Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Tama and Tomo in: Temple of Travesty [Private Kinjutsu App]

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
*Six Years Ago*
TomoAvatargreyeyeprofilepic_zpsd2f37c2d.jpg

Mochizuki Tomo - Age 17

Tomo sighed in relief as he and his sister finally reached the top of the stairs. He looked to Tama, who didn't seem fazed in the least by the two hour climb they'd just completed. Tomo saw a nearby stump and let himself fall onto it. "Let's take a break." Of course, his sister complained about having to stop, but she let him rest nonetheless. Tomo looked at the temple before them. It didn't appear very large, but supposedly it had a secret passage that led to a tomb hidden within the mountain. The genin pulled out the reports he had collected before leaving the village. Rumors had been spreading about this temple, how lately whomever entered was changed, their personality, sometimes their appearance. Some believed it was possession while others claimed people were having their identities stolen by bandits. Either way, this was becoming a problem, one that needed to be fixed.

After a few minutes Tomo felt ready to continue. He stood and began walking towards the temple. Tama rushed past him, being her usual hyperactive self. When they entered the building, a chill ran through Tomo's body, one he couldn't explain. It wasn't cold, yet he began instinctively rubbing his arms. It was Tama who reached the small shrine in the back first, and she began moving stuff around, trying to find the secret entrance. Tomo ran up to her. "Oi! Stop that Tama! Just because we need to find the entrance doesn't mean we should start defiling the shrine." Tomo began examining the idol near at the back of the room, searching for any sign of a lever or button. After ten minutes, Tomo stood up straight and removed his hat, scratching his head in frustration. I guess behind the idol would be too obvious...

Tomo returned his fedora to his head and began searching the surrounding area, looking under tapestries, tapping the floorboards with his toe. When he lifted the last tapestry hanging on the southeastern wall, Tomo could smell a dank odor. He turned to his sister who had meandered to the other side of the temple. "I think I found it Tama." Tomo pulled the tapestry down and put a hand to his chin. "But I don't see a switch anywhere." As he scanned the wall for some kind of clue, he heard his sister yell. "I got this Bro!" Tomo perceived quick footsteps coming closer and turned his head back. Tama was barreling towards the wall, her right fist winding up. Tomo barely had enough time to stumble out of the way before Tama's fist made contact with the wooden wall. The cracking of wood filled the temple as Tama's punch splintered the wall, exposing an entrance with a stairwell going down. Tomo shook his head, placing his fingers on his forehead. "So much for not defiling the temple. Well, no use worrying about it now." Tomo moved next to his sister and began pulling at the wood, making the hole bigger. When it was large enough for them to fit through, they entered the opening and made their way downwards.

As the two reached the bottom of the stairs, the wall on the left caught Tomo's attention. Upon it was carved writing and Tomo walked up to it to get a better look. The message was old and worn out, with some of the characters almost unreadable. However, Tomo did his best to fill in the gaps as he read the text out loud. "Here lies the souls of warriors and lovers, young and old. If you dare to proceed, know that all who rest here wish to return to the living. There will be trials to overcome, and in the end, you must face yourself. Should you succeed, you shall be stronger for it. However, should you fail, everything shall be taken from you. You have been warned." Tomo crossed his arms and tapped his foot while thinking. "Maybe we should call for a spiritualist. If there really are evil ghosts here, I'm sure people will want them exorci..." Hearing footsteps traveling away from him, Tomo stopped mid-word to see Tama running off into the tomb. "Tama!" Tomo paused, unsure of what to do. "Grrr....stupid Tama." Tomo ran after her.

After two minutes, Tomo realized that he wouldn't be able to catch her. He slowed to a walk and continued onward at his own pace. He looked back and forth between the walls a chill running down his spine every once in a while. Tomo wasn't afraid of the dark itself, but something about dark enclosed spaces caused him anxiety. Tomo could hear whispers, and flashbacks to his time in the caves with the toad and village Sennin flooded back to him. He lifted his right hand and stared at the black symbol on the back of it. He still hadn't attempted to summon the toads yet. Part of him was worried about putting a living thing in danger when he could just use his ink creations. Not to mention he couldn't completely control another living thing. Tomo lowered his hand and continued forward.

After what felt like hours of walking, Tomo came upon a split in the tunnels. He looked back and forth between the two openings. He examined the ground and the walls but couldn't see any sign of which path Tama had taken. He shrugged and took the left one, hoping that the tunnels would meet up if he chose incorrectly. The whispers were getting louder, and he could actually hear what they said. "Come boy, we shall take you for our own." Tomo felt something cold against his cheek and he flinched instinctively. "I'm tired of these motherflippin' ghosts in this motherflippin' cave." Tomo's grumbling persisted until he reached a large room. There were multiple gaps that lined the walls to his left and right. Filling in these gaps were urns, coffins, and even skeletons that had simply been tossed in this cavern without a ritual. Oddly enough, there were no bones scattered on the floor, something Tomo was preparing himself for mentally every since coming into the tomb.

Tomo proceeded into the center of the room and a creepy giggle resonated from the walls. Tomo looked around, spinning once before coming face to face with a black-haired woman. "Whoa!" The genin fell back in surprise and the woman cackled in response. His eyes glanced up and down, and sure enough, the woman was indeed a ghost. He could see through her, and there was a gap between the floor and the woman's white kimono. The ghost floated down to meet Tomo's eyes and spoke. "It's not often we get someone so...young and beautiful." She moved behind Tomo and leaned over him. "My, you are pretty as a girl. Surely you have been told this?" Tomo inhaled and exhaled slowly, trying to calm himself down. He rose from the ground and stood as straight as he could. "Yes, I have. But what does that have to do with anything?" The ghost continued to circle Tomo as she spoke. "Why, because it bothers you, does it not? What if I told you I could make you more manly? Would you like that?"

A sensation swept over Tomo, and his eyes fell to the ground. It looked farther away than he remembered. He looked at his hands, which appeared larger. The ghost pulled a silver urn from one of the nooks and placed it in front of Tomo. His face was more masculine and his eyes were sharper. The woman gave a smile, one that would have looked gentle if not for her cold eyes. "This is what you want. To be your own man, to no longer be thought of as a girl. For women and men alike to respect you. To have whatever woman you desire."

Tomo took in a breath and held it. He could feel it, this ghost was using Genjutsu, not only to change how he perceived himself, but also affecting his thoughts. He felt an urge to succumb to the woman's suggestions, to agree to whatever she told him. Tomo exhaled slowly, pushing the foggy feeling away from his mind. He crossed his arms and met the woman's eyes. "I am who I am. Everyone wants to change something about themselves. To overcome that desire and accept who you are is one of the many ways to make one's self stronger. My body might not be strong, but my resolve is." The ghost chuckled before moving slowly towards the wall to the right. "We'll see if you can keep that resolve boy." Once her sentence was finished, the woman disappeared into the wall, the urn she had been holding dropped onto the floor with a clatter. Tomo didn't move as he replayed the event over in his head. In the end...you must face yourself... I guess whoever carved that message wasn't kidding. With his mind more mentally prepared for the task at hand, Tomo made his way out of the room.

The musty smell lingering in the tunnels was causing Tomo's nose to twitch, and he let out a giant sneeze. The sound echoed throughout the cave and a small rumble followed in the distance. "Great, did my sneeze really cause the tunnel to collapse?" Tomo proceeded down the path, a slight twinge of fear coursing through him as he imagined seeing Tama caught under a cave-in. Tomo picked up his pace, only to find that a few rocks had merely jostled loose and not the whole tunnel. He sighed in relief but felt silly for worrying about Tama. "She's far stronger than I am. A cave-in isn't going to bring her down anytime soon."

Tomo finally made it to the next room, which looked identical to the previous one. When he reached its center, a strong chill filled the air. Tomo braced himself, searching for the ghost that would surely materialize. This time a child appeared, a young boy in a torn hakama. He looked so real that Tomo approached him. The genin knelt down to get a better look, and the child cheerfully smiled. "Wow, you actually knelt down to check on me? I'm shocked!" Tomo stood again, his brows furrowed in confusion. "Mister, you aren't very compassionate, are you?" The genin placed a hand on his hip, curious as to where this boy was going to take the conversation. "You pretend to care about people, but you really don't. All that matters is you and your work. Not even your own twin gets treated with kindness." Tomo looked away as the boy's words sunk in. It was true, Tomo had never been one for compassion, at least not the amount some of his kinder family members had. It was all about profit. His whole persona was created just to manipulate girls to come to his shows. He didn't care about his fans or much of anyone. And Tama...he just couldn't bring himself to be nice to Tama. The boy giggled. "See? Well, if you accept me, then you will be one step closer to becoming a more passionate individual!" The boy's smile was bright and innocent as he held out his hand to Tomo. The blonde stared at the outstretched hand, and he felt his own move slowly.

Their fingers almost met when Tomo clenched his fist. "No. I don't need to be compassionate. I have a sense of justice just as any other. I care for those who are important to me. I don't have to love everyone to be a good person. I just have to do what I think is right, and everything should work out. And even if I do something wrong, as long as I learn from my mistakes, I will grow." Even Tomo wasn't sure if his words truly meant anything, but they felt right to say. The small child began to pout, stomping his foot on the ground. "Boo. You're no fun." And with that, the kid vanished. Tomo rubbed his eyes, trying to drive out the genjutsu clouding his mind. He lightly bit his lower lip. "This isn't good. He almost had me...if there's another challenge..." Not wanting to dwell on the thought, Tomo continued onward.

The teen reached the next room surprisingly fast, and dug his nails into his hands. Focus Tomo, focus. No mind tricks. Focus. This time, a large man appeared clad in samurai armor. Hoping to dispel his nervousness with humor, Tomo scoffed lightly. "Sorry buddy, an earlier one already tried the 'making me butch' tactic." The large man stopped before Tomo, his towering figure looming over the blonde. "Cowardice. That is what is deep within you. You fear death. You fear pain. You fear failure. Your apprehension to the world makes you weak. I will make you strong, as you were meant to be." Tomo covered his ears as screaming rang within them. He fell to the ground, his body shaking from terror. He closed his eyes as he saw decapitated hands creeping towards him. Even with his view obstructed, he could feel them, feel the fingers as they crawled over his body. His teeth were clenched as his breathing became heavy. His heart felt like it would pound out of his chest cavity. "ENOUGH!" As his shout reverberated off the walls, Tomo sent an intense burst of electricity coursing through him. The jolt was painful, but cleared his head. Before the ghost could use its mind tricks again, Tomo stood abruptly. His eyes rested on the samurai, and though they held defiance, a spark of fear still hid within them. His voice shook as he spoke. "People aren't born strong. They only grow stronger little by little, by encountering difficult situations and learning not to run from them, no matter how frightening or daunting they may be."

Tomo held his ground, and eventually the samurai grunted in disapproval. "You should have accepted my offer boy." The ghost disappeared behind a wall, and Tomo again fell to his knees. He rubbed his arms to warm himself, though it wasn't the outside of his body that was cold. The teen smiled as he recalled his words. They were from a play his family put on. More specifically, it was a quote his mother had read to the audience during a very touching scene. The blonde inwardly thanked his mother threefold as he lifted himself to his feet. "Dear Raiden, please let that be the last of them."

Proceeding further into the tomb, Tomo's mind thought back to the words at the beginning of the maze. Normally trials came in threes...so he should be done with whatever this game was, right? All that was left...was to face himself. He pondered on the exact wording. "It said face yourself, but it feels like I've already been doing that. Have I passed? Maybe I'll have to fight an illusion of myself. As a late teenage genin, I probably wouldn't be all that difficult to battle...though I'm not sure if that should reassure me or not..." Tomo's mumbling trailed off as he entered a large room. It looked like it was meant for rituals, probably to help spirits pass to the afterlife. However...it was covered in dirt and cobwebs. With how unkempt it was, there was no longer any doubt as to why there were evil spirits here. "We DEFINITELY should have called a spiritualist."

As Tomo said this, his eyes caught movement and he quickly pulled out his weapon, Astrosigil, in bow form. As he was about to release an arrow, he let out an exasperated sigh. "Tama." He lowered his weapon and approached his twin, giving her a glare like none other. "What kind of idiot wanders off into a tomb?! Don't answer, it's rhetorical." Sighing again, Tomo motioned for his sister to follow him. "Well, it doesn't matter now. Let's just get out of here and call for someone more qualified to take care of this sh..." Tomo's word was cut off as his face hit something. Rubbing his nose, he tried to push his palm past the exit. It was blocked by an invisible barrier. He could sense spiritual power emanating from it. "Oh you have GOT to be kidding me!" The teen looked to the other exit, which felt to be blocked as well. In frustration, the boy kicked the barrier with his boot, only to wince at the impact. He clicked his tongue as he shook out his now aching toe. "Alright...remain calm...maybe we can overcharge it with chakra and..."

Two laughs mingled together, resonating behind him. He turned, but no one was there. Despite the emptiness in the room, voices began to speak.
"Prepare for terror!"
"That comes in pair..ers... I told you that doesn't sound right."
"Shh! You're ruining it. Just keep going."
"Okay, fine."

An odd green fog began to fill the room from the center of the ceiling, and two figures floated down from it. It was a man and woman, their black hair and green eyes dulled due to their ghostly translucence. Though one wore a simple kimono, and the other an elaborate one, it was obvious that the two were twins.
Twin%20Ghosts%20resized_zpseesi5it4.jpg
Once they had fully lowered to the ground, they placed themselves back to back.

"To guard the world from twin oppression."
"To assist all twins in their succession."
"To condemn the taboos of sibling love."
"To transcend the limits of those above."
"Haruki!"
"Haruko!"
"Twin romance weighs you down but makes your heart light."
"Surrender your bodies, or prepare to fight!"
"Quite right!"

Once finished, the ghosts entered a fighting stance, holding their hands like blades. Tomo scratched the back of his head. "Listen folks, I don't know what weird issues you've got, and frankly, I don't want to know. We just want to get out of this place. So if you would be so kind as to let down the barrier so we can..." Tama's comment was irrelevant, and didn't help to diffuse the situation. In fact, the ghosts seemed a bit more perturbed, and they motioned their hands towards the urn near Tama. The ashes floated up from the container and held in the air, a green hue to them much like their owners. However, they dispersed, and Tomo's eyes darted back and forth in an attempt to locate them. They were so tiny...there would be no way to properly see them in this state. The boy felt an odd tingling sensation, and he jumped back just in time to avoid a blade of ash aimed for his chest. "Crap!" Tomo ran to his sister and without a single hand seal, erected an ink barrier.

The black dome was quiet for a moment before loud thuds resonated within. Tomo looked to Tama. "Listen, I don't know what the heck you did, but we can't take these two out...or at least I can't. We need to get out of here." Tomo felt every pound from the giant ash blade as it attempted to shatter his jutsu. Tama's effort to disperse Tomo's blame was futile. He sighed. "Whenever you get a chance, attack the barrier blocking the exit. With luck we can break it down and make our escape." Another bang from the ash blade...they wouldn't be safe for much longer. "I'm going to try to cover the ashes with ink. Hopefully it will make them a bit easier to see. On my mark, jump to your right out of the barrier." The Mochizuki twins readied themselves on either side of the barrier. Tomo placed a hand on his creation to better sense his enemies movements. His body shivered lightly as he felt the ash blade begin to fall. "NOW!" The bottom of the ink dome flipped up, creating a small roof over their heads. Tomo jumped to the left and unhardened his ink. The ashes passed through the layer of ink before the leftover liquid splashed to the ground.

Tomo's plan had worked, and though they were still difficult to see, the ashes were more visible than they were before. Also, Tomo could more easily sense them thanks to the chakra he had infused into the ink. Keeping his body tense, Tomo made a break for the exit, as it was closer to him at the moment. Switching Astrosigil to spear form, Tomo slammed the bladed tip into the barrier. It ricochet off, the barrier not even sustaining a single scratch. Tomo clicked his tongue in frustration, before dodging to the left of the exit, narrowly avoided a needle of ash. Tomo's eyes glanced to where the attack had come from. It seemed that the twin rivals had split as well. Haruki was facing Tomo, a cloud of ash silently swirling around him. The blonde boy ran towards his opponent and thrust his spear forward. The weapon pierced the ghost, who didn't seem all that perturbed by it. "Son of a..." Tomo had no time to finish his curse as a block of ash attempted to squash him from above. The ghost man gave a light chuckle. "Come now. Such vulgarity is unbecoming of my future body. I'll have to wash its mouth out with soap when we're done." Tomo's mind whirled as he took in the information, ignoring Haruki's taunt. Can't be physically harmed. Attack with jutsu if necessary. Stick with plan to run.

Tomo jumped and rolled as he avoided Haruki's attacks. The boy kept eyeing the exit, hoping to find another opening. Seeing a possible opportunity, Tomo rushed for the barrier. A wall of ash blocked his path, and the blonde had to blast wind out of his hands to push himself away from the obstacle. The gust launched him into the air, and he flipped once. He stumbled upon his descent, giving Haruki the chance he'd been waiting for. Three ash needles pierced Tomo's skin, the gashes ran up his left arm. The boy sucked in air through his teeth as the pain sunk in. However, the dull pain intensified as it felt like something was seeping into his flesh. Tomo's eyes widened as he began to suspect what the ghosts were attempting to do. His gaze flicked to Tama as an ash blade nicked her chin. Tomo watched as the ash soaked into the blue-haired twin. Tomo would have shouted, but he feared that his voice would distract his sister. Instead, he focused on evading the ash that was attacked relentlessly.

Changing his strategy, Tomo switched his weapon to bow form. Whenever a gap in Haruki's assault presented itself, the blonde would shoot an electric arrow at the barrier. He spared a glare at Tama from time to time, as the hot-blooded girl refused to help break down the barrier, instead wanting to beat the ghosts in a fight. The genin's breath became labored as exhaustion began to set in. Between dodging Haruki and using his chakra to power up his arrows, Tomo was feeling the strain. A spear of ash aimed at Tomo's heart tore through the air. It would have hit its mark had it not been for Tama tackling her twin out of the way. The two tumbled before landing on their feet, Tama far more gracefully than Tomo. The blue-haired girl gave Tomo a wink and thumbs up, as if she had performed an effortless feat. However, it was plain to see that Tama was rather fatigued herself. Their only chance would be to escape, and knowing that Tama had forsaken Tomo's plan to break down the barrier, the genin took it upon himself to keep the two alive.

Leaving Tama to hold the ghost twins off, Tomo made a last ditch effort to destroy the barrier. He dashed for the exit, putting every last ounce of chakra into Astrosigil as he charged it with electricity. The weapon morphed, taking its spear form yet again. "Hyaaaaaaah!" He thrust with all his might, and the resulting blow sent bolts of lightning sizzling around him. For a moment, it appeared that the spear had pierced the barrier. However, a strong burst of spiritual energy reflected Tomo's attack, causing him to stagger back. Tomo's face burned with rage. "Damn it, let us OUT!" Tomo's usually calm demeanor had been overtaken by fear and frustration. Paying no attention to the battle behind him, Tomo continued to slam his spear against the barrier. However, his adrenaline could only fuel him so far as each strike began to lose strength. He threw the weapon against the barricade, and it clattered to the ground innocently. The boy's eye twitched. Stupid Tama! If she had just destroyed the barrier earlier like I TOLD her to, we would have been out by now!

His distracted thought was interrupted as a shiver ran down his spine. He turned to see a giant sword of ash soaring straight for him. With his strength spent, he couldn't move his body. All he could do was observe the attack that would bring about his death. However, a body entered into his field of vision. It was Tama, and air caught in his throat as he watched the scene unfold. Tomo's arms lifted as the girl was hit with the ash. Her body flew back, the force of the blow pushing her into Tomo's chest. They fell back together, and Tomo gazed down at his sister. Her torso was stained red, her eyes already beginning to droop. She asked if she'd made him proud, and the blonde's eyesight grew blurry in response. Her eyes fully closed. "T...Tama?" Tomo lightly shook his twin, hoping to rouse her. "Tama...Tama!" He jostled her harder as fear took over. "Damn it Tama! For once in your life, listen to me! Wake up! WAKE UP!" The tears began to flow down his cheeks, splashing upon his twin's face. "Not like this...not like this! You can't die protecting me! You can't die!" The hairs upon Tomo's neck bristled as he felt a rush of air behind him. However, despair had taken over, and he no longer cared what happened. His sister was gone...and without her, the barrier would never fall. His eyes widened as the ash pierced him from behind. His back arched in response before he began to fall forward. The last of his tears trickled down his cheeks as he fell upon his twin's motionless body. With the last of his breath, Tomo said words he had never spoken aloud. "I love you Tama." Darkness descended upon the genin.
*???*​

Tomo's eyes opened slowly, their focus lost for a few moments. His gaze fell down, and he realized that he was floating in nothingness. Below was a giant board that spanned the reaches of Tomo's sight. A chuckle before him caught Tomo's attention. It was Haruki, his body looking much more solid than the genin remembered. Haruki flicked his black bangs out of his eyes. "My Tomo-boy, what an interesting defense you have. I'm surprised, considering your behavior earlier." Without the fear of battle distracting his mind, Tomo took everything in, piecing together what he could. He spoke his thoughts out loud. "My defense...so this area is...my mind...we're in...my mind?" Haruki clapped. "Yes yes. I am thrilled that you are brighter than you first appeared. I would hate to dominate you too easily." Tomo closed his eyes, still working out his predicament. "So you are attempting to take over my body...but you have to defeat me mentally. This game below us...this is how my mind deems to test you?" Haruki floated to Tomo and wrapped an arm around the boy's shoulders. "Indubitably. I must admit, I'm not much of a Go player, but your mind, your game. Please, your move. It's time to duel!" Tomo examined the board below, trying to plan out his strategy. He held out a hand, pointing to where he wanted to place a piece. A shining light appeared momentarily, before a pure white piece materialized. Without hesitation, Haruki made his move, placing a black piece. Tomo smiled to himself. How very...symbolic.

The game went slowly, as Tomo thought long and hard on each move he made. This was a battle for his life, for his body. He wouldn't take it lightly. However, his slow turns seemed to frustrate his Go partner, and the man would begin to act out. "Tomo Tomo Tomo! Do you know what the first thing I'm going to do when I win is?" A perturbed frown fell on the blonde's lips. He tried to ignore the distraction, but Haruki was relentless. "Aaaaw! Tomo-boy, don't ignore me! Come on, guess. Guess!" Tomo's eyes darted to the man. "Would you just...ugh...fine. I don't know...eat?" Tomo glowered as Haruki's face smiled mischievously. Damn, this guy acts waaaay too much like Tama. Tama... Tomo's gaze fell as he relived his twin's sacrifice. Haruki began to hug himself, in quite a creepy fashion at that. "Oh my, though that is a good guess, it is wrong. No no, my first order of business will be to make out with Haruko of course!" Tomo's expression morphed into one of horror at this comment, and a few more things clicked in his brain. "Woah woah woah! Sick man! She's your sister! YOUR TWIN!" Haruki, unfazed by Tomo's accusation, shook his head. "Oh Tomo-boy. That is WHY it makes sense. Who could possibly be as perfect and beautiful as me? My twin!" The man's eyes began to sparkle as he continued to speak. "Her silky black hair, her vivacious curves, her supple skin."

Tomo's stomach lurched at the man's words, yet they gave him hope. "So...Tama is going through the same thing I am? Haruko is trying to take over her mind too?" Haruki snapped out of his daydream and chuckled. "Oh come now. My lovely Haruko has most assuredly overtaken your idiotic sister. She was quite...lacking...in the intellectual department from my observations. My love is even more brilliant than I, so your sister's demise is absolute." Tomo bit his lower lip. Yes, Tama would rather punch than think. However, she was surprisingly clever when people least expected it. What was the phrase his father would say? Madness, genius, the only difference was success. Perhaps Tama's odd way of viewing the world would be her saving grace? That, or it would only make her fall faster. Haruki's voice brought Tomo out of his thoughts. "And because Haruko is surely awake and waiting, I suggest you get your rear into gear and take your turn. I would hate to be late for our date." Tomo's eye twitched at each rhyme. Was this guy doing it on purpose?

Despite Haruki's pushing, Tomo continued to go at his own pace. By now, Tomo could tell that Haruki wasn't actually thinking out his moves. He was simply placing pieces down wherever he pleased. When Tomo's turn dragged on, Haruki would begin to divert Tomo's attention, creating imagery of Haruki and Haruko 'interacting' with each other. Eventually, Tomo was able to ignore these disruptions, which only caused Haruki to bump up his game. He switched the bodies, and now it was Tama and Tomo who were doing unthinkable deeds. Their game continued on for what felt like an eternity as the board flipped between white and black. Finally, the last piece was placed. Tomo held his breath as the colors changed. It was over. Light engulfed the genin.
*Present Day*​

The young man's eyes opened slowly, their focus lost for a few moments. The bright blue sky shown above him, and he instinctively pulled his arm over his eyes. However, he bolted upright from the lush green grass he was laying upon as everything sunk in. He looked at his hands, clenching and unclenching them. They're still mine. I won. However, he gazed more intently at his palms. They appeared larger, though only slightly. His fingers also seemed longer, but retained their slenderness. His eyes looked past his hands to his pants. They were different than he remembered. Instead of white, they were black. He followed them up to his torso, and a bright orange shirt met his eyes. Confused, Tomo rose and made his way to a nearby river. He peeked into the water hesitantly, and unfamiliar features stared back.
23%20year%20old%20Tomo%20orange%20outfit%20resized_zps4w9x4qct.jpg

Though his eyes were the same grey color as always, their shape was more sharp. His face and body were less feminine, though he could still pass off as a female with a little work. The blonde dye in his hair had grown out, revealing his natural dark blue locks. However, only one side of his head was blue. The other was jet black...like... Haruki. The name echoed in Tomo's mind, and as if on cue, a silhouette appeared above Tomo's reflection. My, we look gorgeous, if I do say so myself. Tomo glared at Haruki. "Is this because of you?" The figure shrugged in response. Most certainly. Though I can't say I've done anything like this before, so my experience in this field is limited. Tomo scoffed. "So I'm your first? Well lu-cky me." Pulling his gaze away from the water, Tomo's mind instantly thought of Tama. "Tama!" He whirled around to face where he had previously been laying. Resting in the grass nearby was Tama, though she too looked different than before. The man jogged to his twin and crouched down to examine her.

Like him, her outfit had changed, consisting of black and royal purple. The top of her head was blue, just as Tomo remembered. However, following it down, the blue disappeared, transitioning into black around her shoulders. Her long black braid trailed out beside her. Placing a gentle hand on his sister's arm, Tomo tenderly shook it. His voice came out as a whisper. "Tama." The young woman stirred, and Tomo begged in his mind. Please be Tama. A muffled response left the girl's lips. "Nooooo~. Tooomooooo. Five more miiiinutes. I'm so hungry...and I..." Her sentence trailed off as she continued to lay there, and the young man resisted every urge to yell at his sister. With a grunt, Tomo rose from his spot beside her and walked a few steps away. He muttered under his breath. "Stupid Tama...making me worry." Despite his words, a faint smile played on the man's lips.

However, his smile faded fast as he heard his twin speak behind him. Haruki laughed in response. Oooohoohoohoo! Of course my darling's host finds our figure appealing! Tomo's eye twitched. Raiden above, please let Haruki's spirit pass on. The voice was unamused. I heard that Tomo-boy. Ignoring the spirit for a moment, Tomo honed in on the conversation Tama was having. He could hear two voices...so did that mean Tama had somehow kicked Haruko's spirit out of her body? Haruki overheard Tomo's thoughts, and a wail of despair rang in Tomo's mind. Noooooooooooo! Tomo knocked himself in the side of the head with his palm. Shut up in there! Doing his best to zone out the howling Haruki, the genin caught Haruko's explanation involving the twins' changed bodies. Realization struck, that within Tomo was the remains of a dead person. The young man gagged. Ugh...I don't think I'll ever feel clean again. Haruki, recovered from his gloom, chimed in. I would be more than happy to take your place Tomo-boy. Tomo's brows furrowed as he glared up at nothing. Not a chance you incestuous perv. Arms wrapping around his torso from behind caused Tomo to flinch. Oddly, Tomo was now taller than his twin by a few inches. Hearing the sob of Haruko, Haruki spoke. Embrace her! Huuuuuuug heeeeeeeer! Tomo brought his hands to his head and shouted to the sky. "Why have you forsaken me Raiden?!"

[Topic Entered Six Years Ago, Topic Left Present Day]
[MFT]
[WC: ~5961]

Suzuki Setsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: Tama and Tomo in: Temple of Travesty [Private Kinjutsu A

Six Years Ago
Tama15avatarcompressed_zpsdbe264ec.jpg

Mochizuki Tama -- Age 17​

"Hah! That wasn't so hard, Take that stairs!" Tama shouted triumphantly. This mission seemed like a cakewalk for the two of them. And Tama had almost refused to take it, but since it was Tomo who had asked her to come with, she couldn't refuse. Not when Tomo was depending on her! Tomo never depended on her, it was an opportunity that she couldn't pass up. Tama didn't believe in the rumors that Tomo had uncovered, how could a temple change someone's personality? Kumo should have just sent a team to destroy the place, not investigate it. Much easier, and less trouble for Tama. Not that investigating was harder or anything. Just more time-consuming. Tomo wanted to take a break and Tama scoffed in response, frustrated at her brother's lack of stamina. "Fine, whatever." She tried to sit down too, but ended up having to start moving due to boredom.

"Alright, break's over! Let's go go go!" she said when Tomo finally stood, rushing ahead. Inside the poorly lit temple, a small shrine stood at the back. Tama made a beeline for it, and proceeded to fiddle with the offering plate, candles, and other probably sacred objects much to Tomo's dismay. "Do we have a bag of dirt? I read in a book that you can use bags of dirt to trick traps and stuff. Well, it didn't work in the book, but if I do it, it should work. Because I can punch through large boulders and stuff." But Tomo ignored her comment, and had begun examining the walls of the temple.

Tama was a little incensed at the blatant disregard for her contributions, so when Tomo said he had found something she came over and immediately yelled, "I got this Bro!!" Reinforcing her fist with chakra she slammed her fist into the weakened wall, partially breaking it. "I can punch through large boulders and stuff! This wall is a cakewalk!" Tomo said something sarcastic, but started to help Tama pull apart the damaged wall. A stairwell leading below the temple was revealed. Tama stared at Tomo with a look that was asking for praise, but Tomo, seemingly used to Tama's antics, simply descended the stairs.

"Here lies the souls of warriors and lovers, young and old. If you dare to proceed, know that all who rest here wish to return to the living. There will be trials to overcome, and in the end, you must face yourself. Should you succeed, you shall be stronger for it. However, should you fail, everything shall be taken from you. You have been warned." Tomo was reading the inscription he had found, and all of a sudden the mission became a lot more fun. Overcoming trials, facing oneself, now this is what an abandoned temple-tomb-thing is supposed to be like! she thought to herself excitedly. Tama then heard Tomo mention something about going back and requesting help from spiritual specialists to exorcise the place. "And miss out on all this fun. No way," she muttered under her breath as she took off into the tomb. She could hear Tomo yelling at her, but she knew he would follow. It was underhanded, but Tama didn't want to hand over this mission to anyone else. It was hers! Oh, and Tomo's too.

She came to a crossroads. Two paths, one heading left and the other heading right. She had read in another adventure novel that if you always go left in a labyrinth, eventually you'd reach the exit, so Tama's theory was that if you wanted to get to the center of the labyrinth, you needed to go right. She punched a smiley-face design into the right wall in front of the passageway, because even she wasn't stupid enough to wander blindly through a maze. Satisfied with her work, she proceeded down the right-hand tunnel. Unbeknownst to her, the wall Tama had damaged to let Tomo know the path she had taken slowly repaired itself. And by the time Tomo would reach the crossroads, it would be completely gone.

Tama raced down the passageway, with an intent to clear this quest faster than Tomo in the hope that he would say something like, "Tama you are the best sister ever." Which was true, though none of her siblings seemed to want to admit it. She was interrupted by the presence of a solid stone wall barring her path. "What a dumb maze. shouldn't there have been more twists and turns before hitting the dead end?" she voiced her thoughts aloud.

"Generally speaking you would be right, except this is not a maze."

Tama turned around, "Who said that?" She couldn't see anybody. That's right, ghosts can't be punched normally. How troublesome. Maybe laser beams will work? "Show yourself!" she shouted.

"Now now, no need for violence." The voice sounded a little panicky, as if it could sense the chakra building around Tama. "I'd like to help you. I was...separated...from where I'm supposed to be. You need to get inside the tomb? I can help you with that. But I'd like your help in return. "

"Hah! You won't trick me! Tomo always says not to trust what you can't sense the presence of. And I agreed with him, therefore it's right. And ghosts don't scare me."

An audible sigh echoed around the young chuunin. "I wasn't trying to scare you, I need your help. You can't sense my presence because we're still outside the tomb. The only reason you can hear me is because you are literally standing outside the entrance."

"Ah. I see. So if I just bust down this wall, I can get in. Thanks mister ghost!" Tama began unleashing a barrage of kicks, punches, and lasers on the poor wall. To no avail. "This..hah..is a sturdy...hah..door."

"If breaking it down was possible, this door would have been smashed to pieces already, believe me," the voice said exasperatedly. "You have to be ethereal to pass through the door, so spirits can do it easily. Though the material of the door is designed to sap all of our powers to prevent malicious ghosts from rampaging in the world of the living. Outside the tomb, we can basically just observe, and we still can't stray too far from the temple as well. We are bound here after all...are you even listening to me? This is important!"

"Blah, blah, gotta be a ghost to go through that door. So how do I become a ghost?"

"Well you could die here," the voice suggested wryly, "Or you could let me take you through."

Tama nodded, "Alright then let's do that."

"It's a little risky, but -- what? Wait! I-I need to explain, the script, this is not how it's supposed to go--"

"Shut up and do it already!" Tama yelled. Then she felt queasy, as if something was coating her body, and then she was propelled towards the sealed door, she instinctively braced herself for the impact. It came, but the door wasn't hard like before. It had the consistency of wet clay, and Tama could feel herself being slowly pulled through it. There was no physical pain, just an odd feeling of weightlessness and then she was through.

"Welcome to the tomb. The home of shades that desired battle and bloodshed in life and still crave it in death, and some others spirits, but they aren't important."

"I still can't see you."

"I used a lot of strength to pull you through that door, now a favor for a favor, right? I helped you get in, and now I have something I want from you."

"Yeah, yeah. What is it?"

"I need you to move an urn for me."

"That's it?" Tama asked, puzzled. It seemed such a small thing. "You were making it seem like such a big deal, but moving stuff? That's easy."

"I'm glad that it's not too much trouble," the voice said. "The urn is in there, and there is a guardian, but...," the voice trailed off.

"Psshaw! I can beat it no problem." Tama saw the imposing statue that stood near an opening in the wall. She felt like it was staring at her, so Tama stared back, and then rushed it. Her chakra empowered fist cracked the shin of the stone figure, which then stepped off its pedestal and with surprising speed slammed a granite fist into Tama. The young chuunin went flying, but caught herself on the wall behind her. She grinned, "Now we're talking!" Wind whipped up around the girl, as she slowly descended to the ground. She sprinted forward, vaulting over the stone backhand the giant golem tried to slam her back against the wall with. "Take this!" Five clones shimmered into existence and Tama was able to simultaneously punch, kick, and headbutt the golem. The chakra reinforced strikes were able to force the golem back, more cracks appearing on the golem. "And for the final shot," she quickly ran through some handseals and a huge blast of light obliterated the top half of the golem. "Haha! And I didn't even break a sweat." The golem crumbled to dust as Tama walked past it, humming cheerily. "This one?" she asked.

"That's the one," the voice responded. Then the cavern shook, and a bestial roar echoed around Tama. "It seems the guardian hasn't quite, given up the ghost yet." Tama ran outside the abscess to find a mist rising from the remains of the golem. It began to coalesce and suddenly a four-armed monster now stood where the golem had been previously, shimmering with a pearly-white translucence.

"Back for more? I don't hate persistent guys like you, but the only one in my heart is Shiri-tan." The beast roared in response then charged at Tama, who responded in kind. She aimed a powerful kick at the beast's midsection, only to have it soar straight through her opponent. Tama was then grabbed by the leg and thrown into the wall for the second time that day. "Oh, that's cheating," she whined as she dusted herself off. The beast charged again, and Tama rolled under the first pair of arms, flipped over the second pair, and landed behind the beast only to watch as it grew a tail for the sole purpose of smacking her with it. Tama quickly threw up a guard but the tail phased right through her body. She would have wondered what in the world had just happened, except for the vivid recollection of Enishi shooting her with great precision in the chest and Shiranai being taken away. The scar from that time throbbed as if it were still fresh. "You just had to go and bring that up didn't you," the chuunin muttered darkly.

Tama quickly ran through a few handseals to cancel the genjutsu. That wound was old and there was no way it would have reopened from an ethereal blow like that. The pain faded, but the memory associated with it lingered. Tama's face radiated pure rage as she ran through another set of handseals. "You're not getting off easy for that." The beast flicked its tail and charged again, but this time Tama didn't move. Instead she lifted her hands and struck the beast as it charged her, "Mochizuki Counter!" A purple explosion of chakra erupted from her fist, the disturbance causing the form of the beast to falter and slowly disintegrate. "When you're about to hit me your attacks are physical. If I counter instead of dodging, it's easy enough to beat you." She grinned even though she knew that the beast probably wouldn't understand her words. The beast flailed wildly, trying to smack Tama with its tail one last time. "Haha! It's no use!" Tama held up a hand, channeling another cancelling pulse of chakra. The tail struck it and dissipated. Finally, with a last roar it subsided back into white mist and then nothing.

"Did you kill it?" the voice asked incredulously.

"Of course not!" Tama said indignantly, "It'll just take awhile for it to reform...I think. It was something like a chakra..., a chakra...thingy. Kazu-senpai told me about them."

"But how did you know it was a chakra...er...'thingy?'"

"Because my attack worked," Tama said matter-of-factly, leaving the unasked question of what she would have done if her attack didn't work unanswered. "Anyways, leaving the boring stuff aside, I got the urn. Where should I put it?"

"Right. It's on the far side of the tomb, past two doors. Opening the next one is...tricky. The last one is simple."

"How's it tricky?" Tama asked, "Another door I can't just open?"

"Well it requires a certain amount of spiritual energy to open." Tama was about to ask a question but the voice continued, "You can get it by completing the trial. It's a tournament of sorts. Fight some ghosts, take their energy, and you have enough power to open the door. Simple really."

"I thought you said it was tricky?"

"Well it would be simple for someone as powerful as you, tricky for me of course."

"Well those ghosts better be as good as the chakra beast thingy. I don't want to be bored collecting this energy stuff," Tama grumbled as she pressed onward.

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about that."

Tama reached the second door with relative ease. No random encounters or traps were located in the tomb, or at least this passageway. She wondered what was keeping Tomo. Tama certainly wasn't making it difficult to follow her. "To enter the tournament, simply pledge to abide by the terms of the tournament contract. Just speak it in front of the statue."

"What are these terms?" Tama asked. Tomo had always said to not sign anything before reading it. And Tama had agreed, so it was true.

"Nothing too serious, just that you agree to let the winner take what they win."

"Oh, okay. Simple enough. I accept the terms." Immediately after Tama had spoken those words, she felt her consciousness being pulled into the statue. She blinked and the scenery had changed. Instead of a drab tomb she stood inside a gigantic coliseum. It was packed with people, some dressed in shinobi garb, others in civilian wear, and curiously, many people who were dressed very oddly indeed. She looked down and saw that she was clad in her standard battlegear, though it seemed fresher and more polished than it should have been after her fight with the golem and the sealed chakra beast. While she had protected herself from most injuries, save for a few bruises and a fractured rib, her outfit had sustained noticeable wear and tear. However, here even the minor injuries she had were gone. "They should call this the Tomb of Make-Believe." But while she knew that this was an illusion, she also knew that it was far beyond her capability to dispel, and as such Tama would have to follow this through until the end.

"Welcome challenger!" a booming voice echoed throughout the stadium. "No doubt you've come seeking glory, riches, or power. As such we have prepared the greatest stage to commemorate your struggle. Fight! Bleed! Die! In the greatest battle of your life!"

With that, several gates opened around Tama, and hordes of warriors of every age, gender, race, and wielding all manner of weapons poured into the arena. "Well I can't disappoint the audience, even if it is an illusory one. It's showtime!" With that, a devastating aura emanated from the young girl. It caused many in the horde to falter and stumble, much to the amusement of the crowd. The rest paused, uncertain of how to proceed. "Is that it?" Tama asked arrogantly. She did some quick warm-up stretches, "Well if you won't come to me. Then I'll come to you!" Wind surrounded the chuunin's hands and feet as she dashed towards her first target, a small boy clenching a dagger, abject terror reflected in his eyes. She flicked his forehead and his form dissipated into white mist which then collected into her right hand. Shrugging at this, she turned to nonchalantly sock a mature-looking woman in the face, while simultaneously kicking a ridiculously photogenic man wearing a weird horned helmet in the stomach. Both dispersed into the same white mist which again collected in Tama's right hand.

Tama then leapt into the air, taking out a kid with goofy-looking shoes with a swift knee to the jaw. "Let's speed things along shall we?" she asked rhetorically as she ran through a few handseals. Wind spiraled around her, knocking away all the projectiles that were sent her way. A few seconds later, Tama's very own light show illuminated the stadium. And decimated the horde of warriors. "Are you not entertained?!" She cried out as the photon beams subsided. The coliseum looked like it was blanketed in a white fog. Then the white mist gravitated towards Tama, vanishing into her right hand. A symbol became visible on her palm, a white spiral. As Tama absorbed the mist, the spiral spun outward its tendrils creeping over her body.

Now there were only a few combatants left. A man in green wearing a mask, wielding a sword a shield. He had blocked Tama's blasts with the shield apparently. A hooded figure of indeterminate gender stood lazily twirling chakrams. He or she had seemingly vanished when the light show started, and reappeared when it had ended. The last two were fighting in tandem. A large demonic looking bunny rabbit, and the small boy riding it. The rabbit was quite agile, dodging many bolts, and the boy was quite skilled with chakra, as he had misdirected the photon beams that the rabbit couldn't dodge.

"An excellent showing for one so new to our arena!" the booming voice echoed again. "And as always, the winner will receive a handicap, to make the finals more exciting!" Tama suddenly collapsed to the ground. Her entire body felt exceedingly heavy. "Each finalist will now feel the weight of the souls they have collected." Tama now understood the true reason none of the combatants had attacked. If she had fallen, the weight of her soul would make it easier for someone to kill her killer. This wasn't a tournament, it was a test of endurance. How long could you wait before starting a fight, how long could you last in a fight, how many souls could you bear before falling yourself. The chakram wiedler threw one directly at Tama, who instinctively dodged to her left. She then felt something catch her foot. The boy on the rabbit was holding out a book, and messing with her footing. She spun around to regain her balance, and found the sword and shield man waiting for her. His sword accurately aimed at Tama's neck. She wouldn't be able to dodge it. Then the clone poofed.

The remaining combatants were stunned, as was the crowd. A light tap on the masked man's shoulder caused him to turn, right into Tama's glowing purple fist. The mask shattered, and the man stumbled as he faded into white mist. The hooded figure teleported behind her poised to strike at her back, but spears of light pierced through the figure and it faded into mist without revealing its gender. The bunny and boy combo charged, but Tama emitted a blinding flash of light that caused them to veer into the wall. Dazed, the bunny shifted into the form of a small girl. "Catch!" Tama yelled as she picked up the bunny girl and threw her at the boy charging towards her. The pair tumbled over and fell to the ground again where Tama walked up to them and flicked them both in the forehead. They disappeared in each other's arms. "And the victor is our challenger! Bask in your glory today, and claim your prize. But always remember that you too will reach your limit someday." With that, Tama's consciousness began to spin again, and upon blinking she found herself back in the tomb. "What tournament ends up as a battle royale where it's over nine thousand people against one?" The voice was silent but Tama continued, picking herself up and stretching out her sore limbs. "It was a great fight though. Even that surprise rule was fun!"

"I'm glad you enjoyed it. Truly your stamina and physical strength is monstrous. Even I had thought you were done for there."

"Haha! A little suspense is good for an audience! But even if I hadn't been deceiving them, a simple sword slash wouldn't be enough to take me out. I heal really quick. You'd need a one-hit K.O. to take me out, haha!" Tama said proudly.

"I see...well you can store the essence in the urn, it will make opening the last door easier."

"Ok," Tama grabbed the urn with her right hand and felt something leave her and enter the urn. She could hear a satisfactory sigh coming from the voice. "Um, are you okay?" she asked. The sound had slightly creeped her out.

"Never better, aside from the whole being dead thing. But soon...never mind, let's get a move on."

The third door was more ornate than the last two. Stylized columns were etched into the wall around it. and an inscription was written across it.

Flows like water red
Currency the dead has spent
The door yearns for it

Tama thought about the inscription for awhile before speaking. "Hmm...I think...it's a riddle!" she declared after deliberating.

The voice was silent, then spoke,"...yes..."

"And I have to solve it to pass," Tama said smugly.

"I would think that's obvious...,"

"The answer is melons!"

"What?"

"I read it in a book. An old guy said melon to a door and it opened. Though in this case the answer is watermelon juice. It's red, has 'water' in the name, and dead people can't drink it. Cause they're dead," Tama stated. "So the door is thirsty for watermelon juice. But I don't understand why dead people would use watermelon juice as currency."

The voice seemed to be trying to stay calm as it spoke, "While I can't say anything you said was incorrect, I know that your answer was wrong. Please take this seriously."

"Well the answer should be watermelon juice," Tama grumbled, "Then is it tomato juice?"

"No."

"Ketchup."

"That's basically tomato juice!"

"Carrot juice?"

"It's not even red!"

"Strawberry juice?"

"Why are your answers all juices?" the voice yelled.

"Well technically, ketchup isn't a--," Tama began to correct the voice but was interrupted again.

"I don't care! Blood! The answer's blood! It's often compared to water that runs red! When people die you can say their life is spent! Blood is used as a symbol for life! Therefore a dead person can be said to have spent his blood! You can also spend money. The door is asking for a toll, one that dead people can't pay! You just have to put your blood on the door! It's so friggin' obvious!"

"Wow, you're pretty good at this! Though you kind of act like Tomo does when we play riddles. I didn't know it was such a stressful game."

"Just. Open. The. Door," the voice said irritably. Tama bit her finger, wincing slightly at the pain. She then pressed her finger against the door, which slowly slid open. "Thank you."
"You're welcome!" Tama said cheerily, proceeding into the room.

"Now just place the urn in the center of the room, and you're finished," the voice said. Tama could tell it was excited. She was excited too, this mission would be over then, or it wouldn't. Tama would prefer the former.

"No sweat." Tama complied with the voice's request. The urn sank into the ground, and the faded ritualistic circle that encompassed the room flickered briefly before fading again. Satisfied with her work, she turned to see Tomo shouting at her, his weapon drawn. She waved. "Oh hey Tomo! Where were you? I left a trail for you to follow me." Tomo then proceeded to walk towards the exit, talking about the next plan of action. However, he smacked his face against an invisible barrier. This caused Tama to giggle. But the sound of two people speaking drew the girl's attention.

"Prepare for terror!"

"That comes in pair..ers... I told you that doesn't sound right."

"Shh! You're ruining it. Just keep going."

"Okay, fine."

There were two Mr. Ghost voices? Tama thought to herself as green fog began to fill the room. The visages of two figures, a man and a woman, appeared. With their matching black hair and green eyes, Tama knew that they were trying to copy her and Tomo's character appeal. In other words, they were twins.

"To guard the world from twin oppression."

"To assist all twins in their succession."

"To condemn the taboos of sibling love."

"To transcend the limits of those above."

"Haruki!"

"Haruko!"

"Twin romance weighs you down but makes your heart light."

"Surrender your bodies, or prepare to fight!"

"Quite right!"

After their entrance Tomo commented, saying something about wanting to leave and not get involved with them. Tama chimed in, "It was a great entrance. But it's lacking substance. The whole thing feels a little...ethereal, I guess." The two ghosts didn't respond, instead they summoned the ashes from the urn, which were also faintly glowing green. "Hey Tomo, I don't think they're the talking type. It's time for the bonus round!" Tama took an aggressive stance. A rain of ash needles showered upon Tama, who dispersed them with a quick gust of wind. Tomo surrounded both himself and Tama in an ink barrier, and began to berate Tama. "Hey, don't blame me! How was I supposed to know that I was carrying an urn filled with the remains of twin lovers, and filling it with the necessary spiritual power to fuel an ancient ritual that would enable spirits to take possession of our bodies?" Tomo then said that she should attack the barrier whenever she got a chance. "What? That's no fun, we can totally take them if we work together." But Tomo wasn't in the mood. He said he would coat the ashes in ink to make them more visible, and suddenly they were back in the fray. Well you do your thing and I'll do mine, Tama thought to herself.

"Ah, I have to thank you for being such a willing sacrifice, dearie," Haruko said, "I thought it would be much more difficult to lure you into helping me. Needless to say, you definitely exceeded my expectations. When I control your body, I'll be able to have so much fun." Ash sickles flew towards Tama from every direction, Tama shrouded herself in wind, so that most of the ghost girl's attacks were simply blown away.

"Not if I have anything to say about it!" Tama shouted, leaping towards Haruko, with a sudden punch. But Tama just sailed straight through the specter. "What? Again?"

"You'll find I'm different from that chakra construct. A true spiritual entity. Your physical attacks won't harm me. And I already know the full extent of your capabilities." A whirling blade of ash shot up from the ground towards Tama's throat. She barely dodged it, the ash weapon nicking her chin. Tama suddenly felt ill, as if something was crawling into her body through the wound. "Just let it happen, the pain will be momentary, I promise." Tama glanced at Tomo, he had taken some ash wounds as well, she blasted her surroundings with wind, momentarily disarming Haruko, and tackled Tomo out of the way of an enormous ash spear. She gave Tomo a thumbs up and winked before leaping at Haruki. She started shooting photon spears relentlessly at the two ghosts, hoping that Tomo would throw in some of his ink moves to try and damage the ghosts. Their assailants seemed to be trying not to be hit by the ninjutsu attacks, so Tama assumed that they would not escape unharmed from them. But she saw Tomo fruitlessly striking the barrier, she frowned. Stupid Tomo! If he would stop trying to run away all the time, we could beat them.

"I tire of this, future body." Haruko raised her hand and a large two-handed flamberge formed from the ashes she controlled. Tama readied herself, but the sword was never shot towards her, she realized with horror that it was in fact aimed at her brother who had thrown his weapon onto the ground in his frustration with the barrier. There was no time for fancy moves, catchphrases, or jutsu. Tama moved as fast as she could, pouring every last ounce of energy she had into speed, she stepped in front of her brother, and the sword pierced her chest. She fell back, feeling her consciousness slipping away from the pain. Her eyes started to glaze over, and she saw Tomo's face, but it was fuzzy.

"Was I a good sister? Did I make you proud?" she never heard the answer as her mind slipped into oblivion.
???

Tama sat up, finding herself at a picnic table. There were tents and stalls selling food and games, all around her. And sitting in front of her, daintily eating takoyaki, was Haruko. The ghost girl was no longer tinged green, but looked as if she were flesh and blood. "You were right about the one-hit K.O. It worked wonders. And you have an interesting mental defense, it tastes funny. But let's get on with this. I have dominated you physically, joined my bodily remains to yours, and now I will dominate your mental defenses and assume full control over your body. Pick any game, any way you wish to test me. It is inevitable that you will lose."

"Nah, I wanna go check out the festival." Tama stood up and walked to the nearest booth, a goldfish scooping stall. The girl running the booth turned around, and it was Tama. "Woah! I'm running the stall! Look Mr. Ghost! It's me!"

"My name is Haruko, not Mr. Ghost, and of course you are running the stall, this is your mind."

"Let's scoop some goldfish!"

"Hold it, I am not here to play at some festival, I am here to take over your mind and body!" Haruko yelled.

"And I wanna scoop goldfish," Tama replied. She reached out to grab a scoop and bowl for herself.

"Then is goldfish scooping the game you have decided on?"

"If you wanna scoop too, just say so," Tama said. Haruko grabbed a scoop and bowl and crouched down next to Tama. The stall-Tama signaled for them to begin. The goldfish deliberately moved to avoid Haruko's scoop, and practically jumped into Tama's bowl. When the time ended, a number one appeared above Tama's head. "Guess I win," Tama gloated.

"That's cheating!" Haruko shouted.

"Not really, my head, my rules right? Besides, those are fun fish. They are attracted to people who are having fun."

"There's no such thing as fun fish."

"Well, I thought of them when I was little, because fish never wanted to be caught by me. So I was like, wouldn't it be great if fish would just let you catch them if you were having fun? And the fun fish was born. Tomo thought I should just stay still, but that's no fun."

"You sound like Haruki, he couldn't stand still either. I would have to force him to be still, by holding him tightly--," a cough from Tama interrupted her, "A-anyways, I want a rematch."

The next stall was a ring toss game. "Ooh! This, let's play this!" Another stall-Tama handed out rings to each of them. Tama threw hers wildly, sometimes three or five at a time. Haruko took careful aim when throwing hers. However, all of Haruko's rings missed, and most of Tama's landed on the targets.

"This is not a fair game! And you can't claim these are 'fun rings,'" Haruko shouted, becoming red in the face.

"Of course not, all carnival games are rigged, didn't you know that?" Tama replied with a straight face.

The next one was a shooting gallery, another stall-Tama was wordlessly running the attraction, and all the targets were the Kingslayers' faces. Haruko shot down more targets than Tama could, but Tama still ended up winning. "How? You only shot one! Not fair!"

"I only needed to shoot one. Enishi was the only one that mattered anyway. Nobody takes away my Shiri-tan." She turned back to shoot the Enishi figure again. The stall-Tama nodded in approval.

The carnival continued in the same manner, Haruko suffering loss after frustrating loss. Each time, Tama would give a reason that Haruko wouldn't understand, but couldn't refute. Haruko couldn't understand why she was losing to this idiot, who seemingly cared nothing for the defense of her own body and soul. She kept challenging her again and again, but the end result was always the same. Whatever strategy she tried, tactic she used, whenever she thought she was ahead, Tama would still come out the victor. "Why?! Why are all these games skewed in your favor? I beat you in ping-pong! You fell into the shark tank first! I'm not even going to start about the karaoke war! Why is your last line of defense against possession a damn carnival?"
"Well, it's the Tama Festival! Makes sense for it to be in my head. And if someone's going to possess me, that means they're going to be me, right? So obviously, whoever is better at being me should be me. And I would always enjoy playing carnival games! Oh and the shark tank game! You only lose if you get eaten."

"What?" The would-be possessor was astounded. It made sense, but it didn't. "But it was never my intention to be you! I'm going to be me, and use your body fulfill to my desire of becoming one with my beloved twin!" Tama and all the stall-Tamas made various grossed-out faces.

"And that is why you won't beat me. You win when you're me. And you lose when you're anybody else."

"So if I become you," Haruko's eyes widened in shock as she realized the true trap of Tama's defense, "you win, because you will still be you, even if it's me being you."

"Boo. Yah."

"So you could have woken up at any point?"

"Yeah, but I've never got to experience the Tama Festival before! I couldn't pass it up! Now, one last thing to try! Tama-yaki!" The chuunin raced to the booth, grabbing the chibi-Tama shaped treat. Then Tomo's voice echoed throughout the festival.

"Tama!"

Stalls around Tama vanished, both she and Haruko looked around surprised. "Haruko, what did you do?"

"I did nothing!" the ghost girl exclaimed.

"Tama!" Tomo's voice echoed again, the festival grounds shimmered and started to dissipate even faster, the stall-Tama's waving goodbye before comically poofing into clouds of smoke.

"Nooooooooooooo~. Tooomooooo. Five more miiiinutes. I'm so hungry...and I...," Tama saw even more bits and pieces of the Tama festival blink out of existence. "It's turning into a normal dream! Nooo! I haven't gone to the Kissy Time with Shiri-tan Booth yet! Ah the Tama-yak--," Tama's speech was cut off as she woke up.
Six Years Later​

"Wow, Tomo you look cool!" Tama said as she stretched, cat-like, on the grassy field, "But why did you wake me up?!?!?!"

"I for one am glad, I did not wish to see you kissing that man, however if you want to kiss Haruki's host. Do so. Many times." Tama turned to see Haruko floating near her.

"No," Tama said quickly, "And my hair is really long." She picked up the braid. "Why is it black? And more importantly who braided it?"
20%20year%20old%20Tama%20edited%20long%20hair_zps6zja0i0o.jpg

"Do I have to explain everything to an idiot like you? The ritual uses remains implanted into another body as a means to allow spirits of the deceased to gain control over that body. Your body has absorbed my remains, and Tomo's has absorbed Haruki's. Thus you now possess some of the physical characteristics I had in life. Though thanks to your idiot brain, I was not able to possess you. Not even a partial possession! I'm just forced to haunt you for the rest of my ghostly existence!! Because I'm still linked to my remains!!"

"Now now, I'll give you a present." Tama walked over to Tomo and gave him a hug from behind. "I love you Tomo, and I'm glad you're alive! Um, you are still Tomo correct? Cause this would be really awkward otherwise."

"Harukiiiiiiiii," Haruko sobbed, "I lost!!! To an idiot!!! I demand a hug!!!"

{Topic Entered/Left}
[MFT WC: 6,111]
{Timeskip complete}

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back