Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The man in Black [Private Topic]

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Vespasian Colosseum..... His father told him stories how he fought exciting battles here numerous of times, to test his strength, to train his students, and test his pupils. Though none of the stories hold true to the beauty of the real deal, it is a truly remarkable piece of work.

Standing on top of step of the colosseum, letting the brisk cool air flow through his air, he was actually in the real colesseum, I wonder how battle he fought went about, or if he accidentally killed someone before... He was beginning to realize how little he knew about his own father.... How could he know so little? Or why has he never asked.... His father knew his own strength though... He wouldn't nearly kill someone in cold blood... Would he?

So many questions so little time, what to do when the clock strikes two? What will the world come too when its too to late to apologize, cause everything is blue for him and himself, and he ain't go nobody to listen... Echo.

He pulled his black sash over his face, and stared out into the fields of lightning.

[MFT - 191]

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Blue was the colour they thought they’d wear that day, a deep blue mind you that would go well with anyone, and with very comfy cloths. A pair of simple jeans and deep blue jackets with matching hoodies. They’d thought they give Cloud a chance or so and went around walking, eventually ending up at the Vespasian Coliseum which reminded them a bit of the arena back in Mist.

There seemed to be no battles going on there though, except for the one or two presumably Chuunin levelled Shinobi sparring with each other for training. Still, the air was cool and it was a good place to hang out, having grown tired of seeing the inn walls. So they sat behind a man with a black sash over his face, the two chatting comfortably. “We never did get to try out the arena in Mist did we? A shame really… you want to try this one out sister?” Akihiko grinned, drumming his fingers on to his knees and laughing as he saw one of the Chuunins slip up on an Earth technique.

Akane hummed, pulling her knees together and shrugging. “I wouldn’t mind but I don’t think the Kumo nin will like that very much. They might think we’re trying to attack one of their precious shinobi, really,” she said, running a hand through her hair and pushing down her hoodie in the process. Besides, she rather not show what she could do somewhere they could so easily watch them. If they were to spar, she would prefer to do it once they’ve left the village proper and not when they could be attacked by foreign shinobi when they were tired down by each other.

Shiruko Makoto

Head Lorekeeper
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Cloud was, for lack of a better word, boring.

Actually, that might have been partially Tatsuya's fault in regards to himself. He wasn't attempting his usual activities of trying to get into people's pants in case they did have to leave in a rush, plus he didn't exactly want to start an international incident. Usually this wasn't a problem at home because he had other things to do, but it was similarly inadvisable to start mucking around with weapons when one was on the run in a paranoid village, even if one could honestly claim to be from a clan of weapon makers.

So he was instead making sure his siblings didn't get into too much trouble. The Isakis he felt could handle themselves, but the twins he felt some further responsibility for.

Sure enough, they were coming up on an unknown nin, completely unawares it would seem. Well, probably not unawares with their powers--but certainly entirely uncaring. At least the man didn't seem to have spotted them, yet. Keep them out of trouble, or head it off?

It would probably be more successful to talk to the man than them, in fact.

The twins would probably notice him before the man did, though. He wasn't making any attempt to conceal himself from them, and they ought to recognize his presence easily enough.

So he stood upright from his spot leaning against the entrance and strolled in casually, waving to the twins as he approached the stationary man. Cloud nin, or not?

"Hi there," he said easily, making sure to give a long approach up the steps so he didn't startle. Which his siblings might already have done, but, well. "You from around these parts? Could use a guide if so, could buy you dinner if not."

Old habits died hard.

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As was his wont of late, Hoshikata was wandering the village of Kumo to better understand the people and culture here. His outfit today was a midnight blue set of robes with white trim and his black boots. The hood of his robes was pulled up to hide his face but not his view of the world around him. The only indication of who he was would be the musical tap-tap-tap of the staff he held against the ground underfoot as he made his way through the warren that was Kumogakure, a maze unfamiliar to him yet but slowly growing more and more intimate with each passing hour. Like a woman, Hoshikata was wooing the village slowly, with simple walks and cautious forays into her dark regions. He had time to waste on it for the moment, and he intended to use that time getting to know this lady that was Cloud.

So it was little shock that his explorations eventually brought him to the combat arena of the village, for what shinobi would never visit such a place when in unfamiliar lands? His intent on coming had been to watch the Cloud shinobi sparring and perhaps get a feel for combat methods that might be prevalent in their style from a common teacher somewhere, but instead of that he found his betrothed and both of her brothers, and an unfamiliar face which one of those brothers was flirting with. Always a flirt, though Hoshikata knew the truth of that facade and had little trouble putting it to good use when needed.

The Seer pauses, watching the scene below as his eyes drink in everything before him. A shinobi, ths one, judging from the way his spirit cackled with the power of chakra. The spirit also held a tinge of something familiar, a shade to it that was lacking in the other ninja he'd seen in this village. But all of his companions had that quality. Interesting. Lifting his staff to keep it from making more noise, he silently makes his way to the twins first, dropping down from a higher seat to sit beside them on the side of Akane.

”Usstan kyorl dosst dalninuk zhah a xund ultrinnan quin mzild lodias. “ He points with his staff to his best friend, chatting up a complete stranger by offering to buy them dinner. Just like him. It was refreshing to always know how his friend would act in public.

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
His solitude was broken by the a pair of twins, both dressed in blue, a deep blue if he remembered his colors correctly, and both appeared to be no older than eighteen to nineteen, they seemed to be enjoying the minor spectacle that is occurring in the base of the arena. He silently overheard them speak of the arena in mist, and how they never got the chance to use it, Seems these two are also from mist.... Interesting He turned towards the direction the twins were facing and watched the match a bit, he saw the chuunin fumble over a jutsu, and looked at it from an analytic point of view. If he waited half a second longer and pulled his arm back he would've had it...

Taking a breath, he stood up and was greeted by a man with red-brown hair, and with a left gold eye and a right grey eyes, Hm... don't see too many people with heterochromic eyes these days... He continued to inspect the man, broad shoulders, and quite a bit of height. He seemed like a nice enough person, but life has taught him that looks can be deceiving, and nothing is truly ever what it really appears to be, but who knows, not everyone is the same...

"Hi there..." he spoke to the man cautiously, not sure what he would do. He took a look at the twins that were behind him, They might be together.... He returned his attention to the man, "Me? From around here? No, I come Kiri, I recently just departed though, and I'm visiting the land of my father..." Then the offer of dinner appeared, could he really simply just take an offer for dinner to casually? He could, and he just might "Dinner though, I might take you on said offer.." Reaching the sash around his face, he pulled it down revealing the rest of his features. "Kouin is the name"

Than an odd man appeared, and spoke a weird tongue, which sounded like it came straight out of Dungeons and Dragons, like for reals.

[MFT - 349]

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed, even in times where they did not agree on meeting in one place, they would eventually find their way back to each other. One could suppose, it was because they were of kin. Or that was just how far their camaraderie went. There was the possibility of them stalking each other, but it was usually the twin’s job to do that to their elder brother. Or maybe it was just all a big, fat coincidence.

Whatever the case, it seemed the whole gang was here and had chosen to put their attention on one poor sap. Well, not initially, the twins were content in leaving the poor guy alone. But the moment Tatsuya started hitting on him and Hoshikata pointed it out, OF COURSE they were going to notice the guy.

The two leaned forward in their seats, perking up when the man said that he too was from Kirigakure. “Hey, don’t crowd around the guy, you two! That’s our job,” one of the twins joked easily as they both went up to their feet. “So you a tourist too, ei? That’s awesome. And from Kiri as well! Ain’t that a coincidence?”

He certainly looked a bit familiar, now that he said it. They probably didn’t meet him personally or interacted with him but he was one of the faces you see when walking around the village. The other twin put up a hand to his mouth and chuckling. “Now you’re crowding him, twin of mine. You should step away before he might feel like putting a kunai in your belly you know.”

Shiruko Makoto

Head Lorekeeper
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Now it was a circus. It was as if he and his companions were magnetized to each other. Really, that was almost the whole group.

Unlike his friend, Tatsuya had no way of telling Kouin was originally a Mist nin unless he mentioned it. He certainly wasn't inclined to disclose it in regards to himself--though of course his greyed-out infinity symbol chakra mark was clear in the same space it had always been, on lower jaw near his right ear. And he was a former Sennin, not that he expected everyone to know who he was.

...Of course, that lasted until Kouin said he was from Mist, because there was a decent chance he did know at least of his clan, and. Well. Maybe even him, maybe even his reputation.

"Ah, what a coincidence!" he exclaimed with a bright smile. "I'm from Mist as well! Shoukyou Tatsuya, at your service. What's your poison? There's a number of lovely restaurants in the district I'm staying in, and I assure you I have enough coin to treat a handsome gentleman like yourself."

He wasn't particularly concerned about whether Kouin was an active Mist nin or not. Their departure had been entirely legal, and Tatsuya didn't care if the other man's wasn't. Once, maybe, but certainly not for a long time.

He gave a sweeping bow and offered his hand. Never let it be said he didn't at least try to be polite, even--especially--when he was hitting on someone.

And yeah, he was pretending he didn't know the others.

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
A staff would move between Kouin and the three Shoukyou as Hoshikata would gently glide between them. ”Now now, give the boy some space. You three could make a socialite into a hermit doing that.” He turns around from them to face the young man, his eyes staring straight at the other's own. His first thought was about how they were the same build, same height and similar weights. But whereas Hoshikata had skin like polished gold, this man's own was rather mundane. Shock white hair would contrast the dark brown of the Kirigakurian's own mane, and hazel eyes were meeting golden orbs with hourglass pupils. The second Mizukage was not a man who looked like anyone else in this world, in truth he was not a man at this point any longer for he had transcended.

”A warm welcome. I am Isaki Hoshikata, second Mizukage and Patriarch of the Isaki clan. Pray tell, my friend, what brings you to Cloud? I doubt Masa would send an envoy this soon, and such a one would not be sightseeing but instead visiting with the leaders of the village. Which means you're here for pleasure most likely. But with the exodus of two clans and Yojimbo falling into a coma, plus the attacks of late, the village was on lockdown last I heard. So, either that has been lifted or....you shouldn't be here.”

He grins, his mind shifting through gears and puzzling out solutions to every little thing. Either this man was sent here for some reason, or he'd fled the village. If the former then there was little attention to pay. If the latter, then they might just have found an ally in their journey.

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Now he was beginning to get crowded, the twins were beside him, while the man who introduced himself as Tatsuya was on the other side, the three were practically on top of him, and not in the good way. Though he was still maintaining complete composure, something as trifle as a few people weren't going to stir his cool that easily, especially people from his old village, but would it be safe to let them know that? Only time could tell he supposed.

Shoukyou Tatsuya... I know that name... Kouin gazed intensely at Tatsuya, studying his eyes, I know that name... Isn't the Shoukyou Clan one of the richest in Mist? And one of the oldest? If his history was right, they were one of the clans that founded the country that is now called Kirigakure. Tatsuya's social ranking in mist though was unimportant to him, rank is just another form of bullying, honesty earns true respect. I'm always interested in a fine italian meal, but if you can cook, that's all the better. He gave Tatsuya a smooth wink, as the older looking man made his way up, and pushed the three away from him, relieving some of the tension.

The man called him 'boy', which might have been an air of offense if it wasn't considering his age must've far exceeded his, but he proceeded to introduce himself as Isaki Hoshikata.. Two ancient clans in one spot? Odd... He listened as Hoshikata began to pick up on small details, such as him being here instead of with leaders of village, and blankly gazing out rather than sight-seeing, and he eventually came to the option that he shouldn't be here, which was right on the money, He's good...

He stared into Hoshikata's eyes, staring into the golden hourglasses of time, he could see his age and how he wasn't really human but slightly more, and that intrigued him.. Kouin would have the eyes that showed guilt, but knew justice, had fears though having true courage, knew power, but was afraid to use it, all could be read just from his eyes; because eyes are the window to the soul, and Kouin knew that.

Well met Hoshikata. His mind began to sputter, what tale should he weave for them, or should he even weave a tale, and just give them the truth? You're right, I'm not an envoy, nor will the village be sending one, nor would I know, but they may send something for me, pray tell what is a mystery to me. He gazed out to skyline, taking in its beauty, I came here really to see where my father came from, but also to secretly seek sanctuary... The village is still on lock down, so you are most certainly right, I belong neither here nor there, or anywhere now, I'm free of tyranny and ill-met justice, and false promises, the world is my home. And that is the truth... They say the truth will set you free, but is that the only thing it can free?

[mft - 509]

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The two rolled their eyes as one when their elder brother continued to ignore them and flirt with the Kouin fellow. Hoshikata went straight to the heart of the matter though, something the neither twin wasn’t even thinking about. Either the man was a diplomat or was, well, a rogue agent. Mist surely wouldn’t let go of their numbers so easily after two great clans had already left it.

Akane expected some sort of dislike to rise in her being for this man, one who would abandon his country in its great time of need. But she found nothing but indifference and apathy. They weren’t exactly loyal to the country themselves, putting family first before mother Kiri. And that was what’s important right now and what they kept close at hand: family. And what Kouin said was certainly… convincing. To have the world, not one village, as your home, where none but your own choices would weigh you down, it was the idealistic sort of freedom. If only it could be that simple though.

Shiruko Makoto

Head Lorekeeper
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Tatsuya gave Hoshikata a petulant look when he stepped in. It was fake, of course, but it was a very good petulant look, one he had a lot of practice with. A 'stop interfering with my fun' look.

Then again, he wasn't even sure if Kouin had realized he was flirting, or just thought he was being friendly. Oh well.

Straight out with it, then. Tatsuya smothered a sigh. He would have tried to winnow out the truth of those important matters himself over time, but evidently Hoshikata was feeling impatient. Or perhaps he preferred blackmail to seduction as a means of enlistment. Whichever. Honestly, it was a little trying sometimes. He was starting to feel near as useless as he had back in Mist.

"So brusque, so harsh," he murmured audibly.

Maybe he just felt like pressure would work better.

"Was," he said indifferently. "We left. I'm sure you heard. Primary weapon developers in Water Country and all, that can't have been fun for them. I expect the quality of Mist's weapons has dipped rather severely." That still worked for flirting, with most ninja anyway. "Oh, charmer. I can cook very well, but my hotel room regrettably lacks most of the proper facilities to do so. It'll have to be the restaurant..."

Score one for flirting. His grin got a little wider.

"Why, it sounds like you'd fit quite well into our band of wanderers, then, since we won't be settling for quite some time--and even then, somewhere far more freeing than a ninja village." He spread his hands in front of him. "Besides, traveling alone is weary, so I'm told. Wouldn't it be best to go with companions?"

He was pretty damn sure that was what his friend was driving at anyway, and Kouin seemed to be more at ease with him than any of the others.

He tilted his head at the twins slightly, the grey chakra mark visible. He hadn't been a Sennin for nothing, after all, and they had to remember that.

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshikata looks the other up and down in an appraising manner when he brings up being a rogue of Mist, then chuckles. A year ago he would have gutted this kid and strung him along the Silver Tower for all to see. But now, he steps aside as Tats gives a spiel on joining them, and finally nods his head. ”We would indeed welcome a fellow refugee from the confines of Kirigakure.”

His friend could read him so well, sometimes. And this man struck him as capable enough to carry his own weight without being a hindrance to the rest of them. Yes, more numbers were indeed better considering Temujin's disappearance upon entering the village. ”So, join us? I promise it'll be fun.”

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He listened has Tatsuya spoke how leading members of his clan, and the Isaki clan had an exodus from Mist, and became a simple group of wanderers, travelling the world. I suppose it would be was now I guess. He let out a small chuckle as Tatsuya went on about them being the finest weapon smiths in Kiri, Mist must be quite devastated that such an important, and debonair character is gone from their village, but one persons lost is another's gain, correct? He gave Tatsuya a slight smile, but then a frown, at the lack of appliances. That's disappointing, but anywhere you recommend would be fine with me.

Travelling alone... He never really gave it much thought about how he would be travelling; travelling with a group would be safer, and who knew what crazy antics they would go through? Maybe he should take them up on the offer; plus he already told them everything, I suppose I have no other choice but to trust them at this point...

Kouin looked over Hoshikata once more; he didn't seem to be the type to go gun ho with Taijutsu or Ninjutsu, but appeared to prefer the tampering of the mind, and disorienting the enemy, He could be the greatest ally, or the most dangerous enemy... He seemed Hoshikata also gave him to approval to join them, and he assumed the twins would go along with their judgement.

Reaching out his hand, he grasped Tatsuya's hand and nodded his head, Fun you say? Sounds like my ball game.. He looked at the four for a moment, I suppose I'll join you guys. And with that he had a group, more than what he had.

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Former Sennin he may be, as well as heir to their clan and elder brother, they could still never fully take the man seriously whenever he started flirting. Not even the slight show of showing his chakra mark could deter their eye rolling. As far as they were concerned, those marks had no holding anymore since they were not of the village. They were simply waiting for him to introduce himself as a genius, billionaire, playboy and philanthropist and, boy, wouldn’t that be the day?

It seemed they had gotten a new member to their little rag tag team though, not quite what the two were expecting but it was a welcome surprise. “Hm, hm, so you’re coming along then? Welcome to the club, Kouin!” one of the twins grinned, giving a mock salute although he wasn’t exactly mocking the man perse. “We’ll have all the fun, you’ll see!”

The other twin nodded in agreement before smiling: “But you’ll have to excuse us. Today is our off day from the others so the two of us will be leaving now. I’m sure our brother wouldn’t mind keeping you company.” They nodded to Tatsuya and to Hoshikata then before turning around and walking away, planning who knows what to who knows where.
  • OutOfCharacter | Topic Left

Shiruko Makoto

Head Lorekeeper
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"It remains to be seen whose gain I am...you could certainly be on the list though." Tatsuya gave Kouin a suggestive look. "Mm...there's a nice place near the hotel I've been waiting to have the right company to try. Fits your criteria, and a bottle of champagne to celebrate our new...partnership...couldn't hurt either."

He was certainly the picture of trustworthiness. Easy smile, spread hands, bright and seemingly guileless eyes. You could believe whatever he said to you, no?

Certainly he was somewhat less poisonous than the rest of the serpents.

His smile became secretive, more seductive, when Kouin took his hand. "Excellent. Welcome, then. I'll get you that dinner...and if you don't have a place to stay tonight, perhaps you can come back with me."

He ignored the twins' antics. He did count on them to take things seriously when utterly required, but as it turned out that time was not now. It probably wouldn't be for a while again, in fact. He had this one handled. It was rather...refreshing, to be able to do something on his own. He had never thought of himself as a loner, but constantly being herded in a group was starting to chafe.

"I certainly wouldn't mind," he murmured, eying Kouin speculatively. "Come, then. Let's find that restaurant..."

[Topic Left]

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It looks like he had a full team now, safe in number, right? He would follow Tatsuya out of the colosseum, and would part take in some fine cuisine, but would it go anywhere, he had yet to find out. It was most likely a party pitch, just get him to join, but hey he got a free meal out of it, so how bad could it be.

And with that he was gone, leaving the land of his father behind.

[topic left]

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As his friends all began leaving, Hoshikata would let a smile break his features and make his own way out into the city. A new friend was always a good thing, as was another member of his little group. Today had been a good day, all things considered. He knew it would only get better from here on out.

(Topic left)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back