Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Stranded in an Ocean of People [Open]

Moriko Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The sounds were deafening. The lights were blinding. The smells were intoxicating. Everything was overwhelming. But she loved every bit of it. 
<i>
</i>
The dense sea of people rushing past drowned the small nine-year-old, but her size came to her aide in terms of moving among them. Shiori had rarely been outside of her small home with Kaede, and the refreshing taste of freedom enticed her out of the room the Academy gave her. As ridiculous as it might sound to others, this was the first time life allowed Shiori outside on her own, let alone traveling unaccompanied in such a bustling district.  And the young child was going to absolutely take advantage of this newfound freedom even if it meant going against the Kaede-inspired thoughts in her head. 

The barefooted tranced child wandered the streets, never turning back to keep track of where she was before. The smells of the many clubs and restaurants filled her nostrils, and like Pavlov’s dogs, practically drooled at the mere smell of cuisine. Then her eyes landed on something that reminded her of home: a few stands outside a shop adorned with towers fruit and other goods. The intimacy of her home replaying in her head, she approached a nearby cart and removed a juicy fruit from it, moving to take a bite out before something grabbed her wrist. 

“Hey kid, you gotta pay for that.” 

A hoarse voice whispered a snarl at her, and Shiori met the eyes of a middle-aged woman, the ‘that’s my shit’ aura radiating off of them. She never learned that she had to pay for things; she tended to space out when her older sibling spoke of finances. The child stammered dumbfounded before the woman forced the fruit out of her hands and back onto the stand. “The next time you want something, bring your parent’s cash, eh?” 

Shiori’s face flushed, avoiding eye contact and retracting her arms into the comforts of her clothing. Being publicly reprimanded was new, and the uncomfortable kind of new. Was this a normal thing? Shiori clearly didn‘t know, and stepped backward, blending back into the crowd. “Sorry, miss. I will…” 

She turned back around towards the way she came… well, was it the way she came? Her blue irises darted about, her brain slowly realizing that she did not understand where she was and where to go. Shiori gritted her teeth, feeling a slight panic festering in her mind. Although Kaede never directly said it during their parting words, she knew her sibling was right; She was an absolute mess without them. Her form slunk towards a stone wall, leaving a space between the sea of people and the child. The world around overwhelmed her, but not in the way she was before. Shiori’s back pressed itself up against the wall, finding solace in its solidity when everything else was unsure, and froze there for god knows how long, with many not paying any mind to the blank-faced nine-year-old. 
[WC: 510]<i></i>

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryuichi was like a chore dog for the tea house he called home due to the nature of his abilities. Whenever emergency supplies for the shop needed picked up, or advertising needed to be done he was the go-to choice, because of his multiple bodies. One could stay behind and help while the other went off to do the bidding of the mighty teahouse overlords that he needed to appease

So right now, while his other body was busy boiling water and making sure messes were cleaned on time, his original and main body was within the streets if the dawnbringer plaza in a run to get some more rice noodles, and fresh fruits.

Of course, having lived in kumo for his entire life, Ryuichi had no trouble going through the crowds of people and mayhem to reach his destination and buy what he needed to.

However, through the crowds of people all with a set goal in mind, one stood out. A boring, plain looking girl that looked like a deer in the headlights. While Ryu didn't exactly go out of his way to help others for things so mundane, she was far too young to be alone in a situation like this... 'Plus, if she gets trampled...death toll goes up, and that means more patrols.' He thought to himself as he walked towards her.

After shifting through the crowds and eventually reaching the girl, he simply gazed down at her with his alien rippled eyes, and overall eerie appearance. His right hand had a bag full of noodles, and fruits while the other was raised slightly to gesture a have wave.

"You look lost. Don't do that." He said to her before sighing. "I mean....where are your parents? Did you lose them in the crowd?"

[topic entered]

Moriko Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shiori couldn‘t even count the time she had spent just watching people pass by. What was she even standing there for? All she did was watch the people passing by as if they had the answer to her question of how to get back to her academy accommodations. Of course, it seemed no one paid her any mind, which didn‘t surprise her but still made her throat close up like a bear trap. The cold whipped about the plaza, nipping at her skin. It was a cold she was used to, sure, but it doesn’t mean it didn‘t make her feel isolated. Everyone else was preoccupied with their own day-to-day tasks to even give the little girl the time of day. 

All but one person apparently. As their feet crunched the snow below them, Shiori eyed the figure approaching her. Kaede always told her to be wary of strangers, and his odd appearance made that desire to keep away ever so slightly increase. She hadn’t been around many people, but something in her gut told her that his looks were unique to him alone, and that weirded her out. Had she been out here too long to the point of hallucination? And why was her hallucination carrying bags of regular, mundane things? Curious.

“You look lost. Don’t do that.”

She tilted her head up at the figure, confused. How was she going to stop looking lost? She supposed that for that to happen, she would have to become un-lost, but she didn‘t even know how to do that. She stammered, trying to open her mouth to speak before being interrupted by a deep sigh. “I mean… where are your parents? Did you lose them in the crowd?”

Shiori’s doe eyes made their way back to scanning the crowd, as if she‘d find her father or Kaede in the ocean of souls. But no luck. A few short seconds had passed until Shiori realized she didn‘t speak back to her questioner. She avoided eye contact (because in all honesty, his eyes made her shiver more than the cold) and spoke softly through her desire to keep her mouth shut. 

“I think I lost myself, sir.” Her right foot dragged in the fallen snow, her hands fidgeting, continuing, her voice a bit louder now. “I don’t know how I can be found, though. I don‘t think those academy people know I’m out here….” 

Her eyes lit up; Maybe the strange hallucination/man knew where the academy was? Hallucination or not, they were the first to approach and the first to care. She stepped forward, eyes twinkling. “Do you know how I could get unlost?” 
[WC: 441]<i></i>

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Those eyes were...way too big, and cutesy. Of Ryu had been less solid, and cold with his outward appearance he would have been swift to smother the small child with a hug and sweet phrases of how it'll be alright. However, he was better than that, and knew better than to randomly hug lost children.

The boy simply sighed once more, and looked up to see the usual looming clouds of Kumo blocking the sun, and making it tough to tell the time at a glance. He looked down to the girl once more to find them avoiding eyesight, as most people generally did if they lacked the knowledge of the rippled doujutsu. Hell, even some people who knew about it found it unsettling. Top it all off with his pale skin, and small black protrusions of metal material sticking out of various body parts, and you got one weird looking guy.

Regardless, Ryu didn't want to leave the girl here alone. He decided to take a moment to think, and compile what she said...Lost herself? Well, she must not have come here with others...something about the academy came up after that, and Ryu simply snapped a finger. "Ah. I can point you out towards the academy. Could you find your way at that point?" He asks, being sure to give a small grin in an attempt to make his weird appearance not as jarring to the youth.

Moriko Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The hallucination(?) sighed and looked upwards, and Shiori followed their gaze. The clouds that seemed to constantly loom over her beloved town seemed to collect in greater in numbers, and she scowled at them as if she could intimidate them away. She wasn’t sure what he was looking for, but the clouds rarely gave answers to questions except one: was it going to snow soon? And that answer would come quickly if she didn‘t get back to her accommodations soon. 

Her eyes trailed back down, still avoiding the figure’s facial features. A tinge of guilt seeped into her brain; They had been nothing but nice to her, yet she couldn’t even be courteous enough to keep eye contact. As a short silence passed between the two, she kept eye contact with the rest of them. Although the rest of him didn‘t exactly fit the mold of a “regular person”, it made sense…? All of his weird features seemed to flow well together, and that somewhat comforted her; if he was a hallucination, at least her imagination knew to make them stand out of the crowd. Her eyebrow raised in her deep thought. Why didn’t she didn‘t see her imaginary friend before going to the academy? As far as she knew, Kaede would have liked to meet him, even if she couldn’t see him. 

Before she could think about it any further, a snap brought her back from her little mind palace. “Ah. I can point you out towards the academy. Could you find your way at that point?”

Her nose scrunched up, thinking for a moment, her thoughtful gaze turning towards the ever-growing crowd. A flash of panic crossed her features; It wasn‘t that she wouldn‘t be able to find her way, it was that she didn‘t trust herself to get there without getting distracted or lost. She turned back to her grinning friend, a lop-sided smile of her own resting on her face. Shiori kept her eyes trained on his face this time, a smile growing on her; she could get used to seeing them around.

“Is there a way you lead me back, mister? I’m scared I will get lost again. This town is slightly bigger than I expected…” As a nervous tick, her left hand scratched her left cheek, her eyes returning to the crowd with an awkward chuckle. Maybe she was asking too much and felt like she was inconveniencing them, an imaginary friend or not. 
[WC: 424]<i></i>

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Just slightly?" Ryu said, before shrugging lightly. "If you look at it from this perspective....maybe." He would finish before looking into the crowd in a mess of thought, trying to remember where the academy would be from here, considering the boy hasn't been there in well over 4 years. In time, he would remember that there was a way to go to the hilltop where the academy stood.

"Yeah. I can take you." He said plainly before putting his bags on the ground. "Stand back. I need to get myself a carrier." He said, before sticking the skin between his left thumb and index finger into his mouth. With a painful looking bite, and a jerk of the hand, a wound had been open and a thin line of blood quickly filled his left palm. He slapped both hands together to the effect of causing smoke too appear in front of him with a loud 'poof' sound, and the shocked expressions of the crowd when it cleared to reveal...a small, blue, bipedal otter with shells stuck to it's hind legs.

"Mizuko. Could you do me a favor and take my groceries home?" Ryu said, not really paying attention to whatever the girl would say, or the blood coming from his hand. The beaver rubbed it's eyes with closed paws, before darting it's vision around to get a grasp on their location. "We in the plaza?" It asked with a high pitched, scratchy voice. "Can't fool you, map expert." Ryu responded, before the otter scurried to his feet to throw the bag over his shoulder, gave a thumbs up to the boy before running into the crowd.

Ryu then looked back at Shiori, then into the crowd. "Do you have the time....erm...." He said, having never gotten a name. "Right, introductions. To ease tensions, and such. My name is Akaime Ocha. Main branch genin" He said to her with a small wave, having thrown out his alias name, and rank. Really, he should have warned the girl before making an otter appear out of nowhere...hindsight is always 20/20 they say.

[summoning Mizuko, then he leaves unless stopped.]
502-Dewott.png

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back