Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Survive! Miro's Deadly Training [Tutor]

Ryuu Tama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
✧✧Ṩ✧✧
One week turned into two. The blow the boy received from Miro had been more than enough to literally knock him into next month. No doubt only intending to knock the boy out for a few days, his brain received such trauma that the staff in the Academy was forced to keep an eye on him as he slept in a coma-like state for an entire three-hundred and thirty-six hours. When Shinjo finally opened his eyes, he was met not with medical equipment, but the top bunk of a bed. His eyes swung around the room for a moment to regain his barrings as to where he was and what was going on. Within a few minutes, Shin realized he was inside the Kumogakure Academy. While he never got to see the inside of the dormitories, his godparents had gave him enough details in the hopes to persuade him from it. The mattress he laid on was bumpy and old, having been the resting spot of many students before, and if he had looked there would be easy to find bloodstains as well. The blanket that covered him was scratchy and did little to keep the actual cold out from his body. The pillow? Didn’t exist. Yet despite it being easily a million times worse than his own bed at home, Shinjo had never felt so rested. Carefully he removed the blanket, swung his feet over the edge, and tried to stand. The child’s knees buckled a little from the sharp pains going from his ankles all the way up his back. Curiously, he wondered just how long he had slept as he rubbed his legs into full wake before stumbling towards the small amount of light pouring in through a crack in the window near his bed.

There were no other children in the room with him, and as he pulled back the curtains of the room, he saw why. He was in the second story of the Academy, looking down on the blanket of forest that surrounded it, and stretched out way beyond, was the city he had come from. The trees shook every now and again as cries mixed of both pain and success rose above the canopy. Shinobi training, he had recalled. He had only done about a week’s worth of it, and his classes were more supplemental than full on because his godparents had at least convinced him to not throw himself into full training; clearly the Sennin who had captured him disagreed. Those who trained from home and not within the walls of the Academy full on itself had a bit of special treatment as the city attempted to push those children to see if they had the “gift” of chakra. Most of the kids who volunteered for the Academy were like him, and well over 3/4ths of them ended up never completing the first year. They moved on to be common workers. Those who were “selected”, didn’t get this luxury. Yet, it was not a fear that drowned Shinjo’s heart, but excitement. In his mind, Miro had chosen him. It wasn’t just being thrown into the wolf pack that was the academy for the fun of it…a powerful shinobi had decided that he needed full training. To the boy, the matter of him meaning something to someone wasn’t what excited him; it was the potential to become what his late father feared. The strength to turn a man that, in his head, as an unstoppable powerhouse into a sniveling coward gave him a feeling of superiority that he just couldn’t shake. His hands clenched the curtains, the cold breeze from the poorly insulated room doing little to dissuade him as he stared down at the trees beyond.

Shinjo spend the next five-to-ten minutes helping his muscles remember how to work before finding his clothes in a trunk at the end of the bed. His kimono had been washed and beneath it was a heavy long box. Without opening it, the boy knew, that inside was his father’s sword. He had no idea how it had gotten here, only that his godparents had to of been behind it. They were the ones who took the blade and locked it away with ninjutsu seal that was missing now. Half of his body wanted to reach into the box, withdraw the weapon, and throw it out into the forest beyond. A fourth of him wanted to learn how to use it, and the final fourth wanted just nothing to do with it at all. Deciding he fully agreed with the latter, Shinjo felt it best to just leave it be, and ignored the black box containing the katana. The boy robed himself up with the kimono before removing himself from the empty dormitory. Outside, unlike the silence it had been within the room with beds, was a cacophony of children and adults screaming at each other while weapons clashed. There was a heat to this area too, as the practiced movement of multiple bodies produced a natural warmth that fought off against the terrible cold outside.

Without a clue as where to go, Shinjo walked forward with the assurance that someone would stop him, ask questions, and then direct where he needed to be.

[MFT]

Last edited:

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Day after day I would peer into his room to see if he awoken or even changed his position in his bed. “You must’ve slugged him pretty hard.” That silvery voice of Naibu’s crept into my head once again. The force behind my punch wasn’t that strong… I continued to tell myself. With no taijutsu training maybe the boy just had a soft spot on the back of his head like a baby. “Surprised to still see his head on his shoulders.” At the beginning the academy gathered most of his belongings and neatly tossed them into his footlocker. His guardians didn’t seem so keen on allowing shinobi into their home, as if they could prevent us, but out of respect for every Kumo citizen the academy asked them to provide the child with clothing.

The rest of the time I simply waited, busy with my own devices the few days seemed to breeze past. Signs of movement from him were good and eventually he awoken to a special day. Special to him, it’d be the first day of true academy training and even to my surprise the students were all outside and training desperately to gain their respect branch favor. Fortunately for this one I had my sights on him since our first encounter.

A main branch chuunin oversaw most of the academy students and nearly jumped out of his skin when I appeared beside him. “You need to work on that.” Toying with him, “We’re at the damn academy! My guard doesn’t need to be up unlike you.” I couldn’t help but snicker behind my tall collar of my all black robe. The Kumogakure headband adorned my forehead with pride while Naibu took the form of a massive 4 foot wide fūma shuriken on my back, gold to match the color of my old eyes and hers. From the corner of my eye, between idle chatter, I saw a bewildered black hair child in a kimono step out from the academy.

“There you are, Imposter.” Half serious, half joking. The glow of the mysterious red eyes on someone other than a blood born uchiha pissed me off, if not too much. My hand rose to signal my farewell to the chuunin before I nearly glided over to the child. “Hey, you, finally awake. You were the one I knocked into next week.” I looked him up and down then directly into his eyes. No baggage! “I hope you’re feeling rested, I’m going to tutor you on a thing or two. How’s that sound?” I disregarded his answer, he will get tutored and like it. My methods are… a little unorthodox.

A bandaged hand propped itself on my hip, “Follow me.” I demanded, and with a turn I walked off a beaten path into a more greenery filled field with a small chicken house on the right. A few chickens remained in the house while the rest roamed about in the cage. “Tell me your name.” I called back behind me, listening to his footsteps to measure the distance between us. “Interesting, today we’ll be practicing genjutsu and its effects. Know anything about that?” I came to a stand still before the waist high chicken wire fencing that secluded them. A gentle breeze rolled by now and again. The cold air hasn't affected me, I’ve been encased in ice before.

[WC:561]
[Topic Entered]

Ryuu Tama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
✧✧Ṩ✧✧
The word “impostor” struck the child off kilter. Why was he an impostor, and of all nicknames, why that one? Shinjo wasn’t overly familiar with shinobi tropes and that his red eyes usually would denote an Uchiha heritage, and thus the whole thing was lost on him. Yet the ruby colored irises shook with excitement as Miro asked him if he was ready for training. It took a lot to retain his composure and not slide back into child-like wonder that was common for his age group; after all, it was the first time anyone had shown an interest the boy.
Yes,” he replied, the excitement in his core causing his voice to break a little. Red rushed up to his cheeks and his red eyes quickly turned away from Miro’s. She asked for him to follow, and without hesitation, the teenager was on her heels.

The walk outside was an interesting mix of feelings. Excited to be training, wary of what was to come, and nervous from the glares he caught from more than just one student on his path. After the fourth double-take from a student that was easily two years his senior, Shinjo quickly came to realize that his tutelage from Miro wasn’t normal. In fact, it seemed to be a cause for jealousy. These were all emotions and feelings that the teenager had yet to learn how to deal with as his parent’s emotional warmth towards him had been all but dead pan. His godparents had been the first to ever praise him, claim their love for him, or even give helpful advice when asked. It was, however, still awkward, and the boy never really grasped those emotions; until now. As the mounting glares came from students around, Shinjo felt deep in his bones he had two choices right now: break or resist.

The middle fingers on either hand lifted to the students on either side was his response.

The next set of new experiences came right after opening the door towards the outside. The dormitory was cold and poorly insulated on purpose, but, it was still kind of warm. The cold he encountered outside struck deep, down into his bones, as his body began to shake almost violently to keep him warm. Following that was the thin air, something that he was having a lot of problems adjusting to. The Academy was even higher than the main city of Kumogakure, and the thinned oxygen up here cut just as deep into the boy’s lungs as the cold had his bones. Before the youth could even take ten steps, he was already a shivering, wheezing, mess of a child trying to keep up. Miro, who was unaffected, had almost double the space between them when she began speaking again, near where they kept food growing and chickens roaming. No doubt this was how the school kept itself so far and separate from the resources below. A thought crossing his mind as he stared out at the new area, caused him to realize that he was going to have to get used to eating chicken. Looking at the maintained garden, it looked like cabbage and carrots were also on that list.

I-i-it’s…the, the, ability to…make people see, s-s-s-stuff, right?” Shinjo replied through chattering teeth as he knelt down in his kimono to poke at the feathery devolved raptor. The chicken turned it’s head and flapped wings in the attempt to gain flight but only succeeded in gliding across the pen.

[MFT]

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
An annoyed sigh couldn’t be helped as I watched the boy shake like a leaf in front of me. Is he even a native? I folded my arms underneath my bust while I awaited his answer. To my surprise, he was right, in one literal sense. “Not just see, but also touch, hear and other varieties. Genjutsu is a powerful tool to use against your opponents. You can turn a tide of battle or even have your opponents believe their teammates are the enemy and attack them. It’s very powerful.” A friendly self reminder that I will hang Maru’s head on my mantle in the Sennin office.

I motioned my arm for the boy to view the wide variety of chickens. Brown and black chickens were native to the rough mountainous ranges of Kumogakure while white chickens were imported, all in all they would react the same. “Watch carefully.” My hand formed into a finger gun, aiming my index directly at an unaware chicken I pulled the trigger (My thumb). With the use of my sharingan and Uchiha prowess I forced the brown chicken to wander slower and slower. Lethargy taking its course the chicken nearly fumbled about into a tired stupor.

A devilish smile couldn’t be retrained from appearing on my lips. My love for genjutsu is blossoming once more. “Easy stuff.” From behind my back a hand dug into a pouch to retrieve a small scroll with the teachings of the Genjutsu: Lethargy (E) within it. I tossed it underhand at the boy, not caring if he was paying attention or not. “For you to be successful in genjutsu you will need to perform hand seals. They’re listed inside of the scroll.” Fully aware of his abilities, the boy should have no trouble conjuring up the chakra needed to perform such low level genjutsu. Hell, if he can break out of Kotoamatsukami he definitely has the chakra reserves for this.

“Now this will seem cruel...” ‘Cause it is.’ “but there’s also a special way to completely turn your opponents reality into a pile of mush.” A technique I tried on a few of the inmates who defied my kind notion of asking for information. I kept telling them to spill the info or regret it, now their eyes are in two different villages, figuratively. “Watch the chicken closely.” Bringing a hand up to my lips I weaved a few small seals, my eyes focused intently on the corrupted chicken. “Ba-KAWK-!” The chicken stood straight up as if struck by lightning. It’s feathers ruffled about as its head was erect for but a moment. Within that second the chickens head slumped over, it’s body following properly. I couldn’t help but giggle at it’s unfortunate fate. “That never ceases to amuse me. From a panic to a slump silence. That’s the power of a unique ability called ‘Shattered Reality.’ It’s when you take a genjutsu and forcibly dispel it from your opponent. It ruins the nerves that are attached to the cerebellum in your brain, essentially having it severed from your spinal cord.” I could go on and on about the power of genjutsu but I’ll save him the trouble, for now. “Try it out. Cast lethargy at one of those chickens and forcibly dispel it.”

[Edited because I was unhappy with my reply.]
[WC:546]

Last edited:

Ryuu Tama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
✧✧Ṩ✧✧
Shinjo watched in awe as the Uchiha aimed her finger gun and pulled the trigger. His eyes shot to the chicken he assumed she was aiming at, delighted to see he was right when the fowl teetered over and fell asleep. He was too focused on the chicken in the pen falling over asleep to notice Miro tossing a scroll at his head, though. It bounced right off, with an “Ow,” from the boy who turned his face to grab the object from the snow covered ground and lift it up close to his body as he pulled at the adhesive that kept the paper rolled up tight. After he pulled out the sheet of paper, Miro called to his attention once again. Shinjo’s ruby eyes watched his sensei roll through a few seals and then turned them back towards the chicken who shot up, crowed, and then fell back over completely lifeless. His eyes shook in both awe and fear knowing now what a Genjutsu really was. He eagerly turned his attention back to the scroll, his mind absorbing the information verbatim. Excitedly, Shin quickly placed his hands into the first basic seal that channeled chakra.

He had never done this before, chakra channeling that is. Never knew the sign, or, exactly what he needed to do. The first paragraph in the scroll read that nearly every single jutsu in the world that required chakra started with either the Ram seal or the Tiger. Ram was for beginners and chakra heavy jutsu that required at least five more hand seals following. Tiger was an advanced seal that ‘shocked’ chakra through the body suddenly, and almost never allowed more than three extra seals after; according to the scroll, anyways. What the scroll didn’t say, was that most people had to focus their mind into their gut, and then ‘expand’, but a rare select few would make their first Ram seal and feel power ready to come out; Shinjo was of the latter category. The moment his hands formed the seal he could feel a sudden spike of what he could only describe as “power”, ready to be molded and sent out. The cold air suddenly no longer effected him, his breathing evened out, and the shivering all but stopped despite the fact he really wasn’t dressed for cold weather.

Okay,” he said with a voice shaking now from excitement, “Ram, then…Rat, Dog…” his eyes squinted down at the blurred image on the scroll, “…Bird!

His hands, slowly, formed each seal after the next. Shin could feel the power sitting at his stomach starting to shift and change shape. It was oddly painful, at first, but quickly faded away with the rest of his issues as he settled on the last seal. Without even willing the power forward, it shot from him like a striking snake aimed for a chicken of black feathers. The fowl jumped, first, as it felt something strike it before wobbling just as Miro’s chicken had, and fell over.
Okay, and then…” the ruby-eyed child muttered to himself without looking for praise. His heart was swelled already with more pride than he knew how to handle with the success of his first jutsu, his hands shifted through two of the three seals Miro had used. It twisted his chakra in a weird way and made him feel like he was going to be sick. Shattering was more or less done by overloading a sensory that was already effected, but, since Shin only had so much chakra control he ended up firing off all of his pool at once to Shatter the Genjutsu. Too much power right out the gate. He finished the last seal and the chicken he had knocked out simply shot back up and fluttered its way across the pen. It turned and walked for a few seconds, all normal, and then also cried suddenly before falling over as the white chicken had before.

Shinjo was now pale. Paler. He had far more chakra reserves than most that started training did, but didn’t know how to properly handle it with the finesse that Miro used. Her shatter actually burned out the fowl’s tiny sensory organ with such finesse a surgeon would be proud. Miro, all but made his chicken’s brain explode, as the blood began to flow out of the black fowl’s mouth and stain the muddied snow. Shin attempted to stand, and found his knees jellied out and forced his body back down.
Is…this normal?” he said, once again out of breath, cold, and shivering painfully.

[MFT]

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
While the boy was slowly piecing together the hand seals necessary to complete the jutsu I let my sharingan awaken to observe his muscle movements and the swelling of chakra that moved around his vessel. The current and vibrations the chakra radiated were clearly unstable and needed refinement. With that much unstable chakra inside him It was a real surprise he didn’t fizzle out right before he casted the genjutsu or even lost his breakfast all over himself.

It was a sight to see. The young boy was gifted with the ability to control his chakra right out of the gate. A feat that many academy students struggled to do within the first month of joining the academy but alas, he was simply built different. Hells, even a student of mine that recently became an ANBU-in-Training struggled with controlling his chakra efficiently enough. I would commend him for projecting the genjutsu onto the chicken but what happened after was something I myself haven’t seen before.

The crunch of snow could be heard as I stepped over the fence that contained the chickens and walked over to the dead black chicken. As I leaned in, it’s circumstances were worsening by the second. Blood drained out of its mouth as if a beaver dam broke. The eyes of the bird were coated with its blood and the minute ear holes were also leaking blood. Even I myself, a fan of torture, thought that this was overkill for a poor defenseless chicken. A breeze rushed by taking black feathers away into the sky and slowly covering the bird with snow. ‘What the hell. He didn’t just kill the bird he ruptured it’s brain. Leading to-’ ‘Severe brain hemorrhaging which caused the bird to die instantly but suffer immeasurable pain on it’s way out.’ I took a moment to collect my thoughts on the matter.

On one hand he performed the genjutsu and the shattered reality ability. But the controversy was whether or not it was a humane practice at all. “Kudos.” Speaking up so the pale kid could hear my compliment. “I didn’t expect an overexertion of chakra to actually make your target's brain explode in it’s skull. You might be fit to be a worthy pawn after all.” Mysterious red optics peered over my shoulder towards him. Looking back at the mess the snow nearly covered half of the dead bird. My body pivoted gracefully in the snow to face him directly. “I would say you passed but this is a huge failure. However, you did manage to surprise me with your ability, even if you forced this defenseless chicken to suffer unfathomable pain for a few moments.” Harshly critizing him and making him aware of his failures was one step into becoming a honed weapon for my use.

Once again I stepped back over the fence and over to the pale boy. My bandaged finger coiled around the back collar of his kimono and forcibly lifted him up onto his feet. I leaned inward to focus my red hues into his fake red orbs. Casting a petrifying gaze around him he would soon feel the warming embrace of fire radiating throughout his body. Etching a genjutsu into his brain to make him feel as though his body was next to a roaring campfire it would act like a false impression that he was warming up. “Again. You’ll be out here as long as it takes you to perform this ability correctly.” Instilling fear into his gut a loud crisp snap of my fingers was made. A hidden door opened on the chicken coop. Out of it walked a bigger chicken who was also from a foreign land. This species of chicken had a bigger brain capacity and a thicker skull to accommodate for it. “You’d be wise to hurry up and master this before you succumb to the elements.” Another harsh lesson of reality. ‘You should try to overload your chakra into the next terrorist we investigate. I’d love to watch that experiment.’ Naibu chimed in again.
‘Perhaps. A little too inhumane for my taste but an impressive feat from the kid.’

[WC:691]
[Edited Dialogue text. The wrong people were talking.]

Last edited:

Ryuu Tama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
✧✧Ṩ✧✧
The student watched eagerly as Miro stepped into the chicken cage and examined his victim. Her initial praise was…well, it was praise. Something Shin wasn’t at all used to or had really ever received before. She was praising him for doing something! Of course the praise was quickly followed with a rebuke; something the Student was far more used to. However, Miro didn’t follow her rebuke with a blow, so it was still miles better than what he had received from his own late parents. He wanted to jump around excitedly, even though he technically failed, but the cold and sudden expulsion of chakra made his limbs feel like lead weights.

Or they did. Miro lifted him off the ground like one would a puppy, and Shin couldn’t help but do anything except look his sensei in the eyes; as there was little choice otherwise. They were beautiful. It was the first time the teen had actually taken a second to look at Miro’s face, as her presence as a whole was rather terrifying, but the Uchiha eyes made his heart skip. They were like his, eyes. Shinjo’s red eyes were a strange genetic fluke, nothing special in the least that he was aware of. Somewhere back deep in his bloodline, before his family name was known for lumberjacks, there was once a single man who was a master swordsman; hence the weird family heirloom. This ancestor had the same vivid red eyes he now carried, along with a few other recessive genes that had yet to wake up completely. Those eyes had always been the cause for a lot of the turbulence in his folk’s marriage, his father was just sure as the sun that he had been cucked. Yet all these terrible thoughts were miles away as Shin stared deeply at another person who had the same hue iris he did, and wondered fitfully if Miro also got hateful stares for those same colors.

Heat would rush into his body, followed by an unnatural fear in his gut, before Miro dropped him back onto the ground. The warmth flowing through his body let him catch the fall with a wobble, but at least he didn’t stumble back into the snow. His next task was laid out before him as the door of the chicken roost opened to reveal the chongus of hens. Taking a deep breath and closing his eyes, Shin put his hands together and followed back over the instructions laid down to him on the scroll. His hands flipped through the seals, about a whole second faster, and reopened his eyes to allow his chakra to snake back out and strike the hen. This time, he tried to hold back a little, but as Miro had guessed his control over chakra wasn’t exactly…pristine, just surprisingly able. The snake like chakra snapped out, latched onto the hen, but nothing came of it. The large black fowl continued to scoot around as if it was just another cold day. So, Shin tried again, and bit down on his lip to use pain in a sort of manner to control his chakra once more. The, invisible to him, chakra snake reached out and snapped at the hen again; this time, all hell broke lose.

The large black hen was struck enough to notice. All the creatures of the world were, theorized, to be as chakra sensitive as humans were. The creatures that shinobi were able to summon only aided to that theory. This large black hen was one of those said kind of creatures, but, without the long lived life to allow it to ascend into the ranks of Contract Summons. The hen, ruffled it’s feathers, looked at Shin, and crowed loudly before flattering it’s wings a few times. It didn’t move. It didn’t need to. Shin watched in abstract horror as the entire coop of chickens all raised in unison and descended, claw and beak first, towards the Student messing with their ranks. The student raised his arms to defend his eyes they went for immediately, and began to run around the yard as chickens glided down pecking and scratching. Undeterred, the student between screams of help would stop, duck, and allow the fowls to fly over his head before slipping his hands back into seals to try and place the Lethargy genjutsu on the large hen.

Don’t kill it, not too much…” he kept muttering to himself in a short panic between chicken attacks.

Last edited:

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
wAeyRRI.gif
‘BAHAHAHA! Too cocky for the rooster ain’t he now?!’
A boisterous guffaw echoed in my head as Naibu couldn’t stop laughing at the kids' predicament. A disappointed sigh escaped my lips, rolling my eyes. I didn’t attempt to intervene. It would be a harsh lesson to learn but if he faltered with putting a chicken under genjutsu, a ninja isn’t going to be as forgiving as the chicken. The more he tried to defend himself by applying a genjutsu onto the big rooster, more chickens would flock out from the roost, set to attack mode at the squawk of the leader's voice. Soon it was like a feather battlefield of white chickens attacking him. It took every muscle fiber in my body to remain silent. A smug snort couldn’t be contained as I let the charade carry on for a few more moments.
toss (2).gif

“Come on kid, focus up! You’d be face down in your own blood if this was an ambush.” I barked at the twit. Shenanigans like this did lighten the mood however in training everything must be taken seriously. I couldn’t stress that point enough. This led me to roll my eyes in annoyance while my hands clapped together to weave a complex hand seal. Once finished my left hands moved slowly above my head. It would be to everyone's surprise when the gravity around them would shift suddenly and they would float in the air like orange leaves in the fall weather. Shin and the chickens would lose all momentum and hover ten feet into the air. With a downward flick of my left hand I reverted the gravity around them back to normal. The chickens would have a better time reaching the ground than Shin did. I’d hope to see him perform the lesson material quickly while the chickens were left befuddled.

Ryuu Tama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
✧✧Ṩ✧✧
Claws tore at his kimono. Beaks ripped out his hair. His arms swung and knocked around at least three different hens, but they simply clucked and rolled back up to attempt another attack. Tears of pain and frustration beaded around the corner of his eyes, ones that froze over almost as quickly as they formed while his hands repeated the same seals to reach out and strike the big fowl; missing by that much every time. The heat of the Genjutsu that Miro used to heat his body up wasn’t helping either, as the sudden movements to dodge fowl only raised his natural core temperature as well. His asthma was kicking harder, his lungs felt like they might literally be on fire, and his vision was becoming more and more blurred with each cast of chakra.

Finally, he got a break. After Miro shouted that he needed to pick it up he found his feet shortly after being lifted from the ground. A small panic took him as he thought that his Sensei had managed to reach into the cloud of feathers n’ fury to pluck him out; she was easily that capable. Instead Shinjo witnessed as fowl floated around him too, stopping just short the chicken claw that nearly took out an eye. As he was suspended in the air, in that quick moment of calm, the Student found his footing so to speak. While hanging upside down he glared hard at the rooster and shifted the handseals for his technique one last time, but this time threw his arm out as if he was using a projectile. Shin imagined the chakra he was using as a snake, the shape of his power manifesting itself to Miro’s sharingan in that way, that engulfed the roster this time instead of aiming directly for the fowl’s brain. The teen clutched his fist and the large black bird suddenly stopped crowing and fell over. Miro’s gravity manipulation finished and the Student found himself suddenly falling.

The younger teen dropped on his head as the other birds either landed flat with him or also found their footing and glided down. Yet even as he laid there on his back his eyes reflected the retained focus needed to keep the illusionary sleep from breaking, until the boy formed the seals to force the Genjutsu to shatter. The rooster woke up, clucked, took two steps, and fell back over. It wasn’t dead, this time, but might as well be as the part of it’s brain that allowed it motor function was frazzled just beyond repair; a far more delicate process than he had originally imagined. In the heat of combat Shinjo saw that his chakra just wasn’t strong enough so he threw in twice as much. Using the full amount of energy needed for the Genjutsu helped something ‘click’ in his mind. He reversed the chakra usage for Shatter and Lethargy. Now the cold snow and wind swirled around his body as he breathed heavy in the attempt to get his wind back.

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Watching the panic set into his body brought me joy. The aerial display of chickens fluttering about with feathers everywhere and dirt levitating next to him, Shinjo pathetically took up their way of life. Flapping about in the sky until— I saw him focus his chakra. His cold hands clashed together to weave out the seal for lethargy and finally he passed his failures to project his chakra skillfully. The essence moved like a lurching viper towards the alpha rooster. Shinjo encased it’s body with chakra and immediately the bird began to nod off and drift in the air.

Everything inside my jutsu fell gracefully from the air onto the ground. Chickens can’t fly but they sure as hell can flap their wings and try to fall in style. Shinjo on the other hand, not a bird, fell faster than a boulder and crashed onto the floor. Void of emotion I watched him crash. Naibu couldn’t help but cloud my thoughts with her laughter. The voice fell quiet when she noticed his unwavering concentration to shatter his enemies mind even as he hit the ground. That itself forced a smile smirk of commendation out of myself.

The rooster didn’t squawk because its ability to do something was severed instantly. For a few moments the braindead rooster stumbled about then fell still in the ground. I glanced down at the boy who panted heavily in the snow. His determination for success felt surreal to her. The same energy that coursed through his veins to be successful in the ninja world radiated through my own too. A great decision to guide him into the ANBU like the many others I’ve been coercing to too. However his irregular and sporadic breathing would prove a worthy obstacle to overcome. I stepped past his body and stood before the rooster. A quick glance was all I needed to see that he performed well. No blood, no excessive abuse was shown from it’s physical body. My hand rose from my side to prop itself on my hip. “Heh. When you’re done struggling to breathe you should compare your own work.”

In a smug tone, I turned back around and walked up to him. “From the looks of it I’ll give you a passing grade.” My arms folded underneath my bust. These things are starting to be in the way. “I tell this to each of my students. I recommend you train here longer to perfect your newly found jutsu, then master it by the weekend.” I didn’t extend a helping hand out to the boy with the fake hands. Simply turning away I made my way towards the trail back to the academy. I stopped before I walked too far away from him. “We will be in touch, Tsukinowa Shinjo. Be sure to be ready for the next tutor you encounter.” A wicked giggle erupted past my lips. Walking up towards the trail the snow that fluttered gently began to pick up pace over time. ‘Think he’ll be useful to the ANBU?’ Naibu chimed in once again. ‘Too early to tell. I need lethal soldiers, not asthma plagued children.’ Mentally fanning her concern away, there’s too much to deal with currently.

[Tutor complete!]
[Topic left unless stopped.]

Ryuu Tama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
✧✧Ṩ✧✧
Shinjo laid there on the ground. His lungs felt like fire, ice, and more fire. He heard Miro praising his efforts but her words floated in one ear and out the other. Shin understood what it was his sensei was trying to tell him, but the buzz in his head from the over exertion of using chakra had worn him out to a point he felt like passing out. Instead, despite the edges of unconsciousness threatening his vision, he simply laid in the snow staring at the flakes that dropped from the gray cold sky above while the chickens clucked and walked around his body.

Eventually, Shinjo would roll over and do exactly as Miro asked him to. He compared the two fowl he had killed and immediately understood the nuance needed in Genjutsu. Just like that, it clicked. He coughed once and shivered as the wind picked up. His breathing was becoming ragged again. The Genjutsu Miro had used to keep him warm had faded soon after her exit as well, allowing the cold air to creep into his muscles. He now had a ton of questions to ask as well, and turned to face the door he had been lead out of originally. Shin’s dark red eyes gazed upwards towards the building’s higher reaches as a feeling of confidence swirled around him. He had been excited to enter the Academy, but also terrified. The fear his father had drove deep into his psyche constantly wared against the trigger Miro had accidentally left. Now that he had controlled his own power for the first time, Shin knew that he only needed some questions to be answered and he’d have complete control.

The Tsukinowa spent the next quick few months mastering everything he could get his hands on. Every thing placed before him to master had been done so, with gusto. There was nothing that the Student could not pick up and understand after three days of practice, and it wasn’t long before the boy started to out pace other children who had been there for years with little help. His name was on every teacher’s lips as the first true chakra genius the Lightning Country had seen in years. As if, for some reason, living near the port did little to dampen his chakra potential, or perhaps, being high above whatever made chakra molding so rare in the land below, his coil was able to grow naturally. The answer, currently, remained shrouded in mystery.

[Topic Left]
[This was fun, next one should be even more fun.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back