Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Lightning Country Saga: Act 2, Scene 5[A]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Roof of the Torre Celeste
Kumogakure, Kaminari no Kuni
...2330 hours

Makoro_Avatar2.jpg

rogue_ninbanner_zpsad9d83c5.gif
“Goodbye, Vice Commander Takaki…”

It can’t be helped. Now I can see Dyu and Kyoto again, Masao thought, closing his eyes as Makoro’s trigger finger tensed to send him to oblivion...
AyumuAv_zpse8ffb1f6.jpg

cloud_anbutraining_zpscd65b9db.gif
"Dropping in!" suddenly chimed a rather…feminine male voice out of the blue, along with the swooshing of twin blades. Masao’s eyes darted open just in time to see the trainee’s midair attack.

Deftly, the missing Hayata shifted out of the way of the first blade, which sliced the air next to Masao’s head, and with a shower of sparks intercepted the other – with the palm of his hand! Before Ayumu could react in surprise or even touch the ground, Makoro wheeled his bolter around and fired twice at point-blank range. The boy was flung immediately flung back by twin bolter-shots that crashed into the light cuirass on his chest. Fortunately, the rounds had not penetrated the armor, but they still hit with enough force to break ribs, making breathing extra painful for the trainee.

Makoro glowered and dropped a piece of metal from the hand that had intercepted what should have been a killing sword-blow. A nearly-bisected Kumo forehead protector clanked against the stone, answering the question of how he had avoided losing an arm. Although pooh-poohed by fashion-conscious genin, the things were clearly built to withstand some tremendous impacts, hence the reason they were even issued at all.

More bolter-cracks issued forth as Makoro continued to fire at Ayumu without missing a beat, stylishly twirling the weapon around his finger in a fashion reminiscent of the unique armed cowherds who patrolled Rain Country’s heartland. The trainee attempted to parry, but the relentless rain of shots overwhelmed his defenses, and a bolt passed through his armor, entering his shoulder.

Masao wasted no time, immediately rolling backward and getting into a low battle stance. Twin blackened meta-blades of chakra snapped forth from below his wrists, and he leapt at the missing from behind, intending to drive one or both of the blades into the man’s lower back. One would sever the aorta, the other the spinal cord, robbing him of legs and life.

Surprisingly, the blades both hit their mark with a gush of crimson, and Makoro fell to the ground, convulsing… only to vanish and appear from the side with a brutal leg-sweep attack. Clone! thought the Vice Commander as he backflipped and avoided having his knees shattered by the impact. That’s right, the Hayata Family is a clan of master genjutsu users! We’re going to have to strip his advantage if we’re to stand a chance against him! Masao whirled in fury, pressing the attack with his twin wristblades. Makoro was clearly no slouch in combat – every strike was parried with the man’s forearm protectors or simply dodged, and responded to in kind with close-range bolter fire that Masao could only barely dodge.

You wanker, that was all simply to occupy your hands while my reinforcements got here, thought Masao as he rolled away into a tiger stance. The missing smirked and leveled his bolter, intending to take the Vice Commander’s head off at midrange, only to suddenly have his shot thrown off by a sudden mass of ethereal fur and claws that jumped onto his back with the fury of a thousand angry bobcats and began to wildly rend flesh with its claws. That was right – the creature Moro summoned existed both in the real world as well as the Fade, and would be able to tell the difference between a real and a clone target.

A gout of crimson erupted from Makoro’s neck as the cat sank its needle teeth into his vessels. Although weakened, the missing still reached across with his left hand and grasped the creature by its scruff, ripping it away from his back. He savagely flung it in the air and shot it twice, turning it into a mass of mangled black tendrils and ichor that fell to the ground below.

A titanic flash of lightning seared across everyone’s retinae, briefly illuminating the horrific scene of Rin riding a furious Hu-Po, iron toilet dragged along with her tentacles like some sort of wildly inappropriate trailer hitch. The sight of Rin’s particular brand of plumbing-based justice made both his head hurt and his heart swell. That’s mai waifu! he grinned for a moment, before getting back to the fight.

It was back to Ayumu and Masao now, as each man charged at Makoro with renewed vigor. Both Vice Commander and Trainee swung, parried, and thrust in perfect sequencing with each other, and it was not long until they started to land hits. A chakra blade sank into Makoro’s shoulder with a squishing noise, and one of Ayumu’s blades opened a gash in his leg, spilling blood on the stones. As Masao narrowly avoided a punch to his throat, he realized that the enemy was neglecting to heal himself or even defend himself properly to do so. It was as if he had stopped feeling pain or even sensation, and as a result he was getting clumsier, weaker with his attacks and parried. But why?

Out of the corner of his eye, Masao spied Gin in the distance, concentrating hard while she knelt in concealment. Ah, so that was the reason. Clever girl, he thought, smiling to himself. To make the enemy incognizant of his own injuries was a devious plan in that Makoro would easily be on the lookout for genjutsu that inflicted pain or attempted to cloud his senses – he would not think to watch out for jutsu that on the surface “helped.”
Moro_Av1_zpscf56761f.jpg

DcWNmIC.png
“Checkmate, bitch,” suddenly sounded from behind Makoro, who in his wounded and numbed state only began to turn to intercept the threat. But it was too late for the missing nin as a sizzling blade of pure lightning erupted from his chest like an infernal spike of pure hatred. As the missing roared in anger and shock, Masao responded with his own shout, shooting both his hands forward and sinking both hidden blades into the man’s ribcage at once. Simultaneously, Ayumu’s twin blades also pierced his chest from the opposite side, effectively impaling the man five times over. At the same time, Gin’s jutsu terminated, allowing him to feel the full impact of all of his wounds at once.

Makoro’s eyes rolled back into his head as he vomited black and crimson over himself, and his grip on the bolter he carried loosened, causing the weapon to clatter to the stained stones below. Simultaneously, Masao, Ayumu, and Moro withdrew their blades and Makoro’s blood spattered across their faces and bodies. The stricken missing now fell to his knees, barely supporting himself with his hands. Lifeblood pooled around him, seeping into the cracks in the stones. No matter how skilled of a healer he might have been, these were lethal injuries – he was finished.

As Ayumu raised his blades to deliver a decapitating blow, Masao held up a hand and shook his head.

“Halt. He’s Hayata-sama’s only family. The Raikage will be the one to deliver final justice,” said Masao grimly, before walking over to Shin and kneeling.

“Shin…let’s get you out of these undignified restraints,” he said, standing and driving one of his wristblades into the chakra-sealed lock that held Shin’s manacles together. The lock split, and the manacles dissolved. As they walked over to Makoro’s kneeling form, Masao held out a hand to Ayumu. “Trainee, lend the Raikage one of your blades. Hayata-sama, when you’re ready,” he said, backing away.

Makoro laughed, a coarse, painful bark. He wheezed as he drew shallow breaths, looking up at Shin.

“He’s right…nephew… I admit…defeat… Make it…quick…”

Meanwhile…​
<i>
</i>
Shiranai-1.jpg

1AxJA.png
“Thank you, sensei. I feel much better now. I’m sorry I made you worry about me. I’ll never, ever, be that weak again,” said Shiranai, placing a hand on Kushin’s shoulder with renewed resolve. “I’ve learned a lot over the past few months. The country is suffering. It needs a strong leader, and I owe it to everyone who’s helped me, and everyone who’s died for me,” he said, thinking of Tama and Senna with a grim expression on his face.
TamaAvatar_zps52fbd20c.jpg

cloud_chuunin.gif
“Fancy meeting you guys here,” suddenly piped Tama, as the little girl ran toward Shiranai and Kushin. The future Shogun gasped, and scooped Tama into a bear-hug of an embrace whose strength surprised even him. Realizing that he was probably crushing her and/or undoing some of Kushin’s healing work, he quickly set her down.

“Mochizuki! You’re alive! Thank Raiden!” he exclaimed. “Did…did Senna make it?” he asked with some trepidation.

Hearing Tama’s answer, he wiped his brow in relief.

“Then I’m doubly grateful,” he said, smiling gently before turning to Kushin with new resolve. “Sensei. I’m sorry, but I’m going to have to also tender you my resignation from the medical branch of Kumogakure. Tradition states that the Shogun of Kaminari no Kuni cannot have an official superior, although I always will heed you as my sensei. Also, I need to ask both of you shinobi for a quick mission. My government is in imminent danger of being stolen by a particular asshole of a Daimyo and my chancellor is probably in major trouble due to my absence. Can I ask you to bring me to Raiden’s Eye posthaste?”

Concurrently...​
<i>
</i>

"Don't fuckin' touch me! I'll cut her goddamned tit off! I'll fuckin' do it!" screamed one of Makoro's henchmen, his face bloody and burned, as he slowly backstepped from a crowd of angry, well-armed Cloud shinobi and civilians brandishing bolters and swords. One of the man's arms was wrapped tightly around a terrified civilian girl's neck, and his other hand held a serrated dagger, the tip of which was held tight against the girl's chest. To his back, a giant, smoldering crater that smoked furiously, and was surprisingly lined with charred feathers.

"That's more like it, bitches! Now you fucks are going to get me and missy here a goddamned horse, plus I want a million yen in cash, and..."

The henchman's babbled demands were suddenly cut short with a wet-sounding *clunk* as a blackened, partially melted, and still red-hot-in-places toilet arced into the sky from the bottom of the crater and smashed into his head, crushing his skull and brains to a gooey red paste and popping his eyeballs out of their sockets. The hostage screamed as she was splattered by ichor, and ran mindlessly into the crowd, where her family quickly took hold of her.

In the center of the crater, an arm shot up from the rubble, followed by the rest of a woman's body, also blackened and smoking, but also throwing off arcs of electricity which seared the nearby ground. The woman coughed and wiped a layer of soot from her face, before picking up one of the more undamaged feathers nearby and placing it neatly in her hair. The crowd gathered around the rim of the crater collectively gasped as they realized who the woman was.

And for the first time in days, Santaru Rin allowed herself to smile.
Alright! The fight is OVER! Hayata Makoro is at 0 HP and Kumo has emerged victorious. You are all free to make your leaving posts for the mission and I will request payment for you all when you have done so.
Shin, if you would be so kind as to make the first post, however, and decide what to do with Makoro, things would flow a lot smoother.
Kushin and Tama are free to leave on their own and do not have to wait for Shin or any of the rest of us.

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rin sneered at the pulpy-headed corpse and peeled away a snatch of melted fabric. "Status--Shiranai, Hayata, Isaki?" she radioed Masao. At least it seemed there was something there at the other end. If he were dead, well, the whole world would turn to dust. It didn't bear contemplating. One went to battle prepared for death or one simply did not return. Thinking of the living as naught but memorial stones would end in the same result.

Once she heard either way, she would move on to the hospital. The way she felt, the entire Torre crumbling atop her could hardly have wrought worse wounds.

[Topic Exit]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin's vision was blurred like the view of a window splattered by the morning rain. His glasses must have slipped off his face when he and Makoro landed on the ground. His hands were still bound and he could only do so much but to use his legs as a means to position himself before rising up. However, when he raised his head he could feel a sudden headache that vibrating within his mind like a ringing gong. He looked at the ground for a moment and noticed distinct viscous marks on the ground. The color was not distinguishable but it was dark enough to be blood. The most likely cause was his prolong use of Hatsugen Histori, without the use of his notebook he was exerting to much chakra in his eyes. If he continue the damage could be irreparable. He raised his head toward his right and could hear the sound of inescapable action and the bruit of several clashing weapons. The battle was coming near an end and the village had won, yet despair still consumed him. A dark figure drew near him like a whipping wave reached out toward him.

“Shin…let’s get you out of these undignified restraints,” he said, standing and driving one of his wristblades into the chakra-sealed lock that held Shin’s manacles together. The lock split, and the manacles dissolved. As they walked over to Makoro’s kneeling form, Masao held out a hand to Ayumu. “Trainee, lend the Raikage one of your blades. Hayata-sama, when you’re ready,” he said, backing away.

Makoro laughed, a coarse, painful bark. He wheezed as he drew shallow breaths, looking up at Shin.

“He’s right…nephew… I admit…defeat… Make it…quick…”

Shin's austere eyes glared at his decrepit uncle. He was more like his uncle than he realized. If only his mother was here.

"No. This madness ends now. Justice must prevail but I can not bear to end you" Shin said rejecting the weapon. His brow lowered showing a sense of contempt and reluctance.

"Your emotions deceive you, father. That is why I was created." A familiar voice like Karubin's emerged from the depths of the air. He could hear the staccato footsteps clap toward Shin. The figure looked like a man covered in nothing but black, even his identify covered by an opaque hood. The aura of the past Sennin emanating from his body.

"You bring this creature to kill me, Shin. You should never have brought it to life." His uncle said chuckled grasping for breath.

"You will not be killed but your illogical quest for vengeance." The figure walked over to Makoro and reached out a leather gloved hand toward him. He lifted off the ground like a helpless babe. "In time you will learn that this entire ordeal was pointless." Makoro's body began to produce a strange chakra aura that cause his body to go lax. His physical body slowly began to fade away. A smile emerged on Makoro's face as finally disappeared. All that was left was his damage clothing.

"His consciousnesses will remain dormant until it is time to release him." The figure said as he turned toward Shin.

"You are aware that his nature can corrupt you. At least it is a possibility." Shin said. His voice returning back to his soft contentious demeanor.

"Perhaps that would be the case if he was not a Hayata. The chakra is not a foreign to me." The figure responded.

Shin tilted his head as if nodding but in reality he was loosing consciousnesses. The extraneous use of Hatsugen Histori took a toll on his body and he needed nodded his head but in reality he was loosing consciousness. The figure volantly caught him on his arms.

"Masao-san. I will deliver him to Aesculapium." The figure said his turned toward Masao before disappearing with Shin in a blinding flash of light.

[[Leaving Topic]]

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
They walked the black hallways, paths never tread, then found themselves... on the roof.

Kushin's eyes found everyone, Makoro was down and had been handed over to Shin's care.

Shiranai talked about stuff that Kushin couldn't give a damn about. Speaking nonsense like "I'll never be that weak again" and crap like that. Of course he was going to be that weak again. Kushin gave the boy a look and a nod, perhaps that would shut him up. He could only hope. In the end he was too busy cursing himself. He'd been wanting to guide the weakling to a safe place, instead he'd managed to direct them to the potentially worst location... thankfully that wasn't the case, but it could have been, and that was what hurt his pride.

A resignation came next, which Kushin assumed had already been placed when the boy had taken the role of Shogun, more apologies and explanaition. Kushin wondered how many nods he'd need to give to shut the boy up. Ugh, a mission... no... no, no, no, no no! NO! A mission, he couldn't refuse either, with Shiranai constantly blabbing in his ear. Perhaps there was a god. After all if there was then clearly he'd want to exact some form of punishment on Kushin for his historical acts.

Of course. Oh how he hated those words. He spoke with politeness and almost what some would describe as a friendliness but he just wanted to grab his throat and throttle himself.

Come on then Tama... he looked at the person he could only assume was Tama ... our job isn't over yet. Maybe someone would be stupid enough to attack them on their way to the capital. Oh please!! Please let someone be that stupid. Kushin felt his blood boiling. He needed an outlet, he needed someone to punch into oblivion.

[topic left with Tama and Shiranai. Will wait for you to start new topic Masao?]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Masao lowered himself to the bloody, wet stone and sat as he watched the Raikage perform what was essentially an execution by any other name. Absorbtion by a sentient chakra jellyfish into nothingness was a kill no matter how someone spun it. Even if Shin had not intended to do so, Makoro's consciousness, and likely his soul was forever lost...that's how Masao preferred to think of it, anyway. The pain, blood loss, and exhaustion of the last hour suddenly hit him like a smothering wave.

Digging shakily into a chest pocket, he reached for something he had been saving for the slim possibility that this might all work and that the team and the Raikage might just survive all of this: a Wind Country cigar - highly illegal, but desired the world over for its taste. The brown cylinder was slightly bent, but at least it was dry. Slowly, he flicked the wheel of his battered, brass wick lighter until a flame sputtered into existence, and took a long, slow drag as he watched the remains of Makoro's clothing and armor float to the ground. The only thing better would be if Moro and Gin were to finally resolve their differences and just kiss already. After all, according to Shakespeare, tales of war and travail needed to end with a wedding. Or at least, the dysfunctional shinobi equivalent.

Kumo Victoria...

[TL - good job everyone!]

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu could barely feel the bolt embedded in his shoulder. He was fuming with anger which engulfed him instead. This guy had wounded him, tried to kill Masao, tried to kill them all, and nearly succeeded. Ayumu didn't know when his exhilaration had turned in to seething rage, but he wanted nothing more than to cut this man to pieces. He was finished now, on his knees. Ayumu raised his blades preparing to make a scissor cut which would relieve Makoro of his head. Then, Masao's order to stop came. 'Halt?! WHY?' Ayumu thought even as Masao explained why. His hands clenched tightly around the hilts of his blades, his teeth were gritted and his eyes glaring with bloodlust at Makoro. He didn't lower his blades, but he had stopped as ordered- it was all he could do. The reasonable side of his brain was trying to talk down the part of him that was enraged.

'Stop... I don't need to do this. Everyone's fine, they're alive. It's over,' he told himself as his took a few deep breathes, calming himself. He looked around at his colleagues who had become his friends, all alive and well. His grip on the blades loosened slightly, though he didn't lower his swords. Just in case Makoro tried something, he would be ready still. He took one more deep breath, then relaxed. Masao told him to lend a blade to the Raikage, so Ayumu quickly spun one around and held it carefully by the blade, offering the hilt. His other blade remained primed to finish Makoro if he made a move. Surprisingly, the Raikage declined to take the blade. Ayumu shrugged and spun it back around before sheathing it, the other still in place a few inches from Makoro's neck. He finally backed away as Shin approached Makoro to deal with him in his own way. Apparently, he had chosen to spare him.

'Why? After all he's done...' Ayumu thought. He looked up as a black clad figure approached, speaking to Makoro and Shin. Ayumu had no idea who this was, but it became clear that they truly intended to spare him. Ayumu shook his head in disbelief and sheathed his remaining sword. He watched as Makoro disappeared before them, and he would have assumed the man killed by this if they hadn't just stated their intentions to spare him. Both the figure and the Raikage left now, presumably to take Makoro, wherever he was being kept at the moment, to prison- or perhaps a hospital first if they wished him to live. Ayumu shrugged, watching them leave. Despite Makoro living, their mission had been a success.

"Whatever... let's go drink to our success! First round's on me!" Ayumu said, pointing out over the city below. At this point he had more or less forgotten his head injury and the bolt protruding from his shoulder. Without waiting for confirmation from anybody he jogged off to the elevator, assuming it still worked even if it might not be entirely safe. Maybe he could convince the Aesculapium to send a Med-nin to the bar for him.

[Topic Left]

Hoshiko Gin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Gin walked up to stand in the circle of shinobi waiting expectantly for Shin's next move. "You're mind's as ugly as you are..." She spat at the ground beside Makoro before the Raikage came over, holding her head with a throbbing headache; that had taken much more out of her then originally expected. At the announcement of Shin's course of action, Gin felt satisfied. Makoro would never be any threat to the village or the Raikage anymore, so their job was done. She lulled over the possibilities as the two ANBU mempo were left behind everyone else, but decided it was wishful thinking. "Good Job Tagiushi." The woman stated, somewhat disappointed, before following behind Ayumu in her exit. 'I think I'll skip the drinks tonight.'

[Topic Left]

Tagiushi Moro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As one, they withdrew their blades from Makoro and as the villain tumbled to the ground, Moro's arm hung limply at his side, chidori winking out of existence, his eyes returning to their normal steely gray. Its...over. He backed away from Makoro as the Raikage closed in, a look of pure pity playing across his features. Moro could understand trying to empathize with your family, but not a monster like this.

Makoro dissipated, leaving only his clothes behind, and he nodded to everyone gathered wordlessly. Gin approached him, offering him a halfhearted congratulations. "You too operative Hoshiko. You did well." He mumbled in reply. For a brief moment, seeing her stirred something familiar and old. The feeling warmed him, and even threatened to wash away the image of Makoro hitting the ground playing over and over in his thoughts. But like his storms, it flickered and then vanished.

He left the scene as the emergency responders began arriving, knowing what awaited him granted Moro some small sense of comfort. A shower, a quick patch up, and then straight to Squint's, where he would drink until the blood and explosions finally faded away, alcohol offering him the simple but necessary mercy of a dreamless sleep.

[topic left]
[twc: ~3500]

Suzuki Setsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tama blushed as she was crushed in Shiranai's bear hug. Apparently, he still had some strength despite being cruelly treated at the hands of Makoro. "Shiranai, st-stop! You're crushing me!" Tama managed to sputter out. It wasn't that she didn't enjoy being hugged, or that she wasn't happy to see her friend alive, but being hugged in front of someone else was embarrassing. And Tama didn't like being embarrassed.

Shiranai quickly set the young girl down, not wishing to cause her further injury. Creepy-sennin, or Isaki-san, began to head towards what Tama could only hope was an exit to the fabricated forest. Eventually, he led the group to the roof of the Torre. The wind buffeted Tama's unruly hair back and forth as she surveyed the scene before her. The Raikage was there, as was Makoro. Tama unconsciously flinched at the sight of the man who had brought her so close to death nary a week earlier. Her hands clenched tightly at Shiranai's shirt as she hid behind him, not wanting to be seen, and also not recognizing that the man was incapacitated. The rest of the team was there as well, all safe and sound if a little bruised and battered for the experience.

It's over at last, Tama thought as she allowed herself to breath a sigh of relief, although her hand remained firmly attached to Shiranai's shirt.

"Come on then, Tama. Our job isn't over yet." Creepy-sennin said with a hint of some emotion in his voice as he turned to leave, Tama couldn't tell what exactly it was though. As Shiranai left with Creepy-sennin, Tama followed, glad to be alive.

[Topic left with Isaki and Shiranai]
WC: 274
TWC: 2489

OOC: Sorry it took me so long to exit this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back