Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The League of Extraordinary Scientists

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Okibi was somewhere in the book racks finding books for Sousuke to read to her. He truly hoped she wouldn't pick anything too extraordinary. She seemed quite upset when he proposed the concept of reading her picture books. So upset she destroyed one of them, and while Sousuke didn't need to replace the book, he did so anyways. Sousuke wasn't so much waiting on Okibi as he was teaching. The Steward taught as a method of learning. Usually people would ask him questions and sometimes they would cause him to consider things he normally wouldn't. It wasn't so much as a hobby but a means to an end.

Sousuke wasn't exactly teaching to a massive audience, but an audience of those which consisted of those who truly understood, those who were sleeping, and finally those were bored. "As you can see the elemental bond can be expanded upon into further levels. A Power core, an innate level, the quanta level, and finally the forced method. I personally am not a fan of the last method as it can ... lead to disaster for the user."<i></i> The Steward with the marker in hand began to draw up the mathematical calculations. "Carry the four, implement the forty-seventh error sequence and there... your fire user using the force method spontaneously combusts. Not good at all. Fire being turned upon a fire user is not good."<i></i> The Steward flipped the board over and began doing the math for the power core. "Occasional bursts in power are suppressed given time. Thus a spontaneous combustion of the user is not spontaneous... but controlled... at least nine out of ten times."<i></i> Sousuke tossed the marker up and down catching it. "Now elemental-ninjutsu bonds at the natural level are due to one's heritage. I can't quite show you the math, but it biological in nature. I think we all understand that ... the father's bloodstream carries over. There is of course the odd exception... but that's due to a generational re-occurrence of sorts."<i></i> The Steward wondered who was actually paying attention. He looked to his audience for any form of questions or recognition of being heard.

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: The Extraordinary League of Scientists

How had the events of today ended with her in the library of all places? Somehow her stupid twin brother conned her into doing all his stupid little errands the ENTIRE afternoon which, of course, ended with her picking up a rather large STACK of books for his research. Not simply one or two books. It was a giant stack, which she had to search through the catalog. Write down each reference number. Then search through isle after isle until she held the leaning tower of books in her arms. ' Why did I even agree to do this for him. Screw his stupid projects. I always get suckered into this. ' She mentally berated herself for falling for it time and time again. Thankfully the Librarian gave her a large paper bag which she now carried close to her chest.

With this task now complete the quickest way back home passed by the academy section of the building. Luckily there were no academy classes during this time, meaning she wouldn't run into any snot nosed students. However there were a few seminars going on ... not like she would go to one. Anything of the sort was her brother's department. HE was the smart one. HE was the genius. Kumiko was simply the other twin. Walking passed one of the many rooms she overheard one of the lectures. Back stepping, she loitered within the doorway for a moment listening and reading over the calculations written on the blackboard. At least his calculations were correct. Interest sparked within her. It was a mere coincidence he spoke of the element she was most proficient in. However the theories might need some work.

Taking a quick step inside Kumiko set down her bag of books on the floor and sat on one of the desks. " It's true Fire elements have a combustible nature to be taken into consideration. But that's only part of the equation. It's explosive tendencies must always be considered as well as the toll upon the user's body. Concentrating solely on one aspect could be detrimental to the Overall usage of the element. " Her arms crossed themselves before her chest. Something she did whenever she was lost in thought.

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This was supposed to be just another day in the library for Harupia. Return some books, take some new back with him, and enjoy the afternoon. As he was on his book hunt, he had passed a few seminars which were given within the library grounds, but didn’t really want to intrude in the middle of them. Plus he wasn’t sure how interesting they would be... but now here he was, in the middle of a lecture, and in one of the front row seats which were empty. Seeing how he missed most of the beginning, going in a minute or two before Kimiko, he was somewhat lost and was trying to find himself in the equations and the explanations of the speaker. Yes, the speaker...the true reason why Harupia bothered to intrude.

Takahashi Sousuke. The current Kazekage. Or, as some people, including the person in question, the Steward. He was quite an often subject in the Clan Household when he talked with his father, him expressing his confusion as to why his father didn’t take the mantle by himself, as the council had suggested, and him talking about how he needed to prove himself and all that. Haru learned by now to nod to what his father said while being attentive enough to not miss any important details. Though he couldn’t help but to wonder about the Steward as well.

Some might think it was jealousy, him being the ruler of the village, while is his clan which was the closest to the original descendents...Of course, there was a hint of that. Anyone on his place would be jealous...but still, while closest, the Sunaku were still a long shot from the Sunahoshi, if apparent by their lack of control of the storm...He was mostly curious though. This man, a few years younger then he had achieved the goal of any aspiring Shinobi. Was it only because of family connections? His father wanting to seize power without it looking like a direct challenge for the throne? Or maybe he saw potential in the men, the ability to become the greatest Shinobi in the village, and this was supposed to be a test...also there was the fact he knew very little of the man...while he remembered a few times their fathers would meet for clan related chatter, they never really had a chance to interact.

All this rambling in his mind made him lose focus a bit... though he did listen about the cores and self combustion being a bad thing...that’s a nice way to put it. And there was a general discussion about the general effects of fire jutsu. He would say "That is a valid point, though as far as I am aware, Fire element techniques focus more on generating the flame only, while explosive Jutsu is a different, more advanced sort of technique...though I do remember a small boom when I tried to perform a small Katon before my academy days... My mother did not enjoy seeing my brows burnt, haha" he paused with a laugh. He liked throwing in random tidbits like that when he spoke. It lightened the mood in his mind.

Turning towards Suzuki he would say "Does the same principle apply to other elements, or do the numbers change slightly? For example, with Sand, and as an Extension, Earth Jutsu, one must relay mostly on the surrounding for the material for his attacks, rather using solely his inner reserves. Does that mean that one can use more Earth Jutsu then with an equivalent amount of energy used on Fire techniques, or do other factors balance that out? he concluded with a question. He wasn’t sure how accurate what he said was, but it sure sounded smart? At least to him

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Suzuhime had been lucky enough to have learned who the kazekage was during her short time within Sunagakure, but she didn't join simply because of that. While her extreme expertise were most to all things mechanized, she was genuinely interested into the topic. It wasn't exactly hard to see her there among the other attendees, sitting in the front row in her battle robes. So she was certainly the most colorfully dressed because of her unusual and some what traditional attire. The topic of combustion and fire jutsu had come up, some others having piped up about the subject. While she already knew the equations used within these, deceivingly well educated despite everything that pointed to her to being a dumb-ass. She came from a family of geniuses, and thus, of course she was one too. Feeling she should speak up about her own half of the discussion of elemental jutsu.

"What of water based elements? I believe around the 34th spot in the sequence, even of a basic water jutsu, can make the jutsu implode upon itself into a mighty outwards force, potentially killing the user within such close proximity of the outwards push, I suppose they would be fine as long as they are not standing with their back against a wall."

Then there were also photons...quite a pure form indeed. But she would save that discussion if the topic moved to technologies. Although she only knew of the property failures because Suzuhime was rather terrible at ninjutsu herself...her first water jutsu having imploded on her, knocking her a good 13 feet in the opposite direction. Effectively breaking her arm and leg in one go. She had never seen Iori so worried about her. While she was still bad with actually performing genjutsu, when she used it with her fighting technique to charge it into her fists, it worked much better. She couldn't afford to let a genjutsu backfire.

Suzu would listen intently to wherever the lecture would steer itself towards...​
<i>
</i>

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ah, but what about the repeating variable that occurs when you add in the power factor?” Tama said suddenly from the back of the room.

It had been a slow day for the youth as he made his usual rounds in the library. Tucked under his bare arms were the usual scrolls as he sported the “casual Sunan” look of an open leather vest and baggy pants with a shirt tucked into the waist. He had been wearing it before training but always forgot to put it back on, revealing a developing strong core that one usually gains from swinging around large weapons.
The books had really been letting him down lately as he continued into the research of his own unnatural power and Tama had been finding himself being pushed into a dead end. There was literally nothing that accurately described his strange golden power and it annoyed him to no ends that he couldn’t pin point exactly what the hell he was. Some readings suggested lost “holy” powers that were nothing more than legend, others spoke of the strange pure energy known as “nature chakra” that had similar properties to his own skills but was something that hadn’t been studied too deeply into; for it was another legendary power. Frustrated that he couldn’t figure out what it was he then turned to how to control it, being as it had become something of an annoyance to control during training as of late.

Some explosive research earlier in the week had proved that he could make a gem like item that repressed his strength but did nothing to help him control it. Perhaps he would have to turn to using the gem to allow him to learn his own unnatural powers…but even that was a small distraction to the grand mind that he held and the lack of really anything new to learn or experiment with had drove him to nearly living in the library. It was only when he had decided to call it a day and head home that he passed by the Steward’s class on the explosive nature on fire chakra. He was using math as an example, something Tama despised but respected as a core component to science and overheard the lesson, which in turn caused him to purpose his question.

A shinobi of greater power can take that highest number and increase it granted he is also skilled and keep the combustion from happening until willed to do so<i></i>,” he continued as he walked down towards the board Sousuke was standing in front of.
If you don’t mind,” Tama said as he snatched the marker from the air during a toss and began to write out the exact formula the Steward had used but added a variable at the end that turned it into an infinite equation, “Same can be said of all elements with the only exception that I have come across so far being that of my own…odd…powers<i></i>.”

He wasn’t sure what had compelled him to enter the classroom and be so bold as to honestly challenge his leader to an algebra war but boredom does do strange things to the intelligent mind.

[OOC: I honestly am terrible at math so I’m pulling this out my rear. Do feel free to correct me if it’s needed.]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
(No worries Tama, this is merely ic fluff.)

The sides of Sousuke's mouth almost turned into a grin, but the facial expression didn't truly form. So people were paying attention. Delightful in the extreme. "I agree with you there in the nature of the fire element. Fire is one of the strange exceptions as it can manifest in a flare, an explosion, a stream, so and so forth... and yes we do need to take into consideration the toll on the body which of course is based on a person's age. For example fire jutsus are ... ironically prime in the prime of one's life. A child can often be reckless which can result into an unfortunate accident. This is why I strongly support a strong level of concentration. A person of an aged position past their prime may have the concentration levels but may lack the power to ... carry out the jutsu properly in terms of raw power."<i></i> The Steward paused for a moment. "I myself am not innate in the usage of fire jutsus. My heritage on my mother's sides is a branch from the Uchiha clan, but I myself find difficulty in have the fire jutsu. Which is why I use a power core."<i></i> Sousuke revealed his left hand which was armoured and on the back of his hand there was an orb. "Apologies in advance if I set off the fire alarm."<i></i> Sousuke went through some seals and ultimately conjured a flame orb which floated above the palm of his hand. The orb was small, but steady. "My concentration level is no less than fifty-five percent. I leave the other thirty-five percent to power of the jutsu, and the last numbers well I use that to aim, but I consider my aim to be better than most. It may lack the power of your fire jutsu Ms. Kumiko, but as I mentioned earlier I do have some difficulties in fire jutsus due to my heritage."<i></i> One may be surprised that the Steward knew who she was, but that was his job. He was the Steward-Kazekage after all. Sousuke snapped his fingers and the orb disappeared.

Harupia of the Sunaku clan made the next point of discussion. His question was about the numbers and other elementals. "Ah yes the other elements. I would say that the numbers can vary for slower elements. Sand, earth, darkness to an extent, water, and ice elements are slower. If the jutsu were to be ... 'botched' you would have the timing to correct it by adjusting your seals. That is to say a stalagmite surfaces slower than a fire ball. Yes ... I do remember you burning your eyebrows in our days in academy. I did try to get the fire extinguisher but ... by the time I got it out you were fine."<i></i>

"What of water based elements? I believe around the 34th spot in the sequence, even of a basic water jutsu, can make the jutsu implode upon itself into a mighty outwards force, potentially killing the user within such close proximity of the outwards push, I suppose they would be fine as long as they are not standing with their back against a wall."

Ah yes. The foreigner. Sousuke paced about. "My major concern about water jutsu is the potential to drown your allies or enemies. Capturing an enemy in a water prison is fine, but the water prison does need to be hollowed out. Then with a high level jutsu such as mystic pond you need to consider the area you're about to deluge."<i></i> The Steward paced about some more. "Yes. The thirty-fourth spot in the sequence. A nasty conundrum indeed."<i></i> He paced about more. "I would return to the speed factor of the jutsu. Water jutsu, for the most part are slower. I would think if that error were to occur you should have the time to readjust the seals... but indeed let us hope that the jutsu is not being used in close quarters or against a wall. The amount of time to change from a serpent seal to a force seal should be less than half a second. I assume you have nerves of steel of course, but that is the variable known as the human element."<i></i>

The lecture turned back to fire and the power concept. Tama arrived with style, borrowed Sousuke's marker and ran through his own calculations. Sousuke looked over the numbers, took back the marker and added in two more equations. "I'm merely checking for a field margin error, but you're in the right. How splendidly accurate. Yes ... yes ... 02 to the 7th power divided by this and then retracted. Add in ... yes. Quite right indeed."<i></i> The Steward gave Tama a nod. "I would refer you to the human element factor here. I would like to add something to my age statement from earlier. In the case of someone such as Ms. Kumiko over there I should have considered the clan factor of the 02. Genetically some clans are better than other at certain things... but you do have the exceptional genius from time to time who doesn't have any affiliation with particular major clans."<i></i>

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A slight surprise sprung to life within her as this man, who of course she knew to be the Steward/Kage, acknowledged her. Maybe it was due to her brothers absence but normally people, mainly her family, dismissed came out of her mouth in favor of her brother. Since HE was the Uchiha Prodigy of the family. The Kage's words rang true to her seeing as she was a fire user herself. Most Uchiha were. When she first started with her fire affinity many of the problems he just labelled occurred. Never had she thought age could come into play. But of course it now made perfect sense. " Yes. That does make sense. The stronger the persons body the more power and force it can endure. " She was about to say more only to be stopped at the mention of her family name, Uchiha. Her onyx eyes darted up in a stare but quickly she subdued her emotions. `He`s An Uchiha? I wonder if Bruinetto knew? Why has ur family never mentioned this? I`m sure we aren`t related. But still.` Kumiko held high value in the name Uchiha. What respect she held prior for the Kage now doubled. Still she held her emotions in check for the time being, at least until she met with Bruinetto. For now she simply watched his display with fire jutsu and this ord he spoke of. It immediately sparked her interest and she was sure her brother would find it fascinating. `` I`m sure those levels could be tweaked as well. Say you wanted to focus more on accuracy than force, or vice versa, it would just need a small adjustment in the calculations. Seems easy enough. `` This was more or less said out loud as she thought through the adjustments in her mind. Sometimes it helped her thought process.

By now the Kage moved on to many of the other questions asked. The other elements didn`t interest her to much, expect water. Lately she had been displaying signs of a water affinity, though poor at best. Until she further explored these abilities she would leave it for now. Luckily for her the seminar turned back to fire jutsu as well as genetically influenced jutsu. `` Even genetically it isn`t always guaranteed. My brother and I are prime examples. Even as twins we possess a difference in abilities. True our base affinity is fire due to our bloodline but for secondary affinities we are polar opposites. This could come back to the physical aspects of the user and the differences in training and environment I suppose. ``

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When it came to experimentation and research this young mind would be considered very patient. There was no rushing the scientific process and attempting to do so could easily disfigure the results one was attempting to decipher and record. However this patience for one aspect of his life did not reach out to all aspects. Back home while working on yet another project there were a couple of reference materials which would have been imperative in helping approach the current piece of work. He had handed off the list to his twin sister and asked her to head off in his stead in order to gather them. A great length of time had passed since she left and that was when he came to an impasse with his work. Going any further would create problems or complications without the reference materials he asked her to seek out. While he hated to pause his train of thought when it had achieved maximum velocity through his metaphorical train tracks of his mind he found it counter intuitive to stop after reaching such speed. He only hoped that when he got back on task that he would be able pick up exactly where he left off. Chances of that were unlikely and the annoyance of this fact was an underlying portion of his mood as he was now walking through the Grand Halls of Learning.

While heading through the halls there was a small snippet of conversation that he picked up. Proceeding through the hall he would stand in the doorway as he would listen in to some of their thoughts. Strangely enough it seemed that Kumiko was actually participating in on this one as well. So this was what had been keeping her. Walking into the room now he would begin to speak. "Sometimes when we come to science it seems we like to even further complicate things. See the nature of an element doesn't necessarily create the danger of a misfire or complications. The natural order of things is entropy. The entropic quality of nature carries onto the power of jutsu. With jutsu one attempts to control nature and when you try to control something so chaotic if you do not have the power to bring balance to that chaos then chaos will prevail as it's intended to do." After his small interruption of the conversation his eyes would turn over towards Kumiko. "Seems like you found what I was looking for. I couldn't get any further without those materials so I had to stop."

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Well, suddenly the number of speakers increased greatly...and there he was playing with sand, hehe. Of course he listened to all the comments and questions, and then to their answers. Sousuke mentioned his own lack of skills in the art of fire, and then demonstrated how he was able to make up for it with the use of some kind of technology...that was interesting. He wondered just what other uses this man could think of for the power cores.

The answer was to his question was what he expected pretty much, though with the earth element, as mentioned I his example, held the downside of having to push the stalagmite through the ground, while a flame could easily just create itself from the hand. Then again this downside was negated with the use of his sand prowess, the wind element giving him the additional power to pull of all the needed maneuvers with swiftness. He was a bit surprised with the Kage remembering the incident he mentioned...though he did stay behind in the Shinobi academy for two years, so perhaps that was when the two of them attended the same classes, in spite of Harupia being slightly older. Heh, it must have been a blast to see an older student pull of such a blunder.

The comments about water were following the line of thought which started before, but then something slightly more interesting happened. A familiar face of the younger, slightly clumsy academy student he had a chance to meet along with the curious female in bandages walked up the board and started to add in his own markings into he equations. A rather cocky move...what was surprising though was the fact that the Steward agreed with them. As Sousuke explained just what his additions meant, and after Kumiko added her piece, he would give a small clap saying "Pardon the slight sidetrack, but I think both of the students here deserve a round of applause. If the youth of our village is so knowledgeable now, we will have quite the competition once they grow in strength!" smiling wide as he did. Both Kumiko and Ryuu have shown quite a bit of know knowledge, especially the boy who seemed to stand on an equal foot to their Leader...which was an inspiring, if not slightly frightening though.

After his round of applause for the two he would speak on "There is one element about which I am curious...but I find it hard to really give it a name. Because what we discussed here were the limits of our humanly capabilities, and in extension, how far we can push them using our knowledge. Technology and genetics aside there is the... hehe, how to not sound pretentious...mystical? Unknown? That X-factor which comes in different shapes and forms, but when it there, its can clearly set apart a particular Shinobi from the rest..." he concluded, his smile fading slightly, now looking more melancholic. This was a relevant topic to him...Member of the Sunaku, the closest to the Sunahoshi...yet still leagues behind their lost brethren. He was truly curious what the more scientific stance on such matters was.

After he spoke and was caugt up in his blue mood, another person enterd, sharing his bit on the whole subject, and then turning to the young girl which spoke earlier. Huh, guess word was spreading who was actully giving the lecture here, hehe

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy was genuinely elated that someone had said something about his knowledge and even the praise to the other person. Twasn’t every day someone acknowledged his genius and it was about damn time.

“Oh…how…coincidental you should ask such a thing, applauding sir. I have actually been in recent study on this matter and, Stewart, if you don’t mind, have found actually very little. What I do know that these chakra types dwindle down into three categories: Nature, Demonic, and Ancient. The nature chakra is a strange source of energy that in theory it comes from every living thing, and those who are in touch with their powers naturally absorb this substance in day to day life. The going idea on their difference in strength range from a person affected differently by the natural strength or someone who can actually manipulate it.
“Demonic chakra is the most known of the three types and is quite known around the world. At some point in time our kind was mixed in a society of sorts that lived around constant knowledge of Under Worlders. So some in our age are born with the genetic makeup passed on from a demonic ancestor, though most go their entire lives not knowing if they relate to one or not since it is still a very rare and powerful chakra type – only those with excessive strength in their chakra coil or strong genes ever tap that power.
“And finally Ancient chakra is something that is completely unknown aside from what we know from legends. Some say it was a holy power that could destroy, honestly, an entire demon soul. Others say it is a dark and cruel power that can harvest the souls of men.”

Tama bowed and took a seat within the people as he had obviously earned his place among these noble minds.

[Shorry for the shortness, was in a rush. See ya'll when I can! So skip over me if you need to.]

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Books, books, books and more... books. Okibi never knew so many books could exist in one place! She didnt even know so many books existed at all! So many words, stored in leather bound books, scrolls, and loose pieces of parchment, all there for her perusal. Not that she was very good at reading yet. She could sound out and understand the smaller words, but the bigger things still had to be read and explained to her. However, Okibi did feel like she was ready for the next step, unlike that stupid Sousuke.

He tried to read her a picture book, which she understood were for children. That picture book had met quite the gruesome end. While yes, the pictures were nice... she had to refrain from taking them for herself to keep... she was not a child! At least, she was told she was not a child. Children were much smaller than her, and much less smart. There may have been a lot more for her to learn, but she was not stupid! She was ready for the more advanced stuff!

Unfortunately, Number Seven couldnt be there to help her pick something. Apparently the Halls employees didnt like the idea of a giant dog stomping around their shelves. Okibi didnt get it. Seven was way less likely to damage anything in here than half the humans that were, including herself. If only she could somehow... turn him into a human...

As she perused titles, the ones she could understand anyway, something popped out at her. There was a section full of books of similar sizes and fashions. The only differences between them were the colors of the bindings and the titles. There was an emerald green one that quickly caught her interest and she snatched the book off the shelf. She didnt understand the title, as it didnt sound like any kind of work Sousuke had thus far taught her. "Eye-noo-zoo-kay?" She tried to sound it out. Probably got it wrong too. Shrugging, Okibi turned the book over to look at its front cover, and became all the more interested when she saw the image of a man and dog standing beside each other, looking quite fierce. Humming quietly to herself, she flipped the book open and flew through the pages, skimming pictures. Stopping suddenly, she frantically flipped backwards. When she found the page that had flashed by her, her eyes widened. On it was a diagram, depicting the man and dog from the cover, in their normal forms. In the second half of the diagram, the dog had taken the form of the human.

She didnt need to see anymore before she was dashing down the library aisles, looking for a way out. Following her nose, she caught the scent of Sousuke leading to a door. He had shown her here after all, telling her to pick out something for them to read together. The clerk at the desk near the door protested as Okibi zipped by, but the girl paid no mind. She had no idea you were supposed to check the books out before you took them.

Coming to a skidding halt in the hallway, Okibi sniffed the floor, sifting through the many other scents that were on it. When she found it, the scent of steel and oil, she started after it like the hounds of hell were at her heels. She dashed around corners and curved around mingling people. A few times she even bumped into a few, but didnt have time to utter an apology. She had to get this book to Sousuke so he could read it to her!

She nearly ran right by the room that Sousuke and some other people, a crowd of people really, were convening in. However, when the smell of steel and oil was suddenly gone, she backtracked and peeked into the room, the green book held tightly to her chest. There indeed was a large group of people, all sitting in chairs with Sousuke standing at the front of them all. He stood in front of some kind of white board with scribbles on it that didnt make any sense to Okibi in the least. She listened for only a second, and decided she wasnt interested in anything they were all talking about. It sounded like that sh-eye-inse stuff that Sousuke liked to spout sometimes. Never made a lick of sense to her.

"Sogay!" Okibi exclaimed, rushing into the room and jumping over and knocking over chairs to get to her human caretaker. She actually stepped on the heads of a few people to get there, one being a man who smelled of something familiar; sand and flowers.

She tried to stop herself before running into the white board, but failed quite fantastically as she ran right into it, knocking it clean over. When she popped back up, the board was indeed a whole lot 'cleaner' than it was before; many of the equations now smeared if not erased completely. Without further ceremony, she launched herself at Sousuke and wrapped an arm and her legs around him so she could get at his eye level to show him the book. Looking quite pleased with herself, clinging the man like a monkey, she waved the green book in front of his face.

"Sogay! This we read! Yes!?" She proclaimed, and asked at the same time, trying to get her wild hair out of her face. "We read!" She said once more, just for emphasis.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Eventually the topic of conversation would take a turn to where Suzu had no real interest in, she was more partial to mechanics, and of course her own experiences with water jutsu. But now that the conversation went to other forms, Suzu would merely put her head down and wait for the topic to become interesting. Which seemed to not be the case as the group that were talking just continued to yammer on about crap Suzu didn't care about. At least something interesting did happen when a young girl burst into the room and rampaged to the front of the room. With threat of being stepped on, something Suzu normally would never allow someone to get away with, she would hold a nearby book over her head as the girl passed by. Setting the book down, somewhat proud of herself that she managed to avoid going off on the strange illiterate by acting ahead. Watching the young one talk to the Steward Kage like he was her keeper. It was unusual...but none of her business. So she merely watched the girl cling to the Steward like a baby monkey does it's mother. It was kinda cute, but unusual at the same time.

Suzu would glance over for a moment, her pale piercing lavender eyes somewhat bright beneath her square rimmed glasses before she would look down and pull out a book she had picked up before the seminar. A book exploring into a topic she already knew much about, but might as well read it as a review of knowledge. When the topic would get interesting, she did not know, but she wasn't number one here, so she couldn't control when it would move.​
<i>
</i>

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward joined in the applause, indeed it was rare for people to match him in intellectual prowess. "Well done. Indeed, it pleases me to know that we have upcoming suna nin to consider such important theories in the practice of ninjutsu."<i></i> Just as the applause died down , more people joined the lecture. Seitoshi exchanged looks between the twins. They weren't identical in appearance, but Sousuke could pick out a few similarities between the two. Though what surprised the Steward was the difference of minds. "Entropy."<i></i> Sousuke face palmed. It was not a theory the Steward was fond of. From the expression he had on his face it would have been difficult to see that he was angry, but by the action of face palming the Steward was properly able to express himself proper. "No offense to you or the original writer of that theory, but I cannot reasonably believe in such a concept in conjunction with the nature of chaos. I am a strong believer in order being a constant and chaos is a state of nothingness as written by Sage Han. You can bring order upon order, but Han is of the mind that order formed out of chaos, and chaos is ... how do I put this ... obsolete? Yes. It's just a theory though ... so take from it what you will. I am partial to Sage Han's theory and I would add that in the case of metal jutsu - constructs or otherwise, chaos is a state of the inanimate. When the blacksmith brings his hammer down he forges purpose and order into the material in question... but then of course you can advance that further in the order of engineering and advanced functions... which is my specialty. I personally do not dispute the existence of chaos, I just have the problem accepting the theory an entirely entropic chaotic elemental theory... but nevertheless it is another avenue worth perusing. If you're comfortable with such a notion."<i></i> The Steward paced a bit. "What a pair you two are... and how lucky I am to have such an audience."<i></i> The Steward stopped to nod at the twins once more. " Tell me Ms. Kumiko do you buy into your brother's stance of the entropy-chaotic nature of jutsu?"<i></i>

Speaking of chaos, Sousuke found himself surprised when he next found Okibi racing towards him. "Ah... yes... how timely."<i></i> The Steward spoke as he was the intended target. His ward rushed him and soon enough she applied herself to him physically. Her grip was good and the Steward was not in a position to shake her off. "Apologies everyone. Apologies. Anbu if you are in the midst of unsheathing weaponry, mentally or physical I would ask that you cease and desist. This is my ward."<i></i> The Steward didn't seem angry or upset. He was his usual neutral self. The Steward looked at the green book. Inuzuka. The Steward understood his ward's desire for him to read the book to her now, but he was still doing a lesson with ten minutes left. The Steward let out a sigh. "Ten minutes? In ten minutes I'll read you the preface. Are you agreeable to that?"<i></i> The Steward would attempt to put Okibi down for a moment. Hopefully she would comply. Sousuke pointed to a bean bag chair for her to sit down in. "Pictures. See? Why don't you write down what you think they mean?"<i></i>

"Alright. Chakra types. Yes... ancient, they are indeed a great mystery. My theory of the ancient chakra type is that it is more advanced than demon or nature. I would go to say that ... ancient is really the future ... due to its vast power. I would say that in terms of history there was true advancement, then we as humans have stumbled backwards unto nature and demonic which are ... primitive? I would go to argue that the Ancient type is ... a mixture of both just on a higher level. No less than a stage three in advancement. If given time we could perhaps rediscover the ancient method, but that would only work if we were not disrupted by disaster of the natural sort ... which for the naturalists out there I include war. Would you agree with me that the old bloodlines such as Uchiha, Santaru, and Sunaku belong in the ancient category or would you consider them ... young?"<i></i>

As he awaited responses Sousuke took a moment to check on Okibi. He would grab a nearby binder clip board and begin writing out instructions for her. Simple light reading that she would understanding. It would read the following: Inuzuka (Inu- zoo - ka) 1. Bloodline. 2. Canine companion (Number Seven) 3. You. The Steward would then put the board down and slide it towards his ward for her education in Inuzuka to commence. If anything the Steward was good at keeping his cool, and multitasking.

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She could feel his presence even before her brother made himself known to her. Was that a good thing or a bad thing? She couldn't decide whether she welcomed her twin or not. Of course with his arrival all attention would be placed upon him like always. At least it an intellectual environment such as where they were. " Maybe you should have picked up your reference material BEFORE starting your experiment instead of being so inefficient with your time. " There was no venom laced within her words. Maybe attitude but it served him right for making her do all his petty errands.

Kumiko prepared herself to leave, not particularly wanting her hear praise for her brother. However the Kage surprised her, quite visibly, by asking her own opinion. " Entropy-Chaotic nature of Jutsu? Don't be absurd. MAYBE in a universal sense but jutsu? Jutsu are not a pure elemental force. We imbue chakra into such unstable elements into order to instill order and control, taming these so called ' chaotic ' forces. Why would 'Chaos' exist if one were able to bring it to order? If this was the case Order would always prevail. " To be honest it didn't surprise her of her brother's theory. " Then again you thrive within your chaotic workshop. Of course you would find order within chaos. " She grumbled.

Her train of thought abruptly halted as a whirlwind child came barreling into the room towards the Kage. A lone brow quirked as Sousuke entertained ... was she his child? She didn't recall the Steward having any children. Ward? What did that mean? Either way she spent little time dwelling on that matter. Not long after Sousuke began a discussion about ancient chakra's and theories based around it's origins. Once more with the mention of Uchiha Kumiko's interested peeked. " I'd have to say ancient. It's all to do with psychology. When one hears the word young or ancient they automatically represent it with a numerical value. Young would be less than ancient, therefore giving ancient an older value. Seeing as all three of those Clans have been around since the first men, it's logical they'd fall into the ancient category. "

Yen
ASP
Deaths
While although it seemed that the lecturer could see the point being argued for chaos but wasn't sold on the concept. That was fair enough for him considering the own evidence he is providing. The two of them had different viewpoints but took an approach to a similar idea but came up with something completely different. It was really speculation and metaphysics when it came to the nature of chakra and its origins. When it starts to dwell too far into mysticism or religion it starts to wear down on him when it comes to logic. Of course his sister was pressed hard on the other side of the subject and would surely tell him about it spouting off her own analysis over the very nature of jutsu. However in her explanation she also would help to suit his point. "In essence, perhaps you see the chaos differently than I do. Essentially all was and use to be chaos, random and abundant energy with no order or structure. That all changed when someone, or something instituted order onto it. As more things are granted the ability to bring order to chaos will all these forces meet in some kind of equilibrium and truly find a balance? One structured order clashes with another and propagates chaos. When all sides lose control, chaos will prevail and seek its way out from order. Quite abstract surely but everything eventually withers away and returns to it."

Listening in to the lecture there was also something seemingly archaic about referring to the chakra of demons. All he thought generally of demons were folk lore that was long brought about by being unable to define and accurately analyze the powers they witnessed leading to superstitious claims of dark beings and evil entities. While the power of nature was most certainly fact having read about the power and how it can be utilized. From his understanding nature techniques were far more advanced and even more prone to chaos if mishandled but was far powerful. Even if he considered it primitive it could even be considered superior in a variety of ways. When it came to ancient chakra however this started to be slightly lost on him however there was intrigue. One would think that as time went on as humans developed the effectiveness in using their chakra would have continued to advance as time went on. Perhaps it could have also been counter intuitive. As these techniques were further developed they were made in the idea for ease of use and availability. Not everybody has the potential to use nature chakra, then perhaps ancient chakra was even more dangerous? The question was, was it dangerous for the user or dangerous for those who could be subjected to it's power? When proposed a question from the lecturer it would require a simple answer. "The ancestry of those clans stem far back in history but to consider their powers ancient I cannot be too sure. This ancient power seems to be much grander in scale. I don't think those clans go back far enough to have been involved in such a thing. Otherwise I think those clans would be more aware of it, at least in their lore."

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A gathering of the minds was in progress within the Grand Hall of Learning and at this moment Chou wanted to be there. He had heard about someone interesting teaching a class today and the young man did enjoy learning however he was pretty late and he'd push all he had into getting there in a timely fashion. As he darted paper began to fall from his notebook leaving a trail of white squares. As Chou darted he used gravity jutsu to manipulate his weight and shift it forward so he could accelerate. The goal was getting closer and he wanted to get in there as soon as possible.

People inside the building and maybe in the rooms might have heard a large crack noise. They may have even felt their room vibrate as Chou had to forcefully pound gravity make himself stop. Whenever he did that technique it was always a major b-word to stop it. The tan skinned shinobi jogged to the lecture room and stopped in front of the entrance. With a deep inhale and exhale he walked in casually and rushed to the nearest seat or wall. He would keep his head down and not speak unless asked a question or until the instructor asked a question. He would simply listen and learn until there was an opportunity for discussion.

Although being late he did catch one person's comment. A woman who spoke with a sense of confidence or so it seemed to him.

"I'd have to say ancient. It's all to do with psychology. When one hears the word young or ancient they automatically represent it with a numerical value. Young would be less than ancient, therefore giving ancient an older value. Seeing as all three of those Clans have been around since the first men, it's logical they'd fall into the ancient category."

Interesting way to put age to something but it's logical. That's exactly how people think but that's just a base right? I'm sure she could break it down into many types of ages, mindsets those ages have such as younger teens being rebellious and late teens a sense of adventure and responsibility. Then you'd have to look at gender because females mature faster than males. So many factors from just one statement. He was already enveloping himself within this discussion or at least he was trying. The next person to speak up spoke about chaos. This must have been what they spoke about before I came. I wonder what chaos truly is. I should pay attention to see if he makes any callbacks or breakthroughs on the lecture. The man began to speak more about order and chaos. He simply explained the balance of powers between the two and Chou quietly mumbled to himself "Yin and yang". It seemed simple enough to describe the balance of chaos and order as yin and yang. Although was there truly any of that?

Chou listened to him speak to the very end perking his ears that he came to the ancestry of clans. He simply bounced in the inside waiting to be asked something or to figure out fully what subject they were discussing. Their statements were solid and he was completely ready to get into this conversation as much as possible.
- I've been watching this for a while I want to be in it.
- Chou has white hair, tan skin, green eyes, and he's wearing tan robes today. He has golden bracelets, and a golden necklace on.
- The purple words in italics are his thoughts and bold is speech (same color).
- If anything is wrong with my post please pm me and I will fix what needs to be fixed.

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Well, the pace of the discussion was surely starting to pick up by now...more listeners coming, and voicing their opinion. Some of them calm and collected, some quite agitated...to see the Kage react in an actually emotional way was somewhat of an oddity. As for the discussion about the role of chaos in the formation of jutsu (whatever you understood chaos as...) he couldn’t say much about. He wasn’t that well versed in the theory behind Jutsu formation. He was more on the side of Kumiko, since it was his own energy which allowed him to move the sand, not some kind of godly intervention or random burst of cosmic luck...though again, he was most likely oversimplifying, hence why he didn’t speak his thoughts out loud.

What he was more interested was the theory about Bloodlines...but before he could consider what he wanted to say, someone decided to step into the room...with a bit more oomph then the previous participants. Turning around to see what was causing the ruckus, he would have a quick glance at Okibi before she jumped of him, planting her foot right on his face. That didn’t feel quite nice, he thought to himself as he tumbled his seat to the ground, luckily only bumping into the floor lightly. Note to self: work on awareness of random danger in the future. Though he wasn’t sure if trying to defend him with the sand wouldn’t cause more of a ruckus then needed...

Either way, he would stand up a few second later saying "Ehh...And that's why the Academy tutors keep on droning about being always cautious folks" he said with a chuckle, trying to not make to much fuss about being trampled like that Turning around towards Seitoshi as everyone before him stopped speaking, and while giving a small wave to Okibi, which he remembered meeting a few days prior, he would say "Its hard to really judge just where in the grand scale of power each clan may lay...I’m quite sure each of the older clans does have some lore which would tie them to the First of Man, just as my does. The question is what could have caused this innate power to diminish over time...assuming of course it is something tied to the Blood itself and not something else in its nature..." scratching his head a bit as he spoke. It was a tricky thing. The lore of the past, as vague as it was, mentioned the SUnahoshi being gifted with their power...just how could that work? Just what could bestow these powers? Or was it just some metaphor of training? Curious, curious issues...so detached from him, yet so close.

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The ancients and the power that they once wielded was extraordinary that was for sure. It was a subject that Tama had spent some time looking over in the ongoing search for knowledge, especially since his meeting with one. His mind went back over all the information he had read and crossed referenced it with the current knowledge with the Blood Powers of today while he listened to the opinions of his peers to work up his own statement. There was a number of things to go over when it came to these powers which was difficult to explain unless in chart form, but the white board had taken a fall for the class in order to keep the teachings going.

Ancient power is something beyond what we have but I have to agree that it is the power we hold now only in a degraded form. The strength of the dojutsu Shargingan when completely mastered, for example, is probably one of the few known secret powers that compare to the strength of the ancients,” Tama stood up and walked back up towards the white board as he couldn’t really explain without a chart. He kneeled down and grabbed the board by its legs and lifted it back up in a standing position before going on a mini quest to search for the missing marker; he was rewarded for it after a few steps towards the back.
Now,” Tama said as he triumphantly walked back up to the board with marker in hand, “Those whose share in the Uchiha bloodline naturally have control over fire, can specialize in genjutsu or battle accuracy, and are considered one of the more powerful of the bloodlines because of how rapidly and diversified their power can evolve,” Tama wrote a chart detailing what he had just said and a touch of math to back up his information with a special character in his algebra just as he had done before.
This thing,” he said poking at the character, “is what I in theory have decided to call the “Ancient Effect” where powers that are directly related have a chance to evolve into something incredibly powerful. The Uchiha is my favorite example to use for this because after the user trains their dojutsu, the chakra control for it, and physically master themselves they can enhance the strength of their eyes by adding “wheels” to the spiral in their eyes. Once three wheels have been added its considered to be at their top strength, however, this is where the Ancient Effect kicks in.
In the event of something traumatic or the stubbornness of the dying the Sharingan can evolve again and enhance its state into a fourth and far more powerful form that not only grants them strengths to the specializations that they have chosen but also strengthens the powers they didn’t focus on. For example an Uchiha that has specialized in, let’s say, pure melee accuracy will be able to use genjutsu and the fire element without batting an eyelash once the Fourth Evolution has been reached. It is of my belief that all powers are weakened forms of the Ancients and that with enough active research, training, and testing we can find a way to naturally unlock a Fifth Evolution for the Sharingan and beyond that will take us a step closer to that power we once had; the same can be said for just about all abilities that are born within the blood.

Tama turned towards the board once more and wrote down his current algebraic formula for the strength of an ancient, and it was easy to see that the power that came from that solution was far more strong and confusing than that of the Uchiha that he had wrote before placing the marker in the little groove along the bottom of the board and taking his seat once more amongst his classmates and leaning back a little in his chair. The holy strength inside of him surged a little in his relaxed state causing his left eye to painfully transform for a second, causing him to quickly close it in a grunt of pain and forcing the strength back down into his coil. The information he had researched involving the Uchiha was once again something he was doing to attempt to discover the origins of his powers since, when it was active, his eyes had the tendency to shift colors and cause perfect vision despite being near-sighted otherwise; his left eye even transformed in the iris giving him a reptilian slit that was able to see souls when they were out of body; as it had when he first met Mikaboshi. His left hand gently reached up under his glasses to rub the sore eye after the sudden burst of power in an attempt to sooth it. The powers were becoming harder to keep in check and he would eventually need something physical to control them or finagle another meeting with his master.

The boy reached down towards one of his scrolls he had come carrying in here with and unrolled it before drawing out a pen from within his vest to begin writing as soon as people began to counter his theories and studies with their own so that he could start jotting down notes for research later tonight. Perhaps he would discover a piece of his own truth by crowd sourcing theories.

[Sorry for taking so long to get a post in, something crazy beyond Skyrim happened and it distracted me even further.]

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When Sousuke tried to dislodge her, Okibi growled softly, unhappy. He was trying to push her away when she wanted to learn something? That didnt make any sense. He was usually quick to teach her, even when she didnt want to learn. When he pointed to something, Okibi turned to look and saw what looked like a deformed rock. What was that? Sousuke's next words went in one ear and out the other as her attention was captured by the strange object. Climbing down from her perch upon the steward, she carefully approached the lumpy object. Crouching on all fours, she stopped a foot or two away from the thing, and carefully prodded it with her foot. When her foot sank in, she jumped back a little in surprise. It tried to eat her foot!

Now growling, Okibi circled around the squishy foot eating rock, glaring daggers at it. She stopped behind it, and paid no mind when Sousuke slid something over to her. She was much too engrossed in dealing with her squishy rock foe! Rearing an arm back, she launched a punch at the thing, and nearly shrieked when it simply absorbed her attack. What in the world! Wasnt its mouth on the other side!?

Apparently, this creature was like none other that she had encountered before. It could move its mouth from one side of its form to the other! Sneaky thing.

Getting a little angry now, Okibi's growls escalated. How could she defeat this thing if it just kept absorbing her attacks like some kind of evil... absorby thing!? Looking down at her fist, Okibi unclenched it, and looked at her claws. That's when it hit her. This thing might be able to absorb her blunt force attacks, but perhaps it would not be immune to slashes! Decided to test this teory, Okibi drew her arm back again, and once more threw it at the squishy rock, her claws bared. As she hoped, its surface sliced open, showing her that there were some strange, tiny white balls contained inside it. They looked like insects! How vile, her foe was made of insects!

Such a foul thing had to be decimated.

Circling around the squishy bug filled rock, Okibi slashed and slashed and slashed until it was absolutely littered with wounds. The little white bugs leaked out, and fearing they might be poisonous, Okibi leapt back so they couldnt touch her. Without looking, her leap took her to land on the white haired boy that had just taken his seat. She latched onto him and his seat, one hand on his head, and the other holding onto the back of his chair. Essentially, she was squatting in his lap. But of course Okibi paid no attention to what she was doing, or who she had unknowingly gotten very much within the personal space of. All that mattered was defeating her nemesis! Letting loose another fierce growl, she jumped off the boys lap, flew high into the air of the room, and came crashing down onto the squishy bug rock with a body slam.

The little white balls flew absolutely everywhere, landing on everything and everyone. Okibi, who was now calming down after defeating the evil creature, sat up and took a closer look at what she had thought were bugs. She squished one of the tiny balls between her fingers and saw that they were in fact, not bugs. She looked down at the monster's empty carcass that lay defeated beneath her bottom, and pulled at one of the slashed she had made in its hide. Looking closely, she realized that the outer shell was some sort of material, similar to some clothing that Chiyoko had tried to get her to wear.

Growing confused, Okibi looked up and rose the deflated squishy rock into the air, trying to get Sousuke's attention. "What this!?" She asked loudly.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back