Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The League of Extraordinary Scientists

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward stood there and watched as the siblings spoke back and forth. He always wondered if siblings always carried along like this. His uncle and his father had their disagreements, but it usually wasn't loud or violent. "Right. I merely suggest the concept of entropy-chaotic natured jutsu as a sort of bridge if you will back into the concept of order. I suppose darkness could fit that description, if you were an avid believer of that school of thought. At the barest of minimum, I was trying not to be rude on closing the door on that topic, that is to say I'm not slamming the door shut in someone's face."<i></i> The Steward nodded his head. He was doing his utmost in trying to mean well.

"At any rate. I am glad that we have come to a consensus on the nature of bloodlines being some aspect of the Ancient. I will agree that it is a stretch to consider them part of the Ancient, but my overall goal here is just to have it in your mind for your consideration. Elements indeed are older than bloodlines, so I would place them in the fore front in contrast to bloodlines."<i></i> The Steward paced about. Harupia's question caused Sousuke to pause. "I've wondered about that myself. Some would say that the purity of the bloodline is being tampered with... but that is to be expected in time. An Inuzuka marries a Santaru, an Amburmane marries an Akamichi. I would think that the child would eventually loses certain key characteristics, but over time you would have a particularly gifted child surface with characteristics thought to be lost. A simple explanation, but one that I do not buy. Perhaps some clans and offbranch clans keep secrets from others?"<i></i> The Steward wondered how many of the Sunahoshi secrets were unknown to the Sunaku. The Steward's mind snapped back as heard the sounds of tearing. He looked to his audience and then noticed Chou. The Steward blinked, and then nodded his head at the man in the form of a greeting.

Strangely enough Tama had revealed something in the case of an Uchiha. He raised an eyebrow as his thoughts went to his mother. He had seen her use the sharinghan, but to some minor extents. He hadn't seen any of the characteristics Tama described manifest, but then again it was possible she kept them secret until she truly needed to draw upon that power. Perhaps it was the Masashi offshoot branch that perhaps didn't have such a feature in their sharinghan. Tama then went and fixed the board and found a marker. "Ah. Thank-you."<i></i> The Steward's eyes looked over the formula and he scratched the back of his head. It didn't make sense to him at first, but as he toyed with the numbers in his own way. "Oh. Right. Ha ... so it does make sense--"<i></i> Sousuke was then interrupted by Okibi. The Steward turned to seeing the bean bag chair torn up he then realized he was slightly covered in beans. This was probably when he was trying to figure out Tama's math. The Steward exchanged glances between the chair and Okibi. Sousuke looked like he was about to be sad, but as usual the expression never truly came to fruition. "I liked that chair... most of my cata-volirium theories came to me when I was sitting in that chair playing with an rubix cube."<i></i> When asked what it was very loudly, Sousuke waved his hand. "Pardon me for a moment. I am sorry about this, my Ward is ... not native nor is she innate with common and mannerisms."<i></i> The Steward's dark eyes narrowed. He seemed on the verge of being angry. He bit his lip. "Chair. Fun chair. Sit. It reforms."<i></i> The Steward rubbed his forehead. "It is not an enemy. Promise me you won't do that again."<i></i> The Steward wondered if she should discipline Okibi, but the problem is she wouldn't understand. "You destroyed my chair. No pats. Not now. Mmm... try reading a few pages to Kitchenzilla won't you?"<i></i> Just as Sousuke finished speaking, another entrant made her way down the stairs doing so in a less nosily manner. Clanks and machine work could be heard as a lizard like mechanical monstrosity made her way down the stairs. Upon spotting Chou, the creature let out a small woof. This construction was puppet like in nature, but it lacked strings. It was self sustaining and fully operational. Perhaps most disturbing of all she was taller than the Steward. Upon making her way down the stairs the creature made her way upon her two powerful legs towards Sousuke. The creature turned and looked at the audience and waved her small arms. Following that she let out another woof. "Here she is."<i></i>

"A query for all of you. For your consideration I pose you this. Some clans out there, such as my own the Takahashi are not innate with fire jutsu, dojutsu, taijutsu, or signature ninjutsus. That is to say we have contributed in a different way to the grand scheme of things."<i></i>The Steward walked over to the wall, and flipped a switch. From the rafters two cages descended. The Steward one by one revealed each of them. The first was a giant blue puppet that looked more like a suit of armour. It sported a very large white and silver shield on its back that was oval shaped. "Model X605. Code name Defender Prime. Retired puppet that was designed to protect from high density beam jutsus and extreme elemental confrontation. Your parents may remember him from the old days... the model never got to be mass produced due to the material required for the shield to be lacking for such numbers."<i></i> The Steward next went to next cage and revealed the contents. It looked like a canine, but armoured with cannons mounted upon the shoulders. To Okibi it would look like familiar from a certain pictured "A puppet constructed by myself... canine-like in nature yes. That was done on purpose mind you ... as my Ward has a familiar of similar size. He didn't take well to the concept of cannons mounted on his shoulder ... so I made a puppet version of himself. Mass production model? Not sure yet."<i></i> Sousuke would then motion to Kitchenzilla who was doing her utmost to captivate Okibi. "I would ask that you refrain from asking if she will be a mass production model. She's my pet, and some of you may know of her. For those that don't ... her name is Kitchenzilla. She is my pet.."<i></i> The Steward began to pace. "Now. I know some of you think I have gone and waylaid the topic at hand, but my question to you is ... artisans. We have had our moments of brilliance, and sometimes we have made sub-par concepts. It merely depends upon the imagination of one. Older models have indeed showed great potential and power... but would you consider them Ancient in nature? Our works use chakra, be it armour, puppetry, weapons are infused with chakra... and some secrets have indeed been lost. We follow the nature of genuine genius clans, but in a different manner."<i></i>

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seems that there was a good arrangement of minds here that have come to this lecture. While their ideas varied between them there were always multiple approaches to contemplating such mysteries. These mysteries were seldom straight forward and it's knowing what are the right questions to ask in order to seek out the truth. Many times it was hard to discern these questions but another viewpoint could become an eccentric muse in the mind. There was one man though that caught his attention, more for the subject that he spoke of. As he went in depth with an explanation of the Sharingan and his perspective on their abilities it only made Bruinetto wonder. Why is it that he knows so much about the Uchiha clan? In what matter did he acquire this information about them; Personal experience, folklore, history, or scientific research? “It's dull to hear about my own family line. The folklore and second hand accounts of the Sharingan always makes it out to be some kind of mystical super power. If those eyes are tied into ancient power I would hate to see what side effects such powers would have.”

At this point Bruinetto had almost tuned out the child who was in the room. His notice of her would draw him out of his thoughts. It made him wonder what the child was actually doing here during this lecture. With the level they were speaking he would be hard pressed to believe that she was comprehending this. What he could notice from her actions was a clamoring for the attention of the lecturer. Bruinetto imagined the type of frustration this could cause but he handled her gracefully and with courtesy. It was admirable to see such patience in a person. Calling her some kind of ward however made him curious. Was he her parent? Or perhaps a mentor of sorts? Guess that explains his question on why she was here in the first place. It was then he called out to someone, but it turned out to be something.

A strange creation would make its way into the room and his eyes just about lit up upon seeing it. The strange creature was standing there and proved capable of directing itself. Sousuke didn't seem to have any kind of remote so it was a question of how was it being controlled? The frame work of the creature resembled something like a hodgepodge of various puppet frame designs. The concept of taking these parts and applying them to automatons wasn't entirely new. As an explanation of the creature was given there was something peculiar with his wording. What he created he called it, his pet? Up to this point he was assuming this machine was operating on chakra provided from Sousuke. Did this creature actually exhibit a consciousness? How, was it possible that he created what appeared to be a sentient life that could maintain itself and even more so be self aware.

“Depends on how far back they were made. The precursors of what we have now that span great lengths of time is what I would consider ancient. I think anybody who have looked into puppets would have encountered the name Chikamatsu. A native of a Suna that is long gone who pioneered puppeteering. That is what I would consider ancient.” This was definitely the most literal interpretation. There was just something about the concept of ancient chakra that was bugging him. Perhaps it was just how it was being described. Associating a type of power with just being ancient made him think primitive more than anything else.

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It figured her brother would take matters too literally in this lecture. Did he not understand this wasn't some universal understanding of the universe and its creation? This was simply a discussion concerning the nature of chakra and it's effects on elements. He ALWAYS had to take things one step further and out shine her. " I know the theory Bruinetto. I'm not an idiot. So I know how it works. But once again you have taken us off topic into your own lecture. This is suppose to be about elemental jutsu. I don't see the correlation between chaos into chakra controlled elements. " She hated going off topic. So for once and for all she would finalize her view point on the original topic, hoping Bruinetto could leave it be.

As for the next topic it appeared the majority viewed those bloodlines as ancient. Many of the other's attending had interesting incites as well. One being that of Sunaku Harupia. " That's an easy answer. Diluted blood. Unless a member of said clan married, or mated, with another of their clan the blood of that clan wouldn't be as strong as that of their parents. Imagine generations of this and their is your cause for such a diminished power. '' Of course she would be one of these examples.

Now Kumiko wasn't a very skeptical or paranoid person...ok maybe she was. The moment some stranger started talking about HER clan. HER family, that caused some questions to spark within her mind. How, exactly, did some academy student know so much about her family. But much like her brother she found it boring to talk about things she already knew about. Unfortunately she couldn't keep her mouth shut. " I would find it most interesting to learn how you know so much of the Uchiha. " This was her way, her stubborn way, of agreeing with what he spoke of.

Her brow twitched slightly as, once more, their train of discussion was interrupted by the Kage's ward. Kumiko. to put it lightly, was not a person who enjoyed children. In fact she tried to stay away from them as much as possible. Seeing as this was the kage she tried to best to simply ignore the outbursts. Luckily Sousuke went straight into his next point. Once the lights were switched off two cages came down from the ceiling. Each one holding a type of puppet. Kumiko was not very proficient in the use of puppets. It just wasn't her style. However this would prove most useful if she ever fought against one who was proficient. Yet he posed a very interesting question. Were puppets and their art form considered ancient? it took Kumiko a few moments to ponder this. " On first response I want to say no. One must first master their own chakra to perfection in order to imbue it into an innate object. Elemental jutsu is something we are born to be proficient in. This artistry requires much training before becoming proficient. I think the clans skill, though this is mere observation, is in the engineering of these pieces. That aspect, I feel, could be considered ancient. Man has always tinkered and build things. I believe it is in our nature. But as 'ancient' as what we talked of before? " It was more of a rhetorical question to end off on. One she wanted others to build on.

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Oh what a class. If his normal classes were as intellectually influencing as this one then he’d probably show up to them more than just for the tests needed to pass. There were those questioning his knowledge, there was a respected mathematician confused and understanding his take on the horrid subject of math, and there was…

Obiki.

Tama didn’t have much of a chance to respond to the angsty Uchiha who was questioning how he knew so much about her clan as if such things were secrets…well they probably were but not for him. The boy had a knack for figuring things out on his own accord simply by reading what was published locally and using his brain to unravel what wasn’t. The Shraingan was a common study since it was known throughout the land was the most powerful dojutsu, though it was true that outside of the clans not much was publicly published. It still hadn’t stopped him from toying with the very basic genetic mathematical truths of the technique and coming up with the theory on how the eye evolved over time in both power and strength. The Steward had just mentioned that they were known in fire elemental control, it was known that they had incredible prowess in genjutsu, and the genetic makeup of the eye suggested that it also gave extreme clarity. Yet as he was about to make his retort to an actual clansman of the Uchiha he felt his teacher’s ward land on him, his head clutched in one hand, the chair cluctched by another, and a foot in a very uncomfortable place in his lap; a pain that only doubled when she launched off of him to attack the beanbag chair she had mauled once again.

Clutching his jewels as in a natural reaction, as if it would somehow sooth the terrible ache, Tama fell out of his seat coughing and hacking as a natural pain rolled through his body. He curled up into the fetal position and sobbed a little as he tried to control himself for the sake of his pride and fight through the pain to retort to the question posed. A shaky hand finally lifted itself from his lap to grasp the edge of his desk in the attempt to very slowly and painfully pull himself back up from the floor and into the seat where he sat on the edge panting in a cold sweat. Tama had suffered blows from training before but this was absolutely ridiculous in comparison…who knew that such a weak spot existed on him? Further study into the human anatomy would have to be conducted later in search of protection from this weakness that his gender granted him.

It took him a good minute to recover himself enough to bend down and knock his scrolls around until he found a rather large one with a golden locked seal on it and rolled it towards the girl who had demanded to know how he knew of her clan so well. It would contain not just notes of what he had come to understand from her clan but also notes on the predicament of his eye visual prowess that wasn’t quite at the Uchiha level in variety but shared a lot of the same traits which had pushed him to conduct the research in the first place. Not but moments after that some kind of mechanical contraption began to meander down the way towards the Steward and his ward followed by two cages that drifted from the ceiling containing creations that rivaled in marvel. Tama’s amber eyes scanned over them in wonder before tearing up from the pain again, unable to answer a question posed again by the teacher.

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Just as he expected, the speakers gathered in the room didn’t fail to deliver to his question. Some of the answer sounding better then he others. Kimiko’s point of view was the most obvious and logical…but again, he didn’t really find it appealing. If there was anyone who believed in people and their potential, it was this man right here. And the thought of their powers being naturally weaker with each generation. He would agree having a good base was important…but he could not in good consciousness assume that you couldn’t transcend these natural, genetic limits.

While he didn’t care much about the Uchiha analogy, not really having much knowledge of the clan and its abilities, he liked the notion of them being able to transcend what seemed to be their natural limits…though the danger involved didn’t sound as appealing. But it was something to consider…though he would like to try and talk about this with Seitoshi or the younger Tama alone. He didn’t really want to burden other peoples with his fears or any…concerns or plans he might have.

IN the meantime, the secret agent of Chaos known as Okibi tried her best to throw the discussion of course…well, that could be one way to interpreted it at least if you were in a joining mood, he thought to himself with a slight smile. As disruptive as her antics were to the discussion, seeing her battle the bean bag sofa was amusing…though he felt a bit worried about how Ryuu got struck down. But the boy seemed to be gathering himself up, so that was good.

And after that interruption, the Kage introduced a new angle o discussion…he was famed for his pupetree and his mechanical creations, and now he could see why. All three of the…contraptions were quite impressive... He found it a bit surprising he would consider one of them a pet, but if he felt like that. Sitting down for now, Harupia said “Quite impressive creations, Takahashi-san. Though I can say much about how they work, since I have very little knowledge about mechanical works... As for you question, it’s a bit hard to say. With Bloodlines like the Uhicha, or mine, there is a tangible physical trait, or a set of skills we inherit. With you expertise in puppetry…perhaps it is also something in the blood, but it seems a bit less…tangible. Again, as it was said before, it is somewhat different…just hard to really say where the difference lies…”

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Okibi was completely oblivious to the pain she caused to the smart white haired boy. She did notice however, that Sousuke was... displeased with her. So the evil absorby thing was actually a chair? At least it had been, before Okibi happened to it. The girl looked down at the remains of the vinyl creature she was sitting on and slowly stood up so she could take a better look at it. She supposed, now that she had calmed down, that the thing really hadnt been capable of causing her any harm... perhaps she had acted too quickly. Glancing back over at Sousuke, who was rubbing his forehead, Okibi quickly made up her mind about something and put the slashed up bean back chair on the side, folded up nicely. It was at this time that Kitchenzilla made her appearance. Okibi grinned slightly, as she was actually quite fond of the metal lizard now that she was over her initial wariness of it. When she came over to Okibi at Sousuke's behest, Okibi jumped up onto her back so she could whisper at the creature.

"Kitchy, will you help me collect the little white bugs all over the place please? I need them so I can fix Sogay's squishy chair." And without even waiting to see if the metal construct would agree, she set about doing what she proposed. Trying to be discreet, Okibi crawled along the ground, sweeping up the little white beans with her arms and making neat little piles of them. She squirmed under everyone's chairs one by one, accidentally hitting her head a few times. But after a wince and a hiss she went along her way. She even went so far as to stop by a few people to dust the beans that'd gotten stuck on them, neither asking permission nor offering an apology.

Before long, she'd gathered up all the little white balls into neat piles all over the room. Okibi stood up to admire her work, wiping the shimmer from her brow, when two cages were lowered into the room. She didnt care about the caged that housed the Model whatevertheheckitwas, but the one beside it caught her attention. When it was opened, a scream caught in her throat.

That... that was Number Seven! He was all shiny, and made of metal now, and he had big boxes on his shoulders, but there was no doubt about it! That was her Seven! With her eyes wide and full of shock, Okibi slowly approached the cage and reached out to touch the metal canines snout. She... she didnt get it. How did this happen to him so quickly? She was pretty sure she had left him outside the building when they had first arrived for Sousuke's lecture... When did anyone have the time to do this to him!?

Whirling on Sousuke, looking furious, Okibi snarled. "What you do to Seven!? Why he metal!?" She demanded, not caring that she was once again disrupting the back and forth going on between him and the other people gathered in the room. Tears were forming at the corners of her eyes, though whether they were formed from sheer anger or sadness, who knew. She looked incredibly angry, but the shaking in her limbs and lips said differently.

Obviously someone hadnt been paying any attention at all when Sousuke previously explained that this was actually just a puppet made to resemble her canine companion. But that was nothing new. The girl was making it a habit to tune the human man out when he started to babble about shy-ants and other such related topics. They simply didnt interest her.

Turned out that wasnt always a good thing apparently.

(Italics is beast speech.)

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Okibi's surprise and distraught caught the Steward offguard. He was somewhat amazed really. Such strong emotions and such a strong bond she had with Number Seven. This was the bond Sousuke was trying to create with Kitchenzilla but on a less level. The Steward turned to his audience. "One moment." He placed his hands on his Ward, "Listen carefully."<i></i> There was something in his neutral tone of voice that expressed what would seem to be a firmness. "Okibi needs to try and listen more carefully to what Sousuke says. Listen to others before you act. That is most important. If Okibi had listened to what Sousuke had said earlier she would have learned something. This is a copy of Number Seven. Not the real Number Seven. Sousuke would not harm Number Seven. Sousuke thinks alot of Number Seven like he does Okibi. It may be hard to believe of course."<i></i> The Steward gave Okibi extra time to fully understand what he meant. The Steward was well aware of his ability to drone on. He was also aware that one needed time to recompose themselves.

Kitchenzilla reiterated. "Bark. Woof. Woof. Bark!"<i></i> (Sousuke made a copy of Number Seven. Remember the Sandworm that Judori used to scare you during your lessons? Sousuke made a version of that in the likeness of Number Seven. Number Seven is where you left him not to worry!) The giant mechanical construct had her arms full of the white balls Okibi was collecting. "Woof. Woof? Bark?"<i></i> (What do you want me to do with these? Should I put them in the bag?) The giant metal beast turned her head to the audience. "Woof. Woof. Woof. Bark. Bark." (I think it would be wise to let Sousuke go. He is trying to teach people, like he taught you the other day. You should listen. He says some pretty cool things, for a human. I must fight the urge to chase my tail.)

Sousuke turned back to the audience now that things were more in control. "Ah. Varied opinions. I am very glad we all have considered this aspect of the ancient."<i></i> The Steward spoke. He welcomed their considerations and merely it was his goal to have their considerations. "Thank-you Haurpia for the compliment. Now to address your comment. Yes the Takahashi clan has been proficient in wielding puppets for the longest time being the manufacturing and the wielding of them. The problem is that from time to time you have a Takahashi such as myself in recent records who is ... handicapped in the wielding of them. I am incapable of properly manifesting the chakra strings one needs to wire a puppet. To put it mildly chakra strings are like ninja wire. My chakra strings appear as ribbon ... which you use to tie up gifts with---"<i></i> For a brief moment Sousuke paused as if the cat had gotten his tongue so to speak. If it were not for the lack of facial expression one would detect that he was disturbed by his handicap. The Steward gathered himself to continue his discussion. "To tell if it is in the blood is something difficult to do. Mayhaps it is a general trait yes. I am inclined to accept that."<i></i>

Bruinetto brought up the theories of Chikamatsu. The Steward nodded his head. "Ah yes. Chikamatsu, the soul is not in the machine it is in the human. We can mechanize the soul if we mechanize the human. A dangerous and troubling thought. An ancient concept ... both in time and in design. I believe his designs to be ancient ... as it was rumored he was able to tame demons and then convert them into puppetry. A lost technique. I would think that this skill aligns with the original thought of lecture."<i></i> The Steward paced for a moment. "The Takahashi method is less disturbing, it is our belief that when we make puppets we are molding the soul of the earth. Some think that puppet designs can be imprinted upon by the emotions we feel when crafting them. Not nearly as barbaric in contrast to Chikamatsu, wouldn't you agree? We are loathe to foul the soul of the earth and so we do not associate with any of Chikamatsu's theories. It must be our belief in Mother Suna which has ... strengthened our theory structure. I agree with you it is a matter of time with the concept of the ancient... some designs have faded from time and some have not. This can be based upon resources for the most part."<i></i>

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Sousuke continued to go on about the intricacies and different aspects of puppeteering the subject was becoming quite interesting with him. While searching for inspiration when it came to simple machines and intricate mechanisms for invention looking into the history of their villages puppet masters was by far the best place to start. These crafty artisans with their eye for design and keen prowess for spatial thinking they were the engineers of shinobi. As always with time there are periods of innovation to help spur the field. Not all innovations were efficient in bringing the technology forward and more often than not had a morally gray background to their creation. While the lore of taking the bodies of demons and turning them into puppets he figured was more associated with superstitious interpretations from opponents. "So it is the method of your family that through the crafting process you put a little of yourself into it. Whatever you would need to put in I guess would be a matter of the design. This self-regulated form combined with sentience though is impressive. It makes me wonder how complex it is capable of thinking. I really only have heard puppets being able to display such properties if they were converted from humans. Although with the process of converting a person into a puppet you can choose to phase out the conscious mind so it makes sense through another method you could implant one." Just with the idea of being able to create life into creations like this it was like playing the role of a creator. Looking at it that way he would help that the thoughts of these creations wouldn't end up becoming a cult fanaticism to their creator if they were to be mass produced.

Even during the midst of having conversation his eyes had been focused on the creature who was comically named "Kitchenzilla". Something like this to him seemed to be a rather impressive breakthrough and it was worth replicating. Thinking about this more though he did start to wonder about the creatures function. What was the point of it being self-aware? If it could function like a body guard then perhaps by allowing it this sentience it can form a bond with those it protects. This adapting protocol and awareness could clearly benefit the outcome overtime during it's learning experience.

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Her interest in puppets was limited however Kumiko continued to pay attention to what was being said around her. Many people had different views upon this lecture, even if it took a small detour. An amusing thing did happen. Apparently the child recognized one of the puppets. Had the Steward made one in the image of another? Interesting.

Quickly the Steward responded to Harupia's comments. Saying, unlike more Takahashi, he was unable to use his bloodlines abilities to their true potential. Yet he was still able to form the chakra strings. " But you are still able to form the chakra strings. Which means you could still be proficient in puppetry. Not everyone is born into their clan abilities as masters. Even if one is gifted in such things due to their clan, it still requires training and work into order to use them. " It was much the same with her Sharingan. One had to unlock it then train to make it stronger.

From here Kumiko took a back seat to her brother. This was his area of expertise. The making and workings of all things. Of course puppetry would intrigue him. Chikamatsu hadn't occurred with in her mind. " Hmmm. Human puppets. Every technique always as its most ultimate form. But would that be considered the ancient in techniques? The ultimate technique? Or The original technique which came before it? Much like the proverbial ' Which came first. The chicken of the egg. '

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Harupia blinked a bit at the antics of the red-headed younger girl...Such a curious child...he found it hard to believe Sousuke could really contain this wild bundle of energy...then again, as the Steward spoke to her in a calm, but still very didactic in its nature, by what he said. Maybe if anything, the somewhat unnaturally calm man was the perfect guardian for the girl. And even his grand creation, the Kitchenzilla (he had no idea how he came up with the name...but he couldn’t help to find it amusing) was there to assist, seemingly the advanced machine being capable of communicating with the girl in the beast tongue. It seemed that she got under the right roof after all.

He focused first on the interactions between the Takahashi and their guest, and then observed the puppets that were presented. The likelihood of the one which looked like Okibi's canine companion was quite astonishing. Disregarding the additional weaponry. He could truly appreciate the craftsmanship that went into the creation of the contraptions, being a strict himself. He couldn’t really speak much about using them in battle. He listened to him explaining about the Chkamatsu and his own clan, how they differed in their approach to creating their puppets. An interesting bit of history...if a bit disturbing in part of the Chikamatsu part. He much preferred the Takahashi way, it reminded him of how own work. Always trying to treat his creations with utmost care, try to imprint a bit of you in them...heh, who knows, maybe with some proper training he could get into the puppet creating business.

The talk took a rather...disturbing turn at some point. Scratching his head Harupia asked "These...human puppets you speak of...were things like that truly created? And If I understood right, they were something more closely to the Chikamatsu School of puppetry, right? I mean...I really find it hard to believe such a thing could be created..." he said with a shudder. Harupia didn’t like death, in any form. Dealing it, seeing it...for him, using someone’s body as a tool, changing it into some contraption, it just sounded wrong. Regardless if you did it with a living or dead body...for him, it was a perversion of life. And he could never feel good knowing that somewhere out there, there were people who actually did such things...and that he might have to face them someday.

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Okibi stopped listening to Sousuke halfway through his little lecture. Yes, she was doing exactly the opposite of what he was just lecturing her on, but she had more important things to do. She looked back at the large metal dog that looked so much like her Number Seven. This creature was just a puppet then, another one of Sousuke's toys. The girl shrugged it off and scurried away from the front of the room.

"Cmon Kitchy! I wanna get started on this thing right away. I think Im gonna have to ask Chichi for some help though..." The girl growled at the large metal lizard, motioning for Kitchenzilla to follow her since the creature had all the little balls in her arms. She scooped up the remains of Sousuke's bean bag chair and skirted around the crowd of people still listening the man.

Quickly and quietly, Okibi swept out of the room, completely forgetting about the book which was the entire reason why she burst in in the first place.

(Thats so short and sucky... but I need to get out of some threads before my brain fries. x_x)

[TOPIC LEFT]

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The lecture continued to go on without any of his input which was just fine with Tama since he was really unable to speak. Just when he had thought the pain would slowly go away it started to get worse and the boy found himself trying so hard not to vomit over everything. Seriously the poor guy was in a lot of pain.
His spectacle enhanced eyes looked up, or at least tried to, to give the Steward a facial expression that he would no longer be able to finish this lesson and that he’d have to excuse himself. It wasn’t from a lack of brain power that was keeping him from going but rather a lack of personal pain control in his nethers. With a mighty grunt and whimper Tama scooted out of his seat, grabbed his bags deciding to just simply leave the scroll about the Uchiha with the girl since she was so curious about how he knew these things and began to shuffle out of the class room behind the mechanical wonder known as Kitchenzilla.

The boy really hoped he’d never come across Okibi again for the rest of his life.

((Crappy ending post but like Okibi said, brain fry! Sorry for holding ya'll up, hope to RP with each and everyone of you guys again someday.)

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Bruinetto discussed the family skill a bit more."Yes. I suppose that is one way of putting it. I know it may be hard to image myself putting emotion into a puppet, but I assure you it does indeed happen."<i></i> The Steward merely nodded his head as he was praised for the ability for the construction of Kitchenzilla. Though when the comment arose about true sentience the Steward merely shrugged. "It is indeed difficult to manifest the thought process. Suffice to say ... even a canine mind is not as simple as one think it would be."<i></i> The conversation further elevated to the concept of removing the conscious mind and replacing it with another. The Steward was silent for a moment as he thought about the concept. It troubled him, as it was not the family method of doing things. "Unfortunately I cannot offer much about the concept of replacing one mindset with another as it is outside of my experience and expertise. I would think though that ... it would be extraordinarily difficult. I am loathe to think of this concept, but I think it would be ... somewhat like a social reprogramming? I am no psychologist though, so I can only assume that it is done with great difficulty."<i></i>

Following her brother Kumiko turned the subject to the nature of chakra strings. The Steward went to demonstrate his difficulty in the formation of his own chakra strings. The strands were indeed thick like he had mentioned earlier. Ribbons of blue chakra appears from the finger tips of the Steward's hand. They drooped down to the floor. The Steward looked to them and then back his audience. "No doubt most of you can see that ... for me the manifestation of chakra strings is more of a ribbon in size. My father's chakra strings are ... very thin. You wouldn't be able to see them at the distance you are at now. I suppose ... given years I could hone the chakra ribbons into a new style of puppetry, but most puppeteers have their strings hidden from view ... whereas mine are ... most visible. As I am now ... it is with exceptional difficultly I can make my canine puppet here do such a simple thing as walking. The movements would be clunky and slow. I usually turn to my father or good friend of mine to test out my designs. Though I do open the door for additional testers."<i></i> The Steward offered.

Harupia came next to the topic at hand and expressed his concern in the nature of the human puppet. "Unfortunately ... yes such things exist. A very troubling thought indeed. I would say though that such a concept is ... not so much close to the Chikamatsu theory, but directly out of the theory. We Takahashi regard it as a sort of ... black stain on the art. My father, his father, and his father before him have always found it more humane to shape and craft steel that it is to ... fleshcraft."<i></i> The Steward shook his head. "I would advice caution when researching such a topic. Moral insanity is often a symptom of those who work within that realm of puppetry."

To make light of the dreary subject Kitchenzilla marched up to Sousuke. The metallic beast let out a hearty woof and with her available small hand she waved to the crowd a farewell. The creature wagged her tail about as a happy canine would. "Woof. Woof. Bark."<i></i> (I am leaving now. Goodbye! We will meet again!) With that the lumbering mechanical lizard made her way up the stairs doing her utmost to follow Okibi as she left.

"Well then. I do believe she was giving us a goodbye."<i></i> Sousuke translated. He himself could not speak the language of beasts, but merely judged that was her intention as she made her way out. Following that of course Tama made his exit too. The Steward gave the boy a nod of the head. He hoped that the boy would recover, and recover with haste. By this time the Steward noticed the clock. The hour was just about up. "Well that brings us to the end of my lecture. This is a survey lecture so ... in weeks to come I will post a schedule for additional classes. If you wish for me to lecture on a particular topic in depth, do let me know so I can prepare the appropriate material. I do hope that I wasn't a bore, and if so ... apologies."<i></i> The Steward knew that sometimes his monotone voice could put someone to sleep, but so far that did not seem the case.

(Topic concluded and exited.)

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haru shook his head a bit, feeling a small shudder courser through his veins at the thought of people using other bodies like...that. Killing was one thing, but disrespecting a body of your opponent, making it into nothing more then a tool...That was one of his fears about great power, how much I could twist someone’s mind...but he guessed that was just the reality of things. All he could do is not let he succumb to such a destructive lust for power...and deal with anyone in his way who does.

He didn’t have much to say on the subject of the chakra strings, and it did seem that the lecture was coming to a close as some of the people started heading out. As Sousuke said outright they were done for the day, announcing future sessions, he would give him a deep bow before saying "Not a bore at all, Kazekage-san. I mean, were big enough boys and girls to join only things we are truly interested in" he paused for a chuckle before finishing "It was an interesting lecture. I do hope Ill be able to attend to future ones" smiling at the gather people before giving a courteous bow and wave before leaving the room. He had some topics he would like to develop a bit more...but he needed to try and find out a bit more about them first. Power could corrupt easily...yet it could also lead to great things if used right

(Exito)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back