Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Dune's Eye (Contract)

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The fiery escape had created a brief a brief intermission in the trial, or so the legend goes. The Lizard Queen took to dishing out more of her verbal acid, aimed at burning Jomei’s integrity by denouncing his intentions as a peacemaker. The only solution was a monologue of his own, but the golden webbing armor was making talking a taxing task. Jomei placed his fingers around the sides of his mouth and tugged at the resilient substance layered onto his face. The stretchy, webby layer peeled free from his face, and he wiggled his jaw with the newfound freedom he restored.

“While you were judging my strengths and weaknesses, I was searching for pitfalls and opportunities,” Jomei began his sharp rebuttal. “Your deal was going to extort the Tottori tribe out of livestock they can barely produce in this climate, in exchange for enough flowers to fill a vase. How long do you think they would accept that before betraying the deal?” Kechakala was an impressive creature, and incredibly intelligent. However, her oasis kingdom was vastly different from the human villages and city beyond her paradise. “My idea requires your knowledge; that is the only way to replicate your garden without putting the operation at risk. There’s something mysterious about the dunsai, something the Tottori nomads wouldn’t admit when I took on this task. It was never my intention to find the thoughtless monster the nomads described, and now I only seek to make peace with your clan. But if I turn away after coming this far, they’ll just send more mercenaries after the dunsai. It won’t stop until your land is overrun with hunters. It is the human way to kill what they don’t understand, and I want to keep your oasis protected from any more human interest than you care for.” He began to stride forward to Kechakala across the shallow waves, creating a solid surface beneath each confident step.

“But I’m a little out-done at this point” he admitted. “You attacked your own hatchling and then denounced me for not rushing to assist it. What were you expecting me to do? If I were a healer, I might have been able to prevent this intervention entirely… but that’s why I’m here. They say the dunsai flower is a miraculous medicine, and now I believe the testimony entirely.” The course of conversation had brought Jomei to realization, and he came to understand the extent of Kechakala’s cruel games. “Your hatchling will survive by healing with the properties found in that plant.”

As Jomei paced closer to Kechakala, he began unbuttoning specially-tailored slits on the waist of his flak jacket, allowing room for his unique transformation: the crimson hands of tsuchigumo. The Lizard queen was proving to be unpredictable, and while Jomei hoped to make a breakthrough with her, he prepared himself for more of her deception. “I know of a vast, untapped forest, far away in the land of fire to the east from here. And I have a wealthy elder of my own who owes me a favor.” He was sure the lizard queen had never received such an awkward explanation from anyone. “Provide me with your aid, and I will produce a hidden grove capable of cultivating and trading the dunsai all over the region, maybe even the whole world. That’s what’s on the table; a lot more in return than smoked fire-feather, or sides of beef. This could mean innovation for my people, and the benefits you will receive from that will be immeasurable.”</COLOR>

X X X X
<COLOR color="#cc3333">

590 WC/MFT

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
You say I was wanting to extort this tribe and yet you take no consideration of the creatures which live here, you don't think about anything other than yourself and your own pockets. From where I stand you are the one wanting to extort us. You want us to give up something which is valuable for little to nothing, with the ability for it to be grown by others, reducing the value in it for us.

Can you imagine that if the roles were reversed, if that village relied on this plant for export, for money to feed their children, to pay for their lifestyle, that only they were able to grow this flower and thus the value of it were massive.

Then you imagine if another village needed it, they sent you over to them, they placed the substantial price that they always have on it and you asked if they could grow it. Can you imagine their reaction?

There was a pause.

No traveler. You can leave now. We have existed here since before that village was settled, we will remain he long after they are gone.

You can stop pretending to care about anything other than yourself.

The lizard turned its back on him and went to leave.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Dunsai (Contract)

“Don’t do this!” Jomei protested, breaking the silence that fell over the Lizard’s swampy water front. He marched behind her, gathering himself in preparation for his rebuttal. His dream of innovation had materialized before him, only to slip away in the filth and mud of short-sighted accusation. Why couldn’t the damned lizard see his ambitions for what they truly were? Jomei’s marched picked up to a full chase, and the young ninja used a gift of his heritage, projectile webbing, to fire and swing himself overhead past Kechakala, and onto the shore, blocking her path back to the rocky enclave where the lizards would commonly bask in the sun for warmth.

“If wanting to save lives makes me selfish, then so be it” he huffed and puffed in the shadow of his acrobatic actions. “Call me selfish all you like.” Jomei took on a demanding tone, refusing to grovel, despite knowing that a more respectful plea might save him from Kechakala’s outright refusal. “What you have here… I believe that I have the means to turn the dunsai plant into something that could benefit the lives of all living creatures, not just the nomads, or even the ninja.” Out of ways to sway this adamant and regal creature, Jomei was bound by his desperation. The weight of the approaching behemoth forced him to a kneeling position, much against his nature, but quite in line with his rarely applied, academy discipline.

“You have created a paradise for your kind here, a real utopia I couldn’t have possibly fathomed before arriving here and seeing it for myself. But the world of man is much more vast, and is sick with war and famine all across. I have walked much of it, and seen for myself what my people can do. I have seen whole civilizations destroyed by the deeds of man. But we can also do good when led to work for a righteous cause, and I know my ambitions are in the right place... I just need you to give me a chance to see them though.”

The pressure of his desperation almost had Jomei bursting at the seams. He glared with pure intensity at the Lizard Queen, locked in place as he took a final stand for his cause. The young Jomei was in full belief of his words, and in belief that he would do good for the world if given this chance. “I have been traveling the realm, just trying to find my purpose. That quest has left me alone with nothing to believe in, chipping through blockades of ice, and mountains of stone, telling me to go back and be content with nothing.” He spoke through gritted teeth and mounting anger as he recalled the trials of his day. Many adventures where Jomei found himself crushed beneath the feeth of those who denied him. Nature had a way of constantly hurting him, and saying the words NO in a thousand creative ways. “Then I resorted to turning over stones in the desert, and waded through the blinding high winds, on the path that led me here, to you and your clan. And now you too wish to turn me away, empty-handed…” One of his hands was against the grass, and his palm filled with soil as his resolved strengthened. “Well, I refuse to accept it, not this time. I know this meeting has a greater purpose, Kechakala.”

WC 569 MFT

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Contract Boss Incoming:
This will be a very hard mission for you Jomei, so much so that if you want to start over this search as your OCR'd char I am open to it.
Due to the hand offs and the rules involved not to mention the time frames of availability I will grant you 1 shot at this contract

Here is the setup for you
No post you make can be under 300 words
Carefully read each post and respond as best you can
Try not to take over too much of the mod and simply react unless it is something your character absolutely must do.
The contract beings will not attack you in any way shape or form
Any attacks made against a contract being outside of silly contests or games will result in automatic failure.
At the end of each post I make will place the % chance that you succeed in your quest.
I will also give you a PM summarizing why you passed or failed a trial at the end of the search so that you will understand the mod and what your part in it is.

Here we go...

"Indeed it does human... You are being tested and I shall now make the full evaluation of your capacity." The entire oasis became more lush and verdant as a massive lizard rose from the ruddy golden mud of the water hole. His eye was golden with a single blue slit. His scales were black and gold with flecks of what would seem to be glitter to a child but the ninja could easily determine that this massive lizard's scales were made of living gold. As his head raised from the muddy bank the ninja could easily see that his entire body still remained hidden despite revealing his position. He could not determine how large this particular lizard was. His head alone was fifty inches in length, thirty three inches wide, and seventy inches high. Thirty eight massive fangs ranging in length from six inches to eighteen inches. Kinkai was definitely a massive being yet he was being quite kind and coy. His tongue flickered tasting the air as he looked about noting his baby sister had given the human before him the business. Bites and scratches marred the human's body causing golden armor to emerge.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The stir of the behemoth’s awakening made waves in the mire that previously hid it’s rising form. The rancid odor of alge-rich swamp water corrupted the sense of smell in the magnificent creature’s presence. The putrid water ran down the back and sides of the creature, so much that small waterfalls took form briefly as it arose. A deep voice rang out from it’s parting jowls; words spoken intelligently with the common tongue, passing through large fangs capable of tearing through a creature Jomei’s size with ease. While Kechakala was formidable, this being was an another league.

“Ok kid…” Another unfamiliar but humanoid voice called out to Jomei, this time from his rear, beyond the visible limits of the oasis’ thick foliage. “Time for you to tag out.”

Full of surprise and other looming emotions, Jomei nervously looked at the oncoming titan, and then the veiled being who was now revealing himself from behind a thick oak tree. With a racing heart guiding Jomei away from the reptilian leviathan, he turned to meet the unknown man with a slim and tall design, who now took confident steps in the young adventurer’s direction. He was a shinobi like Jomei, but a bit older, and had a presence that felt opposite to his young counterpart. Long ebony strands blew in the breeze created by the titan’s surfacing, but didn’t affect his narrow-slanted, piercing eyes, which scanned the boy for any injuries worth his immediate attention. “Jeez champ,” he spoke with a similar, eased tone, “ I took my eyes off of you for one second this morning, so I could use the restroom... and you gave me the slip. Your job is to represent our village in the Jounin Exam tomorrow, not to gallivant in the wilds. A shinobi’s orders aren’t to be taken lightly, and you were directed to remain in Soon’s Haven until your Exam was complete.”

Surely the arrival of the second ninja, and his surprising infiltration of the oasis must have taken the Lizard tribe’s lord and lady by surprise, but that did not matter to Kaji, who was tasked with overseeing the protection of his Jounin Candidate. Until now he simply humored Jomei’s activity and watched from the shadows, but the titan’s presence required an intervention. Kaji then proceeded around Jomei, and placed himself between the titanic lord-beast, and the brazen young ninja. “We can’t take a chance on you getting maimed before the exam, Jomei. Go collect a sample of those plants you need, and make your way back to the Haven. Please entrust me to handle the rest of your negotiation…” <i></i>He then ran pinching fingers along his suspenders with both hands, and continued his calm approach, closer to the mighty lizard-king draped in gold.

“Honorable lord of the tribe, am I Kaji, formerly of the Okada family… the guardian of Jomei here, on behalf of the Hidden Stone’s high council. Please allow me to act in Jomei’s place as his champion, if you will it.” Showing much more tradition in his manners and respectfulness, Kaji dipped in a low bow to the Lizard Lord, which became a full kneel. “Please forgive the transgressions of my charge; he is young, and though he may mean well, he lacks depth in understanding the balance sustained between the cultures of your land, and the challenges that face your tribe in surviving here.” Remaining knelt in the gesture of respect, he looked back to the vision of Jomei, which watched on with a mixture of anger, confusion, and embarrassment. The young ninja was trembling, but not with fear. He clenched his fist, and bit his lip to prevent from out-bursting in response to Kaji’s intervention. Jomei was sure that Kaji was sent on his father’s behalf, as the Jounin exam was so important to the Matsui Family’s reputation. Quietly, the young ninja did as his guardian requested, and made a silent retreat from the lizard king’s mire. He would obey this time, but it was the last time Jomei would allow his father’s influences to interfere with his ambitions. As the golden armor began to chip away with the release of his chakra’s circulation, so did what was left of his allegiance to the stone, which did nothing but hinder his efforts at every turn. Jomei’s nimble hands procured a couple samples of the dunsai plant as he departed, and he waited slyly for the absence of any watching eyes before he did so. Only then did the young shinobi make his exit from the oasis, entrusting Kaji to finish what he started.

I accept your conditions Kuro.
This story actually began while Jomei and Kaji were both still members of Stone.
It just happens to be convenient enough of a scenario that I can pull off the character swap here.
Usually, it would be totally unfeasible, but this'll work.
I appreciate this opportunity, especially since it means a contract for Kaji rather than my NPC. lol
Also, I will edit the color momentarily, if I discover that it clashes with the white background.

Kaji Okada has entered the thread.
Jomei Matsui is leaving the thread unless stopped.

WC 765 MFT

Post also Includes Ability Training for the following:
Human Anatomy
Fearless
Calm Mind

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC: No prob, just know this is going to be brutal... please PM any thing specific about your character that you would like to advance. Character History and any nuances that you believe would be noticeable.

Kinkai inclined his eye to overlook the human whom had managed to elude his senses in the desperate acts of his wayward associate. This Kaji human of the Okada clan had managed to slip past his sentries and their notice while trailing his welp. Very impressive in Kinkai's analysis... perhaps this human might be worthy of aiding him in a quest. "Your stealth is highly prized amongst my kindred human, perhaps we can strike a deal. There are five betrayers of my kindred that reside in a town known as Kodachi no Tenchi. These five humans have stolen and abused the powers and capacities of five of my close siblings. If you can retrieve the essences of my siblings from these Kyōryū Sentai Zyurangers, then I can grant you our aid in your efforts in return. I ask you to retrieve their essences without killing any of the bearers of power. They were once the greatest of champions of our cause but they have become greedy and self centered."

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Titan Lizard's Bargain (Contract)

By committed to the oath he made to his charge, Kaji put himself in an awkward position, unable to deny the Titan Lizard’s will. In this process, Kaji transferred his services over to this being, and was given a new quest that he could not refuse. However, this new challenge was something much closer to his forte than shadowing exam candidates. His spirit was lifted when the reptile demanded that he hunt down targets; and he even huffed a sigh of relieve when Kinkai added the stipulation of leaving the targets alive. He would never show it, but he even felt eager for such a challenge. And the added mystery of the five essences meant that this job might be an exhilarating affair, and twice as troublesome. Kaji heard enough about the dunsai flower Jomei needed from eavesdropping on their conversation, but he didn’t need the details. Now, he could only hope that the resource would live up to the hype, if he succeeded in complying with the Titan Lizard’s Bargain. His targets were known as Kyōryū Sentai Zyurangers.

Kaji rolls for insight: 25

Kaji didn’t know much about the lore of the land; and was limited to the key factions listed in the dossier he received for the assignment in Sunagakure. His understanding of the sunan regional language was moot to those words. Kaji instead considered the idea of their essence. The concept of essence in nature was familiar; possibly a tribal method the Lizards were using for transferring secret techniques, or even raw chakra. It wasn’t entirely unheard for humans to gain the latent abilities of magical creatures using senjutsu, and various other methods. Considering the options, he speculated that there were totems or transfer rituals for him to steal or interrupt. As speculative as ever, Kaji stalled in silence for a few beats, and nodded once with acceptance when his guesswork was complete. He had a firm idea of what was coming.

“Infiltrating the town should be easy, and so will tracking them down” Kaji admitted. He considered the logistics and probabilities of the coming mission. “This, I can do. I suppose I’m looking for components that empower your ex-champions... Or, how else could this be accomplished without fatally harming them?” He stroked his chin with a free hand. “I will start by following traces of sage chakra in the town; and there should be rumors adrift if they’ve been using your essence for power or profit.” Confident that he could at least locate the five targets, Kaji would deal with the peculiarities of how to beat them once he had them in his sight. He may prove stalwarthy enough to reclaim the abilities from all five, but five targets wouldn't be a cake walk. First and foremost he'd pursue them one at a time to improve his odds. His prowess as a duelist was formidable to most, and he would resort to wield his blade, Eelspine, in his deft hands couldn't steal their totems first. The least he could do was try.

Kaji arose from his low bow, square-shouldered and ideal-postured for a seasoned shinobi just past his prime. There was only one more thing he had to ask before he’d be set to embark for Kodachi no Tenchi.
“And… for all the things I don’t need to know in order to accomplish this task, is there anything else I should know right now, that you have not told me yet?”

WC534

Used for Ability Training:
Anbu Sentinel
Duelist
Nimble Hands
Weapon Master

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
12%

With the human’s questions he nodded imperceptibly, mostly to himself as he responded. “Chakra may or may not be their defining factor as their capacities were great before they were champions of lizard kind. They are actually descendants of the ancient masters of our clans. Their blood alone gave them great capacity and adaptability to their environment but their human side combined with the power of their ancestors allowed them to accomplish things far beyond both cold and warm bloods. Their training under my kindred only heightened their already considerable abilities. These are not ninja you face but true warriors. They are only corrupt in that they abuse their powers, a reality check that their powers can be taken away to a certain extent would certainly change their manners. Good luck with this job. Some of my kindred will be watching you from afar so do not feel rushed or hurried even when you feel like someone is watching you. I will slumber for a while but I will keep in contact via other means.”<i></i>

With an ease that only the beasts of old could accomplish Kinkai slipped beneath the wet sands leaving not a passing of movement or scent. If Kaji had not been present to see him leave in nothing more than a wet puft of sand he would never have known a massive lizard slept beneath the banks of the sprawling oasis.
A family of chameleons would change colors in the sand to lead Kaji towards the small yet bustling metropolis.

After arriving Kaji would find a thriving community of farmers, metal workers, and salesmen that lived in 5 major districts. They had built an estuary and an advanced aqueduct system to promote trees, grass, and streams amidst the desert. Finding his targets might be a challenge. How would Kaji adapt to this situation?

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Following the titan’s parting statements, it sank into the mire once more. Mossy debris and dank green waves erased all traces of it’s otherwise unmistakable presence. The boggy oasis returned to being a peaceful nature setting; rife with the cricket songs, croaking toads, and melodic bird chatter. The wind blew in the trees, pressing at Kaji’s back as is directed him towards the second clearing out of the marsh land: the path to the city of champions who lost the Titan Lizard’s favor. Kaji was coming for them now, and it seemed as though all of nature was waiting to witnessed the endeavor. Knowing that he’d have the lizard’s blessing for the time being, Kaji set two fingers to his lips and whistled. The high pitch echoed through the marsh-woods, and before long, the sound of nervous trotting drew near to him. A chocolate-hued sunan stallion appeared in the clearing opposite to his exit, coming from where he had seen Jomei go off through. The horse was magnificent and stood high, cautiously marching towards Kaji’s call. Unlike the rare humans who occasionally stumbled onto the reptilian grove, this brave stallion entered after Kaji, knowing full-well that it was trotting into a predator’s lair. This particular horse was well trained.

“There’s a good boy” Kaji called to his mount, speaking with a rare, kind and sweet tone. “Goooooood boy” he repeated, aware of the horse's anxiety. The horse stepped over a final half-rotted log, and stopped besides Kaji. Then, Kaji reached to pet the horse softly on it’s withers; the highest point of it’s shoulders, just below it’s back. “Good job, Kukkī.” As he comforted his beast his reached into the saddlebags on it’s back and withdrew small brick of packed sweet oats and carrots, and set down a quick snack for the beast. He knew the road to Kodachi no Tenchi might be long, but that the lizard kin would show him the way. Revealing themselves from the protection of nature, small lizards were creating markers using contrasting chameleon coloring. With wise limitations, the creatures were creating a route for Kaji and his steed to travel. Kaji could barely see through the canopy created by the dense forestry, but beams of sunlight still penetrated on brights spots here and there. The sun was still peaking on the day, and Kaji felt optimistic about his journey to the town. Wisely, Kaji donned a dusty brown cloak that was stuffed in another saddlebag, and a beige turban, before setting off. They were crafted from rugged hemp in the nomadic style. Off he went: as steadily as his horse could trot through the marshy oasis’ frontier. He followed the chameleon beacons with keen eyes, on the path towards more adventure.
Kodachi no Tenchi

The thunder of Kaji’s mount galloping in the desert was a welcoming sound. At the mighty beast’s reigns, Kaji felt at peace, focused, and confident. The wind was beneath his stallion today, delivering them on a swift course to their destination, which lay ahead on the horizon. Kaji and the wild-maned stallion cruised to a stop at the peak of a hill that overlooked the city below. Gauging the sun’s movement overhead, Kaji judged that three hours had passed on his journey from the Lizard’s Lounge. The star of daylight was now setting on the horizon, giving way to evening; the ideal time for Kaji to begin his search.

Kaji rolled for stealth: 11
Time for a change of pace, then.

He left his horse Kukkī behind in the safety of his vantage point, and entered town, actively blending himself into the masses of citizens roaming the streets. The streets were busy during the golden hours, and the stir of busy people created a sea of shifting chakra presences. With his trained senses faulting, Kaji felt aimless in the streets. His actions felt flawed, as if he were out of place among the villagers who came and went around him. Weary of potentially prying eyes, Kaji slipped around a corner and into one of countless alleyways within the city. With the alley shadows to cover him, Kaji dispersed his form and became a flock of shadows, rising into the expanding shade of the city. In a burst of blackness, he re-emerged atop the high-rises of the city, on a rooftop close to where he started at the face of Kodachi no Tenchi. Under the enhanced disguise of his cloak of shadows, Kaji stepped to an edge of the rooftop, and peered across the city limits; it glowed with the warmth of evening hearths. From here, the city was split into five districts, which was common for any populace larger than meager town. Human cultures usually did this to prioritize their welfare, resources, commerce, scientific, and government in an orderly fashion.

Before committing to a route, Kaji considered a few more factors about the nature of his targets, and some of the underlying factors that weren’t laid out on the table to plainly. Uncovering the subtle details was an important aspect of tracking. “Five” he whispered to himself, noting the relevance of the number about the champions, the aspects of the Lizard’s and the essence, and the divisions of the city. “Power.” The definition and ways to achieve power in Kodachi no Tenchi varied as much as the number of ways his mission could go wrong. With so many risks to take, Kaji elected to follow his most sure-shot conclusion first. “The cream rises to the top” he thought as he pointed for the heart of Kodachi no Tenchi; where he knew the most influential citizens would gravitate at this hour. "And cold-blooded creatures seek shelter where they can bask in the most sunlight." Lost in their ideals of power and fame, Kaji expected at least one of the former champions to position itself among the upper-class; someone who lost his or her connection with nature when working to appease mankind. Knowing the reach of the wilds wouldn't be stopped by mortar and stone alone, Kaji kept out a vigilant eye for more signs, instructions, and warning from his lizard allies; but the chameleon blending would pose a greater risk to the creatures in this setting. As he came closer to the city he noticed the chameleon assistance had tapered off. Still, he trusted that they were watching vigilantly.​

WC1058MFT

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
15% completion of task (try not to overstep your RP in this lest you miss out on a crucial detail by taking too much for granted)

Stealth check failed…
The city’s many camera's recorded your movements but these devices recorded everything in general and no one imparticular was tracking you.

Elder and youthful citizens did notice you but simply smiled and waved in greeting or went on about their business.
Your horse was found by an elderly couple whom immediately fed it a couple of sweet apples and carrots before retiring for the day happy to have seen one of nature's most beloved creatures so far in the desert and well kept.
As you searched the city that evening. You were able to notice that each district had a distinct pattern but what that pattern was would require far more searching and a much better view. Towers loomed in the financial district where a gala event seemed to be going on. It finally dawns upon you as night falls and luminescent carriages of sun heated materials are carried about upon the backs of large reptiles. You finally noticed that the majority of transportation about this city is lizard based with a few having serpents but all reptile. You also notice there are absolutely no birds for miles. (These were checks made by me against your current stats and roleplayed actions… please be aware that everything you post will be taken into account…)

A beautiful girl is sitting all alone at an ornate bus stop. She is humming a song that seems to be quite popular while listening to a headset, she looks to be in her late teens. She is dressed in a pink sweater with matching pink shoes and a strange bracer upon her arm. She is jamming hard though as she appears to be waiting for some kind of public transport. As she gets up and begins to dance through what appears to be a well-choreographed set of dance steps. You might notice that she has a very well-muscled frame. A body even a shinobi could admire for its possible capabilities. You can hear her chant/sing the song as she gets into the spirit of the music.

Zyuranger! Zyuranger!
Densetsu no senshi-tachi yo!
Zyuranger! Zyuranger!
Toki wo kakeru kibou!
Kyouryuu Sentai Zyuranger!
Ashioto ga kikoenai ka?
Haruka na daichi wo fumishimete
Itsutsu no kiba ga yattekuru
Misetekure, mirai e no fantajii!

Zyuranger! Zyuranger!
Eien no senshi-tachi yo!
Zyuranger! Zyuranger!
Itsumo kimi no soba ni!
Ougon ni hikaru medaru
Kokoro wo hitotsu ni tsunagu toki
Shouri no asu ga matte iru
Yakusoku sa owaranai fantajii!

Zyuranger! Zyuranger!
Jounetsu no senshi-tachi yo!
Zyuranger! Zyuranger!
Niji wo koete yukou!
Zyuranger! Zyuranger!
Eien no senshi-tachi yo!
Zyuranger! Zyuranger!
Itsumo kimi no soba ni!

By Sato Kenta
The song if you want to hear it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCRPDRwoRO0

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kaji’s search brought him back to the street level; absorbing the city life while finding his way towards his best lead, the Gala. His travels brought him to a pick up spot for carriages through their city. Here, the arguably intelligent reptile clan had been reduced to serving as mere beasts of burden. It was a disappointing sight when he compared the creatures to the reigning behemoths in the grove, even though he knew not all forms of collaboration between nature and mankind were so bad. And in the silence of his contemplative stroll he could hear a melody coming from afar. “Zyuranger! Zyuranger!“ Of all the words sang out in the energetic tune, Kaji honed in upon the these: the Zyuranger’s of the Titan lizard’s mentioning.

The melody was coming from a teenage girl, practicing her dance moves with by the post of the carriage pickup-point. She knew her song to a tee, never missing a lyric, or even a beat in her dance routine. Her favorite color must have been pink, and Kaji could smell a candy scent as he drew closer to the girl, post, and bench setup. Making his way towards the post, Kaji revealed a red leather-bound dossier he was carrying, and entered the stop, as auspiciously as he could manage. Settling besides the teen, Kaji kept his attention focused on the red journal in an attempt to disarm her in his presence. “Oh, um, excuse me, miss” Kaji began to interrupt the lass in pink, waving to here in a pesky grab for attention. He sat besides her, looking to her with eyes that evaded direct contact; signs of his shyness. “I’m a first time visitor to Kodachi,” he admitted with an embarrassed tone, “And I am trying to make it to an event happening tonight here in the city. Isn’t there a party happening? A Gala?” He flipped through a few more pages of the journal, searching for an address that didn’t exist, and looked up to the girl with a disparaged need for help. “I’m trying to make it but I believe I’m running terribly late. Do you know if this is the way? I mean, is this where I wait for a transport to where the big event is happening?”

Kaji never imagined that he could enjoy playing stupid, but it was the subtle truth in his confusion as an outsider that helped him play a convincing lost traveler. As he began to entertain a dialogue with the suspicious musical teen, the sound of her tune escaping from her headphones had an infectious rhythm. “And I like your music; what’s that song called?”

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
20%
Okada Kaji said:
“Oh, um, excuse me, miss” Kaji began to interrupt the lass in pink, waving to here in a pesky grab for attention. He sat besides her, looking to her with eyes that evaded direct contact; signs of his shyness. “I’m a first time visitor to Kodachi,” he admitted with an embarrassed tone, “And I am trying to make it to an event happening tonight here in the city. Isn’t there a party happening? A Gala?” He flipped through a few more pages of the journal, searching for an address that didn’t exist, and looked up to the girl with a disparaged need for help. “I’m trying to make it but I believe I’m running terribly late. Do you know if this is the way? I mean, is this where I wait for a transport to where the big event is happening?”

Kaji never imagined that he could enjoy playing stupid, but it was the subtle truth in his confusion as an outsider that helped him play a convincing lost traveler. As he began to entertain a dialogue with the suspicious musical teen, the sound of her tune escaping from her headphones had an infectious rhythm. “And I like your music; what’s that song called?”

The girl pulled her headset off and smiled, it was then that Kaji could see tiny traces of reptilian scales at the edges of her hairline and she did indeed have a discerning eye. With an all -encompassing smile she began to tell Kaji about everything in an infectious happy manner that only a teen could produce. “Well just about any transport can take you to the Gala tonight. That song is the song for the dance off it is the Zyuranger song written by a famous composer. We are having the Zyuranger festival and event for their having saved us from disasters, sandwyrms, giant scorpions, carnasaurs, and other rampaging kaijuu. Here in Angel Grove or Kodachi no Tenchi the ancient name for our city there are several clans that can trace their lineage back to the time before man and with that genetic potential call upon the power of their dinosaur ancestors and save us when we need. I am a descendant of the Lithia Clan like my big sister but I can’t fly like she can and I can’t transform like she does either. But she is a true Zyuranger and I am secretly her biggest fan. Mei ni chan is the Ai no senshi, the warrior of love and she refuses to lose at anything. Her special weapon is a bow and like me Pink is her best color. She will be at the ball tonight and I am practicing my dance steps so I can beat her at dance dance revolution competition. One day I will earn the right to be a Zyuranger but I have to train really hard and unlock my true powers just like Mei-ni-chan. Oh I am sorry mister I was so excited I forgot to ask you your name or introduce myself. My name is Lithia Mai, what’s yours?”
She looked at the somewhat Shy, Tall, Dark haired, and Handsome stranger up and down with a cursory glance as she spoke. He was just her type if she got him to dress up a little better and be her date she would make everyone INCLUDING her sister jealous. With an infectious giggle she covered her mouth and looked away at her terrible thoughts. She had 2 hours to be ready and the perfect guy had just fallen into her lap. This was going to be her night. She only needed to pick up her dress and possibly get him to come with her. Her mind made up before he could respond she took up her mantle as another warrior of love eradicating her innate shyness and fear as she instantly became predatory, demanding, and somewhat more reptilian.

“Since we are both going to the gala, how about you go as my date... ((demanding alluring tone)) You will need to get some better clothessss, but I am heading to the mall and I think I can get you a suit to match my dress if that’s okay with you?”
Her eyes had begun to glow a light shade of pink and her tone had a demanding and seductive quality to it. As she reached out and grabbed Kaji’s hand in greeting after touching him physically her innate demanding presence would transfer over by scent, touch, and sight. Kaji would feel compelled do as she requested. Kaji would notice she smelled really good and that she was a very attractive 17 year old girl but for some strange reason she was using the voice of a grown woman now.

((You have a 50/50 chance of being compelled by her innate powers to do whatever she asks you to do, feel free to make your own check a roll of 50 or less percent she wins, 51or higher you retain your natural free will, simply post your roll in your reply and we will continue from there.))

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
At first, the exchange was cringe-worthy for Kaji. While it was not his first time being stared at by hungry eyes, the last time he met a woman so emphatic with her demands, he nearly lost his head trying to escape her clutches. Uninterested in reliving the mistakes of his youth, Kaji held tight to his sensibilities, like a survivor at sea holding onto his raft in rolling seas. Her name was Mai, and she was the younger sister to one of his targets, the five Zyurangers. The young Lithia heiress was progressive in her dealings with Kaji, steadily advancing, and measuring how he’d serve in her ambitions for the night. Her teenage dream was quickly becoming a reality. As Mai’s ambitions became transparent, she also revealed one of her clan’s gifts: a potent power for seduction.

Rolled d100 for Pheremone Resistance Check: 76

But as a shinobi, and even more-so a dedicated ANBU, Kaji was trained in how to overcome the effects of psychoactive drugs and illusionary techniques to his foreseeable limit. He could feel her infectious presence seeping into his consciousness, and recognized it as a powerful pheromone meant to tamper with his instincts. She would have enslaved a lesser man with ease. Shinobi were those who endure, and Kaji would have to be a champion for the ideal in order to continue withstanding Mai’s intoxicating aura. Almost errantly, the struggling hero swung his head upwards, and made eye contact with the engaging teen girl. Her pupils were beginning to make a narrow dilation, and shimmering rose scales were forming from her once fair skin. Reluctantly, Kaji’s natural perceptive skills continued to ping noticeable changes in the girl’s physique and persona, and he slumped downward into his seat, as if he’d liquify any second. She was becoming more womanly, and the incredibly thorny vines of her ensnaring trap were still growing around Kaji.

“I am sure you will make a fine Warrior of Love someday, Mai” Kaji said encouragingly, and confidently considering how much trouble he was having against her. His strategy for the night became clouded amidst his efforts to overcome the mental haze, and for the time being, his aim was reduced to saving himself from the young Lithia’s control. In order to relieve himself from the nauseating sweetness, Kaji arose to a towering stance besides the girl, and felt a draft of passing desert wind. “My name is Okada Kaji” he admitted, “I am an adventurer from the east lands, and I have actually come to Kodachi no Tenchi as a fellow admirer of your heroes, the Zyurangers.” It was only a slight lie, but the words seemed like utter truth to the girl, when spoken through Kaji’s marble-smooth Maruishan (Upper-Iwagakurian) accent. “It would be my honor to attend the Gala tonight as your plus-one, Lady Lithia… Take me with you to the Gala” where Kaji’s target lay in waiting and comfort, “and your wish is my command.” Commited to his mission, Kaji dared to enter the dragon's den, knowing a path to salvation was hiding to the rear of it.

WC 519

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
30%

The young woman's powers had briefly surged to the surface making her a true predator in her own right. Unaffected but having noticed the brief surge of womanly confidence and coercion Kaji noted that as soon as he agreed to her request that she returned to her normal human state immediately and if her eyes were any indication has they still had a soft pink glow. The young lady did not even know she had invoked her will and her pheromonal prowess upon Kaji. It was quite likely she had no idea what she was capable of but her elder sister would be another matter altogether. A massive transport arrived with many people inside yet it sat upon the back of a giant lizard. Save for its armored appearance for all intents and purposes it was a giant iguana. There were no marks of abuse and it appeared to be well fed and watered. If Kaji looked closely before boarding the transport he would find oddities in the creatures eyes and he would also notice that the street was warm despite the sun having set. The sidewalks were concrete but the main streets were made up of something that retained heat and made them ideal for reptiles as it kept them warm and content day and night.

The girl giggled cheerfully as she boarded the lizard powered transport with Kaji in tow. She pulled him to a seat beside her and snuggled up to his arm and pointed to the map on the ceiling of the bus. "Thank you Okada Kaji, and this will be great, we get to dance and I will introduce you to my sister. First we need to stop by the mall and get you a proper outfit. I am picking mine up and YOU will be the first person to see me in it." There was no malice or pheromones in action and for all intents and purposes except for the light scales around her hairline she was truly a normal clingy teenage girl.

The transport transitioned smoothly and swiftly to a well constructed shopping district tucked all inside one building. A super mall and a teenager's paradise. She practically ran with Kaji in tow to the tailoring shop where she entered a dressing room while a store clerk stepped forward with measuring tap and pins. "Good evening sir, may I fit you for a suit or a kimono?"
ooc: please make an awareness check and post your results on your next post... I can't give you a % to shoot for but whatever you roll in percentile check will have meaning and this is nothing bad it is only for the turns and twists in your thread/adventure

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Once the Lithia heiress was satisfied, the grasp of her pheromone ability began to subside. Kaji returned to a clear state of mind, and it wasn’t a moment too soon. From there, Kaji would sustain a chummy rapport with Mai until a carriage arrived at their stop. The minutes felt like hours at that bus stop, until a large yellow reptile appeared at an intersection. Formerly known as the Iguanidae, a gigantified Iguana marched over to the young lady and the tourist tagging along with her. The iguana was a hulking beast with a stubby nose on a flat head, and empty eyes that were locked in a forty-yard stare. It was lined with a swirling green coloration, and a highly-developed physique. It didn’t seem too burdened by the weight of it’s saddle, or the load of passengers who mounted the beast.

Reluctantly, Kaji handed the driver a standard fare for his ride,  and climbed into the cabin of the transport beast. He took a seat besides Mai of course, being sure to maintain the friendliness that would bring him closer to the Zyurangers. Following his best instincts, Kaji was stoic during their passage to the shopping mall. The passengers aboard the transport seemed like decent people, and he did not see a look of burden on the face of the large lizard, or signs of cruelty shown by its rider. Warm runes stored between the saddle and cabin made the ride quite a comfortable experience.

Surprisingly, the trip was shorter than expected, and Kaji had arrived with Mai to the first mall he had ever seen. The Mall wall larger than any of the markets he visited in Maruishi, or abroad. The teenage girl was taking command of Kaji now; pulling him with a vice grip on his left hand to the tailor’s shop. Within, a tailor came to the gentlemanly shinobi, and Kaji welcomed the service the tailor was providing. Kaji ran his fingers along his suspenders, which released bits of desert dust. Though he appeared weathered from his travels, Kaji had taste and a conventional sense of style. “I’d say I’m a suit man” Kaji answered compliantly. “And would you try to include some pink accents for me? Perhaps a tie or the cuff-links. ” Kaji leaned closely to the tailor, and lowered the rest of his request to a whisper. “I beg of you... nothing too loud, please.”</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#408080">

Kaji rolled for Awareness: 1d20 = 12

WC: 403

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
32%
OOC: WONDERFUL awareness roll a d 100 would be better but 12/20 = 60/100 so 60% works great...

Kaji would notice that all of the people in the city were genuinely in a state of bliss and contentment. It was as if they did not know they were living in a desert. They were genuinely friendly and seemed completely distracted from what they were doing to the environment. Massive terraforming efforts were creating a modern area that both reptiles and humans could thrive in but the cost was the destruction of the immediate desert around them. Sand was being cycled into a specialized form of concrete. Plantlife were being altered to produce water saving gourds and fruits; deep bedrock was being altered to produce fertile soil for hydro farms that recycled water, dead animals, excess or pruned fauna, even criminals condoned to certain forms of death had their bodies returned to society in the form of an advanced mulch for farming. There was something off-setting about the way that life was cycled here as if the natural process was being altered in some manner that Kaji could not identify. As Kaji was fitted something else caught his senses, almost like a 6th sense... he was being envied, young men and older would glance his way as he walked with Mai and he could almost feel their hunger for her. She seemed to constantly attract men like bees to flowers or bears to honey. It was disconcerting at first but then he remembered her lineage gave her a huge advantage over men. Women all seemed to look away and cover their mouths and giggle as they walked by. Kaji would also notice he was one of the tallest men in the entire city. That and his endearing foreign features made him quite the attraction.

With swift ease Mai was dressed in a fine pink and white kimono that was modernized with a decisive yet unrevealing slit that allowed her to move in a genuine flowing manner.

Dressed to impress she would turn about and then eye Kaji and for a brief moment her eyes would glow a light pink and her scent would carry over all the men in the store. Strangely enough Kaji having defied it once was able to easily notice her presence and mentally block the feelings that her natural powers evoked. She was going to be hell on earth if she ever learned to control what she was doing.

"Well Kaji-saaan, how do I look?"

The tailor whom seemed immune to her powers as well would smile and nod before turning back to Kaji and winking. He whispered, "Be careful with her, her last three boyfriends got beat up pretty badly by her suitors."<i></i>
With an ease and skill that even a shinobi could appreciate a finely tailored dark grey suit with a pink and grey crested tie and matching shoes and socks was presented to Kaji. "The young lady already paid for your fitting and clothing when she entered, have fun at the gala."<i></i>

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kaji found a moment of reprieve when he stowed himself away in a fitting room, which was more like a stall. The adventurer was now changing into the fine clothing tailored to his design by a skilled clothier. But in this moment of privacy, he twisted one of the wooden blinds in the doorway, which created a hole for him to vigilantly watch the tailor’s shop. The city itself made Kaji’s skin crawl with it’s off-setting peculiarities, and he would not dare to turn his back on Kodachi no Tenchi. Large window-panes lined the front of the tailor’s shop, which had an abnormal amount of male window shoppers; surly types. The store also saw an increase in browsing customers since he arrived with Mai, and Kaji spied them as their heads turned wherever the young lady went in the store. But his memory prevailed, and he knew the cause for Mai’s many suitors; they were lesser men, weak to the call of her pheromones. The wife of one gentleman entered the shop, and began attacking her husband crazily before dragging him out of the place by his ear.

It only took a moment for Kaji to don the garments crafted for him by tailor. He was dapper, almost beyond recognition in the fine clothing. The smoke gray suit was as sharp as the edge of his saber, and the accents of light, salmon pink would meet the demands of Mai, who had the deep coffers to handle the cost of it all. All things considered, Kaji did appreciate her kindness, but did not let that distract him from his mission. The concerns of the Titan Lizard became clear to him as he considered the advancements of Kodachi no Tenchi as a civilization, and the implications it had for the future of the oasis haven’s Lizard Clan. His previous clothing was folded neatly on a bench provided in the stall. Outside of the stall, a few plumes of vapor fired out from above and below it as Kaji was utilizing the jutsu of an enchanted parchment scroll to devour his belongings into the void of another plane for as long as he needed. Yet, Kaji also used the moment to retrieve something from that space. The item summoning scroll fit snugly in his pouch, which was bunching up the back of his suit, so Kaji was forced to wear the coat unbuttoned.

When the stall opened, Kaji appeared satisfactorily for the musing girl to see, but he also added something for the prying eyes watching from behind every corner. A long saber was now attached at Kaji’s waist in an eel-skin scabbard. The crest and handle were crafted from steel and arcadianite, and a radiant emerald shined on the pommel.

Mai appeared at once, spinning in a flourishing move to show off the features of her Kimono. She was a genuinely adorable girl, pheromones or not. "Well Kaji-saaan, how do I look?" She was gazing at him with the look sheer excitement now, awaiting his compliments. But Kaji became distracted by the sound of a lurking prowler, who was pretending to browse the women’s section of the storefront, but was fawning over Mai. “You look exquisite.” Kaji gave her another automated response as his mind worked on following the next steps of his plan.
“I’d wager that you’ll be the belle of the ball, tonight.”   

The tailor seemed satisfied with the product of his work on both Kaji and Mai, and came to Kaji with a warning of sorts. "Be careful with her, her last three boyfriends got beat up pretty badly by her suitors." Kaji merely pat the hilt of his sword confidently in reply to the warning, sure that he wouldn’t take such a beating by commoners. However, the keen adventurer had no interest in tussling in the streets with Mai’s many suitors.

“Thanks, I will keep that in mind” Kaji answered politely. “And speaking of the Gala, we are a bit pressed for time…” Kaji turned to glance suggestively outside, and back to the tailor. “Would you happen to know a short-cut out of here? I’d hate to ruin this sporty suit before showing it at the party tonight.”

WC: 701

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The tailor whom was somehow immune to the affects of Mai's presence gave an old sly smile with a wink that even Kaji would recognize as that of a man whom had escaped his wife on more than one occasion. "I do have a turbolift powered by air currents. It will send you straight to the beast pens where the lizards rest before switching between transportation and daily grazing. If you have a strong pair of legs you can catch yourself on the landing along with the young mistress but I must remind you not to get in between the cerapods and their field greens. They may not eat meat but they are not above headbutting anyone that they think might steal their food." He motioned to a large store room with coats, and dresses set aside for alterations and a rather well kept but obviously antique service tube that shuttled products on pockets of dry air. After showing Kaji what he meant he gave Kaji time to decide whether he would walk out of the mall normally or take the escape chute to the cerapod chute & feed room. The air was clean here and had a fresh desert scent so it was obvious where the air was cycled from but not a drop of sand touched the inside of this cylinder. The flooring of the service pad was spongey and absorbent obviously to absorb impacts.

Your choice to exit the mall normally or make a dramatic escape to a dinosaur holding and release area

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It is a fair assumption if you believe that Kaji Okada is a man who seeks opportunity. He is a pragmatist, always seeking the most logical and plausible solution when presented with a problem. His latest inquiry has resulted in the tailor revealing an alternative escape route, though it wasn’t quite the kind Kaji imagined. Under any other circumstance he would have chosen the tailor’s escape hatch, but tonight Kaji had to account for Mai, as well. He was weighing the variables now, placing the chances of a fight against commoners, versus the odds that he would falter while trying to make it out of the beast pins with the Lithia heiress. There was also the factor that it might alert her to his mission much earlier than planned, ultimately making his mission more difficult. And, what if Mai did not want to go his way?

“Well… Normally that would be ideal, but I shouldn’t risk Mai’s safety in the turbo lift. And one small slip in the beast pin, and our new outfits could be ruined.” Kaji picked a knot of lint from his sleeve, and looked to the tailor again with some faux admiration, appreciative of the effort at least. “Thank you for all of your help this evening; for the clothing, and more. I’ll keep your advice in mind tonight, but I think I can handle a few riled-up commoners. A good shot to one of them will send the rest of the bunch spinning on their heels.”

Kaji then made a last adjustment to the holster of his saber to make a better fit. He was sure that he could make it to the Gala with the girl without losing his cool or his entire cover, but it might not come without a little difficulty. He was a veteran and knew how to win restraint, and planned to pave their way to the gala without undue bloodshed. He prayed that The Five would grant him even passage, and turned to seek out the girl. ”Hey Mai, are you ready to take off?”

WC: 346

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Mai giggled like a schoolgirl because she was. This was her first year at the university since leaving high school two months ago. She had not even noticed that she had come into the start of her family powers. She had been so awkward in school that she had never had anything go her way but her sister had always been perfect. Prettier, stronger, faster, but now Mai would show Mei who was boss as she took Kaji's hand the way royalty would interact with their most trusted and beloved. With her hand over his and leaning against his shoulder she swooned with the heady heights of excitement. Her escort was tall, stately, fit and above all FOREIGN which meant he didn't have to obey the city rules of no contact. Kaji could be her first kiss and in front of her sister. MAI COULD NOT WAIT!! As she took Kaji's hand beneath her own her eyes became pink and reptilian the scales that lined her hairline glowed ever so briefly before subsiding along with the look in her eyes. As they strode from the tailors boutique it was as if they were movie stars. Crowds parted, girls that knew Mai cheered, girls that did not like Mai eyed Kaji like he was a steak dinner and they had not eaten in weeks. Men genuinely stood back because even though they would rather be on Mai's arm something about Kaji's height and bearing let the primitive instinctive side of them know he was not within their league at all. As they exited the Mall some roaming media took pictures for the local newspaper. The headlines would read on the evening news "LADY LITHIA MAI and her dashing escort paint the city PINK"

A large lizard with an open carriage and a well weathered driver in conventional leathers with a well made tie and a desert wrap upon his head would pull up as they exited the main entrance.. he would nod and smile as he opened the carriage door and extended the steps. It was time for the Gala and for Mai a confrontation with her sister Mei. This was the stuff that dreams were made of for her. As they sat down Mai would lean into Kaji taking some of his body heat as she whispered... "Thank you for aiding me like this. The men in this city are afraid of my sister and her boyfriend so I have never been on a real date with such a gentlemen. If it is okay with you later tonight during the dance might I have a kiss?"<i></i>

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back