Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Taking a Break from the Bureaucracy [Open]

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Taking a walk around Hokage Rock used to be such a pleasant jaunt, but with more members of her clan in town, it was more or less inevitable that she would run into them more often. All she wanted was a silent stroll, instead she had clan members vying for her attention and issuing queries. While her husband was away, it was up to her to run the clan, which is all well and good until you realized just how much schmoozing some of the clan members perform just to manipulate their way closer to the clan head. As if brown-nosing would ever do anything but make her or Maki less amicable to these... annoyances.

At one point she actually had to cast a genjutsu around her to make them think they only some someone that sort of looked like her and then she had to literally henge into a tree! These money-grubbing pests were getting on her last nerve. With a sigh, Hoshirei sat on the edge of the cliff next to the carved faces. While she didn't see him very often, Hoshirei missed Maki's presence in the village. He always had this presence about him which soothed her somehow. She had this jittery feeling that started less than a month after Maki left the village, like something wasn't quite right.

Hoshirei looked out over her home. Konoha had long been her home and some individuals in her clan decided that she was an outsider because of that fact. They didn't care that she was the cousin of the previous clan head since she had grown up outside of the clan. The only part of stepping into Maki's shoes while he was away, which she found enjoyable, was shutting down the elders who thought she might be a doormat. Seeing their countenance turn and tone change from a pandering smile to grudging respect was glorious. A small smirk graced her face and she leaned back onto her hands just taking in the sights, sounds and smells of Konoha.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren was just out for a walk. A lot seemed quiet today for him as nothing out of the ordinary seemed to be happening. That is, until he seen a girl get chased around by some people.

He wrote it off as probably some actress wanting some time alone from some crazy fans, though he wouldn't know why they would be filming here. His theory took a twist when the woman cast a Genjustu on those who were chasing her.

That's when he realized. This woman seemed familiar, but he couldn't quite put a finger on it. Maybe a quick hello might jog the memories.

Today, Ziren wore a plain red shirt with black jeans, he decided not to wear contacts as his eyes had the swirling blood of an adept Chigokai in them. He had also donned his metal arm, where his left arm once was. The metal sleek and smooth. Because of so much attention he sometimes gets because of having a metal arm, Ziren had a black glove with sleeves that goes up to the elbow, where his arm was cut off at.

Ziren slid down and landed on top of one of the carved faces, to not startle the woman. "This is one of the best places to be. To just sit back and enjoy life, right? Though I like it even more at night, when it is so peaceful, and quiet."

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Footsteps broke through the birdsong around them as Ziren approached where she sat. When he sat down on one of the carved faces, she couldn't help but softly snort in laughter. Wasn't the young man's fault that he sat on a ghost cat's tail after all. The cat just mewed plaintively at Hoshirei before sauntering off into the trees to torment any ghost rats running amok. She looked over just in time to make eye contact as Ziren spoke.

A contented sigh issued from Hoshirei as she looked out over the village again with a smile on her face. "It is rather picturesque, isn't it? The stars are wonderful as well, though looking down on the hustle and bustle can be nice. Just witnessing people moving about their lives can be soothing. So many things have changed for me as of late, it is nice to see that some things stay the same."

She paused for a moment before continuing, "I do not believe I have yet to have the pleasure of making your acquaintance. I'm Hoshirei, and you are?"

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren didn't know why the woman was laughing at him, did he say something funny. He had a confused look upon his face. But he then proceeded to lay down on the rocky texture.

He looked up at the sky.he listened to what she had to say. "I know exactly where you are coming from. I also, have had a lot of changes happening to me as well. Some for the best... Others... The worst... It is calming to see that, as you say, some things stay the same. I always like to look up, for sometimes there night be answers in the stars. Even though I am not even close to being philosophical at all."

He stopped and listened as she introduced herself. Hoshirei. He really couldn't put a finger on it but it sounded familiar. "Chigokai Ziren." He introduced himself. He knew that if anyone heard that clans name, they would think ill of him. Mainly because of how sinister and scary they may seem. But he isn't like his other relatives. He will make a name for himself that makes Chigokai mean more than just sinister blood powers.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The stars were certainly another constant, though she tended to stay closer to home at night when in Konoha. She had been branching out a bit more and with the clan headship on her shoulders currently she definitely needed to make more time to see the stars from this place. Her green eyes looked over at Ziren when he mentioned finding answers in the night sky. Her answers tended to come from the dead instead of any other source, though it was interesting to think that maybe at least contemplating things by looking at the stars could guide one's decisions.

He then introduced himself, using his clan name. She felt a little odd for not using hers in that moment. "Chigokai, eh? That's neat. I am of the Isaki clan myself. A lot of us tend to be able to see and speak with the dead. Always made me stand apart from my peers in the academy. The history professor hated when I corrected him though it wasn't really me, it was the ghostly professor berating the man for telling things wrong the whole time. Learned more from that ghost professor while I was in the academy than from the living one. Oh, I was chuckling because you almost sat on a ghost cat, by the way. It's off chasing other ghostly critters now, I assume."

"Your tone changed a little bit when you said your clan name as opposed to your given name. I understand family legacy can be difficult, but you will certainly have others who will just see you as Ziren. After all, who would have thought that someone with their head in the clouds could lead a clan. Yet I have been doing it while Maki is away. It is good to stick it to those who would judge you based on your name or upbringing, no?"

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren listened to what the woman had to say. And it was safe to say that it was a lot to take in. He was surprised that he had almost sat on a ghost cat, being that he is a dark sage, and dealing with death constantly now, one would think that they would be aware of spirits around them. But in Ziren's case, he had been much too relying on his Chigokai abilities. Especially to hear blood in order to know if things are near him or not. Speaking of the Chigokai clan, the woman tried to be helpful and supportive to him about family legacy and whatnot. And then she mentioned Maki. On the outside, he didn't show any surprise, but on the inside was full of it.

It's true that Maki has been missing, kidnapped even by unknown enemies. From when he was in the ANBU meeting. And he doesn't remember this woman being there. At best, she is a loved one of Maki's, at worst... Either way, Ziren will have to play it off.

"You say that you see ghosts? Isn't that become scary at some point? Like you see something that is far worst than just the normal run of the mill spirit?"

He then stopped as he thought about his next words. "I'm different from my relatives. I do not seek out blood lust and killing. Heck, I never knew I was a Chigokai until some odd years ago. Before, I thought I was cursed. Mainly because all those that had cared for me had died. I've managed to piece some of the puzzle back together and found out that my older brother was the one that started it all, in making my life a living hell. He is dead now... But there is still someone out there. Someone who had done just as much."

Ziren stopped. He was starting to sound like he was all about revenge. Which he wasn't. "I didn't do it for revenge. My brother found me, after looking for so long, that he found me here. And he became a threat the the Village. If the other person connected to making my life hell decides to show up, then I would do the same thing. To protect my new family inside the Leaf."

Ziren paused once more. "Sorry for rambling on. I just have a lot on my mind."

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
“Seeing ghosts isn’t too scary for the most part. Most of the time you can’t even tell how they died and it’s not like they remember anyway. Every now and again I’ll see a ghost where it’s obvious how they died. Those ones used to creep me out when I was younger. Really the hardest part is getting to know a ghost, or having one around for a long time, and then they pass on. My father did that. Helped raise me even though he was dead.”

Hoshirei looked away from Ziren and out over the village again before continuing. “My clan isn’t much better in some ways. If there is money in it, a lot of them would turn on their family. It is difficult handle some of them. While Maki is away, it’s my job to guide the clan. There is one older member of the clan in particular that I just can’t stand. He manipulated my mother for years before she took her life so that I wouldn’t have to deal with him. Have to deal with him now though. I wish I could call my cousin back out of retirement sometimes, but he deserves his rest and a break from assassination attempts. Maki has a way of handling the elders that I wish I could emulate better than I do. I’m out here getting away from them for Kami’s sake.”

When the young man beside her spoke about his brother’s death not being revenge, Hoshirei just waved a hand almost dismissively. “If it was for the village, what does it matter if it had a smidgen of revenge layered through it? Revenge can be a useful tool if you keep a clear head as to why it is needed and do not allow your emotions to over power your senses.”

“Enough seriousness. What are some of your favorite things to do when you have downtime? Aside from watching the stars, of course.”

________________________________________________________________________________
OOC: Sorry this took longer than I anticipated....
MFT; WC: 326

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren listened as the woman talked about how of her talks with the dead really weren't all that bad. Well, except for the part when the ghosts finally pass on to the afterlife. Her talk of her father raising her even after death, actually made a tear form from his eyes.

"I never knew my father. As said before, his life was taken by the other one responsible for making my life a living hell before coming to the Leaf. Didn't make it any easier that I never found that potential father figure, got into some trouble here and there." He let it drop at that as he listened to what Hoshirei had to say about her own family.

She talked about Maki again, and then this was when Ziren remembered about where he had seen this woman. Back in Tea. There was a wedding that he was attending at. It ended up in a good fight, but he does remember that beside Maki, was this woman. Great, now this will be even more hard to not tell her about what happened to him. He bit the inside of his mouth as he thought of what to say, but thankfully, she changed the subject to ask him what was the favorite things he likes to do.

A smile spread across his face, thinking of the things that are his favorite things to do. "I like to spend time with my soon to be wife, Uchiha Hana." Ziren said, pulling out a ring with a pink crystal in it. "She means the world to me. And a friend I have, Soku. Me and her always have good talks, she's like a little sister to me."

(Ooc: it's all good, understand life gets busy)

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Watching a smile bloom on anyone's face was always a joy and his words made his smile adorable in Hoshirei's eyes. She looked at the ring in Ziren's hand and smiled softly. "It is good to have someone to love and care for. The ring is beautiful, by the way." Hoshirei folded her hands together, and sighed softly, "Maki and I may not have been a love match, but one can hope for the best in the future. I just hope he is alright. It is strange for him to have made no contact like this. Probably off on some mission and got caught up in something again."

A soft crunch of gravel under foot sounded behind them and Hoshirei quickly turned to see what made the noise, but saw nothing. Her eyes narrowed as she stared and reached out to see if there was any active genjutsu nearby. Her senses picked up nothing, so she shook her head minutely and turned back to her conversation. The sound must have come from an animal. Hopefully it came from an animal.

"I've always enjoyed getting to know people and listen to their stories. It is amazing what you can learn when you just take a moment to listen and ask the right questions." She stood and stretched minutely, rolling her shoulders to relieve tension and turning her head until soft pops issued from her neck. "It was good to speak with you, Ziren. Perhaps next time we meet you'll be able to introduce me to your beloved. Until then." Hoshirei turned toward the path back toward the village, ready to head home for the day.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
They kept talking, and she brought up Maki again. He could hear the worry in her voice. He understands where she is coming from. Ziren couldn't imagine a world in which his beloved disappears. But, even as he was separated from the ANBU, and told of Maki's disappearance. He does not have the right to tell her. If being in the ANBU taught him one thing, it was to keep secrets. No matter how much it can hurt to not tell.

He doesn't know why she hasn't been informed yet of the situation. But he can only expect that they are doing this so she can have a clear head, to focus on her clan and any other important tasks that she has around the village.

Then they heard something. She doesn't know what it was, but Ziren could tell from the blood flow that it was some sort of small animal. She then talked and got up. Ziren stayed sitting where he was. "Nice talking to you too, Hoshirei. And I'm sure my wife and you would get along well."

As she left, Ziren stayed there, sitting. Few hours roll by and it was near midnight. And all throughout that time, Ziren was staring out at the stars. That is, until he was starting to drift off to sleep. He got up and let out a yawn, before heading out himself, back to his own home.

(Topic left)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back