Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open Strawberry Flavored Dango

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Here ya are kid. Don't eat it all at one time." Toshi looked away from the different families and individuals conversing and playing in the park. A few people stood at the observation deck with smiles. Great moods and a kind aura was the atmosphere at the moment. Even the weather wasn't so bad. It was warm, but not stuffy or too humid at all.

Coming back from the vendor with a wide grin and closed eyes, Toshi would offer Hikaru two of the Dango sticks that he purchased from the vendor moments ago. "They are strawberry flavored." Being atop of the Hokage Rock Monument was amazing. He never thought he'd stay in such a village, let alone, one with a huge mountain with the Kage's faces etched into the side. Toshi knew that this was a blessing, something he learned from one of the books he read back at the Clan House.

Such a view of the village from the observation deck was breathtaking. He was as close to the clouds as he'd ever been. He remembered Nao's words as he looked at the fluffy white pillows in the sky. "It's almost as though they talk back to you." Toshi said aloud, not really looking for a reply. He only smiled as he looked to the country, able to get a full view of the Leaf Village. He knew if he ever got lost, that this mountain would be his guide to finding his way. The park atop the rocks were a plus. "Thanks for taking out the time to bring me here Hikaru." Toshi muffled between bites of his own Dango snacks as he looked Hikaru's way.

[ Flashback ]

Finally, his chores were taken care of, and it was still early in the day. The sun just began to peak at the village, lighting the outside just enough for the roosters to begin their morning shouts.

Toshi knocked on the door of Hikaru's home. He wondered if she was still in or not. He hardly bothered her much. Maybe a question here, or to relay a message from Nao there. But nothing too personal. Though Toshi wanted to know each of his clan mates personally. Not because Nao instructed him that this was key, but because he felt that Sakurako was family. Getting close to, and understanding them was a job of an elite, or so Toshi made it that way as he awaited Hikaru's answer from his knock at her home.

[ /Flashback ]

"I don't know who would want to harm such a seriene scene. It's one of the reasons I take pride in staying here." He took the last bite of his snack, letting out a "Yep" before disposing of what remained of his meal. He would look out to the village once more, wondering of Hikaru's story, and what led her to join the Sakurako Clan.

"Hikaru, why did you choose to become a shinobi of the village?" The emerald eyed boy asked, the curiosity in his voice was quite noticable.

[ Topic Entered ]

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hikaru felt the sun on her face as she opened her eyes, limbs sprawled comfortably over the disheveled bed, and rose carefully. She had become acclimated with waking up to blindness over the past month, although it once again surprised her a bit now that Ukabu could lend her sight for short periods of time. The Medical Chief stretched and yawned. She mulled over her shorter dream-conversation with the Jinchuuriki spirit from the previous night; now that he had woken from his dormant state, it seemed, Ukabu became just as tired as she did. He was responsive now, but they didn’t talk directly much anyways- sensing the other’s emotions and the world around them was usually enough.

Her ears picked up a knock at the door from downstairs. Teru always let herself in, and she hadn’t heard from her father yet, so it was probably another of the residents of the Sakurako clan complex, Toshi or maybe Nao. She had gotten up pretty late… pulling a robe on over her t-shirt, Hikaru descended the stairs and answered the door. With a quick mental nudge in Ukabu’s direction, her eyes flashed blue for a brief moment, enough to identify her visitor by sight rather than waiting for a voice. “Hi, Toshi!” she smiled, “What’s up?”

Hikaru concentrated on the warm breeze passing by as she struggled to maintain the ‘Elemental Manifestation: Stage 2’ technique that allowed her to borrow her spirit’s senses. The full jutsu, bright glowing eyes and all, required a decent amount of contribution from Ukabu as well as chakra, which meant she had to reserve it for emergencies and combat scenarios when she truly needed the enhanced perception. For everyday use, though, she wanted to develop something lighter just to navigate the world a little better. It was difficult to maintain a steady level of control; fortunately, she could practice it anywhere, which was exactly what she did while they were waiting for their dango.

The Medical Chief acquiesced at the sound of footsteps signifying Toshi’s return, stopping the technique for a moment and holding out her hand to accept the sticks of dumplings. “Excellent! Strawberry, good choice.” She was happy to spend some time with the boy; she felt like she owed him for barging into the clan with her personal problems, in a way, and she wanted to get to know her clanmates besides that. “No problem, Toshi. I’ve had less and less free time as Medical work has been picking up again, so I’m glad I could spend this on something worthwhile!”

The food was delicious. Hikaru returned to adjusting chakra flow to her eyes as she ate, catching glimpses here and there of the fantastic view of the village from atop Hokage rock. She nodded in response to the boy’s wonderings, moving to dispose of her sticks as well, and as she did so she took a moment to stretch again. Being a jinchuuriki was like raising a child, in a way: one got more and more sleep as time went on.

“Why did I choose to become a shinobi? That’s a good question… hmm.” She gave herself a moment to think, coloring her eyes to look at Toshi. “I had wanted to be one for about as long as I can remember, thanks to my father. He raised me on stories of my mother’s bravery and heroism as a kunoichi, and I guess they stuck! I also suppose I’ve grown fond of having a job to protect and help people, especially in the Medical Branch, since that’s what I’ve always envisioned shinobi doing.” The Mednin grinned. “So, what about you? What’s your story been like so far?”

Topic entered!

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
It was a sight that was rare these days. Engrossed in her own area in the midst of paperwork or something else, Soku barely found time these days to be out for a stroll especially during the daytime hours. She was either tied up dealing with some village matters or off to the Academy for some errands. Whatever it may be, Soku had gotten considerably more busier perhaps even moreso than her tenure in the ANBU. They hadn't been lying when they said the role of a Sennin was one that was certain to work you to your last limb though a break every now and then couldn't hurt, could it?

This was one of those mental health breaks she had chosen to take. Dressed in some royal white robes with a metal golden leaf pinned to her robes that indicated her symbol of office, it was her choice of public attire when she knew she would be going out in the village. Usually, Soku didn't like being the spotlight but in a situation where people tended to flock to you like sheep waiting to answer their questions, she found that you had to be easily accessible and this was one surefire way of doing that.

She nodded and smiled to a few muttered greetings her way as she slipped out of the office scaling her way to the observation deck where it overlooked the Hokage Rock and the village below providng a breath-taking scenery. One of the vendors made haste on insisting she take a treat but the woman held up a hand. "Not today, my friend. I'm in the need for some reflection." She said smiling walking forth resting her elbows on the railing staring up at the faces of retired Kage either retired or deceased. Out of them, only a few were familar ranging from Umashi, Takeshi and now Asuka, all were leaders in their own right and all had left a mark to be remembered.

The familiar signs of conversation reached her ears and she tilited her head a bit interested to see two individuals deep in converstation, something about shinobi and whatnot. One was familar, Hikaru who had risen through the ranks perhaps even moreso than her, a thought that made her smile as her ears attempted to pick up on what they were talking about drumming her fingers as she stared up at the sky as it brought a sort of inner peace to her. "And she certainly is one of the finest kunoichi the Hidden Leaf has to offer to date, good day." Soku added smiling choosing this moment to join their converstation.

"Pardon, hope you don't mind me butting in."

[Topic entered]

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Listening to her answer as he looked into her beautiful glowing eyes, Toshi thought back to the day she entered the clan home. He understood that her battle was fierce being a jinchuriki. He knew that she was a great kunoichi from listening to Nao talk about her. But hearing her explain her beginnings came from looking up to her mother gave Toshi another way to see her. That came with respect, as he could only wonder what his mother and father were like. He wondered if her mother was deceased, being that she came to live in the Clan House. Maybe that would be a story for another time.

A voice that the boy couldn't distinguish edged into the pairs' conversation. Toshi looked towards the one complimenting Hikaru, noticing a woman dressed in a beautiful robe. He studied the outfit, gazing at the golden leaf on her robe before speaking up. "No, not at all. It's fine." The boy said with a smile. Toshi decided to answer Hikaru's question, thinking it was only fair as she gave a bit of her own backstory. He kept in mind that the royally dressed woman was listening to the two, but that wouldn't stop him from explaining his welcome into the Leaf Village.

"So far, I've learned that it's not about the power that you have as a shinobi, but what you'll use that power for in the shinobi world." Toshi hoped he made sense as he continued to further explain himself. "I came from a small home just outside of the village. I didn't know that my abilities were chakra related, instead, I thought I was just... weird." Toshi thought back to the days when he couldn't control his bloodline abilities, or his emotions. He was having a wrecked life. "I ended up leaving home for the village. It's here that I learned of the abilities I possessed, and that I wasn't weird at all."

As Toshi spoke he created a snowflake out of the air around him. It hovered above his outstretched left palm. "I studied under Nao for a while, and started training hard after finding out about the ANBU." Toshi closed his palm into a fist, making the snowflake disappear. He opened his hand again to reveal a small puddle of water in his palm. It began to drip down his arm, down the sleeve of his button up black collar shirt. He placed his hands into the pants pockets of his black cargos. Placing his attention on Hikaru, a serious expression now lay on his face as he continued on. "Just like you, I plan on protecting the village with my all. I don't know where it would lead me, but I'm not afraid of any of the challenges that I will come to face." Toshi's expression became soft once more, a grin now coming to his face. "It's my shinobi way."

Turning back to the woman in robes after addressing Hikaru, the boy presented her with his own question. "Your robe looks amazing, and your Leaf pin is awesome! Does it represent the Leaf Village? Or is there some other reason that you wear it?" The fact that this woman knew Hikaru told him that she may be a shinobi as well. Maybe another Med-Nin that studied with Hikaru under Nao. Regardless, she seemed interesting and managed to peak his interest. He wondered who she was, rather than asking Hikaru, he'd learn directly from the white robed woman herself.

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As she finished her question to Toshi, the Medical Chief heard a familiar voice behind her. Turning to greet the new arrival, Hikaru suddenly beamed, “Soku!! Of course not, it’s great to see you! And, thank you,” she added happily. Apart from running into her old sensei and friend for the first time in a while, she was touched by her words- working with Nao in the Byoin had helped her to realize the impact she had on the village simply through hard work and commitment.

Toshi began, answering her question. As she listened, she noticed a lot of her own story in his- the kunoichi grinned when he mentioned that he had originally thought he was just weird. She remembered her early days of hanging from ceilings and sticking books to her palms. He continued, creating a pretty-looking snowflake in his hand for flourish, and spoke about how Nao had helped him as well. Honestly, if one were to mention the accomplishments of her or Toshi, Nao had to be in the conversation somewhere, and for that matter so did Soku… the Medical Chief reflected on the value of Leaf’s mentors and everything she owed to them.

She was brought back down to earth by her clanmate’s expression as he addressed her. Toshi recited his shinobi way from the heart, beginning with the words ‘just like you’... and suddenly, Hikaru was a mentor too. Everyone was a student and a teacher, learning from example until they got the chance to lead by it; the revelation was there all along, like simply putting a well-known rule into a different perspective. That was how the village evolved, generation by generation. She smiled at the younger boy and gave him a satisfied nod. “Sounds like the beginnings of a great shinobi’s history. I’m glad you can look up to me, Toshi, and I’m grateful for the others that I’ve looked up to as well.”

Hikaru let out a bright laugh in spite of herself; she would let Soku answer for herself, beyond a quick, “You could say that,” to answer the boy. Now that he had pointed it out, the Sennin did look very dignified. It was quite the contrast to the plain shinobi gear or dark ANBU attire she had seen her mentor in- she thought the color looked good on her.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
She almost had to chuckle at the boy's compliment raising a finger to brush over the golden pin. Truthfully speaking, she wasn't used to such formal attire mostly, it was reserved mostly for more important occasions but Soku found she had grown into for a reason here and there. "You could say, it resembles the seal of the Sennin of the Main Branch." Something that stood out and made it clear her positon, it had certainly proved useful in certain diplomatic situations to date resting her elbows on the railing. Her ears had perked up at the mention of the ANBU, a flicker of interest crossed her expression.

"So, what's all this talk I hear about our ANBU?" The kunoichi posed in a friendly manner tilting her head. It was a desire she knew most young shinobi held, perhaps it was the masks or just the general work they did that made it so appealing. Soku however knew far more having been a captain for several years had taught her one thing and that was nothing seemed like it was up front. Personally, she never would have wanted Asuka to join the organization coming from a familial standpoint but from a neutral viewpoint, if you were up to the task, she saw little reason to deny potential recruits though it could certainly try your patience at times if you asked her.

However, the change had been welcome as the woman found she was actually happier here, she was allowed to be more free instead of skulking around like some assassin. "Would have thought you took a fancy to the needle-poking profession like Hikaru." Soku said grinning jesting slightly. It remained a well-known fact within the Byoin however that the grizzled retired ANBU Captain could tkae on any foe just fine but present her with a needle and all manners of confidence would slip from her figure. There was just something about the things that just seemed evil.

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Sennin of the main branch?" Toshi didn't expect to meet another Sennin. He knew Sennin were high ranked within the village, and were too busy to handle small matters. Thinking of Nao, the medical Sennin, Toshi would often want to spend time with his sensei. Most times Nao was at the Byoin or studying something in his room. The time he did spend with Nao, he was greatful for, and often learned something unique. Soku, this Sennin probably had some time off, and enjoyed this spot as a sort of vacation area herself. It was rare to get word from such officials.

As she asked about the boy mentioning the ANBU he smiled wide. She assumed he'd want to be a medical shinobi like Hikaru or Nao. Now that the boy thought about it, he did spend a lot of time with the medical team, though, he knew it wasn't his path to follow. Although helping and aiding his fellow shinobi was a great way to contribute to the village, putting down those shinobi that opposed Leaf's values was just more appealing. He didn't have a dark heart, but the fight contained within him had to equate to at least two jars of pickles.

"Aye, the medical team is great!" Toshi smiled, and looked to Hikaru. "And has taught me a lot. I even know that they can fight as well, even though it may not be their expertise." Thinking back to the spar that Hikaru and Nao had, he realized the abilities of a medical shinobi went far beyond medicine and healing touches. He himself knew the basics of medical jutsu from watching them, but some of those techniques were just a bit too advanced to follow. He knew it took years to become that great, and he didn't have the time to dedicate to learning their specific medical techniques. He looked back to Soku.

"Instead of going the medical way, I'm looking towards being a guard for the next Hokage!" He doubted that the leader of the shinobi village would need a guard at all, and would be able to handle him or herself. But having that added security would ensure things wouldn't get out of hand.

Toshi would go on, explaining how he viewed the shadows of the village. "Executing traitors that disarrayed their connections with the Leaf, catching those that planned to escape our home, eliminating any threat that comes our way. Obtaining the information from that one spy we captured while out on our mission." Toshi could go on, but he could feel the determination begin to swell within him. "If I get a shot at becoming one of the shadows, I wouldn't turn it down."

The boy wondered why he caught the attention of the main branch Sennin if he were talking about ANBU. "Surely you know a few things about the shadows. We wouldn't mind hearing a tale about them, right Hikaru?" Toshi asked the medical expert, wondering if she were interested in the information at all.
---
[ MFT | WC: +450 ]

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hikaru got a bit of satisfaction out of Toshi’s surprised response- Soku phrased the reveal of her rank quite well. The three Sennin (and the Hokage advisor) held important roles within the village, even if they weren’t always recognized, to support the Hokage and divide the management of the branches. She understood why people didn’t expect to see them walking around like normal people though; in fact, she remembered vividly her shock when a certain previous Main Branch Sennin singled her out in the library to look for a book about pranks.

She gave a warm laugh at Soku’s jab, replying, “Hey. It’s a very fine profession, and besides, only some of our doctors are crazy.” The Medical Chief also appreciated Toshi recognizing their strength: even apart from those who became a bit too needle-happy, their branch housed some truly monstrous medics, both within the Combat division and without. He believed his path was elsewhere, though, which made sense to her- just because they lived in the Medical Sennin’s clan, didn’t mean he couldn’t be an asset to other branches. If she remembered correctly, the Hokage Guard was a division of the ANBU. The next Hokage… it seemed so recently that Asuka was inaugurated as the Fifth, so if nothing terrible happened, Toshi still had a little while to train before the next came. The thought that someone would come after her Sensei was still a new one, though; without trying especially hard, Hikaru could think of a few good candidates.

Toshi definitely seemed like the type for the ANBU branch. It sounded like he had thought this through, which was good- she recalled her own decision, not being 100% satisfied with the Main or ANBU branches until she had an introduction to the Medical branch. She nodded in affirmation, “Of course not! I remember so many people in my class at the Academy were excited to try out for the ANBU. That’s about where my knowledge ends…”

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
She smiled gently at their apprecation of the medical branch. She too had reserved some respect for them having saved her life on countless occasions, it was a favour she was incredibly grateful for. "They have a tough job, all the credit to them." Soku said as her attention shifted to the topic that the two were disccussing. The ANBU, the organization under the shadows, the ones that were rarely talked about and if their name was brought up, the topic was changed as quickly as it could be. "That's a tough calling." She admitted looking at the boy. It was for many, not many made the cut when they realized what it took but Soku reckoned if you had the guts and will for it then the ANBU would not turn you away.

She laughed at his inquiry. "I know more than a few things.." she paused to let that sink in shifting so that her gaze met his as if she was about to offload some great secret. "I used to be an ANBU Captain before this, I've seen my fair share of things to say the least." Battles, injuries and some pretty tragic outcomes in some situations that had broken her if the battered ANBU vest that hung in her office was any indication of that. Her head would nod towards one of her arms, a metal prosthetic as she drummed her fingers on the railing looking up at the sky, a few flashbacks of those days coming back to her.

"So you want to hear a tale?" Soku murmured as if deciding where to start. "I'll tell you about this arm, why don't I?" It was a story that was not too terribily old but also would put into light the harsh life of these operatives. "It was an assignment to Sunagakure, a diplomacy meeting of sorts." That fateful day had put into light for her all the memories she had treasured in this village. "The meeting went fine, we completed our objectives and I made the choice to leave a bit ahead of time to scout out the terrain for the trip home as a sandstorm was setting in." It was they called "protective intelligence" but in this case, nothing had gone to plan."

"It was all a trap."
Soku admitted shaking her head. "I was ambushed by an shinobi, we struck blades and in the process, I lost my arm and he left me there to the whims of the sands. However, I managed to tough it out stumbling, half-dead just barely over a two-day trip to the gates of Konoha where Lady Fifth and the fine medical shinobi restored me back to life."

Soku had never been overpowered so easily before which had left her wondering who this person was. It hadn't even been a vague attack, he was gunning for her which had left her curious. "It appeared it was an assassin. Someone out for me, to remove the ANBU Captain which had left his comrades dead but he failed at the cost of my arm."

She let the silence linger in the air letting the two of them process the words. "The ANBU are an admirable group of people but know this, there will be constant attempts at your life, you will do things that will emotionally scar you, it is not for the light-hearted and morals and ethics have no place.

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Toshi didn't know that students in the Academy had knowledge of the ANBU. He chose not to go to the Academy. He knew his tutor would teach him what he needed to keep his shinobi way. There was nothing more important to the boy. He did miss out on making friends and meeting the teachers there, but he wasn't afraid to follow his own way.

Reading the woman's eyes, he just knew he had to pay attention to her words. "ANBU Captain?" He took note of the title. As the name implied, Toshi figured there were captains appointed over a group of ANBU. The title sounded nice, but what did it cost?

After hearing a bit about the backstory of the Sennin, Toshi felt that the ANBU were quite strict, but it was for a reason. The boy's eyes widened as he looked towards the woman's arm. It was as though he were reintroduced to society once more. Everything wasn't perfect in this world. Being caught up in the things to look forward to, he'd often get lost with present events. He wouldn't underestimate any mission that he went on, even if his safety was ensured.

"Sounds tough..." Toshi admitted, though the physical pain wouldn't steer him away from wanting the join the branch. Thinking of the mental pain with a rather plain expression, Toshi continued on. "The mental pain sounds like something I would live with for a while." There were a few things he already dealt with on a day to day basis. He already began having thoughts about this Sunagakure Village. It didn't sound like Sunagakure was a safe place to be. The past was the past, as such a place could change over the years. Toshi chose not to hold a grudge against Suna, but he'd watch his six while there.

The boy didn't talk much about his trainings with others. He often put himself through rigorous trainings to the point where he'd ware himself out. He often pondered if the physical pain was worse, or the mental pain of him being so committed to his passion. He knew he could get himself killed. But the risks one would take for the things that they loved, it was something that shined bright to Toshi. He felt his opinion of the shadows was quite obvious.

"I have my entire life to find a way to deal with the pain of the war for peace." His words were bland and blunt. He kept his opinions true to his feelings, but wouldn't let his judgement rule on what was right, or what was wrong. "It's something I would fight for, and I wouldn't back down, even if it costed my life." He chose his words carefully. He imagined hearing such things from a nine year old kid probably was quite amusing. He may slip, but he'd avoid accidents at all costs. It's what kept him as solid as ice. He wouldn't break from the goals he set for himself. Such conversations kept something warm going in his heart. He needed something from keeping his heart from freezing over.

Toshi gestured to the Sennin's arm. "Surely your arm doesn't hold you back, you're a Sennin now. Would you care to share the tale of receiving such a position as well?" The answer to his question might even help Hikaru, so why not ask? It seemed as though Toshi could share his thoughts past the sun's setting and the moon's rising, but what would he retain from said convo?

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hikaru gave a brief nod of gratitude, acknowledging the seriousness in Soku’s respect for her branch. They could joke about it, but all three branches were vitally important to the stability of the village- that was one of the things taught in the Academy that had remained an absolute truth even as the young Medical Chief grew more experienced.

She sat back to listen to the other two’s conversation about the ANBU, since she didn’t suppose she’d have much to offer, and sifted through her own memories. From the time she had begun training to be a ninja all those years ago, she had been a bit distant from those in her year… she guessed it was just her nature, if not some twisted corrective side-effect of the other spirit she had been hosting. Even so, there were few shinobi around her age who she knew well, besides Karasu and Jirou. Her journey had been mostly populated with those she looked up to, like Soku- and gradually those who looked up to her, she added to herself. She didn’t know what it was about today that was making her wax philosophical… maybe it was something in the dango.

Hikaru’s attention was recaptured by the Sennin’s story. She vaguely remembered hearing of the mission to the Sand Village, which was interesting on its own; plus, she hadn’t known Soku before she lost her arm. Hearing of the attempt on the kunoichi’s life was somber- selfish as it was, she had started worrying about becoming a target as a high-ranking Medical ninja more and more- but she was glad they got to hear the story overall. Her words of caution were right, from what she surmised even the strongest ANBU had to hide a few wounds. There was always someone (or something) stronger…

Toshi seemed very attentive, reaffirming his commitment to that strength. The younger kunoichi murmured her agreement, still content to listen for now, and walked over to the line of trash cans nearby to throw away the stick from her finished dango. She was enjoying the chance to spend time with Soku and Toshi, welcoming the boy’s next eager question with a grin as she sat down again.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Running, all she could do was run. Scary monster coming her way, she remembered learning tree walking from her mother. How patiently she waited for her to catch on. How it took countless tries to simply find the right amount of chakra to stick on a hard surface, but now she could do it without even thinking. Just like the great shinobi of old.

"You'll never catch me!" She yelled out to her pursuers as she ran up the Hokage faces.

Zig-zagging she made her way up the mountain, taking her a couple more minutes than she would've liked. Her pursuers were gaining on where... and fast. Jumping high unto the air she landed in between a trio. Quickly looking around she gave a bright smile. "Hello! Sorry for interrupting. I'm Kairi!" She giggled looking around the group, seeing a familiar face. "Aunt Soku! How ya been! Look, whatever you he-."

She was caugh off as a red-headed figure wearing a pink Kimono jumped from the side of the cliff. "YOU SNEAKY BRAT." Asuka, lady fifth. An enraged look on her face, her hair some kind of substance.

With a smile Kairi gave a salute. "That's my cue." She laughed "Nice to meet you, bye Aunt Soku!" As lady fifth was about to land, Kairi quickly took out something out of her pocket, throwing it upon the ground.

BOOM!

The whole ground between the group light up with golden glitter as Asuka landed, her hair, thanks to the strange substance, now had Glitter stuck on her hair. She quickly took a look around and scratched the back of her head with embarrassment. "Hehe.... sorry." She giggled "Kids... am I right?" She quickly took a look around, finding tracks. "I didn't teach you pranks to use on me!" She yelled out as she ran past the group and into nothingness, tracking Kairi.

[Topic Entered/Left]

Last edited:

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Toshi had a point. Her arm instead of regarding it as an incovenince, Soku had learnt to make it a part of her to use it to her advantage, the metal piece that now resembeled where her arm used to be, a landmark of what had happened. It was mainly in part thanks to the expertise and professionalism of the Medical Branch that Soku was even alive today and able to be proficient in her role otherwhise the kunoichi had a very real fear that she would be nothing more than a sitting duck for the majority of whoever out there wanted to do her harm. Her eyes wandered for a bit as Hikaru rejoined them disposing of her dango nodding in confirmation.

"The title of Sennin is not given out lightly. I suppos-" Her voice was cut off by a shrilll sound, something high-pitched and Soku's eyes flicked towards the source, a smirk resting on her features as she realized who it was. "Kairi, not giving Lady Fifth any trouble, are we?" She asked grinning though it was clear the child was indeed giving the Hokage the hell of a time as the woman herself erupted setting out at a run after the girl who was trying to make her getaway as best as she could. "As I recall, you were the same once, Asuka. What goes around comes around, no?" A chuckle escaped her as the two resumed their game of cat and mouse turning her attention back to Hikaru and Toshi content with the fact Asuka would not be leveling the village with her sheer rage.

"Right, Sennin, it happened a while after Lady Fifth had been inaugurated as the Fifth Hokage." She didn't recall the exact timing but it had been awfully quick, a fact that surprised her but a welcome surprise nevertheless. "You see despite my lack of an arm, this prosthetic is a new development by Sennin Nao, allows me to utilize chakra the same as any other shinobi so it does not hinder me in any way whatsoever."

If anything, it had been a blessing. Soku had been inherently grateful for it, she had never grasped the concept of one-handed signs so the fear of having to resort to physical means was quickly replaced. "It was a tough change, I will admit switching from an organization shrouded in secrecy to one that is in the public eye, I never really liked being in the spotlight anyways which is why the ANBU clicked for me." Even sometimes, she had to remember to drop some of her old ANBU habits, a fact her assistants reminded her of far too often. She had spent too much time in the ANBU far beyond the recommened tenure of service for operatives before they ran the risk of burning out. it was a change she had not known that she needed.

"Wherever I am, my misson remains the same. The safety and security of Konohagakure's roots." She pointed to them. "You are the roots and if I have to give up an arm for that, I reckon it's a price worth paying, Even if my life was demanded of me, I would rather it be mine than yours."

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Toshi listened as Soku began on holding her position as Sennin. At least until an unexpected occurrence detected the conversation off course. Toshi's eyes widened as he turned to face the sudden commotion that was headed there way. A look of cluelessness rested on the boy's face as he studied the girl that landed in the midst of the group. She introduced herself as Kairi. Soku didn't seem surprised at all, and mentioned the Lady Kage of Leaf. It was obvious this girl and the Kage had some sort of connection.

Another shout caught the boy's attention. The emerald eyed boy turned this time to see a woman in a lovely pink kimono coming their way. 'Isn't that the Kage.' This was the boy's first time actually seeing her. He'd heard about her from whispers of the village, but seeing her in person was an entirely different experience. Toshi looked back to Kairi, noticing as she reached into her pocket. When he saw what she pulled out, Toshi immediately put his arms before his face. "Hey wai-" He was unable to sputter the words out audibly, shouting out some type of yelp instead. Toshi closed his eyes from the bright flash that erupted. Glitter rain down on the group as Toshi slowly let his guard down and his eyes adjusted. He was covered in glitter. He began to pat himself down as the Kage gave her apologies. With that, she vanished, proceeding to pursue her "prey".

An ember blush surfaced on his face as he realized that he was lost in thought. He came to, letting the events recede to the back of his mind.

Soku gained the boy's attention once more as she continued where she left off. To hear that Nao created the arm for her continued to remind Toshi that he still had a lot to learn from the Sennin. As he continued to listen, he noticed he and Soku had a few similarities. Staying to himself was something he inherited after finding out about his abilities. What would it take to get him to peek out of his shell? The Sakurako company could get him out the house and journeying the village, but there wasn't much else that would get him to budge. Being an ANBU would keep him in the shadows, but was that what he really wanted. It was something he didn't have to think twice about, as he had his mind made up already.

He'd already heard the words before. They were his words, however, now the statement pertained to him. Giving one's life for the sake of the future. Toshi could feel his respect for Soku grow as he thought of her words. "Then when I become an ANBU, I won't let you down." A vow that he wouldn't get out of line while dealing with the troubles of being a shadow.

The people that he met would allow him to blossom into a beautiful flower. "Soku, would you lead me on my first mission for the village after I graduate the Academy?" He had a desire to learn from someone that already experienced being an ANBU. He hoped he could show Soku some potential if they were to go on a mission. He probably didn't look like much, but he could handle himself when it came to his duties. He always put first what mattered most.

"And Hikaru could be there too. If we get hurt, she can heal us and we can finish off the bad guys." Toshi began to jump around and spin in the sky. He imitated himself punching a bad guy out and finishing him with a sky uppercut. The playful jabs at the imaginary bad guy took to the air as he finished his display of power with a wide grin and a peace sign held up.
---
[ MFT | WC:636 ]

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hikaru heard a noise in the distance, coming towards them very quickly. It was the sound of someone being pursued, someone… distinctly younger, with a tone she oddly remembered from somewhere. With little further warning, the girl landed conspicuously in the middle of their chat, quickly smiling and introducing herself. The Medical Chief didn’t recognize her voice, but Soku apparently did, poking fun at Kairi for causing trouble for the older kunoichi’s sister… and, as if she was summoned, Asuka appeared from the side of the mountain, shouting after the runaway. Just as Hikaru raised her eyebrows in surprise, however, Ukabu suddenly woke to high alert, the same feeling that had first awoken him when she sparred with Nao. At the same time, she sensed the child throw something to the ground- the next moment, glitter exploded everywhere, and without processing it she threw out her hands, creating a burst of sound that knocked her backwards a bit. It wasn’t damaging, but it was forceful enough to knock all of the glitter and Hikaru off the bench rather unceremoniously. Surprised, she lay in the sparkling pile for a moment. Ukabu was equally surprised, she could tell- he had been trying to protect her, from what it seemed.

She sat up when the Hokage hurried over. It was nice to see Asuka again, although it didn’t seem like the perfect time to catch up, so the mednin simply smiled after Soku finished, “Lady Fifth.” Once the pair had both left, they resumed their discussion, significantly more glitter-covered than before.

Toshi brought up a mission, which caught Hikaru’s interest. It had been quite a while since she had been on one, much less a longer-term one with teammates, so his idea sounded good to her. She grinned, “I don’t object, as long as you leave some bad guys for me!” The boy’s energy was contagious, and with Soku’s inspiring words from earlier she almost considered calling the Hokage back to authorize the mission right then and there.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
For a young soul like himself, Toshi was awfully ambitious. She raised his eyebrow at him grinning mulling over the idea for a moment letting out a hum "A mission, you say?" The truth was that while the Sennin indeed was an important role, she didn't get as much field time as she would have liked and that in itself had left her rearing to get out and about for a while. Her blade had been collecting rust for far too long and Souk would not pass up any opputurniy to take on a mission personally if she had to even if it was something relatively minor, she just needed to get up and out of that office chair which had also been the primary reason for that walk.

"I think that could be arranged if you're up for it of course. Missions are not like the Academy . your actions have real life consequences." She said not unkindly. It was something most shinobi failed to overlook. In the Academy, you could mess up and try again but it was not the same when you are out in the practical field. Fail once and you could end up paying with your life, luckily, Soku had only had to give up an arm so far but she had come close to losing it all a couple of times and she had no wish to put anyone else nor herself in that situation ever again.

Hikaru seemed to echo his sentiments grinning at the girl. "First person to knock out the most bad guys get's a buffet meal at the resturant of their choice, Main Branch Sennin's treat." She said, that was if they ran into anything of the sort. Personally, Soku would have liked to opt for a lighter mission but if Toshi really wanted to know what the ANBU was like, she would have to kick it up a notch. The Sennin of course would look after him and Hikaru was a reliable fighter as well so between the two of them, Soku reckoned no harm would come to the kid if she could help it. Still, she wasn't planning on going out and fighting a bunch of Jounin-class shinobi for their first assignment.

"I think there's one request that could be suitable for us. I'll give it a glance and if this team is approved, I reckon we'll have our first mission here in a bit." She said nodding. It wasn't too complicated, just the right amount of complexity with some risk factored in but nothing too crazy. Well, hopefully not, you could never tell with some parties who submitted these requests honestly. "Hikaru, this will be good practice for you as well, get out of that hospital every once in a while." She said nodding. Soku herself was guilty of the same crime but she would take that over mulling over paperwork any day.

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"That's not a problem, I'm up to the challenge." Toshi was ready to go. Going on his first mission would teach him a lot about the shinobi do's and dont's. Studying was one thing, but going out in the field to do some hands on work was amazing. The bonus of a free meal only excited the boy more. He knew what Nap had taught him was enough to prepare him for what was up ahead. The ability to go out and do missions was enough to show that he had grown while in this shinobi world.

Toshi looked to Hikaru. "I'm ready to go home if you are. I want to prepare for the mission." The look of determination on his face gave away his mood. He wasn't looking for such an abrupt end to the day, but he was ready to take on his first assignment to defend the village. Whatever it took to defeat these guys, Toshi was ready to throw his skills on the line to face his troubles. All of his planning would be put on the line for what he would face on this upcoming mission.

He looked back to the Sennin. "I'm sure I'll prove that I have what it takes to become an ANBU. It shouldn't be too much of a strain on me. If anything proves to be to difficult, I'll quickly wrap up what I can. Of course I know my team will pull through if the situation gets sticky." Toshi gave the Sennin a bow before heading off with Hikaru.

[ Topic Left ]
[ MFT | WC: +250 ]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back