Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Superior Expectations [Azusa spectating thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke was pleased to find that two thirds of their representatives they had sent to the Tournament were going to move on. He suspect that Yamataru was medicating himself with drink as he was repairing himself from the defeat he had suffered. He knew that his fellow Journeyman would bounce back. He had a habit of doing that, and that was for the best. The Steward was wearing his formal wear of his scaled suit with silver epaulettes. He was sitting in the stands, and stood out like a sore thumb. Here he was wearing overly formal wear amongst those who wore more casual attire. His metallic hand reached into his coat and produced a golden pocket watch which he opened up. He looked down to the arena and awaited the countdown. The person going to call for the fight to begin was a midget. The narrator of the actual topic used the term dwarf, which of course was the insulting version of vertically challenged people. He leaned back in his seat.

His metallic hand would pocket the watch back into his chest pockets. The Steward seemed a bit more relaxed than usual. Perhaps it was because he was told to relax a bit? Maybe he enjoyed watching people fight? Maybe he actually treated this as a working vacation. Azusa was an impressive individual. He was a bit of a loss when she angled herself before Katuso in a very odd position. She offered her services, but in a way that caused Kyuji to get very angry and flustered about it. Luckily the Kazekage was able to force the two of them to 'chill out' as it were. Sousuke watched as there was an individual who was walking up and down with drinks in a box. He considered it for a moment. He turned to his surroundings and realized that everyone around him was drinking some sort of alcoholic beverage. His facial expression turned slightly soured as he considered one of the many things to happen. An angry mob of drunken people rioting should the fight go wrong. The fact he could get sprayed repeatedly. He looked down to his orange scaled suit. This was his finest clothing to date. Would be a shame if they were to get stained.

He closed his eyes for a moment and rubbed the side of his temple. Oh. Right. He also put some money on this fight. Not a large amount, but what he thought was enough. The Steward was not a gambling man. He at least considered the notion of trying to ... encourage? Yes. Encourage Azusa to truly have a superior display. She had done it once, she could certainly do it again. Sousuke knew that in his heart (which some people think he did not have as they often considered him to be more machine than person), that Azusa would again display an even more superior show of physical and mental prowess.

[MFT 492]

Aurora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was time to be a brat in true kitsune fashion. Her aunt was about to fight, and she couldn't miss that. Misaki had started by betting on her aunt under the guise that her 'mommy' asked her to do so. The bookie had shown her his most skeptical expression, but with the allure of a kitsune and the perfect feigned innocence of a 12 year old kid he seemed to be of the impression a girl her age wouldn't know enough about betting to actually do so herself. After a shifty glance left and right, he had agreed in a reserved way, giving her a ticket with 'her mother's' book number. She pocketed the ticket with a cute 'thank you' and sauntered over to her place, stopping briefly to pick up popcorn and a drink, before she sat down near the only man in a formal attire, including silver epaulets and a metallic hand. As if he hadn't quite understood this was not a place for formalities, but for fun and joy.

Misaki herself was wearing nothing special. A white shirt with short sleeves covered her chest, under which she wore a pair of claret shorts that left most of her legs bare before a solid pair of sandals protected her feet. White fox ears and tail aside, she wore an armband as ornament, bearing a tiny silver kamon of the Aikayume - a fox with its five tails displayed as a flower - and another one with the kamon of Sunagakure. In between, separate little blocks holding each a single letter alternated between black and white to form the name 'MISAKI'. Tail wagging in excitement, the kitsune couldn't wait until Azusa would show up to totally and completely defeat her opponent. Biased or not, of course her aunt would be unbeatable.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke while not looking exactly noticed that Misaki had joined him while they awaited the fight to start. After a solid three minutes of silence, his eyes shifted over to the young Suna shinobi. The clothing difference between the two was a little extreme. Overtly formal versus hyper casual. Sousuke leaned back into his seat. "Your Aunt had a very impressive first match."<i></i> Sousuke spoke out loud. His eyes were fixed on the battle field below. Azusa's opponent had emerged. Sousuke was not quite able to peice it together that it was the individual named 'Fang' who had helped him, his cousin, and Roku down in the pit after having bested Barnyx. Yes. Fang/Amaya had seen the Steward fight, but no two Sungakurian Shinobi were the same. Sousuke wore armour of various shapes and sizes. He poured his chakra into the machine and was able to do things that few could. There was a very strange fine line between man and machine that the Steward easily crossed back and forth.

The Steward leaned forward and folded his fingers both metallic and flesh. He rested his fingers beneath his chin. He didn't quite yet make eye contact with Misaki. "It is my expectation that a couple of years from now, it'll be you who we see fighting down there. I'm sure you'll be equally impressive. Won't we Aikayume Misaki?"<i></i> The Steward spoke. Should that come to pass, it was more than likely that again the Steward would be watching, and offering his support. It was equally likely too that the man would still look the same as usual. Perhaps a bit more stretched in terms of his features due to age, but the Steward was a man who changed very little over the years. Remarkably his hair had not turned grey, nor did it show any streaks of grey. Maybe his metallic limbs may change due to function, but he for the most part was still very much the same person.

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Patched up from the slight bleeding, Junko was back into the arena zone in no time after his quick victory against the whistler. He was back not as a competitor though, but as a simple spectator. . . well . . . as a wealthy spectator now because apparently Kyujin of the Byakko family put up one million for Junko’s loss. It was funny to say the least because Junko would have to meet with that individual later.

Anyways, before getting to the stands, Junko definitely took the time to observe the tournament bracket to see who he’d face next. Based off his observation, the winner of this current fight would be his next opponent. So it would either be Amaya, The queen of battle from the hidden leaf village or Azusa, The guardian of the desert from the hidden sand village. Junko definitely wanted Azusa to win. Not because he favored her, but to actually have the opportunity to pay her back for what she’d done to Kaji. Junko didn’t know much about the man, but he fought for Kumogakure and that was enough.

Every blow she landed on the man was agonizing to watch. Especially for his wife. She cringed in the stands and simply refused to look away. Her anger, frustration, and fear was clearly seen as her husband stepped into the arena and was crushed. Perhaps Kaji was weak or maybe Azusa was just that strong.

It didn’t matter. . . excitement once again flowed through Junko’s veins at the thought of facing a stronger opponent. Hopefully even stronger than himself for the challenge and thrill, but he could only hope. His last opponent was suppose to be strong, but ended up not lasting long at all. Only time would tell . . .

Making his way and entering the stands, Junko shifted pass a lot of people to get to his wife, kids, and Brother who was sitting not too far from a very well dressed man with a metallic hand and a fox like girl. Knowing and loving suits, Junko couldn’t help but compliment as he took his seat. ”Ahhhh! I had to travel half way across the world to find another man with style!”

Looking at Junko, despite the Kumogakure battle vest, he too was wearing overly formal wear and this was him “dressing down” from his normal suits. ”Loving the suit.” Junko said as his wife rolled her eyes. Interrupting, Junko’s two twin boys would rush him.

”Papa!!! What did you do against that whistling guy?!?” the boys said in unison.

”I call it the Legendary basic strike. Practice the basic strike enough, and it will become the strongest tool in your arsenal.” Junko said with a smirk. ”So practice hard at the academy. That’s where I learned the basic strike from.” Junko said as his wife rolled her eyes once more and the twins had the faces of disbelief.

”You just want us to study more and practice harder huh?” Rintaro said crossing his arms.

”Yep. That’s about right. Hahahah.!” Junko said laughing and placing a hand on his son’s heads. ”So, hows the fight?” Junko would ask for anyone to answer as the second exchange of blows was likely about to commence.

Topic Entered with Tsuyoshi Family
Twins:Here
Wife: Here
Brother: Here

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The previous day was an extremely tiresome one to say the least for Kanmuri. In fact, he didn’t even remember if he accomplished what he was supposed to. Did he catch Hissori? What would happen? Did anyone on the mission remember the end result? There were many questions plaguing the mind of the eight-year-old, so he decided to finally enjoy his time in Tea Country. His father was taking part in some kind of tournament with representatives from other nations, so Kanmuri decided to scout the opposition. The young boy wasn’t naive enough to think his father was the strongest in the world, but had enough confidence in his father to believe that he’d make it pretty far in the tournament. With this is mind, Kanmuri decided to check out some other Sunan fighters who he may or may not have heard of.

Walking into the stadium, Kanmuri was surprised to see a lack of seats for the Azusa vs Amaya fight.

“Man...I overhead that Azusa won convincingly in her last fight, but I didn’t think that the support would be this much. Kanmuri would think as he scanned for seats. A minute or two would pass until Kanmuri would find an open seat. The white haired boy would see a fox-like girl similar to his father, so he automatically assumed that the young girl was Sunan. In addition, he’d see what appeared to be a family of five and an additional adult that appeared to be talking to the fox-like girl, so Kanmuri assumed that the man was also an Sunan.

As Kanmuri made his way down, he’d notice people eyeing him, though Kanmuri didn’t pay them any attention. Unknown to him, there was a slight sense of dread and death would trail behind Kanmuri as the boy had not mastered keeping his Demonic Aura in check. Upon reaching his desired row, Kanmuri would greet the presumably Sunan adult and the Sunan girl as he made his way to an open seat. On his way to his seat, he’d hear the kids questions their father about his own fight and how their father only wanted them to study. A smile would form on the face of the boy as he was reminded of his own father and the time they had spent together. When he reached the family, the eight year old boy greeted the adults and waved at the children with a smile before sitting down and watching the match.

It’s not everyday I get to sit next to an accomplished fighter. Hopefully, he says a few things that can help me increase my own ability. Kanmuri would deeply think to himself as the noise of the stadium fought to drown his thoughts.

Aurora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"My aunt's the best, isn't she?"

Misaki's tail would wag as she happily took proud of being related to the seven-tailed menace on the battlefield. Just for this moment, she would push back the nagging disdain for the corruption that had caused her to be exiled. She wanted her aunt back the way she was before the corruption, but it had been so many years now Misaki wasn't even sure Azusa would ever get rid of the taint that afflicted her. Much like the Aikayume, Misaki was a 'purist' on that matter. Demonic corruption, along with dealing with spirits and the balancing of spiritual energy, was what drove her as an aspiring onmyoudo and proud member of the fox clan of Sunagakure. Just for once, she wanted to forget about that sorrowful knowledge.

"I bet she's going to win this round again."

Obviously, the bias for her own family member was apparent. Even if she would lose, Azusa would still win in the eyes of the girl. The Steward pushed the thought even further, believing that she too would end up being that powerful, fighting round after round to win the game. Would she now? The kitsune somewhat doubted that. Firstly because she wasn't as battle-oriented, secondly because she aimed to be a Medical nin. To her inexperienced mind, Medical nin weren't meant for combat but for support. In a similar fashion, she somewhat believed that Azusa's power came from the corruption she suffered. A 'benefit' in return for a hefty unknown price. It made her think about the cursed seal she had in her own neck, one she had still not succeeded to remove.

"I don't know... I want to be a Medical shinobi. Healing my opponent into defeat sounds such a weird approach. Hey, but why aren't you fighting? You look like people can't even touch you without breaking their fist"

More people would join, all of them rooting for Azusa. Normal people, shinobi people, even entire families came in to watch the spectacle. So many people just for her aunt. Amazing.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Misaki questioned him if her aunt was indeed the best. He didn't initially answer at first. It wasn't because he didn't want to or he couldn't. He merely had to craft his words accordingly. "Superior."<i></i> He answered. He continued to watch as the two women continued fighting. There were some words exchanged, and due to the distance even Sousuke could not lip read. "She could very much win this round too."<i></i> He admitted. Things so far did look good for Azusa, for the moment at least. Battles of this intensity could turn on a dime. Curiously Sousuke would stand straight up and begin clapping as a sound hit went off. "Good hit. Show her that your metal is without flaw!"<i></i> His voice resonated with a slight metallic ring to it. The Steward would take his seat once more. Sousuke would seemingly relax in his chair. "Medical Shinobi also know where to hit people the hardest. You'll become adept at human anatomy, and by proxy ... well you'll gain a foothold in combat proficient. It's not necessarily about healing your enemy into defeat, just knowing where to hit them. Also ... let's just say some people have a talent for inverting healing techniques to cause harm."<i></i> Sousuke would comment. He was trying to offer some form of ... what was the term? Encouragement? Yes. That was it. Even a machine could offer encouragement unto others. The final question, Sousuke offered a shrug of sorts. "A politician is required at these things, but more importantly morale support is oftentimes needed. I doubt your aunt realizes we're watching her, but it our duty to support her in what ways we can. ... ... That being I've had people break themselves on my armour before. It's not the most thrilling thing to have happen, that I can assure you of."<i></i>

During this time a family would move in and take a seat beside Sousuke and Misaki. The family unit was not a foreign thing to Sousuke, but it was something he admired. This man was accomplished. Something Sousuke felt he was not. The Steward did not quite complete a family unit on his own. He had come close, but he did not. Curiously the man would complement the Steward's scaled suit. "Thank-you."<i></i> He answered, one compliment deserved another. "Class calls unto itself, perhaps it was fate the two of us brings class unto the world."<i></i> The term class was not meant in terms of a social hierarchy, more so in the sense it was good manners. Good manners breeds unto itself, or so Sousuke thought. The children addressed their father, and some light banter occurred. "I expect the fight to bring the house down, a few good shoots here and there."<i></i>

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hideyoshi could smell it in the air. That faint smell of flesh being ripped off of one’s body as dried blood escaped through the pores of severed flesh. He could feel it. That clattering of blades that sent violent soundwaves, echoing throughout the arena, filling its occupants with minor vibrations as dopamine flushed through their systems and nourished their thirst for more violence. The battle was on, and it was one of the good ones. The self-proclaimed “Queen of Battle” faced off with the “Cat Guardian of the Desert” in a battle that would surely win an award for “fight of the tournament.” As barbaric as these types of blood sports were, Hideyoshi was weirdly entertained by the efforts of the combatants as they duked it out for money, prestige and pride. Each one of their “entertainers” wanted to prove that they were the best… not just for themselves but for the pride of their villages. In a way, willfully indulging such barbarism felt disgusting to the man, but there were worse ways to pass the time than this. In fact, villages had found worse ways to settle disputes, prove their superiority, satisfy their insatiable appetites for blood and pass the time before…

It was called war… and thankfully, the minor skirmishes of the present paled in comparison to the wars of years past. The world did take a gigantic step forward, through it seemed keen to take minute steps backwards in an effort to repeat the follies of the past. Hideyoshi wanted to change all of that, but the realities of adulthood sapped away his optimism for such a path. There was nothing special about him. He was just another spectator in world events that were too big for him to fathom, in a world too reliant on materialistic endeavors to care.

So, what does a man like him do to forget. Drink. Smoke. And gamble. “50,000 yen on cat lady!” Hideyoshi screamed, slamming down a card that was filled out with his wager, and pointing to Azusa’s fight card. ”You mean, Toraono-Aikayume Azusa… right?” The bookie asked, attempting to verify the bearded man’s choice before finalizing his bet. “Yup. Yup… Yup!” Hideyoshi giggled, walking away with a nonchalant wave, a flask filled to the brim of whiskey, and a new pack of their finest black and milds. Well, if he were going to watch something barbaric then he might as well double down on vices, right?

By the time, Hideyoshi had arrived on the scene, the fight was already well underway, so it was quite the task to find his seat… especially one large enough and indiscreet enough to shield his oversized black cloak away from suspicion. Grinning, he squeezed his way through Junko and family, not even realizing that he was a fellow shinobi from Kumo. Eventually, he found an open seat, somewhere around Melk—Sousuke, Misaki and Kanmuri. Was it really open or did he just squeeze in? He hadn’t paid attention enough to tell.

Anyways, he plopped down in this seat, and took a gigantic swig of whiskey before waving it around as if he were offering it to one of his new “friends.” “This fight has been great so far! I’m surprised to see cat lady finally taking some damage. It’s about time. That first round was too easy for her!” He exclaimed, using his free hand to dig into the pockets of his cloak and remove a giant, bulk-sized variety box of pocky. “Free snacks anyone? Looks like we have chocolate, coconut, cookies and cream, strawberry, and some other crap I’ve never heard of.”

Chances are, he’d barely remember any of this come morning… not unless he switched to water anyways.

[Topic Entered / MFT: 618]

Miroku Akkuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
Akkuma stood by one of the many entrance ways into the Arena stands, his gaze on the battle participants below. He'd found himself drawn here initially to see how the Kitsune Azusa performed. True to her form she did not disappoint, although he found himself interested in her opponent. Such a skilled combatant she was that even Azusa was unable to make quick work of her. It was an unexpected discovery on his behalf for he'd been so sure she would easily conquer those fighting in the tournament. Those white ears twitched with annoyance as the Black Blockade was erected, he did not like being denied the outcome of the battle. Though in truth it did only add to the anticipation of the battles results. Who would be the victor of the two combatants?

With a sigh he leaned against the wall & withdrew a cigarette lighting it with a snap of his fingers. Slowly inhaling he would hold the arena below him in his gaze with great interest. For Akkuma had unfinished business with the Kitsune below. Now though it seemed he'd found another individual worthy of his attention. That crimson gaze of his surveying those below as he awaited the judgement of the Judges. For much to his displeasure even the Sage had found himself unable to determine a clear victor. The Fates it seemed were favoring no particular combatant. The crowd around him was alive with excitement they'd truly been given a show to remember. Slowly exhaling the smoke from his cigarette he would take another long draw as the smoke wafted around him.

In the shadow of the stands & out of sight he stood there. Although his presence all the same would be noticed, like the chill one gets causing the hairs on the back of their neck to stand. That almost instinctual feeling of being watched by something hidden from sight was all too real for the combatants below. He wondered if Azusa could sense him even from down there he didn't doubt that she would sense him lurking among the masses. Little did he know that his presence would draw the attention of someone else. Whether he knew it or not the Fates intended to bring another being into his life. If only he'd known just how lucky he would be. Soon he would have one of the last pieces he needed for his schemes. That is if the Fates decided once more to grace him with their favor.

[Topic Entered Witnessing Result]

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
uqFXhO0.gif

Little did Akkuma know, that as he watched the fight with the kitsune down below, someone was watching him from within the shadows. White eyes opened within the darkness and a white grin spreading across his face. It wasn't an assassin watching him, nor an enemy sour about losing money, it was actually the human puppet who was rooting for him back in the previous two rounds. He never thought that he would meet his favorite tournament fighter up close in person, and he thought he should surprise the man but what should he do? Remove his head and roll it at his side to say ‘howdy’. Summon his Nara puppet to trap him in the shadows dimension with him? Then an idea suddenly came to Maru.

Reaching his hands out slowly, he moved forward and before Akkuma knew what was happening he could feel hard wooden hands gripping one of his tails. One would've held the tip of his tail while the other proceeded to stroke it to make it look more fluffy. Maru tilted his head in curiosity, then tugged on the tail if the man didn't spun around already, surprised to find out that the tail was real. “Hm? So it is real!” He said to himself, then gave another attempt to give Akkuma's tail another tug before he hopped backwards then removed his top hat so he could take off his head as if that was the actual hate before announcing who he was. “Howdy! Names Maru, also known as Princess Of Heart, Protector Of Love to most people. I'm the puppet you threw a kunai at in round one and was rooting for you! Its nice to meet you!” he reattached his head, then strolled over to the man's side to get a look at the fight below which had another kitsune fighting.

“Hey that one down there is a cutie.” He said, referring to Azusa as the cutie in which he spoke of. He removed his head then stepped out in the open to wave at Azusa with his severed head speaking through his neck hole. “HOPE YOU WIN DOWN THERE SUGAR!” He said and spoke in a voice so loudly you might could hear him from where he was standing. Clearly this man, teen, boy, whatever he was liked to be the center of attention, not to mention he always liked to remove his head as a weird greeting. Since he came at almost the end of the fight, he merely wanted to see who would win before moving on to watch the next battle.

[Maru Entered!]
[Akkuma's Tail Fluffed O-O]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
(It's been over two weeks, I think it's reasonable to move this along)

The fight was really starting to get intense. The Steward did not necessarily beleive in 'free snacks', he would extend a yen bill in exchange. "I insist."<i></i> He spoke as he offered it out, "I'll try the ... chocolate one."<i></i> Whether or not the yen was accepted, the Steward would try indulge himself a slight. He would offer the majority of the box to Azusa's neice, and he would take out a series of pocky sticks for himself. He would chew quietly as he watched the fight continue and the sheer firepower that would come within moments. Hideyoshi spoke of how the first round was far too easy for Azusa. To this, the Steward of Sungakure said nothing. Indeed. Azusa had won the first match rather easily. This was something else entirely different. Azusa was actually getting roughed up. The destroyer of project D.O.O.R. was actually being given a fun for her money, and unlike the fight between the Sound Ninja and Akkuma, this was not a simple matter of one being beaten into a sheer pulp within seconds.

The last few seconds of the match were a blur. The Steward would rise up from his seat. His eyes narrowed and he observed. His eyes were shifted about rapidly as the battle was coming to a conclusion. He watched as Azusa was smited and blasted. His eyes widened, and his hands formed fists as he watched with genuine concern. "Chances of survivability is ... "<i></i> He spoke mechanically but quietly. He was doing the calculus in his head. He was trying to figure out the probability Azusa had that to endure this, "Fifty-three? Fifty-three percent."<i></i> He ruled out loud quietly and to himself. He watched as the devestation continued and ... a victor was indeed declared. It was Azusa who won, but her opponent had changed ... drastically? Curious in the extreme. He would watch as a medic would descend down upon the scene. With that the Steward would be seated once again. "The math worked out. Your aunty is indeed the best. A grand display of skill."<i></i> He would state more for Misaki than anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back