Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private The Developing Bud [Req. Asuka]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shin was working in the Chikamatsu Arboretum today, tending to the various newly planted trees and shrubs that were transplanted from the ruins of the subterranean home that they had once known. As the Overseer of his clan, it was up to Shin to make sure that this Arboretum stayed healthy so that the Yurei Orchid would one day bloom when Shin finally found his eternal rest. The various expanses of freshly placed soil would soon become the floral fields in which Shin could grow many of the necessary herbs for the Sunan Medical Branch, and as one of the Medical Chiefs within the village that responsibility also fell on his shoulders. All in all, the young man spent many of his free evenings within this glassed terrarium for both personal and professional reasoning.

Shin was using his Floral Fields secret technique to cause simple flowering ground cover to grow and stretch across the exposed compost and fresh soil to help prevent the loss of microscopic ecosystems which were needed to help sustain a healthy balances in the soil's nutrient levels. His mind would wander as he worked, seemingly going back to the woman named Uchiha Asuka that he had met no more than a couple of days ago at the village gates. Since meeting her, he often wondered if she would make her way to the Arboretum and take Shin up on his offer for a finer cup of tea than what he could conjure at the gates. While his abilities to manipulate entropy into mass, he found that the plants he gre here always yielded for a more delectable tea.

"Do you think she will come today?" She asks as he wipes the sweat off of his face using the front hem of his black shirt that housed the crest of his clan in a bright pink emblem on his back. `I am not sure why it matters, we have more important things to do than spend time with someone like her.` Kohana's voice could be heard within Shin's mind as the twins' souls shared the single body.

"I know, I know, but there's something about her... She doesn't seem like most of the Shinobi we have met, she seems to care more about life than just how well of a sharpened blade she can be for her village, despite being the Fifth Hokage."

`That may be so, but you just said it yourself. She is the Fifth Hokage, she doesn't have time to waste if she is here, and we have a lot of time to make up for due to our travels. Have you forgotten the drastic decline the Arboretum has had since our departure? We no longer have anything here over the age of five years old due to the complexity of the transplants needed to be done. And since I still have yet to receive my body, my wood release abilities are still locked behind your inexperience with ninjutsu.`

Shin laughed, "Yes, but how often has my Genjutsu saved us? And look at me know! I can conjure more than just you into reality now, so maybe cut me some slack?" As he spoke he would once again grab the shovel he was wielding to continue to dig into the soul to plant the next sapling. While he could easily using his Earth Style Ninjutsu, he preferred caring for this sacred place the old fashioned way with hard labor that culminates in blood, sweat, and tears.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
It had taken her a while to get to the Arboretum. Standing at the entrance she simply looked up. She had taken her time looking around the village, eating different kinds of new food. Just enjoying her time in a new place. At least, that is what she would like to say. In reality she got lost more than a couple of times and simply stumbled upon interesting places. Although that could be said it was some sort of exploration which in the end was beneficial. But now she was here. Taking Shin's offer of visiting this... apparently... place.

Walking into the Arboretum Asuka's mouth went wide, she wasn't expecting this much variety. She could see planta from lighting country, earth, wind. Big trees, some plants. She even could see a couple of plants that made some wonderful tea. She gave a slight giggle as she walked forward, turning around just enjoying the view. "Who would've thought." She said out loud. "The biggest collection of vegetation from around the world... in the desert. I need to step up my game."

Stopping for a few moments she took a deep breath. Looking around for his host. It took a few minutes but she finally found him. "I'm not easily impressed you know." She said, walking over to him with a warm smile. "Consider me very impressed."

[Topic Entered]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Acting slightly startled, the young man would turn and look over to Asuka who had just given him a compliment. "Thank you very much! This isn't the original Arboretum, that one is down in the ruins and has trees over three hundred years old growing within, but with the movement to the surface we needed to start a new one." He looked around at all of the young trees and herbs he had been working on transplanting and planting over the last few weeks. With the help of the rest of the clan, this Arboretum was looking quite nice for how new it still was. His cheeks shifted to a slight pink hue as he realized, here he was talking to a Kage while covered in filth and dirt. Letting out a few nervous chuckles he continued. "As you can probably tell, I've been working in the gardens today, so I must apologize for my appearance." He took a few steps away from the recently tilled soil to place the shovel down. He would slap his hands across his thighs to knock some of the dirt away from his arms and legs.

Making a handseal the recently turned soil would begin to sprout with various flowering plants and shrubs that were native to the Land of Fire. each of the plants would grow to a years height over the course of a few seconds. "My Floral Fields technique always helps the young seeds sprout much quicker." He smiled and approached Asuka. "Would you like a tour?"

CRPJ's Effect: Summons forth a field, size depending on the strength and the amount of chakra emitted, of small plants, normally flowers or small flowering cacti but can include shrubbery or young trees

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"The work speaks for itself." She said, giving a smile at the man. "It would be pretty ignorant of myself too not recognize the hard work that's gone into this place." The Arboretum was someplace she could live in. It was somewhere where ambient itself was filled with peace. It couldn't make her stop smiling.

Asuka giggled as soon as Shin talked about his appearance. It was funny that such a successful person would be worried about they way he looked. Especially to a stranger like her in his own home. The concept was a bit foreign to her. As the soil sprouted different kind of flowers Asuka gasped in amazement. "I recognize them!" She clapped a couple of hands in excitement as she looked at him. Looking at the flowers for a few moments before she looked at him. Stretching her hand into the air it vanished, transported somewhere. "There's no reason to be ashamed about being dirty you know." Once she pulled back her hand, a beautiful light prink rose appeared on her hand.

Sweet%20Juliet%20(Ausleap)Optimized.webp

Getting on her knees, her fancy kimono scraping on the newely developed dirt she used her hand to gently start to plant the rose. Clearly experienced. The rose was a rare flower from the fire country. Known to be reliable, disease resistant and delightfully fragrant. "All of the biggest lessons in life are learned by getting dirty, working on the dirt. Being covered just shows your newly gained experience. Hopefully making you a better person." She planted the flower, covering the spot with dirt. "Consider this flower my gift to you." She giggled standing up, cleaning her hands off she grabbed Shin's arm with a smile. "I would love a tour."

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shin would smile as the Lady Hokage would speak and plant a beautiful rose. As she stood Shin would swirl his finger, pointing at the flower, causing a small green ribbon to tie itself into a bow at it's base. "It's beautiful, but then again as are most things from the Land of Fire." As he spoke he would grin softly at the esteemed guest extending his arm for her to grab.

As they began to walk Shin would point out some of the plants in the most accessible locations and briefly touch on their medicinal properties, as he didn't know if Lady Asuka was versed in the medicinal arts and did not want to turn this casual stroll into a lecture. As they continued Shin would speak on the various parts of the Arboretum being climate controlled in order to house a variety of plants from the world's major land biomes which include tropical rain forest, tropical dry forest, tropical savanna, desert, temperate grassland, temperate woodland and shrubland, temperate forest, coniferous forest, boreal forest, and tundra.

"Aside from growing and cultivating medicinal and culinary herbs, we also strive to sustain tradition within our Arboretum. Not in the sense that we must follow the old ways, but to acknowledge them and learn from them." He stopped near a small bonzai display. "Often times, if we can look at how and why things were done we can learn from the mistakes of our ancestors to better understand ourselves. Afterall, that is one of the great gifts I have received as the Overseer of the Chikamatsu Clan." As he spoke he showed that seal on the back of his neck which appeared to be a six petaled flower though only two of the petals were colored in, on blue and one grey.

"Community and perspective are always changing, even simple things can become complicated if we allow them to. For example, within the few weeks I have been back from my travels I have become the father of two strong spirited girls who appear to have a rivalry already forming within their time in the academy." He chuckled. "But as long as their relationship starts off better than I had with my Sister then we will be okay." He approached a bench within the arboretum and gestures to take a seat.

"So, tell me a bit about yourself. I can't say I am too familiar with the shinobi of Konoha, but perhaps after meeting you I should revisit that obvious flaw of mine."

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
“And also quite the flirt apparently.” Asuka giggled as she followed shin through the place.

She listened closely as he explain some of the plants, even their medical properties. She had a basic understanding on the medical field, could cure the basic things but it was always nice to hear something new. She was mostly impressed by the climate control system they had in place. Asking numerous questions about how the system worked, what kind of energy did it use, how it was maintained. More than anything she was mostly impressed by the complexity of It all.

“Overseer” She giggled, shaking her head slightly. “Such a fancy title.” Looking over his tattoo she studied it closely. Remembering the shape, what petals were filled in. “If you’re not following them then I wouldn’t call them traditions. They’re just lessons from the past in which term I do agree with you. Although by doing that you’re making yourself better. Not understanding. Our ancestors understood themselves and still made those mistakes. We just have to look forward.”

“Things can change very quickly. Congratulations on your new family. They sound lovely. Reminds me of my daughter. Liked to cause trouble for her mother every time she could.”
She took a deep breath, slowly letting the air out. ”Pain in the ass if I’m being honest, but that attitude made her go to great heights.” She looked over at him with a smile “Piece of advice, don’t overthink it. Enjoy your time cause the one thing we can’t do is turn back time... probably my only regret… but oh well.”

”About me? Oh I’m nothing special.”
She giggled “Born in a small village bordering Lightning country. Grew up in Konohagakure. Became a Kunoichi… well… a Shinobi would be more accurate. Was never that much of a lady. Hmm… and well. That’s the basic stuff. I wouldn’t really be able to give you a fair review of the Konoha Shinobi. I’m in a bit of a rough patch with them at the moment. What about you? You told me you travelled and stuff?”

Last edited:

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
”I suppose it is, but honestly it makes sense. I don’t lead anyone, I watch over my clan as if they are the plants within my Arboretum. I make sure each of them get the support and resources they need to blossom. I don’t expect any of them to do as I say, simply grow into who they are meant to be.“

He smiled as Asuka spoke of her daughter. ”I am excited to get to know them and watch them grow into the wonderful women I know they will be.“ As they approached the hanging blossoms of a mountain tree from the Land of Lightning Shin would open his arms and manifest a table and a couple of chairs made of twisting bronze that took the form of vines and leaves. On the table rests a white satin table cloth embroidered with his clan’s crest. Atop of the cloth, in the center of the flower, rests a copper tea kettle and a pair of matching porcelain cup and saucers.

”It’s hard to believe that someone with the title of `Hokage` is nothing special.“ He chuckled slightly. ”Would you like a cup of tea? You’re free to use any herbs within our Aboretum. I guess you could say the same for me. I was born here in Sunagakure, spent much childhood nurturing the Yurei Orchid of my Clan and when the past Overseer passed from this life the orchid chose me to take it upon myself granting me the title. I have a few potential replacements for when the wheel of life continues to turn and I must step aside. Aside from that my sister and I did travel for a few years looking to expand the roster of plants within our Arboretum.“

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"You're confusing being a boss than a leader. What you just describes is being a leader and what all those with power should aspire to. Then again, sometimes it gets so mixed up that the definitions themselves get confused. Heck, that was probably one of my main objectives when I was Hokage. Stop being so aggressive. Instead of soldiers let them be what they want. Trust them to chose their own path." She sighed with a painful giggle with a shrug "I failed on that but well... rather not hang on to the past."

She gave him a playful shove. More so of approval than anything. "You'll see that you will end up proud on who will they become. Heck, I'm pretty sure you'll miss the days where their cheeks went red out of embarrassment when you hugged them." She smiled. Taking a couple of steps back as Shin manifested the table. She had to say, he had good taste. The table wasn't anything fancy but she clearly saw that the details on it alone made it quite the exquisite piece. She absolutely loved the cups. The details of it. She could tell it had some sort of significance to his clan even though she couldn't tell what. With a happy sigh she took a seat. "Titles are meaningless." She chuckled. "Time and time again people have shown me that having a title doesn't make the fact that you're an idiot disappear." Asuka clapped her hands together. "Tea! Yes! Oh, please. You have to let me brew you something out of this world." She listened to him as she stood up, excitedly moving towards the flowers. Looking at each and every one. Choosing the appropriate ones, not those that looked extremely rare but ones that wouldn't miss having a few petals and flowers plucked out of them. She gave a smile as she saw a bright, small, white flower with a yellow center. Plucking a few leaves from it she crunched them in her hands. "Spending your time looking after an Orchid sounds unfulfilling to me if I'm being honest. All the world out there, and cropped up in here. Then again, I never left fire country due to "duty" so who am I to judge?" She moved over to the other side, her hands growing slightly warm. Speeding up the roasting process. She plucked and orange blossom. crushing them together, her hands filling up with the smell. Once she was happy with the combination she went back into the table, placing the leaves inside the kettle. Her hand releasing hot water into it. "I just hope the time when you have to step aside doesn't come anytime soon." She giggled, sitting back down. "Your sister is quite the interesting character. I liked her. Oh? Where did you go?" She looked over a the kettle. "Give the tea a couple of minutes to settle. Then, I'll... eh..." She thought of an appropiate punishment, she was 100% sure he would like it. "I'll marry you if you don't like it!"

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"Perhaps I am, to be the boss and to be the leader." He chuckled. "I think that's why I like my clan's title of "Overseer" the most, I just get the privilege of watching everyone grow and become who they were meant to be."

As the man rocked to his side slightly from the shove he chuckled a little harder. "Toyoko would have to let me hug her first" In embarrassment his face turned slightly red. "I think my condition with Kohana startled her pretty bad when we first me, so I am trying to give her time, but I am sure she will come around in due time."

"I can agree with that sentiment most of the time, a Title never truly says who you are, simply what you do. The individual is much more nuanced."
He placed his hand on one of the nearby hanging wisteria flowers. "Much like the florets of any complex flower, sure this entire strand and plant is known as a Wisteria, but each of the small flowers which bloom on it are unique and beautifully original. You can enjoy the beauty standing back and observing the flower as a whole, but you lose so much intricate imperfections which make each of the florets worthy of admiration beyond what is humanly possible."

He looked back at Asuka as she worked on roasting and making the tea for the two of them. "I have no plans on leaving this world anytime soon, after all I still haven't met my grandchildren." He would walk back towards the table and take in the sweet aromatics the tea was already releasing. "Kohana and I have had a complicated relationship. When she first awakened all she could express was hatred and jealousy, nearly took my life a few times and even lashed out at those around us. It took us time but we were eventually able to help find balance, and the Yurei Orchid was a vital role in that process."

Shin grinned softly as he watched Asuka work before taking a surprised look on his face with cheeks flushed as pink as a cherry blossom.

"Now I guess I am rooting for you to burn the tea..." He bashfully looked away.

Last edited:

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Your condition?” She looked around him with a questioned look as if not really understanding what he meant by “condition”. To him he seemed perfectly fine. ”She will. It’s just patience and showing her she’s safe. Was the same with my own kid. Feral to a fault. Took 3 maiden-hands, me and promise of a bowl of ramen to get her to bath somewhere that wasn’t the mud.” She giggled. Giving out a happy sigh. She was getting a bit tired of the formalities.

Asuka gave a short laugh as she listened to him talk. Simplicity wasn’t in his vocabulary huh. “I’m not going to lie. Although being poetic about it does make it sound more elegant. There’s no need to be so fancy with me.” She gave him a warm smile. “Be yourself… curse, smile, laugh out loud. I ain’t the typical village leader you’re accustomed to. Formalities can go to hell. My policy is simple, be genuine and true. This whole running around in circles hoping someone doesn’t get offended is too trying for me.“ She gave herself a stretch as she looked over at the tea. Almost ready. “I hope you don’t mind if I drop the pleasantries.“

Asuka gave a smile as she heard him talk about his sister. Well the certainly seemed close. “Not going to lie. She sounds more interesting the more you talk about her. I hope to get to talk to her before i leave. All honesty I could relate, my situation was kind of similar. Had to take care of a suicidal brat when I was little, with little trust…. I kinda blew up the first chance I got. I’m just glad i wasn’t strong enough to do any real damage back then.”

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"It is a complex situation, but to summarize it to it's core." Shin would ponder for a second. "My sister passed in utero, but her soul latched onto mine before fading away, and thus the two of us were born to the same body. With my new found strengths I have been able to not only reveal her Shadow, her Persona, but I have been able to manifest her own body made of true flesh and blood. When my daughter Toyoko first saw Kohana merge with my body again she panicked and recoiled in fear. While I do believe she understands our condition it wasn't an easy beginning." Shin smiled softly remembering the time shortly after receiving the Seal of the Yurei Orchid and how it allowed him to not only create a body for Kohana but allowed him to link mentally with our other members of the clan.

"During my travels though, something happened with the treasure of my clan, and it caused my strength to weaken. Kohana and I now once again share a body, but I am working on fixing this once again soon." He realized that he was rambling again. With a flush of blush he chuckled softly.

He looked at Asuka. "A feral little wild child aye? Sounds like you have your hands full. We should find a time when our kids can meet." He smiled kindly at her at the idea of getting the kids together.

Raising an eyebrow before chuckling with slight embarrassment. "Please, by all means make yourself feel at home. Feel free to speak however you find most comforting, I would be being dishonest if I were to change how I have been speaking with you know. When you've been a Clan leader since you were twelve years old trying to make up for the tantrums your sister has speaking formally becomes as natural as breathing, though I suppose I could cut back on the soliloquys." Shin let out a hearty laugh. "All five of the alters would agree that I do like to hear myself talk, though they are my guardians and protectors I am the face of the Inner Court." Shin casually spoke of his Clan's elders as if they were his own mental system.

Shin's eyes would begin shifting from blue to red to yellow and back to blue. "The most wonderful thing about the Seal of the Yurei Orchid, which is bestowed upon the Overseer of the Chikamatsu Clan, is that I am one of many. If you wish to get to know my sister Kohana, simply ask and I can bring her out. Eventually I would love for you to meet Seishinko, Maho, Kayuku, and Seikatsu as well. They are the other four members of my Inner Court like Kohana and I are." As he spoke the seal on the back of his neck would shift as the blue petal on the top would fade and a the various petals would begin to glow with the same soft blue hue as though the color was spinning like the hands of a clock before settling back at the petal on top.

Shin's eyes would return to the blue hue he was born with. "I feel the same about Kohana, if she had the strength she has now, I know my life woud have been taken from me and who knows who else would not be alive today if she had her way all those years ago."

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka listened intensely to Shin’s words. It was certainly something that interested her. A soul latched? He was able to create another body for her? Two beings in one body? Or was it two beings and two bodies? In the end she couldn't figure it our. How could someone have multiple bodies but one at the same time. As far as she knew storing souls or living bodies was impossible due to the lack of air. "And now my interest is picked." Asuka said looking over at the slowly brewing tea. Opening up the lead. "Two minds and two bodies but somehow you can combine yourselfs into one? You being the current dominant one. Now that is quite curious." Asuka closed the lid of the teapot. Happy with the result and poured Shin a cup. "She is quite the wild thing. Cute as a button but complicated to a fault. Oh definitely, if you ever come to Leaf do let me know."

"Doesn't matter if you got weak. Being able to materialize your sister is not an easy feat." Asuka giggled, pouring herself a cup. "Gotta say Shin. You are a lot more interesting that I gave you credit for." She took a sip from her tea. Perfect. Temperature just right, the aroma, the taste. She was quite impressed that not only was the flower perfect, but it even tasted better that it's counterpart. " Man that's delicious. I appreciate that. It's rare to be able to just speak without any god damn formality. Although I am surprised that the formal talk is just who you are. To be honest, it isn't common to see that. It's a nice surprise to say the least." She giggled "Wait, five alters?! There's not just one!" This was entirely surprising. Something she didn't expect. One alter she understood, she has seen. She has experienced. She has lived. Five? Now that is something that she didn't expect. She didn't think it was possible. But she didn't entirely find impossible.

"That depends on what you guys want. If she wants to meet me she can. If she doesn't then it's up to her. Funnily enough I'm like you. I also got an alter inside my head, or well... I could be the alter depending on who you ask." She shrugged "I just didn't think haven't 5 different alters was a possibility."

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"We have always been two minds, two souls, in one body. During my Genin Exams nearly twenty years ago her soul awakened for the first time. At first she was simply a shadow that dwelled within my mind but eventually she was able to step forward and become her own persona. After receiving the Yurei Orchid I was able to give her a body of flesh as my mind and strength fused with my chosen Inner Court Members, but as time went on that too faded back into her non-physical form, which is where we find ourselves now."

He chuckled at Asuka's shock over the five alters. "In fairness, the other four are physical bodied individuals, but our minds have been linked through the Yurei Orchid. They do not exist within my body as my sister does, but they are ever present within my mind." He was intrigued as well.

Taking a sip of his drink would cause a soft warm smile on his face. "Kohana isn't the trusting kind, so it may take her some time before she lowers her guards, but to hear that you can relate is actually quite comforting. There are times I too am curious whether or not I am the alter in my situation. She had the mental and spiritual strength to latch onto me as her embryo faded, but perhaps I was the one that took over her body. We aren't for sure what was the cause of our situation, and because of that there was mostly animosity for each other in the beginning. She accused me of taking and ruining her life, but over time we have learend to coexist peacefully."

His eyes would go distant as his memories of Kohana's emergence would come forth. "Time can heal most wounds it seems, but I am curious. How did someone like you find yourself in our shared situation?"

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I can't deny that I'm a bit jealous about that." Asuka spoke, taking a sip from her tea. "Being honorable and nice enough to look for an option like that for her. Considering her part of you, your family considering her real. Not all of us get that luxury." She chuckled, as she shook her head. "Apologies. Didn't mean that as a complaint. More in.... I'm glad that people like your clan exsist who don't shy away at the unknown. They embrace it and learn from it. It's a nice change of pace."

"Like a connected hive mind." Asuka looked impressed. That is one efficient way to have everybody on the same page. One mind. One decision transferred immediately to other heads. "Well, it sounds something that I would learn a lot from."

Asuka chuckled as she listened to his story. It was indeed relatable. "My case was different. I know I'm the alte-." As soon as those words left her mouth she stopped, hesitated. As if she had committed the worst sin. Actually told the truth. But for some reason she didn't feel like she would be judged. It felt safe." "I'm the alter." She repeated, a small relieved smile on her face as she took another sip from her drink. As if tons had been lifted from her shoulders. "Asuka and I always had our arguments and yelling matches. The little rascal always liked getting herself in dangerous situation. To be precise, I was the one pulling her from jumping into a volcano. But we eventually found our dynamic.... as good as that was..."

"How was I born you mean."
Asuka smiled. shifting her hands on the cup, as if nervousness took hold. Was it okay? Would she be able to let it out? "I'm an alter born out of trauma." She knew she wouldn't be able to say everything... but at least a premise. "Things in Asuka's birth family weren't great. So... I was born. After a sqrimish... I walked ourselves towards Leaf, start a new life. I wanted to be a baker... but apparently the brat had other ideas."

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"It is both a blessing and a curse... There have been times when I have had to remind the Inner Court that unlike them I am still a surgeon and need silence at times." He let out a chesty laugh before tapping his temple with his finger. "Its not always peaceful in here when it comes to discussing the responsibilities that they need to carry, but I suppose that is why I found such different people to help me care for our Clan. A single mind, a single view point doesn't set the foundations for a strong a diverse upbringing, which could lead to weak roots that could eventually crumble and fail the family."

The personality before him was the alter? Shin's brow raised, so this spirit, this soul that he was connecting with was not the one born into her body, but rather created. He let out a comforting sigh and looked towards the fluttering small passerines fluttering through this manmade forest. "Is that so?" He would respond to her admitting that she was the Alter. He would turn and look at her with a soft grin. He could see some release happen as stress appeared to melt away some. "Your Core must be glad to have such a wonderful Caretaker as yourself." He would listen to the words she would continue to speak.

If allowed, Shin would place his hands on her as she held the tea cup before her. He could see the signs of anxiety growing. "Thank you." He paused for a moment. "Thank you for being strong enough to protect a child in need. It is one of the most honorable things anyone can accomplish." He gave her a smile. "I can't imagine the strain and fear you must have gone through waking up to a world so harsh and dangerous." His eyes glinted.

He began to look through Asuka's body to see if he could see her Shadow. Every person had one, but very few were aware of them, let alone see them. The shadows are born of sadness and fear. They are the embodiments of anxiety and hatred. They are every negative emotion that everyone of us feel. Though there are those, like Shin, who have not only seen their Shadow, but worked through the darkness within their own soul to evolve their Shadow into a Persona, a second yet true soul of the person. "If I may ask, is there a name you have for yourself that is different than Asuka's?"

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
”That is a very nice way to put it.” She agreed, giving out a shaky laugh. She knew how difficult it could be to be in the same page with people that had different opinions from yourself. Present a united front. “But at least agreeing in one place does help with providing a unified front. Different perspectives agreed on a decision. Heck, I go absolutely nuts with Asuka sometimes. The screaming matches we’ve had could turn the ears of a sailor blue and that’s ONE.” She shook her head “Having multiple? Yeah no.”

Wonderful caretaker. Year right. It was quite a funny way to put it to be fair. Caretaker. She hadn’t thought of that before and although she didn’t indeed think she fit the mold. Or rather, her job description fit. She didn’t feel like one. She wasn’t one. Was rather a pathetic one. “Wonderful is a very nice way to put it.” She shook her head. “Although that is my primary function I didn’t do a very good job of it.” As Shin placed his hand on hrs Asuka felt one thing warmth. Not only did he acknowledge she was another one. Her own individual but he complemented her. On her job. She remembered back, to their home village. The rituals. The torture. The fire. Fear, pain, death. He was right. SHe didn’t have time to think when she was born. It all got thrown in her face as soon as she opened her eyes. Her eyes teared up as Shin finished. No. She couldn’t. Taking her hand away rather hastily she looked away, cleaning her eyes rather quickly. She shouldn’t show any weakness. She was strong. She needed to be strong, firm. No emotions. “It’s what I was supposed to do.” She simply said “My one and only duty.” She took a sigh. Or rather was her duty… her only instruction and she failed

What Shin would see was nothing. Inside Asuka was no Shadow. Blank face. As if the girl didn’t fear anything, have no anxiety or hate. It would be quite confusing as everyone had one without question. Not having one would make someone more of a machine than anything else. But, the interesting part was looking more outward. Realizing that the Alter WAS the shadow. It would be apparent that she had taken all the negativity to protect the little girl. “You’re the first person to ask me that.“ She giggled, a slight smile on her face. “My name is Kasa.”

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As Asuka’s hand, no, as Kasa’s hand pulled back quickly and tears pooled in her eyes Shin could tell this was new for her. ”I didn’t mean to upset you, did I say something wrong.“ He would hesitate for a moment. ”Asuka is standing before me today. She has made it through the hardship which bore you, I would say that was a job well done.“ He would take a few steps away.

”Full transparency, I wish to be completely honest with you. I believe we have more in common than you may imagine.“ He chuckled at how corny it sounded.

”What I mean… I am what some call a Phantom. I don’t know how familiar you are with the nearly lost world of Kinjutsu but I was born with one.“ He turned back to look at Kasa.

”I can see what I like to call “Shadows”. They are like the physical embodiments of everything horrible and wrong with a person. Their fears, their anxieties, their demons. I was fortunate to not only meet mine but help her process these negativities and now Kohana can proudly stand beside me as my evolved Shadow, my Persona. When I look at you, or rather, when I look at Asuka, I see you.“

His blue eyes would hesitate on Asuka’s for a moment for drifting to the side as his gaze shifted to nearby flowers.

”Kasa, if you are Asuka’s shadow, if you are the darkness within her soul… well then you’re the most amazing person I have ever met.“ He blushed softly. ”I’ve never met a Shadow that was half as genuine or as delightful as I find you.“

Her would look back at Kasa. ”I am really happy you came to visit me today.“

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kasa would look away as he complemented her job. More so in annoyance rather than anything. She wasn't up to deal with those that assumed rather than ask. With a deadpan expression she looked at the plans. “She’s a vegetable.” She simply said. Didn’t need the pity or the constant praise for things she shouldn’t be praised about. Especially concerning the current State of Asuka. Now that her true identity was revealed she let her long hair go free straightening it out as she spoke. She gave a shoot giggle as he said they had more in common. “although our situation may be similar, we don't really share much aside from that. Believe me, you wouldn't de so happy go lucky if you did.”

She listened to him speak, explain himself on what he meant. A phantom? She had certainly never heard about a phantoms aside from scary Children's stories. She did give a chuckle at the nation, it became louder when he started explaining them. Oh, this was funny. Physical embodiments of everything negative? That was hilarious. Asuka didn't have one. The idiot was always a bubbly mess of happiness and rainbows. it was funny how he thought they were similar. But she was not expecting his answer when he said SHE was Asuka’s shadow. He wasn't talking about Asuka or her alter he was acknowledging Kasa. She didn't answer him. Simply looking away. Apparently she was considered a shadow, someone who took all the negative areas of someone's life.

She certainly wash't expecting his next words. Saying not only that she was amazing and genuine. She mostly didn't know how to take it. He didn't know, didn't understood what she had been through, what she had done. Het eyes placed with annoyance and anger. “Amazing? I am anything but.” She clinched her teeth as “You don’t know me so stop pretending like you do. Amazing… it’s more insulting trying to figure me out by pretending that you know shit rather than simply stabbing me with a knife and invading my mind.” She shook her head. “If you want information about leaf or anything just ask. Don’t have to pretend to know or care to get it. LIke I said, I’m not really in good terms with the village right now, meaning I don’t care.”

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shin’s smile faded softly. ”Kasa, I genuinely have no interest In Konohagakure or the information you have for it. As you pointed out I could simply invade your mind, I have the means, you aren’t wrong, but I would never do that. I am not here trying to deceive you.“ he would set his cup of tea down.

”I am speaking on the parts I have learned from you, if I am missing something, please enlighten me. While I can simply read your mind, I refuse to cross that boundary. I am not an ANBU operative. I am a medic, studying research and development. The goals of my life is to advance medicine to help more and more people. I am not a tool for this village to grab secrets from visitors, and I refuse to be accused of being as such.“

He turned and looked at Kasa. ”It is Uchiha Asuka, correct? Can you not use those eyes in similar ways I can use my Yamanaka mind? If you don’t believe me do what you must, but I am here, trying to enjoy your company, because up until now you have been nothing but pleasant and a joy to be around. I wish to continue to enjoy your presence and if that means I must prove I have no ulterior motives, then so be it.“

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Was he genuine? She had spent so much time simply watching her back for someone to stab it. As hurt as it was. Just add to the number of scars already there. He seemed genuine Yet she felt uneasy. As if this wasn’t real. Although she did have to chuckle. “I said that you could invade it. Not that you would succeed in gaining anything from it. One of the perks of knowing the mind like the back of your hand.” She knew This could be considered gloating but she was using it more as a tactic. It was better to be overestimated than underestimated. Becoming a big enough threat to be avoided, worst case people would be cautious enough to let her have enough time to run.

“Oh stop with the righteous act.” She said shaking her head "Learned from me. You haven't even been in my presence for more than a couple of hours from the gate to this. You don't know me. It's not an accusation. It's reality. We're Shinobi. We have to look the underneath of the underneath. It's not about you. What have you learned? That I'm a Shadow? I don't even know what that means. You start with the flattering. Telling me how wonderful I am without actually knowing reality. I could be a serial killer that eats babies as an appetizer and toddlers as a a main dish with some fava beans and a nice Chianti."

Kasa shook her head and gave a sigh. God this kid was annoying. She could feel the moral high ground emanating from him. "Just Kasa." She said with a scowl. "I can. Doesn't mean I use it as a an example of something I could do but won't. Some might consider that a threat. I was enjoying it until you started making random statements about me. My point is, if you want to know. Ask. There's no need for the bullshitery of going around in eggshells. You're not that menacing." She said with a slight chuckle.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back