Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private Team again (Keni)

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
She let out a sigh as she sat in a steak restaurant. She was waiting for someone, someone that she really isn't fond of. But... She made a promise to someone that is no longer here. The chunin had thought about what to say. She could have easily just pass by him and tell him that way. But that would feel wrong.

Mitsuha sat in a booth as a waitress came by to take her order. "Iced water. And I'll take a steak and fries. Medium rare." The waitress nodded and went off to give the order to the cooks. She would sit back in the booth and think to herself. Keniwa. Due to her personality and how he acts she usually wants to punch him into next week. But maybe it's time for a clean slate. In all honesty, most of her hate for him was gone when she lost her Jashin powers. It's only for the fact that he keeps doing idiotic things around her that makes her life difficult that makes her want to strangle him. Deep down though, she knows that he is trying his best to reach out and become her friend. Heck, he even stood up for her. Dragged her into the fight because he can't keep his emotions in check, but still.

A glass of water was set in front of Mitsuha as she thought about what to say to him.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Walking calmly across the Red Oak Street he was definitely taking his time in meeting Mitsuha, there were a few things that he was actually scared of in this world. But she was one of them, he'd rather face a dozen of demons than be locked in a room for an hour with the Kaguya. The telling off he got after the last time they were here certainly brings shiver down to his spine still. It felt like any attack, vocal or physical, from her could easily pierce through his defences and deliver a soul crushing blow, damaging the body and spirit equally. Although perhaps today she was looking to discuss work and that he'd be safe from any bruises, he was kind of peckish and could do with a good bite to eat, and depending on the situation, sometimes its better to share a meal with a friend. And he would never say no to a good steak!

Opening the door to a restaurant he took a glance around and figured it was quite a fancy establishment, perhaps he shouldn't have worn his shinobi gear, however he couldn't really spot her, there was someone dressed rather distinctly as well, choosing to wear punk and biker gear compared to an average outfit and whilst she did have white hair there was no way that was the wealthy, general-like Mitsuha which he knew. Perhaps she hadn't arrived yet, he was just on time so he sat down in an empty booth and waited patiently for her to arrive, grabbing the menu he peered his head underneath wondering what he'd dig in to, a large well done steak would definitely hit the spot, and with some gohan and maybe a soup or two that would certainly be a ravishing meal, his stomach rumbled, as a miniscule amount saliva began to exude from his mouth. His time was now! He had to order!

Wait. Was it bad etiquette to order before the other person arrives? He didn't know at all, in fact this was the first time he'd ever went to a restaurant with someone other than his mom, which would likely be an embarrassing thing to admit. Plopping the menu down, he'd think of something else to distract his hunger, there was something in which he needed to discuss with Mitsuha actually himself. Whether she would take lightly to the news only time would tell.

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Her seat at the booth had full view of the entrance of the restaurant so she would be able to see who would be coming and going. She braced herself with having to talk with Keni of the recent going ons but to her own surprise, the guy literally walked past her and sat down away from her. Gritting her teeth, she shook her head as she reminded herself that Keni has not seen her after the events that had taken place at Ichiraku ramens.

She would say plainly, loud enough for him to hear her, "I know I changed my looks, but seriously. To think that you don't remember me Keniwa." She was sure the way that she talked would be a bell ringer for Keni. Also she is sure that she is the few people that would call him by his actual name rather than the shortened nickname, Keni. Of course, she herself has had a dramatic change in her own powers. But for now, that is not why she is here.

Turning around in her seat, she would give him a stern look and then say, "Come and sit. We have much to discuss. Firstly, getting down to business. I had a run in with your sister Ayeka this morning. She's in the hospital but she's doing fine. As for why she's there, is why I want to talk to you about."

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Bad start, okay. Can only go up from here... right? Awkwardly getting up from his seat he made his way over to Mitsuha's booth, no one else really called him Keniwa any more much to his own dislike, though when she said it... shivers. Sliding in to sit across from her he'd crack an awkward smile "Uhm, my apologies Mitsuha, I like the new look, very... rocktastic." Although all semblance of nervousness dropped as soon as he heard about Ayeka, "She's in the hospital?! What happened..?" He couldn't really believe it, only having had seen her this morning before he went off to do shinobi work, and she was perfectly okay then, not a scratch on her head.

With worry and desperateness he'd plead "Please elaborate Mitsuha."

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Rockstatic... Mitsuha would sigh at that comment, but would let it slide as she focused on thinking things through of telling Keniwa about the events that have taken place. She decided the best way to tell him is go be straight with it, no need to beat around the bush. Telling to him straight is also the easiest since that whole situation is a bit confusing to her still to be honest. "A masked boy and his dog are watching after her in the hospital. He seems to know me, but I don't recall anything about him. Either way, it seems that your sister has undergone a transformation to say the least. Due to it being so sudden, she is unconscious, but alive and recovering. However, there was something that had happened during this transformation that I don't totally get."

Before she would get any further, the waitress would come back and ask Keni what he would like to order. Once that was done, she would leave the two in peace as Mitsuha would speak up once again. "She has had an unnatural amount of chakra and natural energies surrounding her as another force took over her body." She would pause again to let Keni take a guess before she said, "It was Aria."

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Listening as Mitsuha thoroughly explained Keniwa was easily picking up on certain individuals such as his dear companion. 'It must have been Keiyaku and Morutobu I just know it, they certainly would have been there to help Ayeka, and he's aware of who Mitsuha was.' Whilst he thought he made sure to grab every piece of information he possibly could in the moment collecting the intellect and trying to piece by piece what may have happened. Kyoujourans weren't really prone to any sort of natural large transformations outside of external means so... what could it have been. It was clear to see his confusion as he stayed silent for a moment in thought, it was then when the waitress appeared and asked what the young Sennin would like to eat and without really turning to look he would say "Two beef bowls, one with rice, one with ramen, your largest sizes... and a large lemonade... please and thank you."

Whilst that may have appeared slightly rude he really was deep in thought, if anything his stomach had spoken for him, it's harder to think on an empty stomach than one filled to the brim with energy. As Mitsuha spoke about natural energy and an unnatural amount of chakra it's like he somehow knew... there was no one else like her it must have been. Saying in unison with the chuunin, "Aria... But that must mean... she really did die." A moment of silence was shared between the two of them before Keniwa would speak again a lump in his throat as he clenched his trousers whilst his head was slightly down. "What did she want? Did she want to fight? Or did she have something to say? I need to know what she said Mitsuha, please, if there was anything, anything at all. We had plans.. we were going to do things, it was only slight mentions but we were going to be a team. Me you her and Ishi. We even spoke about vacations, holidays going on adventures. Future spars. Everything! She.. was like a sister to me. She was a sister. And now I have Ayeka I'll never make the same mistake I did with Aria. Damnit Mitsuha why did she... i'm sorry... I just." He had kept his voice at an inside level but Mitsuha could clearly here the pent up tension as he spoke, this had been something that had bubbled up inside of him for a while and it was finally spraying out now.

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
She would listen as he spoke. He needed the time to register what was happening. But even so... There was something that had bothered her. Clenching her fists, gripping her pants legs. She was angry with him, but not in the way one would think. She shown no sign of anger as she stood up and slapped him across the face. Him having rock like skin along with her losing her steel like bones made her hand hurt, but she ignored the pain as she glared at him.

"When I met Aria again through Ayeka yes there was sadness, but there was also happiness!" She would lower her voice, sit back down, and speak once more, "We all live and we all die. It is something natural that can never be changed. And even though Aria has passed on she wasn't thinking of herself. She was thinking of you. Me. The masked boy. Otakemaru. And she did so with a smile on her face. We may have some differences that made me not like you, but you made no mistakes with Aria. She said that you were a good rival."

Pausing, she thought about what else to say, "I'm not going to let you wallow in what could have been. Aria has too much faith in you to just see you turn into a blathering mess. You are going to live and enjoy living for what is. And if you ever steer away from what Aria wanted you to be, I will knock the sense back into you."

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The slap didn't hurt his face, it wasn't one which would deal any physical damage to him. But it was one hell of a system reboot as he sat there practically stunned waiting for what she had to say in confused anticipation. Before listening with everything he had to Mitsuha, he needed to know Aria's last message. He couldn't help but allow water to swell inside of his eyes, there was no tears yet it was clear he was emotional in the moment, resting both of his palms on the table with a solemn thoughtful look slathered across his face. He regretted a lot regarding Aria, yet it really did bring a lot of peace to himself to hear her final moments were filled with happiness. He'd wipe his eyes as he managed to crack a small smile at Mitsuha. "Aria... I will not ever forget you." Looking up at the roof above them for a brief moment of silence he'd gaze back down at the table which the two sat across.

"I can not thank you enough Mitsuha. I appreciate your concern but I promise you this I will live knowing Aria is watching over us and protecting us. It's clear she especially won't let any harm fall above Ayeka, I should inform her more about the legendary spirit which overtook her." Clearing his throat with a glass of water, before placing his hands on top of his lap, as he sat there in thought for a minute or two before speaking up. "Whilst we are here Mitsuha. There is a few things I need to discuss with you. As you likely know things are ever changing, I have been granted a lot of new responsibility. As the new main branch sennin. With that comes the topic of squads... Ishi will be leading his own squad but when it comes to us... it's comes to us two. I ask that you help me recruit two new members, with the cypress society taking place soon it will be an excellent place to gauge some of our most talented shinobi's abilities. If you could pick one ninja you think could join us two please tell me, in the not so far future we may have a highly dangerous job to do, with the risk of our very lives. So we must come as prepared as possible." He had no clue really how she would take this information or if she would even obliged but as the last remaining squad members he figured she deserved to know, like it or not the two made a powerful duo working together.

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Mitsuha would look at Keniwa as he would have a resolve wash over him and she would listen as he would talk about how he is now the Main Branch Sennin. Along with that, the talk of rebuilding their team, though it would seem as though she will still just be a lackey while Ishi is leading his own new squad, leaving her and Keniwa the Main branch Sennin to their own devices. She would bite the bottom of her lips as she thought through of what he had told her.

Sighing and giving a small smile, "There you go. Leaving me in the dust... Kind of felt good smacking you after learning that." Was she envious? Yes she was. Here she was, a chunin who has already gone through some crazy stuff, fought that masked man at the gates (though she nearly died), fought Keniwa the newly crowned Main branch Sennin to the point that she nearly turned the tide in her favor. And despite how she had previously seen Keniwa, he still outshone her. She wondered what he has done that had gained favor for him. Sighing again, she would reply, "I suppose a congratulations is in order. Now. Turning to these other matters, with forming a new team. There's me, and you. Both heavy taijutsu fighters. What we will need will be either a ninjutsu fighter or a Genjutsu user. But I will more keep my eyes open for a genjutsu user as they can turn the tides better in my opinion. As for this dangerous job. Are you allowed to share such information with me right now?"

She would wait for him to answer her. Either way, if he obliges to or not, she will then say, "There is one more thing. You remember what I had said what my goal, my dream is? To become a famous Kunoichi. Right now you are outshining me, taking the spotlight. I am no Aria and I cannot fill the empty spot in your heart of how you think of her. But I will take that spotlight from you. So again. Congratulations. But from here on we are competing in a different way."

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Keniwa shared a smile with the kunoichi that sat across from him it appeared that the waiter had brought both of their meals to the table, steadily moving the menus out of the way he would rub his hands and lick his lips in anticipation the smell alone already left him starved. If there was one thing that nowhere else could beat, it was leaf's ramen, with both of his bowls he was about ready to dig in to one of the best meals of his life. Grabbing his chopsticks he would begin to scoop up ramen straight in to his gullet as he ate with speed and determination, it's spiciness and flow of flavours lighting a spark in his eyes. Although bringing his eyes back up to the conversation he had gathered bits and pieces of what she had said, not... completely distracted by the food. Swallowing what was left in his mouth he would thank the Kaguya, "Thank you Mitsuha, and you are-" knocking his chest as he would clear his throat so that he could continue "Y-you are right. We would need a genjutsu user, we both have access to some ninjutsu however, the art of genjutsu is where we fall lack luster."

Taking a bite from one of his two steaks his mind was made up already with what he could say to his teammate, "I can share a decent amount with you, since you would be accompanying me if it was to happen. I am not sure if you are aware with the situation regarding the 5th Hokage, Asuka. Well a lot of leaf's past few years of struggle is due to her, apparently she abandoned the people when they needed her most. And for that, now being held accountable she has been sent to sand to desperately apologise to the Kazekage for the blame she threw at the village hidden in the sand, and all it's residents. Now depending on how the operation goes, we may be sent to... eliminate her. I for one do not wish for this at all, in fact I actually owe her my life. However in the moment it may not be a choice on what happens, according to the 4th Hokage she is prone to... explode. So a squad of four of us might need to travel to Sunagakure, I hope this does not need to happen, however only the future could tell. Despite this mission in particular though, our squad will be taking a diplomatic role when it comes to missions, we may be even heading to Kumogakure to help in any problems they may have, we are representatives of Konoha."

It may have been a side effect of becoming more confident, but he realised when he was with people he was comfortable with.. he could speak his mind without much awkward trouble anymore. He still definitely felt weird about speaking so much on the inside, but he started to appear less and less that way on his outer shell. Raising his glass he would attempt to cheers with Mitsuha after her own statement of declaring they were rivals. "I think a cheers is in order to seal the deal, lets not go easy on each other, as rivals, I expect you to go for it... Mitsuha."

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
She would sit back in her seat as Keniwa would agree with her on the fact that they would need a Genjutsu user. "As you know, I do have some skill when it comes to Vision style genjutsu, which could very well help us out in the long run of things, if I don't feel comfortable with having a genjutsu user I do find. And if that is the case, I will want to get someone who has either experience, or is someone that is dependable that can help us out in both the thick and thin of things."

She would listen to what he had to say when she had asked him about what the dangerous job might be. Asuka, the fifth Hokage. She met the woman once, gave her valuable life lesson, albeit she was rude about it, but Mitsuha won't forget about it anytime soon. She would sigh, it seems like that it will be a delicate situation on their hands to deal with. "Seems like we'll have our hands full for a while either way. To Sand for a possible confrontation with the Fifth Hokage, or a seemingly and hopefully quiet diplomatic time in Cloud. Either way, we'll need passports to travel. Oh, and you don't need to worry about me wanting to kill and whatnot. I guess it's time for you to know. I've cut ties with Jashin. I've wakened to a new power that you could say overwritten the powers of Jashin. But it was also at the cost of my own bloodline abilities. My bone powers are no more." She wondered if it had clicked to him that when she had slapped him earlier, why it didn't feel like a full on punch? Her bones were like that of steel, and his skin that of rock, she was his natural counter. But what she is now... "You'll see what I mean during the Cypress Society event."

As Keniwa would bring his glass up, he asked her for a cheers. Now despite all that has happened between the two, Mitsuha was willing to put the past behind her. Picking up her water, she would clink her glass to his and say, "Cheers." And then drink her water.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Keniwa would smile as he heard mitsuha mentioning passports whilst crossing his arms confidently, "You forget I am a Sennin mitsuha, passports won't be an issue, I can get some sorted whenever we'd like. But you are right, I'd like to go to cloud aswell." Letting out a small chuckle he would continue to eat his food as she talked.

"Jashinism huh.." He had known of those that worshipped Jashin and had heard of the cult before, it was notorious for having some of the most ruthless, devious murderers and criminals alike within their ranks. And somehow... Mitsuha as well? He had no clue why Jashin had picked her at all, but at least she was now free of his crimson grasp. The day he sparked a ruthless vengeance in her was one that few who were present would ever forget. After the two cheers and dug in to their meals, they continued to have probably one of the least eventful times they've had with each other. And really... it was quite nice. Despite those who they'd lost, and who they were now. They were a Team again.

[Topic Left]

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
She could see the gears in his head turning when he said Jashinism. She'll have to admit it, Keniwa was always someone who was passionate about protecting others and being someone who was caring. It would only be natural that he would worry that he thinks that she made an enemy of Jashin. She would roll her eyes and say, "Don't think too hard about it. I am your battle analyst for when the going gets tough." She was confident in her own abilities and to direct others to fully maximize their own potential.

Surprisingly, time would go by without a hitch. Which was actually a first given how almost all of her interactions with Keniwa made her just want to throttle him into oblivion a couple of times. She would pay for her own meal and excuse herself as she reminded herself of the promise that she made for Aria, it was half fulfilled with her needing to seek out Otakemaru.

As she would walk out, she would think of how the team began. Everyone was so loud and rambunctious. But it did have a nice cozy feeling about it. Back then, in a more formal time, she didn't want to be a team, but now, Aria's death had undoubtedly brought the team closer to a team once again. Mitsuha would honor Aria and expects Keniwa to as well.

(topic left)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back