Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The 5th Dimension [PVT]

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
clLfVet.jpg

Today was the day. Not one she dreamed about but one she never thought would happen to her. Sleeping the night before was laughable, and instead, to let the butterflies settle she mulled over her outfit and ate things that would probably cause her to break out in a few days. The outfit, she couldn’t choose between red or green dress. Red, representing her Will of Fire, which her great love ignited within her, or green which represented Konoha as a whole, but more importantly, was the color of her great loves eyes. Up until this very moment she hadn’t made a complete decision as to what to wear, and ended up choosing it by doing “eeny, meeny, miny, moe”.

Yomi spent the night with Kaori in Crater City at Apple’s hole in the wall. At the last minute, she decided that it was best for her not to see Umashi the night before. It was probably silly of her to think that way, but, Asuka welcomed it. She’d be able to decorate Umashi’s office in peace while Yomi was being minded by the Priestess. Her new office was rather large and so Asuka also set it up with a vanity where she could do all her primping there. This event was above private, it was not even on anyone’s official calendar. They wanted to keep it small and family oriented and if she could help it, out of the local media outlets. Either way, so that Umashi did not think she left due to cold feet, she left him a note.

Umashi,
So excited for tomorrow! Headed to Crater City with Kaori for some last-minute fun. I’ll be back in the morning! I won’t be late, so you better not be!
Love,
Yomi

Kaori and Yomi ended up back in the village through a secret route that was saved for the Hokage for crisis situations, specifically assassination attempts. She was told once she arrived at her office, that there was a situation at the gates but she did not question the seriousness of it. It was something more important on her mind, and Konoha Nin were more than capable.

Settling on the green outfit, she sat at the vanity putting on her makeup. A “her skin, but better” look was what she was going for. It all was to be perfect in her minds-eye. Even Rei, blessed be her name, had come to her in the days leading up to this day, confirming that she was in agreement with this union. There was no greater affirmation than the blessing of Rei, that is Yomi.

After spritzing on her favorite scent of vetiver and sandalwood layered with jasmine, she disrobed, letting Asuka help her into her dress. She wayward thought of Lord Kobayakawa came to her mind. The only father she had ever known was missing a day in which most fathers hoped their daughters would see, even more so for kunoichi daughters. Would he be happy for her? In all their twisted dealings, would he even be able to accept Umashi as worthy for his favorite’s hand? As Asuka fussed with her dress, the Medical Sennin stopped her.

“Do you think Lord K wished this for me?” Asuka looked at her startled by the question. For a long moment, the lifelong friends looked at each other in silence, one wondering what the other was thinking. They never spoke about the past and if they did, it was in passing and not in much detail. Asuka raised her eyebrows, and gave a small shrug, before she broke the silence.

“I think he wished that his belief in the Beguiled did not trump his love for you…whatever that love was…” Asuka went back to fixing Yomi’s dress after that last bit. Even she was still unsure of how Lord Kobayakawa felt about Yomi. Was it a father / daughter love, or something else?

Yomi stopped Asuka again, grabbing her hands in the process. Asuka looked up at her but said nothing.

“And you?”

Asuka exhaled, as she searched for the words to say. Letting go of Yomi’s hands she wrapped them around herself while she turned her back to Yomi. The Goddess folded her hands in front of her as she waited for the woman’s response. For once, the woman had no preconceived notions of what her friend was going to say.

“In the decades I’ve known you, I have never known you to make a wrong decision.” Asuka began. “This is not a bad decision. I only wish that I had more time…”

“Time? I have given you eternity.” Her eyebrows furrowed as she questioned.

“Yes, but, it seems it wasn’t enough for me to get to you before he did.” Asuka chuckled as she turned back to Yomi, with tears in her eyes. They would not fall however, as that was not their style. Yomi gave her friend a smile as she opened her arms to hug her. Asuka wrapped herself around her friend, her Goddess as she stifled a cry.

“We have an eternity and more to be together, Hano Asuka. And should Rei require you to be at her table, we will never be separated. Our love surpasses time and space and circumstances. Remember that I chose you first.” Yomi smiled at her as she let her go. She watched her drop to one knee and bow her head.

“My greatest blessing…forgive me for my slight.” Asuka would remain kneeled until Yomi would ask her to rise again. Yomi would have none of this now, and quickly told her to get up.

“And you need to know, I never deserved you. I was just lucky.” Words never spoken by her, and since Asuka decided she was going to emote today, there was no reason for Yomi not to level with her. She reached over and wiped the tears that were threatening to form in Asuka’s eyes before she would focus on the matter at hand.

“So…what do you think?” Yomi did a little twirl in her green frock for Asuka’s approval. Asuka smiled and nodded. “Perfect!”

Asuka helped Yomi with her jewelry while Yomi looked out of her office window, noting her lovely Besito prowling about. There were no ANBU around for this event, but, she felt it was more than enough to have him securing the premises. Plus, he’d cry for hours should she have left him out. Have you ever heard a large beast whine, because it’s very jarring.

The Goddess was led down the long corridor by her best friend towards the Hokage’s office. She used this time to go over her wedding vows, like her dress, she had not finalized them in her mind, sure that she would say the perfect things when she stood across from her husband. Standing outside, she was told to wait there by Asuka while she would look in to make sure that everything was ready for her arrival. She would wait until someone came back to get her.

[OOC: Tamashii & Kaori requested]
[Topic Entered with NPC’s Asuka & Besito]

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Today was frantic. Utter chaos in a silent village. In order to keep everything calm there was an order of operations that had to go down. Right now, the only thing on Tamashii's mind was getting everything setup. Logistics said that he would have no choice but to finish filing away his paperwork. He'd sent everyone and everything under his private squad of ANBU that were loyal to him. Simply put, there was no Umashi. No record of his chakra. No hint that he had left the country or even been kidnapped... Tamashii would stare out of his office windo after getting word from the underground that there was nothing... no sign or even hints anywhere. Moments before the village was at arms... Word of the giant flaming bird had reached the city... and with it would go Umashi. And that was the last anyone heard of it. The gates were at arms.

And nothing... simply nothing. Tamashii would open the door to his office going out to the hallway. Seeing Yomi, Tamashii would come down the hallway behind Yomi reaching the office before sighing, his best friend was dead. Or so he was thinking but how would such information be driven to Yomi. Would she want to hear of Umashi's death? Like Tamashii had heard of Hakurens? Was this not worse for her? He could sympathize but there was one thing he couldnt do... He couldnt just drive the nail int he coffin. In Tamashii's Mind there had to be some way to go about this and the easing into it would likely be the best way.

"Yomi... It would seem that there was an attack on the outer boarder of the village. And Umashi went, as well as the gate guard." a gentle nod would follow as he would await her response... though he could continue before her rebuttal. "Its been... Seven hours and my personal ANBU squad has reported any notice of where Umashi maybe... but they are wanting to report that Umashi's deceased....", nodding he would think to himself before wanting to get too deep into thought. However, he would not want to jump to conclusions, "Its too early to say... but as it stands, You are acting Hokage... So whatever you wish to do next... is what we'll do.", and with that Tamashii would stand quietly.

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaori obtains:
1x Knowledge of Secret Tunnel Entrance​
Kaori had a dress picked out for her and it was a pink color. Pink, representing the cute and playful nature that she, herself, represented but it also represented the sweet, kind, and tender nature displayed by Yomi; the person she would be seeing this private affair with. While she didn't particularly like the color or how floofy this dress was, it was the right amount of pretty enough for an event like this. She didn't want to wear anything else that wouldn't make her look like she meant business for a formal celebration like the union of Yomi and the Hokage. While it did sadden her that, due to Yomi's godlihood, her lifespan will outpace Umashi's, having her see the man grow old and die as she never aged; at least Kaori was happy to see a sweet thing happen to Yomi. If anyone deserved to be happy, it was her. However, she was destined for heartbreak and in the lives of shinobi, it could come at any given time. Grim thoughts aside, Kaori stopped before the hallway leading to the Sennin and Hokage's office.

Kaori closed her eyes for a moment and took a deep breath. She re-adjusted the bonnet in her hair and readjusted her top, making sure she didn't look 'lopsided'. It was hard enough dodging Besito's tongue from licking her and messing up her clothing and she just wanted to look good for Yomi's special day. Yomi was bound to look beautiful in her dress and her charming (and hot) husband-to-be should look spectacular as well. They really were the cutest couple that could be formed in Konoha. After adjusting her breasts, she took a step into the hallway, noticing that Asuka and Tamashii-Sensei were standing in the hallway just in front of the Hokage's office. Kaori raised a hand up as if to wave them down with a big smile on her face, but her mouth opened and words didn't come out.

Just as she was about to say something, the look on Tamashii's face said everything. She got closer, now being within earshot of Tamashii's words just in time to hear him say 'Umashi's deceased'. This caused Kaori to pause for a moment before shouting out "Bullshit!" being the only words to herald her entrance here. "I call bullshit, Tamashii-Sensei!" Kaori said as she reached over and placed a hand upon the man's shoulder and spun him around so he would face her. Kaori looked MUCH different from the last time they met. She now had different colored hair, her horns were clearly visible, and she had a much, much nicer pair of breasts than last time. The scowl written upon Kaori's face betrayed the cute outfit that Kaori wore. "Don't declare a man dead until you found his body! Everyone knows that! Tell the main branch and even the Pervert Corps (ANBU) to go searching for him. If he really IS dead, then have them return his body!" Kaori said. She was infuriated at the news that she was given. Whether he was actually dead or not wasn't the point. The point of her being angry is that Yomi would be devastated by this news.

"If you aren't going to send out those goons, then I'll go get them myself! Umashi isn't dead, damnit!" she said, her voice getting increasingly louder and louder. It was at this point that she didn't care about how sensitive that information is, she was pissed and she gets VERY loud when she gets pissed. Jumping to conclusions about the fate of a man due to them being misplaced or spirited away was stupid. "He could have went to another country and got too drunk. He could have got locked in someone's basement (i hope not). Many things could be the answer and you respond with him being dead?!" Kaori said as she narrowed her brows at the man and raised a hand and attempted to slap him across the face.

"Don't come to conclusions that aren't proven true! Your lies could hurt Yomi!" she said enraged. All this time, she didn't have the heart to look at Yomi. Seeing her heart-break would devastate her. At least Kaori's constant denial could give Yomi a bit of hope, even if that little sliver was a false sense of hope.

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tamashii came through the doors and she smiled at him, though the look on his face was grim. Her smile quickly faded as he told her the little issue at the gates was a lot more than “little”.

“What?” She looked at him as her excitement turned to worry. He was supposed to be officiating their wedding, why was he out here collecting her and not Kaori or Asuka? She listened to what he had to say and she burst out laughing. It was the kind of laugh that you did when you were trying to stop any other emotion from coming out.

She understood what he said to her, but it was not registering. “What?” She said again as she looked at him.

“Hokage?” Yomi turned away from the man as she instinctively placed her hands on her pregnant belly. “Tamashii, where is my husband?” She turned back towards him, that rage that Umashi had been systematically trying to destroy within her was threatening to rear its very ugly head. Still, her tone was even as she asked him to repeat himself as she would never allow anyone to see her crack. That was only reserved for her great love and Asuka.

She cut Tamashii off before he could say anything. “Umashi would not die on our wedding day. I do not care what they want to report. If that’s all they can give me then they are not worth the price we pay them.” Yomi exhaled and looked at her fellow Sennin, recalling the last time he disappeared on her, only to show up at her house when she got there. Or the time when they escaped from a room of would be assassins and he kept her safe, and she kept him alive. This bullshit that Tamashii was telling her was not jiving with what she knew Umashi to be.

Apparently, the young Priestess felt the same way as she tore into Tamashii as well. Yomi just let her go off. It was in large part because her reaction was exactly how Yomi wanted to react, how she should react, but for whatever reason, she did not. That same reason was what caused Asuka to stifle her own cries just a moment ago. Yomi felt like death, her stomach was in knots and she swallowed the urge to vomit many times over.

The Sennin let Kaori rant and rave up until the moment she tried to strike Tamashii. Emotions were running high, but, there was no way that she was going to let this devolve into a Basic Strike fiasco. Grabbing Kaori’s hand as she raised it to hit the Sennin, the Goddess pulled Kaori to her side, and held on to her, but, did not give any words of admonishment.

“I am not a peasant, Tamashii. So you tell them that the next time they think of feeding me scraps, I’ll be forcing it down their throats. My husband, your best friend, is not dead and if I hear that even hinted at again, I will consider it high treason, since, as you say, I’m the Hokage while we sort this out." Yomi made a visible sign of her faith, as she silently asked Rei for clarity.

“I need a moment to think, and to change out…” Yomi looked down at her wedding dress as if she saw it for the first time. “…change out of this, since it’s hardly appropriate now. Please gather whatever paperwork I need to sign. Kaori will help me.” Yomi sighed and shook her head at Tamashii as she went back the way she came to get into something more suitable for the task at hand, dragging Kaori along.

The walk back to her own office seemed to take forever as her knees threatened to buckle underneath her. Using the wall to help her along, she kicked off her shoes at the midway point leaving them to lie in the hallway. She thought of her vows and what she wanted to say to him, and now these people were trying to tell her that Umashi was dead? Whatever hell she thought of for herself could not compare to the hell on earth she was privy too now.

Upon opening the door, she began taking off her jewelry and placing them on her vanity. She did not make eye contact with Kaori, as she stood with her back facing the girl.

“Unzip me please?” She would stand in place until Kaori helped her out of the wedding dress. Standing in her undergarments, she took a step forward and just stood silently for a long time, looking at her wedding dress strewn about on the floor. Sure, she imagined it being on the floor, but, not like this. Not without her husband being the one to take her out of it.

Finally looking at Kaori she just shrugged in defeat. “I don’t know, how I’m supposed to feel right now.” She said more to herself that to the girl as she sat down in the middle of her office floor.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Suddenly he would be slammed and hammered by two women. Tamashii didnt ask for any of this but he would only nod to their dumpster fire... Tamashii thought to himself, 'This wouldnt happen if Umashi kept himself out of damn trouble... The boy was absent at the damn dance too... He onyl seems to be there for the cookies and cre-' his thought was cut by a note coming in on his headset, raising his hand up to respond he would nod, "~//~ . . .Are you sure? . . . No, that doesnt make any sense whatsoever. . . Call me back when you have more intel, I'll let the others know. . .~//~", it would seem to be as Tamashii would gather the necessary paperwork that there was a few things that needed to be sorted out. And one of them was the fact that There was reminisce of Umashi's chakra... but it was odd.

"...The fuck Umashi... What the fuck did you get yourself into this time..." shaking his head he would walk back through the hallway to the door and he would knock, knowing that Yomi was still probably not decent he would not enter for fear the wrath of Umashi and Yomi. As well as Yomi's protege. . . and especially that big ass wolf thing that followed Yomi around. Tamashii shuddered at the fact that beast could likely eat him alive. It wouldnt be the first time he'd be in the belly of a beast. However, he wanted that sandworm incident to be the last time. At any pace... this would be the waiting point. He'd Radio in on Yomi's signal hoping she would respond, "~//~ Yomi-sama... I wanted to establish that there is new information, also I have the paperwork you need to sign as of now.~//~"

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaori's hand was caught, causing her to pause and look back towards Yomi for a moment before lower her arm and continuing her warpath through Tamashii's intelligence gathering. She didn't miss a beat as soon as her arms were lowered and was eventually dragged away by Yomi back into her office. It was a painful trek down the hall towards the office as Yomi struggled to stay on her own two feet, kicking off her shoes in the process. Normally, she'd go pick up the shoes, but she took it upon herself to stabilize Yomi so she didn't fall in the middle of the hallway. Her knees were weak and the idea of her soon-to-be husband having perished was enough to drive anyone to madness once the feelings of grief subsided. She escorted Yomi up to the door, opened it and helped her inside where Yomi was released from Kaori's grasp to flee to her mirror.

Once the door was closed behind them, Kaori just looked at Yomi for a moment and everything started to hit her all at once. The devastation upon Yomi's face was enough to set her off as a few tears fell down her cheeks, more sad for Yomi than if the Hokage actually died. She didn't particularly know the Hokage much nor did she particularly care as she felt he was responsible for not keeping his ANBU in-check. Yomi's reflection in the mirror just tore Kaori up even more, just standing there and watching her remove her beautiful jewelry; an accent that only highlighted Yomi's natural beauty further. It was this moment of silence that made the tension much worse for her as she wanted to say something to her, but felt the moment wasn't right.

It wasn't until Yomi spoke that Kaori made her way behind Yomi, wiping the tears from her face with her palm, to unzip her. There were still no words towards Yomi as Kaori placed a hand upon the zipper at the very top of the dress, pulling it down to expose a mostly bare back. Kaori helped Yomi out of the beautiful green fabric only for it to just lay upon the floor; a semblance of the mental chaos that was happening within Yomi's mind. Sadness seemed to ravage her psyche, not even taking the time to care for such a prized object like her wedding dress; an item with such emotional significance.

The look of defeat was enough to set Kaori off as she rushed in and hugged Yomi tightly, tears starting to fall down her face. "It's okay to cry," Kaori said, keeping her head high in the event that Yomi needed a shoulder to cry on. Her dress, as expensive as it was, wasn't nearly as important as Yomi's feelings right now. What Yomi needed was someone to keep her company and keep her from losing control. Grief is a powerful emotion that could cause even the most level-headed person to become an enraged psychopath bent on having others feel her grief amplified by many. It was Kaori's hopes that, allowing Yomi to cry, would help ease her pain even slightly. Holding all of her emotions in would just result in more pain and suffering in the future whether it's her own misery or causing misery for others.

As Kaori embraced the half-naked Yomi, she heard a buzzing coming from Yomi's headset, a voice that sounded familiar to Tamashii-Sensei's. Gritting her teeth, she released the embrace upon Yomi and smiled to her. "Looks like Tama-sensei has something to say, give me a second," Kaori said as she stood up and walked over to the headset, wherever Yomi kept it, and picked it up, pressing it against her ear. Kaori listened and turned to look towards Yomi for a moment. "Apparently, new information came in about Umashi," she said before talking back into the headset. "This is Miko," she said using the codename given to her by her handler, Aoi. "Slide the paperwork underneath her door. She might get to it. If there is any new information on Umashi, tell it to me and I'll relay it to her," Kaori stated in a matter-of-fact manner.

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It's okay to cry

Yomi listened to words of her young protege and while on some small level she knew that it was, Yomi could not bring herself to do it. Cry? Cry for what? Cry for her lost husband? Cry for her ruined day? Cry for her suddenly shambled life? Cry for the village? Cry for Tamashii's loss? Cry in worry for her unborn child(ren)? There was so much she should be crying for out of sadness and anger that it all cancelled everything out. She didn't know how to physically make the emotion available to her in order for her to shed those tears that Kaori spoke of.

Yomi remained seated on the floor in her undergarments as her headset rang and listened to Kaori speak on her behalf. She looked over to Kaori as she told Tamashii to slide the documents under the door. In this moment, Kaori reminded her much of Michi and Ko. How they longed to please, appease, and protect Yomi much how the Priestess was doing now. The Goddess didn't know how she ever ended up so lucky to have people in her life that would go the extra mile just for her. And like Michi, Ko, and Asuka, Yomi probably didn't deserve Kaori either.

But this was life, this was ninja life. Things were never promised to those apart of this life. Not life, time, or love. And even though Yomi never considered herself a ninja, or even a medic, what she did consider herself, was an assassin. What would Yomi the Assassin do in this situation? What would Yomi the Supreme Goddess do in this situation? Certainly not let a little girl take pity on her and handle her affairs. This was a call to action, and like the days past when her world did not make safe spaces for her to feel she would approach this issue like she knew she could and had to.

"It's okay Kaori, let him come in. Please help Asuka remove the decorations from the Hokage's office. Then, please have Tsukasa Mikasa and Haku Yuki of the ANBU Branch, brought to me once the decorations are removed. Finally, have Besito see if he can sniff out my husband. I would feel better knowing that he's doing it as well. He understands what you say, he just cannot speak." Her tone, still even, yet firm. She didn't move from the floor or bother to get dressed.

"Tamashii, you may enter." She would wait until he entered and Kaori left before she would begin.

"What's the report?"

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Only a smirk would proceed to leave his lips as he would nod before opening the door to the sound of Yomi's voice. Looking to Kaori he would briefly speak, "I remember teaching you in the academy. So if you would please, know your rank. I am a man tho only answers to the Hokage." nodding he would sigh a bit before laying the paperwork on the desk for her to sign. "Its silent... but the uproar with the elders of the clans seem to be on high alert because of their ties to Umashi, so there is just some paper work in regards to that as well as loose ends dealing with property and control. Finally the constitute from which all Hokage sign.", nodding he would spread them out a bit before huffing and harkening back to pinch the bridge of his nose.

"They are currently looking for any chakra sensory people to track Umashi's Chakra. However, the main report from my intel squad is that... there was a large bird of black flames... that devoured the area where Umashi was located before he vanished. Speculation would lead us to believe the Uchiha Clan had some hand in this. I recall an Uchiha of full blood could warp space and time on a single point... As well as shape the chakra of their flames in Amaterasu. So this is not off the deep end to say... but its too early to fully commit to such an accusation..." nodding he would await more from Yomi, this was going to be quite the development. However, he didnt want to rush into anything. He wanted to do a bit more investigations before this would come about.

"So, what do you think?"

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaori looked towards Yomi for a moment, taking a second to breathe in through her nostrils and out through her mouth. Her attention returned to the door before opening it for the Sennin who instantly pulled rank. She had a few select words for the man as he came in and chastised her about her actions. Everything she did up to this point was for Yomi's sake and everything she did got completely dashed. He had to bring old news to the table. "Yeah, big help you were in the Crater City mission," Kaori said as she fled back to Yomi's headset, snatched it off of the table and walked outside of the room, closing the door behind her.

She tuned the frequency to what she believed to be an open frequency. She wasn't privy to the ANBU frequency and just recently learned the medical frequency. After setting it to all stations, Kaori spoke into the microphone.

"Addressing all stations, this is Tenkawa Kaori on behalf of Yomi. This is a recall for Tsukasa Mikasa and Haku Yuki to appear in Yomi's office. I repeat, Tsukasa Mikasa and Haku Yuki, report to Yomi's office, your presence is required," Kaori said before turning off the mic and letting it drop to the floor. She was hurt by all of this. Everything she did was for Yomi and everything was completely stopped. No, she can't question herself or why she does these kind of things. Yomi is under a stressful situation and she really needed Kaori by her side.

Frustration started to get the better of her as she removed the pink bonnet upon the top of her head, dropping it down next to the downed headset and stormed off. She wasn't in a pleasant mood and just her very company there felt like a burden to these 'top dogs'. When it came down to this kind of thing, Kaori felt more like a pet to take care of then a shinobi. Certainly, things like this would be completely out of her element, but she didn't feel like she belonged here. Yes, coddle her when she needs mental and emotional support but stay out of my way whenever else.

Kaori started walking through the hallway that the Sennin and Hokage office resided with tightly balled-up fists. The look of anger and frustration easily written across her face. She was going to go to Moon with Mikasa, but these events that unfurled threw a wrench into it. No. It was best that she left on her journey soon. Her journey to Moon and to deal with the scourge that she made her clan/cult responsible for cleansing. Yes, she was over-reacting as this was the first time she felt stiffed by someone as important as Yomi.

Kaori eventually made her way outside of the office and, after a good distance from the office, shouted out. "I'm NOT your fucking pet!" she shouted out before slouching her shoulders and looking down to the ground. She hugged Yomi but she didn't reciprocate the feelings.
She told her it was okay to cry, but everything evolved into strictly business. Then Tamashii came in and nothing she did to keep her distanced from what was seemingly false information worked. She couldn't win. If she didn't have Yomi's trust as a person, she didn't really have much else in this village. It was all because of Yomi that she stood here to this day; but now Kaori is getting doubts of the reason she was still here.

Kaori looked up at the sky once more, seeing it close in on her once again. The feeling of the caged bird returning, causing anxiety to strike at Kaori.
"The sky is getting smaller..." she said before running off back towards the Shrine.

[TLUS]

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: Yuki and Mikasa requested as per Kaori’s post]

Yomi watched as Tamashii and Kaori traded words. Emotional indeed. Kaori stormed off and did half of what she was told and would only know that once she spoke to Asuka. Today was not the day for Kaori to be a spoiled brat, even if she was spoiled by Yomi’s own hand. She would have to eventually smooth things over with the girl, but for now, there were more pressing matters to attend to.

Yomi stood up and pulled a lab coat from off the coat rack before sitting down to review the papers. Taking out a pen she would dutifully sign all the things Tamashii placed before her, before listening to what was said regarding the Umashi and the Uchiha clan. Yomi found it difficult not to jump the gun at this news, but, she knew that throwing baseless accusations around would only incite a civil war.

“I would have you look into it discreetly. I would not put it past them, yet, I cannot afford to have them as an enemy based on false information. We live here with them, it’ll only get ugly should I pounce.” Yomi inhaled deeply and sighed as she absentmindedly fiddled with her engagement ring.

“I too, have a lead.” The Goddess began. “I was promoted to Medical Chief because I saved Umashi’s life. We kept it off record because…well…he almost died and I only happened to be at the right place at the right time. It was an assassination attempt during a meeting with the Daimyo and other leaders. The group that tried to do it was called, well, I cannot recall at this moment, but, I’ll have you follow that up as well.” Yomi sat back in her chair and looked up at the ceiling. She actually wanted to leave the last bit out, but, seeing as the situation was as dire as it was, she thought it was important that he knew, as she trusted him as Umashi did.

“I’ll be needing a guard, seeing as how I am with child. I never got a chance to tell Umashi. Can you see who we have readily available to take on that responsibility? I would not ask you to take on that responsibility, since, I need you here with me in your current capacity."]

Yomi continued to fiddle with her rock as she spoke in her even tone. "The news will be between you, me, and whomever we decide upon, until I can no longer hide it.” Yomi looked at him, knowing what he was probably thinking, hoping he would drop this particular topic until another time. "The only name that readily comes to mind is Yuu Kenshin."

And as it if was an after thought, Yomi piped up. "I need to recall Uchiha Takeshi." Unseen and unheard Asuka came in, and went around the office picking up the wedding dress and jewelry and any other thing that resembled a celebration. Placing on the coat rack a more office appropriate outfit than lingerie and a white lab coat, she quietly excused herself before speaking a few words in reply.

"I'll send Besito right away."

[NPC Asuka & NPC Besito Left Topic]

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Closing the door behind Kaori he would not engage in her remarks. The things he did for this country spanned a great deal of time. So he was not scorched by his younger days of lack in training. EIther way, Tama would listen to the woman. Sitting down himself as he continued to leave an ear for the woman to speak into. She was... going through alot. And the least he could do was make the transition easier on her. If Umashi was deceased, he would ensure that his seed would live on to have a prosperous life. They would want for nothing and they would have the training to be better than their father. However, the future was so far off he would not want to leave Yomi in this moment alone. So he'd refocus himself to her.

"As you wish, but I'll not be leaving your side until I know for certain you'll be able to sleep. So I'll have my informants working to see whats going on... Also, If we need chakra sensory... My Sister has the Rinnengan. I think those are the eyes that are relation to Byakugan and Sharingan. Do you think they might be able to scope out chakra in the air? Maybe track it that way.", tilting his head a bit he would take out a small red notebook, it looked worn and tattered but it had many scribbles and drawings on it. Notes of some sort. "Aye... I think those are the eyes of Paths... Or so I was told. Not much is really known about the eyes but its possible because of their relation to the Sharingan and Byakugan than they may sense the chakra the same? Who knows but its worth a shot to see if we cant find out whats possibly going on...", nodding Tama would try to think of anyway possible to bring back the Man to Yomi. He could feel what she felt. Instinctively he wanted to hug her but he felt the gesture to be inappropriate at this time. So he would wait....

"Yuu Kenshin? The Man who... runs the academy just about? You'd want him to know as well? Eh, I dont know much about the content of his character to say, but if you wish it. I'll make it so..." With that there would be a bit of silence before the others would begin entering in the building. Their conversation nicely kept under wraps for now, Tama would find out soon enough if things were on the up and up. Who knew...

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Z35ydGn.png

Chaos, nothing but as chaotic mess as the kunoichi could be found rummaging about in a single ivory cabinet searching for materials for the journey to Moon. One may even be able to conclude the drawers were bottomless, an abyss. “Where did I place my sampling sets?” she huffs in a faint taste of frustration. Scattered about were files, many in which had the containments far from the host vanilla envelope. Turning about her petite radio upon her workspace began to produce a rather static-like noise, Mikasa’s brow wrinkling in immediate response.

Wasting no time would her digits begin to turn the dial, ‘R-all Mika-‘, unable to hear the initial broadcast; though she continues to fiddle with the old fashion device, ‘Tsu - . . . Mikasa and Haku Yuki to appear in Yomi’s office.’ Turning about the kunoichi stares blankly at the wall, then down towards the mess lying about her office, a tough choice would have to be made. Crossing her arms, the woman begins to weigh the pros and cons of not immediately arriving, versus finishing her current task of locating the sampling set. The maiden’s eyes close, unable to choose properly.

After a few moments pass, her kaleidoscope hues fix against the plain wall, “You know what would go great here?” she pauses, a grin appearing on her features, “A window to the courtyard.” her head nodding as she speaks. Hastily the woman begins to take measurements, nearly forgetting the urgent message broadcast, though in the back of her mind she had a singular thought, “Who is Haku Yuki?” Then again, who was Tsukasa Mikasa?

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Arriving on the scene.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

bINVQdP.png

Delicately her digits course the stray wrinkles littering her attire, spectacles nestling gently upon the bridge of her nose. One may be able to hear her inhale, despite the door separating the awaiting party. A few knocks to signify her arrival would suffice, Mikasa allowing herself to enter without a response, respectfully lowering her head, assuming only Yomi and whoever this Haku Yuki may be to be waiting. Much to her surprise she was in for a treat an additional figure or two were to be there.

Ocean blue orbs trail between each figure, momentarily halting upon Tamashii. “I apologize for my delay, I hope you were not waiting long.” she speaks in a delicate tone, a hand streams through her platinum mane. Was it appropriate to introduce herself? The air was quite thick, full of tension. Deciding to break the ice she extends her single gloved hand towards Tamashii, “Tsukasa Mikasa, pleasure.” she addresses, before pausing, “I assume you are not Haku Yuki, based on your gender. Correct? she inquires gently.

Hopefully this wasn't about poisoning the students . . . .​

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The female stood in the office surrounded by paperwork, her hands reached around her head untying the black ribbon that kept her mask in place over her face. She enjoyed feeling of the breeze on her freshly reviled skin, the feeling short lived by the sound of her name being called over the radio that sat on the desk in front of her. Sighing Yuki picked her mask back up and secured it back over her face before turning back to leave the office, the voice sounded vaguely familiar to her or at least it reminded her of a student that she once taught a while ago now.
“Oh well. No rest of the wicked I guess,” She muttered to herself as she left the office.

Yuki made her way to the location or the summons, weird that Yomi wanted to see her, what was weirder is why didn’t she just didn’t call for her herself, then again, she wasn’t exactly familiar with the women. The little that she knew of Yomi was the second-hand information that she has given by Takeshi and Yukio, she knew that the women were the Sennin of the Medical Branch but why would the Med Sennin want her.
“Damn!” The Haku’s mind began to race with the possibilities that something horrible had happened to Takeshi, with him being so far away anything could have happened, it didn’t take long for her gentle pace to turned into a run.

Running passed the guards that were lined around the parameter of the Hokage Mansion she entered the impressive sized building, she had seen it before but never seen it this close. She run up the stairs her eyes scanning the door as she passed, she stopped briefly as she read his name on the door and place her hand on the woodwork allowing fingers to trace the outline of his name, this was the closet she had been to Takeshi in weeks. Yuki calmed herself down and walked through the corridor spotting Yomi’s name plate, guessing that was where she was needed. She opened the door and walked in seeing the Yomi was holding quite the party with the amount of people that were stood around.
“Sorry for the delay I was just coming off duty when I got your message” Yuki bowed as a mark of respect, after all manners cost nothing. “How can I be of assistance Lady Yomi?”

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[ooc: For continuity purposes, this topic takes place after Yuki has been named Captain.]

Before Yuki arrived, Yomi had recalled the name of the group of assassins that Umashi had mentioned. She jotted the name down on a piece of paper and slid it to Tamashii so he had all the information she had.

Assassins: Black Scorpions

After all the pleasantries were exchanged between everyone, the newly appointed Hokage got right down to business.

“As you all should be aware there was an attack at the gates about 10 hours ago. Reports are saying a big bird made of black flames was the aggressor. The Hokage…Umashi, went to neutralize the threat. Both he and the beast have since disappeared without a trace.” Yomi rubbed her temples before she continued.

“Tamashii has informed me that the law states that I am the New Hokage until we sort this all out. ” Yomi’s fixed her lab-coat to make sure it didn’t reveal that she was not wearing anything underneath.

“I want to make it clear that Umashi is only missing. Anyone saying or hinting at otherwise will be committing high treason. Make sure you instill that with your teams.” Yomi was not about to have people running around saying that her husband was dead until she deemed all leads to be dead-ends.

“Mikasa, you’re in charge of my branch until further notice. I failed to name a Medical Chief and it seems that circumstances need me to make that choice right now. With that being said, anyone that can be spared from the hospital is required to work in conjunction with the Main Branch on this. I want everyone we have out looking for Umashi or this hell bird.” Yomi then looked to Yuki.

“I’ve already sent word to Takeshi, I expect him back as soon as possible. In the interim, I expect you to mobilize the ANBU and look at this from every possible angle to find Umashi. Sleep is forbidden until I have answers. Tamashii has suggested the use of those who can sense or see chakra. Whoever you have for that, I expect them to be on this as well, even if they are in training.”

Yomi looked at both the women before she finished. “Unless there are any questions you both are now dismissed. I need to prepare a statement for the village which should give you both enough time to get your teams situated.” The Goddess was on auto-pilot as she gave out her orders. It was easier to block the feelings of loss and rage when people were expecting so much from her. It was reminiscent of the old days in which she was forced to be this way. So now it was easy for her to slide back into an old role, however, it was terrible day for her to have to do it.

[ooc: Mikasa Med-Chief Banner Given as of this post]

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
bINVQdP.png

Attentively the medical kunoichi stood silently, processing the information Yomi had been given. The thought of the Hokage going missing was certainly a top priority, aiding to explain the bizarre situation of the fowl creature poisoning the skies in recent events. The orders from the temporary Hokage were given, strict and firm – never the least crystal clear. To fathom that branch authority would be given to the maiden was certainly perplexing, not that she didn’t wish for the opportunity to prove her worth. Never the least this was neither the time nor the place to showcase doubt, her azure gaze trailing over to Haku Yuki, exchanging a glance against the mask.

Umashi had last been seen hurtling through the air, coming into direct contact with the creature in a competition of strength. Surely, this was the ideal location to investigate, despite the difficulties of in scaling the skyways. “Certainly, as you wish.” she murmurs in a delicate tone. “I’ll gather a team to investigate the scene and report back with any information I obtain.” she further iterates, turning about on her left heel to peer against the mask hiding the kunioichi behind the mask, “Let us collaborate to the fullest with one another.” she addresses, extending her hand outwards, hoping this was indeed Haku Yuki; otherwise this would be quite an embarrassing scene in such a tense atmosphere.

“Ma’am.” she bows respectfully to the superior, a nod of respect would then be given towards Tamashii. Swiftly as the maiden entered the conference-like room, would she depart, quietly closing the door behind her. A deep sigh of relief escapes her lips, a mound of tension releasing its clutches upon her frame and in the same instance another being constructed in its place.

“First thing is first, I can build that window in my office now.” she gingerly comments, strolling out of the building; despite being playful, Mikasa planned on taking her duties quite seriously.

[OOC: TLUS]

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Yuki nodded at Yomi’s orders, everything about this whole situation didn’t sit right with the Haku and she couldn’t put her finger an exactly what it was. She pushed the thoughts from her mind knowing that she would need to focus on the task at hand rather than focusing on worry about the how’s and whys of his disappearance.

“Lady Yomi you have my word that me and my branch will do all we can to help recover the Hokage” She bowed again and turned to leave seeing no reason to stay. On her way out she was stopped by the other female in the room other than Yomi, the newly appointed Med-chief Tsukasa Mikasa. She held her out to the female with the offer of the branches working together, Yuki was not one to pass up an olive leave when it is offered took her hand and shook it. “I couldn’t think of anything better than our two branches working together, there had been a divide for too long between the branch's,” Feeling happy that there was finally being bridges built between the branches she left ready to address the ANBU.

[Topic left]

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sitting alone in the meeting room with Yomi, Tama would smirk to himself, this would not be the greatest of times to get into personal dealings but he would have to bring it up one way or another. After the ladies had greeted him and left so swiftly to begin running the village as it should be, he would turn to Yomi with a smile. "You have my word. With eveery ounce of effrt that I can muster... I'll get you to smile again.", nodding he would roll his shoulders before standing to his feet and crossing his arms over one another. This was going to be the moment he needed to become the man that Umashi could not be in her time of need. Maybe he'd even get her to dance again. Who knew...

"I'm not leaving until I feel comfortable, added I'm not going to allow you to venture anywhere alone. Got me? Dont you go wandering off without notifying me. Else you'll have some issues on your hands..." keeping it simple he would smile again before finally finishing, "Do you want something to eat?" He'd keep it simple, small talk... but try to keep her energy up. He had to keep her focused in this time. He'd worked with Umashi for years... known him for some time and he knew what it took to prepare Kages for their tasks.

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yomi looked at Tamashii in the way a woman looks at a man who just kept talking mess. That is to say, it was just a blank stare. His intentions were pure and she did not believe what he said was a lie, however, she could not muster more than that look she gave him. For now, he’d just have to accept her in her sour affect until his attempts at sweetening her up worked; If he could manage that feat. Bringing her husband to her would certainly do the trick.

The conversation turned to that of food, like most would when a person found out another was pregnant. For Yomi, the mere mention of food made her want to vomit. Her nerves were bad today and her stomach was doing triple pikes with no indication of stopping. Food would only make it worse but she would not let the gesture go unnoticed.

“No, perhaps later though.” She replied holding her lab coat taut.

She eyed her headset on the table, not realizing that Kaori snatched it off the table and dropped it off on the ground only to have Asuka stealthily place it back in its appropriate place. Fiddling with it she used the appropriate channel to call for Kenshin. While it was true what Tamashii said, that he kept to himself and dealt with the Academy Students, she bet he would be interested in helping to preserve the future generation of students that she currently carried.

“Yuu Kenshin, please report to the Medical Sennin’s Office immediately. It is urgent.” She would repeat this twice. Normally they wouldn’t cross paths, but, she would hope that he would know that she was indeed in need of him, due to the rarity in which they worked together.

Looking at Tamashii she had half a mind to ask him if this was some sort of elaborate Genjutsu.

Once Kenshin arrived she would get him up to speed on the situation, letting him know about the disappearance of Umashi, the black fire bird, and how she was now currently the Hokage until everything got sorted out and Umashi was found. She would then steer the conversation to the reason why she called him in the first place.

"I know that this might not be what you expected, but, given the fact that Umashi has disappeared and the ANBU Sennin is out of the country, I have a need for you to be officially instated as a Kage Guard. I would not ask you if the circumstances were different, but, confidentially speaking I am with child. Until we know more about what happened to Umashi, I cannot take any chances, and I will not leave the village Kage-less in as many days for being lax. As far as I am concerned, being lax is what got us here in the first place...." Yomi would stop there before she went on an entire rant. She was sure Kenshin had questions, concerns, or perhaps even a want to refuse. She would hear whatever he had to say now.

[OOC: Requesting Kenshin]

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin had just finished teaching a class when he received a call from the Medical Sennin. Kenshin visibly shuttered. Medical shinobi. A name and a face came to mind. Yomi. That had been a long while ago. Last they were in the same room, Umashi had called them together. Kenshin stayed far away from medical ninja. He preferred to heal on his own after those medical scum... He shook himself mentally. That was then. This is now. A fellow Sennin calling for him. Twice.

Kenshin rushed his way towards the designated office. Today's attire was a teachers. Business casual as far as shinobi are concerned. No official military apparel but professional enough that people let him path with little questioning. He made his way to the office and was graced by the presence of Yomi and company. Name and faces came to mind but the Sennin was more important now.

"You called for me?" he asked neutrally.

And then the explanation happened. And Kenshin felt the world shift beneath his feat a little. Umashi missing presumed dead, a black fire bird presumably Uchiha, and a new Hokage. Sennin no longer it seemed. And a Kage guard... what....

Kenshin felt many things and for a solid minute he was silent. Rage, sadness, urgency, hope, thankfulness swirled around until it all became one. What did this mean? How did this happen? Well Kenshin heard how but why? Why now? After so long of a peace something had shattered it as easily as dropping a mirror from your hand.

With as much steadiness as he could control, he would bow slightly and his voice was eerily calm

"My lady, I would be honored to protect you and lay down my life for you. However, I promised the same to Uma... Umashi... and yet... he is...."Kenshin paused again and looked hopelessly forward, eyes blank.

He had been drilled time and time again to follow chain of command and to simply deal with situations as they came. He excelled at that. But this.... This was something different.

"So you do not want me to search for him." He stated. No question about that order. "Understandable. Although I am a good tracker,
I am sure others are more skilled than I. I... is there more you wished to say?
He asked, lost for words. This was a lot to take in and Kenshin could only do so much.

But should Umashi have fallen by the hand of an enemy, Kenshin swore that he would kill them should they show their face again. Uchiha or otherwise.

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yomi looked at Kenshin a hint of sadness flickered in her eyes as she knew better than he could imagine the agony of being still when you wanted to be on the move. It was not an order she gave lightly, but, it was for the stability of the village that she kept him at her side until she and everyone else knew more. She would have to level with him, for him to understand that he stakes were just as high for her as they were for him – to be honest, they were much higher…

“Kenshin as you sit before me with the weight of the order I just gave, knowing that you pledged in oath to Umashi, I to was set to pledge an oath. Today Umashi and I were supposed to exchange vows, and have a wedding ceremony. Do not think that I take what I ask of you lightly. It is what I must do myself; sit here and wait for my husband to be found.”

Yomi grit her teeth as she turned away from Kenshin as she looked towards Tamashii, the beacon of calmness.

“Besides us in this room…” Yomi made a circular motion with her finger as she turned back to look at Kenshin. “…the only other people that know that are my family and of course, Umashi.”

“I do not plan to abscond from the village, but, as I said you are Kage Guard. Any official meetings that I must attend, you will also be required to attend. Any public thing I have to do outside of these four walls, you will be required to attend. I do not yet know what enemies are lying in wait so I do not think it is presumptuous of me to require a Guard. When the ANBU Sennin returns we shall then reassess the assignment.”

The woman sighed. The day only just started and she had so much more ahead of her. "I will have to give a public address before the day is over. I shall be here until that time. If you need a moment to gather your thoughts, that is fine. Tamashii will be with me until that time. However, If there is nothing more, you are dismissed." Quite frankly she wished the address would write itself and she didn't have to give it. There were so many things going through her head, and not one of them were pleasant. Fuck this entire scenario.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back