses the Hokage Mansion, the Academy, Library as well as new training grounds for the students amid other high tech centers. It's state of the art, clears all legal hurdles concerning environmentally safe building and it has direct access to the underground railway that Konoha Corp. built nearly fifteen years ago. Which . . ." Umashi paused as he grabbed another file that detailed the underground railing system. "Previously this railway system was thought incomplete but apparently it was simply a part of a thought abandoned tunnel near the ANBU HQ. Don't ask me how we missed it, but it's partially under the Forest of Death, which in order to link the new Garden Complex to the rest of the sites that it was supposed to service before the project was shut down, would require that we artificially extend the Forest of Death by ten more miles into the general village areas. That way, the new Garden Complex will have full access and be fully accessible to all."

In fact, as Tamashii and Yomi would see, the underground railway system would help in the eventual linking of the intercontinental railway system between Kumo and Konoha. Along with the documents that Umashi had passed over was a list of all the approve construction and demolition forces that would be needed. In order to expedite the building process of many a large project, Konoha had long ago started employing Kyoubaku and Akimichi to quickly and safely assemble many a building project. Naturally, all of this would be fine and dandy, but ultimately Umashi was clearly stalling as he took the time to carefully sign each of the appropriate documents before handing the duplicate files to Tamashii to deliver. In fact, the entire situation about his sister and the like was one that had failed his notice, no doubt because once again Takeshi had failed to be on guard as to the real threats of the world. When in doubt, Umashi typically always ended up having to doubt the Uchiha for missing the obvious. Some sharingan he had . . . "About your sister . . . you cannot be allowed to be involved in the process. In fact, I wasn't even aware that she was missing or your sister. Thank Takeshi for the fact that she's probably alive now. Alas, his faults aside . . . I can update her file and render her simply on a mission. Only because I trust that she and Baba simply got caught up in some teenage love affair sort of thing. Fortunately Baba is wanted alive . . . fortunately . . ."

Knowing that a rant was coming on, Umashi didn't linger on Baba any longer than he had to but hopefully the matter concerning Tamashii's sister was clear. Tamashii could not and should not get involved publicly and if he was wise then he'd be smart to figure out the loopholes in Umashi's words. Holding up a finger just in case Tamashii wan'ted to plead his case any further, Umashi did at least respectfully acknowledge the fact that Tamashii had opted to give the Hokage a vacation of sorts. For a fact Umashi did want the vacation but what he definitely couldn't afford mentally or emotionally was to take a vacation without Yomi. Needing to keep the game afoot, Umashi held back a sly grin as his anger fully subsided to something akin to an older brother recognizing the eagerness of a younger brother. "I think that I do need to take a vacation though . . . I've been meaning to actually do some house hunting. It's a shame that it took the Hokage Mansion blowing up for me to realize that I'd been quite literally living out of my office for the past few years. A very bad habit to have . . ." Giving Tamashii an out, without exactly acknowledging what he assumed that the man was implying, Umashi leaned back in his chair and folded his arms. The only question left to be asked was if they were done or if they were finished.

OOC: New Garden Complex image below.
latest

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yomi's headache became exacerbated at Tamashii's mere insinuation. She would concede that he was not in position by happenstance, but, what he was not going to do was make this a thing. Especially before they were ready to publicly acknowledge it as said thing. Before she said what she had intended, Umashi spoke to her directly, in part to probably deflect and in part to ensure it seemed that everything was business as usual.

"I think I partied a little too hard, but overall, it was a night to remember. Even Tamashii here kept me company on the dance floor. You'd be shocked at how great a dancer Tamashii is." Her tone was even as she looked to Tamashii letting her gaze linger on him a little longer than needed before looking to the Hokage. "To be honest, I didn't sleep all that much, I was too excited. As shinobi we are most fortunate to live long lives." Yomi sat back in her chair and folded her hands on her lap wondering if Tamashii was going to drop it or not. She half expected for him to be petty about the whole ordeal, but, either way, she would not let him drive the narrative the way he saw fit just to get a rise out of them. Ever the consummate professional, she would not snap at him so long as he did not push too much.

Yomi looked at the papers that Umashi had passed around listening to him mention the expansion of the Forest of Death in order for everyone to have appropriate access. She was confused and needed clarification.

"I'm sorry, what? You would like to artificially extend the Forest of Death or the railway underneath the Forest? If its the former, I would advise against that seeing as the Forest itself would not like that. As it was reported to me previously, the Forest will kick you out and try to kill you should you...disturb it." Perhaps the headache was making understanding hard, but, just in case she would require an answer before she would move on.

"While it is thoughtful that you would suggest I need a vacation, unfortunately, it is not the right time. I have several things that I need to see too to make sure the Hospital stays afloat. I appreciate the offer, however." An honest answer, even if he kept on hinting at things.

Yomi eyed the paper in which Tamashii passed to the Hokage. The symbolism was all too familiar and her otherwise unflinching face slowly churned into a disgusted visage.

"Tamashii, forgive me if I offend, but, by chance do you or your sister, or family for that matter, follow the teachings of the false god Jashin?" It was a sincere request that he not take offense, but something about this whole meeting seemed offensive and intrusive and since he started this whole thing, she saw no harm in asking. "I noticed the symbol on the note there. While it is true that it is harmless imagery to the uninitiated or those out of the know, it is not something one would usually come across outside of the faith." Yomi's stomach began to knot up as she waited for the response. If he said yes, he would be an affront to her entire existence and as good as everything just became, it would be a shame to ruin it with the wrong answer.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Looking over the directive that Umashii had, it would seem like there was alot going on that they didnt want to be spoken. However, werent they adults? He didnt think they would go hiding things from him when they were so blunt about it. Oh well, Even if they seemed to be in the beginning of it all so Tama wouldnt pry. However, he would bring it up later... Looking over the design Umashi had a bit closer Tama would chime out after Yomi spoke about the Railway. "Right, and you expect to have this done in the next... What, Year or so?" looking to Yomi and back to Umashi before leaning back into his spot, "Also... the Railway to complete it and test it... Thats going to take alot of funding... Where is the extra funding coming from? I know we have a few sponsors in the outlying companies, but with our current Market, this project will take how much? Do you have estimates?", tilting his head a bit... he'd shake that thought...

"Umashi-sama, I respect you stating not to get involved... but I have to ensure her safety, If it was your family I would think you'd want the same. If she is harmed in a manner that takes her life... I just apologize for what I must do in advance...", he'd leave it at that, it wasnt a threat but it was about respecting the wishes of the Kage, he'd stay out of it... but he wanted to deal with is sister in safety on his own. And he didnt care if it was Umashi that he would have to Strike down... He vowed to keep her safe... Even if that meant putting her behind bars... but she was no good dead.

"I offered you both a brief vacation, because I know you both work your asses off. And I appreciate you both giving me time to deal with my loss... I just want to give you both sometime away from all of this while I hold down the fort and give some other people to step up to the plate and see how they deal with the pressures of monitoring a village for At best five days?", chuckling a bit he would think about the outlying thoughts that they may have about him. He felt like he could be seen as someone that was a hair away from committing suicide but that was farthest from the truth. He wanted to help, and more than ever his dreams of the future of Konoha seemed to overtake any insecurities he had with the future. He knew there was work to do and nothing would happen overnight but he knew there equally that even if they were goofy about it, they cared about him. He knew umashi had his own way, and alot of Tama ewas still learning about Yomi... but he knew she was a good person... Then she asked him about...
...Him...
"...I used to follow the teachings of Jashin, in my youth, I was quite the man... I sacrificed villages of people... And I'm paying for my sins now... He took the bloodline I was born with... And I had to train my body to even be able to mold chakra again...", nodding, but huffing as he continued, "...Anyways, it seems Akumi has taken my book and begun to try her hand at seeking him out...", looking up finally Tama would squint, "...You know of Jashinism?" and he would tilt his head... wondering where this conversation would end up next.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
And that was why Umashi appreciated Tamashii . . . he was a businessman like few others. Nodding his head as Tamashii spoke, Umashi would hear him out concerning the cost and scope of the project. Fortunately Umashi was completely ready with the facts. Moving to pull a few more files, Umashi presented a few more facts to Tamashii and Yomi. "I hate to alarm you Yomi, I only wish to say that by extending the forest, we could use the protective nature of the forest to shield the complex from those who would wish to do it harm. However, in order not to disturb the forest, what I can do is simply request from the Kyoubaku clan that we make a new forest especially for the complex. Which brings me to the matter of the cost." Umashi paused as he tried to allay Yomi's fears without seeming like he was bending too much to her whims. What he didn't need was business getting in the way of his coffee breaks from now on.

"Yes, the price . . . will be somewhere in that area" At that, Umashi pointed to a very large number on a particular sheet of paper before continuing. " . . . Which yes, does, or rather, would put a large dent in our village treasury. However . . . fortunately the Uchiha clan has been kind enough to pay for the whole thing." Saying the name of the clan with a sly smirk of sorts, Umashi realized that he was not only completely throwing the Uchiha clan under the bus, but that he was also quite literally letting the village get off easily. With a price tag like that, the complex would be worth more than a quarter of the village holdings combined. Fortunately, the money that they'd get back from the various offerings of the complex would more than make up the cost over time. Fortunately for them all, the Uchiha who had been very rich for a very long time and they were taking sole responsibility over the incident that had caused the original Hokage mansion to explode. "I've spoken to the Akimichi clan as well and have employed their expertise in large scale building projects. Normally a project like this could take years to complete when you consider funding and manpower, but the Akimichi have agreed to a deal that will have them lend their size altering talents to the betterment of the village."

Pointing to one of the papers that he'd set before them, he turned it so that Yomi could also read it's terms. "As you can see, a lone Akimichi can build a house in a day if they use their talents to the full, a small village in a week. Here, I'm employing the entire clan to help build this project in a three months. The slowest part of the process will be getting them the supplies quickly enough but that's where using our shinobi skills for something other than war comes into effect. Between the Kyoubaku and the Akimichi, this project will quite literally be akin to child's play." Leaning back and feeling accomplished, Umashi beamed with pride and nodded to himself. "As you can see, their payment will come directly from the village but it's a small price to pay. Further, the Kyoubaku have requested extra forested lands dedicated to their clan housing, which the Daimyo has signed off on, and the Akimichi are to gain extra farmland grants for their livestock. Again, all small prices to pay for such a state of the art facility." To some, being the Hokage just meant getting to beat up people with a fancy hat. To Umashi it meant so much more.

Feeling as though he'd properly answered Tamashii's questions, Umashi allowed his mind to get back to the fact that Yomi wasn't taking the easy out for a week long vacation. Speaking up so as to make Yomi look bad but still allowing for an easy out, Umashi playfully interjected.
"I'm sure that we could both use the break from the monotony of things, eh, Yomi? How about we let the good ol Tamashii . . . wait . . . do you even have basic medical training Tamashii?" To keep some sort of realism to the illusion that they were currently crafting, Umashi decided to flip it on Tamashii before shaking his head and chuckling. Serious things were afoot concerning his sister. Alas, while I admire your love for your sister, I ask that you remember that Takeshi is a hammer as regards his personality. Hammers don't think, they do, and unfortunately your sister is a nail. You'll have to be quick to save her from being driven into the coffin." Shrugging, Umashi would leave the subject as it lay. Hopefully Akumi would return to them long before Takeshi and his crew got to her and Baba. As alarming as relationship between Tamashii and Akumi might have been though, Umashi was exceptionally intrigued about the idea that Yomi was knowledgeable about the ways of the Jashinist. Surely she'd probably come about them in her medical dealings, but with the way that Tamashii spoke, and how she recognized . . . Umashi couldn't help but to allow an eyebrow to raise.

OOC: Reference is the Apple Inc. HQ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Park Was thinking something like a 10th of the price of that complex when comparing to NC terms, but meh, that's why I didn't reference an actual number.

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“I think it would be safer for everyone if we chose a different spot. The forest is quite temperamental and I’d rather not risk its wrath and lose people unnecessarily in the effort.” It was also a personal benefit that they did not start mucking around in the FoD. She’d be even more inconvenienced than she already was.

As far as the money was concerned, she knew that the Uchiha clan was indeed paying for a large portion of the restructuring efforts, due to the recently instated ANBU Sennin’s implied hand in the buildings destruction. However, Tamashii was correct in stating that the plan was ambitious and would be extremely costly.

“The Hokage jests. The Uchiha Clan will be paying the difference after we get paid out from the insurance company. I am sure it will cover at least 40 percent of the cost of the effort, but, the price tag is still nothing to sneeze at." Yomi distinctly remembered Takeshi saying that the clan was out of money. Whether he said that in a way to get out paying it, she didn’t know. Perhaps the Hokage knew something she didn’t.

“Also, might I recommend that you oversee the overall effort, instead of the Hokage, Tamashii? I think that would be more of a help than allowing him some vacation time. Whatever schedule you come up with, to meet with us all to go over the timeline and expected deliverables, I am sure I’ll be able to clear my calendar for that” The woman shifted in her seat as she stifled a yawn.

“There is still the matter of the Main Branch and getting that up and running. As a matter of fact, I was thinking we dissolve the branch all together. It seems ANBU is intent on taking care of domestic and international threats, so why not let them?” While she didn’t necessarily like the idea of ANBU working outside of their intended element, it seemed that they wanted their hands in everything. With all that was happening in the village she didn’t expect the Hokage to manage the project as well as sign off on it with the thousands of other things he needed to be doing, such as Main Branch work, as well as find time for her.

When Tama redirected his attention to her, she slowly raked her hair behind her ear as he gave his response. What her fellow Sennin described was everything she knew to be true about Jashin: Selfish, disrespectful, and greedy. His own question was expected even though she was delayed in her response.

“I’ve had several run-ins with those who claim that Jashin is more than he is. That is to say he is nothing more than a lonely, self-serving, attention-seeking child. The people who follow him are lost, through no fault of their own...” Yomi exhaled audibly, clearly upset by the talk of Jashin, as any true deity would be.

“…but, I am pleased to know that you have released yourself from his blasphemous clutches and hope that we bring Akumi home before she falls for his lie.” Yomi gave Tamashii a small smile and left it there. It would not due for Akumi to be following Jashin at home or abroad. if they brought her back and it was too late, Yomi and Tamashii would be having a very interesting conversation.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
In ths infinite wisdom of Tamashii, he would continue his silence throughout the banter between Yomi and Umashi. Taking notes where he heard things of interests, estimations, ideas of how to balance the villages financing to work with the idea. Even with a lending system, bartering, and excess money from missions they would seemingly be up to their knees in expenses. Tama sighed a bit until something caught his attention, being in debt to the Uchiha clan... didnt sound like a good idea. Their race, was a quite manipulative... but if things went sour. Tamashii would suggest that his undercover ANBU would give him intel on all the Uchiha in power so they would be 'taken care of'. Either way for now, Tamashii would keep quiet... that would most definitely be a conversation in the depths of night. However, Yomi would look up to him claiming jests from Umashii, "Surely you know alot about this already? How..?" looking between the two of them quickly before he would stop in his tracks... the more he thought about it. The More he felt lonely on this third wheel in this meeting...

"...Nevermind that, You expect the insurance company to blindly pay for a project that has no annual gain notified? The Kage has a fiscal duty to oblige this information for the companies that would demand it... Also, I dont like the idea of being in debt to a manipulative clan such as the Uchiha. They are contrived. They are heinous. And they will do only whats best in their own interests and gains... only what makes them worse than the insurance companies are... They can fight back.", shaking his head, this was not something he wanted this trio to get involved in... "You have the help of the Yukata Clan... I will send for Souji the Patriarch of the Clan to sign off on the dealings... However, a prominent clan outside of Leaf that is in alliance with Stone might help as well... It could ease the burden.", nodding again he would lean back in his chair thinking to himself. Before turning back to Yomi, he would think again maybe this... was going to be a grand scale idea for this village... Maybe this could help them moving forward.

"I do have minor Medical Training. However, My ability to lead and direct knows no bounds... As you may know. I am sure there are a few Medical Shinobi that Yomi can rely upon for a few days and I can fill in the gaps where I am needed... as well as processing any paperwork that needs to be processed. I know the fundamentals...", nodding between Yomi and Umashi once again, there was something kinetic about this situation... like an energy that began to fill within Tamashii. As the Eight Gates of his mind that stood before him... There was a barrier that would need to be exceeded in order to proceed into a better place, and who better to lead this village to prominence than Umashi. Tamashii admired him greatly... as well as being jealous of his position, and life outside of work... which reminded him, "I am sure my sister has gone back to handle unfinished business with our father... but I doubt your ANBU will go where she is known to be from...", though to Tamashii he'd get those simple places out of the way. There was no note on file of Akumi or Baba going to other countries outside of Stone. Familiar territory would be better for any missing who looked to make their next move...

"Back to you Yomi-sama, I have done such because Jashin was not a being or entity that I wanted to pass on to my family... however, it would seem I have failed in that department as I have in many others throughout my life... But Jashin is not a being you'd wanna get tangled with regardless of how you feel about him. He is greed. He is selfishness. Gluttony. All these things like a festering disease upon the people who walk this earth... He is sin. And I hope no one walks the path that I did playing with the sins of mankind..." and he would leave it at that... Maybe she would dive more into that with notions of the damned and sickly figures of zombies... undead... things of that nature. Who knew?

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
While the Jashin talk was quite intriguing, Umashi nodded his head at the rebuttals of both Yomi and Tamashii. While he couldn't say that he was happy to have his ideas chopped up in front of him, he could respect the fact that the two that he was with had his best interest in mind. What he also needed to do was double check that he still even needed to take such measures though. With all the back and forth on the idea, he was suddenly rethinking the entire thing and wondering if they could simply use the the space above the Hokage Rock instead of using the original forest that he'd proposed. That way, he wouldn't have to worry about permits or pesky clans getting in the way, and they could completely help to usher in a renaissance of the technological age of Konoha. Waiting until there was a good point to break in the conversation, Umashi spoke up as he grabbed a blank sheet of paper and a pen and began to jot down new notes and things to consider. "How about this, we use some of the disaster relief fund along with some personal resources to instead create the complex on the mountain atop of the Hokage Rock. It sounds strange, I know but it should work."

Turning the paper around so that the two could see his drawing, he outlined how the complex might look and what sort of safety systems would be in place for it as well as the relative price. "The way I see it, the complex would serve the needs of the the shinobi branch as a whole and allow the ANBU and medics their own true facilities. Throw in the fact that there would be a series of bunkers to house the entirety of the village underneath the complex and it would pay for itself over time. Currently we pay the penal colonies too much anyway and we need to start housing our own criminals. That would be addressed along with having an overall lower cost of production due to the land not being as expensive due to purchase since it all belongs to the state anyway." Umashi would detail all sorts of plans and ideas concerning the new idea but ultimately he considered some things to be pipe dreams of his instead of lucrative realities.

Looking at his watch and realizing that he had another something or another to get to, Umashi stood as he started to assemble his things.
"Ultimately, we can talk about these ideas at a later point and time. Say . . . another week from now. I should have some things finalized concerning that. As for the main branch and dissolving it." He paused as he shook his head no. "As much as I'd like to streamline things, odds are that there would be a revolt if we forced both the current and future Main branch shinobi into ANBU or Med. Trust me Yomi, you don't want the ire of the people on your branch because you're the resident Queen B in the camp." Nodding, he smiled and excused himself. "I hate to run but I've something else that I must attend to. I'll be seeing you two a little later!" While his leaving may have seemed abrupt, the truth of the matter was that he had a very important meeting with his personal banker. For the first time in a long time, he had a reason to look into his old treasure trove from his pirate days of yore.

OOC: Topic left unless stopped.

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
What?

Yomi turned her head slowly to look at Tamashii. For a moment, she forgot where she was. Surely this was some alternate reality where she was not a Sennin but a mere Academy Student, with no means of acquiring actual information. She was certain that if it were Takeshi in this seat and not her, the question would have never come up. She would admit that because he was ANBU they’d be able to get different kinds of information. However, to suggest that she wouldn’t know because he didn’t know was absurd.

His fishing expedition knew no bounds. “I know because I was there when it happened and was there directly in its aftermath. Surely as a Sennin I am privy to information you are not simply by being at the right place.” Perhaps she was too cranky and saw everything that Tamashii did as poking and probing.

“I expect insurance to pay for the destroyed building, not shoulder the cost of a new building. Further, we would not be in debt to the Uchiha since the Uchiha were the ones to destroy the buildings in the first place.” Of course, Takeshi claimed it was an accident, but, the brand placed on her newly acquired Med-Nin, told a different story. The situation should not have escalated to that point.

The Hokage listened to them go back and forth about one issue or another concerning the scale of the project he wanted to complete. Being a reasonable man he offered up a different solution in case they thought it was too grand and costly. Yomi listened but reserved her judgment until more information became available.

"Well we'll table the discussion until next week or so, then" She looked at him as he stood, shooting the idea of dissolving the Main Branch down...in the head...execution style.

"The dissolution of the branch would only be temporary, however, if that is what you think is best then we will continue to work on it." Yomi inhaled deeply before making her last remarks about Jashin to Tamashii. There were many things she could say about him, but, this was not a conversation for today, if ever, especially right now.

"It makes you wonder what his end game is, doesn't it? Why he's got all these people doing his bidding. Why is he so selfish and in need of all that praise? If anyone ever took the time to ask those questions I'm sure it would lead to some interesting truths." Yomi pushed back from the table and stood up.

"Well since we're done here. I too shall take my leave." Yomi was going back home to get in her bed. This was still her day off and she intended to nurse this headache away with water and a nap.
[TLUS]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back