Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private Teamwork 101: Practical Presentation [Req. Ayame, Tadashi, Toyoko]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
IMG_1639.jpeg
Shin would stand outside of the Commercial District, at the edge of the residential zone. He would look at his watch as it was coming close to when he had asked his squad of students to meet up. Wearing his casual attire of a black suit jacket and slacks with a red undershirt he wasn’t in his typical blue uniform.

’I don’t see why you’re wasting your time with this. There’s no need to take them shopping for clothes. ‘

”Don’t be hating on it Kohana, spending casual time together helps build teamwork and trust with one another. While they have had time to get to know one another in the Toraono Dojo, I was simply their sensei. Now that we will be working as a squad they need to get to know me outside of a professional setting.“

’If you say so, I would much rather have a training session as your first meet up after the exams.‘

”You would, but after their exam I want this to be more laid back and relax. Tension was high then, and it’s only been a few weeks since, we can’t force them into more stress without establishing a safe environment for them.“

Shin would let out a sigh, he hoped they were processing everything well. He knew he hadn’t been after the loss of Sora. With the exception of Toyoko, this would be his first time seeing Ayame and Tadashi since the exam, and even with Toyoko she seemed to keep busy with training and work that Shin felt as though he hadn’t seen much of her lately either.

He would sit on the edge of a shop waiting for the Genin to arrive. He was excited to see how today would go.

Chikamatsu Toyoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Toyoko stood in her room at the Omni Prime Medical Facility, staring at herself in the mirror. What the hell was she hesitating for? She wasn't going to be alone with Shin; he had invited both Ayame and Tadashi along too. She felt like she would be safe in their company. Ever since they had saved her life, she felt as though the three of them had an unbreakable bond. She owed them a life debt, one that she would be sure to repay somehow. Shaking off the nerves, she exited her room and quickly made her way through the village, sticking to the shadows, until she arrived at the Commercial District.

Unfortunately for Toyoko, there weren't many areas for her to hide here. Amidst the light from all the businesses, and the crowds roaming the streets, she would have to reveal herself one way or another. Taking a deep breath, she stepped out of the shadows and towards Shin. A family nearby gawked at her hulking form, their daughter squealing in delight as she beheld a six foot tall walking teddy bear. "Mommy! Mommy, look! I want one of those!" Toyoko sneered at the little girl, causing her parents to grab her and dart away from the Genin. She hated the attention that her body brought upon her. From anyone that had heard what happened during the exams, she got looks of pity and worry. From others on the streets, it was surprise or elation at the sight of a moving toy. Why had Hina chosen this to be her new body? She would have preferred not to be brought back at all, if this was the fate that she was doomed to endure now.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shin would smile as he saw his daughter, but the presence oh the comments provided by the child made his smile drop and a sigh slipped from his lips. ”Pay them no mind Toyoko.“

We would get up and dust off the seat of his pants. ”You know, this doesn’t have to be permanent, right? What Sora and Hina did, to save you… while I am glad you’re still here I want you to know that this doesn’t have to be permanent if you don’t want it to be.“

He paused for a moment. A sensitive subject for both he and his daughter after the loss of Sora. A topic they have yet to discuss since the incident.

Shin would pull out three scrolls, two smaller than the third. ”I can teach you how to augment and change your physical form.“ he hesitated, unsure if he should bring this up at all.

”Or…“

His mind went to what happened with Sora, a creation of his with a partial soul.

”I could make you a body, however you want it to be… like I did for Sora.“

He wasn’t sure when the other Genin would arrive, but he was going to take this moment to try and connect with Toyoko.

”Whatever you want or need Toyoko… you just need to ask and I will travel to the ends of the planet to make sure we can accomplish it for you.“

Chikamatsu Ayame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayame found it a bit bizarre that Shin had offered to take them shopping. Growing up in poverty she found the importance of keeping what she had in pristine condition to prolong the longevity of her apparel. She didn't have much to purchase new clothes with, but the thought of shin spending his own money on her left her feeling uncomfortable if that was what he had in mind. But she worried if she declined the offer to meet up she would appear even worse. Besides, she hadn't really gone out much these days so maybe it would actually be quite nice to see Toyoko and Tadashi again. Although she hadn't seen Toyoko very often, it would be nice to have the three of us together again. Ayame actually looked forward to seeing Tadashi again as well. Shortly after the exam they had bonded again over the soul fragments that were unwillingly placed into them. Although Ayame felt that Tadashi seemed to have adjusted much easier than she had, he still made her feel like he understood the way she felt about it.

She left her home and made her way over to the Commercial District. As she was passing by a crowd of people she overheard 2 of them laughing about a giant teddy bear that had walked by earlier, "No, no, I swear to you! It was a real life teddy bear just walking by hahaha!" "There must be some carnival going on nearby then, feel bad for the sucker that got stuck wearing that all day! Hahaha" As they laughed Ayame felt the rage build up inside of her. She knew immediately who they were talking about. Toyoko must have passed through this area. If only they knew what she had to go through She faced her head down while passing them and concealed her hand movements as she formed 2 tendrils of water that split to grab the ankles of the two older men laughing, lifting them upside down a few feet into the air and drop them face down, then proceeding to release the water directly on top of them. She slid quietly through the rest of the crowd as she continued her way towards the Commercial district. She knew it was her duty to protect her people, but she felt she was doing just that. After all, who was considered more "her people" than her own family? Besides, she made sure not to hurt them too bad, just enough that they could handle. Finally reaching the meeting point she spotted Toyoko and Shin and headed towards them, deciding not to tell them about what had happened on her way there.

WC:445

Chikamatsu Toyoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Toyoko glares at Shin as she approaches. What would he know of all the mocking and pitying looks that she received? He had a body, a position of power, and family. He likely grew up in a happy environment, nothing like what she had been forced to go through as a child. He didn't understand anything about her! So how dare he talk down to her like that? As she opened her mouth to speak, Kiyohime popped up over her shoulder and whispered in her ear. "Toyoko! Just give him a chance to speak. I'm sure he's not nearly as evil as you think he is. Perhaps he is just trying to look out for you and care for you in the aftermath of the exams. You have to remember that he lost a daughter. You knew Sora a short time, but Shin created her. Imagine the pain that he's gone through."

Snapping her mouth shut and glaring at the draconic spirit, Toyoko huffed out a sigh and let Shin approach her. Her eyes went wide when he said that she didn't have to remain in this body. She hadn't considered that she would be able to have something different. After weeks, she had grown accustomed to living in this body. Sure, the stares and whispers that followed her pissed her off and made her very conscious that she was nothing like the other members of the village, but what Shin was offering... Her hand drifted towards him and the scrolls that he held out. What would it be like to have a normal body again? To be able to navigate her life without everyone pitying her or laughing at her? Since when did this become her new normal, and when did she decide to just roll over and take it? She was a determined young girl, never letting life bring her down. So what had changed in her life that caused her to simply accept this torturous existence?

”I could make you a body, however you want it to be… like I did for Sora.“ Her hand immediately jerked back to her side, her eyes lifting to Shin's. This was the first time she had heard her sister's name since the day that she had died. With it came an overwhelming wave of guilt and sorrow, one that she thought she could see reflected in her father's eyes. Did she want that? A true body, one that could age and grow alongside her friends? One that could bleed, and eat, and do everything that this hollow puppet body could not? She wasn't sure anymore...

"Shin... I don't know what I want. All I know is that I don't like what I am right now. All of the stares and whispers, they are starting to get to me. I've often considered just giving up. Joining Sora wherever she is. But I know that she would mock me for eternity if I did that, so I force myself to keep going, no matter how hard it gets. I hate my existence and I want to change. I want to be able to smile and laugh again, to think of her without wanting to curl up into a ball and die from shame. I appreciate the offer of a body... but it feels like a betrayal to her. She was unique, and I don't want to take that away from her. So while I want a new 'body', I don't want something like Sora had. I'd be fine with a body similar to this, but more humanoid. Something that won't arouse suspicion and scare the residents at the Omni Prime. It's so hard to do my job, so I end up taking solitary positions like filing in the back away from everyone. I miss interacting with the villagers that come in, making them feel better. Please help me."

Toyoko begins sobbing as soon as she says her sister's name, and doesn't stop throughout the whole explanation. She falls to her knees, bringing her hands to her face, embarrassed at being so emotional and vulnerable. This was never the girl that she was; she was hard inside and out, never showing any emotion. What was wrong with her? Why couldn't she just shut off her feelings like when her parents died? Why did this hurt so much more than then? She was faintly aware of Ayame walking up to them, and quickly brushed the tears from her eyes and stood back up, keeping her gaze locked on the ground.

MFT: 752

Last edited:

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shin would let out a sigh, the tears building in his eyes, but he needed to be strong for her. "Then allow me to provide an alternative." As Ayame approached Shin would take out a small scroll, older in appearance. "This is the Journeyman Chikamatsu Akemi's final Creation. He was the pupil of the eternal puppet master Mojitsu Areomaru, and he designed many of the practice models that are used by the students in the Toraono Dojo, as well as being the mind behind most of the Main Branch's puppet weapons. This is a one of a kind masterpiece. It is unrivaled excpet by the masterpieces Mr. Areo crafted." He knew a lot of the Journeyman Chikamatsu Akemi, but he would wait before giving too much information as to not scare Toyoko at all. "This is a Hitokugutsu Puppet, they are a very rare and powerful form, this model, if you can master it, allows for you to have powers similar to my own. It is named Michiko."

Opening the older scroll and making a handseal to release the puppet. Standing before Ayame and Toyoko now stood a beautiful woman, with dark hair and fair skin. Shin could remember when this woman had a stark blonde complexion, but over time the hair had darkened. Her features were fair and oddly enough familiar. Shin connected his chakra threads to her.

"What Hina did, it's something she was learning from me, but I have mastered the technique, the Soul Transference Jutsu. If you so desired, I could place you inside of this marionette instead, it would be a body like the one you have now, a tool you could craft and alter however you desire, but unlike your current frame, with Michiko you would be able to blend into the general population."

His attention shifted towards Ayame, he could see the shadow of the fragment within her, a dark mirror of himself. a soft grin. "It is a technique I would like to teach you Ayame, as the two of you and Tadashi are a squad now. You may be assigned missions without me, and if something were to happen to Toyoko's body it cannot be mended like our bodies, so having this jutsu would allow you to not only be a wonderful Physician for you and Tadashi, but a Medic for Toyoko as well."

His gaze turned back to Toyoko. "But ultimately, it is your call Toyoko... I just want you to be happy. We may still have some time until Tadashi arrives, and the process is quick and painless."

Hayate Tadashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Over at the Hayate Household Tadashi was up early getting his daily training in. He'd learned a lot of new moves since the genin exam with Ayame and Toyoko, and he was determined to learn more and get stronger still. He had switched from wood targets to stone ones since his wind chakra was too effective at shredding apart the wood for it to last very long these days. But even now he had reached the point where going all out would slice the rocks apart as well. This meant that Tadashi was usually practicing his technique at 30% of his potential to avoid damaging the house and targets too much. Having been keeping an eye on the time he realizes that it's getting close to when Shin had asked them to meet up today. Tadashi had become more punctual and disciplined from his short time training under the anbu branch captain. "Looks like I'll have to call it quits now and wash up before I meet the others." He says to himself before heading inside for a shower and change of clothes.

After getting cleaned and dressed Tadashi stood in front of the bathroom mirror fixing his hair obsessively when his mother walks by and takes notice. "Ah, you must be off to meet that Chikamatsu girl again aren't you Tadashi?"She says teasingly. Surprised and embarrassed by her comment Tadashi turns a bright red hue and nervously says back: "What!? No! I mean, yeah but.. not like that mom! It's..." His mom smiles at him and says: "Ok"
"What?.."
"It's ok Tadashi, she's good for you. I can tell how you feel and when she's around you seem much happier. With all your new friends too. That's all I want for you, for my boy to be happy..." She takes a short pause and says softly while holding Tadashi's cheek:
"You're growing into such a fine young man Tadashi, we're so proud of you. Go now, you don't want to be late to meet them."
"Thank you mom." Without saying anything else Tadashi heads outside to go meet the others.

Now later in the day the streets have filled with people travelling about their days going here and there. The crowd wasn't dense but it was still enough people to slow him down. Luckily he didn't need to walk there. "Looks like walking's no good today, oh well.." Tadashi crouches down briefly before leaping into the air 10 meters with a burst of wind and then leans forward with his arms back behind him blowing wind chakra behind himself as propulsion. He begins to fly towards the commercial district at a high speed.

Spotting the others from above Tadashi flies down towards them... fast. He may have been a little too excited to meet the others today and flown too fast for his own good. "Shit, shit shit shit shit shit!! He shouts as he reverses the wind chakra to slow himself down before he runs into any of the group. A little too late however as he clips the ground before he can adjust and save himself from impact. Hitting the ground hard he tumbles towards the group at a high speed heading right for them...

Word Count: 532

Last edited:

Chikamatsu Ayame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayame slowed her steps and approached gently as she felt like she was interrupting something between Toyoko and Shin. She didn't want to intrude but they both seemed to notice her presence and continued their conversation so it must be okay that she was there as well. She could tell Toyoko had been crying and she wanted to be there for her. Toyoko had been through enough, and she wished she could take away some of her pain. She didn't speak as to not interrupt, and just listened to their conversation. Shin brought out his scrolls of the puppet variations and she realized they were talking about a new body for Toyoko. A new.. puppet body? Was this Toyoko's choice? It somehow seemed fitting. She had just started to adjust to Toyoko's new form, she was almost forgetting what she looked like originally, before the.. accident. Suddenly shin summoned a woman, a puppet woman? Regardless, she was beautiful. Would that be Toyoko's new form? A small smile slipped as Ayame was thinking about how much older Toyoko would look in comparison. Ayame had a lot of questions and interests and it was as if Shin could read the curiosity off of her face as he directed his attention towards. "It is a technique I would like to teach you Ayame" The talk of soul transfer made her heart rate accelerate as it triggered her memories back to the exam. But she thought that, maybe if she learned more about it, it would help her cope. Despite how traumatic it was, she knew it was the best possible outcome with everything that had been thrown at them that day, and without it, Toyoko would not be here standing next to her today. She looked over at Toyoko with the realization and her eyes started to water. She gave Toyoko's hand a tight squeeze and looked back at Shin, "Its important to me that I do what is necessary to be the most useful to my team. I would appreciate it if you showed me the jutsus Sensei. I'll do my best to learn it perfectly and make sure that you can trust me with Toyoko's life, that you all can trust me."

Just then Ayame hears some commotion coming from behind her, as she turns around she sees something hit the ground and starts hurling towards them at fast speed. As it gets closer she sees Tadashi is tumbling towards them, and quickly realizes that if she doesn't stop him, he's going to knock all of them over! She quickly creates a pool of water along his path to try to stop the tumbling but that didn't work as she basically just turned it into a slip n slide and he was now sliding towards them at a faster rate. Panicked to protect her Sensei and Toyoko, she creates a barrier around them but by doing that accidentally creates a ramp for Tadashi to slide on. She closes her eyes as she waits for his landing "Ugh! Tadashi why do you have to be so wreckless!

WC:514

Last edited:

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back