Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private So you're telling me that... (Sighs) (request Umasi, and Anbu Sennin)

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It has sure been a while since I was last here. Last time was about five years ago when I had talked with Raikage Ayumu about becoming a civilian here. Even though I no longer had the hearing of a Chigokai, I had that gut feeling we were being followed by the ANBU branch. I don't know what about me has rubbed her off the wrong way, but if Umashi and Siu weren't there to calm things down, it would have definitely escalated.

I let out a sigh and just made mystical hand, medical chakra energies to ease some of the pain in my right shoulder. I had on my person three sealing scrolls, one of which had Maru's tails, the other two, pieces of a puzzle I have yet to solve. Perhaps if brought to light with others who might know a score or two more than I do. Walking past the receptionist lady, I said, "Anbu Sennin is expecting us." Today was almost like a small reminder that I had become well accustomed with going into big places with powerful people, aka the Hokage Mansion.

It was still weird hearing my voice now being more feminine, having a female body with fox ears and tail. With a sigh, I pushed the thought out of my mind. Finally, we had made it to a conference room, where we were told to go and meet the Uchiha. Once there, we waited for the girl to show up, to either talk business there, or to usher them to her office somewhere else. While we waited, there was silence in the room. That is, until I spoke up, "I'm sorry. It's just... I've been tired of the whole ordeal everyone seems to have with me of being an ass. I especially have been like that in Leaf when things were a bit crazy with Frost. During that time, I had lost a lot of faith in people who are in power, find it hard to trust a lot. Just... when that happened, just then, I had felt like I did when talking to one of the previous Hokage." There would be no prompting of who it was. But Umashi, of all people would know, that the only person to fit that bill was Takeshi.

I fixed my glasses, "I guess, one would also say that I'm trapped in my own mind, in a sense. Thinking everyone can't really be trusted unless they have also been a victim to trusting the wrong people. You know what they say, each person is their own worse enemy." Taking a deep breath, I wait to see how Umashi would react to this open talk, in which there was very little that they spoke about to and from Sand territory.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Umashi didn't want to be in the village and he certainly didn't want to be sitting and waiting on the ANBU Sennin to saunter in, expecting everyone to forget her less than stellar recent appearance at the gates. Still dressed in the traditional garb of traveling ANBU, Umashi listened on as Ziren explained their take on events toward the elder shinobi. With his mask off, he couldn't hide his changing facial features as Ziren went on and on, making good points, but ultimately failing to convince Umashi on things that he knew to already be a fact. An Uchiha in power was a dangerous thing. A discriminatory take for sure and one that most surely wouldn't win him any favors concerning the red eyed people of the flame, Umashi knew that they knew that everyone else knew that they were a powerful if flawed people as a whole.

In a way, listening to Ziren drone on and knowing that Ziren trusted Umashi to be a sound confidant, Umashi felt as if he was more Zirens father than a former leader and friend. In short, Umashi was touched.
"Look, you don't have to try and convince me. I was just as annoyed as you were, if not more so. It's just equally as true that while our great Sennin made an ass of herself, you certainly didn't win any points for proper decorum yourself. Alas, with great power, comes great responsibility. A Sennin should sooner act more responsible than a subordinate, no matter the age or life lived difference." Speaking from experience, Umashi had more than his own fair share of times that he'd lost his cool and made a mistake. Like many people, he'd had to learn his job on the fly as life hadn't totally prepared him to lead, but with time, he'd become wiser and now his goal was to instill that same wisdom in to others. Sitting in the room and waiting for Miro, hopefully he'd be able to do just that.

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The stunt at the gates played in her mind like a carousel. Was she truly in the wrong? No, she couldn’t be. From everything that’s happened at the gates with the missing and nearly dying because of it there was truth and honesty behind her way of thinking. Three people of all Foxkin blood betray their home and leave the ANBU Sennin for dead, her anger towards them felt right. To try to make her forget about the situation and say her burn scars aren’t real would be more than just a punch in the gut. Not that she hasn’t been through worse, however her recent achievements hold merit to her. From nothing to someone, even if she was having second thoughts about her current position. Prior to this fiasco, that thought whispered into her ears. Midori helped mute its call by saying ‘Neffer forget zat vu alvays haffe zee pover to zurprize yourzelf.’”

That said, Mirō shook her head side to side. ‘Apologize? Why would I?’ she thought to herself. The contract summon that lie within her remained dormant. The small dispute between them didn’t unfold too well either. ‘We’ll cover the mission details and go from there… and that bit with Umashi.’ Mirō grit her teeth, Umashi wanting to retire fully left unease in her stomach. As she walked down the hall that heap of unease and emotion faded from her gut. Slapping that bad habit on the wrist. Reason why nonsense at the gates happens.

Fingers coiled around the door handle, pausing momentarily. Pale ears twitched at the sound of Umashi’s voice. Her eyes fixated on the handle. After one moment she pulled the door open, facing Umashi and “Ziren”. “You’re here quickly. From the looks of everything, some things went awry on the mission.” Feigning ignorance to the situation at the gates, Mirō moved to the chair at the head of the table. Her garb remained the same from the gates, her bun undone to let her long tresses flow freely behind her ears. Umashi’s face spoke volumes about the gate situation, while Ziren's spoke about both that and the mission. ‘Based on looks too’.

[Topic Entered]

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
I listened as Umashi spoke, about to reply back to what he has said, when the door opened. I looked over at the Anbu Sennin staring right at me, I stared back. Finally, she broke the ice, talking about the mission. I sat down and gave it some thought of what Umashi had said. Frankly, I don't even know if I can even trust her, but I'm also not one to just let things go and ignore that it has ever happened. Not my style to just go on without questioning.

"Here." I brought out one of the three sealing scrolls, the one that held all nine of Maru's tails and set it on the table before gently sliding the scroll over to her. "I'll tell you about the other two scrolls and my... condition if you answer one question for me." I stopped and thought my words through. Frankly, it'll just be another headache if we started a screaming match right now, so I'll say this in the most civilized, but also very upfront way possible.

"So I want to know what your problem is with me. Maybe if we talk things out, we can figure out what median we can both agree on to work together in the future." Yes, this chick literally had her people ready to kill me, and yes, I've almost always seem to be on the bad end of an Uchiha in power, but I am also known to be someone who is easy to work with if the others take their time to be a team player as well. In reality, I don't want to meet yet another stereotypical Uchiha who is driving those who they dislike down, but that is the majority of whom that I have met. Very few exceptions to that rule, but other than that, majority of the rotten apples ruin the apple tree.

"He will fill you on in the mission details as it was him that the mission belonged to. The things I've come across pre and post mission will be brought to light too, as is the scrolls, in which I'll tell you about." I pointed over to Umashi and then set the other two sealing scrolls down in front of me.

(Sealing scroll containing Maru's nine tails given to Mirō)

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
giphy.gif

"So I want to know what your problem is with me. Maybe if we talk things out, we can figure out what median we can both agree on to work together in the future." Umashi was all ready to talk and get to the bottom of what had happened and mission details but when Ziren opened up with a line ripped straight out of a teen heartthrob drama where one of the ancillary characters ended up getting shot in a school hallway and then somehow despite ending up in a wheelchair, managed to make a promising music career, Umashi had to do a double take to make sure that he was actually hearing what he thought that he was hearing. To put it mildly, Umashi didn't want to presume upon whatever gender norms Ziren was or wasn't falling in line with but the age old question about Chigokai and the hormonal changes that a regular premenstrual cycle brought on was about to be answered if Ziren kept on harping about the gate incident. In blunt terms, Umashi was disappointed in Miro, but Ziren was quickly sinking to the level of a teenager with too much power and not enough of a guiding hand towards doing the right thing instead of the emotional thing.

Umashi wanted, no, needed to hurry up and get back to his own business and playing mediator between two former subordinates of his wasn't how he planned to spend his day. They could make amends in their own time and leave him out of it. Call it a lack of care and concern or call it a geriatric mind, but Umashi had had enough.
"With all due respect, can you two can talk about that offline?" Umashi might have been being a bit rude when he held up his hand to interrupt but they were here for a debriefing, not an injunction. They had completed the mission and Miro needed information about it. That was all. Short, sweet, to the point and especially simple. Ziren ought to have known better as a seasoned vet. "We made it to Suna, found Maru, got our hands dirty, yoinked his tails and got back safely. Unfortunately for us all, somebody made out that I was a former Hokage and tried to kill us. We got away, explosions were had, people and monsters died, I almost died and Ziren now looks like so." If Ziren was smart, there'd be a flat out lie or no mention of actually allowing Maru to live. Over emotional, possibly. Smart enough to lie and or avoid the truth when necessary, most definitely.

Gesturing to Ziren, Umashi purposefully avoided assigning a gender because he honestly didn't know what to take Ziren for but respect was in order on that front.
"Ziren believes that they might have been from the Fire Country but we can't know for sure. I for one plan on handling that business just as soon as we wrap up this. Obviously one shouldn't go threatening a treaty but here we are." Shrugging, Umashi had to admit that he didn't know why Konoha would want him dead but rare was the day when a Kage managed to stop being Kage and live to tell the tale. "So that's it, that's the mission details in a nutshell, there's what you asked for and now all we need is proper pay and an attaboy . . . or girl and we can go on about our lives." Recognizing that he could have very well have missed something of importance, he looked over to Ziren and held an outstretched open hand. "That's about the gist of it, right?" But he also didn't leave room for Ziren to begin asking for more apologies from Miro so he completed the sentence for the shinobi. "Right. So, are we all clear? I personally did not come here to deal with squabbling children and I doubt that you two did either." Umashi's fed up parent mode had been activated.

Last edited:

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The scroll slid over to her just barely out of perfection. A pale hand reached out to grab the scroll, holding it in front of her fingers she began to twirl the scroll on an index finger like a professional basketball player. Whatever one of those were. At the end of her act the scroll fell into her palm again and just as she was about to crack a smile the foxkin Ziren piped up again.

Red hues rolled across the world in a dramatic fashion at Ziren’s demand for answers. That same sense of annoyance flowed outward from Umashi too. “First off, you don’t withhold key information from me. If you like where you’re at I suggest you cough up the other two scrolls you’re so adamant from keeping from me.” Her usual neutral tone turned serious. To demand more information from your superior was out of line and unheard of. In terms of respect at the basic branch level of understanding it seemed as if Ziren needed another genin exam. Umashi’s words bounced off Mirō’s ears and onto the floor. “Since you’re unaware of the accident at the gates a while ago, I’ll make it easy for you.” Mirō folded her arms underneath her chest, subtly tucking the new scroll in her pocket as she leaned back. With her chin up she spoke towards Ziren, “A pair of foxkin that look just like you betrayed the village. Maru and I attempted to stop them but I quickly found myself in a three versus one situation. Not sure if you know…” Since she literally had to lay out the information to him on a silver platter, “Maru is also a demon fox. Long story short, I end up getting vaporized by that dumbass fox and end up on the death bed.” Her mind raced back to those final moments. Maru’s gaping drooling maw with sharp teeth lined down to his gut while a ball of energy formed, distorting reality around it.

tumblr_pnk9yzGDrU1tdisgeo2_400.gifv

Her cool demeanor struggled to remain intact, her fingers tracing over the burn marks on her arms. Her entire body was destroyed due to just simply existing. A loud snap echoed out throughout her brain, her summon pushing her away from a PTSD episode. Mirō shook her head side to side to wipe away terrible thoughts. “Not only did I nearly die, the entire vicinity around the gates was decimated. All because of disgusting foxkin and their selfish ideals. A threat to the village and our peaceful way of life.” Red hues struck daggers into Ziren’s new eyes. “So Ziren, you can plainly see why the situation at the gate happened. If you were your original self none of this would’ve occurred.” Ending her rant all the pieces of the puzzle were laid out, in an order so simple an academy student could wrap their brain around it.

Her body leaned forward, both elbows on the table. “Now, not only are you holding dire information hostage like this is an encounter with Maru himself, the mission wasn’t directly given to you. I’ll tell you now to unveil what happened in Sand. Not only what happened to Maru but yourself and Umashi.” Something about Umashi felt inherently wrong too. Her attention turned to Umashi who seemed to have ants in his pants about being here for more than ten bloody minutes. But with the scroll in hand and the 9 tails retrieved it was a surefire sign that Maru had been killed. ‘No rest for the wicked. Good riddance too.’

“Nearly died and were attacked by Konoha? Well that doesn’t sound like they are upholding their part of the treaty…”A finger rose to her bottom lip, formulating ideas to figure out why Leaf nin attempted to kill Umashi. The list probably went on longer than a CVS receipt but it didn’t give Konoha the right to attack him and destroy the treaty. Now he wants to settle the score alone. “A murder attempt on you from leaf is a serious accusation. And from your letter you’d like to leave the ANBU corps.” That left Mirō stuck between a rock and a hard place. “Ridiculous. Relieving yourself of ANBU duties just to be your own free man in the Main Branch. So far I’m unconvinced that becoming a Main Branch jounin is the right path. Working closely with the ANBU is the true route to finding the finer details at hand.” Mirō spoke with absolution. Does Umashi think the ANBU keeps everyone on a short leash? The only ones with a leash pulled taut are AiT. Captains needn’t worry, for their leash was their loyalty to the village, and Mirō didn’t sense any frayed ends with Umashi.

[MFT-- WC:786]

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
And there she goes, classic Uchiha threatening people once a little bit of disrespect comes their way. In all honesty, all of this would have played out differently if she had a cool head and didn't go to such dramatics. That being said, I don't really help much, adding fuel to the fire with my perception of her being similar to that of other Uchihas. She then informed me of what happened at the gates. Her and Maru went to stop some ninja from going missing, and then Maru 'betrayed' her. Little does she know, that Maru himself had said that he was genned through the whole ordeal. I could tell that her own mind was warped with anger, wanting to find comfort in putting all the blame and anger out on somebody. I had only thought it was Maru, but apparently it was all fox-kin. Which brings to mind a more pressing matter. The two other foxes that had managed to gen Maru. Who were they and where? More importantly, why not try to off them instead of Maru? Questions rolled around my head, but I had kept a calm face.

I had let Umashi speak up about the time in Sand of having to deal with Leafies. I can tell that she didn't want Umashi to leave the ANBU for this whole ordeal. Finally, I spoke up, "When I was a Chigokai, I had an innate sense of being able to hear blood, just as any Chigokai. But I was able to up the game by being able to understand the different sounds of blood flows within a person, even going as far as differentiating blood flows between different people and telling who is who just by their blood flow. My reasoning of it was Leaf that had made a move on our friend here, was even strengthened by the fact that one of them mistakenly spoke out. Hearing a blood flow I have not heard for a long time, but it sounding familiar to me, followed by the voice made me realize who it was. And I am one of the Leaf refugees from all those years ago, so I knew whose voice that was."

I let out a sigh and looked at the two scrolls. "Now before I tell you anything of the scrolls and my transformation, I gotta tell you a little bit of my past, at least the bit that would revolve around my assumptions of the mysteries behind my transformation and these scrolls. Long ago, I had a homicidal brother. He wanted me dead for reasons still unknown to me to this day. He worked with a mad scientist that had an idea to make a close friend of mine into a sharingan super-soldier. This scientist had a tool that allowed him to suck away any bloodline or core ability jutsu's no matter how strong. This scientist had died from my friend and then my brother had come to get a hold of it. During my fight with him, the tool took some damage and was destroyed, but not before leaving an explosion that enveloped both me and my brother. For a short time, both of us could use other blood lines or core abilities. Now, this is sounding like that of a making of an unnatural Chimera, right? But those powers were locked away for a bit when I was a dark sage. I was a dark sage for a very long time, before deciding to get rid of the darkness inside of me and not be a servant of shinigami. And by that, I had someone stab me with a holy sword. I had fallen in between alive and dead, where it was possible I was ethereal talking to a shinigami, it could be apparent that I had instigated the demon. After I had awoken, I no longer had dark sage powers. I was both a Chigokai and a ghost walker, since I had been between life and death. I guessed that those Chimera powers were suppressed whilst I was a dark sage. Soon after, was when I was asked to help with a mission. Turns out, it was about Maru and getting his tails. We went to Wind Country and got his tails. Soon, Leaf ninja showed up, and I sprung into action. I stole a pill from Maru, little was known about it, only for the fact of it could change a person's bloodline or core ability to something else. I did it to stabilize his condition" I pointed at Umashi, "And to shake off any feeling the Leaf ninja may have had that I am me, though this transformation was not what I had in mind, which I can only surmise was due to the fact that very long ago I was blasted with the aforementioned tool. Me and him got out of there when chakra bombs from an unknown party started to rain down. I don't know if anyone else made it out."

I reached for the two scrolls, "That clears up the part of me being a kitsune, now onto these scrolls. You two might want to step back far away while I show you the contents that these hold." I waited until both of them were a safe distance away before releasing the contents of the first sealing scroll. The contents was something both of them wouldn't really get without a little bit of explaining. It was a fork, with a blob of black substance. "As said, I had come across some things pre and post mission. In wind Country, I was at a ramen shop in a disguise when I had heard the blood flow of someone being around, but not being able to see them. But once they were caught, after trying to rush at me, they simply dissipated into dark black goo. There was something I had noticed on him. Cursed seals, similar to that of a Dark sages making, but also... different. I can't quite put my hand on what about it was different, but apparently one of the other patrons there was a Dark sage too, he also had come to the conclusion that whoever it was, had a semblance to that of Death itself. I didn't know much behind this individual, except that he said 'Master'. Now onto our second scroll," I had sealed away the fork with black goo back inside the first scroll and went to the second scroll. Releasing it, a six foot long, three foot wide blade came into existence, the other two could see slightly fresh blood, and if either remembered how I was wincing in pain earlier, they can put two and two together. The weapon was heavy as the conference room table creaked, but didn't break, the other two shinobi could tell that there was a certain darkness emanating from the blade. In all honesty, I didn't want any part of it, not knowing what could happen after it is back in the world, I sealed it back into the scroll. "That, belonged to a Shinigami called Shi Ha, Death's Blade. When we had made our way back into Lightning Country, I had picked up another sense of darkness, close to that of the owner of the black blob from the first scroll. I went and found a humanoid monster, or rather Shinigami, that had a weird giant helmet with no eye holes that held that blade. It was more talkative than the other and I was able to gather some intel from it before we battled. Apparently, these two are from some edgy unoriginal named organization called Death's Organization. They pick and choose certain people who have turned away from the way of the dark sages and hunt them down. And it isn't just me that they are hunting down. But the Nara Soul that I was travelling with when I was a dark sage. Turns out, some people of darkness don't like it when you try to keep doing good things and ignore shinigami orders. But I believe that Nara Anyu, the Soul that was in contract with me, could also hold vital information on more of this Death Organization. So who is this master? Frankly, I have no clue, possibly a shinigami of higher power? But if that was the case, why not just off me itself than use other shinigami?" That last question was more for me asking myself of the whole ordeal. There were still too many holes for me to come up with a viable answer.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
AggressiveVillainousCleanerwrasse-size_restricted.gif

Miro had gained an unyielding backbone and Ziren had opted to spread his life story in a way that left even Umashi blushing. As far as worst case scenarios went, Umashi was simply existing in a twilight zone. Unable to do much other than watch as the train wreck of a meeting happened right before his eyes. Helpless to do anything other than be a passive onlooker, his mind darted from speaker to speaker as Miro and Ziren continued on in their own way. Whereas Miro had a reasonable claim to her annoyance due to her relative rank, Ziren's oversharing threatened the very stability that Umashi had hoped for by their keeping their lips sealed. As the old saying went, "loose lips, sink ships" and Ziren had said more than enough, so much so that Miro now had a legitimate entrance to asking more about the details of the mission.

Even beyond that, the fact that Miro hadn't accepted his resignation was an annoyance that Umashi would have to figure out how to manage. Like with anything there was always the choice to leave, completely abandon his post and join the many shinobi who became feared nuke-nin. There was also the option that he could just demand that she give him his request. Even beyond that, there was also just the option to just simple be about as useful to her as he cared to be in the moment. Overall, Umashi was tired and if Miro didn't give him what he requested, then it more proved true the fact that there were few other options for her as well. Thankfully, he wasn't alone in thinking that Konoha's would be attempts on his life were noteworthy but any hope of continuing that conversation were devoured by Ziren's tale. Umashi hated being tied down with little room for expression but the smartest move in the moment was to let Miro and Ziren continue expressing themselves as they wished. In the meantime, he'd take a mental nap and figure out his next moves.

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Mirō leaned back in her chair, absorbing Ziren’s… lengthy in-depth story about his past and association to leaf village. Minor occurrences and individual dealings outside her branch weren’t her concern. The hole you dig only gets as deep as you want it. To widen the hole to get others to fall in is evil. Ziren’s come up was his own doing, getting placed on the mission at hand wasn’t Mirō’s idea either. Through the monologue Mirō heard a few areas of interest. Pills that change bloodlines? And disfigure them beyond recognition? What the hell is Maru doing in Sand? From esteemed--... Sober!--..... Most qualified… Headmaster of Kumo’s ninja academy to a traitorous dog who sells weird pills in the desert.

‘What is he planning?’ That thought raced through Mirō’s head again and again. The gears were already in motion. With refinement and proper funding those pills could become extremely influential in the right hands. A wicked grin subtly arose on her lips. ‘Now that he’s dead, raiding the place would be a breeze.’ Red eyes focused back on Ziren, his words had missed a few key words she had been looking for. “Death Organization?” Jumping back slightly as the black sword appeared out from the scroll. A fine piece of equipment, but it held little worth to her and the ANBU. “Dark sage hunting, leaf ninja attacking you, some Death Organization. This all sounds like it falls into your hands. It’s better if you keep those two scrolls. ANBU has other centralized duties to attend to.” Mirō proclaimed. There was a lump in her gut of unease that lay dormant.

Mirō looked over at Umashi. There it is, a face that spoke a thousand words without saying any. Ziren liked to talk, a good and bad feature in many scenarios and this one was the best possible time to chat. “You took a pill and turned into… that Ziren and you used a pill to stabilize Umashi? What happened to him?” With a slight tilt of her head a faux face of innocence stared at Umashi. More to the mission than what he was willing to tell, that feeling radiated from his demeanor and Ziren’s words.

A hand dug into her pocket to pull out the original mission scroll. A finger pulled the string that kept the roll sealed tightly, opening across the width of the table. Fingers gave the proper hand seal to release the contents. From a puff of clouds nine large fluffy tails marked with blood and… singe marks lay in front of her. A wide grin transformed her innocent look into that of a winning devil. Mission success, as many would call it. This left one last question. “So! How did you do it! Did you pierce his heart? Pull his limbs off? Boil his blood inside his body?” Naming off grotesque ways to kill Maru, her hatred ran deep. Clearing her thoughts her energy simmered back down, attempting to keep it civil and sane. “Is he dead?” That question had many answers. If he had died, she’d be stricken with sadness and joy. Joy that he was 6 feet under but pain knowing it wasn’t by her hand. “If he is or isn't, the mission is still successful.” ‘I just need to know.’

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
From how I talked, I can tell that Umashi didn't like the monologue I had, and Mirō was at least intrigued. She had decided to leave the two scrolls in my keeping, I nodded, "Thanks, but I think I'll need the help of someone who is more familiar with death and shinigami or close to the sorts, if I were to close in further on this Death Organization case. And whilst I have dabbled in the book of darkness, it still would be good to have an extra hand. Would you know of anyone who would fit the sort?"

I studied Umashi's and Mirō's movements and actions, choosing my words to formulate as the girl spoke. She wanted to know more of these pills. I shook my head, "As said before, I've surmised that due to my genetic code being all messed up, was why I ultimately changed, but I never gave him a pill. As speaking from a doctor's point of view, I'd have to say old age is finally starting to catch up to him. I merely stabilized his old heart." I have said that as a slight jab at him for the parents comment he had made earlier, but if the man knew my way of thinking, it was to slightly change topics with a little bit of humor, just hope he understands the bait and takes it to cause some other tangents. Either that, or it will be an opportunity to have the floor to say whatever he needs to say.

But that was when the girl was showing the psychotic side of the Uchiha bloodline by naming off grotesque ways in her fantasy of how Maru has died. Frankly, there was a little part of me that actually thinks Maru has died. Given how his tails were cut, if done wrong would have proven fatal, and we have lost sight of him shortly before those chakra bombs went off. Even if those tails were cut right, he would still be fighting to keep conscious from losing a lot of blood, and what with how fast those chakra bombs came, it would be plausible that Maru didn't make it... I am a realist, I'd rather run worst case scenarios through my head, and even with everything that has happened, I see it as Maru wouldn't make it far without some help. And unless he had some more aces up his sleeves, it would be possible that he is gone. Umashi was out for the duration that I had dragged him out and Maru had given us the tails. Then the girl finally went back to civilities to just ask if Maru was dead. "It is highly probable that Maru is dead. When his tails were cut, it could either be in a way that would be a bleed out, similar to humans if there is a cut, even a small one, could be fatal. Alas, I don't know much of the anatomy of Kitsune's as much. The other way, is that when his tails were cut, he had lost a lot of blood, and even a numbskull would see it on his face as it was woozy and losing color fast, if he had survived the blood lost, then the next thing of chakra bombs falling shortly after would be likely to do him in. We lost sight of him once that happened. But I am speaking as a doctor that it is highly probable that he is dead, with either of the two theories I have presented." If by some miracle Maru is still alive, he won't be for long, I don't know if Leaf still has a vendetta against him or not, but they now know where he is if they want to still have beef with him too.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
34mv.gif

Fortunately for Umashi, his work spoke for itself and whatever sort of fanciful ideas that the two youngsters before him had of picking on the old man were about to cut drastically short. "Don't let the grey hair fool you, I've got more than enough left in the tank to handle my business." The warning was to both but especially to Miro in case she ready to fire off another joke at his expense. "That aside, you'll find a detailed enough explanation in the report. of what happened. I've turned in my copy which, off the record, does not provide a detailed dossier on the pills as those are spoils of the mission." As far as Umashi was concerned, Miro was going to have to do some work on her part to read the file as presented. She had eyes that could catch the most minute details but was asking for a play-by-play of what had happened clear on the other side of the continent.

Moreover, Ziren was also out of line but Umashi would let it slide, mostly.
"And you . . ." Umashi looked Ziren in the eyes and held a finger to his lips indicating that the shinobi was talking too much. Kumogakure laws were far more different than Konoha or even Iwa but Umashi was pretty sure that Ziren broke even the most basic of laws by speaking on the confidential topic about his health. Of course, Umashi could have just been cranky and tired. He was spending way too much explaining things and was very much ready to get on about his business. "So now that everything has been laid out, was there any pressing news that we needed to be brought up to speed on? I mean, I guess Ziren should be getting debriefed by his Sennin, but we're here and . . . might as well get it over with." Expecting the usual tidbits, Umashi leaned back in his chair and got comfortable since with the way things were going, Miro was going to take another few hours of his precious life to catch him up to speed about the price of rice in the lowlands.

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren was adamant about finding another person to help him on his quest. Red hues gazed at him then averted that look towards the ceiling. Mentally her fingers ran through a filing cabinet of people with the potential to help his cause. Each man, woman, demon, half god, and the like had other business to attend to. On top of that most of those men and women were outside of the village. “There’s one person who can help, but I don’t know if she has any information on the Death Organization.” Mirō rubbed her chin in thought, “Musojinshimokio Musoya. A merchant in the Seki District. Where the sun doesn’t shine is where you’ll find her shop.” Her thoughts traveled back to memories with Jin. In regards to vital information she was your gal. For a price, it took a bank loan of yen to get her to open up about her own parents.

“My my…” She placed an elbow on the table and used her arm to prop up her head to lazily look at Ziren and Umashi. At least Ziren’s mood about the event at the gate had been forgotten. Liable to take a serious matter like that and build from it. Umashi on the other hand. All business. ‘Probably not too happy that you denied him his resignation letter.’ A small smile appeared on her lips, her eyes rolled at Naibu’s comment. ‘Or this is taking up his precious time.’ There was truth behind his words. The report on the mission at hand was filled with in-depth detail analysis that she desired. One thing was left to attend to. The possibility of Maru still roaming this earth left a burnt taste in her mouth. As much as she would’ve liked a confirmation on his death she did leave it up to Umashi on how he got the tails. Maru used to take up her own gambling deals so there was a chance they struck gold and got the trails at a small price.

‘So be it.’ Mirō thought. His blood would stain her hands and fuel her hatred into nirvana. The signal of her earpiece getting a call pulled her from her day dream and back to reality. Her eyes visibility widened, “What?! Now? Prepare the Command Center for distinct analysis.” Worry marked her face for a split second before that emotion was overtaken with certainty. “Bad news. This meeting is adjourned. You’ll be compensated for your work but as of now you’ll both be on different task.” Her red eyes fell on Ziren. “Meet with your branch Sennin immediately. They’ll discuss the details of your task.” The Main Branch Sennin… Mirō hadn’t seen her or him at all. Perhaps Ziren will have good luck upon reaching the building.

“Umashi.” Her attention fell on him. “Rendezvous with the Raikage at the capital. She requested you personally.” For what… Mirō didn’t know entirely and at the moment she’d like to have all her ANBU on hand. At the Raikage’s request she literally couldn’t refuse, not that she had intention too. Mirō rose from her chair and patted down her clothing to press out the wrinkles. With haste she made her way to the doorway, taking her leave to the Sileo Tempastes.

[Mission Success]
[Topic left unless stopped]
[Find Jin
here.]
[WC:541]

Last edited:

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
FragrantBogusHoopoe-max-1mb.gif

Intrigued, Umashi was at first taken off guard when Miro began to wrap things up only to be stopped mid thought while getting new intel. It was in that moment that Umashi realized just how rude carrying on a conversation via headset could be in a room full of people who weren't being spoken to via said headset call. It wasn't that Miro was attempting to be such, but the derailing of the topic was something that Umashi would keep in his back pocket full of tricks to throw people off. While not one to be the fan girl who needed to know it all, Umashi started to applaud when Miro dismissed Ziren and then turned to almost to the same to him. That was when he got the news that he needed to meet the Raikage at the capital.

tenor.gif

For the briefest of moments, Umashi had a mental hiccup as the instructions were kinda unclear. "The Capital . . . as in, not down the hallway but way over yonder? The same Capital that those smug politician types live at with their ever punchable faces and pompous party promenades?" Doing the mental social math for what such an opportunity could be concerning, Umashi shrugged and chuckled. "Either that sassy fox is attempting to serenade me right and proper since the Yomi is away or the proverbial dirty water just hit the fan. I mean, believe you me, I never took our fiery leader for liking dark meat if you catch my drift . . . " Musing on the thought some more, Umashi made a motion with his hands indicating a set of scales that he was trying to balance out before he came to a solution and took a deep breath, exhaling audibly. "I'll bite. If we're just going to pop bottles of champagne or if I gotta chin check some fancy types, I'm a respectable date no matter the occasion. Shoot, had you led with that news we could have been finished this meeting and I could have been shopping for something new to wear!" Joking aside, Umashi nodded as he stood up to leave and gave Miro a curt nod and then quickly exited the room.

giphy.gif

OOC: Broke posting order but I'll be out of town so I wanted to get in a post while I could. Topic left unless stopped.​

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Musojinshimokio Musoya. That was the name. It could be fruitful to pay this person a visit to hopefully get a more know-how of what I'm dealing with. But as I was musing over this, I looked over at the ANBU Sennin as she spoke into an earpiece and had ordered Umashi to meet the Raikage at the Capital. Capital? Even though I have lived here for five years, I've kept my head down for the most part, didn't bother with going too much into learning the history of Kumogakure. Perhaps there is time to change that. But for now, the Uchiha had ordered me to go meet up with my Sennin.

Normally, I won't take much order from someone when before they had shown disrespect my way, but since she has cooperated with me with talking civilized, and the way she has reacted to the call from her headset, it was urgent business. Business that will definitely need to be discussed with Midori, and hopefully she will know something as she is the Sennin.

With a sigh, I got up, pocketed the scrolls, and took my leave, heading to the Hospital... Damn... I gotta explain my transformation again....

(Topic left)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back