Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Stormy Nights

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S rank
Dark clouds brewed on the horizons, pledging nothing but winds to level even the mightiest of trees to the soil. The noon darkness along with damp air rapidly etched its way closer to the uchiha, whipping his dark hair around his face. His gaze glued to the grey sky, held by a neptune streak that forked through a cloud layer unopposed. He felt himself sink into a state of unrest, knowing what was coming next. The impending was inevitable and he could sense it nearing. He had to be prepared mentally as he was physically but that in itself was no easy task. Unlike the nagging winds that tugged at him, he was about to contend with a far greater force … or so he believed.
In the forest of death, surrounded by tall trees, Hoheto would wait patiently for the medical sennin. The thought of squaring off with her he had housed in for sometime. Hopefully she hadn't waved off his request given their level of relationship as well as the current situation in the Leaf. And even though the timing seemed off, he could amend for it by making their little spar worthwhile.

[Requesting Nagisa]

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Forest of death was always a natural habitat for her. She breathed the damp air as she walked deeper.

'You don't have to do this.' Remember your fight with Yukio.'

'I don't have to but I must. I have some pride as a battle medic left.'

'Very well. Just be gentle.'

Nagisa messed with a hair a little as the wind blew against it and soon she found the challenger.

"Hoheto is it? Yes yes. I am here now. Not used to be called for a fight, especially on of your rank if I may be bold. Still, if you wish to fight I will oblige you and hope it is a learning experience for the both of us." Nagisa would look at him as she took offer Sennin robe and hung it up on a nearby branch.

"I will heal both of us after this fight but, if I may be a little bold, I imagine you may need it more than me." Nagisa would smile a moment and her sea blue eyes seemed to light up momentarily, revealing a slightly hungry look.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S rank
In the dark of that remote place, with a salted wind howling through, Hoheto stood in the company of wailing trees waiting. He wasn't sure the sennin would honor his request but he endured still. Then, a few minutes after, on she came exuding flair.

"Yes I am he who summoned you on such short notice. I apologise for the inconveniences my request may have brought you Nagisa Sama. It is my desire to see how I measure to the greats and I believe that can be achieved through this experience." He spoke out to her with a polite tone while casting his head down in a bow. His eyes, in the aftermath trailed her arms as her robes came out undone. Standing to his full height afterwards, Hoheto watched as she put them aside. Her actions from then on revealed what every other foe Hoheto ever faced had done; underestimate the uchiha.

"That may very well be the case but I'm hoping it wouldn't come to that. I have a few tricks for your amusement or displeasure. Whichever. I'm pretty certain you won't be disappointed." He wrapped up with a smile.

With that, as if waiting for the young uchiha to conclude, carnage ensued. Jagged flashes of pure light cast a glow against the polychromatic background. And there it was, cascading in diagonal sheets in its full glory. Hoheto felt the torrential rain pour in icy sheets like needles upon his face but not for one moment did he let the medical sennin escape his sight.
[MFT]

(B Mod Called)

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Welcome to your Modded Fight!
tumblr_mzpr33U9t21tptsy9o1_500.gif

I will be your moderator for this fight! Send, in a PM, your actions and all your battle information: Stats, class, abilities, jutsu, items, weapons, etc.

When sending this information, I would prefer to have hyperlinked stuff or regular links. This greatly decreases the time it takes for a moderator to mod as it cuts down on searching.

If you feel that I may miss something, please feel free to add in a list of passives or effects that you wish to be given special attention, or just a list of all of your passives works as well, whichever.

Lets have a nice fun fight on this one, remember both of you will be under a 48 Hour time limit since the B-Mod goes up. Right now lets get ready to rumble!​
<i>
</i>

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hoheto:
Hp: 36,000 - 6930 = 29070
Cp: 37,200 - 744 - 510 - 2338 - 2338 = 31270
Status: Sharingan, Fractured heart, Sprained feet, Bleeding lvl 2
Ap: 10ap - 9ap = 10ap next round

-------------------------------------

Nagisa:
Hp: 48,000 - 7975 - 7975 = 32050
Cp: 33,000 - 700 - 2256 - 2268 = 27776
Ap: 10 - 8.5ap = 11ap next round

Round 1:

Hoheto declares a dual against Nagisa = 0 Seconds

Nagisa equips Surgions Gloves = 0 Seconds

Hoheto Activates Sharingan = 0 Seconds

Nagisa enters Liquid State = 2 Seconds

Hoheto uses a Hidden Action against Nagisa = 2 Seconds [Hits!]

Hoheto uses Raijins vengence against Nagisa = 5 Seconds [Hits!]

Hoheto Combo's into Dragon flame bomb = 5 Seconds [Hits!]
- Nagisa sets afire!

Nagisa uses Petrification against Hoheto = 5 Seconds [Hits!]

Nagisa uses Deep Blue Crush against Hoheto = 8 Seconds [Hits!]
-Hoheto bind is broken
- Hoheto suffers a fractured heart and sprained feet

Nagisa uses Cancel and dispeals Pheonix embrace! = 10 Seconds

Notes:
- please let me know if anything has been missed
.​

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nagisa quickly equipped her weapon, her surgeon's glove in a flash as Hoheto seemed to focus on her with crimson eyes. She felt the black metal gauntlet attach easily and clicked tight around her elbow. In a couple of seconds, she began to channel her natural abilities and her body began to morph into something that was not quite as solid as before.
latest

Even as she transformed, however, she felt hot which was hot sue to the fact that she was now partly water. Two attacks rocked into her one after another lightning and fire and soon she found that he mystical fire was burning her. Still, she had no time. She raised a hand an Hoheto was stopped as the ground beneath his feet rose up and stopped him in his tracks.

She tilted her head sideways and she raised an arm and water began swirling from around her into a concentrated ball of water. She aimed it carefully to her bound victim, cocked her head to the other side and fired a massive stream of water. She would find that as the water washed away the earth, blood was mixed with the water. As she did, she let out a satisfied sound and felt that her body was cooler already.

"It seems there is blood in the water." she would say her blue eyes nearly blending into the shifting waters around her body. "Your genjutsu I am afraid was effective at the time but as you can tell it no longer holds sway over me. You are better than expected I will give you that. However I think it is my turn to bring some pain. Beware, for you are entering dangerous waters."

[actions sent]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S rank
Amidst the teary clouds, so drenched he felt his weight double, Hoheto's featureless optics swirled red probing the sennin's hungry look. They observe her hands slide audaciously into metal. He stapled his vision to her frame for some seconds, watching her essence take on a new form; flesh and bone slowly morphed into living water. Remarkable! The uchiha acknowledged, but only to himself. He'd seen an array of ninjutsu during his short years but none on the scale portrayed before him. Nevertheless, the young male, keeping his cool, grasped at the opening Nagisa so unwilling presented. A twinge of uneasiness would work its way into the medical sennin, offsetting her only for a moment. Seizing the chance, Hoheto tapped into his reserves; cackles of blue electrical energy appear to roam about his figure. Blurring a series of handseals, bolts of white, hot lightning like desperate creatures waiting to escape the vicious bonds of the grey storm clouds roared as they broke the utter blackness, but just for the briefest of moments. In that violent illumination, Nagisa got dealt several blows but he was far from done. The first few seconds had been kind to him, why turn down the offer of fate? He immediately followed with a shunt of fiery flames, so defiant they traversed the soppy arena unperturbed, slamming violently onto her. Even so defiant were their ability to lick at her while in that form. A smile of content crept on his face. He had managed to outdo the sennin this time but to think she was done for was a big miscalculation on his part. When the flames trimmed, presenting what he hoped would be a defeated figure. He saw Nagisa rise from the heat like a phoenix, showing little to no signs of discomfort. Her hands above her head. For some reason he felt his joints lock in place. That smile that had been slowly dissolved into a frown, particularly because he was inches away from collision with a massive ball of water. Hoheto found himself shoved backwards by a force greater than he imagined. Tumbling in the air, he managed an acrobatic landing to the ground but he wasn't like before. The inner workings of pain lunged at his nerves as he appeared to leak warm sanguine liquid.

Blood! She made me bleed in one move? "Frightening" He confessed.

"As regarding our mind tricks, I could say the same of yours as well". He smiled, shrugging off pain as he picked himself up
"It appears the title of sennin is no joke. To think you could do this much after sustaining that much damage is worthy of mentioning." He commended. "But to say I was expecting you to let me off easy when I summoned you for this exercise would be an error on my part. Pain is a necessary tool if one is to grow and learn. So by all means Nagasi sama, go ahead. Though at this point, it would be wishful thinking to believe that I am without countermeasures wouldn't you agree?"
MFT
Actions sent

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hoheto:
Hp: 29070 - 720 = 28350
Cp: 31270 + 1116 - 744 - 1314 - 3043 - 2805 = 24480
Status: Sharingan, Fractured heart, Sprained feet, Bleeding lvl 2
Ap: 10ap - 10ap = 10ap next round

Nagisa:
Hp: 32050 - 1650 + 5150 - 1664 = 33886
Cp: 27776 + 660 - 700 - 560 - 560 - 2750 = 23866
Ap: 10 - 8ap = 11ap next round

Round 2:

Hoheto activates Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan = 0 Seconds

Nagisa puts out the fire! = 0 Seconds

Nagisa uses Barrier = 1.81 Seconds

Hoheto does a hidden action against Nagisa = 3 Seconds
- It's blocked by the barrier!

Nagisa uses Rain dance = 3.62 Seconds

Hoheto uses Amplifier against Nagisa = 6 Seconds [Miss!]
- Barrier is Broken!

Nagisa uses Regeneration on herself = 6.34 Seconds

Hoheto uses Vaporisation against Nagisa = 9 Seconds [25% partial hit]

Notes:
- Partial hit modified

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nagisa smiled at the shinobi's taunt. Hook line and sinker. She cocked her head once more and they both moved at lightning speed. As Hoheto's eyes seemed to become more intense, crimson with black spirals versus her sea blue eyes, Nagisa allowed the water surrounding her to put out the flame on her body. Even as this happened, her hands began to move at super fast speed and a barrier of what looks like shadow.

'That should buy us some time.' Nagisa thought as she began to focus herself. She saw the barrier crack a little as something invisible hit it. That did not distract her as Nagisa began to dance and as she did so the rain coming down even more as a dounpour. For her, it was bliss to feel the water flowing on her skin and clothes. Yes this was her element.

Her final steps saved her from another attack aimed at her as her barrier broke. As she came to a halt, she would stare at Hoheto and a deep green energy wraps around her. She did not flinch as he sent a large fire blast at her. Nagisa smiled at Hohego and held up her black gauntlet. As the fire blast came towards her, at the last moment she turned her arm and the majority of the fireblast careened into a tree near her, charring it. The attacked made her gauntlet heat up and where the gauntlet met her skin swirling with water, steam hissed violently and although Nagisa felt the burn of some of the attack she felt better than she did earlier.

"Very Good. I am afraid I had to use a little deception there. I am glad you holding your own as it would be boring otherwise. And Yes, I am sennin for a reason because I am strong but I look ahead. What will my next attack be if there is an attack? Can you read my movement? Those crimson eyes see a lot but do they see all? One way to test it."

[actions sent]
ooc: What is playing during this round especially during rain dance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXgKubNksQ0

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S rank
A flash of lightning fissured the dark grey sky, revealing a substitute pattern in his eyes at the sound of a resounding thunder. That warm feeling around his optics suddenly displaced by something much intense both in feeling and color. With his new eyes, he gave a cursory glance at the med nin as if to discern all truths about her but in those seconds, little did he find. When his inspection ended, he leapt at the sennin sans so much as a warning with a mental assault, trying to pry his way into her psyche once more but this time it backwashed in futility. A physical barrier she'd set up in place thwarted his advances, shutting him out while soaking up all of the damage. Remarkable the uchiha marveled for a second though her little trick did seem to stab at him, coercing his annoyance to take the form of a blast of rolling flames that charred the earth in its wake. Hues of red saturating the terrain with their wrath and fury, refusing to be contained and condemned, prompted a muffled but ground-heaving detonation that shattered her defense. An opening Hoheto thought to himself. Straightaway, he conjured a larger blast that spiralled its way to her. Nagisa on the other hand, managing to somehow remain on her feet line drove the fire ball into a tree like a fine batter in a baseball game. Thousands of windblown embers took flight like fireflies lighting up the night sky but only for a moment as the rain ensured their getaway was short lived.

"I must admit you had me fooled with that act. countermeasures I'd thought to every possible move you were likely to make but not this. To think you'd result to such subtle yet effective tactic shows the gulf of experience between us. Yet … I am capable of much more." Hoheto paused. "These eyes see all the light in this world but not the contents of your mind but also are you blind to mine. You should look over your shoulders as well."

MFT

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hoheto:
Hp: 28350 - 720 - 12375 - 7218 = 8037
Cp: 24480 + 1116 - 744 - 392 - 935 - 547 = 22978
Status: EMS, Fractured heart, Fractured Feet, Sprained Neck, Sprained Head, Bleeding lvl 2
Ap: 10ap - 8.25 = 10ap next round

Nagisa:
Hp: 32222 - 1690 - 1650 - 3407 + 5150 = 30625
Cp: 23866 + 660 - 1375 - 700 - 1650 - 1815 - 2700 = 17661
Ap: 10ap next round

Round 3:

Hoheto uses Grand Waterfall against Nagisa = 2 Seconds
Nagisa uses Body Switch!
Hoheto Attempts to Stop Body Switch with Adaptive counter! [Misses]

Hoheto does a hidden action against Nagisa = 5 Seconds [Hits!]
- Nagisa is aware of the real Hoheto!

Hoheto uses Torrential Vortex against Nagisa = 7.5 Seconds [Hits!]

Nagisa uses Water Dragon against Hoheto = 7.72 Seconds [Crits!]

Nagisa uses Deep Blue Crush against Hoheto = 7.72 Seconds [Hits!]
- Hoheto's Head is Sprained
- Hoheto's Neck is Sprained
- Hoheto's Feet are Fractured

Nagisa uses Vanishing World against Hoheto = 9.53 Seconds [Misses!]

Nagisa uses Cancel = 10 Seconds

Nagisa is still aware of Hoheto!

Notes:

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nagisa cocked her head. He was bold. Indeed hubris was the downfall of many shinobi. Nagisa was not that foolish. She was good. Compared to her fight with Yukio, this was going better than expected and some of the self-doubt she had from that fight that washed away.

Then Hoheto decided to use water jutsu. Something about this attack seemed to annoy her more than usual. It was… sloppy. She saw the attack coming and while she knew it would not hurt too badly if she took the hit, in a moment a wooden target was being washed away. In that moment of arrogance, she made the mistake of looking at this Uchiha and suddenly there were more of him. Still, Nagisa would pay attention and notice that one of the Hohetos was bleeding. The blood hitting the ground stained the grass while the other bleeding Hoheto’s blood did not leave a mark on the ground. That one. Again, she wasted time and she was hit with a water jutsu. It did not hurt like hers did and it annoyed her again. She thought that it would be time to show her strength in water jutsu.

Her two hands were raised and pointed at the real Hoheto. The swirling water on her body intensified and the rain around them both seemed to be drawn towards her body. Without saying a thing, without a warning, The Oncoming Storm attacked. From one hand, a giant water blast in the shape of a dragon burst forth and the other hand a familiar massive stream of high pressured water. Both slammed into Hoheto knocking him back. Nagisa slammed her hands together and as she slowly opened her palms, a glowing ball of water appeared swirling around at high speeds.

Was it hesitation or was it Hoheto’s ability that caused the attack to miss? Still, as attacked whirled passed, it was a couple of seconds afterwards that there was a massive explosion of water in the distance and she heard trees fall in the distance. Looking at Hoheto, Nagisa made a decision. There was no reason to continue this.
She relaxed her stance and the liquid form faded.

“There is no need to continue this. You are injured and I have a feeling that if that last attack hit you, you would not be standing here conscious. You did well but I would warn you of being prepared. Genjutsu is well and good, but once an opponent knows you use it, it is easier to counter. Even now I can see multiple of you but I know which one is real. Now, please drop your jutsu and I will heal us both.”

Nagisa would wait until the genjutsu was lifted before moving forward. She would caster medical jutsu on both of them. Hoheto’s fractured areas and cuts would slowly heal until they both were feeling better. Nagisa would hand Hoheto one of her energy drinks used to heal chakra. Nagisa would finish hers off quickly and crush it in her gauntlet covered hand with ease. She would just smile at Hoheto, wondering what the leaf shinobi had to say.

[bmod ended. Thanks Yukio]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S rank
As cocky as it may have seemed, his words weren't spurred from arrogance—just a strategy he employed and hoped would offset the sennin's thought process, seeing as he had her on the defensive. Save for his injuries, everything seemed fine at this point, he needed only but a reaction, however little to confirm the success of his little ruse though waiting for it to happen wasn't an option. Seizing the next few seconds, he wove and invoked tremors, unleashed in the form of powerful waves that roared toward the sennin. On the other end, streaks of red dazzled in a blur of motion as the uchiha raced to intercept Nagisa's substitution technique though missing out by a fraction of a second. She was gone and in her place, lay drifting, a dummy made of wood. Hoheto quickly spun on his heels to find the medic behind him. His fiery red gaze locked with hers and instantly there were more copies of him as he routinely guided a vortex of water her way. Perhaps she was distracted in that instance but he watched her bounce back. Had it not been for sloppiness on his part, owing to fatigue and blood loss, and her lightning quick reflexes, her attacks might have shattered his bones and ended his life. But he spun at the moment of impact, evading what would have been the finishing stroke that followed immediately after. Though he incurred quite a lot of damage to know he was done for. He groaned and puffed as the sennin enunciated what he already knew.

"We can agree on that. I came here with a false sense preparedness thinking that I could hold my own against you but you've displayed a gulf in class between us and it amazes me still. Even now I wonder how you were able to decipher the real me given you were victimized by my illusion. It would seem that there is still so much I have to learn Nagisa sama. May I request something of you?"

His eyes spun back to their featureless state, dispelling the genjutsu he placed on her as the other versions of himself seemingly vanished into thin air.

MFT

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nagisa would look at Hoheto carefully.

"Blood. Look at the ground what isn't washed away. Only the real you was bleeding and leaving a mark on the ground. Your visual clones were bleeding but not leaving a trace. I am not a novice when it comes to genjutsu but I imagine you are much better at it with those eyes of yours. It is because those eyes exists I taught myself the ways of genjutsu. If you know your enemy and know yourself, you will win all battles. Now, what is it you wish to ask of me? And make sure to drink up. I know you used a lot of chakra." Nagisa would say as she looked Hoheto up and down, judging the shinobi in front of him with her sea blue eyes.

'What do you think of him?'

'None of your business.'

'It is both of our business as you well know.'

'I know but sometimes I miss having a mind to myself.'

'And I miss my body and my husband.'

'I know. I know... No reason to guilt trip.'

'Then we understand each other. What do you think of him?'

Nagisa sighed internally.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S rank
The wounds Nagisa's water jutsu had inflicted to his neck, head, heart and feet had healed with her angelic touch but the faint scars that remained on his slender figure would serve as a reminder of the events that transpired this day. Without questioning her gift, he popped open and drank of the content in the can before saying anything. Suddenly his mind was clear, and his body felt strong and rejuvenated. He could now speak in a clearer tone without the feeling of pain.

"Impressive. I'd to that to heart for next time." He commended before commenting further

"I wish to grow Nagisa sama and my innate desire has led me to new path—one I would not be able to thread without your permission. If it isn't too much to ask, I wish to become a medic like you to further develop my potentials as a shinobi of the Leaf. We seem to be lacking those these days and with you spearheading the branch I reckon you could facilitate my transition to the medical branch."

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nagisa would one eyebrow. Slowly, she would begin walking around Hoheto examining him. She would speak slowly and carefully.

"That is something. But I wonder if you have what it takes? You will have the power of life and death over people. It is your responsibility to keep them alive. In a squad you are there to support the squad and heal them accordingly. You are to be the one to withdraw last. Being rash will get your team killed. You will have to show more tactics than this fight showed me. Also by joining my branch, I will treat you as family. I will train you and reward you when you do well and scold you if you mess up. So long as you work towards the betterment of Leaf you will have my support. So tell me, do you accept my conditions? Will you join my family?

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S rank
Hoheto bobbed in agreement.

"I can well imagine your lack of faith me ..." A huge cough interrupted his speech as the uchiha cupped his hands to his mouth which shielded the mixture of spittle and blood drawn from his lips.

"My brash actions were stemmed from the orientation of the main branch enshrined in me and several others through discipline where we as the Leaf's first line of defense were taught to contain the opposition at whatever cost as you have shown to not know. Moreover, such power as you have rightly described could in the wrong hands wrought despicable acts. But I, having endured my first lesson that I am certain won't part with me ever devote myself wholeheartedly to your counsel even as I promise to adhere to the rest your teachings. No matter the terrain, wherever you lead I will follow Nagisa sama."

His head inclined in a bow at the latter end of his discourse. If Nagisa eventually took him in, this would usher in a new era in his life, one that wasn't particularly pleasant even though it was what he wanted at this point. Like fish out of water he would be taking a leap into the unknown and the thought of leaving behind friends and the people he'd come to recognise as family in the main branch raced through his mind. Up until today, the main branch had been something Hoheto preferred above the other branches but with the night's raging storm came the winds of change and like the wailing trees dancing to their tune he too found himself powerless to their effect.

MFT

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nagisa would once again look Hoheto over.

"Then I accept your offer Hoheto and name you a medical shinobi. As such, I think you should head directly to the hospital to get acquainted with our policies, staff, and start working on your medical jutsu. You have a lot to catch up on as I imagine some of the MiT know more medical jutsu than you. Now, you are mostly healed minus your chakra supply so you should be stable enough to go. I will be along shortly."

Nagisa would dismiss him and after a few moments, she would simply walk around the battlefield they had created and marred. She would use her water jutsu to smooth out the ground. She would reveal in the pounding rain and it made her feel complete. When she was finally done, the ground has been cleared and smoothed, the water washing away the fight as water is liken to do.

She would head towards the hospital deciding that her new recruit needed much guidance.

[topic left]
[rank of medical shinobi given to Hoheto]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S rank
Still inclined in a bow with his eyes still set on the muggy earth, a hush seemed to fall over the uchiha for a while as he all but inhaled the moment deep into himself. It somewhat pleased him to know that his plea had not fallen on deaf ears with images of the future playing in his mind; the thought of being able to mend the physically broken and restore hope to the depressed came with some form of ecstasy, though he was far away from achieving that. For now he had to study all things medicine which demanded his time in years in order to properly acquaint himself with all its practices. When he was done appreciating those few seconds, Hoheto spoke with renewed urgency.

"Very well then I will be gone at once. But before that, thank you for your faith and the opportunity that has followed. Be rest assured that I will do my best to ensure your decision this day doesn't end in disappointment."

He raised his hands and held them out in appreciation, then picked himself up as he strode away from the forest.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back