Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Hokage's Office

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Kage's office. Toshi looked to the door leading to what would be the office of the Hokage. He was only steps away from confronting the leader of the Leaf shinobi. He wondered what it would be like handling business in the Kage's office. He often envisioned a fierce summoned creature sitting beside the Kage. Maybe he or she would be drinking coffee, scratching his or her signature on some official documents of the village. Something simple ya know? Toshi tensed up a bit, looking to his forehead protector before reaching for the doorknob to the office. Just before touching the cold of the doorknob, Toshi could remember the day he received his forehead protector.

With his free hand, the boy clutched at the forehead protector that was tied around his neck. His thumb ran across a few ridges of the metal piece. The symbol of the Leaf Village came to the boy's mind as he entered the office.

The sun was beginning to set, giving the sky an orange hue. The clouds began to disappear as the stars began to peek at the village. Toshi walked slowly towards the Hokage's tower, wondering what kind of twists and turns his shinobi life would take from here on out. "This promotion to Genin is only the beginning." A relaxed expression lay on the boy's face as he calmly strolled pass a few kids playing some kind of kick ball game. As the ball came to a stop before Toshi he looked to the kid's play area. The kids nearby looked to him, oooohing and awwing at the forehead protector around his neck. "Sir! Are you a real ninja?" The questions came piling on top of Toshi as he kicked the ball back to the group. He buttoned down a few buttons of the yellow buttons on his black collar shirt. He rolled up his black cargo pants, not wanting to get sand all over his clothes. "I'll answer your questions if you can beat me in a game of ball." Toshi grinned, his personality always shined around others.

Stepping through the Hokage's door, a clueless expression rested on Toshi's face. Everything around him seemed to stop as he was only moments away from introducing himself to the Kage. He could hear the door as he pushed it open, the steps that he took as he approached the Kage, the whispers of the air that flowed past his ears. His heartbeat began to slow as he overcame the anxiety of meeting his shinobi leader. He loosened his grip on the forehead protector around his neck, his eyes meeting the Kage's as he took his first steps into the office. He froze, "Hello." Toshi would say in an innocent tone, his emerald eyes peering into the eyes of the Kage. His face flushed red as he wondered if his presence was noticed.

[ Topic Entered ]

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka was pacing through her office, looking at the child-like paintings that spattered the walls. A masked individual kneeled before her, an ANBU operative. A serious expression on her face. Holding a hand to her chin she walked back and forth. "I swear she is becoming more problematic as time goes on." She sighed "Is this what Takeshi felt? God how different it is seeing it from his perspective." Scratching the back of her head "When I told her the story of painting the walls of the ANBU HQ orange it wasn't an indication that she should do it herself. God that child of mine." She looked at the operative "Kairi is intuitive, she'll figure something out that I'd rather not. Find her and bring her here." The operative nodded as he disappeared in a flurry of leaves. Asuka started to laugh as she turned to face the newcomer. "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree." Pinching her nose Asuka took a deep breath.

With a pleasant warm smile she clapped her hands together. "Toshi! Come in, come in don't be shy." She smiled gesturing to the sit in front of her desk. "Sorry about that, my child, Kairi, was running around trying to find the entrance to the ANBU's HQ to recreate a particular prank of mine. But in any case. First off, congratulations on the graduation. Heard it was quite something." She sat on her chair as she smiled at the boy. "Would you like some tea?"

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Toshi watched as the wind settled down and the leaves phased away. He walked in after Asuka's welcome, knowing that if she knew his name, that she knew a bit about his past. How would he get to know her? Looking up to the Hokage was something that all the kids did, but what did it take to get to know her.

He wondered what all the talk was about just before his knock. The conversation died down just as he entered, and the second individual that was in office had already whiffed away. It could remind one of the dandelion flowers that floated away when touched by the wind. Hearing about the Kage's child and the ANBU quarters put a grin on the boy's face. He didn't know the Kage had a child, but hearing the news changed his perception of how the leader handled matters.

She congratulated the boy on him passing his Genin Exam. "Thank you mam." Toshi bowed, knowing that if he took the exam in front of the Kage, he would have made the same decisions. "The exam took heart, but Shinzo was a good guy. He taught us to not give up on the things we seek most." The boy's smile was wide as he could feel the inspiration from the Jounin once more.

He looked around the office as Asuka moved over to a chair and sat down. The words of tea reminded Toshi of Nao. "Tea would be great." This was the place where he aimed to end up after becoming an elite ANBU. Guarding the Kage sounded like a job that required resilience. This was only his beginning, but, he had already arrived at his destination. What could he say to connect the dots? As he awaited his tea, he thought of the right words.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Shinzo huh..." Asuka moved her hands into her sleeves looking for something. A bright sad smile on her face. "Haven't heard that name in a while." She sighed, as if recollecting emotions from the past, as if her deep gaze went through memories, emotions, all in between in a couple of seconds before her warm smile returned. "Must've been fun! I did see the report but wished I could've been there." She took a storage card from her sleeve and set it on the table.

"Now, my part would be to ask you what do you want." She set her index finger on the card, sending a pulse of chakra. An elegant set appeared in a cloud of smoke, from the ceramic twin kettles to the finest of cups as she smiled. "But that would be boring. So let's make this interesting." She grabbed the kettle on the right with a giggle. "I like knowing. I like the knowledge of having my enemy on a whim, the simple fact of them figuring out that no matter what they do I have them covered." She slowly started to pour the green liquid into one cup, by appearances it seemed as though it was green tea. But the slight smile on her face said otherwise. "We both know what you want. But are you prepared?" Her smile grew wider "We both know you got the physical abilities but do you have the mental side of things? Have you seen combat? Have you seen people fight each other based upon their ideals? Do you commit to those ideals? Do you know if your ideals are the right path?" She grabbed the kettle.

Not wavering her eyesight from Toshi, not giving him any room to make a sudden move. As if her smile said warm but her eyes were cold. "What's your limit? What are you willing to sacrifice." She poured the tea unto the second cup, slowly moving them up towards Toshi. "One of these cups has bee altered with the deadliest potion I could find. Paralyzed in 30 seconds, dead in about 2 minutes. You're going to drink from one cup and I from the other." Asuka sat back down on her chair. "So, let's set the rules." Asuka giggled "You move from your chair, you die. You try and run and everything you hold dear will die. You refuse, everything you hold dear will die, then you'll die. After the agonizing pain of being left loveless sets in of course." She placed both cups in front of Toshi. Sitting back on her chair. "Choose a cup, I'll drink from the other. Either you die, or I will." She smiled, gleaming with pride and warmth. "Show me your conviction."

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Mentioning Shinzo may not have been the correct thing to do. He noticed Asuka's expression. He looked down, listening to her words. It sounded as though they had been through a lot together.
Listening to her say she wished she could have been there let Toshi know that a leader had a different sort of lifestyle. They may be the leader, but there are a lot of sacrifices one must make.

Asking what he wanted, Toshi looked back up. "Well, I was-" But before going on Toshi was told that old routine would be boring. Asuka's giggle caught Toshi's ears. He began to try and understand more about the shinobi life. Being tough was one thing, but it seemed one didn't have to appear tough all the time to get by.

Listening to her fighting style, Toshi knew not to upset Asuka. She went on, the boy could only wonder as she asked him a few questions. He saw a few fights before. But he never asked why two were fighting.

He looked into her eyes, wondering what she was getting at as she poured the second cup of tea. As she explained the rules, Toshi listened closely. He gave himself a moment before making a decision.

Toshi grabbed both cups, drinking them both down. Placing them back on the table, he then laid on the floor in a curled up position. "Thank you Ms. Asuka. Not only have I guarded your life, but I also succeeded at being your bodyguard. This was my goal for my shinobi life." He would await the effects to set in.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka gave a slight smile as she tried to figure out what Toshi would do. He was expecting him to yell out, give an explanation as to why dying wasn't the best choice. Maybe he would beg? That would be interesting to say the least. Would definitely surprise her but considering his situation she wouldn't necessarily be surprised by it.

What she didn't expect was for him to drink both. Less so for him to curl up on the floor actually waiting to die. But most impressive was how he didn't actually get burned from drinking two full cups of tea. She was stunned for a few moments. This guy had conviction, that was for sure. Could be loyalty to a certain point. Asuka crumbled one of the pieces of paper in her desk and leaned forward throwing it towards Toshi, hitting him in the side of the head. "Sit back down." She sighed, leaning back on her chair waiting from Toshi to sit on his own. "Firstly, although I'm flattered at your conviction, what the hell did you think that was going to accomplish?" She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. "This was a test, a test to measure your resolve, wits and ability to outsmart their oponent. and you have absolutely failed on all three aspects." She gave out a laugh as she continued. "I like you but you're an idiot. A big one at that. You have the will, but you certainly don't have the smarts."

She leaned forward. "ANBU are supposed to think outside the box, find a solution to the most difficult situations and you not only took the easy choice but threw your life away for absolutely nothing. Is your life that worthless to you? Without hesitation just POOF gone, the mission a failure, one of your teammates died, the threat to Leaf lingers on all because you decided to play the martyr. Wasteful. So, tell me why I shouldn't just kick your butt back to the academy?" She held a finger before she spoke. "Think before you speak, take your time because I do not tolerate lies."

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Toshi looked towards the paper ball that rolled along the way on the floor. He rubbed his head, looking up to Asuka, who didn't seem so happy with his decision. She told him to sit down with a sigh. Yep, he'd done it now. Toshi slowly picked himself up from the floor, unsure if he was safer back on the ground or in the chair, the new Genin moved over to his seat. He sat across from the Kage, looking in her eyes with a hint of curiosity on his face.

As he listened to Asuka's words he began to twiddle his fingers. "Uh... Well..." His stammering over words ceased as she continued on. Hearing that he failed her test was gut wrenching. The speech he received didn't dishearten him, but it did make him question the way he thought. Everything didn't always go as planned, and most times, things weren't as simple as they seemed.

She did give him a chance to speak up for himself. Question posed: Why was he a Genin, and what qualified him to stay a Genin. Toshi sighed as he looked up to the roof of the room. He took a second to think the question over. He stood up, moving slowly towards where the ANBU from earlier last was. As he took a step closer, he began his base argument for the case at hand. Rather than tell a lie, he decided to tell the truth."Even though it was important to attend class, I felt that learning under Nao-Sensei would be more beneficial." Mentioning that he didn't attend a single Academy class didn't fly well when he pitched it to the Kage in his head. But he wouldn't keep the information from her. Toshi took another step towards where he last heard the ANBU's voice. His eyes stalking his prey as he inched closer.

"So I didn't attend class, but I've learned the ways of a Sage from Nao. I know this alone isn't enough to cover my losses." Toshi paused as he straightened himself to face the Kage. He knelt to the ground on his right knee. "However, I want to prove myself, and be able to say that I'm a great shinobi. This could be by taking on missions and serving the village, or something more." He bowed his head after the words, hoping that it would be enough to overcome his failure. "Proving myself under The Fifth Hokage, and Ms. Asuka would be an honor."

He was mature enough to understand that the Hokage held 2 different entities and responsibilities. Leader of the village was one, but Asuka also held her own past. He knew the duties of the Hokage, but knew almost nothing of Asuka's shinobi history. She was more than just the leader of the village, but how would he get to know that other side of her? Finding a way to stay in her office as a personal bodyguard seemed quite difficult at the moment, but he wouldn't allow it to stop his ambitions.

He knew he could be molded into a great shinobi under Asuka's guidance. He didn't consider himself a slave, but rather, a formidable shinobi that could uphold the morales of the community. He knew it could go a long way for the generations to come.

The boy looked to Asuka with a light smile and a shrug. He walked back over to his seat. After sitting, he looked to Asuka and continued on.

"The Academy was the stage to see if I could not only talk the talk, but also walk the walk." His studies and trainings hadn't prepared him for this test, but during those Academy days, he did learn a few things. "In this scenario, I figured I'd give my life for someone that held more worth to this home." Toshi nodded, knowing that he'd do it again. "On top of that, imagine running in and seeing me standing over an unconscious Kage and her tea cup." Of course that had to be the worst case scenario.
---
[ MFT | WC:+650 ]

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka gave a slight smile at Toshi's joke, it would be quite funny to see that. Her sister coming in the room only to find her unconscious and Toshi in the room drinking her tea, no amount of explaining would be able to get him out of the hell he would soon be experiencing. But the rest of his words made the smile disappear, only to be followed by a sigh.

It was good to be strong, strength let you do what must people wouldn't be able to, stand against the most powerful opponents, but she believed it was a cruse since there was always someone stronger. Taking out a small piece of paper she took her quill and started to write. "I appreciate the thought." She simply said as she concentrated on her writing. "But in this day and age we all now the academy isn't for gaining new and powerful skills, it does give the fundamentals but true growth comes from experience. The academies true purpose lies elsewhere." She finished writing and started to fold the letter. "Because you think my life has more value than yourself one of the reasons why I can't give you what you want, been through that... it's not worth it." She simply said, sealing the edge of the letter in a thing crystal with her signature written across it. She then handed the letter to Toshi.

"The academy, the village, the whole Shinobi force has a lot more meaning." She smiled, leaning back on her chair. "Take that to my sister, Santaru Soku. Follow her instructions, once you have found the answer to what I'm telling you then you may be next to me."

Self worth is down the toilet.

Make him a proper shinobi.

Uchiha Asuka
Prankster

p.s: Come by for some dangos once in a while.

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy stood up, knowing that he still had more to study. "Hmm... Once I find the answer, I'll come back ready to protect you, and the village, with what I've learned." Toshi didn't know exactly what it was that he was looking for, but he knew the next time he walked into this office, it would be with good news. His drawback wouldn't be enough to make him give up, he'd only be pushed to do better.

"Don't worry Asuka-San, I won't fail you." The ambition within the boy showed as his tone became serious. He didn't doubt that he missed a lot from the academy. But it also made him part of what he was this day. "I have a past, but I plan on doing better." Toshi lived by those words. The only error to make to him, was to give up. He wasn't one to leave the trail when it just got hot.

He didn't know what the letter that he was given said. He decided not to peek. If Soku had the answers he was looking for, he'd learn from her. Learning from shinobi that have been through much more would not only be beneficial, but it was also how bonds were formed. There was much more to learning than just books and pencils. With a look of determination the emerald eyed boy walked towards the door. "I will come back a much wiser shinobi." He bowed. He knew he wouldn't achieve his goal today, but he would give this office visit some thought. Afterwards, Toshi left the office, looking for Soku would be his next objective.

---
[ Topic Left | Looking forward to the next one ^_^ ]
[ MFT | WC: +250 ]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back