Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Lightning Country Saga: Act 2, Scene 5[A]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Lightning Country Saga: Act 2, Scene 5

Rooftop Atrium, Torre Celeste
Kumogakure, Kaminari no Kuni
…2300 hours

The day had come. The Raikage of Kumogakure stood impassively before the greatest threat his village had ever faced: Hayata Makoro, his own uncle. Around the two, a circle of heavily-armed and armored henchmen, who monitored the shinobi’s every move with fingers tensed on the triggers of their bolters.
ShinRaikage-1_zpsf0cea61f.jpg

cloud_raikage_zps24bce46a.gif
“We have honored our part of the arrangement, uncle,” said Shin, showing Makoro his hands. “We have allowed you to bring your men into my tower, and I am accompanied only by my personal physician,” he said, referring to Isaki Kushin, who stood next to Shin and cast his analytic gaze on the proceedings. “The transport you requested is being readied, and Deta has been confined to Karubin’s chamber. So where is Prince Shiranai?” asked Shin, who gray eyes were flinty with resolve. Makoro strode over to Shin, wordlessly, and cupped the Raikage’s jaw in one hand.
Makoro_Avatar2.jpg

rogue_ninbanner_zpsad9d83c5.gif
“Very well, nephew. I am pleased that you did not insult my intelligence by attempting to substitute that chakra creation of yours,” responded Makoro, before shifting his attention to the medical sennin. “No funny moves, Isaki. I’m about to give you something that will need your full attention soon enough.”

With that, Makoro now produced a piece of chalk, drawing a large circle on the floor of the tower, emblazoned with strange runic sigils. Immediately afterwards, he performed a complex series of handseals, and the circle erupted in light, raising a shimmering gate from the floor. Through this gate now stepped two more henchmen who hoisted Shiranai upright by his underarms. The portal now closed, and the chalk circle underneath dissolved into nothingness.
Kushin.jpg

cloud_sennin.gif
So that’s how he managed to sneak so many of his forces on board the Raiden’s Breath without our knowledge, observed Kushin, scratching his chin. However, I suspect that these portals are only one-way in nature, hence his requirement for us to provide a glider transport… He now laid his eyes on the hostage, who collapsed to the floor with a dull thumping noise. A look from Shin let him know that he was to attend to the Prince now.

It did not take a medical shinobi education to see that Shiranai was in poor condition. The formerly healthy-appearing mednin was covered in bruises and abrasions, and whatever unblemished skin there was appeared to be a sickly, pale gray. Anemia; Stage two hypovolemic shock; Hypothermia requiring internal rewarming measures… went through the sennin’s mind as he started his assessment. Both of his wrists had been mangled and bore nasty-appearing open wounds, likely from the crucifixion torture he had endured. Even with extensive reconstructive surgery, it was unlikely that Shiranai would ever be able to command even rudimentary handseals again.
Shiranai-1.jpg

cloud_medic_zps76bbfb4d.gif
“Isaki…sensei…” rasped Shiranai, opening his eyes and attempting to raise his arms to touch his former master. “I’m so…sorry…I failed…” The Prince’s eyes welled up with tears.

“Quiet and let me heal you,” said Kushin, beginning his jutsu. Besides, you’re alive and that’s all you’ll need to be. Makoro had planned well, he realized. Shiranai’s torture had not merely been an empty show of malice – it had been calculated to deflect any allies present when Shin made the deal. Even a medical sennin could not both save Shiranai from death and attempt to fight Makoro. Now it’s up to you, Rin and Masao, he thought as he cut himself, his own blood leaping from his body and into the Prince’s exposed vein. Small amounts of blood dripped to the floor, and using the grooves in the stonework to ready itself for what Kushin had planned.

Makoro turned to Shin, smirking.

“Now, nephew, your wrists. Even I have to take precautions when the Raikage is involved,” said the missing, slapping a pair of manacles onto Shin. They would prevent easy handseal use.

“I keep my promises, uncle. I will not attempt to fight you,” said Shin. “But I want you to answer my questions.”

“Very well, ask.”

“It is obvious that your overall goal all this time has been to exact vengeance by harming me personally. Initially, I felt that you were only after the village by delivering vengeance for what they did to our family. However, your recent actions have shown otherwise. I grew up without any knowledge of you, and none of my actions or decisions would have ever logically resulted in harm to you or your interests. Therefore, I conclude that it is not actually me who is your true target, but someone else in our family. Is that correct?” asked Shin, calmly, to which Makoro sighed in response.

“Once again, the Hayata Family shows its powers of deduction. You are correct that you are not the one I seek vengeance against, nor do I have any specific hatred of the village. You, Shin, are merely a proxy for your father, and my brother, Takama. Unfortunately, my brother is long dead, so you will have to satisfy me,” said Makoro.

“What did my father do to you, that you would spend the last thirty years planning revenge, at the cost of hundreds of thousands of lives and no doubt untold sums of money and resources?” asked Shin.

“Because, boy, he stole Misa from me, and then if that wasn’t enough, killed her!” Makoro snarled, anger warping his features for the first time.

“By Misa, you mean my mother,” said Shin, closing his eyes.

“Yes. Your mother – the woman I loved more than anything and anybody in the world, including this village,” said Makoro, glaring icily at Shin. Momentarily, he softened his expression, realizing something. “Ah, but you knew none of this if you knew nothing about me. Out of fairness, and because you are also a Hayata, I will explain.

“We are a very old family of Kumogakure. We have always been scientists and researchers first, and shinobi second. The thing that has always marked us has been our insatiable search for knowledge. Takama and I never saw eye to eye growing up. He was the elder son, and the prodigy of the family. By the time he was a mednin in training, he had already published revolutionary treatises on chakra and human advancement that are the required reading of shinobi students today. In comparison, I was merely the second son, and my interests always subordinate to his. My works were always of lesser importance and impact, and received far less funding. Believe it or not, I didn’t mind. That was my lot in life and I accepted it, much like every student in the Academy accepts that their lot in life is to die for you one day.

“But when we found Misa, I knew that the harmony between us was ended. You see, she was truly unique among shinobi – not because of her looks or anything that shallow, but because her chakra signature had the potential to be the greatest source of new knowledge on human evolution that has ever been discovered on this planet. Takama and I both studied her, initially with scientific detachment, but somewhere along the line our obsession with her transformed into romantic desire and what had begun as a joint research venture became a fight for her affection. I was no longer willing to play second-best to that man. And I tried my hardest. But in the end, Takama won her heart.

"I was willing to accept the loss, as I had done all throughout my life. But then he fucked up. He went overboard, grew intoxicated on research and she loved him too much to tell him to stop. One of his experiments went wrong – it started an irreversible cascade of molecular changes within her body that slowly drained her of her chakra and her life energy, leaving her to waste away slowly. Does that sound familiar to what you grew up with, nephew? Thank your father for that," sneered the missing.

How is this possible? Was this why father shielded him from me to prevent me from learning the truth, Shin thought showing his countenance downcast. It was obvious that the Hayata clan were poor patrons of love but to go through all of this was near insanity.

“We were growing desperate as she started to suffer. The Kage would not allow us to leave to search for a cure. So I again subordinated my future to Takama’s, and I went missing. I spent five years covering up all evidence of my ever having existed, just so that Misa would not have to suffer the public shame of being related to a nukenin. I visited nearly all of the shinobi villages in the world, some of whom threw me in jail or tried to kill me rather than allowing me access to their libraries. But I persisted, all for her sake.

“In the end, though, it was all for nothing. Because I made the mistake of trusting Takama to take care of her. And what did the bastard do? Die and let her follow him. I was in Bear Country when I heard the news. And suddenly, I had no purpose anymore. I had thrown away everything only to end in failure. But I could do one last thing before I died. I could get back at that bastard of a brother who had stolen everything from me. I could erase it all. End the miserable legacy of the Hayata Clan forever and prevent anyone else like Misa from falling prey to our fucking mad science obsession. So you and I are going to fly off to somewhere they’ll never find us and make sure that we’re the last Hayata ever. Now, let’s go.”

Suddenly, a burst of static in Makoro’s earpiece broke him out of his grim reverie.

“Makoro-sama, there’s a disturbance,” sounded a staticy voice that sounded like it was coming from the bottom floor.

“What sort of disturbance?” growled Makoro into his headset as he gave Shin a rough shove forward toward the rooftop exit.

“A civilian delivery van approaching the cordon. It’s refusing to stop.”

“Then stop it, you idiot!”

“As you command!”
Meanwhile

Inside a ratty ice cream truck stopped a few dozen meters from the entrance to the Torre Celeste and surrounded by dozens of angry mercenaries with weapons drawn, a group of shinobi huddled together.
Moro_Av1_zpscf56761f.jpg

cloud_anbu-1.gif
“Are you sure this armor will protect us?” asked Moro, readying his updated M1 crossbolter and slamming in a fresh en-bloc clip of .30-06 caliber armor-piercing manshredder bolts.

“STEP OUT OF THE VEHICLE!” sounded muffled voices outside.
Mas_Av_4.jpg

ANBU_VClogo.gif
“Yasu Ren trusts his life to it. We’ve got no choice but to believe him,” said Masao, rapping a fist against the three-centimeter-thick breastplate attached to the armored carapaces that he had procured from the old jounin comrade who specialized in absorbing damage. He and the rest of the occupants of the truck were clad in the suits, which made them look like deep-sea divers ready for exploration, instead of shinobi ready for bloody combat in the fight of their lives. “Regent Commander, are you patched into their system?”
Rin_Avatar-2.jpg

cloud_sennin.gif
“We’re almost in. My Ancient Kumo is a little rusty,” sounded Rin’s voice over his headset as she and an emergency counterintelligence team worked from within the Sileo.

“OPEN FIRE!” now shouted the muffled voice from outside, followed immediately by the sharp cracking of bolter fire and a cacophony of metallic pings and thumping sounds as the projectiles crashed into the sides of the “Mr. Freezy” truck that he had stolen from the stores of confiscated property once belonging to Nara Ryuujin. The inner layer of scrap-metal armor plating bolted to the walls buckled under the onslaught, and a few bolts managed to punch through, making everyone instinctively duck.

“Heh, looks like they know we’re here,” said Masao, drawing back the charging handle on the heavy belt-fed “Pecheneg” machine-bolter dredged up from his own private armory. The ST-15 he usually carried was slung across his back, ready for use in a pinch.

“I’ve accessed the security feeds. Makoro’s still on the top floor in the atrium. Isaki’s managed to throw up a barrier around Shiranai and is holding off attacks,” said Rin again.

“This is it, then. Makoro doesn’t leave here alive. Everyone get ready,” said Masao, now pulling the blast visor of his helmet down over his face, as did the others. He nodded at Mochizuki Tama. “This is for Senna,” he said, as he rose from his seat, kicked the doors of the van open and leapt out, opening fire...
Welcome to the final mission of the Lightning Country Saga! The Raikage's life lies in the balance, and Makoro must not survive. Will you defy authority and death to serve your country?

Tactical Situation:

Masao, Tama, Gin, Moro, and Koutamon are located nearby their armored ice cream truck, "Mr. Freezy", roughly forty meters from the front entrance of the Torre Celeste, and face a wave of dozens of Makoro's elite henchmen, all of whom command considerable firepower consisting of bolters, melee weapons, aRbalest Propelled Grenades, and even level C-B destructive jutsu wielded by the missing nin among the group. To compensate for the numbers difference, Kumo armor master Yasu Ren has provided each member of the team with a customized suit of chakra-powered heavy armor that can take "one hell of a beating" in exchange for a slight decrease in movement speed. Using this advantage to even out the disparity in firepower and numbers, or perish. An added complication is that non-shinobi civilian staff are still inside the Torre. Killing of civilians will not be tolerated!

Kushin and Shin are located on the top floor atrium of the Torre, and in addition to Makoro, have the added presence of a few dozen of Makoro's henchmen present as well. Right now, it is unclear to Makoro or his henchmen what is going on, although they will find out in a few minutes for sure. Shiranai is in critical condition and requires full medical attention lest he perish. Shin is currently bound and unable to use handseals. Makoro is an S-ranked Uchiha and is thus not as susceptible to eye-related doujutsu as one might hope.

Just as a note to all of you, this will be reimbursed OOCly as an A-rank mission. The minimum word count to achieve this is 2400 according to the site rules. If you do not make this, you will be reimbursed at a lower rank. Keep this in mind as I intend this to be a relatively fast-paced mission with fewer rounds than you might expect :) Note to Shin and Kushin - due to the extensive involvement you two had with writing the first section of the intro, each of you get half of the total word count of 1600 (800 each) to start.

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu stared unimpressed at the helmet that remained in his lap at the moment, flipping it upside down to see the inside. From the looks of it, it wasn't very thick, just like the rest of the armor he was begrudgingly wearing. Thicker than most armor, more than armor he ever wore, but still not that thick. He regarded with a bit of skepticism the claim that it would stand up to a hale of crossbolt fire that they would surely be facing. It would slow him down a bit, which he didn't like, but he was strong enough that it would not be too much. Still, he liked the idea of avoiding the bolts and jutsu more than absorbing them, but this was their plan and he had agreed to it by joining ANBU in the first place. It wasn't all bad, he would admit. Letting himself be hit would be a new kind of adrenaline rush, and he thought they all looked pretty badass in that armor. He smirked and lifted the helmet, lowering it over head head.

The inside smelled a little, he thought as he felt their transport stop. Someone had called this thing a "truck" but he was pretty sure that was some nonsense word. There was no such thing as a "truck". He was pretty sure it was just some sort of wheeled carriage propelled by jutsu or something. Whatever it was, it was armored to a point that it almost seemed ridiculous. Moro, whom was sitting nearby, asked what everyone was thinking. Would the armor hold up? Before Masao could respond, a demanding shout came from outside. 'Well that didn't take long,' Ayumu thought, shaking his head though he wasn't truly surprised. They weren't exactly inconspicuous. Masao responded to Moro, assuring them that some man Ayumu had never met nor heard of would trust the suits with his life. Ayumu didn't really feel any better after having heard that.

"It had better..." he mubbled as loosed a kunai from its holster and poked it at the breastplate to test it, though he wouldn't risk using any real strength. He replaced the kunai as Masao began speaking to the Regent Commander, and a moment later another shout penetrated the walls of the transport. The outside of the "truck" was riddled with bolter fire, the sound of the pinging so loud it was hard to hear anything else. In fact, Ayumu would have missed whatever Masao said if he hadn't heard it through his radio. The Commander's voice came through next, at last providing them with the intel they had been waiting on. The crown prince they had failed to secure before as well as the Raikage himself were up in that tower. Last, but not least, that bastard that had caused Ayumu's first ANBU mission to end in fail was still up there as well. Ayumu was looking forward to seeing him, though he guessed saving the captives was more important. He turned to Gin, whom he felt he was beginning to befriend, and grinned.

"Show me how it's done, sempai," he said with a bit of a chuckle as he extended his fist for a fist bump- well, armored fist bump. As Masao slid down the visor of his helmet, Ayumu followed suit and prepared himself as instructed. He stood and placed a hand on each of the hilts of his swords. He applied a few buffs to himself while he was still in the transport, augmenting his strength and speed as well as causing an aura to form around his swords. Masao said something about doing something for Senna, the girl whom Ayumu had heard was injured as part of the last mission. He hadn't known her, so he didn't feel like he needed to exact personal vengeance on her behalf, but he supposed he could take down a few in her honor. Masao was the first to jump out, then the other followed after him. As Ayumu jumped out, he placed his hands together for form a handseal and produced two clones, one on either side of himself. Even if he could supposedly take some hits with the armor, he wasn't going to make it easy for them to test that. He moved forward immediately, staying out of his allies' line of fire and shot towards the nearest henchman, swords prepared to tear the man apart. He would only be the first in a line of many.

He ducked under the horizontal swing of a heavy axe and thrust one sword forward, piercing through the abdomen of his first victim. Another enemy approached from the same side from which Ayumu's weapon was currently stuck through someone. Taking the axe from the recently deceased man's hands, Ayumu swung it in time to meet the man who thought he was going to catch Ayumu off-guard square in the skull. The ring of crossbolts firing sounded in Ayumu's ear. He caught the body that still held his sword and used it to shield himself from the barrage of projectiles before removing his sword and letting the body fall to the ground. Two men approached next, swords raised over their heads to come down on Ayumu with the force of both hands. He blocked both attacks with one blade for each and then crouched low, dashing between them and leaving gaping gashes in their sides. Another ring of crossbolt fire left him with no human shield this time. He rolled forward to avoid them, but as he stood he heard a ping as a bolt bounced off of his armor.

"Damn! Gotta give the armor credit for that one," he said with a bit of annoyance. He had to admit, he hadn't felt a thing there. Another shot fired, and this time he stood still though he saw it coming, in the interest of a little... experiment. He felt a rush as he watched the bolt go straight for his face... only to bounce harmlessly off the helmet. 'How exciting,' he thought with a grin as he turned to face the one who had fired only a few meters away. The man fired again only to once more watch the bolt ricochet off the armor Ayumu had donned. Ayumu began to laugh as the man shot another and began walking towards him. This was amusing. When the man dropped the bolter and began to form handseals, Ayumu's grin diminished. Perhaps it was time to be serious again.

A column of water erupted from the man's hands towards Ayumu whom was too close to dodge with the added weight of the armor. The jutsu grazed Ayumu's side, but it was enough to send him to the ground, encumbered by armor he wasn't used to. He rolled and stood up immediately, preparing for another attack as the missing-nin went through another series of handseals. This time, Ayumu used his jutsu augmented strength to jump over the column of water and land next to his attacker. Before the man could react, he was looking down at a cross shaped gash across his torso. He fell to the ground. It was about this time that Ayumu barely heard the sound of footsteps running up behind him. His helmet had muffled the sound and he barely heard it in time to turn and defend. A giant blade crashed down on his two swords which he crossed to catch the attack. The weight of the sword and the woman's strength caught him off-guard.

As he recovered from the impact, the woman raised her blade once more and crashed down again, trying to break through Ayumu's defense through sheer force. Twice more she smashed down on his swords sending a bit of pain shooting through his arms. This wasn't getting him anywhere. As she dropped the blade once more, he quickly dropped to his back and rolled to the side as the blade crashed in to the earth, cleaving in to the dirt. Ayumu was on one knee in an instant, and he pushed off of it, holding his swords out as he spiral upwards leaving a few gashes on the woman. She ignored the pain and lifted her blade from the dirt, swinging it horizontally at Ayumu with full force which made Ayumu wonder if his armor would be able to hold up to it. He jumped to avoid the attack and simultaneously swung his swords down in a V, slashing down the woman's front side and causing her to topple forward following the momentum of her sword before falling over dead.

Ayumu sheathed his swords and bent down, grasping the hilt of the giant blade. He lifted it up and felt the weight in his hand, humming to himself with a bit of interest. He'd have to give this thing a shot. Hoisting it over his shoulder, he ensured that the others were still pressing forward as well before continuing himself. He liked to stay near the front a little.

---
OoC: Buffed up with speed/strength boosts and auras on swords. Made two clones to draw fire from himself, they poofed somewhere along the way. Impaled a guy who had an axe, killed a guy with other guy's axe to the skull, then used axe guy as human shield against bolts. Discovered the armor's resilience against bolts, as a few hit him despite his efforts to dodge. Got grazed by a water jutsu to the side that knocked him down, then jumped over the next jutsu and killed water jutsu user with an X-slash. Nearly crushed by a giant blade user's giant blade, then killed them with a V-slash and took their weapon.
Word Count for future reference: 1500

Hoshiko Gin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Jeering at the helmet clasped between her hands, the female operative was equally as skeptical of the combat attire’s capabilities as her teammates rode in the tight confounds of their vehicular transport for that day, “Mr. Freezy”. ”It probably hasn’t even been field tested yet.. but it’s heavy I’ll give it that much…” Gin muttered, placing it back in her lap again. After close inspection, it was obvious Yasu Ren was a skilled man of his craft; which eased her doubts some, however, they all knew with such dense armor come setbacks. A price well worth paying, if it would save them casualties; and she had to admit, this armor had some street appeal! If she survived this mission, which for all of them was the only option, hopefully they would let her keep the armor as a piece of memorabilia.

She glanced over to Moro hoping to catch his eye, and shot him a wink for good luck, before placing her own helmet over her head in time with Ayumu. They were fast approaching the Torre Celeste, and now was the time to start mentally preparing herself. But there was one thing that she still didn't quite understand, and of course didn't question aloud. Why parading around in a fully armored ice cream truck seemed like a good idea to Masao, or whoever had stuck them with this transport, she didn't exactly know. But they sure knew how to make an entrance~!

'Well someone isn't happy to see us!' How rude, she thought, as demanding voices sounded from outside. Little time passed, as another voice barked something opposite of the wall behind them, followed shortly by a round of fire. It was difficult to hear much over the riot going on around them, but she caught Ayumu’s words just in time. ”Rough ‘em up good.” She said, in a final exchange of words with a return fist bump, and a light knock on the back of his helmet for good measure. Yeah, this kid was alright.

In a matter of mere seconds her image seemed to phase out partially, using her ability to become slightly ethereal to her advantage; only an added precaution to reduce any damage she did happen to take. She brought her hands between her legs facing towards the floor and closed her eyes, drawing strength between her to palms. "May the spirits of the fallen grant me strength, that i may vanquish the opposition before me. By Shinbatsu, I swear this blade will be cast upon no innocent soul, but those of malevolent intent.... Hear me, I ask. Protect us and give us the strength..." Muttered Gin in a lulling prayer, while a weapon of pure chakra formed in her grasp. Slowly she opened her eyes to gaze upon the sword; with refined edges and a pure white glow so radiant, it cast a light and shimmering aura on her. The light dimmed, and she regarded the weapon with some uncertainty. She was a bit rusty with her swordsmanship, but this would have to do. In her last form of preperation, she did much like Ayumu by adding a buff for speed to compensate for the armor.

It was almost time, she could feel it. Masao went first, declaring vengeance on their opposition for Senna; she wasn't sure who Senna was, but she would be avenged nonetheless.

Piling out behind Masao and Ayumu, the rush of bolts towards them was immediate. She stood still for a moment, somewhat bewildered by the pinging sound of the bolts on her armor; to both her surprise and relief, the bolts fell uselessly to the ground at impact. Gin smirked, and noticed an enemy approaching fast forty-five degrees to her left. Her weight shifted and the two swords met, steel against chakra. The eyes of the two kunoichi met, and the clashing swords parted, giving Gin the opportune moment to readjust her position. The chakra blade tore into her foe's side with a diagonal slash upwards stopping just inches below the heart, with such force, her opponent dropped painfully to the ground.

Another henchman came forth from behind, with a weapon she had never faced before. The claws made a horizontal swipe at her helmet, and she ducked just in time for the man to lurch forward with the force of his attempts. "A member of the Nian fandom I take it?" He wanted another go. 'Neh, nyeh I'm faster even with this junk on.' Thought the woman, as she side-stepped out of the way; but now he had a rhythm going. He went for one last swing, and unable to react as quickly given her armor, the slashing claws scraped against the armor.

Enough games. Gin leapt up into the air, bringing her sword in an upward cut extending to the length of his abdomen. A man moved in his defense, but the ANBU finished her move at her descent, letting the kunai wielding shinobi fall off to the side. She left him floundering in the blood of him and his fallen comrade, as she further moved into the brunt of bolter fire. It was then that out of seemingly nowhere, a line of chakra-Infused flames raged towards her. Though she moved quickly to move out of range, it was not quick enough as she took a direct hit to the chest, sending her sliding across the ground. The already hot confines of the suit, became unbearable quick. The human part of her wanted desperately to get out of the suffocating binds of her armor, but she knew it would be at the cost at her life.

She shook off the discomfort and evened her footing, ignoring the scorched area on her chest plate. That easily could have been her flesh...

Her hands releases her sword, and it immediately evaporated leaving her unarmed. This was taking way to long, and with that it mind, with a few handseals, a large spiraling column of air lowered and surrounded the fire breathing man. The air whipped around him, and caught a few stray bolts in its currents; one of which struck him in the jugular. The vortex caught another couple of men wielding swords and tossed them into the air, before dissipating entirely. They fell helplessly to the ground with bone crushing force, and Gin grabbed up their swords, stabbing the blades through each man's stomach so that they stuck into the ground underneath.

Quite a distance had been put between herself and the other team of ANBU, and looking around it came to her. A nearby abandoned vendors cart, originally used for the purpose of selling cheap meats shish-kabobed onto skewers, would now be her shield. She tossed it over onto its side and ducked behind it, and made quick work forging her next weapon. It was a nifty little jewel, a JS 9 mm submachine-bolter, one of her prouder moments. With a grin, she took a second to bask in her accomplishment; it was by far her most intricate design yet. Masao would be so proud! Hehe~ The compact weapon fit easily into her hands, and she nodded approvingly. She turned and peered over the side of her shield, spotting a group of archers. Take aim. And... Three luminescent bolts shot towards the group of five, striking one in the heart and the other two in the shoulder. They fell back, writhing on the dirt as the other two came into sight.

She stood and sent another set of bolsters whizzing towards them, hitting each in the thoracic region. Her eyes scanned the area cautiously, ready to strike should another wave attacks plague them.

---

WC: 1264

I'll do a little summary tomorrow morning of my actions!

Tagiushi Moro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Moro grunted his ascent at the Vice Commander's reassurance as he placed the crossbow on the floor of the truck, pointed at the ground, stepping on the catch and pulling the winch in one motion. Instinctively he flexed a gauntleted fist and grinned in satisfaction with the suit's responsiveness, able to stairway his fingers with ease. Running a charge of lightning element chakra through to his right hand sent the entire suit humming with electrical energy, the gauntlet in question glowing and sparking with power. He punched his fist into his open palm, thinking; Our odds are slim, but thank Raiden I have the Rin-sama in my ear. We need to get to the atrium yesterday. In unison they lowered the visors on their helmets, Moro blushing and smiling wanly, not able to return Gin's wink. He met mention of Senna with a roar at the top of his lungs, and burst from the back of the Mr. Freezy, hitting paydirt and cracking the cement at his feet even with the minimal drop.

"FOR THE RAIKAGE! FOR KUMO!" He screamed, hoisting his bolter in the air and saluting the fallen Senna with a bolt straight to Raiden, hoping the ascendant would consecrate it and send it back to judge these heathens if such pitiful beings could even be considered worth his note. Moro slowly backed to cover, taking his shots carefully. His updated M1 was much more responsive, the reduced recoil making the clockwork winding much more desirable for repeated shots. A few bolts grazed his armor but only scratched the ceramic plating. Ducking behind a concrete pillar, he crouched into cover.

Mike Shinoda - "The Raid"

He let the situation fully wash over him. Every doubt, every anxiety, all of his rage and fear he brought it with him, carried it and dumped it into the center of his thoughts. How DARE Makoro, what he did to the Raiden's breath, to Port Cirrus before, to the students he duped, no, to everyone he duped. To Shirani, to Ami, to all of the shinobi who were on that train, regardless of branch. What he did to Senna, and most of all, what he is doing to the Raikage. Raiden will not let this stand. No. I will NOT let this stand! Doubt was replaced with molten fury, his suit hummed and his eyes turned their trademark quicksilver platinum, not visible behind the thick blast visor. Firstly, he concentrated water and lightning chakras into separate hands, they swirled, twisted and combined, rippling into a thrumming pool, cupped in his hands. Small beads of light danced across the miniature pond's surface before coalescing into a bright prism. He raised his hands above his head and let it pour over him, pure white arcs of light coating his suit like a second skin, the same jutsu he used on Ayumu aboard the Raiden's breath.

Next, he repeated the lightning and water process, except this time instead of cupping his hands he held them apart, the chakras dancing and jumping back and forth with increasing speed, each becoming more like the other until they were indistinguishable. Only this time, no pure white light greeted the Santaru. The light itself seemed to flee, not so much being replaced by dark, as a simple lack of light. The storm chakra increased in speed, until the inky blackness dancing from finger to finger appeared a constant beam, crackling and behaving as normal lighting, if not for its color. From the now solid mass of tenebrous dark arcing between Moro's hands like a Jacob's ladder, an onyx paw emerged, clearing the portal of the rippling void languidly. Another paw, and a head emerged, hollow black pits for eyes, reflecting light concavely, the creature was entirely black except for a tip of crackling white energy at the very end of its tail, swishing back and forth lackadaisically, it looked up at him before actually putting a ebony paw to its mouth, stifling a yawn in a motion all too human. With a slight nod of his head backwards, "Hunt." he commanded the creature into the fray. In a blink it padded away, motion relaxed but velocity unreal, leaving paw prints in the concrete, small chunks being kicked up from the street by its sheer speed. The panther snaked through the enemy lines, darting through and away, causing more confusion than damage until it leaped and tore out the throat of an unsuspecting trooper who was firing bolts uselessly at Kogami. Satisfied, he turned back to his seals.

Fury was what was important now. Moro knew he needed to bring himself to the very brink of disaster, teetering at the edge of the cliff of control without falling. From the four winds, disgustingly dark clouds spiraled and poured into a deadly stew above the Santaru. The smell of ozone would be prevalent, the gathering clouds now quivering in anticipation. They built on top of each other, layered and rolling like sets of waves created from the tides of several moons. With a sigh of relief the lightning began, escaping his lips like a whisper in a lover's ear, the thunder vibrated in the hollow of his chest and once again he finally felt ALIVE. He directed the bolts at the jutsu-casting nin when he could, but often the bolts stuck random targets or missed completely. He wasn't even close to done, however. The clouds were now a central mass, spinning loosely counterclockwise. With a deep breath, he raised both hands to the heavens, he was standing now; bolts, various nin tools, and even minor jutsu pinging off of his armor were but less than flea bites to Moro in his mobile fortress. Then, Raiden's heavenly orchestra reached its crescendo in his ears, and like a maestro closing a symphony, he brought his hands down. The clouds gave their applause in answer, rain pouring in torrential sheets, musketball sized hail following soon after.

Finally leaping into the fray, the assistance of his suit sending him further, if slower, than normal, at the apex of his leap, a few of his own bolts from the clouds struck him, raising the water droplets on his suit into an electrically linked mesh. Landing on the outside flank of a few goons, he called on his bloodline with a clap of his hands, he sent them flying away as a field of raw electrical chakra radiated out from him, sinking almost a half foot into the ground with the force of the jutsu, concrete crater a 10 ft. radius on all sides. One unfortunate soul was hit with the full impact of the blast, convulsing midair from the electrical jutsu, and slamming the back of his head against a wall, collapsing spinelessly to the ground, trailing blood down the marble.

Lastly, facing the remaining mob, he pulled both his sword and dagger, tossing them in the air from their respective hip-sheaths, left hip to right hand, bringing his sword arm out and down, extending the b;ade to its full length and baring its edge, dagger reverse gripped at the same time in the opposite hand. Raiden's Waltz was more of a dueling stance, and its user needed a full range of motion as well as movement unhindered to take advantage of it. This situation was much more well suited for Raijin's Fangs, which was perfect for taking advantage of the confusion he had caused in the crowd, he lumbered towards the nearest jutsu-user, hoping to take him out of the battle quickly.

[wc: 1251]
1. Shielding Tempest
2. Storm Release: Black Panther
3. Storm Call R3
4. Storm Control R3 (rain, hail)
5. Storm Mail
6. EMP

Suzuki Setsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
--Earlier—

Tama was sitting alone in her room, clutching her chest where she had been pierced by two bolts from Makoro’s hand-crossbow. The wound was healed physically, but Tama still was having nightmares about the Raiden’s Breath incident. It had affected her emotionally and mentally as well, though. And these wounds were proving difficult to heal. And so she had been hiding in her room since then, wondering if she could be a shinobi, and live up to all the grim responsibilities that entailed. She was scared of failing like that again, watching people die around her, nearly dying herself.

Her uncle then stormed in, “Tama! Is this any way for a shinobi to act?” Tama was silent. “I’m not one to question my sister’s parenting methods, she’s raised more kids than I have, but you have definitely been coddled when it comes to what it means to be a shinobi. The character means heart-under-blade, for Raiden’s sake! Shinobi fight, shinobi die, and shinobi kill everyday, it is our nature. Why are you trained in combat, why are you taught to harness the elements, why do you learn to bring out your innate abilities? It is to increase the odds of you surviving one more day in the field; it is to ensure that at the end of the day, you are the last shinobi standing.” Tomoya tossed a sealed envelope at Tama’s feet before continuing in a gentler tone, “But just because we bear the shinobi moniker doesn’t mean we don’t feel fear. We are still human, after all. But because we are shinobi we need to face our fear, and overcome it.” He walked out the door saying, “I called in some favors to get that for you, apparently this Makoro is holding both the Raikage and Crown Prince hostage, or at least that’s what I heard. This will let you participate in the rescue operation even though you’re only a genin. Don’t go if you’re not prepared to accept the responsibilities of being a shinobi. You do have the choice to remain a side character after all.”

--Now—

Tama huddled in the back of the Mr. Freezy carriage, surrounded by shinobi much more powerful and experienced the she was. The armor they had given here was a mite too large, despite being the smallest size they had available. She was hardly paying attention to the ruckus outside and the banter within as the vehicle was stopped by the armed goons of Makoro. Vice-Commander Barfight had just given the signal to lower their blast visors, then looked directly at Tama, “This is for Senna.” Tama nodded mutely, that was right, Today’s performance is dedicated to Nemoto “Squishy” Senna. The doors of the carriage opened, The curtain is rising on the final act, I can’t disappoint, today will be different.

As she jumped to the ground running slightly behind Ayumu, the immediate area around Tama’s body began to glow blindingly white, and wind started coalescing around her arms and legs. Spying a squad of crossbolters hailing small projectiles down at the group, she quickly diverted from the rest of the group and headed in their direction. Though she was fast, Tama was encumbered by the awkwardly sized armor and was not moving with her usual speed and grace. But her blindingly bright countenance was difficult for them to behold, and as such made aiming difficult. There were a couple lucky shots that made contact but the armor took care of those. Tama then was upon the group, dropping into the Dim Mak stance she knew so well, wind coursing around her hands as she jabbed and kicked and spun her way through the group. She had always done better when the odds were stacked against her, and fighting four-on-one suited her just fine. The first man felt the jab of two fingers into his solar plexus and then the lacerating winds that surrounded Tama’s limbs made quick work of the rest tearing cloth and flesh alike, Tama then saw another crossbow aimed at her and quickly ducked as the bolt connected with her first target, piercing him through the throat. More bolts followed each as accurate as the last, and Tama’s evasion skills were sorely tested. It was lucky for her that she was able to use the group she was fighting in as cover, most of the man’s bolts ended up shooting his comrades allowing Tama to finish them off with ease, when the man with the crossbow saw that he was doing more harm than good with the weapon, tossed it off with a shrug and leaped at Tama, seemingly unaffected by the blinding light surrounding her.

Confused, she leaped back and away but the man was still on her closely following her every move. Tama suddenly felt a tug on her leg, one of the downed soldiers was still alive, and had gripped her leg tightly, she began to fall and her attacker jumped at the opportunity to close in and scream, A Hashigaki!?![ Tama thought as the scream reverberated in her head making all cognizant thought difficult if not impossible. Then the helmet lining inflated, completely blocking out all sound save the crackle of the headset that was built in to the inner lining. This allowed Tama to spin out of the dying man’s grasp, and sweep the Hashigaki’s legs out from under him. Regaining her footing, the young Mochizuki quickly ran though a few handseals and multiple beams of light shot from her glowing body and pierced the hearts of all her downed victims, ensuring that they were dead. Must not hold back, must give it my all, to be the last one standing.

She then hurried forward trying to catch up with the others, who were considerably farther ahead than she was by this point, not noticing the small tears that wre beginning to develop in the armor fabric from the wind blade that were swirling around her hands and feet. She was amazed at the power and strength of the others, taking on many more enemies at once, and seemingly not even breaking a sweat. Tama thought to herself, that maybe, just maybe, she wasn’t the star performer in Cloud, or at least not yet. She decided to try and take out any more of the low-level goons she could find, so that the heavy-hitters could save their energy for the main villain, whom Tama knew wouldn’t go down easy.

WC: 1080

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
…2305 hours

“...We’re taking massive casualties!”

“Withdraw to the tower! Fire the arbalests!”

“The damned lifts aren't working! ...Someone’s hacked the system!”

These and a cacophony of other sounds – explosions, bolter fire, jutsu – echoed over Makoro’s headset as he peered out of the thickened glass windows ringing the top floor of the Torre Celeste. A nighttime fog had settled in over Kumo as usual and muted flashes of light shone through the low cloud cover as the only sign of action below. The missing nin glared malevolently at Shin as he slowly pulled the earpiece of his headset out and let it dangle off of his shoulder. Panicked, tinny voices continued to issue from the small device, but he ignored them.
Makoro_Avatar2.jpg

rogue_ninbanner_zpsad9d83c5.gif
“So, nephew, this is your true character? You claim to keep your promises, but then summon your underlings to try to finish me off at the last moment. How very much like your father you are in the end,” he said, breaking into grim laughter. “By my own choice, I have no children of my own, legitimate or bastard. Believe it or not, I’ve kept watch on you since you were born, and I didn’t always want to kill you. You may not know this, but some of the scrolls and books you received in early childhood were from me, sent to Misa to give to you. If you ever possessed a toy, by the way, that was also from me. As I watched you grow, however, you quickly became a little copy of your father as I had expected.

“What I’m curious about, though, is how you changed for so many years. That man on the ground leading shinobi, Takaki Masao – you and he were enemies for a time. And yet he’s fighting hard to save you. And that blacksmith, Akira Saito, protected you as well despite the fact that you and he are complete opposites. How disappointed they would be to know that you’re just as dishonorable as your father.”

Meanwhile, as Kushin’s blood flowed into Shiranai’s veins, the injured mednin’s color started to return, and his breathing became less ragged. Damaged tissue and deranged cellular processes throughout his body were forcibly being healed by Kushin’s own cells and blood-borne compounds, averting impending death with every second passed. He still had a weak pulse, however, and the strain of his seemingly massive need for active blood was starting to take a toll on even the sennin’s reserves. By comparison, a bolter-wound to the chest or shattered kidney were easy to treat – all that required was to open the patient up, remove or repair the damaged organs, and staunch the bleeding. But Shiranai was falling apart at the seams on a more fundamental level.
Shiranai-1.jpg

cloud_medic_zps76bbfb4d.gif
“I was useless…sensei…I couldn’t save…the two genin…or any of the servants on the train… They’re all dead…because of me…how weak I was…” he muttered, despair in his voice. “I’m not worthy…to be Shogun… That fucking troll Sairasu…should have killed me…”

With a start, Kushin would realize that his patient’s problem was not mere physical damage alone – not something that would be fixed with blood or neuropeptides or cardiac stabilizers – Shiranai was losing the will to live, and without that, no patient survived.

“Makoro-sama! The men on the ground are scattered and we’re having trouble starting the damned glider transport,” said one of the henchmen, a shark-faced Kirigakure missing chuunin who came up to Makoro. The Hayata’s eyes flared with anger as he grabbed the henchman by his collar and lifted him off the ground.

“Incompetents! Very well. If you want a job done right, you do it yourself,” he growled, setting the fish-man down. “I will show you what an S-class is really capable of,” he said, producing a large scroll case from seemingly nowhere. He extended a hand toward one of the reinforced windows nearby, which were capable of withstanding direct hits from A-rank jutsu, and with a single flick of his wrist shattered it to pieces. “Kyuuraku, menace of the skies! Eliminate the invaders! Search and destroy! Show no mercy!” he called out, tossing the scroll case out of the broken window.

Before everyone’s eyes, the case burst open in a blinding flash of light, revealing a massive red war-hawk that carried a repeating heavy gatling arbalest in its talons. It screamed to acknowledge Makoro’s command before diving into the clouds below.

“That will take care of the shinobi below,” said Makoro, turning back to Shin.

“Makoro-sama, what about the Crown Prince and that Sennin?” asked the henchman, rubbing his bruised neck.

“Kill them both.”

Kushin resisted the urge to facepalm. Like any normal shinobi, he had of course been on the wrong end of a crossbolter before, but perhaps not twenty of them at once, and certainly not while trying to operate. To add to his troubles, Shiranai’s heart suddenly stopped beating.

Entrance to the Torre Celeste
…2305 hours

As he hit the ground with a loud, metallic clanking sound, Masao’s expression turned feral behind his helmet as he pulled the Pecheneg’s trigger, sending a torrent of high-caliber bolts into the massed henchmen a few meters away. Unlike his ST-15 assault crossbow, it fired a full-power, 7.62mm caliber, 54 mm long battle-crossbow round, designed to pierce heavy armor and still yaw and fragment in human tissue, creating devastating wounds. Two henchmen in front toppled backwards, their torsos crudely sawn in half by the massive firepower, and others dropped to the ground, arms and legs blown off. A cacophony of pings and thumping sounds rattled in his ears as bolts, arrows, and senbon impacted against his armor, leaving small, glowing craters in the exposed metal and ceramic plating and cracks and scuffs on the thick ballistic glass covering his face. He walked forward undeterred, methodically sweeping in a cone-shaped zone of fire in front of him.

To Masao’s left, he saw Ayumu fighting and dodging strikes from a group that had decided to charge with melee weapons to take advantage of the cumbersome suits. To the recruit’s credit, he was strong enough to fight even while encumbered, and his blades managed to make swift work of even a water jutsu user whose scratched headband identified him as a missing from Kirigakure. Before Masao diverted his attention away from Ayumu, he saw that the recruit had picked up a buster sword, leading the Vice Commander to wonder how strong this one really was.

To his right, Gin wielded a saber made of light, covering his other flank against enemies who charged at them. She easily dispatched two opponents, one with a sword and the other with claws, whose headbands marked them as rogue shinobi from Sunagakure and NeoKonoha. As a lance of flame burned against her chest plate, Masao looked over with concern, but was relieved to see Gin immediately retaliate with a tornado-like wind jutsu.

The group had now made it to the entrance of the Torre. At night, it was still an imposing sight – paved in marble, the outer circle right before the doors boasted a newly-built fountain, in the center of which stood a statue of Kagetsu Kiyo on horseback, pointing toward the future. The tall, sweeping entrance still hosted the statue of Raiden giving law to the people, and surrounding him, the granite plaques bearing the names of all shinobi who had died in Kumogakure’s service. The entire scene was bathed in soft, bluish-yellow lighting that was supposed to lend a feeling of tranquility – that is, when there wasn’t a titanic battle happening right on the Raikage’s doorstep.

“The second wave’s approaching, right on schedule! Watch out for aRPG’s on the upper balconies!” shouted Masao, directing bursts of fire toward henchmen who fired at him from behind the cover of Kiyo’s statue. “Rin! Take control of the lifts! We’ll need them soon!”

Moro’s summoned energy creature bounded forward, causing shots aimed at the group to go wild and tearing limbs off with ease. As the ANBU ran forward into the lobby, bursts of electricity from the water mesh surrounding his suit erupted into the air, sending henchmen flying through the air in flames and crashing into their compatriots. An explosive-tipped aRPG bolt flew in his direction, narrowly missing Moro’s head and instead crashing into an awkwardly-placed juice bar that Hayata Shin had directed be built in the lobby. The weapon’s explosive head detonated, turning the wooden bar and stools into splinters. A burning sign landed in front of Masao’s feet. He could still make out what it said: “No Alcohol Served.”

</I>
24 hours prior…
<I>

“Mordgeld, it’s been a while.”

“Same to you, Blackrazor. How’s the troupe?”

“It’s fine. How’s your head?”

“Better than your niece, I’m afraid.”

“I’m not worried about her wounds. I’m worried that she’s forgetting what it means to be a shinobi. Giving in to fear and depression. I know you’re planning an op under the Raikage’s nose. I know you want to take Makoro out. I want Tama in on it too.”

“No way. You realize that she and all the rest of us could face a courts martial after this, assuming any of us survive?”

“Dammit, Masao, I saved your ass in El Alamein, and now I’m calling it in.”

“Easy there, Tomoya. …Very well, tell her to meet with Yasu Ren at the Shop. You know the drill. If she drops, the mission comes first.”

“Wouldn’t have it any other way.”

</B>
<B>Back to the present...​

Like Moro, Tama had been bringing up the rear and mopping up any attackers that had tried to outflank the group. Masao turned back momentarily, in violation of his own words to her uncle, to check on her progress. There was a different quality about her now, even starting in the truck. She was focused, serious, even grim. It had not just been her body that had been rent by Makoro’s cruelty, but her innocence as well. The Vice Commander’s eyes noticed that one of the attackers who she had dealt with before was now attempting to fire a hand-bolter at her. But without a moment’s hesitation, she simply finished him off with a bolt of light. Are you happy with this, Blackrazor? he thought.

The lobby of the Torre was now cleared thanks to their combined efforts. With a welcome “ping,” sound, the main lobby elevators, under Rin’s control, now descended to the ground floor and opened their doors. Rather than riding up through the center of the building, the elevators rode on a track on the building’s outside, affording passengers a panoramic, breathtaking view of the village during the daytime as they traveled up to the Raikage’s chambers. Something about the arrangement, however, made Masao feel unsettled.

“Alright, everyone in the elevator! This will take us right to the atrium. Rin, what kind of opposition is waiting for us?” he asked, motioning for the group to follow. As the contraption started to rise, he took the opportunity to change out the massive box magazine on his machine-bolter, all to the tune of cheery elevator music. About halfway up, however, in the distance a distinctly avian scream could be heard. A bright red shape rapidly made its way toward them, and in a moment, Masao realized what it was, and heard the sound of arbalest fire.

“GET DOWN!” he shouted as the hail of 20mm bolts shattered the glass where his head had been.
Note the lack of tacticool summary. That's because Rin will be giving it herself! :D
Also, the Juice Bar in question:
loungev2_zpse6ef0258.png
All credit to Hayata Shin for the image! :D

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She had lied. Her AK had never been rusty, but the signal to noise ratio had been so unfavorable that the beginning delay had stretched into nearly critical range. When they had finally been able to get a better fix on things, when they were able to apply the correct filters and break the right codes--ciphers, really--then things had started to look up.

In a manner of speaking only, obviously. Rin felt there was no reason to project a positive outlook. The Shogun and Shiranai were still in the Torre. The closed camera blackout was nearly total. Her emplaced microphones were in the majority non-functional--because reasons--Makoro was no fool. Hardened systems were just that--hardened--and many were relatively useless or extremely situational (and just her luck, darn it, not in this situation).

She had kept the left-hand screens in her peripheral vision. The animal part of her brain followed her operatives, absorbing each agonizing detail--the near misses, the good luck, the fear which kept each alive. Her fingers twitched with the instinctual need to draw blade, but right now, she could not. Rin's place was here. Gin's blazing sword created a clear white sign on the ground feed, making the young woman easy to follow. From Moro flowed a hateful shade, given the form of the predators which had in centuries past stalked villagers and made sport of their deaths. Careless and brave, Ayumu waded into the fray with clones. He flowed through the battlefield which was his home with utmost confidence. A small girl followed after him, calling all comers with a light show.

As Rin watched, the blazing sword became an illuminated crossbolter; her Santaru kin summoned sleet and hail; the young hero slaughtered a woman and acquired her abandoned blade. The girl slew the wounded and fallen and the play-deaders alike, a small and ruthless eaglet.

"This is your eye in the sky speaking." Rin's voice projected, pleasantly and with nerve-shattering calm, into the skull of each operative on the ground. "Ground forces are mopping up the initial stragglers from the shock troops. Congratulations. The repair work for the ground floor will require an immense outlay. A bonus to whomever destroyed the Juice Bar will be allocated upon review of the footage."

Jutsu and munitions had burst out so hot and heavy that, with the monochrome coverage, it was almost impossible to be certain who had destroyed that unsightly goddamn cafe in the Torre. Bad enough the original Torre had fallen during her retirement, but then this edition had to have a cafe in it? Her expression was so radiant that her sigint and analytics staff almost felt reassured that everything would turn out fine.

"You have all boarded the lifts. Excellent. Anyone left behind is as good as dead. Now. You have little space for evasive maneuvers--less than seven square meters. Defensive techniques and create cover by any means necessary. The Warhawk is a contract summon. Makoro must pay to maintain control. Your choices are first--destroy it--second, to bait it until the atrium. Game changer: punch through the side of the Torre and ascend. Time is of the essence."

As she watched, the Mr. Freezy truck was overturned by a stray explosion and itself caught on fire. The feed shuddered as something struck the camera pylon, but steadied after an initial drunken loop. She tore her attention away and focused on the central screens.

"The Warhawk is armed with a 20mm gatling arbalest. His pattern of attack is to strafe. Ground forces are unsuccessful at this time in engaging. Actionable tactics: homing techniques, lightning most especially--destroy the Warhawk's tail or wing pinions to cause it to lose flight capability. The Warhawk relies extensively on sight. Blinding it--through genjutsu or wounds--combine with lightning for a perfect storm."

She clenched her hands behind her back, but the allegro of her report remained lively and bright. "The Raikage is still alive. Kushin is still alive. He is defending the Shogun and treating him. The pair are in hand to hand with Makoro's secondary forces. These are specialists and nukenin. If any of you radio this one in, your post-mortem will be... Ugly. The Shogun is..." She paused to take a report of his sudden cardiac arrest. "Absolutely going to recover if you reach the top fifteen minutes ago."

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He felt rather than saw the glint of light off of the tips of crossbow bolts. His attempts at healing Shiranai through regeneration seemed to have failed and now he'd need to resort to more serious measures. Yet what could he manage? He had set up the floor for a more serious one on one fight, if Makoro had decided to attack him he'd have simply dealt with the man in a way that only he or another member of that false cult of Jashin could have managed.

Standing slowly he looked around him with a disdain that only features nearly permanently in a frown could have managed till he looked at Makoro Underestimate me to you peril. There was a malice behind the words, but only subtle, only something trained ears would pick up. Kushin looked to Shin, a small smile on his face as twenty bolts pierced his skin.

A soundless scream breathed out of him as he fell to one knee, most of the bolts had hit vital organs, some had simply passed through him. Yet he focused his attention on one of those who was the cause of his situation, one who looked particularly proud of himself. As he did so the man suddenly erupted into large gashes, blood flowing from twenty wounds. It was his turn to collapse, his screaming wasn't so silent.

Kushin stood.

Pain was still there, he'd taken damage, no doubt about it, but they didn't need to know that. What they knew was that there had been twenty of them, now there were ninteen, and one of their number had effectively just been shot by all of them, including himself. Do it again. I dare you.

He began forming handseals, maintaining his gaze. They looked at each other wondering what they should do. First one then a dozen of them lifted their crossbows, and another hail of shots fired. They were testing him, wondering if he could do it again, wondering if he did or didn't feel anything after the event. The evidence of this was seen on where he was hit this time, most were flesh wounds, they didn't want to die. Smiling he looked at the one who had lifted his first, the face of the man said it all, he looked at Makoro before he too erupted in blood, once more Kushin's wounds had closed.

Finishing the seals he cast the Resuscitate jutsu on Shiranai. That should bring him back, at least for a while. He was still in a poor situation though, eighteen still stood, though none looked willing to take shots at him anymore. They would have suddenly placed two and two together, he was the medical sennin, he was also capable of placing his wounds on others, a member of the Chigokai clan. He leaned in to the barely concious Shiranai, only hoping the boy would hear him Be the shinobi we trained you to be, and be the Shogun you are and live. I'll deal with this.

His pain began to dissapear as he activated his regeneration jutsu.

To think I've not even attacked yet. Perhaps I'll have to rectify that. He crouched, a cruel smile on his lips.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin's mouth remained shut but his eyes were busy as ever. He did not respond to his uncle but looked onward at the actions of his shinobi army. They all ignore his warning despite his pleads to recede their efforts. Shin could see the confidence in his men brewing like an overbearing steam from a kettle; he had no control with what was transpiring before him. He could make out Masao, his dear mentor, rush a squadron into the towers maneuver away from the disarray of explosions

"My father may have been a mad man but he is still my father and your brother. One thing is certain that my father taught me, despite his impudent failure, to adhere to him is that no shinobi should act on emotion." Shin paused. "I know your angry is merited Ojisan but doing this will not bring her back and even so she would not want this. At least, my mother and comrades have kept me from this insanity. If you and your men back down I will give you retribution but as Raikage I will honor my duty and end this." Shin said as his lifted his downcast disposition revealing a slip of paper sticking out of his mouth rested tightly against his teeth. His eyes changed into a dark red hue designed with an intricate swirls like the deepest supernova.

"Hatsugen Histori".

Immediately, the area around them began to change like the effects of paint dripping from a canvas after some half-wit dropped a bucket of water on top of it. The concrete floor began to sprout grass and various vegetation like unwarranted weeds and the smell of gunpowder was replaced by the cool breeze of a calm afternoon. Finally, large block hedges spanning nearly ten feet masked Shinrai, Kushin and Makorao's presence. Shin was no longer bounded but standing keeping his gaze at his surely shocked uncle. Where were they? If anyone knew it was Shin. He had played a gamble using this jutsu -- Hatsugen Histori. It was a jutsu that Shin crafted when he was special jounin and began to understand his father's work of chakra manipulation. The Uchiha are known for their prowess with manipulating genjutsu to near realism, especially noted by the notorious Tsukuyomi. This jutsu was not heavily required Mangekyō Sharingan but Shin sealed most of the chakra in a notebook to allow extensive and more pronounce result. They were all in a genjutsu, specifically in a labyrinth designed during his lessons crafted for the students. He was certain Makoro knew the layout but his henchmen didn't. It would give Kushin and Shinrai to escape the labyrinth while he distracted Makoro. The exit of the labyrinth were server as mental escape from the jutsu. However, there was a problem. The jutsu was not performed properly and the time he could hold the jutsu was substantially dropped let alone the fact that Makoro could very well figure out how to escape the technique. Normally, Shin would not take capricious risks but today was an exception.

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Ayumu felled another foe, this time using his giant blade to somewhat gruesomely cleave a man in half, he was able to catch sight of the young Tama finishing a few men off with beams of light which pierced their hearts. Ayumu swung his blade over his shoulder and rested it there as he paused briefly while Tama caught up. He was also taking a moment to catch his breath. Moving around so quickly in this heavy armor was more tiring than he had expected it to be. Besides that, it was blasted hot inside the thing. If Tama thought that Ayumu or the others weren't breaking a sweat, she was mistaken. When Tama was sufficiently caught up, Ayumu would place a second hand on the hilt of the pilfered blade and charge at the next enemy in his path. Meanwhile, his sempai were busy cutting their own path through the enemy lines in their own respective ways. Masao himself had opened fire with a large machine bolter. Enemies were falling at a spectacular rate, and the armor was working great. Things were going perfectly! Almost... too perfectly.

The ground beneath Ayumu's feet began to rumble ominously. Looking ahead, he saw a man with his hands fixed in the form of a handseal. Diving away, Ayumu, as he rolled and returned to his feet, watched a pillar of earth erupt from the ground where he had been standing at an alarming speed. He returned his gaze to the earth jutsu user and spotted his hands going through another series of seals. Ayumu lifted the giant blade and drew it back behind himself, then threw it at the man with all his might. The blade made just a slight arc through the air spinning vertically end over and until the sharp side ran through Ayumu's off-guard enemy, cutting his seals short. Ayumu was just a split second after the blade he had thrown and retrieved it from the corpse before continuing on his destructive path.

Before Ayumu even realized it, they had cleared their way in to the entrance of the tower. A large statue of a Raikage past stood boldly in front, luckily unharmed by the battle taking place around it. The strange lighting did nothing to calm anyone as the fight waged on. Ayumu watched as Moro's impressive summoned beast tore in to a few enemies. Not wanting to be left behind, Ayumu dashed forward with a leap in to the middle of a few man and spun with the large weapon in a 360 angle of destruction to drop them all. They entered the lobby next, to find yet more enemies remaining in their way. An explosion rocked the ridiculously out of place juice bar in the lobby, demolishing it. No big loss there. Ayumu advanced in to the lobby, using the range of his newfound weapon to slice his foes who could not move far enough away quick enough to avoid it. More bolter fire ricocheted off his armer as a group of men holding crossbolts made themselves his next target. Soon, the group would clear the lobby. The elevator arrived just in time for the crew to step on, the doors closing behind them. The inappropriately upbeat elevator music played as they stood there, Masao reloading his magazine.

"So...uh... come here often?" Ayumu said a little awkwardly to break the silence. A moment later, the Commander was in their ear, explaining the situation to them. Ayumu had not seen the giant bird outside, so he wasn't sure what she meant by Warhawk. He was remarking at what an excellent view the exterior elevators allowed. A moment later, the bird descended in to his view with a screech. He cursed whoever had thought exterior elevators was a good idea. It was a horrible idea. He was dropping to the floor of the elevator before Masao had said a word. Simultaneously he had flipped the giant blade in front of himself and began to use it for extra cover, stabbing it in to the elevator floor and dropping behind it. He reached in to his belt pouch and drew from it two kunai wrapped with explosive notes. Feeding each the required chakra for activation, he watched as they caught fire and then quickly threw them around the side blade he sat behind. They were timed for about two seconds, so even if they didn't hit the bird, they would explode nearby. He hoped they would damage the wings and give him a moment. He knew the others were more versed in ranged jutsu than he, so he was sure they would also attack it. Hopefully it would go down- if not, hopefully they'd reach the top soon.

OoC: Word Count: 790 - Total Word Count: 2290

Suzuki Setsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It should have been an epic moment. Two things prevented this gathering of some of Kumo’s most powerful operatives from being worthy of a John Williams or Howard Shore soundtrack at this moment. The first was the cheesy elevator music in the background already, a definite mood-killer. The second was the presence of a twelve-year-old girl, half the size of everyone else in the room, whose armor hung loosely from her small frame.

“So….uh…come here often?” the sword-wielding four-eyes had said with an awkward smile as the group boarded. Tama thought back to the last time she had been in the Torre….she hadn’t. Ever.

“Nope, this is my first time here,” she said quietly in response. He needed a nickname now, sword-wielding four-eyes just wasn’t going to cut it. Tama decided on calling him Megaken. The others also needed nicknames too, the old guy who literally crackled with anticipation would be Sparky, and the girl with the glowing sword would be Tsuyameken. No, Tsuyameken was too long; Tama decided to change her name to Kiraken.
As the elevator rose, and while the ANBU Sennin was complementing the obliteration of the tacky juice bar on the first floor, Tama inspected her armor and gear. Her custom-made gloves were in perfect condition, granted they were a little dirty. After all, nothing would stay clean after being in a battle, that idea was just ridiculous. However, she noticed the tears in the sleeves of her armor as well as the rips in the armored leggings. If she continued to cloak her limbs in slicing winds, her power suit would probably soon be sleeveless and incorporate shorts into the design. Hopefully, if she survived this, she could have one sized properly for her.

The screech of the Warhawk soon drew her attention, “Is the bird part of the décor at the Torre?” However, her question wouldn’t be answered anytime soon because no sooner had she asked, the Warhawk began firing a Gatling arbalest at the group. Vice-Commander Barfight yelled for everyone to get down, but Tama just stood there, dumbstruck at the fact that a bird could operate such complex machinery.

“Defensive techniques and create cover by any means necessary,” came the instructions from above. She reflexively raised her hands to shield herself and a shiny barrier flashed in front of the group. It lasted only a few seconds, but during that time quite a few of the bolts pinged against the invisible barrier while Tama ran through a few more handseals and a gale force wind emitted from the young girl blowing the bolts that weren’t stopped by the light barrier back at the aggressive aerial predator. If she was lucky it might have messed with the birds flight plan, too. Unfortunately the strength of the blast of wind carried Tama’s helmet and lower left sleeve with it. The helmet bounced off the head of the bird before plummeting towards the base of the Torre, while the sleeve found itself plastered across the eyes of the summon beast, temporarily obscuring its vision. Tama wasn’t as powerful as she let on though, and could only maintain these higher levels of jutsu for a very limited amount of time.

Megaken tossed his e-notes into the fray, which Tama tried to carry directly to the bird with her windstorm, but what would really be helpful would be Sparky’s electrifying personality. If necessary she would make do, though.

WC: 571
TWC: 1651

Hoshiko Gin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The opposition had been diminished considerably, and the five Kumo-nin met to move onwards into the Torre. The juice bar was now demolished, and the lobby was in absolute disarray; but what else could be expected? They were a shinobi squadron, hell-bent on rescuing their Raikage and the captured Shogun, not a cleaning service. Hayata Shin would certainly find a more conventional service for the space cleared in the wake of their entrance. At least The Regent Commander seemed pleased by its destruction, which automatically justified such action in the ANBU kunoichi's mind.

Huddled once again in the enclosed confines of the elevator, it was silent, save for the young panda chica and Ayumu's awkward murmurs. Gin was silent, however, she shot a couple hateful glances upwards towards the speakers; they had always been a design flaw. "That music..." She grumbled irritably, while her mind wandered to the damaged armor she now wore. Heat damage. It unsettled the kunoichi, especially considering its location; how many hits could it take? 'I will not give them a chance to find out..' Thought Gin before a familiar voice called for her attention.

"What?" She began stupidly in shock, turning her head slightly to notice Moro just inches away. He hadn't even bothered saying anything to her earlier, and now he decided he wanted to talk to her? Despite their current situation? The young woman hung on every word expectantly, not sure what she felt more; touched or the urge to whack him upside the head for such horrible timing. She listened intently, almost to intently, before a shriek reverberated around them. Instinctively, she ducked down to avoid the round of bolters shot by the screeching avian.

The girl shot back up, seeing both Ayumu and Tama make attempts at the arbalest wielding creature. The slightly damaged bird thrashed about mightily, trying to unblindfold itself, Gin cast a genjutsu on the beast. It's darkened vision from the sleeve across its face would now fade into complete darkness, wallowing in a blinded rage.

Another round of bolters came for the group trapped in the elevator
, and quickly in retaliation, Gin sent out barrage of five wind blades in hopes of hitting and further damaging it wings or even knocking the 20mm from its talons.

WC: 377
CWC: 1641

Tagiushi Moro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Drug Lab (From "The Raid: Redemption")

The plates of his armor whined in protest as he dashed from cover into the fray, body covered with glowing, friction attributed heat spots. Overall the armor seemed to be standing up to the assault better than he could've hoped, but there were tears in the seams between plates and repeated bolts and jutsu appeared to be wearing the armor thin in certain spots. Eddies of storm chakra whirled and spun off of his body as he sprinted from man to man, desperately seeking a ground that was not on the Santaru's own body. Fortunately, more often than not these grounds proved to be the metallic equipment of the entrenched defenders. Unfortunately, Moro could smell burning hair even through the heavy ballistic glass visor.

He strode to the lobby, swinging his bolter from its hotdropped position near his thigh to its rightful secure place on his back, the chakra plate clamps intuitively grasping the bow and locking it in place. the device was so sensitive to chakra, that it only detected the residual pulses of electricity through Moro's body conducted through the weapon to release the mechanism.

Hair greasy and plastered to the front of his scalp, he replaced his sword and dagger with a harsh flick to either side, a brief pulse of lightning chakra sent the residual blood curdling black and flaking off the blades, the last few stubborn flecks jumped away with a near inaudible sizzle, he briefly flourished the blades before replacing them in their respective sheaths.

There was no time to relax for the members of the SoD, while they had cleared the ground floor, the second floor was now a sniper nest. In the heat of the battle, as the aRPG sped directly towards his skull, he simply cocked his head to the side, the projectile diving into the narrow space between his shoulder. The ensuing explosion rocked the entire building and threw the operative forward, shrapnel raking the entire back side of his suit and sending him sprawling. He quickly regained his feet and returned fire with his M1, taking slow, careful headshots. Stray lightning from his maintained storm snuck in through shattered windows, panic ensued as they soon realized there was nowhere to run. Soon even the second floor was cleared.

The trickster grimalkin appeared at his side again without warning, sending a charge intense enough to provide a numbing shock to the Santaru's right calf even through his armor plating. It sashayed around his ankle in mock affection before sliding into an obedient pose before him, teasing droplets of nukenin blood off its claws via dusky tongue as if brushing its shoulder of so many haters. He gingerly stroked behind the creature's ear with his gauntlet, finger-plates sliding smoothly other each other with the movement of the digit; sending an unpleasant twitch up his radial nerve, the confused muscles there contracting briefly. The creature looked up at him with its cavernous pits expectantly, it somehow fixed him with a specific emotion: There he saw recognition, but no remorse. No pleasure or satisfaction either, only obvious inevitable completion of its duty.

Maintaining the creature would tax his chakra reserves, and I still have the Raikage and the Shogun to rescue, he chucklegrunted. He dismissed the panther with a flick of two fingers, it instantly sucked itself into a small spherical ball, briefly expanding slightly before wobbling inward, contracting. Edges of reality briefly crinkling in the vortex, the globecat reduced itself to only the very tip of its flickering white tail and then blinked into nothingness, vanishing with a tiny anti-pop that jerked inward bits of paper and debris scattered nearby. With the feline's departure, from the spot it had sat a moment before, dozens of small, crackling inky voids slinked and crept their way across the marble tiles at different paces before dissipating.

As a unit they stepped into the elevator. For a time the only sounds were he and the Vice Commander reloading their bolter weaponry, and the jazzy soft sounds being vomited from the speakers. The trainee and panda broke the silence. "A man named Hypnos once threatened to assassinate the Reagent Commander while leading me to her office. We took these very elevators. He pinned me against these walls and choked me until I was barely conscious. One of the only ANBU I've ever truly trusted." he brushed his fingers over the walls almost longingly. Suit scratching the metal interior akin to nails on a chalkboard.

Desperation began to creep in as he was looking over Gin, the scratches on her own armor and her demeanor. "Gin," his voice barely a whisper. He grabbed her by her shoulders and turned her to face him. A slight pneumatic hiss, he yanked his helmet off and let it drop to the carpeted floor. Time seemed to droop as the village slowly pirouetted around them in their glass case of emotion. "I just wanted to say, that if we don't make it out of this one. I, I-" He was interrupted by a bloodcurdling shriek that set the hairs on his neck erect and a cold shiver down his spine. The tempered glass exploded, a split second too late to heed the Vice Commander's warning. A heavy bolt flew inside their compartment and drove between the plates on his left forearm, the force of the blow staggering Moro backwards and pinning him to the back of the elevator. The wound was deep, but it felt like it caught only the outer edge of the tissue. It would bleed like stink, but for the most part his major nerves, arteries and veins remained intact.

Enraged, his quicksilver orbs laid bare for all to see, he pulled the bolt free and stepped to the fore, looking the warhawk dead in the eyes. He directed his storm at the creature, tiny bolts of lighting and jagged shards of hail pelting its back and head, rain replaced by a gusty tempest, hopefully deterring additional bolts. Moro stretched his concentration to its limits, fixing a negatively charged pole to the center of its left and right wings, and also the fan of feathers at the kuchiyose beast's tail. Hands crackling with storm chakra, blue-white glow running all the way up his elbows, he discharged the lightning in a Barrage of Storms, a half dozen bright beams lancing their way out and around his body in a lazy spiral, before two of each of the beams abruptly shifted midair and headed towards their respective poles.

Chakra running all the way up to his shoulders now, he brought his hands together and cupped them, arms straight out, pointed directly at the warhawk's tail. His blood and Raiden screamed for retribution, electricity flooded every cell and capillary in his body, yet still he waited, holding onto the gathering energy until he thought he would physically burst.

Wait for it, Wait for it, NOW!

His feet were planted, but the force of his Gigavolt Cannon being unleashed still dragged him back a few steps, carpet folding and dragging along his heels. It took all of his strength and ability to direct the beam of pure storm. Starting at the hawk's tail, he would attempt to drag it in a straight line all the way to its head, tracer beam briefly lighting the quickly darkening Kumogakure sky.

[wc: 1221]
[twc: 2472]
[ooc: thanks everyone for being so patient!]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
20th story of the Torre Celeste
…2310 hours

The world exploded around them in a hellish, painful fireworks display of heat and light as a literal hailstorm of explosive-tipped 20 mm bolts crashed into the elevator and the area around it. The noise was deafening, as if a thousand angry chains of firecrackers went off at once right next to one’s ear. By comparison, the whine of straining metal and shattering plexiglass was miniscule in comparison. A second later, the characteristic, flatulence-like roar of the actual arbalest’s firing resonated in the night; bolts were faster than sound, hence the delay. The outer surface of the Torre Celeste, sculpted from a dense type of stone impervious to most jutsu, was now marked with terrible gouges and craters, and the smoke and dust was nauseatingly thick.

Masao rolled painfully onto his back, the pitiful shreds of his last-minute black blockade jutsu dissolving away into nothingness and his armor smoking. Somehow, with both his and Tama’s shielding combined, no one had been turned into paste. Ayumu’s newly-acquired buster sword resembled a thin wedge of swiss cheese, holes still molten at the edges. That strafing run had torn their strongest defensive techniques and Yasu Ren’s armor to utter and complete fuck, and he knew there was no way that the group would survive a second bout with the bird’s ordinance. That particular warhawk wasn’t a bird carrying an arbalest; it was an arbalest that happened to have a bird attached to it. The worst part, however, was that the speakers that piped out such insipid elevator music had somehow been spared, and worse, were now louder!

“Rin! If we’re going to die here I need better music!” complained Masao as he staggered to his feet and aimed his belt-fed at the warhawk as it screamed by and started to pull away for another run. If it made it outside their weapon range, they were dead… Suddenly, twin explosions erupted in the darkness of the night outside, throwing the bird off course as it narrowly dodged the concussion waves. Fortunately, this was the moment needed for Tama’s helmet to bonk against its head with an audible *thunk* and a piece of her sleeve to wrap around its eyes. It unhooked one of its feet from the massive weapon it carried and ripped away the piece of clothing with disdain, flapping its wings furiously to stay aloft. Bolts of lightning lanced out amidst the growing storm Moro had summoned, but none of them managed to strike the creature as it came around for a close-quarters fight.

Now, Kyuuraku was hovering in front of them all, and it brought its weapon to bear right on the shinobi. The whine of its rotating barrels pierced the night, and Masao swallowed as he braced for his last moments, when suddenly it shrieked in dismay, affected by a genjutsu courtesy of Gin, their resident specialist. The next burst of autoarbalest fire lanced forward but went wide, carving a deep gouge in the stone of the Torre next to them. Even better, the jazz-fusion abortion that had been playing on the speakers now abruptly stopped, replaced with the peppy strains of everyone’s favorite idol group out of Raiden’s Eye, AKB0048!

Satisfied with the change of tune, Masao slapped Moro on the back. The Santaru was clearly charging something up, as he could attest to from the way contacting the ANBU had forced his hair on end. “It’s blinded! Fucking kill it! Now!” he roared as he unloaded his heavy auto-bolter in the bird’s direction, sending the last scraps of his ammunition into the sky. Moro’s body erupted in what could only be described as an orgasm of electricity as he issued a stream of wildly overexcited electrons at their attacker. For a brief moment, the bird was illuminated clearly as day, before bursting into flames and falling in a fiery trail to the ground below. “Thank Shinbatsu,” Masao sighed, giving Moro a thumbs up. Noticing the condition the others were in, he issued new commands.

“Our armor’s shredded! Better to take it off,” he growled, ripping away the flaming remains of his breastplate and tossing it aside. Deftly, he undid the snaps holding the other components to his body and let the chunks of twisted and blackened metal fall off the sides of the destroyed elevator car. “The final boss awaits…”
Meanwhile…

…2310 hours

As two of their number erupted in a messy show of crimson, the henchmen leveling their bolters at Kushin took a step back, unsure now what to do. It was enough to give the sennin time to cast a lifesaving jutsu on the dead man at his feet.

Deep within Shiranai’s chest, at the level of the sarcoplasmic reticulum of a small cluster of cells that made up his atrioventricular node, a spark flared into existence. The energy caused the lipid membranes within to suddenly discharge their contents into their cellular matrices, prompting a cascade of chemical reactions that now kicked billions of previously dormant proteins back into action. This chain reaction spread from cell to cell, initiating a new bioelectric current that quickly spread over the rest of the heart. Infused with this new energy, the muscles contracted suddenly, forcing blood in his ventricles into his brain and his lungs, delivering vitally needed oxygen right at the moment at which neurons would have started to die.

“Be the shinobi we trained you to be, and be the Shogun you are and live. I'll deal with this...”

The words stirred within Shiranai’s re-awakening consciousness – in the deep recesses of his unconscious, he realized that Kushin had…praised him. That Kushin, who despised the weak and sick, actually believed in his strength and his potential. That he could be the Shogun of the land. Yes, sensei Shiranai thought, I will live, so that I do not disappoint you.

His heart beat faster and stronger, and with a deep and sudden gasp, his diaphragm contracted and forced him to take in a large breath. The sudden hit of new oxygen was a kick to his head, and his eyes shot open. With a mix between a scream and a roar, Shiranai now sat bolt upright, a wild expression on his face. What greeted him was not a pretty sight. Eighteen of Makoro’s armed henchmen stood around him and Kushin, who appeared to be wounded. Still, the look on his sensei’s face said it all: I got this.

“To think I've not even attacked yet. Perhaps I'll have to rectify that,” said the sennin, evilly.

“Makoro-sama! What the fuck do we do with this asshole?! We need your help!” said the shark-like henchman, looking wildly at his master. Makoro, however, was silent with rage at Shin, who still knelt in front of him.

"I know your anger is merited Ojisan but doing this will not bring her back and even so she would not want this. At least, my mother and comrades have kept me from this insanity. If you and your men back down I will give you retribution but as Raikage I will honor my duty and end this,” said the Raikage, his eyes defiant.

“Damn it, Shin. What is with this ‘power of friendship’ crap?! Don’t you realize that everyone will always betray you in the end?! Don’t you realize that you’re going to be alone no matter what?! Look at our family! I’m a goddamned missing nin trying to kill his only other known blood relation!” he said, lifting Shin up off the floor by his collar. “Of course I can’t back down. The only thing I deserve is death, and I know it. But I have to make Misa’s life mean something, and I don’t know what else to do but end us all,” he said.

“Makoro-sama! PLEASE!” roared one of the henchmen now, as they backed away from Kushin.

“Is the glider ready?!” shouted Makoro into his headset, ignoring the others’ pleas.

“Yes sir, we’re ready for you now!” piped a voice over the earpiece.

As he turned his head to face Shin again, Makoro’s eyes suddenly widened at the sight of the paper in the Raikage’s mouth.

"Hatsugen Histori"

Immediately, the atrium of the Torre Celeste erupted in verdant foliage and view-blocking hedgerows as the penultimate genjutsu technique of the Hayata clan took effect. Shiranai scrambled to his feet in surprise, looking to Kushin for orders. The men surrounding them were now panicking in earnest, some of them dropping their crossbolters and simply running in the opposite direction. The shark-man who faced Kushin merely chuckled.

“Fuck this. That asshole Makoro’s not worth dying for anymore. Everyone get the hell out!” he said to the remaining henchmen, who wordlessly complied and started to scatter. The creature winked at Kushin. “Later, doc,” he said, before disappearing in a cloud of smoke. As Kushin attempted to get his bearings, he realized that he and Shiranai were now alone, and that there was no trace of Shin. This was a master-level genjutsu, and it would take time for even a sennin to unravel its fabric and end the thing. For now, Shin was on his own.

With a snarl, Makoro ripped the paper from Shin’s mouth and crumpled it, even though he was well aware that doing so would not affect the jutsu at all.

“Impressive. But remember, kid, I helped lay the foundations for this thing,” he snarled, starting to walk into a seemingly impassable cluster of vegetation while dragging Shin along. “I know the ins and outs even if you think I don’t. So all you’ve done is prevent that pervert Kushin from following us. Probably a good thing, as I don’t really like to kill a fellow doctor,” he said, waving a hand in front of him. Before them, a door materialized. Opening it, Makoro and Shin now emerged into a markedly different environment – the windy, chilling rooftop of the Torre Celeste at midnight. Before them, one of the Thunderhawk transports waited, its aft door open and ready to receive the two. With a rough shove, Makoro pushed Shin into the craft before entering himself.

“Pilot, we depart now!”
Concurrently

With a cheerful pinging sound, the elevator carriage, or what was left of it, arrived at the entrance to the atrium.

“Brace yourselves. The Regent Commander reported multiple armed hostiles waiting for us!” said Masao as he looked over his ST-15 one last time. “I’ve got point. Moro, Gin, flanks. Kogami and Mochizuki, you guys guard our rear once we’re there. Ready…” he said, as the doors started to slide open.

He burst out, bolter forward and ready to fire, only to be greeted with one of the more surreal sights of his life. The atrium had been replaced with what seemed like an alien greenhouse. All surfaces were covered with a thick layer of spongy moss or greenery, and lush trees with vines overshadowed the entire place. Birds and animals chirped cheerfully in the background. Outside, the night sky of Kumo peered in from the surprisingly steamy windows. Surprisingly, there was no resistance to be seen. Shit, we’re too late? he thought, as he cautiously advanced, signaling for the others to do the same. Makoro and Shin were both Hayata, and thus experts at genjutsu, which this seemed to be.

“Everyone split up, and find Makoro…” he started to say, right before another avian screech sounded in the periphery. The Vice Commander’s eyes widened as he saw another gigantic specimen of bird flapping its wings right outside. Unlike Kyuuraku who had attacked them before, this one, who he recognized as Hu-Po, was even larger, and dazzlingly white in color. The textbooks said that Hu-Po was supposed to be a compassionate figure – that was total bullshit, however, because the next thing the bird did was to launch a stream of feathered rockets right at their location!

No one had time to even shout before the atrium erupted in yet another shower of explosions, throwing bodies and flames around in a spectacular show of power. Genjutsu-formed trees shattered into splinters, and the verdant foliage was enveloped in flames. As Masao flew through the air, he marveled briefly at the Hayata family genius – no one else programmed genjutsu to react so realistically to real world ordinance.

With a painful thump, Masao landed on a bare section of floor and rolled into a nearby wall. His head spinning and his body feeling wobbly, he dragged himself to his feet, leaning on a tree that had managed to survive. The gigantic white bird had left now, apparently satisfied with the damage she had done. The atrium had been utterly destroyed – walls collapsed, furniture in flames or broken, and fires raging around him. His bolter was gone, presumably lost or destroyed. The others were nowhere to be seen. Shin was…Oh shit, he thought, slapping himself as he remembered why he had come here in the first place. With a burst of new energy, he started to run toward the door to the outside landing pad. As he smashed his bulk through the metal door and knocked it off its hinges, he saw it – the glider was at the edge of its track, and was about to lift away at any second. With a speed born of sheer desperation, he sprinted toward the craft, which started to rise in the air on the steady wind currents blowing at all times at this altitude. As it finally cleared the lip of the tower, Masao launched himself in the air at the glider, not even thinking about the fact that if he missed, he would most certainly end up as a crater in Kumogakure history.

Barely, his hand caught one of the glider’s landing rails, and he grabbed hold with all his might, swinging briefly in a disorienting limbo. However, his training kicked in, and now his other hand found purchase. Quickly, he pulled his foot onto the rails, and located the pilot’s door, wrenching it open. One of the two men in the cockpit gave him a look of surprise before Masao landed a punch in his face and savagely ripped him from the seat, sending him to fall three hundred meters to the Kumo streets. As Masao now slid into the cockpit, the other pilot hastily drew his pistol bolter and tried to point it at the intruder, only to have his hand knocked away. The weapon fired into the instrument panel, which threw up a shower of sparks and quickly burst into flames. Masao wasted no time, forming a chakra blade that emerged from the palm of his other hand and sank into the pilot’s neck. Crimson splattered across the windshield as the man fell to the side. Bereft of control, the glider now started to spin crazily in the air. With all his might, the Vice Commander gripped at its control stick despite the flames and pulled it, trying to yaw it back in the direction of the Torre’s rooftop…

With a blinding crash of light and flames, he was again thrown in the air, but landed now with a thump on what felt like concrete. A trickle of blood dripped down his face, making everything appear as vague shapes in a crimson theater. Nearby, something burned brightly, sending plumes of smoke and flames and casting strange shadows all around. Struggling, he tried to stand, but found that he could not. Shin… he thought, numbly looking at the burning wreckage.

All of a sudden, two shapes now emerged from the other side of the burning craft. One of them, Makoro, and the other, Shin! Both of them seemed to be injured, as Makoro drunkenly stumbled around and Shin collapsed to his knees – but both were alive. A few meters in front of Masao, a pistol crossbolter lay on the deck. His vision hazy but his mind clearer, Masao looked at Makoro, and looked at the bolter. Snarling, he crawled toward the weapon. It was time to end this forever. Time to put Shin’s crazy uncle down and right the country’s wrongs.

As his hand wrapped around the grip, Makoro’s foot suddenly stomped on Masao’s wrist, forcing him to let go. His face erupted in pain as the missing then landed a follow-up kick that sent him sprawling to the ground on his back. Suddenly, Makoro loomed over him, holding a bolter to his head.

“Goodbye, Vice Commander Takaki…”

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The rules of war.

Rin watched her men and women swarm the tower, swords flashing, bolters firing, chakra lashing heaven and earth. Not just ANBU, but Main Branch, Medical--even a few bold civilians. These were her people--those to whom war was a flame, who were fascinated with it, who drew ever nearer in its orbit. Today, war was not a surgical strike. Today, war was an earth-quaking hammer wielded by an angry god.

One: Know yourself.

Kushin was pierced by a flight of bolts, some passing clear through him as he dropped to a knee. She watched his mouth form a soundless O of unguessable pain... But she knew that pain, and felt it fresh now. The medical Sennin was the man he needed to be, and still formed the seals which took his attacker's--his murderer's--life. His murderer if her people could not reach him in time. The Sennin's bravura was breath-taking. Again, the Sennin took a volley of fire, and another man erupted in a welter of gore. As though the rest were too lowly for his attentions, Kushin returned to ministering to the fallen boy, the Shogun.

Two: Have an alternate plan.

The Raikage knelt before Makoro and spoke words she could not hear over the interference from explosions and the enemy's clever devices. But she watched, and she read his lips, and she committed to memory what she could knowing that these could be her lord's last words, and that someone must hear them, and someone must pass them on. If he fell...

Makoro collared him roughly, dragging him to his feet. She grinned savagely, then, as he revealed the tag concealed in his mouth, and she could only guess at the hell he revealed to the men standing in that tower as they fled in all directions.

"The Raikage is preparing a welcoming reception for you all. Concentrate on enemies not fleeing in delusional terror once you reach the summit."

Three: Wear a helmet.

The trainee and operatives were trapped in the lift. Ayumu buried the sword--more like a steel panel, honestly--in the floor tiling and reached for tags Rin knew all too well. Moro reached out, futilely seeking something which could no longer be freely given. Gin wheeled away from an opportunistic shot, and it pinned Moro to the rear of the compartment with the force of a raging bull. The ensuing cascade of fire caught Masao and sent him tumbling across the floor, spilling blood like wine. Tama erected a bubble to hold back the hail of bolts, deflecting many away and perhaps prolonging her comrade's lives a little longer. Women were cruel; Rin saw the handseals Gin made, and smiled to herself. Moro tore free and seized control of his storm again, pitting his will against the bird's.

Her nerves might have sung in sympathy, once... Two more explosions rocked the Torre, booming from the side of the ruined lift as Ayumu's tags erupted. Blinded, battered, and pierced by its own weapons, the mighty beast screamed its rage. It would not be driven away like some lowly scavenger. Tama struggled to hold her barrier, losing her helmet in the wind. It flew free of the tower, upward as though gravity no longer held any power against it. Comms began to fizz and fade... From the rear of the lift compartment came a blast of light that knocked the emplaced systems offline and filled the Sileo's cerebellar chamber with light.

Four: There is no sportsmanship.

The massive ur-hawk fell shrieking back to earth, dissolving into cinders and hatred and wasted chakra. When interior comms came back within the Torre, the Sileo monitors revealed an odd scene of sweaty, sooty, bleeding men and women stripping from shredded armor. It might have passed for a risque tableux in the Capital.

At the apex of the Torre, the Shogun sat up as though waking from a nightmare. She shuddered. No, Shiranai! Lie down! A vision of a bolt tearing through his throat blazed in her mind. Makoro was dragging Hayata out to the roof access, where another huge avian awaited--this one, even worse, rumored to be divine.

"NO! INTERCEPT MAKORO. He is taking the Raikage to the roof access! They have a glider!"

Rin slapped her hand down on the gauntlets lying on her desk. "Takayama-taichou!" she barked.

"Hai!"

"Take over comms!"

Five: Go to war ready to die.

The gauntlets slid into place and locked at the olecranon. The black lamellar was aged and had gone gray just like Rin, and was burnished with scars just like Rin. She flexed her fingers. She had no sword to carry. She needed no sword. She needed no shield. She swept her cloak from the back of her unused seat and affixed the matte clasp at her throat. The caesura broke as she unsealed the door: a rush of comms chatter went out from the chamber, advising ground forces of what was to begin.

The death poem of her grandmother came to her lips as she raced the most hidden ways of the Sileo. "This soul, doomed to die again and again, leaving a hundred bodies as dust in its wake, will always know the gold alcea blossoms on the blue slopes where my lord once walked, walks now, will walk again."

Leaders always had a way of bending the rules they laid down for others. The ANBU were the clearest manifestation of this natural law. Among them, too, were rules which applied inequally, and depended not simply on honor or necessity, but asymmetric knowledge. Those without could know nothing of the Sileo Tempestas, could know nothing of the dark paths, and within few had complete access, or complete knowledge, of the labyrinth which undergirded the village and its mountain. Yet Rin knew, and had in her time assisted in the mapping of some of these ways, and now, past the zenith of life, ran them as fast as she ever could have.

Are any of them still alive? She was reluctant to use local out of concern that the channels were being monitored by hostiles. And how would knowing she was on the way help her forces at all?

She burst free in a frore alley near the Torre. Steam burst out around her, leaving a white bank of fog. She scaled a wall and, emerging on the rooftop, performed a few particular seals. Perhaps mistaking her silhouette for an enemy, someone fired upon her, but the arrow only clanged against tile where she had once stood. Her form had torn itself apart into scraps of carbon paper which whirled upwards in an unfelt wind. She had ten seconds or less; unable to gain more velocity, she gyred round to the ruined lift.

Time was up. She caught a steel rail and with inhuman strength crushed her fingers into it, not even feeling her nails tearing free. The thundering in her heart deafened her to the detonations above and numbed her to the transitory pains of struggle. She slid four meters down in a shower of sparks, then launched herself across the shaft. Shadowy limbs of horrific proportion bloomed around her, snaring cables, beams, and jagged rock. She swung her body higher and, painfully but faster than mortally possible, scaled the empty shaft. She punched through the floor of the lift on the final floor and heaved herself through the hole with her shoulders burning in protest. Rin keened a little, then, a high thin sound escaping her gritted teeth.

"Narumitama reporting," she lied breathlessly through the headset. No one replied. Raijin, shield their souls.

The roof access was half-open. She tucked herself behind the post and slid the door open a bit further. Beyond, Hu Po was unseen. Must be either below or behind this position. Flaming wreckage littered the rooftop. Hail and rain yet ravaged the night. Her chakra reached out, but she felt nothing of the storm system like she once would have. There was no purchase for her soul here, nothing she could even push against. Nothing at all.

That fuliginous energy pulsed dully to life, armoring her flesh with a gel-like layer of power. Her irises glowed red, enkindled with jealously maternal rage. A tenebrous fist thrust through ebony paneling and encircled the porcelain-enameled, iron throne therein. She braced herself and dragged it forward through the door with a primal scream swallowed up by Moro's unleashed tempest. She had a kunitsu kami to hunt.

She beamed a searchlight up at the clouds, capturing at last a personal, full frontal view of Hu Po. "C'mere, you god-forsaking vulture," she hissed. As if it heard her, the great beast banked leeward. She set a bead on it in her mind's eye. Her chakra fulminated sulfurously as the beast buzzed the roof, forcing her down in a shower of her own cinders. Hu Po screamed as ashes and fire burned into his eyes and nares. The buffet of giant wings nearly knocked her senseless. Half-stunned, she watched the thing wheel around once more. It stooped at a rate impossibly fast, and in one airless moment she thought she was being crushed to paste against the black roof.

She was swept up in a confusion of reptilian talons. Her stomach dropped along with the roof as the ancient, grand eagle bore them up. He labored under their combined weight--an adult human was not easy to carry away. Her senses swam until a realization gave her something to seize upon. He meant to drop her over the side!

With that conviction firmly affixed in her mind, the trailing and dissolving ends of Rin's umbral chakra re-solidified rapidly before she lost grip of the toilet she'd torn from the Torre. But she waited: if Hu Po changed his mind, he could just crush her and let her mangled corpse fall into the village below. The gale ripped at her clothes and hair, blinding her with tears which froze against her cheeks. Just wait, she calmed herself. Her fingers were all pins and needles from the stinging hail and cutting winds. Hu Po's tight grip made it almost impossible to catch a breath.

Just wait.

Six: Everything is a weapon.

Rin had an instant of warning before she fell into the great black void. Her chakra tentacles whipped around Hu Po's legs and throat, wresting free of him a strangled squawk. She levered herself up his enormous body one fistful of feathers at a time, clutching the beast even tighter with her shadow arms as he banked steeply and gyrated to shake her free. He dropped along the Torre wall, dragging them both through sparks and smoke.

Screaming her hatred, the Sennin heaved the toilet overhead as they reached the terminus of Hu Po's drop. Lightning flared, drawn to the heavy iron fixture. Though her body seized in tetany, her shadow was unaffected and the giant hunk of metal smashed into Hu Po's skull even as Raijin's vengeance seized his heart in its fatal grasp. The pair crash landed at the base of the Torre Celeste in an incandescent blaze.

TWC: 2,568

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu watched as his explosive notes did about as much as could be expected. They didn't hit the bird, of course, with the combination of the wind up there and the bird moving, hitting him with those small projectiles was a tall order, but he didn't have to hit the bird. The explosions triggered on either side of the bird, causing it to halt its course to avoid the explosions. Subsequently, Tama's helmet randomly conked the bird in the head, followed by her torn sleeve which wrapped itself over the bird's eyes, blinding it for the moment. Meanwhile, the elevator had been rocked with explosive bolts that tore it apart. Tama's barrier effectively blocked numerous bolts, though some strays passed it and slammed in to the group.

Ayumu's newly acquired buster sword took a beating as well. The metal was not strong enough to stop the explosive bolts entirely, but it slowed them enough that his suit would stop them for sure. Regardless, his suit took a beating just like the rest of the group's, if slightly less. The firing had stopped briefly as the bird was blinded and moved a foot up to pull the cloth away. Moro's lightning came close, but didn't quite hit the bird. It hovered now, preparing to launch another assault on the elevator. Their suits were already badly damaged, they wouldn't survive this. Ayumu shot to his feet and took a few steps, preparing to run towards the bird and launch himself at it, but out of nowhere it cried out and fired with terrible accuracy which completely missed the elevator.

Masao's voice echoed in the small elevator as the music changed, ordering the group to kill it while they had a chance. He fired on it with everything he had while Moro electrocuted the shit out of it. Ayumu looked at his blade which had seen better days. 'Ah, hell, I'll get a new one after this,' he thought, picking it back up, upside down, by the long hilt. He pulled his arm back, bringing the hilt just behind his head before throwing the enormous blade like a lance at the bird who could not see to dodge. Despite the holes, it was still sharp enough to lodge itself in the bird's body along with the lightning and bolts tearing it apart before the bird burst in to flames. Ayumu's blade fell in to the night to the ground below, hopefully not landing on anybody.

Masao began stripping like a prostitute and telling the rest of them to do the same. Ayumu took off his helmet, the visor cracked, and wiped his forehead briefly before quickly pulling off the armor piece by piece. The cool night air was refreshing to his body as the stifling suit was removed and tossed aside. He looked at the armor they all removed, torn to pieces. It had certainly served its purpose in keeping them all alive through that last harrowing experience. He was glad to be rid of it, though, to be honest. He wanted his speed back for this final encounter or the "final boss" as Masao called it. The music of the elevator had improved, but it was still frustratingly slow.

The elevator shifted as it came to a stop at the top of the building and a ding informed the group that they had reached their destination. Masao told them what they already knew... this was where the bad guy was, so this was where all the bad guy's henchmen would be. Or so they thought. Ayumu fell in to position at the back of the elevator with Tama, preparing to take up the rear. He was slightly miffed not to be in the front- the front was where he thrived as a purely melee fighter and as an adrenaline junkie, but there was no time to be concerned about that. The doors opened and the group exited the elevator in to something very strange. Where were they again? Not at the top of a building apparently. Looked more like a forest. Ayumu ignored that change of scenery as best he could and scanned the area for threats, but nobody was there. As the group was about to split up, a familiar screech pierced his ears.

"Not another one!" was what he was going to say, but there was no time. He dove as the bird's attack hit, launching him off in some random direction not unlike when he had been thrown of the train recently. He flew through the ear spinning head over heels over and over until he hit the ground, rolling several times until he came to a sudden painful stop against something which he also struck his head against. Everything went dark. Moments later, he shook his head as he began to reenter consciousness. His head was killing him, particularly the front from which his blood was flowing down his face. Groaning in pain he rolled over on to his back and wiped the blood from his face, taking off his glasses briefly to get it away from his eyes.

"Shit..." he said as he reached down to feel his shirt which was burnt by explosion and ruined. He ripped off his sleeve and quickly wrapped it around his forehead to keep the blood from getting back in his eyes and stood up. He was a bit dizzy, but straight ahead he could see the door. He shook his head again and then proceeded towards the door with all the haste he could muster. Where was everyone else? He passed through the door just in time to see the glider spinning out of control back towards the building. It crashed in to the top of the building in a fiery explosion. Ayumu raised an arm to shield his eyes before running towards the scene of the crash.

In the distance, through the smoke, he could see two figures. He passed through a veil of smoke and discovered Makoro's foot pressing against Masao's wrist. 'Shit!' he said, stepping it up in to overdrive drawing his swords as he dashed towards them. He applied a speed boosting jutsu as Makoro kicked Masao and picked up the bolter. Jumping will everything he had, he sailed through the air in the direction of Makoro and Masao, both blades extended in front of him as he slashed downward, one blade aiming for the bolter itself and one for Makoro's arm. One or the other had to go. "Dropping in~" he chimed in as he landed. He planted his feet firmly on the ground and swung both swords horizontally towards Makoro, one high, one low. He went after Makoro with a series of slashes, one after another coming from every direction he could manage. With one last attempt, he thrust both swords forward trying to run the man through. "Do me a favor and stand still, save us all some trouble!"

OoC: Word Count: 1156 - Total Word Count: 3446

Hoshiko Gin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Freakishly large avian creatures were harder to maintain Genjutsu on then she had initially thought. Her wind jutsu had been essentially useless in Moro's tempest, making the effort more costly then she would have wished. Time passed slowly, as she invaded the red monster's mind in a battle of wills so intense, she couldn't even appreciate the change of tunes; leaving the rest up to her teammates, who quickly disarmed the feathered beast in a spectacle of lights, megavolts, and metal.

To her surprise, she had been mostly unscathed, meaning her time would soon come; looking at the others, they had faired worse. She turned to look at Moro last, taking her helmet off to let it fall limply at her side; he had a nasty wound, and she felt partially to blame. "This is why.. You should choose your timing better Tagiushi Moro.." Mumbled Gin disapprovingly, but concerned all the same. She tore a piece of fabric from her sleeve, with her teeth, making a savage jerk and holding it between her teeth; placing her palm across the wound to add pressure, and wrapping it hastily with a tie at the end. "I'm no medic... But I owe you that much.."

Wordlessly, she turned her back to him.They still had just enough time to take off the armor that had indeed served its purpose, but was now more a hinderance then anything else. By the time they had reached the top, all the remains of the armor had been quickly disposed of, and Gin took place beside Moro; as they walked out, she blinked as she hit a low-lying tree branch. How odd to have so many trees on the top of a tower; not even Raikage-Dono was this architecturally incline, though he was quite the scholar. "Impossible..." She scoffed, tapping the ground suspiciously once before continuing forward. It all sounded so real, looked so real; it was all so tangible. This was Genjutsu far beyond her caliber.

They were not met with resistance, which in this case brought her a sense of absolute dread. Kushin, Shin, and Shinirai were nowhere to be seen; and most importantly... "Makoro..." A name she now knew all to well and she intended to put a face to. Gin looked up to see a flash of white pass over them, it's shriek more deafening then the last warhawk. Bird. What a disgusting and disease-ridden animal. Before any of them had any time to scramble out of the way, multiple missiles shot towards them and hit nearby. It was unbelievable how realistic this Genjutsu was... The environment around them was affected in such precise accordance with what would really happen, it truly fascinated her and even made her question if these were truly illusions.

The impact sent her rolling as the ground erupted underneath them, only to stop with a rough impact into some ill placed object. 'That broke a few ribs..' Her hand red with Moro's blood, clutched her side protectively as she lay still , in shock. "Urrr.." She stood again, and was alarmed to see that her teammates had vanished from her view. 'Find da boss..' Navigating through the area she could see just overhead Hu-po had met its match. Actually... Santaru Rin was one tough lady, far beyond that of even this Hu-po; they could move forward knowing they had aerial support.

She came across three figures now, one who she noted was Ayumu. Right now, it was best Makoro not know she was here. If she had any chance of affecting this man, who showed such polished Genjutsu skills, being undetected was key. As long as he was distracted by Ayumu and Masao, her chances were greater. Guilt overcame her. She couldn't just sit here in the shadows while the rest of her team took the brunt of the attacks.

But she couldn't think that, not now. As Makoro was occupied with Ayumu, she also targeted him In what she felt was the perfect combo. This man obviously felt he was invincible. Why not use that to her advantage? Going through a line of handseals, she put all her effort into this one attack, more effort then she had ever put in anything else. If she was successful, he would feel no pain at all. What some would call a blessing, was actually quite the disadvantage. Without the use of touch and feeling, it was impossible to tell how much damage you were truly under. She moved into sight, closing the gap between them in mere seconds.

WC: 761 TWC: 2402

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Good, the useless bastard wasn't gonna die. If he had then it'd only have made Kushin look bad, not only which but he was someone Kushin was looking forward to having influence on in the future. Gotta have a future for that to happen.

As he prepared for an attack his eyes fixed on one enemy in particular. He was the least shaken, and yet despite the lack of quaking in boots going on slung out insults and backed the squad away. Like Kushin cared about petty words from someone whose opinion meant less to him than Hayata Shin's nightmares. Speaking of which it seemed that suddenly they were in one. Though he was right about one thing. He'd have died if he'd stuck around. Kushin gave him a small smile, one which said all too much of the many different ways that he'd concidered killing the man with. One which told the man that death was likely the least of his worries, and yet would be the ultimate end no matter what else transpired before it.

Kushin looked about him as the room suddenly went black, a light which existed and yet seemed to come from no-where showed them the passage options and suddenly Kushin was aware he was in a genjutsu. Being aware of it was one thing, but breaking out of a genjutsu which was either created by Shin or his uncle was another altogether. As strong as he knew he was, he was no master of the mind, not like them.

Shit. Simple, but it said everything.

He stood up straight and looked to Shiranai.

I have no fucking clue where to go from here and can't help our fool of a lord. A tide of anger rose up in his chest, rage filled his mind and frustration blinded him for a moment. Yet it passed in an instant, and once more Kushin was his calm relaxed self.

He looked to Shiranai again. We need to get you somewhere safe. He performed a set of hanseals and two orbs of green light appeared before taking the shape of Kushin. Both helped Shiranai to his feet and one slung his arm over his head. The other began performing seals and administering medical jutsu, making sure that the boy didn't slip into some kind of coma once more. Chances were the lack of blood would have him dizzy as it was and moving him was a risk all in itself. Yet his wounds were healed, and he had Kushin's blood inside him, not enough, but some was better than nothing.

Lets see where we end up. He said as he looked at the passageways. Then seemed to choose at random and began moving in that direction. This was a genjutsu, chances were his senses were all skewed, up and down, left and right no longer mattered. Moving forwards in corridors meant that you were less likely to be attacked from behind. As long as he was in front people would die before harm came to Shiranai. Maybe if he was really lucky he'd bump into Makoro.

Secretly before him his hands performed seals as he administered healing jutsu on himself. If he were to combat someone he'd want to be at top strength. Especially if it were Makoro.

Tagiushi Moro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Moving Up, Part 2 (From "The Raid: Redemption")

The jutsu raked the warhawk's body in a flash, the creature screamed its death throes as it burst into flame and dipped out of view. The electrical energy surrounding his upper body sputtered and died. He kicked off and peeled away the remaining bits of cratered armor, visible heat waves rolling off of his body. His breathing slowed from hyperventilating to a more manageable, deep, full body panting. I have maybe one of those left in me. He leaned against a wall of the lift for support. Gin made her way over to him and staunched his bleeding with a piece of fabric. "Thanks, Gin. But you know better than anyone my timing has always sucked." He finished with a weak grin.

He glanced at the youngest in their group, "Panda head, you've got balls-proverbially speaking of course-i'll give you that. But on the off chance-don't underestimate Makoro. He could kill you or me in the blink of an eye." He straightened and checked his equipment. Peeling his bolter off of the back of his chestplate longingly. I'll have to see Ren about those clamps. If today was any indication, a pair of those installed on his standard ANBU curiass would be amazing. Everyone exchanged nervous glances other than the trainee, he just looked ready for more.

The lift reached the top floor and announced the SoD's presence with its customary ding, compartment lurching weirdly to one side at its apex. As the doors slid apart to presumably reveal their final arena, warm, humid air rolled into the lift accompanied by the chirps, clicks and clacks of a rainforest all too alive; a stark contrast to the bloodied corpses tangled in vines and brush. Moving to the group's right flank and checking corners in disbelief, a lush green canopy and thick undergrowth swallowed the squad immediately. Moro even noted whatever shards of glass that remained intact were covered with thick streaking droplets of moisture, condensed from the vegetation's respiration. "By Raiden's curly pubes what is goin-"

The world exploded into splintering wood and flame, several large concussions relieved him of his hearing as he ragdolled through exotic plants and between ancient lichen spotted ruins, flecks of ash dusted his hair gracefully as he tried to clear his lungs of the quickly encroaching smoke. Slowly regaining his feet, knees buckling and only vibrations to make sense of any sort of direction, he crashed through the maze in what his instincts assured, and what he could only hope, the direction the rest of the squad had flown. Every joint in his body screamed in protest as he ran, and blood trickled down his left arm in a steady stream, his wound from the elevator avulsed. He came to the edge of the genjutsu just as a glider wheeled around and nosedived straight onto the rooftop, ejaculating the Raikage, the Vice Commander, and what Moro could only assume was Makoro, stumbling drunkenly towards Masao, who slowly scraped himself across the ground towards a handbolter.

Waiting for the right moment, Moro hunkered down in the brush, concealing his presence as best he could. Masao gripped the bolter and jerked it upwards just as Makoro smashed his foot downwards onto the Vice Commander's wrist. Moro was sure he would've audibly heard the bones snap were he capable. The operative jerked forward instinctively, a hair's breadth from blowing his cover. Seeing Makoro now, and Shin on his knees was too much to comprehend. Tenebreous clouds gathered overhead without his will for the first time in nearly a decade, his irides now completely silvered over. Moro was just able to bring the storm in check before lightning would've lanced out. He knew he had to move now, or Masao was dead. Thankfully Ayumu broke out of the growth in a flash and sailed through the air straight at Makoro, swords drawn. Perfect, trainee. Sparing not another moment, Moro launched into seals as fast as he could form them.

Ayumu became a omnipresent cyclonic Shiva of whipping blades and serrated promise, doing everything humanly possibly to drive the only perfect Nuke in the village's history away from Masao, slashes coming from every conceivable angle.

Wreathed in smoke and shadow, twin forms erupted from the faux jungle, one pitch black, the other's right hand so resplendently ablaze that looking directly at him one would almost be forced to squint. Tagiushi Moro and Voidkitty rampaged ahead as one, the panther quickly gaining and overtaking the mere mortal. It flickered ahead, covering the distance to Makoro in a blink. It leapt directly at him with an otherworldly shriek, losing its familiar form midair and assuming a lashing, crackling ebony mass that would explode upon contact with the Nuke. In the same instant, while Makoro was distracted with Ayumu and the cat, Moro attempted to shadow dance behind Makoro, the high-pitched characteristic telltale squeaking of countless thrumming miniature condensed lightning bolts extended from the cusp of his palm, into a opaque coating, covering his entire hand in a blade of pure lightning. "Checkmate, bitch." He screamed through gritted teeth as he drove his hand towards Makoro's chest.

[twc: 3327]

Suzuki Setsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tama watched the gatling-bird plummet to the ground, disintegrating into wisps of chakra. Shinobi can make things like that? she thought to herself incredulously as she sank to her knees from exhaustion. The adrenaline from the near death experience with the bird was leaving. It was over. Discarding the mangled and torn armor with a relieved sigh, Tama was thankful to still be alive. Everyone else in the team seemed to be patching themselves up quite nicely, so she did the same tending to her wounds as best she could. The elevator pinged, signaling that they had reached the top floor of the Torre. Tama stood up and brushed herself off, preparing for another wave of goons, only to be taken thoroughly off-guard by the sudden change in scenery.

“Wow!” she breathed incredulously, “Is all of this real?” But before anyone could answer her naïve question, a large, beautiful, white bird announced its presence by sending exploding feathers towards the group. Tama was caught off-guard by the mesmerizing genjutsu and was not able to deflect the missiles before they came near the group. The force from the explosions and the half-finshed wind jutsu sent Tama flying away from the group and soaring into the sky. Tama was afraid that she was done for, and her last moments would be tumbling to the ground, to her death. Then with a thud she collided with the ceiling. Wha--? she stared confusedly at the blue around her, she blinked a few times and the images before her eyes flickered, but she had little time to consider this fact as she was soon falling again. She crashed through the canopies below her and landed with a second sickening smack upon the ground beneath her.

She took a few minutes to get up and take stock of her situation. Her body hurt and ached all over, but she could move still. She had lost her headset in the chaos, so she had no idea what the current status of the team was, all she had to go on were the last orders she had received. She began to navigate the maze of conjured greenery, intent on finding a means to access the rooftop. As she wandered she hid from the sounds of others scampering about the woods, she was in no shape to meet a group of enemies. She heard someone from up ahead, coming towards her so she hid herself behind one of the larger trees to wait for them to pass. She desperately wanted not to be noticed, for she had no idea if it was more of Makoro’s fleeing henchman, whom she didn’t doubt would pause for a second to finish off the bruised and battered kunoichi in order to secure their escape, or one of her own team. As the sounds came nearer she was able to pick up some of the words the person was saying.

“Let’s see where we end up,” the voice said. It sounded familiar to Tama, but she was afraid that if she dared to poke her head out to see who it was, she would be spotted and attacked. But the voice sounded like Creepy-sennin, and he wouldn’t attack her would he? She decided to dare and sneak a quick peek around the trunk. She saw two people coming forward, and one was Creepy-sennin! The other she didn’t recognize at first considering his emaciated and injured state, but she eventually recognized Shiranai too. She ran towards the pair, feeling relief flooding her veins.

“Fancy meeting you guys here,” she said cheerily before collapsing in front of the Medical Sennin and Crown Prince, exhausted and battered from her travails.

WC: 614
TWC: 2215

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back