Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Street performers and annoying inner demons

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Yuna let out a sigh as she walked through Dawnbringers plaza. There were a lot of street performers tonight, despite the snow that lies on the ground right now. She wondered how people like them make a living in the world of ninja. Parkouring, break dancing, and other things. Okay, Yuna never really tried parkouring, but wouldn't it be similar to how a ninja should be travelling if chasing a person? As for break dancing as the type of contest she is seeing two people testing each other. Not her cup of tea. But there was one thing that did catch her eyes.

The night lights of the city really helped set the mood. A man was playing the saxophone making really good jazz music. In reality, Yuna never paid much attention to what type of music that catches her mood, but now listening to jazz, it seems... She shook her head. It might be a good thing to have as a plan in case her demon decides to take over. You really think this music is enough to calm me? You are so gullible.

"Shut up." She said out loud. A passerby looked at her weirdly, thinking that she is crazy by talking to herself. Which was partly right. It is one of the many reasons why she wants to get rid of Jashin's Beast, the demonic blood demon inside of her. On the other hand, she does want to try and harness its powers for her own to beat all threats to come her way, including those things her father, Ziren, has told her about. She shook her head. Why was she thinking like that? The Beast must be trying to influence herto use it more. She was aware of some red chakra leaking out of her before she came back to her own senses. She looked around to make sure nobody saw. Thankfully all the civilians were more focused on the street performers rather than her.

Letting out a sigh of relief, she rubbed her temples. Just accept my power at its fullest and you will be unstoppable. Jashin's Beast tempted her, but she shook her head and said out loud, "How about you shut up." She had said it more loudly that caught the attention of more onlookers, but then they went back to watching the street performers.

(MFT)
(WC390)

Honnou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Yeah, one of those passers-by paid a bit more attention to the strange kunoichi, although said passer-by wasn’t walking on the street… he was close by, though. It was relieving to see Kumo lighten up again in these cold nights, especially after that horrifying Academy incident. It was… lighter taken by him that the Hyūga was walking a fine line between life and death in that scenario, that he could’ve lost his life down in that basement had he not been able to slap the chakra bomb into submission. What an accomplishment for the young ANBU…

… But why was this kunoichi telling someone to shut up? And who on earth was she talking to? This appeared to be a task for his Byakugan to figure out, and thankfully, his Hakumei Byakugan was constantly active. Without pause, he focused his field of vision heavily around her and immediately got a whole map of her specific Tenketsu Network embedded as almost completely saturated dots connected to one another by lines reminiscent of one’s blood flow. With the Hyūga’s mighty Dōjutsu, they were all able to visualize a majority of these Tenketsu, but this often varied with experience in using the Byakugan – and lo and behold, with the evolved Byakugan possessed by this ANBU, he were able to see all of her Tenketsu.

But he also saw the flow of her initial pool of chakra, and that was when he saw that she possessed something else. There was a red chakra running along her bluish one, the colors symbolizing just how contrast the two sources of power were. Her second ‘shut up’ came just after the red chakra had, for a brief moment, accelerated in its circulation around her Tenketsu, and that convinced the Hyūga that whatever she was talking to was using the red flow of chakra in her body for communication. Was she… a Jinchūriki?

… Now, if Hon had stayed in the ANBU instead of turning MIA for so long, he might’ve been able to recognize her. Right now, though, he was… kind of just digging holes into the back of her head with his azure-blue eyes. They focused so sharply, hell, the gaze alone made a few other passers-by step aside for him despite the lack of need to, as he could just scan his vision right through them in authentic x-ray fashion. That was how he tailed her a couple dozen meters behind. Curiosity got the best of him, and it wasn’t like she’d notice, right…?

R-Right? She didn’t happen to be a Sensory-type Kunoichi, right?

WC: 429 [MFT]

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Yuna went back to looking at the street performers when the Beast talked to her. We have someone watching us. She took a breath and spoke barely above a whisper, "How can you tell?" She made use of the clamoring of people talking, saxophone playing so that nobody would even know what she said unless they were really good at lip reading. Your father was once a Chigokai right? He taught you about the sound of blood. Jashin's beast answered. With a sigh, Yuna knew that the demon was right, one thing that separates Chigokai from other ninja is their innate ability over blood, especially for the fact that she can hear blood. Chigokai were pretty much versatile with the ways of blood. Use to heal or hurt. To track to hunt.

But Yuna never really paid much attention to her father's talks of how listening to the blood flow of a person can give her much needed information. And now the very same demon that she hates so much that is in her body is picking up the cues of that of hearing the blood of everyone around her. She dared not move her head around to give any indications that she was looking for her stalker. Now that she was listening to the blood flows of everyone around her, it was a lot for her to take into account. Imagine if someone were to have some hearing problems to where they have a constant ringing in their ears to where they can just drone it out. But once they actually pay attention to it, it is a noise that really messes with their ears. Now imagine that, but the sound of a thousand mini waterfalls all around you. Sounds almost like a regular waterfall.

She needed a way to sleuth out her stalker. She checked her watch, as if to make it look like she has somewhere to go, dropped some yen in a hat that is beside the saxophone player and started to walk away from the crowds of people around her.
It would be easier to focus on those blood flows that seem to not only follow you, but those that seem to change the way it flows. "Yeah, yeah, I know." Yuna said underneath her breath. That was another thing her fatherhad taught her. The way the blood flows isn't always static. How it is flowing would really tell her the state of a person. And using that knowledge, she can deduce what a person is doing. Adrenaline, for example, the blood flow moves much more faster. Or someone trying to be quiet, the blood flow moves slower. Those were the more simple things that she focused on when her father had taught her.

Using this time, to shake any stalkers, she would visit a quiet bookstore nearby, not too far from the area where the street performers are, focusing on the blood flows that are more so closer to her and any that might sound familiar to her when she was near the saxophone player.

Honnou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Huh… from this distance, it was difficult to hear her words without it being mixed up with the buzz from all the other Cloud civilians that partook in the night life. A few moments during his track, Hon reconsidered his actions as… perhaps unnecessary? Maybe he was being too creepy at this point – tailing some random kunoichi in the streets under the night sky like some kind of horror lecher. Eww.

And yet, whenever his vision met her, he couldn’t help but sense such… subtle, bloody intent. An almost incomprehensible evil lurked in her chakra flow, and he was debating whether it was from her or if she really was a Jinchūriki. If she was the latter, then damn; what an evil spirit she got locked up in her. Hon knew that those spirits were prone to trying their damn best to break free of their human prisons at any time, but depending on the quality of the seal having been used, it could either be borderline impossible or at the verge of breaking at any point.

Once she entered a nearby bookstore, he decided that it would prove a great place to just get things clear with her, but before he could reach the entrance, an arm was lunged over his shoulder with volapuk words being spoken into his ear from a random, piss-smelling drunkard – damn, his senses needed to be cut down a peg... and he could only imagine what an Inuzuka would go through in this situation. “S-Sir, I’m in the middle of somethi-“

“Hey, I know you! You were working at Kumo’s Fried Chicken, right?! I recognize that red strand of hair anywhere!” another voice called out to him, bringing along a small group of night enjoyers to Hon’s position where they kept asking for free coupons or even silly autographs from KFC’s employee for life. To think that they’d even remember him after all this time was... actually quite heartwarming. Silly, but heartwarming.

Although, their weights were pulling him down, to which he’d speed dash forward and cause the bundle to trip and fall onto each other. “S-Sorry, another time, hit me up at KFC later, though-“ he quickly reassured the giggling trio of with-the-boys energy before entering the bookstore at last. Smooth as ever, in order to get a closer look at her, he picked up a book and sat on a nearby table, where he would use said book to cover his face while his blue-eyed Byakugan shone right through onto her...

WC: 419 [MFT]

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Yuna had heard the commotion outside, some loud person talking to someone with a red strand of hair, talking about Kumo's Fried Chicken? She shook her head, she has never been to the place, but it seems to be a popular choice. She went back to looking through books not really paying much attention unless if anyone else were to come into the store. She didn't see, but heard the door open, woosh of cold air, and footsteps, along with blood flows. Three people total came in, at different time intervals. One shortly after the yelling from outside, one about thirteen seconds after that one, and the final came in a minute after the first one came in.

She listened to each blood flow as she browsed and looked through each book. Only one blood flow of the three seemed familiar to her. But coincidences can happen. She settled on a murder mystery book that was made by a famous author and went to buy the book. After that, she went back out on to the streets and walked through a trio of people talking excitedly about KFC. She wondered who the stalker might be. But her patience was running short with having to use her money to make sure this person doesn't get suspicious of her.

She chose to confront her stalker. If this guy was any good, she guessed, he would follow her at a pace to not be seen. So she rounded into an alleyway and went through some crowds and finally into a different alleyway that has a dead end. There, she stood at the dead end, leaning up against the wall, arms crossed. She kept her ears open to listen for any blood flows that may sound familiar to her as she stared out waiting for her stalker to meet her.

Honnou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Now, she appeared to be on a hurry. However, given by her body language, she hadn’t figured out who exactly caused her this unease. He’d have to get back up on his butt again, though, so a few moments after she left the store, Hon put back the book he used for cover and made his way back out again. A few itches at the back of his skull caught his attention for a brief moment, but it was brushed over by a wave of numbness over the situation… as if there was something important he needed to reflect over.

Anyway.

It was easy tailing her from a good distance and staying out of her sight, and at one point, it felt like she really had gotten aware that someone was following her. Her body language couldn’t hide from his blue eyes, but… as she made it to an alleyway with a dead end, Hon braked on the corner right around said alleyway, looking straight into the wall of the building that stood between him and the alley where she was located. This was getting ridiculous.

“… W-What am I, some kind of stalker?! Is it that hard just to ask what she’s up to? Hon, you numbskull, don’t go tailing people like that again, urrrrggghhhh…” he rebuked himself before deciding to just come out clean and turn around the corner, making his form clear to see for her with the ambient night sky behind him. He was wearing his more traditional Saito outfit; a white shirt held tightly to his torso with buttoned strings, a large and black cloth banded to his waist accompanied by white, baggy leggings and sandals. The emblem on his black cloth spelled ‘Byakkō’, and the overall outfit looked relaxing and comfortable, loosely hanging onto his body and complementing both his fighting style and almost stereotypical demeanor for a Saito.

“… O-Okay, I get it, I get it, being kind of a creep following you around like I did, but listen, it’s not what you think it is, it’s just that I-I get distracted too easily and forget what I’m doing… I a-actually just wanted to find out who you were talking to out in the open like you did earlier, b-but I thought it’d be a bit awkward to just ask, I just wanted to find out and call it a night, y’know…” His voice was starting to lose confidence, to which he regained it by clapping his thigh violently to snap himself back.

Apart from his crystal-blue eyes shining strongly even in the dim lighting here, he didn’t look like much.

WC: 438

uwoYDeS.jpeg

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Well, the guy took the words right out of mouth of what she was about to say. She was about to call him a Creep, but then he explained himself further. She studied him with her slightly bloodied eyes, a sign of a Chigokai in the process of maturing but not yet matured all the way. She had the look of just slightly annoyed, but thankful that her new follower isn't a creep like she had thought. She wore her usual outfit of a dark blue cloak with black shirt and black jeans. And of course, Hon would notice the red gem that is in her forehead. Very peculiar about this red gem is that this gem seems to ooze the most of the demon's chakra.

With a sigh, "Something I have to live with until I figure things out." She said plainly. Which she wasn't wrong. Some Jashinists had put the demon inside of her, but there must be more than just these Jashinists that have had a hand in this, what if the group that is after her father was in on this as well? What, am I a joke to you? Yuna ignored the demon's annoying voice.

"You don't have to worry chasing girls around the city, this one can take care of herself." As long as she doesn't give in too much to her emotions, or slip into third state Jinchurrikki form, but she doesn't feel the need to have a random person looking into her life. She listened to his blood flow for any indication of how the state his body is in. Seems to flow normally right now. She was still leaning up against the wall, before sighing, "I do gotta say, you're no normal stalker. A normal person would have lost my trail easily. A ninja would have difficulty but would eventually get back to tailing me. But you..." She noticed the eyes of the guy. "Your eyes. Hyuuga, yes?" Come on, it doesn't take a detective to know that boy has the Byakugan. Now let's kill him. Yuna shook her head, "He may be on the bit of the stalky type, but he doesn't deserve to be killed demon." She sighed.

She rubbed the back of her neck, "I'm sorry, my demon is all about death and gore. It's annoying to deal with it."

Honnou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He didn’t know how she’d react or answer to him. For all he knew, she could’ve been too suspicious of his actions to even return the favor and probably just make the scene move over to the Main Branch guards… ohhhhh, how awkward that would be! Pleeeeeeeeeeeease, he begged deep inside for her to listen to his words and reconsider seeing him as a harmless dude. He had no ill intentions towards her – hell, why would he?! He didn’t even know her!

Hon, sometimes you ought to figure out whether you were aging backwards or not… you used to be far more formal and collected in your younger days, man. What was it, hormones?!

Despite his inner pleads, her response… was unexpected. No, rather, unpredictable… but after a second of thinking about it, it made sense with his previous assumption. Something she had to live with… she must’ve definitely been a Jinchūriki. That explained the new things that his eyes were able to spot now that he was closer; a lot of dense chakra was pulsating on the red gem on her forehead, undoubtedly coming from whatever lurked within her flesh and blood.

So, uh… now that that was out, he just kind of stood there. She stated that she could take plenty of care of herself, which he didn’t attempt to disapprove in any way earlier. “I-It’s not some kind of habit of mine, I’m not that kind of guy…!” he tried to reassure her as if there was something wrong with being a frisky, young man chasing tail under moonlights, “… S-Still a stalker, eh?” Sighing over the fact that the label was hovering over him, she did notice his expertise early on… and she even caught onto the fact that he was a Hyūga. Now, his eyes weren’t veiny, but it was still somewhat obvious to everyone around him. “Mhm. Honnou Hyūga. Or should I say Sai-” He cut himself short when she suddenly talked again, but her words… they weren’t aimed at him. Was she talking to her inner creature or something? Her beast, spirit or demon?

Oh, demon… wait, demon?!

“… Yeahhh, sounds like more than just a bad attitude,” he sighed himself at the information given to him. Death and gore, huh… those were terms mostly associated with people under the archetype ‘emo’ or just groups of words or phrases from a heavy metal song, but the demon inside her didn’t sound like a musician. Still, with how tonight started out, Hon felt quite embarrassed to even be in this position, hence why he kept resting a hand behind his head in an apologetic manner. “Listen, uh… kinda feeling sorry for bothering you like this… h-hey, wait, wanna have a soda or something? I’ll pay up, it’s the least I can do to apologize. If possible, I might be able to exchange some words of advice to whatever kinda demon you have stored in your forehead ruby.”

… Forehead ruby? Really, Hon?

WC: 498 [MFT]

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Yuna gave a small smile as her stalker was trying to explain himself. She partly heard his name before her demon had started to speak to her again. Honnou. She'll try and remember that name, but she has a lot on her plate, hopefully he'll forgive her in the future if she does forget his name. "You don't know the half of it. Sometimes it has an attitude too." She said jokingly, but her expression almost didn't even change. It is something the young Chigokai had to learn to do. Not really show a lot of emotions, nor give into emotions. Yet another thing on the ever growing list of reasons why she wants to get rid of Jashin's Beast.

Honnou offered to get her a soda and talk advice about the demon. Though he does seem bad at his words mentioning the forehead ruby. I honestly want to tear my own ears out hearing this human speak. Yuna rolled her eyes, "Shut it, demon." She said it with a sly smile, but went back to her straight faced emotion just so that she can keep herself in check.

"Well, Hyuuga Honnou, I haven't introduced myself. Chigokai Yuna." She said, walking away, expecting him to catch up as she walks to the nearest convenience store.

Honnou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hon cackled at the joke she sent. It gave him a good idea of how her relationship with this strange demon was; serious at its core, but after a long time of dealing with it, she could afford to crack a joke or two. Then again, he couldn’t begin to put himself in her shoes – Hon didn’t have anything sealed inside of him! He was, as far as he knew, an empty vessel… no village secrets locked up in his body or anything like that. The most ’secret’ assets from his body were his azure Byakugan eyes.

Oh, the demon must’ve said something to her, because she suddenly told it to ‘shut it’. He wasn’t able to hear what the demon was saying to her, but it must’ve been petty… petty, little bastard. Moving past that, she introduced herself as Chigokai Yuna, and thus as Hon’s heritage was revealed just from a single glance, her heritage was written all over her name… he had read about the founding clans of Kumogakure, and along with Santaru and Kagetsu, he read the name Chigokai pop up a few times in the history books too. Beyond their political history, the clan’s prowess lied in their Hijutsu, which revolved around the manipulation and enhancement of blood. Hon had never seen this Secret Art in action before, but it sounded pretty metal in the texts.

He steadily jogged over to join her side as she approached a nearby convenience store, deciding to spend whatever time he had tonight in her company. It was so pleasant to just hang out with someone and not have Ayaka butt in to make matters embarrassing for him – it was a good idea to temporarily send her back to some kind of training camp at the Kitsunes’ homeland, even if it was against her will to begin with. “I… think I shouldn’t ask too much about the circumstances around why there’s a demon sealed inside of you to begin with, but… hey, if it’s helping someone or being an aid to the village, then I wholeheartedly commend you for the dedication!” he proclaimed with sparks in his eyes as he bumped a proud fist to his chest, “… O-Of course, if it was against your will, then that’d be a different topic… uh huh… wait, I can’t hear this fellow of yours at all, but can it hear me?” Upon saying that, Hon noticed an empty can of soda rolling on the granite floor, and thinking it necessary to rid the floor of those things, he lightly kicked it upwards towards a nearby trashcan. It was a little off, though, but he clenched two fingers into a mini-fist and poked the air forward, creating a small air wave strong enough to knock the can in the right trajectory. And just like that, a piece of trash was taken care of.

“… Is it angry at me? N-Not that I’d really care, in the end, but…”

WC: 495

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Honnou had caught up with her and started sprouting a whole lot of words that made her want to punch him into next week. Even though he touched base on both the good and bad, he started off really bad. Yuna had clenched her fists and gritted her teeth. Finally, she spoke, "I didn't ask for this. Just some idiotic cultists that believe in some bloody god put me in this weak vessel." Yuna blinked and cursed to herself. She let her anger get the best of her. To Honnou, there was a different voice, one that sounded like it came from an older woman, there was gentleness in the voice, but it would be strong enough to send shivers down anyone's spine. He would also see the red chakra almost seem to explode out of Yuna, before it receded just as fast.

She took a few deep breaths and rubbed her forehead. Despite that she hates Jashin's Beast, and it hates her, she recognizes that there is another burning hate, that almost seems personal. Could it be that the demon also hates the ones that had sealed it in her body? The Jashinists are just a bunch of crazies that believe a blood god or whatever can grant them immortality. Jashin's Beast is a blood demon that they must have found and automatically thought it might be some kind of 'messenger' from Jashin. You're not too far off from what they thought. Of course, the demon knew what she was thinking of, so it had to say its piece.

Finally, Yuna spoke,
"My guess is that it tolerates you. It would want to kill you, just like about anyone if it gets full control. But I felt a certain hate coming from it when I started speaking of a specific group. One which makes death seem like a happy ending." She laughed, but it was more of a 'why does it have to be me' laugh. "Well, at least if me and this demon have a common enemy, there's a better chance of working together."

Honnou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
BEEP!

BEEP!

BEEP!

Red alarms fired off in his head from the sudden rise in anger; her clenched fists, her gritting teeth, it all screamed to him that he touched a topic that she wasn’t fond of. He stepped on a landmine, damn it! How was he going to recover from that?! DAMN IT, even in his mid-teens, he sucked at small-talk if it ended like this once more… he couldn’t help but stretch the collar of his shirt a little to air off the sweat of worry on his neck.

“I-I-I didn’t know that, I’m terribly sor-“ he was about to humbly apologize for touching a sore spot, but the change in voice caught him off guard and had his eyes widening up in pure shock. That was a whole other person talking from her mouth- was that the demon speaking on her behalf or something? No, no, no… it called her a ‘weak vessel’, the nerve! You were the one who was all locked up, freak! Guess who the real weakling ended up being, huh?

“… S-Sorry about that…”

His face was turned away, but he could still see her face. That forehead ruby of hers was emanating a very disturbing chakra, clearly expressing the emotions of the demon that was sealed inside of her. How the hell was he going to continue with this? If anything, he’d considered staying quiet if not for Yuna’s next words giving some food for thought to the strange Hyūga; this certain group that she mentioned – possibly noted on the bingo book somewhere – seeded enmity in both her and the demon she harbored. And where there was a common enemy…

“…” He felt like he needed to add some words of wisdom into this conversation before he stepped on another landmine, “Well, if you find a way to bring this group down together… who knows, you might learn a thing or two about each other on the way there. In worst case scenario, they’ll just find a new host for this un-fine non-gentleman, so it’d be best to see things through as a team.” He couldn’t help but imagine the awkward scenario where the demon broke free of her, only to be immediately sealed away by the same group into some other vessel with ideals aligning with said group. That… all of that sounded like a crisis on par with the Tenouzans.

Jinchūriki… they sure had a ridiculous amount of fate on their shoulders.

*Ding*

The clock atop the door to the convenience store gave off an ambient echo. Hon eyed his way towards the glass fridges where a catalogue of cold drinks were available for purchase – Green Soda, Red Soda, Blue Soda, Brown Soda, Yellow Soda, Pink Soda, Black Soda, and even Red Bean Soup and Choco-Milk. Hon, sticking to his preference, chose a Blue Soda and then turned his face towards Yuna with a grin on his face. “Now, I don’t know if you have a taste for bubbly drinks, but I highly recommend either Blue Soda or Green Soda… fruity ones are my favorite.”

WC: 515

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Yuna wanted to be angry at Honnou for the things he had said, but she knew that being mad is how everyone will end up having a bad day, especially her. She does believe that having a common enemy will make it somewhat easier to work with Jashin's Beast, but it is a long shot. She shot some glares at Honnou as he suggests if the demon were to break free of her control, only to add a small bit of humor of it being almost immediately captured by the Jashinists. She walked into the convenience store with Honnou as he grabbed a blue soda and gave her some recommendations.

She went ahead and grabbed the green soda and once it was paid for, she looked at the time. It was getting a little bit late, and she had to get some sleep and prepare herself for tomorrow. "Thanks, for the soda, but I have to go. Need to get ready for a big day tomorrow. And... I'm sorry that you had to meet me on a day when the demon is more talkative than usual."

She walks away, heading back to her place of residence where her father, mother, and brother will be waiting for her.

(Topic Left)

Honnou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Aww. Apparently, she had a ’big day’ tomorrow- wait, was it her birthday? Or some kind of expedition? Either way, it cut Hon’s night journey short, so he felt a little down… surely, he could return to those KFC fans of his from earlier, but they were probably knocked out on sake at this point. She did apologize, unexpectedly, for the talkativeness of the sealed demon, which Hon didn’t even take that harshly. If anything, he wished that he could talk some more with the creep – y’know, really ram it in how futile it was to annoy its own vessel.

Alas, perhaps another day. Hon had plenty of stuff to prepare for, himself… with the war having died down, the gates were open. And he had a place to visit… and a certain someone to find…

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back