Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open The Dark Things...

Orochi Sakura

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆ ☆
OROCHI SAKURA

Appearance said:
1689529607629.png
Black Hair, Athletic (surprisingly), Slim

Sakura has long black hair that she wears in pigtails. Her bangs hang low but high enough not to obscure her cold dark gaze. Her poker face is solid, and she is very hard to read as she leaves little clues as to what she is actually thinking or feeling. This is also true of her posture. She stands straight and solid with her arms crossed to create a natural barrier between her and the world. Her nose slightly tilted upward as she gazes downward despite being shorter than most. The quadruple mixture of a dismissive demeanor, austere gaze, dismal attire, and woeful aura, projects a narrative that she is the grinch that stole sun rise. She is thin and pale in complexion. Shes wearing a long-sleeved black blazar which matches a black tie fastened around her white collared dress shirt. A matching long black dress hangs low to cover most of her pitch-black spiked metal boots.
There were only a few ways to spend one's evenings in such a dull village. You could lock yourself away in your room. Spend your days sheltered in a dungeon of your own making, basking in solitude. A personal favorite I might add. Alternatively, you could seek refuge in the wonderous tomb for dusted tales waiting to be explored. Thousands of books untouched and unexplored. Like virgins awaiting the ceremonial knife to pierce their hearts, these books waited with anxiety for a reader who'd choose them for glorious purpose. Or so I'd imagine. The library, always so quaint. I enjoy the restriction on socialization. It reduced all social interaction to a dull whisper. As far as dungeons go, it made for a close second in perfectional adequacy. The dim lights, the stillness and emptiness, the smell of dust and ancient text. It was intoxicating. I made my way through the hallways with nothing but the sound of my own boots tapping the marble. Unfortunately, I was here on business. I had gotten wind of a strange occurrence with stranger rumors and alleged sightings. Citizens were being taken by a creature of the night and for once, I had an alibi. I had a vested interest in the matter. I was bored and rarely did something interesting occur in this village. These claims of a creature stalking villagers in the night were indeed bizarre but that did not mean they were far from the truth. I gathered lore books on all the mythical creatures native to the lightning region. Surprisingly, monstrous creatures were only fabled to the citizens kept ignorant. It would seem that these rumors were in fact testimony.

[mft]

Ryuu Sumika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆
The library, originally this place would have meant absolutely nothing to Sumika, unfortunately one of the many flaws to being born blind prevents you from the ability to read on your own, hell trying to pick out a book would already be enough of a problem. Yet with her latent genetics suppressing hers that had previously been assigned at birth, she had practically been introduced to a whole new world. She felt as if her body wasn't even hers, things were quiet everything was so much harder to hear, and she unfortunately learnt way too fast how bright the sun is. Her struggle to fit inside of her own skin led the Ryuu to the library, Remiko had taken the time out of her day to kindly lead her there as trying to navigate a map with her newly awakened eyesight would prove too hard for the young girl, the walk allowed her to get more of a feel for what the world she lives in truly looks like, everything was truly quite fascinating yet she'd draw much closer to objects which were dim and darker. It gave her a sense of familiarity which she still was adjusting to the fact she'd see the world in a whole new light.

Sumika took studying far more seriously than the average student and was informed by her personal butler that this would be the best place to learn about all sorts of jutsu, techniques and things to take in to consideration as a shinobi. Even getting one answer wrong would cause small veins to begin to become visible on her fingers, it was a horrible sensation one that felt almost otherworldly. The atmosphere of the library was one which gave her a calm feeling, not too bright yet she things were still visible, it was naturally quiet so she didn't have to put much effort in to hearing anything. With Remiko bidding her adieu it allowed time to herself, having brought a small notebook sorted comfortably inside of her handbag she strolled gracefully throughout the many shelves which would loom above. Whilst she was tall for her age she still was a child, in her search for books on genjutsu, she had stumbled in to a section which focused on mythical creatures, reaching towards a certain book her hand would softly land atop another's. Carefully bringing her hand back to her side she would speak "My apologies, I am interested in this book. Would you mind if I take a look?" The girl before her was certainly easy on the eyes for the student, dressed completely in black and with a pale skin tone, it made it quite easy for Sumika to rest her amber eyes on her as she examined the dark stranger.

Orochi Sakura

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆ ☆
1691096968320.jpeg
The hand that touched mine quickly scurried back. “Hello,” said the spider to the fly. My eyes still narrowed to where the hand was before. My dark gaze slowly lifted to meet that of the visitor. She was interested in the book in my possession. I couldn’t figure out what was more strange. The fact that seemingly didn’t notice me before the book, or the fact that her choice in literature was of goblins and ghouls. As if I were one to judge the ladder. And I suppose, in regard to the former, when considering a dark dingy place like this, I seemed as accessory to the room. “Sure. I was actually looking for the ritual book on human sacrifice in order to gain immortality. Sadly, this isn’t it.” Handing her the book, I would leave the page open from where I left off. It was about a creature called kappa. A water based youkai that lured victims into the water before drowning them. Often, small children. What a perfectly good waste of a meal. My eye contact would not break from hers even after handing her the book. They say that the eyes were the windows to the soul. I often liked to imagine that it were true. So I would make uncomfortably long gazes to get a glimpse of who they were. Often, they were walking nobodies. However, there was something interesting about this one’s eyes. They seemed cloudy. Much like her judgment in associating with me. “What makes you interested in this particular piece of literature? Are you hunting ghouls and goblins too?”

[mft]

Ryuu Sumika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆
Sumika had yet to take her eyes off of the book, calmly bringing it in to her grasp she was intrigued by what the other girl had said. "Immortality... I heard about that in class I think, we were taking a look at some literature to do with gods." She smiled whilst looking at the illustration beside the description and lore of the creature, it was clear to tell that she was somewhat fixated on it's design. Bringing her head up to gaze once again at her friendly acquaintance she appeared to be giving her a long look, Sumika hadn't been in many conversations with her newly instated eyesight, so she wasn't really aware of many customs. The one before her looked older so she figured that she was likely more wise and knowledgeable, taking her lead she wouldn't blink as she looked deep in to their eyes.

In an attempt to not appear rude she focused all of her concentration on maintaining eye contact with the pale slender female, keeping her smile she'd engage in conversation with a calm respectful tone. "Hunting? I couldn't hunt something so cute. Look at it's little beak. You know when I heard about all these supposedly legendary gods in class, I only really wanted to hear more about the mythical creatures that briefly featured in their origins." Averting her gaze for just a moment, she flipped through the book in search of one which she truly found the most interesting "J... j... here it is." Quickly joining the stranger at her side she would gently stand aside her, having the book open wide on a page titled Jorogumo, detailing about a certain Youkai who's form was that of a woman with the lower body of a spider. "This one is my favourite, I can't wait to read about it, doesn't it look beautiful." Pointing towards it's arachnid legs, she'd say with a childlike passion.

Orochi Sakura

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆ ☆
darkone9061_19_year_old_Wednesday_Addams_sitting_at_a_table_wit_e85cdb7f-b5b2-4f6e-867a-00bbcf...png
I observed this girl’s unwavering attention to the book, I couldn't help but be intrigued by her peculiar fixation, akin to my own. The ever-diligent observer of the written word, lost in the enchanting world of immortality and gods. How riveting it must be to delve into the annals of scholarly pursuits, where the answers to life's profound mysteries are surely hidden amongst the musty pages. Immortality, the stuff of legends and gods, seemed to have her captivated. She gazed at the illustrations and descriptions with a focus bordering on obsession. It was as if the secrets of eternity were contained within those pages, waiting to be unearthed by her inquisitive mind. Not likely. A smile graces her lips, as if the very concept of everlasting existence tickles her fancy. And let's not forget those beguiling illustrations, a visual feast for her discerning eyes.

Her head lifted, meeting my gaze with a determination that suggested she was ready to venture into unfamiliar conversational waters. The intensity of her gaze was palpable, as if she were trying to decipher the deepest mysteries hidden within my very being. Newly instated eyesight or not, her dedication to eye-to-eye contact is commendable, if not mildly unsettling. A gaze that bores into the very soul, surely enough to unsettle even the most confident of conversationalists. But I, the recluse of the shadows, can't help but appreciate the audacity.

With a measured tone, she addressed me, steering the conversation toward a topic I had never expected: hunting the cutest. I suppressed a chuckle at her reasoning for not pursuing the adorable. Her argument about the creature's cuteness somehow being a deterrent to its demise was a curious twist. The dilemma she presents, hunting something so "cute," as if the brutal cycle of survival has the time or inclination to consult cuteness as a criterion. How splendid it must be to possess such luxury, to ponder the moral intricacies of the wild, while the world continues to turn with its cruel indifference. ”Sure. This creature's design, is the epitome of elegance and aesthetic perfection,” My voice resonated with a calm yet eerie tone, my words tinged with a hint of irony, perhaps even veiled amusement at the absurdity of it all.

As her gaze shifted momentarily, I couldn't help but wonder what sparked her curiosity to flip through the pages of this book. Her peculiar fascination lies with the peripheral, the peripheral beings that flit on the outskirts of divine dramas, like the supporting cast in a tragedy gone awry. To seek the shadows of the shadows, the footnotes of mythologies long forgotten. How charmingly eccentric.
Then, her excitement was palpable as she located a specific page – Jorogumo, the pièce de résistance – a being with the visage of a woman and the lower body of a spider. A peculiar choice of admiration. The fervor in her voice, as she praises the creature's aesthetics with childlike fervency, is nothing short of captivating. A passion for the macabre, the monstrous, it's a sentiment I can wholeheartedly relate to. For within the darkness, within the grotesque, there lies a beauty that only the discerning eyes can perceive.

It struck me that she was an enigma of her own making. Unconventional, unapologetically herself, she embraced the dark and unusual with the same fervor that others might reserve for sunshine and rainbows. In the midst of her peculiar interests, she challenged societal norms and the mundane. In the grand tapestry of existence, she is a thread woven with a sardonic needle, a brushstroke of eccentricity amidst the boring. As I observe her peculiarities from the shadow of my bangs, I can't help but admire the audacity of one so willing to embrace the unusual. While the world frolics in the sunlight, I remain content to watch, to contemplate, and perhaps to share a quiet chuckle with her as we revel in the absurdity that life so generously offers. Except, that I don’t chuckle.

However, in her presence, I couldn't help but be reminded of the delicate balance between the eerie and the enchanting. It was as if she were the embodiment of Edgar Allan Poe's poetic prose and Tim Burton's fantastical worlds. A symphony of darkness and whimsy, brought to life in the form of an astute young girl.

As I pondered her unique perspective, I realized that sometimes the most fascinating conversations can emerge from the unlikeliest of topics. Immortality, cute creatures, and spider-like youkai – all threads interwoven into a tapestry of curiosity, curiosity that bound me, even for a moment, in a shared appreciation for the eccentric and the unknown.

“You have an uncanny ability to disregard social norms,” The complexities of human interaction are difficult to navigate even for me. And so, I would loosen my guard just slightly… and introduce myself, “My name is Orochi Sakura. And yes, it is quite the elegant creature. Tell me, are you an enlisted child weapon to be used on the whims of this village like me? If so, what is your rank?”

[mft]

Attachments

• darkone9061_Group_19_year_old_annoyed_Wednesday_Addams_at_a_tab_21edb55f-9e8b-4c5f-b2ea-a8191d...png
    darkone9061_Group_19_year_old_annoyed_Wednesday_Addams_at_a_tab_21edb55f-9e8b-4c5f-b2ea-a8191d...png
    1.4 MB · Views: 51
  • darkone9061_19_year_old_Wednesday_Addams_sitting_at_a_table_wit_0f6f3b28-4d0c-439b-afa7-1b50cd...png
    darkone9061_19_year_old_Wednesday_Addams_sitting_at_a_table_wit_0f6f3b28-4d0c-439b-afa7-1b50cd...png
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Ryuu Sumika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆
It there was ever a time in which she found felt the most happy since her move from the orphanage it was now. Such a refined and eloquent conversation which she was sharing with Sakura really made her happy, things felt normal for once around her. She could share her interests with someone who wasn’t a savage or brat, and the smile on her face clearly displayed how quaint she was. Something about her was soothing in away for the Ryuu, like lying under a scorching sun on the beach, prone to getting sunburnt, but the dark large parasol would keep you cool and relaxed against the beating heat.

Taking her eyes off of the creature of the night once more to lock Sakuras gaze with her own, her face would quickly shift the happy childlike expression, to one riddled with confusion. Her eyes gently widened as she placed her hand above her mouth almost as in recoil to what she has just heard. “Disregard? Oh… well. If this right here is disregarding social norms….” She’d look back down at the Jorogumo, with sheer concentration as if she was in the midst of contemplating that phrase which echoed inside of her head. ‘Social norms…’ The more she looked the less desirable the demon looked towards a common eye, razor sharp fangs ready to drain one dry at a moments notice. Powerful legs which could pierce right through a human without any sort of resistance, and the disgusting bulge of a body which would make up the true centrepiece of the design for Sumika.

She didn’t frown, yet she didn’t smile either “Then the norm is simply boring. Nothing other than that.” It was a defiant statement against anything that would possibly attempt to drown out the unknown and unwanted. The ones who longed for the night and the creatures which lurked inside were few, yet the shimmer in her eyes called out like a lone torch in a pitch black forest.

She focused again on Sakura, intrigued by her name. It was one which whilst quite not the most complicated spoke volumes for the kind of person in which she was. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Orochi, my name is Ryuu Sumika.” Again a hint of confusion struck, child weapon? For the village? Whilst she was training that was certainly not the reason why. “Child weapon, I suppose that would be the correct term. But not for the village, for my self. I’m not in the military but I do study at the academy. I’m new around here.”

Under any normal circumstances it’s unlikely she would have shared such an amount however she wanted to engage in conversation, it was more of a need than a desire. Finally a chance to be her self, no challenges, no annoyances. Just a civilised discussion amongst, peers? Friends? Acquaintances? She wasn’t sure. It didn’t matter. The only thing she knew is that she wanted another at some point, and like an itch which she’d only just been able to reach, she was going to scratch. “If it is okay to ask. Why do you wish to seek immortality?”

Orochi Sakura

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆ ☆
Nestled within the shadows of the dimly lit room, perched upon a plush, obsidian velvet chair. Its surface, caressed by the ghosts of countless souls who had once sought refuge in its eerie embrace. Danced at the corner of my lips, a grin (slightly so, not at all a smile) likely to send shivers down the spines of ordinary folk, like the delicate edge of a blade at their throats.

An unsettling transformation seemed to wash over her countenance, the cause perhaps rooted in the release of dopamine, a neurochemical response to this conversation and our esoteric exchange. Or perhaps, in the dim recesses of her psyche, she had just realized that the murder of ennui was her newfound life’s calling, commencing with this unlikely encounter. I must admit, her presence in this otherwise mundane world was a most unexpected and chilling delight, akin to a breath of chilling, tainted air in a realm smothered by the stifling embrace of mediocrity.
Her words were like the sweetest poison to my ears, a melody of discord in a world that often danced to the mundane rhythms of conformity. My dark eyes, pools of ink that seemed to absorb light, met hers as she spoke of disregarding social norms. The weight of those words hung heavy in the air, a reminder of the bleak and mundane reality that surrounded us. I nodded in agreement, my expression shifting from curiosity to a more contemplative one.

"Indeed," I purred softly, my voice a gentle caress with a hint of foreboding. "Social norms are but chains that bind the curious souls, preventing them from delving into the unknown. However, I’m not completely opposed to them. There’s some appeal in standing on ceremony. In fact, I favor the norms of stranger danger to promote social distancing. Something I’ve been accustomed to since birth."

Her assessment of the Jorogumo, the creature of the night, was both amusing and perceptive. I found her willingness to see beyond the surface, to look past the grotesque and find the allure in the darkness, rather intriguing.

With a whisper, I leaned in ever so slightly, "what appears monstrous to some is a thing of beauty to others… it’s an evolutionary mechanism, to lure in prey. I would know. It is the peculiar ones who dare to embrace the darkness that often find the most fascinating secrets, however."

Ryuu Sumika introduced herself, and I couldn't help but be drawn to her uniqueness. A child weapon, not for the village, but for herself—such an unconventional path. I leaned back in my chair, fingers lightly tapping the armrest as I considered her words.

"Ryuu Sumika," I mused, rolling the name on my tongue like a forbidden treat. "A name that carries a hint of mystery, much like your chosen path."

As she inquired about my desire for immortality, I held back a smile, a sardonic twist to my lips. Immortality, a concept that had fascinated me for as long as I could remember, for it promised endless nights of exploration and discovery.

"Why seek immortality, you ask?" I replied, my voice low and tinged with a morbid fascination. "For the same reason one might delve into the darkest corners of the unknown—because the fleeting dance of mortality is but a cruel jest, and I yearn to unravel the secrets of the night that stretch far beyond the confines of time."

I watched her closely, wondering how she would react to my words, knowing that in this eerie connection we shared, there might just be the seed of an unorthodox friendship. For in the embrace of the peculiar, one could find a bond stronger than any ordinary ties.

[mft]

Last edited:

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back