Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Something is Brewing [open]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hakuren sat with in the ancient forest beside a lake being fed by a river. Bottles of sake laid before her and a doll sat in her lap. Though most would consider the item a toy for small children, to her it was a tool for visualization. The plush figure represented herself and even though she has grown not to require it, she takes it just the same.

Hakuren’s brews are no normal drink; they can cause a weak minded drinker to fall under an illusion. The process of creating such a beverage has been handed down through generations and is a well-kept secret. Many have tried to copy their drinks and many have failed to truly replicate it. It is now in this place that she adds the final ingredient; the component that gives the drinks its power and separates it from the fakes. There is a reason why they call the consumption of alcohol drinking spirits. Each bottle she creates houses a piece of her spiritual energy.

To pour one’s spirit into a bottle and imbue the contents with its power requires meditation. One must have a clear mind and a calm body in order to perform this task. This is why she choice this place deep in the wilderness. The sounds of the water flowing from the river before her, the warmth of the sun overhead and the feel of the cool wind blowing through her hair, it was a place of tranquility.

With eyes closed and bottles arranged she begins to look deep within herself. She pictures her soul as a small flame within her body. It shines within her body and flickers with every heartbeat. She concentrates on her breathing taking slow deep breathes. The air mixes with the fire and fans the flame. Ever so gradually it gets bigger, hotter and brighter. The light, the light was almost tangible as it flowed through her body like little streams. As more light was put out the rivers begin to flood in excess. Hakuren places a hand above the bottles and directs the flow of light down her arm. Though invisible to the human eye from the palms of her hand she pours out the essence of her soul. One by one she imbues each bottle of sake thus giving it magical effects.

Normally she would stop there but she decides to continue. She pours her essence into the toy laying peacefully in her lap like a sleeping child. Fusing her spirit with the doll it levitates in the air. Like a puppeteer she could manipulate the figure with an invisible force. Little did she know that this was a form of ninjutsu. She always thought she didn’t know any advance elements. How wrong she was to thing as such. Hakuken stands up while remaining in her meditative stance and her doll floats before her like a training dummy. She holds her arms out wide allowing her spirit to spill out onto the grass bellow. The blades of grass float into the air and harden to be like senbon. As clamps he hand together in swift movement, the blades flew and pins the doll to a nearby tree. Then from behind she heard movement and without even a moment of hesitation she spins around and fires a blast of spiritual energy from her palms. The ball of energy was invisible even to her, but she could see the effects it had on the bush it hit. She did not know she could do that and the surprise of it made her fall out of her meditative trance. “Who’s out there? Show yourself.”

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A monster.

A monster was what Kazuma had decided to become. After all, the world needed someone brave enough to go against it and show them errors of straying from the path that nature had intended. Besides, fate had already branded him with a scar fit for a monster. It was scorched on his face, a constant reminder of a failure that he was doomed to repeat. Sacrifices had to be made… that was just the nature of the beast. Even if that sacrifice just so happened to be his own body. After all, pushing his body to the extreme was a staple in Kazuma’s training. A man with no formal shinobi training until his teenage years was forced to work 5 times as hard to catch up to his peers. He still hadn’t received the credibility, rank or honor that came with being stronger than most of his peers, but he could care less at this point in his life. Kazuma’s focus was pointed toward something far more important…

In fact, it was what led him out to the forest. The seclusion and lack of foot traffic made it a rather attractive spot for training, especially the highly specialized training regimen that Kazuma employed. What he lacked in Ninjutsu and Genjutsu ability, he had to overcompensate with his Taijutsu prowess. The man had even managed to mix in some fire and lightning style techniques with his fist, creating some rather spectacular jutsu…

Space. An almost infinite amount of space was what attracted him the most about this place. He didn’t really have to hold back as he expended chakra. The Hyuuga’s fabled eyes have the ability to see all of the points of chakra in the human body. They used this ability to study ways to weaponize their doujutsu and use their eyes as a weapon to disable the human body. After all, ninja are nothing without chakra. However, Kazuma reversed engineered their studies to find something amazing about the human anatomy. He had found 8 gigantic nodes of chakra that were only being used at about 15% of their actual ability. A person like him, that was flawed in other disciplines, took this to mean that he could truly accomplish his goal of obtaining true power.

The Hyuuga wanted to suppress chakra by closing the doors to it… Kazuma would burst these doors open and use his body to its upmost ability…

”Breath in. Breath out,” Kazuma said to himself, methodically and on repeat as each breath forced more and more chakra out of the body. The energy emanating from his body shifting the world around him. Trees began to shake, the wind began to whirl uncontrollably and the heat around his body began to rise rapidly. Kazuma was ready to try and open the first node… the first gate!

But then! A brush of energy smacked him across his face!

???: “Who’s out there? Show yourself.”

”What the fuck?!?!?!” Kazuma screamed out, rather uncharacteristically as he squinted his eyes in the direction of the energy ball. Comically shaking his fist at her, the scarred man began to stomp his feet all the way over toward her. ”Watch where you are pointing those things!” The man garbed in a reddened gi commanded, severely out of breath from the stress placed on his body.

Let the man finish next time!

[Topic Entered!/WC: 561]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hakuren was surprised to say the least to see an angry man in a red gi coming towards her. She was quickly getting the idea that she was not the only one that likes to train out in the middle of nowhere. Instead of immediately confronting the man she just looks at her hand and says, “I don’t even know how I did that.” Separating her spirit and imbuing it into items was something she does all the time, but this was different. She never shot spiritual energy like a blast of chakra before. She walks around the bottlse of sake, “I was here doing a little bit of brewing. There is a secret ingredient that my father would kill me if people found out what it was.” She then passes the doll still pinned to a tree by solidified blades of grass. “And doing some training while I was at it. I’m guessing that’s what you were doing.” She hopes that’s what the man was doing, because if he was spying on her she is not going to be happy.

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”You didn’t know???” He questioned, his voice filled with equal parts frustration and confusion as he glared at the woman in front of him. Just a misunderstanding and inopportune timing was all that this situation was. ”Ah!” The man exclaimed as he let out a long and heavy sigh before grinning with a slight chuckle. Nothing serious going on here so he figured that he might as well laugh it off. ”No big deal then, Ms. I was just close to opening it is all. It’s a pretty exhausting technique,” Kazuma explained, confirming that he wasn’t just being a creep in the forest. If that was her assumption though, one would wonder why she kept wandering out so far. Maybe his “well kept secret” was just as obvious as the sky was blue.

”I don’t blame you for looking for some solitude… especially out here. It’s nice out here to train,” he would speak calmly, subtly making eye contact with the woman to gauge her demeanor. Lips moved to the rhythm of mind but eyes moved to the beat of the subconscious. Unless a person was specifically trained to, their eyes normally told the truth before anything they could say. Just a useful protip from yours truly. ”I guess I should introduce myself before asking a favor. My name’s Kazuma. And yours is?” He introduced, extending a hand to the woman as an offer to exchange formal greetings.

”Mind if I try some? Though I supposed I should ask what it is first,” Kazuma asked politely, grinning as he gestured toward the sake bottle that the woman carried. Always the precarious individuals in Kumogakure. It was what kept the village…

“Unique.”

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“It’s Memories, childhood memories.” Hakuren hands the bottle over to him. It was a mix drink with both false surroundings and torment of physical pain. Drinking it he would risk falling under its illusionary effects and seeing the events of Hakuren’s past.

Assuming he does fail to resist the forest around would begin to fade as light dims to complete darkness. Then as the light returns to normal he would find himself in a completely different place than he was before. Hakuren still stood before him, but all the trees were gone and the time of day was different. It was still in the morning hours of the day, but the sun has risen halfway into the sky. Before them was a small round table which was in the middle of a garden of white roses. The flowers were not yet in full bloom, but their sweet scent filled the air. The weather was fair; only a slight breeze blew through the garden. On the table was a teacup that sat at each seat. Each cup was filled with orange tea. The scene was so quiet that one could hear a rose petal land into a cup of tea. The table had four chairs and three of them were occupied. In the seat towards the sun sat a teddy bear. The bear had short brown fur and his head barely reached the top of the chair’s back. The bear wore a black top hat with a grey ribbon around the bottom just above the lip. Tucked into the ribbon was a card. The card was the size of an average playing card and it said 10/6. His shadow stretched across the table to the chair on the other side. In this chair sat a stuffed white rabbit. Its left ear pointed straight into the air, while the other flopped down and covered its one eye. In the chair to the left of the rabbit sat the doll that was just previously pinned to the tree. The doll wore a light blue dress with a matching ribbon in her hair. Her hair was blonde and it flowed down her head and gently kissed her shoulders. Her skin was pale as a freshly winter snow with cheeks as red as holly. Then sudden there was running down a coble stone path that lead to the garden was a younger version of Hakuren. The girl could be no older that five and in her hand she carries a plate of crumpets.

Even if he did resist and saw none of it, he would still notice the attempt. He would have felt something pulling at his mind trying to bend his perceptions of reality. “Can you see it?” She asks curiously. “As you can tell my brews are quite special.”

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Memories?? Last time I checked, you couldn’t drink memories. Guess I’ll just have to ‘dive’ in so to speak,” Kazuma said to himself, deciding to throw caution to the wind and give these “memories” a shot. After all, what was the worst that could happen? He could die an agonizing death or vomit profusely for a couple of minutes. You know… the good stuff.

”Alright then, blondie-chan. Let’s see what these ‘memories’ are all abou,” the man giggled, mocking her for failing to introduce herself before knocking back one of these “special brews” of hers. It tasted… “odd.” Not bad but not good either. It was probably around his second gulp that he began coughing uncontrollably. Squinting his eyes and waving the bottle up in the air as if he wanted to get rid of it, Kazuma felt weird tingling sensation as if he had been blasted by a Genjutsu or maybe even poisoned by something. Slowly opening his eyes, the world around him began to shift and change into different surroundings altogether. Just what was this mystery liquid?

As the world began to settle, Kazuma began to familiarize himself with his “new” surroundings. The scene was a quiet, quaint one. There was a card game being played on a table with stuffed animals placed in chairs where people would be. The air was still filled with that morning dew, the sun gently bathed the setting in sunlight, and the slight breeze spread the scent of flowers and orange tea throughout the area. Weird… he knew what type of tea it was despite never having a sip…

Just as he was about to ask just where the hell he was, a small blonde girl gleefully ran toward the setting… crumpets in hand as if she were ready to serve food. When he saw her, he finally heard blondie-chan say something.

”Special is one word for it,” Kazuma chuckled, confused about what she wanted him to see. ”I see you… I think. She’s a lot younger bu-- Well. What do you want me to see?”

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“Just enjoy it while it lasts.” Hakuren thought this a perfect form of introduction for a glimpse of one’s childhood is sure to give a person an idea of who she is. Though the jutsu was not exactly accurate. The scenery was much lovelier than what it really was, but who doesn’t romanticize their childhood.

The little Hakuren sees Kazuma, places the plates of food on the table and runs over to the man wish a bright smile on her face. “Hi, I’m Hakuren-chan and welcome to my tea party.” The little Hakuren extends a hand to give him a handshake. Due to her small size he would have to bend down slightly to reach it. He might also be interested with the fact that he could actual touch and feel this illusion. Although the real Hakuren could not see any of this nor does she have any control over it. These gtime of illusions have a life of their own and she was curious how the man would respond to it. How one interacts with children says a lot.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back