Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

So you wanna be a Ninja? [Tutor]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The journey to Tea was great, fraternizing with his pals and joking around with Saito was something that always put Tatsuo into a great mood. However he always tried to find a little time for himself and go see the nature. Considering his bloodline it wasn't that strange he always felt more comfortable out of the big cities, he felt a certain connection to the natural energy around him. One normally only attained by the Great Sages of the world, but Tatsuo managed to do it just fine. Even without an established bond with the great ninja animals who normally bestowed the secrets of natural energy to shinobi.

Making his way through the fields, enjoying the country side he wasn't all that far off from the main city. He could still see it, but even this was a great improvement. Staying behind stuffy thick walls always made him uncomfortable. Letting out a stretch he brought his arms behind his head, elbows pointed up as he looked at a few farmers planting rice for the next season. An almost idyllic scene, Tatsuo thought. Eventually though he would stumble upon a young girl, she seemed to be practicing something but Tatsuo wasn't sure what. As he approached her, he lifted his hair a bit flashing her his headband. "I'm a Leaf Ninja, what is it you're practicing?" he asked sincerely. While he spent most of his time training young ones, he always felt like it was a duty that had to be done. Without any guidance how can you expect anything from them?

WC: 261/1500

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Her time in Tea was strictly for touristic purposes; this was a notion echoed to her constantly by her superiors. It was a time to unwind, socialize with other shinobi from foreign lands, and visit many of the country's shops and spend on their local resource. Regardless of her reasoning for being here, the kunoichi needed to retreat for a while. She was cooked up in a ship with dozens of other students and Genin. It was pure chaos, especially since children her age, despite their death machine affinity, still acted like kids. She was guilty of this herself at times, but her limits were nearly reached. A quick breather would bring her to equilibrium.

With some direction, Suika found herself at a countryside. She relaxed in a sea of green as she was surrounded by the calls of the domestic wild. Farmland wasn't necessarily the place to go to completely get away, but it was the closest she was allowed to be by her superiors. After a couple of hours observing farm life, she was knocked on the head with a stint of boredom. She felt like a log; she sat there and did nothing. Might as well make her time here more productive. “Well, I guess I can train a bit.” A second not exercising her shinobi abilities, to her, was one lost to a potential foe who was. It was better to be prepared than not.

Gathering chakra from her inner reservoir, she manifested a spiritual, ethereal blade shaped like a ninja-to. With a readied stance, she took swings in the air as she practiced different combos and techniques. The animals around her were seemingly unaffected by her violent display toward the air. She tried to keep herself subtle about it, though. Apparently, it wasn't enough.

A masculine voice pierced through her secluded bubble as she instantly shifted her attention his way. With magenta eyes that revealed no specific emotion, she replied to the man with a calmed tone. “I can see that,”</B><i></i> she then simply pointed to his headband,<B> “...and I'm just practicing my slashing combos. Nothing too flashy.” She stared at the man as an expression of curiosity overrode her previous. She followed her reply with a question of her own. “Can I help you, shinobi of Konoha? Or was I just being too loud and distracting?” Her tone didn't show any hostility or cynicism; in fact, it was pretty plain. She didn't sense any malevolence from him, so her guard was not up as it usually was. Plus, at this point, she was pretty confident with her instinctive ability to counter.

[WC: 438 | Post 1/5]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo smiled and rubbed the back of his neck, "What is it with kids being so intense these days?" Shaking his head and laughing a bit he looked to the ethereal sword in her hands. He had never seen such an ability, but it was not uncommon to see strange things. Especially so far from home. "Huh, swordsman, eh? Never seen a sword like that before but that's good. It'd be pretty bad if everyone knew what your abilities were like." Rolling his shoulder he thought for a moment and shrugged. "Mind if I train with you, I could sharpen up in my sword skills. It's been so long since i've fought with one." At one point, Tatsuo was quite adept with a sword, being a student of Kaji would teach that to you. One of the best swordsman in Kumogakure, if not the world. "I used to work with them quite a bit when I was being trained by Kaji-sensei, but it's been quite a while since we've trained together any."

With a quick formation of hand seals, a wooden sword grew from his hands. It was little more than a pole with some sharpened edges, he saw no point in making a fine identical for something he'd just throw away after. "You never told me your name, either. Cloud shinobi still as hesitant about foreigners as ever." A smile appeared on his lips. "I doubt you know him, but have you met a Hiratechei? He was one of my closest friends when I was in Kumogakure, I'm hoping he came to see the tournament."

As he spoke he was entering a defensive stance, while he wasn't the best at offense, especially with a blade he knew how to dodge well enough. His feet were separated a shoulders length apart and the blade was carried low to adjust for the difference in their heights. Despite his stance, Tatsuo's smile didn't seem to falter at all. He seemed to be as happy as ever, lacking the usual intensity that training brought upon. "I can go if you'd like me to, but maybe you can teach me a few things. I saw your swordsmanship, you're obviously skilled for your age!" He wondered what they were feeding kids these days, they all seemed to be so much stronger than he was. Maybe the peace brought upon the alliance really was improving things, without them dying as early, they managed to truly focus on their training.

WC: 674/1500
PC: 2/5

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It wasn't long before her pondered look was replaced with a competitive grin. A challenge, ay? Suika wasn't normally one for such trivial acts, but her recent training within the shinobi world awakened another side of her. Every opportunity was one to grow, and what greater of an opportunity than to test it out here with a shinobi from a foreign land. As the man summoned a wooden sword, she smiled.

“I accept. You sure that wooden sword of yours can protect you?” she taunted playfully. He then went on about his acquaintances from Cloud. At least one of those names rang a bell; wasn't of those men a shinobi about to fight in this tournament? Regardless of his affiliation, she wouldn't hold back in this spar. “I don't really know them, but it's cool you haves ties to Cloud.” She then readied her stance.

As he readied his own, she continued. “My name is Suika. I usually don't share my name with strangers, yanno, since you haven't shared your own, Leaf-san. I'll still take you on regardless.”

With that, she was off. As she motioned toward a swift slash, she stealthily channeled a genjutsu through her blade that would make his weapon feel a bit hotter than usual. Chances were that this man would be unaffected by her illusions, but she did so anyway. She then continued her advance with multiple combos and prepared herself to parry. “Show me what you got, Leaf.”

[WC: 245 | Post 2/5
TWC: 683]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo nodded confidently, "Don't worry even wood can be stronger than steel.. or whatever that thing is made of." he said chuckling to himself as he swung the blade a bit, it nearly slipping from his fingers in an embarrassing display at one point. "Eh... I got it, don't worry." Tatsuo nodded as she mentioned her name, "Nice to meet you, Ms. Suika, I am Tatsuo." Tatsuo was slow at the beginning, mostly parrying her strikes. He was aware of her Genjutsu but made no effort to dispel it, at least not yet. He never thought it strut your stuff using little kids as target practice.

Faking a misstep here, or a fumble here he would allow himself to be hit a few times. Not to say Suika wouldn't be able to on her own, but Tatsuo had spent quite a lot of time training with the kids in Konoha and no one liked to get beaten to a pulp. Training was supposed to be fun, and what's fun about always losing? He would continue to trade blows with her here and there, a click of a sword here and there as he parried. As their sparring continued he would slowly increase his skill level until it was just above the girl's. Not enough that she wasn't able to do anything, but where she would have to really choose her openings well. Anytime the girl would make an obvious mistake, he would give her a quick tap, whether it be on the chest, arm, leg, once even on the top of her head. Meanwhile the tenderness never left his face, he was glad to see her doing so well and while every time he would comment on her mistakes, "Too far, keep your feet steady, don't get distracted, keep your sword up." or other such statements, he would also compliment her on her successes, "Nice strike, ouch you got me, clever!"

"Your village is lucky to have such a good swordsman, I imagine you'll be kicking my a-- butt, when you're a bit older." he said as he threw out a few more blows here and there. No matter how long they went, it'd seem as if Tatsuo wasn't getting tired. As a Senju they had an almost inhuman level of stamina and Tatsuo surely was capable of that portion of his bloodline.

WC: 1067/1500
PC: 3/5

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Her sparring partner, now identified as Tatsuo, entered a dance of clanging and parrying. As the duo proceeded with their duel, Suika took note of the man's stamina and his level of ability. "Damn." she muttered as she collided her ethereal blade against his sword comprised of wooden material. Despite the seemingly fragile theoretical state of his conjuration, the Leaf Shinobi faired well against the kunoichi's ghostly blade. In fact, his stamina, by far, outweighed her own. She gasped for breath as she attempted to deflect his strikes, but she was jabbed right and left every now and then during their friendly battle. As much as she wanted to honor the sole intention of this battle of swordsmanship, it was clear she was outmatched. She had to weigh her options.

Finally, taking the initiative she had to, she hopped backward and formed a simple seal. As the man's next hit landed, she merged with a shadow as her presence vanished almost instantaneously. Hidden amongst nearby bushes, the girl formulated a plan. "His stamina is unreal. Time to kick it up a notch." With another form of seals, clones of the girl, formed by chakra and her affinity for the shadows, appeared from the blue. With a quick lunar step, she lunged out alongside her clones and attempted to strike the Senju before her.

"One doesn't seem to get you, but how can you manage three?"
What would the shinobi from Konoha do?

[WC: 243 | Post 3/5
TWC: 926 ]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo was fine and happy to play around with swords for a while however she was quick to put a seal and burst into nothingness. While he wasn't scared, he was quick to try and find where she went. Though it'd seem Suika would come out to him. The girl was then charging him with an assortment of clones. Three clones.. he thought to himself as she readied her attack. While he didn't like going all out on students, she did break the rules. Without forming a hand seal, wooden tendrils tore from the earth beneath her clones. Depsite the speed they emerged they were gentle enough, only lifting her and clones about ten feet into the air. Tatsuo shook his head and rubbed the back of his neck, "C'mon kid, I thought we said swords!" Sighing he shook his head a bit, "I guess I did go a bit too hard didn't I. I'm sorry, though you're pretty quick, in a year or two I think i'd have been cut up like a holiday ham." he said with a firm nod. Slapping his hands together, he brought the trees down letting her and her clones down to their feet.

"Sorry about that, I didn't feel like getting cut today." he said with a smile, "I do like the moves though, you're pretty good with a sword. Your genjutsu isn't all that bad either." he said hinting back at her original illusion. "You've got a longways to go but i'm glad Cloud has so many good shinobi. Really warms my heart."

WC: 1330/1500
PC: 4/5

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Heeding his comments about the breaking of the 'rules', Suika returned that sentiment with a wryly grin. Sure, she wasn't playing by the rules that were originally set by the her and the Leaf shinobi set several seconds ago, but, as survivalist, she had to adapt by the new condition of this battle. It was clear her success within this spar was dwindling by the second, so she had to improvise and set forth her next wave of actions. In conjunction with her own, the dark-haired, almost black-eyed man met her own with several tendrils of wood sprouting violently from the earth's surface. Although based from the ground itself, it almost formed outward toward her like lightning.

It wasn't long before her shadows melted within the piercing of the tendrils. With slight anticipation, she attempted to dodge the elongated branch aimed at her, but it still brushed alongside the side of her hip as a slight burst of blood escaped from her side. With gritted teeth, the kunoichi, with her acrobatic ability, flipped backward and reentered into her defensive technique. With a few exasperated huffs, she finally let out an acknowledged reply. “I guess I should have expected that with the antics I pulled. Not that I really had a choice.” She readied her original stance yet again as the aura of her blade was inflamed with much stronger spiritual force. Her expression grew more determined as she took a determined breath.

“Let's finish this fair-and-square, Tatsuo-san. The outcome of this battle is fairly predictable, but I'll give it my best go. I appreciate your encouragement and, with that, be ready for my full force.” With that, the girl charged with the might she had left. Forget genjutsu, clones, and correlative trickery; she'd gather her remaining strength in a few deft strikes.

[WC: 302| Post 4/5
TWC: 1228]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo honestly felt bad about making her bleed, it definitely was not his intention. However, bleeding happened a lot, something that just needed to be fixed sometimes. As Suika explained her reasoning for breaking the rules Tatsuo couldn't help but smirk, "Ya' know, you're right. I like your spirit kid, it really does blaze." he said, a wave of nostalgia running through him as he said that. "Since you want to keep going, i'm game." he said throwing his hand back with the sword and rushing towards her. A strike here, a parry there. The girl really was outstanding for her age, definitely one he didn't wish to see on the battle field. He eased up a bit, allowing her to get in a hit here and there but he kept his ground. He just wanted to see how far she was willing to push herself.

However as the fight continued he could realize she was quickly running low on steam, while permanent injury wasn't an issue, he'd hate for her to be sore for the rest of her trip. At the first opening he would push into her, going to sweep her legs with a quick low kick and throw her off her feet. Going to grab her from her wrist with his free hand, in which he had prepped some natural energy in. It'd heal up the wound alright and probably make it where she'd be able to walk tomorrow.

WC: 1572
PC: 5/5

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A blazing spirit. The two shinobi had their final bout as an injured Suika entered into a type of sword dance with the man. Sparks flew as her ghostly blade clashed against his wooden one. It was definitely an interesting sight to behold, especially considering the nature of their chosen weapons. The intensity of their exchange was impassioned, but it was also quick; even the farm animals near them were too slow to react. This truly was an awesome sparring opportunity.

With magenta eyes that glowed with sheer determination, the kunoichi found an opening and took advantage of it. She'd end this now. As she swung her ethereal ninja-to, the man swiftly dodged it and swept her off her feet. As a tired Suika fell back midair, Tatsuo caught her arm as his visible chakra healed her wound. The gypsy girl took a few good breaths and smirked. “Healing me? Who said I was done?” But she was. Her blade then dispersed into flowing spiritual particles as she gritted her teeth with one eye open. She definitely was beat. Taking a few hops back, the girl gave an acknowledged nod and a satisfied grin. “You may have bested me today, but tomorrow might be a different story. Great match, Tatsuo-san. I had fun.”

She then shot out a thumb's up. It was a simple gesture, but it revealed the depth of her growing resolve as a shinobi and her rising competitive spirit. It wasn't too long ago that she'd roll her eyes at spars like this, but she found that it proved beneficial to her in more ways than just one. She was grateful for the man before her, and that was revealed with a sparkle of gratitude in her expression. The kunoichi felt inspired to meet with him again to test her strength. “Let's have a rematch sometime. That is, if you're game.” She then stretched out her burning muscles as she relaxed herself. She was definitely due for a rest soon.

[WC: 333 | Post 5/5
TWC: 1561/1500 - Tutor complete!]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back