Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The perfect swing [Open]

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
The sight would not have been one of shock or uniqueness, the young boy who could of been no more than eight or nine casually swinging a blade. Even more unassuming about it was that he was doing so within grounds permitted for use by the academy, meaning he was more than likely a student of the village. These assumptions would be true as Koto was indeed an academy student and would frequently spend free time practicing basic forms. It was always the same routine as he would only practice a single swing, that being a diagonal downward slash. Starting by raising his katana blade over his right shoulder, Koto would bring the blade arcing downwards. On and on this would go with each slash being accompanied by a step forwards after completion. He worked in a circle, pacing himself as to not completely wear himself down as there had been an added difficulty to his training. Although he was nothing but a mere boy the training he'd began to undergo would not discriminate on age. Tied around his wrists and ankles were weights, equal in size though completely limiting his normal movements. While the weights weren't extreme it had been heavy enough where even with his beginning knowledge on chakra, was giving him a hard time.

"193...", was what he muttered in a strained voice after bringing the blade down again. This time he missed his stopping point and the blade would dig into the sand. He'd breath more, releasing the tension of holding a posture and allowing his body to just fall onto the sand below. His exercise had been a hard one as even with all the factors stacked against him it had a practical purpose. "Stance, posture and speed....but sensei forgot to mention..", he'd speak between breaths while both eyes were closed and sweat dripped down his forehead. Opening his eyes, he'd stare at the sky while stretching his limbs out while laying down...

"That this would be so exhausting....and i'm supposed to be able to do one thousand cuts.....sheeeeeeeeesh", he pouted.

Chigokai Yasashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
Hokori was a bit groggy this morning. He wasn't really a morning person, but it didn't help that he had spent his night tinkering with one of his father's newest designs. In fact he had only gotten a few hours of sleep, but still here he was. What use is making great puppets if I can't pilot them properly. He recited in his head. He willed himself through forward onto the academy training grounds and found a corner to unpack his toy. He placed his backpack on the floor, and removed a diminutive human like puppet, no larger than a dune rabbit, from his backpack and placed it carefully on the ground. It look like nothing more than a toy, and that's because it was..before Hokori modified it. The puppet dubbed Mako-chan was extremely simple. It was given modified joints to allow for more precise movements, as well as a long retractable spike that extends when the puppet opened it's mouth. All in all not a very useful puppet, but it was sufficient for him to practice his control over the puppeteer jutsu. Chakra threads extended from each of his finger tips and attached to the Mako-chan's joints. Even with how simple the puppet was, it still took him all ten threads to control it properly, but for a new academy student who had only learned the technique recently it wasn't bad.

Hokori began running Mako-chan through it's paces. He began with simply moving the puppet around, and then began launch basic punches and kicks into the air. He had noticed another young person training with a sword when he entered the dojo. It wasn't anything special; there were quite a few other presumable students training even though it was a little early. At first he paid him no mind, but he did a double take when he noticed the weights the young man was donning. Insane he thought. Hokori didn't think of himself as the most physically adept, so it was quite impressive to see someone his age that seemed so strong. He saw the boy reclining on the ground after what must have been 200 hundred swings. Hokori considered going over to talk, but he wasn't the kind to approach others. He didn't want to cause trouble for others, but he was usually watching. I'm getting side tracked. He decided it was time to practice what he really came there for. He wanted to test the range and power of the retractable spike he implanted in Mako-chan. He figured that the training grounds of the academy was a better place to try it to it's full potential than his workshop. He had almost injured himself with it during the installation process. It was his first time working install a hidden and dangerous weapon on his puppet. He of course had never been in any combat, but the few academy teachers, and the books he'd checked out from the library, said that puppets were know for there hidden weapons and tricks.

He returned his attention to Mako-chan. "Alright it's now or never." He pulled down the Mako-chan's jaw and the spike shot out puppet's mouth and flew into the sand a few meters away. Anyone paying attention could heard the spike being shot and the puppet's jaw falling to the sand below. The students and teaches closest to him would turn to look at him. Hokori just turned away and pulled his hood down. Did it really have to fail so loudly??? He thought, his face turning a bright red. He had Mako-chan walk over and pick the spike up and do a quick bow as an apology. I guess it's back to the drawing board with this one.

Ryuu Rei

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
GJn5Ldn.jpg

Entering with NPC - Toraono Michino

The loud echoing clack of a heavy staff reverberated lightly off the giant corridors of the Toraono Dojo as a beast of a man casually hobbled through his birth home. The seven foot tall, pale dark skin, and silver hair that cascaded from his head like elegant water leaned most of his weight on an nine-foot long staff shaped like the root of a tree as he browsed through the Dojo.
Toraono Michino was a candidate for the next leader of the clan and had lately taken a step back from his duties as a shinobi to focus on politics and molding the strength of the next generation. Despite having only the remaining right leg after years of service the Toraono was anything but weak, even though some of his clan had seen his step back as a result of the last large battle. Michino had not seen the end of that fight, having been launched into the stratosphere by the death of a giant creature, and some had wagered that his survival of that event put a bit of fright into him when it came to fighting; a mistake only a few up-starters had made. The political field for the clan had never been more dangerous, and while the candidates were all strong men and women who got along with each other, their bases could be considered somewhat rabid. Especially those involving the branch of the Oushi-Ouja who viewed Michino as a weak man for his lack of limbs and for stepping back from his active duties. So much so that a few of the young boldly challenged Michino to a few duels; all of which were settled without bloodshed and in seconds. What he lacked in a leg, Michino made up for with an absurdly large blessing of demonic blood from his heritage, and it was usually more than enough to fight off the haters.
Today, though, had been peaceful. In fact, the whole of the week had been rather enjoyable without a single attack on his character or a duel. His lover was recovering from her surgery and was quoted by his brother to be back on her feet very soon. All and all, he had no complaints. The sound of his staff hitting the floor with his slow hops eventually came to a stop as he peer out into one of the many training grounds set up around the Dojo. There were a couple of children and two other teachers out there. Early morning classes, oh how he used to hate them. His purple irises fell upon a boy who was walking in circles while swinging a blade in practice. After a couple of minutes, as he had wondered by near the end of the kid’s stamina, the boy would fall into the sands and stare up into the sky while muttering about a thousand swings. It made his heart leap a little with a fond memory of when he had finally reached that first one-thousand swings himself. He wondered silently to himself if the youth was properly using his chakra coil as that had been the trick to achieving the goal so many years ago. Turning towards the open door, Michino half crouched on his one leg and vanished as the sand that had blown inside whipped up suddenly. Without a sound the giant landed on the golden grains near the kid and spoke out as his large form threw a shadow over the boy’s face,

You should be careful laying around out here if you’re tired. The sun is just as deadly as any other militant in our country,” the Toraono’s deep voice rang out suddenly. It caught most of the students and teachers off guard. Following his sudden appearance shortly thereafter was a puppet attack. The spike shot out landed near the sands where Michino was now crouched in and he looked over to the other student, digging into the sands with large fingers to retrieve the spike and casually held it up. There would be no words of discouragement when it came to puppeteers in Suna, only a proud smile. It was an impossible art to master and Michino had a lot of respect for anyone who took up the technique as he never had the ability to even make chakra strings.

Last edited:

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
Between the gasps of air he was understandably struggling to receive, there was a few moments where he could become aware of his surroundings. In hindsight his lack of awareness would be something that would have to be worked upon. He'd catch glimpses of the other students who had came to the early training sessions and though a part of him wanted to mind his own business, there had been something that made his eyebrow raise. One of the students was using a doll? Admittedly this was the first time he had actually seen someone use a puppet. It was strange to him being that he'd always assumed puppets were elaborate mechanisms. This one though was simple and throwing punches and kicks, something that screamed overly complicated.

"And here I thought using a blade would be hard....that kids doing someth---"

In any other situation a change of pants might have been required, but luckily for Koto he had enough bodily control not to completely embarrass himself. What had taken him by surprise was the sudden arrival of a man that was far from conventional. Koto's eye were slightly wide as he had managed to move rather quickly away from the sudden appearance. Which in of itself is a humorous feat considering just moments before he was complaining about the weights, but in the instance had moved without no problem. Chalking it up to adrenaline, Koto would catch his breath while feeling his skin become just a tad bit sweatier. Almost as quickly as feelings of confusion and maybe fear started to settle it had all been wiped away by the man's words.

"Huh...", he said out of instinct though his head swiveled equally to catch a glimpse of the sun above. Though he'd squint his eyes and divert his gaze just as fast to avoid the obvious discomfort staring at the sun would give. Initially he didn't really comprehend what was trying to be conveyed to him. It was his understanding that there was no way laying in the sun could remotely come close to the danger a properly trained shinobi could do. Even with his questioning nature it would be the authority presented upon the man's voice that would turn what was said into fact for Koto. He would simply have to relegate his own thoughts as being inferior and lacking the experience to know better.

Making his lack of awareness skills even more evident was the fact that he had been completely unable to notice the puppet's attack. His reaction time to it was unpolished and still raw, only turning his head after the sound of metal digging into the sand hit his attention. By then though the needle would have been within the man's grasp

"...When was that even shot!?", he said turning his head towards the puppeteer student.."I think this belongs to you". Was all he said, a thumb pointing over his shoulder at the large man holding the needle.

Chigokai Yasashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
Hokori hadn't notice the large man enter the grounds, but then again some of the teachers didn't seem to either. He was next to the collapsed swords wielding student holding the spike the Mako-chan...misplaced. Hokori manipulated Mako-chan to rest on his shoulder and detached the chakra threads. He was originally wary of going over to collect the spike, as the man was quite intimidating, but his gentle smile seem to hold no judgement or reproach. No only that, but the other student had already addressed him, so getting out of talking seemed to be impossible without making a scene.

He walked towards the peculiar pair attempting to be casual. "Thanks..." He said as he reached one hand out to retrieve the spike. The other hand rubbed the back of his head. Though one would think his face would betray some type of regret his expression and eyes remained the same as he spoke. The half mask covering his face also did nothing to make talking him any easier. The tone of his voice was monotone adding no extra context to his speech. "Hope it didn't frighten you too much. Mako-chan still has a few..kinks I'm working out." Now that he was in front of the man, he noticed that the large man was missing a leg. His eyes went wide for a second, but then they went narrow as if he had an idea. I wonder if this he's ever considered a prosthetic leg? I'm sure I could come up with something interesting! Maybe a needle cannon in the knee joint? no that'd be an awkward firing angle... Eventually, Hokori noticed he had just stopped talking and got in his own head for who knows how long. "Oh sorry, I'm Hokori, nice to meet you." He bowed, and then continued. "How should I address you two?" It'll be less awkward if I engage them in a conversation before I make my exit. He thought hoping he could salvage his disruption.

Ryuu Rei

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The swordsman in training moved with reflexes that surprised even Michino. Most people, no matter the level of skill, weren’t able to move like that after clearly exhaustive training. Even the Chuunin himself could only react so quickly if he was tired and sore, to watch the youth do so swelled his chest with pride; the next generation were going to be monsters. Which was saying a lot already considering how powerful his generation already was. Kaen, Kasen, Riyota, Teke, and Chiyo were powerful shinobi who had legends building, but from Ren’s genius at the wall to this kid’s reflexes, the future looked even brighter for Sunagakure.
His eyes turned to the shy kid who finally retrieved his spike from Michino’s outstretched hand. He watched when the child’s eyes moved from his hand to the missing leg after his statement, and lingered there for a moment. No doubt the young puppeteer was already trying to put together a basic prosthetic or wonder why he hadn’t already gotten one. Shinobi prosthetics were godly tools in the right hands after all, why wouldn’t he have one? The King of Assassins even used one for the missing left arm that Michino’s brother stole, but, unlike Toushin, the Toraono’s leg was a special case. Only a few years back his father had taken it with a special blade that took along the soul of whatever it cut. From where the knee once was and down was nothing. No ghost pains, no lingering feeling, not a thing radiated beyond the stump as most who had missed their limbs spoke of. Because of this odd circumstance, prosthetics just didn’t work. His brother had given some theories that he could possibly connect faux nerves at the ends of the ones on his leg, but, returning his leg that way would end up being more crippling than just learning to live without; so that’s what he did.
Now, despite his handicap, he was currently the strongest Toraono in his whole clan second so far only to Toraono Kuro, the old clan leader. Yet the next question the young puppeteer had was not about his missing leg, but instead his name. The seven foot tall man stood up and leaned over to offer a hand to Koto to help him regain footing on the sands.

I am Toraono Michino, but you both may call me Sensei until you’ve graduated from the Academy…or just Michino, I ain’t picky. I’m a teacher specializing in Survival and Swordsmanship, though more the former than the latter. Eventually everyone goes through my class at least once, and I think it’s mandatory learning after the first year or six months - depending on how fast you excel. I’ve lost count of the students who enter both willingly and not,” he finished with an sheepish smile.
It was no secret and eventually every student would learn one way or the other that Sensei Michino’s class was considered the hardest one, and not because he was strict. He was a walking legend with the things he has seen, faced, and walked away from in their country and knew exactly what each soldier needed to prove before he could hand out a proper recommendations. No one actually passed his class because that meant the student would have to actually outlast the ebony giant in a test of will and cunning. Instead he sent out letters to the military heads about which students were up and coming and where he thought they’d do their best. It was rare, with about only 1/10th failure, but there was the rare few that even he couldn’t recommend despite searching for a positive in everyone. Some people just weren’t cut out for the military, ya know?

And what shall I call each of you? Unlike some of the more strict teachers here I prefer to use less insulting pronouns than ‘boy’, ‘kid’, or ‘child’. You’re both here for your own reasons but you’re also here to offer yourselves to Sunagakure - that honor alone requires me to call you by a proper name in my book.

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
Heck was this guy talking about, Koto wondered as he crossed his arms over his chest. His eyes stuck to the other kid for a moment while his brain tried to decipher if there was underlining meaning behind hoping he didn't scare him. What was Koto taken for, a baby that was easily frightened!? Underneath his eyes would redden betraying the mental frustration his thoughts were giving him to the public eye. It would take several deep breaths for the color to drain from his cheeks and eyes as he had found some calm. Koto's attention then was drawn back to the large man, slightly tilting his head as for the first time he had finally stopped to analyze him.

He had been a large man in stature and his appearance even to Koto screamed heaps of battle experience. This thought settling as fact as he had taken the man's leg as proof of some injury in battle. At least that is how his mind pictured the man as he had clearly been a shinobi of the village. Both his right thumb and index finger would cusp beneath his chin as he pondered this more, head ever so tilting to side as the seconds ticked by. See while the man might have been a known legend, Koto had not grown up within the village but was a refuge child of the outlying sands. He had been unfamiliar with any of the notable shinobi that had made their mark on Sunagakure which a typical born and raised child would be aware of.

Admittedly the most important thing he had heard was that the man was a swordsman teacher. Sure a part of him wanted to ask a plethora of questions right then and there, but he hesitated. Instead the boy would sigh and relax his posture, allowing himself to rest on the training grounds. There would be plenty of time to ask him those questions especially since his class was apparently mandatory anyways.

"I think I will stick to calling you Sensei...just seems right. Also, I am Koto...I guess you can say i'm a refugee orphan from..", Koto would abruptly stop talking and just nod. He hoped the others would understand that he didn't want to talk about it as it was well known with the Swarm events and the war with the Daimyo. It wasn't unusual for children to be orphaned during these times, with Sunagakure taking their fair share of protection and shelter for many of them. Koto was no different, though his exception was that he came from a shinobi bloodline and it was only natural for him to be here.

"Nice to meet you Sensei..Hokori"

Chigokai Yasashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
Hokori was a quite observer. He was usually able to pick up on other's body language and non verbal signals, though he wasn't the best at divining reasons why people felt the way they did. He noticed the boy Koto's face go red in the cheeks, and his arms cross. Have I offended him? What did I say wrong... Though he was curious about what made him upset, but Koto moved on and gave a proper introduction. Hokori had been an orphan himself until a few years ago. He knew how if felt to be without parents though he wondered if Koto ever knew them. It seemed like it was a sensitive subject for him, and Hokori wasn't one to pry so he left the topic alone. "Nice to meet you Koto." He said his eyes meeting Koto's as he extended it for a hand shake. They would supposedly be classmates for at least a while, so Hokori would try to make a good impression.

The conversation had moved on to the large man. He was a Sensei here and apparently he taught the Survival class. Hokori hadn't been at the academy for too long, but he had heard rumors about the survival class. Students's whispered in the halls about it's difficulty and the strength of it's teacher. "Shizuyama Hokori or just Hokori is fine Michino -Sensei. I look forward to your instruction." He bowed to the instructor. Hokori usually avoided giving out his full name as his fathers company had been making waves in Suna, but He felt that an authority figure that he'd be under for a while should know his name and whatever came with it. Shizuyama Productions had recently settled a contract with the government to produce a larger share of Suna's weaponry than they had previously for the coming year. His father was proud of it siting the companies better quality as the reason. Nevertheless, this contract reduced the share of weapons being purchased from other companies, and wrestle away a bit of power from them. SunaBushi being the company hit the hardest. People involved in Suna's Government would know about this, and maybe take a different stance towards them depending on their ties.

Hokori lingered on the mans last words: “ You’re both here for your own reasons but you’re also here to offer yourselves to Sunagakure...

At first Hokori was mostly here to learn about the military system of the sand to help with his fathers business, but lately his goals had diverged from his fathers. He now wanted to learn as much as he could about puppetry. He figured the best way to do that was become a full fledged Shinobi, but he'd yet to tell his father about this plan. They'd both been busy of course, but Hokori had been especially avoiding the topic. His father probably didn't think Hokori didn't have it in him to be a Shinobi. His upbringing was rather normal, and he wasn't exactly a hardened fighter. He'd been doing well on test, but during sparring he'd been struggling. His physical abilities just weren't up to par with the other students who had been training physically sometimes before they joined the academy, and without the use of weapons he was about as powerful as a normal child his age. Koto seemed to be a perfect example of what he perceived he lacked from a physical standpoint. He'd also noticed standing before Michino-Sensei he lacked something less tangible. Something a book couldn't teach him.

It was rare for Hokori to initiate a conversation topic, but this man made him feel more comfortable than most. "Michino-Sensei if I could ask- What do you think makes a good Shinobi? and a follow up: Should a Shinobi focus on honing their strengths or shoring up their weaknesses?"Hokori's eyes changed to a determined look when he asked these questions. Maybe having some insight would help him pass Michino-Sensei's class? Maybe it would give him the resolve he needed to face his father when the time came? Maybe it would help him figure out what he lacked? Who knew, but Hokori was a young mind who wanted to be sculpted into a fine Shinobi, and who could be better for the task than Michino-Sensei?

WC:709
[MFT]

Ryuu Rei

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Koto and Hokori,” Michino said to himself while nodding. He registered the names and faces of the two trying to sort out if he had seen or heard of either of them. The giant was known for being a large hand, no pun intended, when it came to helping out the new refugees. He had set up a great deal of them in the Toraono Clan’s main building as they had more than enough room to accommodate with. Sousuke, the Steward, had built a great many new houses to home these lost people but quite a few still remained inside the Dojo halls. Undoubtedly they felt safer here where the military itself was trained, something the Toraono couldn’t blame the people for. Years had passed since Suna had taken in so many people and it still surprised him how many their village had managed to rescue in recent events. Groups being sent out to search for more survivors had dwindled down into one core group. They were survival elites gathered from the ten or so original groups of five that had been sent out to scout for more people; even then elites were only numbered 4. Michino was a fifth member but, with his return to the Clan and teaching, the four elites had to do without. They were still out on another run sent out two weeks ago. Low-key, Michino was horribly worried for them.
So that the fact Koto stopped himself from revealing his origins didn’t even remotely bother the teacher. From what he had seen hiding out in the golden grains, there was plenty of reason to hide one’s origins. What actually caught him off guard was the heir to the sudden Shizuyama fortune standing before him. This was a kid who’s family was set for generations after sealing that weapons contract and knew full well there was little reason for Hokori to be here beyond…well, probably proving himself. It told him a lot about the shy kid to see that he was here trying to learn how to hold himself in battle, and the question asked only seemed to further the personality.
So for a minute the teacher tucked his hand under his chin as Koto had done a moment ago, and thought deeply. It was a question that was surprisingly rarely asked. Most of his students seemed like they were just there, either out of responsibility or honor, but never of their own free will. Hell, some of them were there to learn skills in order to enact revenge on the Unbent.

Hmm…well, it’s always good to sharpen your weakest blade even if you think you’ll never use it, but the same can be said of the blade you always use. I think what it takes to be a good shinobi is this,” he jabbed the center of his chest with his thumb, then pointed to his forehead, “and this. Strength and weakness are but words for the unprepared, and you will only lose yourself if you forget that you’re more than just a tool. The hardest thing we have to do as soldiers is end another life. Even if what we’re fighting right now is literally monsters, that will not always the case. A person can easily lose themselves in their first kill, so never forget who you are and what you represent,” He put his hand on Hokori’s shoulder with a serious look,
Remember, you will eventually fight not just for yourself, but for those here who cannot. We are public servants first, and warriors second.

Michino gave the boy’s shoulder a few pats before extending back up to his full seven-foot tall form and looked at the giant metal wall that separated the village from the horrors outside. He knew that this was a kind of war that was going to last for a very long time, but couldn’t help but hope his generation would end it before the two boys before him got into it. They both seemed like honest students and had the makings of becoming superior shinobi, they didn’t need to witness the horrors of the Unbent any more than they already had.

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
He had become stuck in response to the conversation being held around him, starting with the question posed by his fellow classmate. An eyebrow raised at the notion of the thought, in that it was not one which he himself had come to question despite it making plenty of sense to have. There was a slow but sudden realization that he had been training to become a shinobi with a limited thought in why he was actually doing what it was he was doing. Maybe out of instinct or out of train of thought, Koto's grip on his blade would tighten in reflection to his intense mental focus. With his eyebrows relaxed, his eyes would become fixated upon their sensei upon his voice echoing through his ears with a tone that commanded attention.

Raising the blade horizontally to his eyes, both pupils would become infatuated with the light which shone off the steel. The blade was virgin in his hands, having never spilled blood which in the service of his skills and therefor erased from the experiences attained from his father. Was it something he was prepared for or was it something he would be capable of doing if the time was not planned but sudden? The thought of him seizing up suddenly became a reality in his eyes, knowing that doing so could easily cost someone their life. Had his father froze, Koto would not be here today and that was something he knew from first had witness account. He'd swallow as his thoughts caught up with reality and he finally blinked, gulping at the same time.

"Honestly...I haven't really thought about why I am training to become a shinobi. The truth is my father for what I know was a former suna-nin, so when I was found and taken in by the village it was only natural I think to follow in the footsteps to find some sense of purpose."

He would stare at his blade again, turning it diagonally so that his vision was splintered between steel and their sensei. He could see Hokori in the reflection of the blade and for some reason the gaze of his eyes would seem to glow a faint blue.

"But sometimes purpose isn't something freely found right? I mean it is possible I am here by design....and if so I should be fully capable of being what that means."

His grip tightened on the grip of his blade before blinking several times, the color fading from his eyes as he lowered the weapon. Feeling embarrassed, he lowered his head slightly.

"I'm sorry about that, I thought outloud and forgot where I was.."

Chigokai Yasashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
Michino-sensei's response wasn't the practical kind. It was the kind a good educator would give, the profound kind. An answer of this level was difficult to for Hokori to understand at least completely. He was a bright child, but it was a difficult thing to ponder without living it. The answer of a good head was easy to grasp, a shinobi needs to be smart and think on his feet. He was able to glean something from this, but the heart was more difficult. A good heart huh? He questioned how necessary a shinobi heart was, but this man surly knew what he was talking about. How he spoke of taking another's life was interesting. At times he forgot that the skills he was learning were meant to kill the opponent. Would he be able to do that? Would he lose himself?

Hokori shook his head. It was unlikely he would enjoy killing he wasn't even that found of eating meat. The real question is would he be able too? that was certainly necessary on the path of the shinobi. This wasn't the first time he thought about it but he often pushed it to the back of his mind. He would certainly have some thinking to do. If was going to be a shinobi he must face the harsh reality of the profession. His other question had also been answered, but it seemed like the answer was simply be prepared. That was something he could work with. He figured learning more than just puppetry would help him feel more comfortable in more situations, but making his puppetry the best it could be was also important. As he went to speak up to thank Michino-sensei for his wisdom, and make an not so graceful exit. Koto started to speak.

He revealed more about his family and questioned purpose and freedom. While Koto certainly looked cool while standing there with his sword to sky and a sparkle in his eye, Hokori had a slight issue with what he said. A slight issue that would lead him to address his fellow student. "You are your own person!...Sorry..." He started with a meek outburst, but gain confidence in his words after he paused and collected himself. "The only thing that decides your purpose is you... The Shinobi path is a fine one...but I don't think anyone should blindly follow fate..." It wasn't long ago that Hokori found this new path, so he felt a bit odd hearing someone so willingly follow in the footsteps of another. Sure destiny and fate could exist, but he didn't see the purpose in following them without carefully consideration. Everyone should chose their own path and walk it. At least that was his opinion.

Hokori was starting to feeling increasingly anxious he could feel the eyes and ears of others observing their philosophical conversation. "Well that's my opinion anyway...The best part about being your own person is you get to choose what you want to listen too...haha" He tried to laugh it off. "Michino-Sensei, Thank you for answering my questions. Though I'm not sure I completely understand, Hopefully I'll have figured it all out upon graduation." He said as he bowed to the survival class teacher. "Until then, I'll sharpen all of my swords. I'll prove that I have the skills to be prepared for any situation!" He stated with the most vigor he'd had all day. Then father will not be able to deny me... I'll walk my own path! he thought to himself.

[MFT]

Ryuu Rei

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Impressed as he was by Hokori’s presence at the academy, he couldn’t help but smile at Koto’s maturity. There was absolutely nothing wrong following in another’s footsteps. His entire life he had spent chasing after his uncle Toraono Kuro, the previous head of the clan, and found himself recognizing a familiar spark in Koto’s eyes - metaphorically anyways. He had no idea what that blue glow was about. Of course, considering he could grow a leg from his stump made of demon fire, maybe he shouldn’t be too curious. Hokori then made a few good points as well to counter the other. They were good points too, and reminded the teacher of Sousuke just a little. It didn’t take Michino long to put one and one together as he eyed the two boys before him. One was more direct, the other less but mindful, and both were full of potential; a whole heckin lot of it. On their own, with or without masters, the two would no doubt easily could make a name for themselves. Michino stared down at them and thought he saw more though. What one could do by their self, no matter the project, could always be strengthened by another. These two would make great rivals.
Michino had never had the pleasure of experiencing a good rival as when he was a Student, his grades and performance was below average. These two had latent talent: one through blood, one through determination, and Michino wondered which was stronger right now. Which would be stronger later? As a teacher, he saw an opportunity to teach and satisfy his need watch the youth grow stronger.

Neither path is wrong,” he said, agreeing with both of them, “To master the sword you need to have a single-minded focus. Train until the sword is a part of your body, an extension, and not just a tool. It is something that people who concern themselves with everything will only get so far with, but the same can be said of your style, Hokori. Puppet users, from my experience with them, are people ever questioning god. Sometimes, literally. You must consider ever possible outcome before pulling a single string and do that in the space of sometimes less than 3 seconds.
So, the teacher said as a smile began to broaden across his face, “Before either of you go to the first class, how about you boys spar? Which practice is stronger now, and, who will be stronger when your years at the Academy are over? This is a practice that will hone your skills if you two keep at it, and put you both far above the other students too shy to actually practice combat outside of safe instruction. What do you two say? I’ll keep an eye and make sure no one dies, promise.

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
So there was no right or wrong way to go about being a shinobi and the more he thought about it the more it made sense. After all who was one to decide what motivates another for strength, though that would also mean that there was one universal truth. He'd continue to listen though truthfully his focus was being drawn to his blade again. Fixated his gaze became while their words, especially those of their sensei's, echoed in his head.

If his way was that of following his father's shadow and the will of those who saved him, then in order to validate his path he must equally be able to defend it. That was what he got from all this, whether by design or accident it was how he saw things. This would change as many things would through the coming years due to maturity and other factors but the premise would be the same. He'd have to prove himself worthy of his father's blade and life forfeited for his.

Fighter.jpg

He'd accept their sensei's proposal of a fight, fully endearing himself to what that may entail. They would have to fight one day after all, it would be best to start and develop early. Training was one thing but fighting was another and one he wasn't experienced in. Withdrawing his katana, Koto would do what came natural and give off an over confident smirk as an uneasy energy took him over. He faked being prepared and ready to fight at a moment's notice, while deep inside he was everything but.

He had his worries and if Hokori accepted then those would have to be shouldered.

Chigokai Yasashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
H-How did it get to this? Hokori wasn't really the aggressive type. He hadn't thought that his words would lead to some kind of altercation, but with the way Koto drew his sword and smirk he knew he wouldn't be able to get out of this easily. While he certainly believed in his opinion he didn't feel like he needed to defend it. His own philosophy shouldn't need to be defended form others it didn't effect them. On the other hand, if what Michino-sensei said was correct this could only help him improve as a shinobi. He knew he would soon have to make the case for him enlisting, so being at the top of the class would certainly be helpful.He looked Koto up and down. He certainly seems like the physical melee type that I'm not so found of.. He put his finger to his chin and thought for a moment. I'd certainly stand to learn something... His eyes meet Koto's once more seeing his single minded resolve. For a moment, he saw his own reflection in the eyes of the boy. His bluff of being prepared didn't shake him, but something else did. He needed to find out what that was.

"Fine, as long as neither of us get too seriously hurt. I have some work to do later... One moment please." He muttered. He then jaunted off to his backpack with Mako-chan close behind. After a few moments he returned with a scroll. He placed it on the ground, unrolled it, and clapped his hands together. The scroll the disappeared in a puff of smoke, and in it's place was a large human sized duffel bag gray in color. He unzipped the single zipper running across the length of the pack slightly allowing Mako-chan to hop inside. After which, he closed the bag, and lifted it upright with some difficulty. Finally he slipped his arms in to the two straps opposite of the zipper. The bag was a foot taller than the boy and just as wide, but he seemed comfortable wearing it.

He leaped back allowing the proper spacing for a typical sparring match held at the academy, and made the seal of confrontation. With a deep breath, he steeled himself attempting to be as prepared as Koto appeared. "Alright then, ready when you are." He said awaiting the go ahead to commence the dual.

Ryuu Rei

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The challenge had been accepted and honestly Michino couldn’t be happier. His heart lifted up in his chest and expanded with pride as he watched the two agree. His eyes caught Koto’s apprehension, wondering how he would use it to play into the gears clearly rotating in Hokori’s head. Watching the latter draw out a large duffle bag and place his current puppet back into it made Michino quick an eyebrow at the display. Puppet users being the rare commodity that they were made this fight that much more interesting to watch. Clearly for those who knew Michino full well considered that he had his eye on Koto, as the teacher was a master swordsman himself. If the boy had enough potential, he might be the first student to consider passing on a few techniques to see how they can handle the Devil Cat style.
Bending his lone leg and quickly shooting some chakra down the veteran shinobi leaped backwards a good distance away from the two preparing to do battle. Reaching down into the folds of his robe he pulled out a single earpiece and slipped it into his ear before rolling through a few channels. Eventually he came across a specific number and pressed it in to get the direct line to his bestie’s headset to relay a message,

Hey, Kasen, it’s Michino. Not sure if you’re awake yet but we got two Students about to spar. Figured you might want to send someone to heal any possible injures or, you know, come say hi yourself. If you do, please bring tacos. I haven’t eaten yet.
Michino released the button to allow the message to send the recording out to the Medical Chief’s recording device. If she didn’t personally get it, pretty sure her assistant would. He just prayed it wasn’t Gary, who supposedly like to listen to messages to remove the annoying ‘beeping sounds’ that were ruining his naps.

[Topic Temp Left]

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
One, he counted in his head while feeling his breathing suddenly become heavy. There was a feeling of his stomach churning upside down, his nerves unsettling what strong demeanor he held currently. Having time to gulp, Koto's grip would tighten on his blade's handle. His free hand formed the seal of confrontation in unison with Hokori.

Two, came fast while a single bead of sweat collected along his forehead and had made it's way down the side of his face. His blade would be adjusted, moving behind his back as his footing spaced more and made his body stand with a low center of gravity. The weights he had worn seemingly disconnecting their hold as his chakra control ended the connection held to the items. Free of this added burden his eyes would squint at how light he felt.

Three, at the moment the former trail of sweat reached his chin and broke off into a freefall droplet Koto would rush forwards.

[Battle Mod Called]

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
LET’S DO THIS THING YA LITTLE RASCALS! Please include links with everything that has a link to give. Please PM me the following, it doesn't not have to look like this as I'm going to transfer it to a scrivener file (I just think it looks pretty like this). (note I’ve included stuff you may not have yet and that you most definitely don’t have yet, such as kinjutsu, so please disregard any parts that don’t pertain to you, duhh :3 let’s do it.

Terrain and Visibility:
Usually who ever created the thread choses this, please give the modifiers from the stealth section with the rest of your information

OOC Rank

Stats:
Just copy from profile, must include each individual stats minimum. Power level and character level are optional.

Class:
Full code please (all bold/italics/underlined I mean). It looks nice like that.

Abilities:
List all abilities you currently possess with links so I can go to them and copy them for my file. If you have a cursed seal include all relevant information here (Such as stats and including if you were sealed by a DS)

Advanced Elements:
List all AE you have access to, as listed in your dojo

Major/Minor affinities:
List all major and minor affinities

Inventory:
You know. List it. If you have strategy or whatevs then list your prepped slots for me plz&thx

Weapons:
Everything I need to know about your weapons should be written out including links to all augments

Jutsu:
Please separate nin/tai/gen/kinjutsu as well as any element (including tai and gen subtypes) and remember to sort by level and include ranks for each jutsu plz. I will require you to link to each jutsu you use in your actions so links here are not necessary.

Bloodline/Core ability:
Please only include what parts of your bloodline/core ability you actually have access too. If any of your bloodline or core ability aspects include special items or have elements you must choose (such as Inu's wild soul elements or mechanist's familiar) you can include those with the ability itself or make a separate list.

Kinjutsu:
If you own a kinjutsu please include a copy of each ability you own and any information about elements such as Dark Sage souls or Revenant's hearts.

Contracts:
Please include all relevant information about contracts such as their abilities, jutsus, class, Senjutsu subtype, and an avatar sized image for them if you have one.

As for actions please include your first round actions in this same PM and remember the following:

Actions:
Please remember to link to every jutsu you use in your actions. Any additional details (such as AP costs, alignment, and any modifiers from class/BL/CA would be helpful as reminders but optional of course)

Conditionals:
List all conditionals, including those used by unbound loyalty if you're an Archsage.

Passives:
Optional but if you want to help keep track of your passives in your acitions that'd be swell ;)

Last edited:

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
ROUND 1
MJioNu4.jpg

Koto
HP: 4690 - 517 = 4173
CP: 2528
AP: 2 - .5 = 1.5
AP next round: 3
Maintains: Sunchronized Multipresence, Slashing Style (trickster)
vZjFmLO.jpg

Hokori
HP: 2100
CP: 4160 - 140 = 4020
AP: 2 - 1.75 = .25
AP next round: 2.25
Maintains:
Round Actions​

0.00 - Koto uses Unreal Celerity to prioritize Seikon Style: Synchronized Multipresence chakra style

0.00 - Hokori equips Fukuro using quickdraw

0.00 - Koto equips Blinkweaver using quickdraw

0.00 - Hokori uses a free called shot (arms) on Koto (Sneak attack) [Full hit (69); Koto is poisoned; Called shot fails]

0.00 - Hokori uses a free called shot (arms) on Koto (sneak attack) [Critical hit (138); Koto's arms are sprained]

0.00 - Hokori sheaths Fukuro using quickdraw

1.67 - Koto enters Slashing Physical Style (Trickster)

1.67 - Koto uses a free called shot (legs) on Hokori (sneak attack) [Miss]

3.33 - Hokori performs a hidden action [Critical (180); Hokori enters stealth]

3.33 - Hokori draws Fukuro using quickdraw

5.83 - Hokori uses Guided Strike as a sneak attack on Koto [Partial hit (130);Hokori remains in stealth using Stalker]

Notes: Koto, Sneak attacks can't be auto dodged so your first conditional couldn't be used. Also, Unreal Celerity has to be used at the beginging of the round before anything else so with the way your wrote your actions entering the physical style was timed normally.

Anything else PM to me on NC or on discord

Last edited:

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
What was that, something he felt as he moved forwards with his hand on his weapon's handle. It was something that could not be explained with words, just he could feel as if he was somewhere else. This was not the first time he'd been under such a feeling, as it was something that seemed to trigger quite often as he practiced with his blade through the days. Maybe it was shear inexperience but he in that moment became distracted almost, as just as before his gaze did not pick up on what happened next.

Initially it would feel like small pricks, something that one would expect to shrug off as insignificant, though that was not the case here. Almost immediately after feeling the pricks one after another, Koto could feel a discomforting pain surge up one of his arms. Not having the time to check on why he felt this way Koto closed the distance between him and Hokori, who had seemed to stop using the puppet he had drawn....

It was curious afterall why would someone bring out a weapon only to put it back up. Was he taking this serious or was he overthinking? Either way, Koto's legs would go into a squat lowering his body low while squaring off his stance. His footing was strong, enough so that when he swung his blade in a basic slash the sand beneath his feet barely moved. While he did know he didn't connect on the slashing strike, his eyes would get a glimpse of what caused his arms pain earlier as he'd notice the two needles protruding from his arm. When the heck did he get attacked, at the least that is the thought that ran through his head. It seemed like a repeat of earlier where his eyes were unable to even notice that needle shot by that puppet before.

Recovering from the missed strike it would come to him like a flash in his mind on what could have happened. Unfortunately his gaze would widen slightly as he stared forwards to where Hokori had just been.."When the...", was all he could mouth before another sharp feeling flowed through his body. Looking around he'd turn his head frantically from side to side, feeling lost. Where was he? How did he disappear that easily? Am I missing something???

All of this was going through his head and a growing frustration could be felt from him if not outright seen upon his facial expression. He was confused and becoming agitated at this so early in the fight, as if his cool was lost. In that span, Koto would have a moment where once again everything would feel weird. He wasn't sure what bade him to do it but his body would move on it's own. Shifting his weight, Koto spun in the sand bringing his body around with his blade held diagonally outwards. There would be the sound of metal against metal, as his katana would connect with something. What it was Koto didn't see, but he did feel the pressure against his weapon that something had connected with it while also feeling more pain. Having not realized what had happened, Koto didn't piece together that he had managed to deflect an attack from hitting him squarely...

"Gone again...tch.."

This wasn't something he knew how to handle and yet in the here and now he'd have to come up with something. Breathing in at first labored breaths, he'd calm himself down while the grip on his blade tightened. Sure he couldn't find out where Hokori was, chunking it up to the later moving outside his vision at the right time to effectively evade his gaze. The footing he'd kept would remain as Koto would lower his center of gravity once more...he'd have to try something.

"Sand Style...First Step.."

[Actions being sent]

Chigokai Yasashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
All had so far gone according to plan. Hokori started by quickly equipping his puppet. He seemed to be faster on the attack though Koto was able to draw his weapon just as quickly. He began his assault with a few hidden, soundless, needles shot from the eyes of his puppet Fukuro. Fukuro was an interesting puppet the second puppet wholly designed by Hokori himself. It looked like a brown owl and it's body was was covered in the synthetic recreations of the owl's soundless feathers. It moved as it it was flying and usually attacked from above using the sunlight to hide itself. It was perfect for hit and run tactics, as well as stealth. The needles were of course poisoned and though they didn't all hit their mark a few had hit squarely in the spot he had aimed. Hokori smiled under his mask. Now that Koto's arms where injured he'd have an easier time avoiding his attacks. As soon as that had been successful Hokori returned Fukuro to his bag.

It might seem strange for a puppet master to sheath their puppet in a fight, but Hokori had a plan. Standing out in the open was never a good strategy, for someone so vulnerable to physical attacks. Hokori would opted for stealth and to make it easier he would use one of his other "swords" Genjutsu. He discreetly weaved a few hand signs and it seemed successful. His Genjutsu: deception would cause a ringing in Koto's ears something so slight that maybe he wouldn't even pay it much mind, but it created an opening for Hokori to hide. He would find a bit of rock in the training ground to hid behind though he would keep moving carefully watching Koto's eyes to avoid his gaze.

Finally, while he was supposedly hidden, he would redraw Fukuro, and guide it to strike with it's bladed wings. At that moment Koto would spin and deflect the blade from landing as Hokori would have wanted. Though he didn't completely avoid the attack, Hokori was still surprised. How did he see that coming? Well I'll have to adjust... Hokori was continuing to think and change his plans, but it all hinged on whether Koto could find him or not.

[Sending actions, MFT: 376]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back