Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Secret Fate of all Life (Rensuke)

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Takahashi clan had always been manufacturers. Puppets, weapons, and armours. They always had a particular school and train of thought when it came to the former more so than the latter. Never create a human puppet. It was one of those things that had been the greatest taboo in the family line, and no Takahashi ever broke that one rule, or crossed that line. There were those that did, and more importantly Sousuke had known one to do so. It repulsed him, and caused him a great deal of stress. Tampering with the human mind and placing it in a puppet was something that disturbed him greatly. It terrified him and was one of those things that gnawed at him in the back of his head.

Recently there were disturbing reports that his R&D materials were being lifted. Through a thorough inventory check and discovery, yes indeed his R&D was being poached. More disturbing it was alot of his father's works and devices that were being taken. To what end? That caused Sousuke to become worrisome. After having the matter investigated, rumors dispelled and other matters attended to, Sousuke had the thief and his facility visited by one of his own. What Naoki found was something that troubled Sousuke. Indeed pieces of his father's old wares and some of his older wares were discovered and brought back. More troubling was the discovery of a Human Puppet that was functioning.

The Kazekage had it brought back. No, not it, it was a he? It was identified as a male, brought into Sungakure for a massive metal spec. The report? Dr. Shikara had revealed that there was no sign of brainwashing or mental tampering. She recommended a supervisor. That was reasonable. What was unreasonable was the request to visit her. Was she right that his frustrations and what had happened to him over the last few years weighed him down? Yes. The amount of problems Sousuke had to deal with was comparable to that foreign figure called Atlas who had to carry the world upon his shoulders. Well, maybe something like that but not the world, it may have been the world though considering the fact that Ancients had returned and would probably want to destroy humanity.

That was not what was today about. Today was about interacting with one of the many things that kept him up at night. Not necessarily the person, but the concept it was. Sousuke had summoned the automaton -- no Rensuke to meet him outside of the Kazekage tower. Sousuke was outside running laps around the Kazekage tower in his black and white armour. As per his usual he was trying to keep himself healthy, despite being exhausted mentally. It seemed like at times a black blur was running around the tower.

[MFT 467]

Kazumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Nearly silent footfalls followed Ren as he made his way through the street level of this underground village. He had memorized the map that served as a diagram of the city, and after committing it to memory, a feat that apparently had impressed the nurse, he had set out. It was his first time being out in the city on his own, and it was strange to have his mind wander almost aimlessly as he did so. He surveyed the shops, the people and everything in between with passive curiosity before his attention once again drifted upwards towards the cavernous ceiling. He had spent a long time staring at those glowing crystals from his hospital room, but they were always out of reach. It was fortuitous that he had a meeting with the village's leader, an honor that was lost on him, as it would afford him the opportunity to request one of those crystals for himself.

Many minutes passed of idle thought until the towering structure came into view. It must have been an odd time of the day, for the only individual that was within sight was an oddly garbed male who appeared to be in some sort of hurry. Without giving it much thought, Ren broke into a run as well, his limbs springing to life as he effortlessly went from a casual walk to a full sprint towards the man, who was now facing away from Ren as he rounded towrads the back of the building. Wasting no time in catching up with the much taller individual, Ren instantly changed from a sprint to a run that perfectly matched the speed of the black and white armored individual. "Why are we running?" he casually asked, his pace and tone unchanged from what he might have had if he were standing casually in place.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke phased out as he ran. His mind sort of drifted. Katuso is dead. I cannot do anything about it. Why did he simply just leave and get himself killed? Does he know what his ancestor did to Mikaboshi? I am allied to him now because of necessity. Being allied to me buys me time to become something more. Something superior to even him. Sousuke's mind snapped to a strange imagery. His mind shifted back to when he pulled Skullsplitter from the tree in the Kirishii underground. That foreign weapon. It constantly bled and bled and bled. He drove it into Magentica's chest cavity charged with lightning chakra. He felled her down, and she once felled him. Magentica though was not going to be returning. She was dead, devoured by the plague bomb Uri put in her chest. She was devoured from the inside whole. Dead. Dead. Dead. Katuso is dead, but he was there. He watched her die. The body was not even a metallic husk it was nothing. His enemy was defeated, for third and final time. Dead. Dead. Dead. Kaito was there too. He was unmoved by her death, but why would he be? He was not her friend. She was their tool due to duress because Uri placed a bomb in her. Sousuke was quite good at dwelling upon the past, but then again the past effected him greatly.

Sousuke would snap back to the present as someone was running with him. This person was keeping up with him. Ah this was ... the automaton? He was short. Sousuke thought he was short, but this was exceptional. Sousuke's mind was screaming at him. The word heresy was multiplying in his mind palace. Yet all he did was simply look down. "To keep in shape."<i></i> He answered. He expected something bigger. "Something you do not have to do, but it is something I have to do. You know, protecting the village is hard if you're not capable of performing feats of strength if you're not in peak physical shape."<i></i> He continued running. "You must be Rensuke. How are you today? Functioning at maximum potential I assume?"<i></i>

Kazumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ren's head kept tilted up towards his new running partner as he spoke, not seeming to pay any attention to the path they were traveling, but appearing to suffer no ill effects because of it. "I prefer Ren, but you may call me what you wish." His movements were almost inhumanly fluid as he ran, each gait practically identical to the last, and yet he spoke with no straining of breath or voice. Such feats were not unordinary among shinobi of course, who were trained to be in astonishingly good condition as well as highly coordinated, but even so it appeared somewhat... off.

"It is strange that you know my name and condition. There are two likely possibilities: either you are a member of the individuals that have been studying me after I awoke. This is unlikely as I would recall your body type, speech tone and pattern, or your chakra system. The other possibility is that you are Takahashi Sousuke, and given the proximity to the tower that he is to preside in, I would say that is the most likely candidate." As they rounded a corner, he unthinkingly made a hop over a box that had mistakenly fallen from its pile of brothers at the side of the pathway. "It is possible that you are a capable spy who has gathered this information as well, but that is a distant third candidate."

There was a few moments of silence before he suddenly spoke up again, "I wish to requisition one of the luminescent crystals that line the cavern ceiling. I have seen them from my hospital room since my awakening, and I wish to be in possession of one for the purpose of sentiment and curiosity."

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke continued running about. He listened to the little one speak to him. Rensuke, or Ren rather was a smart lad? Yes. His age was difficult to figure out due to his puppet body. "I would indeed be Takahashi Sousuke, the third. Guardian protectorate of the realm. The Kazekage."<i></i> He would answer. It was funny. He was growing more and more used to pointing out to people that he was no longer the Steward, he was merely the Kazekage now. "I could be a spy, but spies tend to usually hate imitating me due to my ... character flaws and those spies usually would not last longer considering being me would be exceptionally difficult for a truly long amount of time."<i></i> He paused, "Truthfully though the third option amongst two is usually the best option but not today."<i></i> Sometimes when given the choice between climbing the wall, or going around it ... sometimes it was better to just plasma blast the wall.

The little puppet would continue to speak with him. This time he placed in a request for one of the chakra crystals. "Certainly."<i></i> He began, "Any particular elemental type or colour?"<i></i> He would ask. "We're going to be stopping now in ... five, four, three, two, one."<i></i> Sousuke would put on the brakes and skid slightly. He looked down at his watch. "Ah. A new record. Excellent."<i></i> Sousuke would stop for a moment. He would turn to his tower as it were. "I've got the chakra crystals in the office. So. We'll head over there. The elevator is being worked on... so I hope you have no issue scaling the tower."<i></i> Sousuke would click his boots together and his boots would change slightly. He would take a few steps back and then he would run straight towards the tower. He would then run up the side of the tower towards his office. He was testing out some new equipment, but at the same time he was wondering what sort of tech Rensuke was comprised of. Sousuke's tech had been 'lifted' as it were. He was testing Rensuke to see what exactly had been lifted from his wares.

Kazumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Kazekage, yes. I am familiar with the term, but only since my awakening." Ren's eyes kept locked onto Sousuke's face as they ran, only barely bobbing from each quickstep. If Sousuke had been in tuned with social graces, he might have even found it unnerving. "I have heard the village is not highly defended, and so if an imposter wished to spy upon the village and masquerade as its leader, then jogging around the main building would be a poor choice of venue to gather intel." Then, at the Kage's command, the young boy stopped in time with the village's leader without any of the skidding that the more bulky adult required. "Elemental type? Are the crystalline formations lining the ceiling in these caverns formed of carmot?"

"Are there no staircases in the tower? Unless you have a way to enter your office externally, which prove to be a weakness in its security, or you have left a means of entry open, which would be equally diminishing to any security measures in place?" Ren turned away from him, finally breaking eye contact with the man as he looked up towards the towards the tower. Presuming his words did not have any affect on the man's decision to scale the tower, Ren would follow after him with only a second's delay. As the puppet's foot pressed against the tower, a thin layer of chakra was excreted from the artificial coils that lined the bottom of the construct's foot. The action was reflexive and appeared to perfectly mimic a normal shinobi's ability to perform a similar feat, the nuance of this 'puppet's chakra control systems must have been astonishing.

Within a few bounds, Ren would work to catch up with the kage, seeking to match his pace during their quick ascent to the higher levels of the grand tower. If Sousuke's boots somehow allowed him to scale the wall without the means of expending his own chakra, then he would find Ren questioning him as the ascended. "I sense that you are not performing the traditional technique with which to scale this building, Takahashi Sousuke. I wish to inquire as to how you are able to perform this feat. Our speed is not great enough to surpass the limitations of gravity and I sense no significant manipulation of chakra that would otherwise make such possible."

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"The village has its keepers. Some are far more confrontational than others."<i></i> Sousuke explained, "Never get on the bad side of a Toraono woman. It is a very terrifying experience."<i></i> He tapped his fingers together. "Chakra crystals are made from carmot but they are elementally infused. Which ... is most helpfully for various reasons depending on the situation that you are in."<i></i> As the two of them ran up the wall, Sousuke answered the next question. "No, the stairs or the elevators are not broken. This is just more fun."<i></i> He answered as he then proceeded to open up the windows. He would make his way in easily enough. Sousuke's office was a mess of papers. Sousuke proceeded to form a few seals and then proceeded to put the papers together on their own, at will. Rensuke had then questioned him about his equipment. "Eh?"<i></i> He would remove his boots and placed them on his desk. "Well. I am travelling quickly, but at the same time my armour has certain quirks about it."<i></i> He flipped his boot over revealing little spikes on it. He tapped the side of the boot and the spikes then proceeded to recede. "One must prepare for everything. Especially when they lack chakra to do so."<i></i>

Sousuke clapped his hands together. He was trying hard not to stare at the puppet child. It was so very difficult. "Okay."<i></i> Where do we begin. Sousuke's eyes shifted skywards. "..."<i></i> This was going to be awkward. "..."<i></i> Well. This was an elephant in the room. Yes. That was the saying they had for this situation. The elephant in the room. Why did it have to been an elephant? It could have been an sandworm. Sandworms were by far the larger creature. "Okay. Let's ... talk specifics about you. Your frame. Elementally infused metal? Or is it a flesh-metal matrix?"<i></i> First question. Now unto the next. "Weapon systems. Summoned or are they within your frame? I do both myself personally."<i></i> To further emphasize the point, Sousuke returned to his boots. He again clicked a portion of them and a kunai blade popped out. He clicked the side again and the blade receded. "I like to generally think I am a prepared individual."<i></i>

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back