Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The eyes behind the mask [tutor]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryuichi sat quietly on a high tree branch in the Nimbus Delectatio. His multi-colored jacket that seemed to completely contradict the art of stealth simply waved with the icey cold kumo breeze, and his mass of messy snow white hair would do the same. He wore a mask of the ANBU in Training, and behind that mask were two red glowing orbs. In his right hand was a black katana, held in a sheath so dark it looked as if made from shadows. In his left was a slip of paper requesting a training session.

'Raiden damn it all. I've never gone and taught anyone before...and another Uchiha at that.' He cursed himself in his own head. 'I suppose here I just show off what I can do, and how I do it.....right?'

Ryuichi ran a hand through his hair and sighed through his mask with annoyance. He was just lucky he was getting official pay for something like this, as well as a chance to train his visual prowess against another. Regardless he sat on top of the tree, waiting and watching. The first test given to the other Uchiha on their way to him was an easy one....just to find him.

Mishiku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy who taught the veteran.

It was clear that Mishiku wanted to refine his sword play, he never intended to have his short sword be his end all be all when it came to combat but he felt it was a necessary tool and skill to have as a shinobi. Within one of the Torre Celeste buildings, Mishiku came across some sort of advertisement for weapons training and figured he would sign up for a class. He was already proficient and attuned to his weapon but he could also learn more, there was always room to improve, no matter how skilled you were.

Mishiku entered the ancient forest, the directions to the training session was unclear just a general area of where the instructor would be at. Mishiku continued to walk through the forest trail but decided to go off the trail, enjoying the additional shade the less traveled route brought. Mishiku continued his search until he came across an oak tree that looked much larger and older then the trees adjacent to it. He was to move onward until something caught his eye that didn’t fit with the rest of the environment, well a couple of things, he noticed a multicolored….jacket? Mishiku walked closer to the large tree keeping his gaze towards the top of the tree and noticed a mess of white hair, this must of been his instructor. It looked as if this person was part of the ANBU as Mishiku recognized the same attire that he would wear if he was on duty but Mishiku was wearing his casual clothes, A grey hoodie and black sweatpants with matching boots, his sword sheathed and attached behind his waist.

The person’s back was turned and it looked as if they didn’t recognize that Mishiku was behind them. Mishiku yelled so the person would hear him through the harsh cool breeze.

“I’m guessing you’re my instructor for today?” Mishiku asked.

He couldn’t tell if the instructor was male or female since their back was facing him but he would soon find out. If anything he would learn if they were part of his ANBU unit or not.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryuichi had noticed the arrival of the elder AiT from the start, due to him not trying to restrain his pressence or chakra. However, he didn't respond up until he was met with the voice belonging to the new presence from behind.

He spun around on the tree branch, and smiles through his mask, despite that not being seen through it. "That's right. I'm Codename: Matcha. ANBU in Training, and owner of the sharingan. I'm not exactly a huge expert on teaching others, but I'll do what I can do show off my fighting style. Let's go to the ground, eh?" He said, doing a backflip to land on the ground. Upon landing he quickly pulled out a scroll from his sleeve, and layed it on the ground, allowing two wooden swords to fly out. One into Ryuichi's hand, and the other flying towards the new arrival.

"I'm gonna make this quick and easy. I'm not the best with taijutsu, or genjutsu but I know how to weave them together seamlessly. I want you to fight me as you would normally. Focusing on my weapon. You make the first move, and we can demonstrate." He says, tapping his sparring weapon on the ground. "And remember. No genjutsu just yet. I can't teach when I can't even focus."

Mishiku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“You gotta be kidding me….” Mishiku thought to himself as the figure turned around to show that his instruction was a mere boy, a teenager! This was his instructor? He figured that the instructor would be around his age or older but now he realized that anyone could teach someone if they believed they had the skills. Mishiku would soon find out.

The boy sounded so proud of being part of the Uchiha clan by introducing himself as an owner of the sharingan. Maybe it was just Mishiku but he normally didn’t broadcast his abilities due to some people having disdain towards the Uchiha clan, the Uchiha did have a pretty dark past and there were incidents shinobi were so envious of the sharingan that they would kidnap members of the clan and steal their very eyes to transplant the sharingan. No, he preferred to keep it to himself but he figured the boy would know Mishiku was part of his clan if he read his ANBU file, which only ANBU and Sennin had access to viewing.

The boy pulled out a scroll and two training swords were summoned, Mishiku casually grabbed the weapon and began to inspect it. The sword had a little more weight to it then Mishiku’s own weapon but he figured he would get adjusted to it throughout the session. The boy was honest about his skills with not being the best sword fighter but he explained that he could seamlessly weave his genjutsu and sword strikes simultaneously.

The boy instructed Mishiku to make the first move, Mishiku flipped the wooden sword into his signature unorthodox reverse grip, however, the guard of the sword made the sword feel awkward in his grip but he decided to push through his consciousness rejection of the heavier weapon. Mishiku took a large front stance angling his sword to strike in an upward 45 degree angle towards the left side of the boy’s body. The strike was highly unorthodox thanks to the grip of his weapon and it normally threw his opponents off but that was the first part of the strike.

He made sure not to use the full extent of his strength, speed, or even the sharingan just yet. He was just training after all and he figured he would teach the boy some new things as well since they were part of the same clan and Mishiku wanted the best for his clansmen. If anything the boy would take something from their training session and apply it to his skillset.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Seeing a look of annoyance on Mishiku's face, Ryuichi had guessed why he was upset. While it was true that he was younger than many, he always seemed to ignore age when it came to power and skill. He's known people younger than him who rival the kage as well as people older than him that he could stomp. Regardless, he took a few seconds to look around and get a grasp on their current location.

Right now they stood in a small clearing, only about 20 square feet large with one tree near the middle. At their feet was a mass of unkept vegetation, mostly consisting of types of fungus and grass. Above them were the leaves hanging off of the surrounding trees, blocking most of the sunlight from the sky to filter in. After taking in these surroundings, Ryuichi went into his taijutsu stance, and prepared for any attack that would come his way. When Mishi charged, he was quick to answer. Instead of directly blocking the attack, he met it with his own angled swing, attempting to strike it back before throwing his sword in the air. It spun several times before landing back in his grasp in his opposite hand.

Should any more strikes come towards the boy, he would do the same. Block with an equally aggressive maneuver, then switch hands with the weapon, always making sure to do it with some kind of exaggerated movement. Every time he did, a sharp mind would notice the movements were entirely designed to direct the focus of a target into his red eyes. As well as that, these movements were never the same way each time. At one time he could throw it to the other with a little twirl easy as that, while another he could stab the wooden tool into the ground, levering his body off of it to avoid an attack and pulling it out with his other.

After a while, Mishiku may notice some kind of change. Maybe he would tell that after a few times, his arms felt heavier or his weapon seemed to become hot to the touch. It really depended on his resistance to genjutsu, but in any case he would at least notice that they were attempting to breach his mental barrier.

Ryuichi jumped backwards after a few more examples, 'landing' on a tree trunk sideways, and using chakra to stick onto it.

"That's enough, don't ya think?" He said, holding the wooden practice tool in his hand by the faux blade. "If you think so, do you understand what I'm doing?"

Mishiku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy's blocks and parry's were spot on with Mishiku's stirkes with the help of the sharingan. Although his movements were more traditional, Mishiku recognized that the boy's movements were directing Mishiku's gaze into the sharingan. Mishiku couldn't help but to show a slight grin, he was glad the boy learned how to properly use the Sharingan. After each strike, Mishiku could feel the slow burning sensation in his hand that wielded the training saber.

"I was worried that you didn't know how to use your abilities properly. I was beginning to think that you actually weave handsigns for your genjutsu in the middle of a battle." Mishiku said as the boy jumped up to a nearby tree branch and stood motionless upside down. "Let's even the score, shall we boy?" Mishiku said as he activated his sharingan and reversed the genjutsu over to the young ANBU, he too would now feel a burning sensation in his hand. The sharingan also had the ability of reversing Genjutsu if the user was aware of being within one, this was an ability that proved invaluable in the ancient wars the Uchiha clan would partake in against rivaling clans.

"How far have you progressed your sharingan? Were you self taught or did your parents teach you the ways of our doujutsu?" Mishiku inquired, he was genuinely interested to see how far the boy had come and if he needed further guidance in awakening the full extent of his Uchiha abilities. Mishiku however never intended to take it upon himself to be the boy's master, hell, he just wanted to help the young AIT especially if this kid was in the same unit as him. Mishiku leaned up against the tree that the boy was perched up on, his wooden sword resting on his shoulder.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryuichi let out a sigh as his weapon heat up to an extreme extent, and simply dropped it to the ground. "First off, I thought I told you not to put genjutsu on me. That'll hurt your score." He said, holding up one finger, just as his own sensei did when he had to state multiple points. "Two, don't call me boy. We're both ninja here. A ten year old genin still deserves the respect that a 20 year old genin gets. Same goes for any rank." He held up the second as he finished. "And third, I'm self taught. My mom was a foreigner, and she vanished when I was a baby, only leaving me these eyes. I'm not a part of any clan, and I don't consider myself an Uchiha. I just happen to have their gift."

He held up a hand seal to release the genjutsu placed on him, then jumped onto the solid ground. "Alright here. Now it's your turn. I'm going on the full defensive. You just need to land one physical attack on me to pass, and we can be done here." He says, before flashing three hand seals, pausing, then using three more. The rocks at his feet began to lift off the ground, and float around him, and the hair not obscured by his mask float around above his head, as if underwater. He began to stand on the toes of one foot, easily jumping up and down a decent height, as if he was nearly weightless. "Also. If you wanna give it your all....then match these eyes, why don't ya?"

As he says this his black tomoe in his sharingan were sucked into his pupil, and four points formed in their absence, growing outwards in his eye before mutating further into...."Mangekyo!"

With that he began jumping from tree to tree in the area effortlessly, in a random pattern around Mishiku, always being sure to jump directly past him to give him a chance to land an attack, despite the altered gravity around him making that an extremely difficult task on it's own.

Mishiku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy was clearly displeased with Mishiku reversing the Genjutsu back on the AIT, he didn't know the boy was actually taking this tutoring session seriously. The boy was even further agitated when Mishiku referred to him as a "boy", even though he was still a kid but the AIT had a point, it didn't matter on the age of the shinobi, whenever someone dedicates themselves to the village they are no longer recognized as just a child but a shinobi and a warrior in the village, especially if they were enlisted in the ANBU which the boy was. "You are right, respect is earned no matter the rank." Mishiku agreed with the boy. The AIT went further into his backstory but believed even though he had the sharingan he didn't consider himself a part of the clan despite bearing the gift of being a member of the clan, it made no sense to Mishiku at all. "You do realize that the clan would accept you as one of our own do you not? The Uchiha clan despite it's imperfections and curses, they look after their own and take good care of each other. It is one of the few commendable traits we have." Mishiku explained, even though he had his issues with the clan he had to give credit to the close family ties the Uchiha clan created for Mishiku but that's far as the respect went to the clan.

The boy then activated the Mangekyou sharingan and told Mishiku to come at him seriously and to match his eyes. "Mangekyou?" Mishiku thought to himself. He never achieved the Mangekyou sharingan but his elder brother and father had and with them achieving the form Mishiku was left being the one left behind and the one that was a "disgrace" to the family in his brother's words. However, due to him being his elder brother's training partner and with the help of his father's training on the side, Mishiku had pushed his normal sharingan eyes to contend with the Mangekyou. "Remember this Mishiku, the swordsmen can still be defeated by the peasant with a rock if the peasant has become a master with the rock." Mishiku's father used to always to him. "I don't have the Mangekyou, but I can more then make up for it with my own eyes!" Mishiku said, as his stance shifted and chakra levels flared with a burning intensity.

He chased the boy through the trees, matching his movements thanks to the sharingan and skill of facing off against his other family members who had the famous Mangekyou Sharingan. Mishiku struck hard with his training saber, the AIT would no doubt feel the dramatic shift of speed and power Mishiku displayed then what was previously shown. Mishiku matched the tutor's hits blow for blow, whenever the boy would attempt to gain distance, Mishiku would catch up to him, not missing a beat and keeping the AIT on the defensive. The boy's defense was superb despite Mishiku getting more serious, the AIT matched his speed, maybe not his power but his speed definitely. Mishiku could barely contain a smile, "You are no doubt a fine swordsmen." Mishiku said as he continued to follow up instantly with another strike as if it was part of a thirty hit combo.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryuichi simply frowned at Michi throughout the final stretch of the lesson, despite his mask hiding that fact. First he acts all tough, then he goes and forgets the entire point of the lesson. Ryu dropped his sword to the ground and put his hands into his pockets in his jacket while the Uchiha man made his assault. "Sad." He said simply, while flipping over one of his sword swings effortlessly, onto the side of a tree in order to pounce off back to where he was before. In this moment he put a basic illusory clone onto the other Uchiha, from here on out leading him on with the nonexistent copy while the original kept himself on the tree, cloaking himself with an active camo jutsu.

With a glare, and a sigh the clone Ryu was able to talk in between the sword swings his fellow nin would send out. "I simply don't have a desire for a clan. If I get strong, I want it to be of my own accord, and standards. Not those of clansman, or the expectations from others." He sidestepped another swing. "Plus, being in a clan gives you an easily manipulative mindset. 'I must be better than my clan mates, I must strive to be the best, or I'll be the worst by default.'. That kind of stuff isn't just friendly rivalry, it's obsessive." He ducked under yet another swing.

"So obsessive, that I think I already have you like putty in my fingers. I saw how tense you became when you saw these eyes."
He jumped up to a tree branch in order to have an extra moment to speak. "I also see how you don't have them yourself. Could it be that very same clansman rivalry is going on with you? Because of these eyes." He said, letting his mangekyo turn back into base sharingan, then normal eyes. "Aside from that, you fail. The point of this was to get you to attempt to slow me down with genjutsu. When an opponent has no many methods of avoiding physical assault, you need a work around. Not sure if you noticed, but...'this' me is a clone." With that, he vanished and the real Ryuichi jumped down from a completely different tree.

"I'll be seeing you again for another lesson on genjutsu weaving in the future if you wish. Plus....the method to unlock these eyes. If you really need the help." he said plainly, all of his active jutsu stopping.

Then he just simply walked off. Nothing more to say, or do. He had promised to pick up eggs and bring them home before dinner time came up, and he wasn't going to let some extra training get in his way.

[post 5/5]
WC: 203 + 217 + 433 + 351 + 458 = 1662

Mishiku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Mishiku was caught up in his past with the sight of seeing the boy's mangekyou sharingan. It had been so long since he faced one but it brought all too many memories for Mishiku on what he had to endure and learn by facing against the mangekyou sharingan. He was so caught up in his feelings that he was foolish enough to believe the boy he was fighting was really a genjutsu while the real boy was back at the same tree he was originally standing on. The boy displayed his disappointment and made his way to leave the forest obviously done with the tutor lesson. Mishiku scoffed at what the boy said, "We shall see." Mishiku said as he ignored the boy's jabs at him, Mishiku knew he was descent in genjutsu especially when facing the Mangekyou Sharingan with his regular sharingan. He backtracked his way to the main dirt road and made his way back to his apartment, his mission was only a few days away and he had to make sure he was in perfect condition for the long mission, all he knew was it was to be an undercover mission but that is as far as he knew.

[Topic Left]
[Tutor Completed]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back