Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Shroud of Shadows [Tutor]

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hoshi posted a flyer around town. It was a flyer for a tutoring session he was going to hold within the village. It was logo, a brief description, and location posted on a large white paper. All throughout the Susukino District and the innver village, Hoshi had these flyers lined up. It was a first come first serve basis, on the advanced techniques of stealth. He finished off his rounds in the inner village. The residential area, The Seki District, was just a couple of blocks down. Although, he didn't bother with that area so not to disturb the homes of village citizens.

The Flyer Read:

"Come one, first come first serve, and only ONE! Learn the maneuvers of covert operations! Do you want to the ninja hidden in shadows? The unseen mirage?! Learn today a jutsu which could help you fight battles from a different dimension! Use these tactics of furtiveness to avoid combat! It's up to you! In this lesson, you will learn a super secret anbu technique which many of heard, but few are capable! Meeting area is in the Seki District! Sun down, by the giant tree which marks the end of the residential area! See ya there!"

Hoshi awaited at the stated destination for whoever to arrive. Although, it wasn't truly him, but only a mere lightning clone. Hoshi, the real Hoshi, was hidden in stealth, behind the veil of his active camo jutsu. He would await the following: the arrival of student, the interaction of student, and lastly, the resolve of the student. The meeting with the clone, was sure to be an awkward situation, with Hoshi contiguously on the prowl. The interval between posting the flyer and receiving a response was an extended allotment but, Hoshi would continue to remain composed during the wait.

WC 301 1/5

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Strolling along the road-side, namely from his home. He had been spending some time recently about a plethora of problems he had encountered- all of which occurred shortly after he returned from a rather distressing mission. While he hadn't found himself locked in a perilous cycle of despair and mental break-down, it certainly forced a perspective on him that he wasn't entirely comfortable with.

Thus, he found himself taking a walk. To catch some air, and re-focus his direction by watching the lives of those who continue to live; and that he himself- to had to proceed with them. As there is no other way, even if there are other ways. Such things he knew, shouldn't even become options.

Sigh -- His head hung as he let out the breath, his typical stance of having a single hand in his pocket and the other dangling lifelessly by his side. It was when he had lifted his head to ensure he wouldn't run into anything, or anyone. When the notice caught his attention.

"Come one, first come first serve, and only ONE! Learn the maneuvers of covert operations! Do you want to the ninja hidden in shadows? The unseen mirage?! Learn today a jutsu which could help you fight battles from a different dimension! Use these tactics of furtiveness to avoid combat! It's up to you! In this lesson, you will learn a super secret anbu technique which many of heard, but few are capable! Meeting area is in the Seki District! Sun down, by the giant tree which marks the end of the residential area! See ya there!"

For a moment, he had difficulty reading it. Rubbing his eyes with his free arm, and then re-reading it a moment... And then a pause. "Did a kid write this?" he tilted his head, reaching out and snagged the flier. Perhaps it was a means to kill some time as a worst case scenario- best case he actually divined something out this meeting... Admittedly, he was somewhat curious about his hypothesis about the age of the writer, and why they would go out as far as to offer training ANBU techniques to the potential general public.
Casting it a final glance he shrugged and started walking towards the designated meeting spot.

It didn't take him terribly long to make his way to the tree; it was visible in the distance as he walked over a small hill on the road. The only change to his appearance was perhaps the flier that was pressed between his index finger and thumb, all in his right hand. His left still casually tucked away in his left pocket.
Given that today he had time-off, he had only been walking about in some comfortable pants and a light-weight casual button up shirt, almost passable for formal. His hair was a bit of a mess as usual, while not long enough to be a hassle- it certainly was not combed today and carried a certain air of discomfort in the way it moved about against the wind.

Upon reaching about a block away from the tree, the sight of the alleged mentor eventually came to him as well. At this distance he had difficulty gauging the height or build of the individual; nevertheless he could tell that it wasn't being taken terribly seriously by the distinct lack of people nearby. As is, this area was always quiet for the most part.

Minutes passed-- Shieo was very clearly taking his time in making his way to the clearing. Upon his arrival, he halfheartedly lifted the flier to indicate his intention of arrival. "Don't suppose it was you that had this posted all ov-..?" Something had caught Shieo's attention; however, perhaps to Hoshi's relief it wasn't that he noticed the real Hoshi tucked away. No, for someone who is much more blunt and disinterested in the world around him. He was staring at Hoshi- specifically down at Hoshi-clone. Specifically the disparity in their heights, Shieo being six-foot one had quite the variance on the shorter and much younger boy. "You're awfully short huh... No matter, everyone draws the short-stick on something-- I'm Shieo. Nice't meet'cha I guess." After his quick introduction; the young-man stuffed the flier into his pocket.

[708 Words]

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Over the horizon of a hill, someone cane walking, finally. It appeared they were heading toward the clone of Hoshi, while the real watched from afar. The man approached, tall and familiar. Once the man came into view, The eyes of the Shinobi came to a searching squint. Something clicked in his head, causing all of his thoughts to race through his mind like the Indy 500! Eventually, all the thoughts come to a sudden fruition as he realized, he had a class with the man. The clone grinned at the man, who spoke of the clone’s height. The clone would wave before it poofed into a dissolving steam.

The man may have been perplexed for the moment until Hoshi revealed himself from his hiding spot. He’d slowly walk to up Shieo, the kid still barely breaching five foot. He’d have to tilt his head back to meet the ninja eye to eye. As he did, Hoshi held out his right hand for a handshake, but not before a bow at the hip. After his gesture, Shouyu would smirk and flick the side of his nose. He didn’t expect an elder to come to his tutoring session, but this was no matter.

“Shieo right?”

Hoshi walked around the man for a moment and examined him from head to toe.

“Yes it is you! Hey, it’s been a while! I am the one who wrote the flier, Kaji sensei inspired me to show others the art of shadow stalking. Well, seeing as I’m naturally a sensory type Shinobi, I figured I’d have a good point of view of dealing with shadows. Well, if you don’t mind today Shieo, would you like to train? Only if you’re up for it.”

Hoshi began to stretch, spreading his legs and twisting his torso left to right. He began to reach over his side, arm over his head reaching for the sky.

Wc 317 2/5

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It was only about half a second after the clone vanished that it occurred to Shieo. Given indication only by a series of four blinks of his eyes, as if trying to process it; once Hoshi walked out and did his little spheel with a quick gesture of a hand-shake. Shieo obliged, there really was no hard in such.

"I am Shieo, yes."

Having no implication of cutting off Hoshi, he listened with some focus- Or at least he tried to. With the occasional blip into his own mind. Given his typical air, Shieo had been standing with a rather relaxed form, both hands had returned to their pant pockets and he had the ever so slight incline in his back.
During the time Hoshi spoke. Shieo had inevitably come to the conclusion he recognized the voice, although only somewhat piecing it together. It took almost the entire speech before Shieo's eyes flickered with some sort of realization.

"--Well, if you don’t mind today Shieo, would you like to train? Only if you’re up for it.”

"Hmn...? Oh- Yeah sure... No harm in learning what I can." He paused and stared as Hoshi started to stretch, at this point he tugged his arm out and snapped his finger. "It was Hoshi right...? Think so at least." Only attributed to his expression was a momentary tap of his chin before he let it pass over in his mind.
Taking queue of the potential movement of one's body, simply off the basis that Hoshi had been stretching. Shieo too, although with much less umph; has begun to stretch to. Beginning with his neck, working down to his arms with some rather standard movements. Perhaps one strange feature of this whole ordeal whilst he performed the movements was his expression remained unchanged, almost stony- And not a single sound escaped him. Minus the sounds of the dirt scuffing of his clothing brushing against himself.

Once he felt ready he tucked both hands back into his pockets. "Alright. Think I'll be good to move a little bit, hm.."

[WC = 344]

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Yeah, Hoshi! From the class!”

Hoshi had completed all his stretches, from the neck down to his ankles. He was feeling loose as if every knot in his muscle was freed. An exasperated yawn followed shortly after a sigh of relief. The same time Shieo exclaimed he was ready to proceed as well. Hoshi gave a smirk and rubbed his chin. First he’d start off with the hand seals in case Shieo was unfamiliar with the jutsu in use for the lesson today. It was mixture of elemental seals and Hoshi ran through them theee times at a moderate pace.

“It’s the hand seals for a basic anbu technique, ‘Active Camo.’ It’s really basic anbu stuff, so these jutsus are released to the public to help Shinobi who aren’t even in anbu. But, if they have simple jutsu like these, there’s no telling what anbu can really do.”

After his last run through of seals, it allowed his chakra to activate, he would utilize a lesser, more novice version of the technique. His chakra began to fuse with lighting around him, Hoshi would appear to become blurry, an overcharge of this camo from an extra boost of energy caused Hoshi to vanish in thin air, leaving only a wispy wind of his previous existence. He hadn’t moved at all, his camo just naturally blended in with his environment, light, shade, color, and even form. A few seconds later Hoshi would dispel the jutsu, revealing himself in a shroud of attenuated smoke.

“Let’s see you try, once you get the hang of it, give it a last push, and overcharge the camo suit until you have vanished. This is useful for hiding at anytime, and it allows for some movement to while maintaining the suit. Once you’ve mastered it, it can be a really resourceful tool.”

Wc 305

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Giving a simple nod in acknowledgement when Hoshi affirmed he was who he was. Afterwards Hoshi had wasted little time in the process of shifting his attention towards the display of the handseals; this inevitably drew Shieo's eyes down to the young-boys hands as he sifted through each seal with practiced ease.

"Hm.. Okay" Drawing his own hand up to his cheek, he scratched it a few times and started pondering the functions of the technique. And of course how the actual jutsu itself affected himself and gathered the data to replicate the visuals of the area around the caster. Naturally, most shinobi gather a knack for this sort of thing through trial and error- problem with that methodology for Shieo was it took too long. So his eyes glazed over, the delve into his mind had begun and he suspected he would be like this for a minute or two.

And so, such approximations were somewhat accurate. Shieo has sort of gone into a daze for a minute and forty-two seconds. "An ANBU technique hm...? Never thought I'd practice something like this. Although it may come in handy I guess..." he had thought in part, until he snapped back into reality a bit. And suspected to see a rather confused Hoshi. "Alright... Guess I aught to give it a try, huh." In Shieo's ever apathetic tone, he brought both hands outside of their pockets and drew them closer to one another. Stretching each finger a moment afore he connected them and begun to weave with careful precision- and exceptionally slowly for a few runs, given the distinct lack of expressive strain; it could be easily assumed he wasn't channeling chakra either.
Anyone who ever saw Shieo train, knew that it was rare that he expended much chakra when getting the muscle memory down, or even the fundamental understanding down. As such he paced his actions until he could comfortably weave and string through the seals that were presented prior, once he could do them with little effort- his motions were emphasized with rather quick and nimble seals; as if a mastered hand for jutsu had been given a tool.

Eventually dropping either hand to his sides, he spun around very slowly, envisioning the area that surrounded him. Capturing in his mind the sights of how the wind brushed against the grass, how the dirt lofted with a gentle coarseness- and of course Hoshi.
Upon feeling confident in his imagery, he stopped his motions and returned to facing towards Hoshi. A calm hwuff escaped his lips as he took a deep breath and exhale. Resuming the seals, with swiftness and alacrity suggesting he was quite certain of the act of the technique. This was only attributed in affirmation with the visible flickering his image nearly as soon as he started the seals- chakra was flowing and at an incredible rate. Every passing second slowly masked his body in an invisible layer of disguising chakra to the surroundings. Upon finalizing and establishing some measure of success; given his appearance was considered otherwise invisible to the naked eye, he had done as suggested and bursted the chakra through the technique and begun to make a slow paced walk; the passing minute flickers in his form were visible- given he was only a beginner at the technique. But the movements seemed fluid enough for a foundation of practice.

A few paces later, and he let the chakra dissipate and the refractive chakra faded in turn. Revealing the ever relaxed Shieo with both hands tucked away in his pant pockets. "Hm... Seems like I'll have some room for improvement- But I think I get the jist of the technique. For that, thank you." And perhaps the most disappointing moment of all this, was his non-changing monotone and apathetic sounded words.

"Regardless, I'll work on it. Perhaps at home, or against Yuii-sensei to see if she can catch on... But I s'pose in a sense I'll owe you some instruction down the road too, huh.."

[670 WC | 3/5 Posts]

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Hoshi revealed the exercise, Shieo seemingly paid attention in his own way. Hoshi throughout his presentation would remain calm and move accordingly. Everything was detailed, and he made sure he articulating every word. After his own personal demonstration, Shieo already hinted at notion that it was his turn. Hoshi would nod once, and smirk. His demeanor was rather nonchalant, hands in his pockets, he seemed cool and collected. His ease of character made Hoshi feel at ease about being young, and helping someone older although, Hoshi still needed help with this jutsu as well. Shieo’s run through of the seals revealed his prevalent attention to detail.

“Nice, good work.”

Eventually after a series of test runs, Shieo began to take it serious. His signs were quick and accurate, along with his observation of his environment. His camo took effect slowly and began to envelope the giant Shinobi. His current state of presence was diminishing before his own very sight. It was now in full effect, and Shieo was testing the depths of the waters. Hoshi grinned at his success with the jutsu after he dispelled the technique and revealed himself in plain sight. Hoshi would clap at and agree with the man.

“I myself need more training in the jutsu too. I’ve recently just learned it so, I’m still getting the full effect of it. Now, phase two.”

Hoshi wove another set of seals that ended with a nip of his thumb from his teeth drawing blood. He slammed the hand in the ground.

“Contract summoning!”

A four foot otter Shinobi adorned in yellow armor appeared in a cloud of interstellar smoke which faded in a short time. Mizumi had arrived, the mute otter who stood with her hands at her side, still and straight as an unbending and deeply rooted tree.

“Mizumi is my contract summoning, of the marine mammal pact. Her being an otter she has a keen and abnormal sense of vibration. Her sonar call can detect a presence from sound or vibration. Our task, is to evade her for a minimum of 3 minutes.”

Wc 349

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Adjusting his weight to his right foot, he observed silently while Hoshi mused some on the topic. With the eventual stage two being announced by Hoshi; Shieo's demeanor seemed to shift a paradigm to his typical stance of why me. The change is subtle, as much down to the simple change in how much his eyes are lidded, and they become ever so slightly more lidded when he reaches this stage.

Given the display of the contract summoning, a simple arched brow extended in his expression. So he knows contract summoning as well.. Quite the impressive talent he is. It's no wonder he got to where he is. as he thought through the motions. The indication of hiding from a highly sensitive sonar-based otter came up, and as such the visual of the armored otter in turn.
Canting his head ever so slightly to the side; he observed her for a moment and then proceeded to crouch down, both hands still tucked away in his pockets. "Interesting creature you are... I'm Shieo- I'd appreciate it if you let me win. But 'ey... Guess I'll still have to try a little bit-- To make it convincing, huh." giving a momentary wink. He glanced up to Hoshi, and shrugged his shoulders as if giving in to the event. "S'pose I'm as ready as I'll ever be."

Posing himself to a stand, he tapped the toes of his shoes against the ground twice. One at a time; then tugged either hand from his pockets and let out a heaved sigh. At this point his actions were practically oozing apathy, but nevertheless he entertained the motions.

Drawing both hands together, he carefully weaved through the seals and the flickering image of Shieo inevitably faded into the refracted light of his surroundings- surely it wouldn't help against something with sonar. But it didn't hurt to invest some time into practicing it, since he was here after all. Given the logical choice, Shieo figured the average sonar creature will send and receive their data from their head; where their vocals come from. So he made a quick- and to the best of his ability, silent. Move towards the back of the creature- give or take a few meters.

[372 WC | 4/5]

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As he summoned began to fully manifest, Hoshi was already weaving seals to activate his camo once again. Shieo commended the creature who looked at him with soft yet focused on eyes. Her body didn’t shift in any way, and she did not utter a single word, but the look in her eyes would give all the emotion. Oppose to Shieo’s relaxed behavior which could be confused with contentment. Her was similar, but it would appear as if she couldn’t understand the words of choice. But she could comprehend well, far better than most would at least.

Hoshi’s camo has taken full effect, the same time Shieo had finished his own statements. He was quick to enact his own jutsu and become one with the environment. It was a simple hunter and prey. Hoshi would begin to move, retreating away from Mizumi slowly, making sure every step was light and quick. His retreat was some distance away, meanwhile Shieo elected another route. His unorthodox convention of handling the situation could possibly pin point him to the right direction, or make it easier for capture. No matter, the otter kept her eyes closed, counting to a high number. Eventually the black beady eyes opened and she saw no one behind her. Her beacon went off silently, it would only be audible to creatures sensitive enough to the low of a vibration.

Her first wave cleared, she didn’t find anything. Although Shieo was directly behind her, he managed to be so still as to not alert her sonar. Hoshi was too far out of range. The chase was on as Mizumi began dashing around the area. Hoshi stayed on the move, he had already tried Shieo’s plan of attack and would work, so long as you don’t flinch a centimeter. Eventually Hoshi was pinged on her sonar, Mizumi triangulated his position to intercept him. After a minute or so of hide and seek, Mizumi successfully cut off Hoshi and revealed him. He gave up with his hands up. As Hoshi walked back to the original site, Mizumi had already beaten him. She was now standing behind Shieo, breathing down his neck.

“I think that’s it for us. She knows you’re there. It’s actually a great idea, I’ve tried too once. But, the slightest movement while she is searching, and she’ll be able to pinpoint your location. Unless, you stay on the move or out of range. Anyway, it was nice training with you Shieo-San. Maybe next time you can teach me something!”

Hoshi gave a thumbs up and signaled Mizumi. Mizumi would bow to the Shinobi once he revealed himself and follow after Hoshi.

Wc 442

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It didn't take terribly long for Shieo to position himself just a bit aways from Mizumi; and for the most part it appeared as if his plan had worked. So whilst Mizumi had trailed off to hunt down her summoner. Shieo was left to maintain his position in stillness, nestled near a few shrubs. As if acting to utilize their own movement as to cover his small inconsistencies- After all a human couldn't be stone still. He knew this, despite his best efforts.

So while the rustling and flickering movements of the others participating he idly watched, the gentle relaxing breeze against his skin and the shrubs nearby somewhat lulled him as well, into a state of listless drifting. It wasn't before long that Hoshi was discovered and caught by Mizumi. Unfortunately for Shieo, that meant that he was the next prime target for hunting- sure he figured, if he was the last to be caught that is ideal. However, it meant he'd have to resume moving and acting lucid.

Huff, huff--- huff

Such were the sound he came to hear in the back of his mind-- Or perhaps it was just behind him. Slowly, ever so slowly he had turned to look back and noticed a staring Mizumi. Given he was caught, despite being somewhat disguised, his eyes shifted into a closed slit all while he smiled gently. "Bugger, you caught me, huh." Exhausting the chakra, he allowed the camouflage drift away and the image of the relaxed man re-surfaced. Given this state of loss, he stood up and wandered back out to the open to meet with Hoshi, and figuring Mizumi would have followed along for the short ten-meter distance.

“I think that’s it for us. She knows you’re there. It’s actually a great idea, I’ve tried too once. But, the slightest movement while she is searching, and she’ll be able to pinpoint your location. Unless, you stay on the move or out of range. Anyway, it was nice training with you Shieo-San. Maybe next time you can teach me something!”

"Appears that's the case... For a normal animal, or mammal; to evade sonar you simply avoid their range of the sonar- it appears hers extends passed just her front-facing. Might be partly my fault for getting caught in the gentle sway of the bushes.. Oh-well." Casting a brief shrug, both his hands inevitably like fate; found their ways into his pant pockets. "Of course, it would be disrespectful to not extend knowledge to another who themselves, have taken it upon themselves to share some knowledge."

After Hoshi motioned to Mizumi, her in turn providing a bow. He smirked ever so slightly, giving a gentle bow. "Nice training with you too Mizumi. But I aught to return home; I should probably be resting after these past few weeks. -- Farewell Hoshi-kun and Mizumi-chan." Tilting his head with a smile, suggestive of a wave without hands, in order to alleviate the awkwardness of parting. And then decidedly departed.

[Exit Thread]
[WC = 499 | 5/5]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back