Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Staying Afloat [ Sakurako Class ]

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Toshi maintained his composure as he could feel the effects of the jutsu. He took it like the first time he was put into a pond of water to learn how to swim.

[ Flashback ]

Toshi yelped aloud as he was thrown into the water. It was quite cold, but that wasn't what bothered him. It was his first time going out to learn how to swim. His swimming instructor only told him to keep calm. While Toshi was awaiting the instructions on the actual swimming part, he was caught off guard. He was grabbed, and tossed into the water.

He began to flail around, calling out for help as though someone was just going to jump in and save him. "Calm down and feel the water out. Become calm and sound, find the peace within your heart and mind, and use it to focus on moving through the water." Calming down was tough, as he still felt lost with this entire process. It looked as though he would either sink or swim.

Toshi started by stopping with all his flailing. He decided if he was going to drown, that he'd just let the water take him. He closed his eyes and relaxed his body, figuring he would sink to the bottom, but instead, Toshi began to float on his back. "Nice! Now use that to your advantage and make it back to shore." The boy couldn't believe he was still alive.

He began to paddle his legs slowly, feeling himself begin to drift. It took him less than a minute to figure out how to swim while floating on his back. Making it back to shore he found his legs getting back used to the land. He stood, sighing a bit and catching his breath. He didn't have long though, as he was thrown back into the water like an unwanted fish on the line of a fisher.

[ /Flashback ]

Nao's words reminded the boy of the swimming instructor. Toshi grinned as he looked to Jibril. "Was that all?" Toshi asked the tutor, feeling confident after overcoming the first mental attack. He still had to hold on to keep his balance, but he made it through the worst this technique had to offer. He stopped himself from boasting too much, as he knew it could lead to his downfall.

He continued to maintain his composure as he saw what looked like a puppy running towards him from Jibril's direction. The Untruth genjutsu at it's finest hour. "Hey little fella. How are ya?" Toshi knelt down, meeting the puppy while on his knees. "What are you doing here? I haven't seen you around before." Toshi hugged the puppy, losing his balance from the drunken feeling, and falling to the ground. He began rolling around on the ground while the pup licked his face. "Aww, come on now. No need to slobber me up pal."

While Toshi thought he was having fun, in reality he was hugging himself and rolling around on the ground. How... embarrassing. It was then that Toshi remembered Nao's words. As if snapping out of it, Toshi placed the pup on the ground, standing up as he looked down to it. It playfully jumped up to the boy, reaching for his hands as if it wanted to be played with. "Wait, when did we get a puppy?" Something wasn't right.

Toshi cleared his mind and closed his eyes. Holding his hands he formed a single hand seal. It would be his first time using this technique in a real situation. He could feel his chakra begin to stop flowing, discontinuing the drunken feeling that resided within him. He could now hold his composure without having that stumbling feeling.

He opened his eyes, but the pup was still there. Either this technique was stronger than the first, or Nao really did bring home a pup. He highly doubted the second option. Toshi looked to Jibril with a fierce look on his face. "I call you out on your second technique, as I know that this pup before isn't real!" Toshi ignored the pups banter, looking into Jibril's eyes.

---

Learning Cancel- R1

Sazuki Tsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
D-Rank
Tsuki nodded his head to Toshi's instruction not to move too much, immediately regretting the motion as his head spun again. The feeling began to wane slowly, but he still felt a bit dizzy. He watched as a little puppy ran up to Toshi, smiling at how adorable it was.

When Toshi let go of the pup and started questioning its existence, Tsuki clicked his tongue to draw the pup's attention and give it a little pet. "I don't know, Toshi...it looks and feels like a puppy." It definitely felt real...were genjutsu actually this powerful? If so, Tsuki definitely had a lot more to learn. He picked the pup up nonetheless, letting out a small giggle at the kisses his cheeks were subjected to.

[Once again apologies for the disappearance, if I take too long to respond please continue without me!]

Last edited:

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Both of them... looked towards each other... 'It's... not just me right..? They are talking about a furry... little... creature...' Jibril started to silently nod onto that. 'So far as I can see... there is no furry little creature here... I didn't even use it that high altogether... Maybe.. they are just weak to the genjutsu?' Jibril started to ask as she really started to second guess it all. He didn't even know why Tsuki picked up a cleaning mob at this case... but it seems like he did.

Once more, the adult started to pinch the bridge on his nose as he watched the two. Jibril started to focus on the one doing the better job. "You are correct... That.. is no dog..." She would confirm and stop the pup genjutsu for them. It was quite odd that both of them got the same genjutsu type in front of them. 'Would they perhaps be longing for a puppy here..? I am pretty sure we will carry responsibilities... and I am not sure these two young shinobi can mix match that with their pieces of training... especially as it will be a non-Chara dog.' On that, he was already very clear with himself.

"I do want to try out something... A different one on you Toshi- to see if you did learn what needed to be learned today..." Jibril said as the child had piqued her interest, and thus only started to focus down on him, as it seems that Tsuki was still under the drunken stupor. She murmured a few words under her breath, most likely not even to reach the ears of the kid. '1000 Years of Pain Kai'

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Toshi put a palm to his forehead with an expression that read 'I can't believe this.' He couldn't say much as he was under the effects of the genjutsu as well a moment ago. Genjutsu was quite tricky to catch on to. This particular jutsu was trouble because if one wasn't aware of what was going on, they could stay trapped within the illusion for a while. As the boy continued to concentrate on finding a way to break Tsuki out of the Genjutsu, Jibril told the two that they were in fact, trapped within another illusion.

As Jibril spoke to the boy directly, he made sure to pay close attention. He didn't want to be stuck within yet another tough illusion. He knew that Jibril and Nao was a bit tougher on him because becoming an ANBU meant that one had to be ready for combat. Getting out there and not being ready would only mean defeat for the boy. It was one of the reasons he trained so hard everyday. Toshi grinned, preparing himself for the next technique. "You can give it your all, I'm ready for anything!" The boy watched Jibril closely, staying aware of his surroundings. He wouldn't let something catch him off guard like that twice.

As he waited for the next attack, he began to feel an intense pain erupting in his rear area. The boy's eyes widened as he began to dance around the place. "Ai, what's this?" He held his heiney as he continued to yell out a few more painful shouts. Maybe this would snap Tsuki out of it. It wasn't long before the boy realized he was experiencing pain from yet another genjutsu. The boy calmed himself, still feeling the pain. With a single handseal, the boy canceled the jutsu. This time with ease.

Toshi looked to his two instructors, still a bit embarrassed from the Genjutsu he broke out of. "I think I'm going to lay down for a while after this." Toshi sat down Indian style, clearing his mind as he began to meditate.

---
[ MFT | WC: 333 ]

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
They were both amazed by the fact how quickly this child stopped the jutsu. "Not going to be mean... That was actually impressive." Jibril said a bit in awe as she would float around the child. Nao listened towards him as he would go on about laying down after it... and he started to think it might be better to tie it down. "Hm hmm... can imagine me that one." He said and would look to Jibril. "So... With the Genjutsu Cancel technique, the user is able to block the chakra flow in their body, which cancels the effects of genjutsu, even before falling to its trap. The user can also release a victim of the genjutsu by performing needed hand seals and tapping the victim.' Jibril explained to the two of them as she stopped every single Genjutsu she had cast before, even those on Tsuki.

"I will call it quits here... But let me tell you all something~!" You could already hear the mischief that was starting to come off from her words. "I can do much, much worse then that. Even some that you might not survive... so... stay nice~! You know father Christmas have a counter part too right?" WIth that... Jibril would vanish into thin air, visible shiver on Nao could be seen. "She even puts me under a genjutsu... So please don't worry too much, I will scold her if I learn that she placed two of you under genjutsu when I ain't around..." He would say and leave a heavy sigh.

"Toshi, you passed this class, congratulations on learning the Cancel jutsu along the way... Tsuki, I am sorry... But I cannot really say you passed this; so give me a good reason to pass this class and I might consider it."

[Toshi passed the class]
[Tsuki second attempt given.]

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Yeah, I wasn't trying to stay in pain. That felt really bad. I only wish I could have gotten out of that sooner." Toshi listened to Jibril explain the cancel technique. He learned that he could have helped Tsuki out as well. Once again the boy placed his palm on his forehead while closing his eyes. "Aye aye aye."

'If this were a mission I wouldn't have succeeded. I'm glad Nao and Jibril gave us this training session. In the future, when I'm actually a shinobi, I will be able to help the team assigned to work with me. I don't want to lose anyone while I'm out there.' Toshi nodded, making a mental note to himself. It seemed that he would sacrifice the success of a mission if it meant that he could save a life. Being a leader hadn't crossed his mind, but the safety of his peers is what mattered most to him.

Jibril's departing words graced Toshi's ears. He would have to brush up on his Genjutsu skills if he wanted to stand up to her. She proved that she was tough, but he overcame the chills that she gave him while learning how to maneuver out of her illusionary techniques.

Even though he passed the tutor, he felt like a failure. He failed to help his clan mate out of the Genjutsu. He knew he could do better, if only he had known beforehand. Toshi stood up and turned to Tsuki. "Tsuki, I'm gonna train even harder even for you, so when an opponent comes our way." Toshi threw his free hand back, clenching his other hand tightly into a fist. "They will be defeated! There's no way I'm going to let you lose either!" Toshi was now fired up, there was no way he was going to sleep now. Toshi began to storm off as a mist began to creep into the area. The temperature began to drop as he headed to the indoor training area. The Yuki blood within him had awakened. He was going to be up all night, once again, in one of his intense training sessions.

---
[ Topic Left ]
[ Thanks for a good Tutor, and a good RP! : ) ]

Sazuki Tsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
D-Rank
Tsuki listened to the three converse, proud of his clanmate for passing the class. It seemed that Tsuki had a lot more to learn about the world outside the cult, a weakness he wasn't surprised to have found. "I'm sorry for failing, Nao-sensei," he voiced, bowing his head. It was disappointing indeed, but at least he now understood his weaknesses.

It seems like Toshi has been working a lot harder than I have. Book smarts can only get you so far, I suppose. The realization hit him pretty hard. Tsuki looked to Toshi with a small smile, saddened to have become a burden to his clanmate. He swore to himself that he would catch up so he wouldn't be a weak link in the future. Tsuki returned his attention to Nao.

"I have a lot more to learn in the ways of this village. My last...family didn't teach me much about genjutsu. I'll be sure to study hard and make myself more aware of my surroundings so I don't fall for tricks like these again."

You are weak. You should let me handle things like this. They wouldn't stand a chance against me.

Tsuki stood up, glad that the feeling of nausea was gone. Despite this, he still felt a bit lightheaded. He blamed it on the weakness of his mind, something he would need to face and overcome if he wanted to really survive in this world. "I'm going to head to my room and meditate for a bit, try to clear my mind and learn about the genjutsu used today so that I can recognize their effects in the future."

[Class failure accepted, topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back