Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private The meaning of Caduceus [Pvt. Nao]

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
His routine had changed drastically. Thanks to Nao being the Sennin, Suzaku had been given free reign for his research, The location being the basement underneath the Sazuki clan house was of little concern. His department was occupied by his Harvesters in his place. They were mostly occupied by routine surgeries and support missions, keeping Hitomi and him in the loop of what was happening through small notes at certain intervals throughout the day, rarely was there anything major happening, there was one time where the Kage had been replaced by another, he didn't really care much, all he cared about was right there within arms reach and a small note away. His Harvesters, Hitomi, and Nao.

In the morning he would wake, either kiss Nao awake, or be kissed awake by Nao. Eat breakfast, and go down into the basement. The first day was basically reading through everything he deemed worthwhile, and take notes, it was almost like being back under his tutelage of Kushin, except in this case there was no sensei to lean on, he had to build everything up himself from the ground up. Establish the common links between what he knew and what he was reading. He had no clear line to see to his goal yet, but he felt he was getting closer, like chasing a fish with your bare hands out in a river. He needed the right tool for the job.

His food and drinks would be delivered by Hitomi, although she wasn't always pleased about playing the support in this manner, she'd rather just relax and chill or do manual labor more intense than cooking, cleaning or bringing tea. She never once complained or showed her displeasement though, deep down she understood what was happening and why.

Sometimes he'd emerge and there would Nao be, and they'd spend a few hours together, and then he'd go back down. While he was working he would keep having this little inkling of a smile on the corner of his lips, like he had some kind of warm feeling that kept him going. A missile within him seeking it's target, it's eureka moment where it would explode with ideas and solutions to this disease that was keeping Nao slowly losing the battle against, those moments where they were together was everything to him. Sometimes Keiji would ask some important questions on certain pains or struggles Nao would be experiencing throughout the day, and he'd be listening intently trying to gauge if there would be anything that could further his research.

Within the basement he had hundreds of establishing ideas on what it could be, all written up on a grand whiteboard each was then crossed out as he kept listing the symptoms below that Nao was experiencing. At this point that whiteboard was covered with notes, big and small, words crossed out and only a handful of things with question marks on them.

One night, where only one or two question marks remained on the whiteboard he had sighed deeply. Knowing full well that to find the answer to those two questions many new questions would arise, his attention was set onto the whiteboard and he felt himself staring at it, letting the words on the board flow around within him, like a torrent of emotions.. He was tired, at this point, but he needed to continue, it was time to clear the board and find the answers to the last ones a tiny thread of theories might finally start being established.

It had been days, weeks? He wasn't sure. He regretfully didn't really keep a calendar down where he sat, the little window slits on the top of the walls clearly showed it was night time outside, he eyes gazed around, ending on a small book he hadn't noticed before. It was leather-bound with small text embossed into the binder, "Darling" he might have noticed it before, or he had felt Hitomi look upon it. Hiding it among the D-listings, she hadn't looked within. He got up, reached for it, and slowly pulled it out, turning it around in his hand, he saw the same text on embossed on the front, the craftmanship was beautiful, but it wasn't a professional, homemade he assumed.

Taking it with him he sat down by his work table and opened it up carefully, within he saw photos. Photos taken via chakra imprints like paintings of the real world, usually these wouldn't last longer than a few weeks, but something had been done to them to keep them colourful and vivid to the eye. On the pictures was that of a young child, white hair, and eyes of azure blue with hints of grey like his hair. He was laughing, crying, dancing, climbing trees, running, pictures of him hurt, like a scraped knee or a bruised arm. These were pictures taken from the mind of Nao's parents, like a family album but only of him. He could see how his parents saw him from their perspective. Then came the pictures from the hospital, the many visits, he could see Nao lying down with a confused gaze looking at the ceiling, the clear point of Nao understanding that he'd be going through that the rest of his life, there were pictures where it was clear that hope had left his soul, and instead was a bitter resentfulness to the lot he had been given, but there was also a determination set within those azure eyes.

Something like this, Keiji would have never owned, his last memory of his parents was their torched bodies tied to a chair while an angry mob outside was screaming as he was surrounded by flames within his childhood home, all of the belongings, lost to the torrent of flame, endlessly cursed, to this day as far he knows that childhood home was never rebuilt or replaced, before he left Kumogakure the place had been turned into a garden for the neighbor, that same neighbor was among those with pitchforks, torches, and a throat that could scream, at least to his mind the screams were eternal. Haunting those brief moments he thinks he might able to relax within his own mind.

For Keiji, as he was looking through these imprints he was getting a better understanding of Nao. While he had already settled himself on what he was doing and why, this felt like a re-awakening of these affirmations, that he was doing the right thing. Unfortunately, at this point, his energy was a low point already and as he was turning the pages and looking carefully the ones where a sleeping Nao was he felt himself slowly fade to sleeping, his eyes narrowing the more he struggled to stay awake the more his body kept waving forward and back, then down. His face falling slowly, resting on top of the open book of pictures with Nao on them the pictures on there were ones of him in his late teens, early adult.

Due to the angle of his head and body a slight blockage had formed and in this unfortunate circumstance a slight snore would be heard from him, nothing loud or ground-shaking but a quiet snore clearly perceived if one were to step into the room below the mansion.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Nao's days were always odd ones. There was never a day that would go perfectly flawless with him around. One moment he would be happy doing things in the kitchen, while after dinner it could be that a place dropped and his hands would be shaking. Days that he was fully normal seemed to be getting less as he was also taking less rest on the days he was doing nothing. He always felt bad when he let everyone else do all the work. Slowly the male would know his symptoms better and sort of keeping them in check before they would happen or know how to shift in the exact moment.

Yet the morning that Keiji gave him kisses; he could probably feel the temperature raise already. "morning..." The male said as he would rub his eyes a bit and just keep in his bed for a bit longer. His fever was already going down, and he felt a bit sore all over, but he did get out of bed. Sit at the kitchen table and just eat a light breakfast. Coffee with Yoghurt and some fruits inside. He wasn't really hungry today or the likes which were still very odd.

While other days he could easily go from being healthy to just bedridden in the night. There really seemed to be no in-between but the heavy nights were luckily never that severe as the night that Keiji had found him for the first time here.

The darling book that Keiji found, was something Nao had probably forgotten about it already. It would contain many things as his father had let it assemble once the mother had passed away. So the cover had a worn look a little, a page here or there was loose. The book itself was special; The first few pages were filled with documents about his adoption, a search poster for his real parents, and more. Then there was a diary of the first 10 days that they had found Nao. Behind that were a few first regular pictures before the chakra pictures came to life. Nao had, along with his father. Made memories as much as possible. There was even one memory as to where Nao would be at his mother's death bed, you could even faintly see a jutsu remnant of Mystical Hand around the hand he was holding. The next few pictures were of a wedding and Nao's writing alongside. How can the dead be truly dead when they still live in the souls of those who are left behind?

Nao came back from working and as he was walking down the stairs; he would find a light snoring sound coming from the place. He would smile soft as he went to the pantry, grabbing a blanket from there and walking inside the office room thing that he had made with Keiji now. His eyes darted from Keiji towards the book in front. "THats..." He whispered under his breath and would first get closer to Keiji before placing the blanket around him, trying to give a butterfly kiss on his forehead before grabbing the book. Flipping through the pages himself once more. He knew that they weren't around anymore. His father had moved out of the city to the outer reaches... they rarely had any contact anymore but he knew he was alive. Nao offered many times for his father to come back and live with him here. But his father always resulted in the fact that he had to go his own way. Nao always thought of him as a drifter.

If Keiji didn't wake up yet; Nao would sneak out again after placing the book back in the shelves and trying to find Hitomi to ask her to help to make dinner. If Keiji had woken up, he would have asked what Keiji wanted to eat before asking if he could borrow hitomi to make dinner.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
A light grumble escaping him as his eyes slowly opened and looked up at Nao looking through the pictures he had found. "Oh hm, hrm, yeah, sorry, I stumbled on that earlier." He looked at Nao's facial reactions as he looked through some of the content. Then clearing his throat he now saw a perfect opportunity.
"So, I was thinking about something.." He waited till he had Nao's attention from the book.
"Could you help me out with a certain part of the research? I've so far narrowed it all down, but I need to know some very particular things." He continued on asking questions related to diet while pulling a chair for Nao to sit on, then finding some gear he had readied, he held Nao's hand softly while asking about the different sensations, among the gear were many thin chakra needles, and as he continued asking and keeping Nao speaking, he began pricking Nao's finger tips with said needles, with every prick, Keiji sent a small pulse of his own chakra to sense the point of it's connection. Then pulling the needles out again, no pain, only a small prickling sensation, like Nao's hand was falling asleep, as if Nao had been holding the arm up for too long, then, pulling Nao's legs up on his lap he proceeded to take off his shoes and socks, taking the needles again he pricked his toes, going the same procedure as with his hands. Following the principles of acupuncture, something while Keiji isn't a master at, he knew the basics and had the method down to a tee.

Listing each of Nao's descriptions of the sensations at each pin prick, he explained that in the needle he was channeling his chakra to get a deeper sense of the inner workings of Nao's body. The descriptions that was given gave him clues to follow.

"I think I know what we need to do. It'll take a long time. But I believe we can alleviate the worst of it, and hopefully push you past it.." His theory was simple, finding the specific organs that was causing his internal issues and the damage that was happening, by applying a certain amount of chakra boosting these organs they would instead of working against Nao, they would function normally, or at the very least not cause further harm.

This was a common technique related to those of certain Bloodlines that were experiencing atrophy from over-usage of their abilities or seemed to struggle controlling them, as each bloodline's ability were associated with certain genetically chakra infused organs, by boosting these they were able to see great improvements in form and function. Narrowing down which organs were causing the harm in Nao was the tricky part. A new morning and night rituel would have to be started to start the alleviating of symptoms.

The reason, Keiji explained to Nao as they had moved upstairs to start cooking, that morning and night was the best time is because they were already basically naked at that point and skin contact was critical to the process. As he was saying these things, Hitomi had stepped in, but quickly turned around but was stopped at the door and was instead set to assist in the cooking. Finding it already awkward enough as it was.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"ah- please, you don't have to say sorry for that." He would comment as Keiji had explained as to why he had that book. A soft smile got to his face. "Sometimes... It feels so odd; knowing there is another version of me. I always wonder; did he have the same life? Or different..? I always wonder..." He would mutter and eventually hear Keiji again as he spoke about something that had him thinking. "Huh?" The gaze from Nao went from the book to Keiji's eyes and to tell the truth, he was rather curious at this moment. "Certain part.. Uhm, sure!" he would move with him.

"As to food... Like breakfast, I try to do always a Yoghurt with fresh fruits... sometimes with seeds... Although I never like that. As lunch... depending on what the kids often eat, I eat that too... Dinner, you know how dinners in the house go. At work... erm... Sometimes no dinner or just an in-between thing... Now that I think about that... I don't think I always finish my dinner at work..." He muttered and took hold of his elbow, sinking deeper in thoughts. That was when he finally sat down in a chair that he was back again. "Sorry, I get lost in thoughts sometimes." He would look towards Keiji and saw the needle...

Now as a sennin, you had seen lots of needles, needles were the main instrument in this job. But for some reason, Nao couldn't help but stare. He was always fine with them, but now they had to be used on him... They had to be used on him. That thought crossed a few times more and you could see how the color was draining from his skin. "Y-yea... F-fine..." His voice was light trembling and in his mind, an older memory popped up, one he had forgotten... At least that is what he had thought about, he did not forget how multiple needles went inside of him at one point during testing.

Taking a few breaths he would then let Keiji continue on with the needles, yet he didn't really look at al. He could feel how the needle entered and in his mind, the needle went far further than it actually would go. "Different organs huh. I can feel that.." he snapped a little, but that was mainly because in his mind he was nervous for this; but he did let it happen anyways, he knew that an investigation should happen and needed to happen. At one needle point... Nao felt himself worsen than before. "Not there please." He said and would shake his head. "I actually start to feel worse now." He would comment and it seemed as if they had one part of what and where. His immune system part yet at another place and Nao gave the impression he actually started to feel better.

All in all, it would be a very informative moment for Keiji as they went through every spot. Some made Nao a bit more relaxed. On the other a bit tenser. He knew that needles had to go various depths and the likes, but it was still an odd thing for Nao himself to be the patient for this.

Eventually, to take a moment to relax, the male took a cold towel for his head. There was more than one spot that made it worse for Nao. "So... more than one part is doing this to me huh.. I guess we just need to see how it goes..." He would slowly sit back up again, a bit dazed and gave Keiji a soft smile.

As they went back up the stairs, Nao didn't know Hitomi had heard it earlier.. so he was actually quite puzzled as to why she was behaving that way. "A- if you heard me down the stairs; sorry. I am actually afraid of needles being used on me..." He would pat the back of his head and chuckle a bit awkward on that. "Hitomi, question. What was life like for you in the past?" with this he hoped to make it a lot less awkward for the girl.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hitomi's reaction was due to the words "naked" were within the conversation topic, she hadn't heard any of the explicit detail. In her mind when such topics were discussed, she opted for being scarce for the sake of privacy. She only responded with a wide grin and a slight hissing laugh like she was trying her damndest in keeping back a proper hearty laugh. This stopped abruptly with her eyes going wide as Nao prompted the question on her past as she was about to take out potatoes from a sack to start peeling. In her clumsyness and the prompt of the question she had dropped one and it rolled to her feet. Leaning down to pick up she sighed a little heavily as the her aura had shifted from gleeful to serious. "It's a long story.." She uttered as she leaned back up, her mind wandered into her past and tried to find the right words as she just stared at the potatoe for a second or two. "My pack had left our home for hunt and practice as is our custom and we roamed the lands known to you as Lightning Country..." She paused for a brief moment as she squeezed hard on the potatoe, the crunch of it started when she continued "Blood Demons.."

Keiji who had been listened quietly was in the midst of slicing onions as he felt his own blood boil, feeling like his hair was rising, like he just heard a name he had intensely tried to forget and avoid ever confronting, like his worst enemy just rised up from his grave and stood in front of him, ready for another stab in the gullet, his grip to the kitchen tightened, accidentally, he chopped so fast Hitomi's last words were punctuated by the loud chop of his knife hitting the chopping board.

"They came, from their hidden portals, and kidnapped us.. Kept us in cages, they collared us with deeply rooted enchantments made us their personal pets, kept sus chained and threw us at their enemies to eat and devour humans.. The taste of human was unknown to us before that time... She paused again and as she sighed again, grabbed another potatoe, holding it firmly. "I dont' know how many I killed, or how long I was there, but suddenly in one of the many cages I had inhabited throughout my forced time with them, the roof suddenly caved in, and down he fell" She glanced over at Keiji as she walked up beside Nao and placed down both the broken and slighly squished potatoe and the unharmed one on the table next to Nao. "Down fell my savior. Keiji."

Her and Keiji glanced at each other and gave a smile as she turned back over to grab another set of potatoes. "He somehow removed the collar, and together we escaped. At the time.." She walked back and placed two more and walked back to collect more "I was the last one remaining, they had tiny pups due to forced breeding, and their intent with me was to make me their little breeding mare, if I am believe what I had heard whispered in their gutteral grime language."

Placing another pair on the table next to Nao "Thankfully.." She smiled up at Nao, her flaming orange hair almost glowing as she looked Nao in the eyes "Keiji here pulled me out of the situation, and I bound myself to him right then and there. He got himself a souvenir too. That being a pretty nifty Demon slaying sword. Dunno if he's showed you that one."

In response, if Nao were to look over at Keiji he'd see him scratch the back of his neck nervously. Admittedly one of the biggest reasons him and his little band of Shinobi doctors, nurses and deadly killers had even come to Leaf in the first place was to try and figure out a way to combat that menace of Blood Demons, maybe finding allies that hadn't delt with an invasion they thought had ended by destroying what they had thought were the last gate. He hasn't heard anything from the scouts except for all-clear signals within Kumo, so the question was whether those scouts were lying or the demons are just keeping to themselves for the moment is up in the air. Him and Hitomi had been out there in the mountainous wilderness for many years just hunting and slaughtering them where they gathered, clearing camps and finding their hideouts to burn them to crisps. It wasn't that he had forgotten those days, or those struggles. Lost his eyes once too, had them replaced with another Hyuuga's eyes he had met in his travels. Thankfully it had worked out. "Man.. he thought to himself.. "It's been a long time..

He was enjoying himself too much where he was now, not wanting to lose anything from it. He was thankful Hitomi didn't mention any of those things. It isn't important for what's happening now. Nao is the focus now, and he sensed Hitomi understood and approved of this sentiment.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back