Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The First Address [ Mini - Event ]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Are you ready, raikage-sama." Hitomi said as he presented the scroll to Shin. He was wearing the ceremonial robes that have been passed down from generation to generation and still strong as ever. The robe shared the same design as his normal robes carrying the cloud symbol except now there were many symbol embossed all over like rugged carpet. On his sides, waist and neck white scarfs that draped over his body. 

"I am ready as I will ever be, Hitomi-san." Shin said. His hand was gripping a wide pyramid shaped hat that was graywith a white patch at the center and on the white patch were the words in "Honor" and "Glory" spelled in ancient kumo. He placed the hat on his head completing his ensemble. His ensemble covered most of his body making him looked majestic and mysterious like the ominous clouds. 

Hitomi was taken aback as his appearance still not used to Shin wearing those clothes. He looked so much different as if she was looking at a different person. Her eyes seemed to glare as him intensively not wishing to look away. 

"How do I look?" Shin said in a jocular way. A wide smile can be seen underneath his heavy clothing.

"As expected of you raikage-sama." Hitomi said with blushed cheeks. "Lets not keep the people waiting.

"Of course, shall we." Shin said with a gentle grin as offered a gesture to the double-sided door. Shin walked over and pushed the two doors open. They were greeted by the caustic blaze of the sun that hovered over their heads and the ANBU guards that stood by. Hitomi and Shin were at the highest balcony of Torre Celeste. The sonorous bellows of the people could be heard from where they stood.  

Hitomi walked over near the edge of the balcony as she activated her hidden headset in her eardrum.

"Shinobi and kunochi of Kumogakure. I here by present you the eight raikage of Kumogakure, Hayata Shin." She said as he moved aside to let Shin walk forward.

"Good afternoon, my beloved people of Kumogakure. We are living in difficult times in which we remain strong in our values as shinobi of this country. You are aware of the devastation that has plague many of our neighboring nations -- Konohagkure no Sato and Kirigakure no Sato.  We, as people of honor, have offered our homes to these refugees but there are those who seek nothing but our destruction. It is because of this that we are forced to shut our gate from the outside word. Even though it has come to this it will not be so forever. You have trusted me to be your kage and I hope that you will continue to trust me to mitigate our foreign affairs. I have proposed by council to have an audience with the leadership of our neighboring shinobi nations to come to a compromise and if it may not be so we will do what we must to protect our nation.  

Besides our issues with our neighbors, we should not be ignorant of our problems among ourselves. We must be cognizant of who we are as shinobi. A shinobi is not mere an individual or weapon but a symbol to our nation. We are the hovering clouds that guide and protect our people. We, as shinobi and kunochi, are blessed with understanding the use of chakra and we should use it to the betterment of our species. We are the stepping stone and evolution of humanity and as such no shinobi or kunochi should see themselves better, any other thought would be considered blasphemous and dishonorable of that all that is we stand for. Even as your raikage am the least among you, I am here to serve you and not the other way around and you should all have the same mindset. 

There are those among us who do not see these revelations and seek nothing but selfish gain. We should not cast them aside for if we are one we cannot deny ourselves. If a shinobi or kunochi goes rouge our first thoughts should not be to seek vengeance for betrayal but redemption because any shinobi or kunochi from this village is a symbol of honor. For those of you who have thought of going rogue do not feel judged for I had the same way you have felt before. There are times in the past where I felt the need to run; we are human and there is nothing wrong with that. In fact, in our humility is where we can find our true strength not in the power of our jutsu. This is not to say that we should ignore our personal problems but we should confront them with honor and boldness together. Despite all this, we must remember not to allow ourselves to be corrupted by our desires for we can be our own greatest enemy.

Besides the village we must also look at our nations. Over the many centuries Kumogakure have been in a struggle with our people. We have gone through many civil wars and I know some us remember the demonic invasion that plague our lands, let us not forget the recent ventures of the Kingslayers. The people of lightning country have every right to be afraid of us, even despise us. Yet, we should not let these words define us. We should continue to allow our actions speak for themselves. We do not seek the accolades of men but we do what we do because that is who we are. Does the sun stop shining in the desert merely because a man has cursed at it? No, neither should we stop because of men.

Yes, we serve for monetary gain but let that not be your motivation because at the end of the day honor is more valuable than silver and gold. Since, I have brought up monetary gain I would like to transition into our economics. Despite my expertise in providing stable clients for our village, we are still lacking in contracts. Our economy has been on a standstill ever since Shogun Shinrai had returned to his seat. He has done his best to put the village in good standings with the country considering being one of us at one time. However, people are more inclined to seek aid from the imperial guard than the shinobi. To bolster our efforts, I suggest we provide more stations to our surrounding regions providing security to smaller villages and metropolis in the country with minimal cost Also, we should consider lowering our contract prices for the time being. We need to regain our trust before we can regain our profits. I will be communicating with Chancellor Ami about this project and I hope that some of you will be interested in participating in this project.

Furthermore, to solidify this address, I would like to add that any kage after me should seek to give an address twice a year as I will. The purpose of these address will serve as guide to the village and the kage as to where we are heading and to reflect on where we have been. All address will be recorded through writing and audibly. As I speak this address will be recorded for you all to reflect on. 

Moreover, I would like to request your forgiveness for my present failures as your raikage. I know I have made erroneous decisions and my weaknesses have impact negatively upon the village. But I can assure you that I will be better. I will continue to serve you as raikage to the day I die or even when I am relieved as your raikage.

To conclude, I beseech you all to continue to honor one another and show the world what it means to be a shinobi and kunochi of Kumogakure no Sato
"

With that Shin concluding with the soothing tongue of ancient kumo : "Δόξα , την ειρήνη και την τιμή νασας γνωρίσω όλους", which meant glory, peace and honor to you all.
comments said:
You can assume that your PC/NPC is already in this topic. Feel free to give your character's thoughts and concerns about what Shin has said. Once you made your post just include your exit tag at the end.

Daigo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
ooc: Sorry Kane, you’re right. I forgot that I didn’t edit this. You were right to skip me.
Today was meant to be a great day indeed. The masses of cloud had gathered to hear the village’s leader address any issues that might have weighed heavily on their collective minds. Taxes, rumors of conflicts with other villages, and the economy in general were but a few of the issues that brought the masses to the doorstep of the Raikage’s tower. Like insects who’ve smelt sweet nectar, the populous huddled beneath or near the highest balcony of the tower awaiting their beloved, feared, or despised leader. No doubt, there was a certain amount of mixed feelings from those in the crowd. Such was life however. Regardless of whom you’ve pleased, there would always be someone that was dissatisfied with the work that had been done. The thunderous chatter being generated from the public soon quieted down to a whisper as their leader stepped onto the balcony.

A gentle breeze washed over the bone head’s face as he laid on the highest roof of a red and black color schemed pagoda building. The pagoda was a tall building indeed, being only a few stories short of the Raikage’s tower. It was there that Daisuke and his contract companions decided to rest and await his childhood friend’s speech. Public speaking was a ration fear that Daisuke had, in fact many people had it. It was for that reason that he just could not understand how Shin was able to do it so well. Taking a deep breath, Daisuke prepared to capture what was bound to be a historical moment for better or worse in his memory. Daisuke’s wolf pack began to make speculations regarding what Shin might address and what he might attempt to sweep under the rug. He would shush them just as Shin began his speech.

Shin’s speech was sincere and truthful, at least by Daisuke’s account. Shin discussed the closed door policy for leaf and mist refugees and the reason behind it, which was not something new. For many years, there have always been those who entered Kumogakure under the guise of peace, only to start wreaking havoc later on. It happened even as a child, when a crazed man named Sarunishi claimed himself a kage. In addition, there was a time where a rumor spread about a leaf ninja who killed a raikage then went to konoha only to be promoted for doing so. Then, there was the rogue cloud ninja Enishi, known as one of the worst villains ever to come from cloud village.

Ever since then, it has been a constant occurrence and annoyance, that whenever a few foreign ninja entered cloud... someone would end up getting hurt. He was not bias nor did he believe that all foreign ninja were bad. It was just evident to Daisuke that some foreign shinobi, whether they be mercenaries or missing ninja, thought of Kumogakure as their personal playground of mayhem. It was these past experiences that helped form Daisuke’s opinion of indifference regarding the closed door policy.

The former bookworm then went on to speak up about the issue of how to handle the would be traitors of Kumogakure. He demanded that these runners; these traitorous scumbags be showed compassion as well as be offered a chance at redemption. Daisuke began to clench his jaw and make a fist. While Daisuke could imagine Shin’s decision becoming from a place of empathy, he could not help but think that the leader of the shinobi village was making a mistake. The kaguya’s opinion on this matter was simple. Should a ninja decide to separate themselves from cloud then go through the correct channels and become a mercenary. If a person successful ran away from the village that sheltered them from the storms, feed them, clothed them, and presented them with a decent wage along with god like powers, then fuck them all.

Let them be free, away... from cloud village. No one needed nor desired people like them serving the country. Their presence and assistance was both unwanted and unwelcomed in his mind. As for corruption, Daisuke had allowed his desire to protect cloud to lead him down a dark path. A kinjutsu as well as a sealed demonic spirit inside him as the result. He has been fighting it ever since, even within his own hospital. The sun’s warm light shone down on his face as he laid there looking at Shin from afar and hearing his speech.

Shin transitioned from corruption to reflection. Reflection on those events of the past which caused the populous in lightning country to fear Kumogakure. The demon invasion, the anbu uprising (october plot), the Bear-Marsh war, the king slayer. It all came rushing back to him. Some of these events made him change his ways. Before he just wanted to be a protector of the village. He wanted power, but had no real purpose for gaining it. All the killing and the missions; all the training and preparation lead him to stop killing needlessly; to stop desiring power without a true cause. Daisuke needed a righteous cause to stand for, a cause to help persuade the populous of the country to put their faith in them. But how could they do such a thing when they already prefer the imperial guards to ninjas.

The Raikage’s last address was in regards to the fact that the people did not wish to involve them selves with the ninja community. Shin wanted to lower contract prices to compete with our competitors and establish stations around the outer village area to spread kumo’s influence. Daisuke had an idea of his own on how to help boost profits. Some of which were actually illegal. Wait, what did Shin say about desires and corruption again? The upcoming meeting he had to attend to would bring about a change within Daisuke and it all started here.​

[topic entered and left] * leads into a topic for character development

Yomoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kein2.png
Yomoprofile.png
hisagi+nnq.jpg

(OOC1: from left to right: Ushiromayu Kein (DA,DS), Jeada Yomoko (Haku), Jeada Shino (Haku, DS)
(OOC2: Its been 4 days Daisuke... sorry I don't like waiting much longer)

The trio walked out of the Haku complex, Yomoko in front with Kein on his left and Shino on his right. The three would be attending a special event this day. Something that Yomoko believed, should have happened a while ago. The leadership in cloud was shaky at best and Shin's more recent moves hadn't helped his situation any. Yomoko was starting to distrust the man he had grown into being the leader of the village. He had watched the hands of Raikage change from Shinbatsu to Koumyou to Shin. He had watched Sennins rise and fall in all three branches. In all honesty, Yomoko though Shin should have stayed the Main Branch Sennin. He worked well there and did a good job keeping the branch in order. However did he think Shin was cut out to be the Kage... no and especially not this length of time.

The three appeared in the square along with most of the village and listened to the speech in its entirety. Dissecting his words, memorizing them. For these words would be used against him soon enough. Yomoko looked to his two followers. Kein and Shino looked to him and nodded their heads. After Shin finished his speech it was time to go. The Kage would be confronted on a different day for sure, but not today. Not with his loyal subjects standing guard."Cut off the Haku funding of the village and any ties we have to it. Raise all taxes we collect from services from the village itself. The Haku clan is going to move on from this village. Make preparations to leave as soon as possible. Tell the clansmen they have the choice to follow us out of the village or to stay here under the leadership of the Uchiha Kage. They shall not be punished for their decision as this has been our home for a long time now. Do this quickly you two." Yomoko spoke to them in a hushed tone before looked back up at Shin. Whether the Kage noticed the Haku or not didn't matter. This village was on the verge of self destruction if Shin had to make an announcement like this. It was time for Yomoko to move his clan on. Maybe to a different village. Or maybe just to a different land. Kein and Shino spoke in unison "Hai Yomoko-dono." "Hai Yomoko-dono" as they both dispersed from his sight immediately.

Things were changing around here....

[INPC's topic entered and topic left unless stopped]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ai sat up on top of one of the nearby rooftops looking down at the crowd who had gathered in front of the Torre Celeste. To his left and right sat some older kids, other shinobi of the Cloud village, and some pigeons. He had taken this perch because the sound of the crowd had attracted him, but personal experience had advised against putting himself in such a crowded area. If he were honest, Ai would tell you he had no idea why this crowd had showed up. In the past week he had been busy doing his job for Haruka-chan! But soon enough, not to far away from where he was sitting, a man came out to the balcony. "An address?" he questioned. Never before had this happened before.

Good afternoon, my beloved people of Kumogakure. We are living in difficult times in which we remain strong in our values as shinobi of this country. You are aware of the devastation that has plague many of our neighboring nations -- Konohagkure no Sato and Kirigakure no Sato. We, as people of honor, have offered our homes to these refugees but there are those who seek nothing but our destruction. It is because of this that we are forced to shut our gate from the outside word. Even though it has come to this it will not be so forever. You have trusted me to be your kage and I hope that you will continue to trust me to mitigate our foreign affairs. I have proposed by council to have an audience with the leadership of our neighboring shinobi nations to come to a compromise and if it may not be so we will do what we must to protect our nation.

ojqQmBc.gif

Ai hadn't really been paying attention to world events, but no one could ignore the sudden influx of visitors from abroad. After all, he had let many inside himself when he was on duty at the gate. But as Shin continued, he said something rather peculiar; something that conflicted with the knowledge that Ai knew about the chain of command and succession. He turned a kunoichi on his left and peered up at her with those adorable blue eyes. "Since when did we get to choose our Raikage, something happen that I'm not aware of?" he asked. She just looked at him with a shrug. "I think that's him using political speak. We are kinda forced to trust him since we don't pick who leads us."

Besides our issues with our neighbors, we should not be ignorant of our problems among ourselves. We must be cognizant of who we are as shinobi. A shinobi is not mere an individual or weapon but a symbol to our nation. We are the hovering clouds that guide and protect our people. We, as shinobi and kunochi, are blessed with understanding the use of chakra and we should use it to the betterment of our species. We are the stepping stone and evolution of humanity and as such no shinobi or kunochi should see themselves better, any other thought would be considered blasphemous and dishonorable of that all that is we stand for. Even as your raikage am the least among you, I am here to serve you and not the other way around and you should all have the same mindset.

"I'm so confused..." Ai whined. His entire time in the academy and for all the years he had been a genin and chunin, there was one thing drilled into his mind. "You are a tool. You are an expendable pawn in service of the village and the Raikage." he recited in his head.

Not only that but Ai looked down at his hands. "But we are better." he said in a low tone, looking once again to the woman next to him. "You and I could kill ever person down in that square in the blink of an eye. Why does our Raikage want us to pretend we are no better than them? I trained to be better than them. I trained and trained so that I could be the best at what I do..." he trailed. The woman just looked at him, almost sympathetically. Ai spoke up again. "He's the Raikage! He isn't meant to serve. He is meant to lead us all to victory and prosperity!"

"Apparently not." responded the woman.

There are those among us who do not see these revelations and seek nothing but selfish gain. We should not cast them aside for if we are one we cannot deny ourselves. If a shinobi or kunochi goes rouge our first thoughts should not be to seek vengeance for betrayal but redemption because any shinobi or kunochi from this village is a symbol of honor. For those of you who have thought of going rogue do not feel judged for I had the same way you have felt before. There are times in the past where I felt the need to run; we are human and there is nothing wrong with that. In fact, in our humility is where we can find our true strength not in the power of our jutsu. This is not to say that we should ignore our personal problems but we should confront them with honor and boldness together. Despite all this, we must remember not to allow ourselves to be corrupted by our desires for we can be our own greatest enemy.

19eRxCO.gif

"The moment they abandoned the village their honor is tarnished. The Raikage can preach all he wants, but to abandon your duty is dishonorable. They are a disgrace to the village; better to be put down to let live."

Ai's face hardened as he looked at the man. "He doesn't understand humanity at all." he spoke, now in a cold tone. "Desire is the most powerful force on the earth. Take away desire and you take away anyone's will to live." he said, his thoughts going back to the faces of each of those he had taken the life of. Each had put up a fight, tried to escape, tried to kill him. Why? They had the desire to live. The moment they felt as if all was lost and lost that desire, they just stopped. "Ignoring desire... No one would strive for what they dreamed of..." he finished, his face much darker. His thoughts on her. "We're not tools.... we just can't ever want for ourselves. Sounds like tools to me. When's the last time this guy ever left that office of his high up in the tower."

Besides the village we must also look at our nations. Over the many centuries Kumogakure have been in a struggle with our people. We have gone through many civil wars and I know some us remember the demonic invasion that plague our lands, let us not forget the recent ventures of the Kingslayers. The people of lightning country have every right to be afraid of us, even despise us. Yet, we should not let these words define us. We should continue to allow our actions speak for themselves. We do not seek the accolades of men but we do what we do because that is who we are. Does the sun stop shining in the desert merely because a man has cursed at it? No, neither should we stop because of men.

Yes, we serve for monetary gain but let that not be your motivation because at the end of the day honor is more valuable than silver and gold. Since, I have brought up monetary gain I would like to transition into our economics. Despite my expertise in providing stable clients for our village, we are still lacking in contracts. Our economy has been on a standstill ever since Shogun Shinrai had returned to his seat. He has done his best to put the village in good standings with the country considering being one of us at one time. However, people are more inclined to seek aid from the imperial guard than the shinobi. To bolster our efforts, I suggest we provide more stations to our surrounding regions providing security to smaller villages and metropolis in the country with minimal cost Also, we should consider lowering our contract prices for the time being. We need to regain our trust before we can regain our profits. I will be communicating with Chancellor Ami about this project and I hope that some of you will be interested in participating in this project.

Furthermore, to solidify this address, I would like to add that any kage after me should seek to give an address twice a year as I will. The purpose of these address will serve as guide to the village and the kage as to where we are heading and to reflect on where we have been. All address will be recorded through writing and audibly. As I speak this address will be recorded for you all to reflect on.

Moreover, I would like to request your forgiveness for my present failures as your raikage. I know I have made erroneous decisions and my weaknesses have impact negatively upon the village. But I can assure you that I will be better. I will continue to serve you as raikage to the day I die or even when I am relieved as your raikage.

To conclude, I beseech you all to continue to honor one another and show the world what it means to be a shinobi and kunochi of Kumogakure no Sato.

Ai stood up and stretched his arms. "It's no wonder everything has gone to hell. Everything we are taught in the academy is pretty much opposite of what he just said. How'd this guy get to be Raikage when the youth of the village are trained to be killing machines. Maybe those Titan guys have the right idea."

[Enter/Left unless Stopped]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back