Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Staying Afloat [ Sakurako Class ]

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Toshi twirled, spinning more water from the lake and watering the garden. Feet planted in the water pool of the garden, Toshi spent the early mornings watering the plants. Fish swam by at his ankles, taking a nibble at his toes from time to time. The boy never had a problem with taking care of his chores. Everyday the boy would finish his tasks before the evening. It would leave him time to brush up on what he needed to know at the library.

'I wonder if I will be able to benefit the village. Being here doesn't mean much if I'm not helping in any way.' Stepping out of the pool of water the boy let the water drip from body. His pants were soggy, as were the bandges wrapped around his torso. In one motion the boy settled his chakra, draining the water from his clothes to the pool. After completing the chores his mind wandered to other topics.

Like deciding to put the village before himself. He knew he had ventures to take to keep his heart content, but he had patience. Dealing with the village's matters first became part of his nindo. Finding his nindo was a giant step in becoming a shinobi. The boy picked up his tan shroud, covering himself. He sat down Indian style on top of the lake, staying atop by intense chakra control.

Last edited:

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was fair to say, this man had a hard time getting out of bed today. For one of the very first times, not because of his illness, but because of the fact he felt lazy. He had been working extra hours at the Byoin as the tournament brought more people in for taking care and treatment. "I really should be getting up..." He said as he felt like he had placed the alarm for the second time on snooze. After all, the kids would most likely be already up and running.

Once he had dressed and tugged his hairs into a little bun, he would walk towards the kitchen to grab a coffee before sitting outside on the wooden boards to take a smoke. There he saw one of the children sitting, Toshi to be exact. "Mornin Toshi!" He had already seen him sitting on the water, but was curious as to how good the control really was in this case. By getting a shout for example like the hello he had been doing.

Sazuki Tsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
D-Rank
Tsuki let out a long yawn as he finished cleaning up in the library, having stayed up fairly late and falling asleep in the midst of his personal research. He made his way out of the library and got dressed and ready for the day, knowing he needed to get started on his chores before he did much else.

Tsuki saw that Nao was up, fixing his coffee in the kitchen. He decided he would do dishes later, making his way outside not long after Nao did. He saw Toshi sitting atop the water, and Tsuki let a curious smile form on his lips. It seemed like Toshi was putting in a lot of practice in his free time.

Tsuki knew he needed to actually start honing his abilities, but his mind was so preoccupied with the situation going on inside his own head that he barely gave anything but research and chores a second thought. Tsuki moved to sit next to Nao, another silent yawn escaping his lips as he rubbed his eyes. "Morning to you two," he spoke softly.

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
'The way of the shinobi. It takes heart. Staying solid during those rough and tough times. Keeping calm, and having an answer to the situation. Being ready for anything that comes your way. Expect the unexpected.' The few books that the boy read gave him great insight on the life of a shinobi. Though there were still questions the boy had that went unanswered. Taking each day as a new opportunity to learn was the young Yuki's ideal way to find a few answers.

Nao's voice reached the boy's ears. He lifted his right eyelid, looking to the figure in the distance. The boy became excited, quickly coming to a stand. Drops of water fell from the boy's clothing, creating ripples in the water under him. He prepared himself to take a leap, bending his knees and squatting a bit before pushing himself from the surface of the water. He landed on the soft surface of the grass. "G'Morning! The shinobi in training exclaimed quite happily. He stretched a bit, preparing his body for what the day offered.

He moved towards where Nao now sat, now noticing Tsuki as well. He gave Tsuki a salute as he approached the two. "I hope your morning's are off to a good start." Toshi now sat Indian style near the two. He trained a lot more after he was given a place to live, knowing that one of his duties would be to protect the village, but what exactly was his purpose within the village? The boy still had such questions, but what he asked Nao was something he wanted to know early on in his shinobi career. "Nao, how does one defend the village? Training is always fun, but when something actually happens to the village, like Invaders come in or something, what do we actually do? Do we just catch the bad guys and lock them up? Or do we squash them?" The boy thrust his fist into his open palm, demonstrating what he meant by squash.

---

MFT | WC: 345

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Morning Tsuki..." Nao said with a warm voice before he moved a little bit different so his smoking didn't caught Tsuki once he was outside.
"You certainly jump forward... I haven't taught you this yet, did you pick it up from one of the books, or have you gone through the academy..?" He asked towards Toshi and looked to Tsuki.

He would think for a moment as he got that question. "Hmm... That depends on the scenario... Can be a war.. Just like the first war, where every Main branch, every ANBU, and Medical was called out to defend the village. Can be with words to avoid casualties... there are many ways to defend. I guess ANBU is the one doing that all in a secret fashion.

"Squashing them... capture them... It all depends on the scenario. There.. have been times were SHinobi died, both sides. It can be an awful thing to witness, especially if that person is close to you." He would eventually put the bud of the cigarette into a tin can and look to them both. "Any idea you wish to learn..?"

Sazuki Tsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
D-Rank
Tsuki listened quietly as they spoke about defending the village. He felt a sense of loyalty to his new home, despite what little he knew about it, but there was another half to him that would make his loyalty difficult to show. Not only would he eventually have to face battles for his home, but there would be a constant war going on inside his own head until he could find similar ground with his other half.

"You said with words...like verbal agreements? Talking down a situation?" Perhaps learning how to communicate with people of different mindsets than his own could aid him in his internal battles. After all, he basically had a different person with different goals stuck in the same body. They needed to reach an agreement that could please both sides if they wanted to make it in the world.

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I took some tutoring with a lot of training, and a lot of reading." Shun definitely helped the boy move forward in his shinobi life. He found out that he wasn't the only one with the blood of the Yuki running through him. The manipulation of ice. "Those books you gave me were very helpful. Not only do I possess the blood of the Yuki, but I can use the techniques of the Yuki as well." Using the humidity in the air, the boy created droplets of ice from the air, watching each water crystal drop to the grass. Each drop melted back into water as his demonstration came to a close. "I can't do a lot now, but I'm going to continue training until I'm one of the best." He could feel his growth in the shinobi world. He could already execute a few Jutsu flawlessly.

Listening as Nao told the boy about past dealings with enemies, the boy's mind began to wonder. 'Wow! They called all the shinobi during the war? It must have been tragic. The First War...' Toshi wanted to ask more about what occured during the war. What started it? Was it a fight to the finish? But the thoughts went to the back of his mind as Nao mentioned ANBU. 'ANBU. I've seen that word in the books, but they don't speak much on it. I guess you'd have to be on the inside to know what's going on with them.' Secretive indeed.

Tsuki also caught what Nao was saying. The information was great. Tsuki noted that everything didn't have to be a fight, and rather, two different sides could come to an agreement through words. Toshi mentally noted what he could from what he heard. Afterwards, the boy would speak on what was on his mind. He didn't know if Nao or Tsuki would be surprised at the shinobi path that he chose.

"Well I plan on joining the ANBU to fight for the village." There was confidence in his voice. He made the decision as he came to the conclusion that he would die defending the village. He didn't know what Nao or Tsuki would say about his decision, but it wouldn't deter him from his goal. "I don't know how to go about enlisting with them. Maybe you can deem me worthy of being an ANBU after a few practices? In any case, Toshi would await Nao to say that he was ready before pursuing the path of becoming an actual village soldier.

Toshi stood up, the chakra within him began to flare up once more. "If you could teach us a few things to look out for on the battlefield, it would be helpful." They could see the fire in the boy's eyes.

---

MFT | WC: 470

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The name that Toshi said.. it rang a bell with him. "Hea-, I recognize that name..." he said and would hold his chin as he had to think for a second. he remembered, he was the kid who took the kunai to the knee. " I see... So he is growing up then. Hope he has been doing well, he was... one of the first ones I started to train I believe..." It had been a long while, he had to be honest in that but he would love to see that kid again someday, wondering how he was growing up.

"You said with words...like verbal agreements? Talking down a situation?" Nao turned his head as he would look at Tsuki... He would nod softly. "Yup, that is certainly the case. That moment that happens, will start in a political debate... Something that the Main branch controls these days. "

"Well I plan on joining the ANBU to fight for the village." Nao looked surprised for a moment before he would soft smile. "I know... someone, let me give them a note someday for you. Gives you something to look out for. But, you have to promise me, you stay true to yourself." He would place a hand on his hip as he took a sip of his coffee..

"Teaching a few things on the battlefield... Well... there are quite a bit of thing I could teach you, but let's narrow it down for today. Attacking, defending, or bigger picture...?"
OOC said:
Toshi... is it possible to take a different shade of blue? my eyes hurt after reading it on PC and I cannot read it clearly on my phone ^^;; sorry.

Sazuki Tsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
D-Rank
Tsuki listened as his question was answered, and he took the information in for the future. It seemed like the main branch would be a good place for him. For now, he needed to focus on the times at hand. Learn how to communicate better with his other half that was unusually dormant this morning. "Perhaps we could hear from Jibril about something? I mean, you and your contracts have been through a lot together, so hearing from someone who is used to playing as part of a team could help us learn how to work with others," he suggested lightly.

Tsuki didn't see himself getting into the battle scene anytime soon, but learning how to work with others would be essential in his approach to his future. He wanted to be able to work from the background and clear up communications to hopefully avoid conflict, but if it came to a time where battle was necessary, he would only do well if he learned how to work with his teammates.

"Otherwise, I would love to look into working towards main branch duties. I'm much better at talking than fighting," he laughed softly.

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Toshi smiled. "I wouldn't stray from the path that I've chosen. I don't know what's out there, but I will not allow anything to betray the values that I have at heart." He wouldn't let anything he faced change his opinion about his village. There were probably some that took the position and abused it's power to do who knows what. Toshi wouldn't take that route. He would stay solid as a shinobi. There was nothing more in his heart than protecting the village and helping those closest to him. He wondered who'd he'd be reporting to about that life.

"Jibril?" Toshi thought on the name for a moment. The Yuki remembered Nao speaking on having contracts. He remembered Sai, who seemed to be well mannered and quite helpful. Jibril on the other hand, was someone Toshi had only heard about. He could use this training to prove to Nao that he would amount to more than just a student of the shinobi lifestyle. "I think that's a good idea Tsuki! Learning to work as a team sounds excellent!" The boy became excited. If it was Tsuki and him working together, he would be able to learn about Tsuki's fighting style as well. Tsuki mentioned that he wanted to join the main branch, where things weren't as physical. Toshi took note of this, knowing that this exercise would bring them closer as shinobi, and as a family.

"What should we know about these contracts? I don't think it's a simple thing. Having someone that would fight along side of you through thick and thin. Being at your side, aiding you with facing the troubles of life." The boy had a boat load of questions still, but he would save most of them for when the time was right. "How did you come into contact with them Nao-Sensei?" He wondered if each shinobi was handed a contract, or if there was something more behind it. Sai himself seemed somewhat mythical. Were all the contracts like that?

---

MFT | WC: +300

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He was... honestly surprised as he heard that Tsuki wanted to be taught by Jibril... He would scratch the back of his head a little to figure out of this would be a good idea... But he would softly sigh. "I will try my best that she will not Genjutsu you both into oblivion..." He would comment and made a single set of handseals before Jibril would come from the shadow of Nao... Nao was already quite known with Jibril and Jibril hadn't been out for a while... so as a greeting, she had placed her scythe towards Nao's throat. "Master~! Why do you not call for me that often anymore~! I am getting bored...." Nao sighed heavily as he already thought this was a poor expression of her towards these two kids. "Jibril, Tsuki and Toshi, Toshi and Tsuki this is Jibril..." He had placed his hand on the blade and pushed it down, in a smooth motion Jibril moved the scythe towards her back and made it disappear.

"Nice to meet you, children, ~!" She chimed happily and would lean on Nao's shoulders as she placed her head on his head as a pillow. "So what are we doing today master~." A shiver ran across his spine, he knew damn well what a contract like her was possible... After all, they had been fighting together a few times too. Nao his eyes focussed on Toshi first. "One main thing about contracts... They all have their own personality. You do not control them, but they are ones to listen to you and follow orders..." With that line being said... His eyes darted to Jibril or rather attempted before he would look to Tsuki. "This is my Yokai contract, otherwise known for the demon... Through her story, she has been an angel before she was discovered and now is a... Flugel... if I say so correct." This was just a little background thing and Jibril started to hum happily. "Is the Kami here to today Master?" They had a rivalry going on... It wasn't as bad as one would say, but Nao shook his head. "Excursai is not around right now..." he would simply say and look towards the kids for any question they would have now.

Sazuki Tsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
D-Rank
When Jibril appeared, Tsuki was shocked to say the least. Although she looked and sounded like a friendly being, her actions seemed quite threatening. For a contract to wield a weapon at it's master's throat? It was almost comical how Nao reacted to her actions. Once the weapon was away from Nao's throat, Tsuki let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding in. His body relaxed, and the pressure that had begun to form around the base of his skull receded.

Could it have been Keiko?

Then again, his other half was definitely drawn to chaos and darkness, so it wouldn't be all that surprising if he was a bit more present at the chance of blood being spilled.

"Nice to meet you too, Jibril," Tsuki responded, a gentle smile settling on his cheeks. "Toshi and I were hoping to learn a thing or two from the both of you about teamwork, and maybe you could teach us some more about the jutsu you use as well."

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
'Genjutsu hmm?' Toshi watched as Nao completed a couple of handseals. As Jibril appeared Toshi made a mental not that she needed preparation to be summoned. She surfaced out of Nao's shadow and placed her weapon near Nao's throat. Before the boy could clench his fists, he noticed how calm Nao was when confronting Jibril. It was as if she were no threat to him. He introduced Tsuki and Toshi to Jibril, only pushing the scythe away with his hand. 'Quite dangerous indeed.'

After being summoned she asked Nao what would be doing today. Before answering, Nao made sure the two understood a thing or two about contracts. 'Sounds like your contract has to respect you before agreeing to work with you. I wonder how I could gain such respect.' Toshi would wonder.

Toshi nodded to Jibril after Tsuki's response. Teamwork and Jutsu were on the list for this training session. "What Tsuki says is true. You've probably been in fights together in the past. Is that how you found your respect for Nao-Sensei?" He wondered how they met, knowing they were close from her introduction.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Teamwork... Jutsu..?" She chimed happily and would slowly float away from Nao towards Tsuki. "You sure~?" Her words were in an asking manner to get the words yes out of it. It was then that Toshi started to speak... and you could see her starting to think for a moment.
Nao himself took the moment to see how his Yokai would react towards them but offered her time by inching into the conversation. "Jibril... do you know that if you study these two... that you also gain knowledge?" That was almost a magical word towards the Yokai, she instantly turned around to face Nao and if you could imagine a tail on her, it would be wagging a million times quickly. "Really, really?!" She chimed. "You see the both of you... She is one hungry for knowledge of any kind. Please keep that in mind... Also; she isn't always like that. I just didn't get her around for a long while." "And I took that personally!" She crossed her arms and slowly opened up one eye towards the kids.

"So I am mainly focussed on Genjutsu... I can teach you, I can show you... I can even let you experience it.." Her voice turned a bit darker on the last bit of the words and moments later would happily humm again. "Think of it as a game... get out and you win~!" She happily placed her fingertips together. "oh... and she has a gamble addiction..." Nao said quickly. "We have been in a few battles, mainly when he needs to go offensive. When he goes defensive he often gets his Kami out..." Jibril said and waited to see if they were catching up so far.

Sazuki Tsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
D-Rank
As terrifying as letting himself be subjected to a genjutsu seemed, he also saw a learning experience in it. "I'm down to take the gamble," he spoke, looking to Toshi. He needed to be sure they were on the same page before he pushed himself into this idea alone. His skills were few, his only strength lying in his book knowledge for now.

It was also a bit risky to take this bet, given that any sight of blood would trigger his other half, who he had yet to inform who not to go after. Toshi would be in danger if Keiko ended up appearing in the midst of this little game. "Only if Toshi wants to, though. I'm fine with just listening if experiencing it is too dangerous for us."

Tsuki looked back to Nao, smiling a bit. "Besides, no reason to rush our learning. I'll be down to gamble with Jibril anytime she's bored." Tsuki thought it might help her get out more often if he leaves the option open.

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Yeah Tsuki, I'm not afraid." Toshi began to stretch a bit as a warm up. "I'm sure we can survive whatever you throw our way." The boy gave a hearty smile towards Jibril.

His tone showed his confidence as he went on. "If I want to become an ANBU, and serve under the future Kage, I understand that I will be put to the test. I know that this exercise could help with our awareness when handling missions." He extended his arm, putting a fist forward. Preparing for such a great feat wouldn't be simple, but he would give it his heart.

Toshi wasn't afraid of battling a Genjutsu. He knew he would need the willpower to fight through whatever illusion he faced. He would have to show courage when things became rough. Understanding that he was working as a member of a team, success meant that he would have to make sure Tsuki succeeded as well.

This wasn't only about himself. If the two had the communication skills, and the fight to get through, he knew that they could tough it. He didn't know about Tsuki's other side. Maybe this would be a great way to understand Tsuki better. He would stay solid, not letting fear allow the two to fail. "Whatever it is, let's not be afraid of it." Toshi would say turning to Tsuki. He began thinking of a game plan for the two.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Jibril had explained as to who, what or where regards of Nao with battling. Mainly that he used his Kami and not as much as his Yokai, which she could understand to some degree, Nao was a medical specialist after all. "Jibril... no higher then C..." Nao gave a restriction for the kids, but jibril was already smiling from ear to ear. "Very well~" She hummed happily and with just a simple set of seals- the kids would be flushed with a drunk-like feeling.

Jibril was snickering on the fact that she was allowed to do this to the kids. "Nao knows a lot more genjutsu then that I do... I am limited to what I can or can't." She almost purred like and got devious little eyes. "I can go worse, but Nao's not allowing me~!" Nao sighed heavy at those words before he would scratch his head. "Not sure which one she pulled off... what are you both experiancing?"

ooc said:
She used Drunken Stupor on you both.

Sazuki Tsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
D-Rank
Tsuki had yet to actually move from his seated position, but when he watched Jibril perform her seals, his head began to spin. He felt the slightest bit nauseous, leaning heavily on his arms to keep himself upright. "My head is spinning," he mumbled out, not trusting his dizziness enough to try and stand up. Instead he cradled his head in his hands before looking up to Toshi to see how he was handling this unusual feeling.

He knew that he had experience getting through some jutsu due to his other half, but he wasn't sure if he would be able to access that training without losing his consciousness completely. Instead, Tsuki chose to face this battle on his own. He could find a way to deal with this feeling.

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Toshi could feel the effects of the jutsu as it ruffled his perception of balance. He took a few steps away from everyone, trying to gain footing as he moved. He began to stumble backwards, and almost fell as things became a blur. He caught himself while doing a backflip, landing neatly on the ground, sticking his landing. He noticed his error of moving too fast while under the effects of the jutsu. The boy caught back on to the gravity of the planet, careful not to fall again. He began to stabilize, clearing his mind with meditation, mentally fighting against the pounding in his head.

"T-Try c'learin' your head Tsuki!" The boy blurted out to Tsuki in a slur. Toshi didn't know if he sounded like a drill sergeant or a sailor after trying to aid Tsuki with his statement. It seemed that genjutsu couldn't be overcome by confidence alone. It was his first time taking on such a battle style. He didn't know how to break out of it yet, but he was learning to maintain through its harsh effects. "An' try not to move fast." He slowed down his speech, hoping Tsuki could hear him.

The boy kept his guard up. If Jibril decided to take it up a notch, he'd be ready.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He himself had no idea what held them in the grasp of Jibril… so even he had no clear idea as to what the kids were facing. The fact that they weren’t answering his question… made things a lot more difficult. This made him believe that they had to figure this out on their own.
Say… Jibril… What did you do to them..?’[/i] Nao asked through their mind communication. Jibril soon started to puppy eye her master. ’ You said to me to take it easy on them… so all I really did was a Drunken Stupor..’ Nao had to leave a small chuckle, now their movements made a bit more sense too. He was thinking about what kind of tips he would be able to give them.

Jibril was giving them time to adjust a little, before she would move around, letting them move their heads to follow her. Nao in the meanwhile would get buckets, water, and painkillers just in case. He rarely had cases that remained to have headaches or the likes, but every person was different for that matter. [i]’ You can end this one, throw them another to keep them off the balance if you wish… Just make sure it’s nothing lethal please… they are not that strong yet.’

Jibril would humm a bit and soon cast a different Genjutsu on them. Untruth... One that Nao disliked himself as it played with a lot more than just your sense of his idea... Then again, he hated Genjutsu altogether. "Toshi- I am pretty sure I learned you how to deal with these situations..." Nao crossed his arms and Jibril would float around them, occasionally trying to prod to get a reaction out of them.

Jibril would sometimes overlap the drunken stupor along with the Untruth genjtusu's but made sure that when they showed signs that it went to far she would stop altogether.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back