Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Starting Line [Private]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hato_zps1a3ed237.jpg
Tori_zps2539206e.jpg

Titan2_zps1ba304c9.png
Titan2_zps1ba304c9.png

The duo found themselves in another office, as they usually did, awaiting the arrival of the elusive head mistress of the academy. While the change had been in place for a while, intelligence had only just got her record from an undisclosed location. It seems she was just who they needed to be put in charge of such a pivotal position in the village. However, getting her to play ball was probably going to be the difficult part. No matter the type of person, asking them to do something that had a bad predisposition was always a daunting task. So, it was up to Hato and Tori to make their targets see the good behind their actions, and the benefit it will have in the future.

In their time waiting, Tori had her personal arbalest out while messing with the rounds it held, and Hato was busy searching for surveillance bugs in all the standard locations and even some more obscure ones. While they were not going to be illegal in the slightest, he thought that even the headmistress might enjoy a little privacy just as he would. If there was one thing he did everyday, it was check his office and home for bugs or cameras. He was paranoid like that. Tori just giggled at him and aimed her arbalest as his back side, imagining what it might be like to shoot him in the butt. Oh what a scene this would be for the head mistress to walk in on. Hato on his hands and knees looking into a cupboard, and Tori aiming to shoot him in the ass.

---

Meanwhile in a coffee shop a couple blocks down, Ishikawa Kioku is eating a bagel.

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Nara Kotaza, iNPC​

She had never imagined that her path from Hell would bring her here. Honestly, it had been more than enough time to forget and forgive, but Kotaza was a vicious creature of guilt and spite. If there was one thing she suffered from, it was that she could not let go of the past. Ever the enticing little actress, Kotaza had spent her many years after her return from a secluded village in Lightning Country pretending she was rehabilitated. The Nara woman would save face, not for her own sanity (which had shattered many years ago) but for the sake of her two children. She didn’t want her sins to be their downfall. Yoku had many great things coming to him in the near future. He was bright and wiser than his years. Yes, he had a keen insight that belonged only to a true Nara. Not to mention his protective nature towards his sister. That attitude could easily be transferred to his future team mates with a little bit of training. However, he wanted nothing to do with Kotaza. Which was understandable. She was never much of a mother.

So when the opportunity came along to become his teacher instead of a parent, she obviously took it. It was her only way to indirectly guide him through his training to become a shinobi of Cloud. She was quite shocked when Takaki Masao had approached her. She had never taught, but proved to be skilled in handling teams of younger ninja in her exams and missions before. Not to mention it was a delicious irony she couldn’t pass up. After all, the title had belong to a certain deranged dipsomaniac who threatened her very life and peace. He was reduced to nothing, vanishing without a single trace of his alcoholic scent, and Kotaza was left to rise from the ashes to take what was his. If he should ever return, why he’d be in for quite a shock. She didn’t foresee it though. He was gone, just as Obito was and Kira before him. They were all gone. One day she would be too.

The neotenic headmistress had stepped away from her office for a lunch break. Really it was only a mental preparation for her appointment. She really had no idea who these two were, or why they wanted to deal with her. Were they here to blackmail her about her dark past? Did they know about ‘that’? Ever since Obito had transformed her, Kotaza was quick on her toes to run and defensive towards most people. After all, no one in this village had proved to her yet that they could be trusted. When she had arrived, she silently swung the door open. One was rummaging through her things, something that could have easily set Kotaza off. The other was, well…Ridiculous. Aiming her weapon at the man, she had a glint of mischief in her eyes that Kotaza use to identify with. Clearing her throat, the Nara hoped to draw attention to herself.

I see you’ve made yourself comfortable. Look, I’m not one for small talk. I am a very busy woman and I’ve haven’t got all day. My name is Nara Kotaza, but I assume you already know. What can I do for both of you today?” She lightly pushed Tori’s hand down to lower the deadly weapon she so carelessly pointed and then walked across the room to shut a cabinet Hato was searching. Kotaza’s no nonsense eyes of emerald dust gazed between the two.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hato_zps1a3ed237.jpg
Tori_zps2539206e.jpg

Titan2_zps1ba304c9.png
Titan2_zps1ba304c9.png

Awkward indeed.

As Kotaza cleared her throat, the unseen eyes of Hato widened and a small reddening of his cheeks commenced. Standing up, he brushed off his knees and turned to face the woman who was grossing the room. It was at this time he noticed Tori and her handbolter, sending her a wild look of scorn. Thankfully, the type of person they were dealing with wasn't going to make a fuss about things, and that meant Hato could explain what he was doing as well as remedy the situation. "Thank you for speaking with us, we apologize for the unfortunate scene you happened upon. Unfortunately, I had to make sure that your office wasn't bugged so we could have our conversation in private." he began, hoping to gain some sympathy for his actions. But the woman was one who was short on time, and he would continue.

"Nara Kotaza, I am Hato, and this is Tori, and we represent a certain corporation based in lightning country. While normally we take a different tact with those we speak to, you are different." he said with a small smile. Tori then spun her bolter, and stuck it into her holster before speaking. "You have seen the unnecessary oppression a government... no, a tyranny can place upon people. Hayata Shin may preach benevolence, but we know this is far from the truth. He is but a pawn to those under him, incapable of truly trying to make change happen." she said with a frown, he hands seemed to be clinched. Perhaps she too had personal experience under the Hayata regime.

If there was any chance that Kotaza was a normal woman, than this meeting was a mistake. But the intelligence given to them had suggested otherwise. Hato cleared is throat and began once again. "That being said, there is one truth in all of the world. One thing that leads to change in the a nation. While slow, the changing of education is necessary. If we change how things are taught in the academy, if we show the students that this government cannot be trusted, perhaps they will be more careful and skeptical of Big Brother." he said, looking to Tori. "Perhaps they won't make the same mistakes as we have, and not trust in something that can so easily betray them..." the young woman said, her voice trailing with a hint of sorrow.

Hato took a moment to let Tori regain composure before finishing. "The Titan Corporation seeks out to right the wrongs of oppressive regimes, and we have helped many within Kumogakure who have been betrayed and taken advantage of by the government. We are here to seek an alliance with you. Nara Kotaza, with your position of head mistress, you are capable of doing the most good for Kumogakure, but not only the village, but the country itself. And if you feel it's beyond saving..."

Tori looked at the Nara, a subtle hate in her eye. "Then help us destroy it.

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Nara Kotaza, iNPC​

There was no need. I’ve swept my office several times. Old habits die hard. You never know who is out to blackmail your ass.” She seemed sweet and fine, but as her little rant processed onwards her voice descended towards what could only be known as embitterment and paranoia. Two things Kotaza was very commonly associated with. “Excuse me. What I meant was, I do enjoy my privacy as much as the next gal.” Her lilting giggle was tainted with rough edges and cracks. Her old persona couldn’t hide behind a flawless mask as it once had. She let introductions continue onwards. They were tied to a corporation? She couldn’t imagine that any legal corporation would seek her out. The woman continued to listen as she sauntered towards her chair, sliding onto the seat subtly as Tori nerved herself against faint memories of that past that could only bubble rage. It was in that moment that the little shadow was actually intrigued. She leaned forward, placing her elbows on the desk.

Tori was right. Hayata Shin was nothing but a passive dreamer whose hippy ideals were crushed under the strength of his corrupt Sennin. She really had no evidence to trust them, especially after what they let Souseiki do to her. Not to mention the power was violent and unstable. Sennin passed in and out like strangers in a brothel house. She was surprised that the Lobster Kage had kept his position for so long without any attempts on his life. Maybe it was due to the fact that he was so absent in the lives of his shinobi and those in seats of power were so pleased to do as they desired.

So, they needed her to mold the minds of children. She was sitting in the perfect spot, but she would not be controlled so foolishly again. Kotaza knew it would be hasty to take their offer now. Nor did she think it a good idea. She was risking so much. Her son and daughter were so important to her and they were in the academy now. Just what did she want for them? It was when she was thinking this that Tori had spoken words that Kotaza identified with so well. The Nara felt pity and deep empathy for the woman. Her vastly deep green eyes reflected the sorrow.

The Titan Corporation. They obviously weren’t a nihilist faction and because of that Kotaza was slightly more prepared to accept the alliance. She wanted to find importance in something bigger than self-gain. A force that could invoke a better world for her children, one that would use them as it had her. She wasn’t sure if anarchy was a pool she wanted to dive headfirst into. The sultry siren finally raised her eyes towards the two as they closed their little advertisement. A bit of silence passed. The chestnut haired jounin’s frame quivered with detained laughter until it was released under her breath.

Ahh…I’m sorry. It’s just,” she giggled a bit more. “You do know who I am right? I assume you’ve done your research on me. I’ve been tricked in the past by a few “good” men who promised me a better life. Well, I don’t quite care about myself anymore.” She stood up, taking a few files with her. She occupied her hands by slipping them into filing cabinets. “However, I do care about my children. I simply cannot risk stirring up trouble for myself with our government. Sticking my neck out for you is just not an option I’m willing to take. I have no guaranteed safety, no proof you can be trusted, or any evidence that you and your corporation are capable of executing any ideals you believe in. My children cannot have a mother branded of treason, which is the highest of crimes for people like us, and forced to carry that shame throughout their lives.

Promptly, the headmistress crossed her way towards the door with swaying hips and grim smile. “Now, unless you have more to say,” her hand wrapped around the door knob, twisting it painfully slowly, “I think our meeting is over.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hato_zps1a3ed237.jpg
Tori_zps2539206e.jpg

Titan2_zps1ba304c9.png
Titan2_zps1ba304c9.png

Tori looked at the Nara, a subtle hate in her eye. "Then help us destroy it.

Her laughter was unexpected, but her explanation of such behavior was. It turns out their little display had brought back memories of times past, and justified thoughts they were. But Tori also smiled, suppressing a chuckle before speaking. Looking at the woman across from her as she finished, she did not get up from her seat. They had done their research, and knew about her previous...men. However, Hato did step up when she had, out of respect but simply faced to turn to her as she moved to the door. But Tori just had to say it, there was no stopping her. "Why don't you stop trusting in men." she countered with a wink toward the mother. Hato rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"In all seriousness, you were not the only one targeted by Souseiki. Another of our associates happens to have been a victim of his. A one Inuzuka Gekido. Do you know of him?" Hato inquired shortly before continuing. "Per our reports on that situation, the previous main branch sennin's actions were not sanctioned by the village and the ANBU had even been assigned to protect his family. That is only the surface of the corruption that power can bring to a man. And don't think that ANBU was being kind either. They were attempting to diffuse a potentially explosive situation between the former missing nin and the sennin. I do believe ANBU never leaves Gekido side even to this day. Well that is until recently." Hato said with a sly smile.

"But none of this is really what you want to hear. You wanna know how your sweet babies will be protected from people like them, village included." Tori said, now standing and looking at Kotaza. "What we ask of you is not treasonous at all. We are not requesting you turn the academy against the village, but rather, open the minds of your students instead of training them to be heartless machines. There is a vital part of humanity that is lost through the harsh training of this place, and it is that vital part that makes humanity strong. We don't predict any repercussions from this decision at all." Tori said after some thought, thinking back to their previous study before this meeting.

"Of course, if you are worried you could always come live in our secure facility, with your family. We run our own academy for recruits there, should you wish your children to still be educated and trained into elite operatives. We have no ties to the government aside from the business licenses we own. And when we say secure, we mean it. There are things down in that hole that even we don't know about-- and our clearance is pretty high." Hato concluded with a frown. That was the thing. Their project was still in it's preliminary stages, and could not show for the ideals they hope to see come to fruition. That might even be the point at which she refused. But Tori still had something to say.

"Kotaza-san. You may not trust us, nor do you care for yourself in that regard. But your actions may change the future for your children. Think wisely of your decision, as continuing down the path where the village brainwashes your children is a dangerous one. Eventually they won't give a shit about your shame or pride, and will gladly impale you on the end of a sword if they were given that order." she said before making her way to the door. "Come on Hato. Give her it and let's bounce." she grunted, a serious look of grief on her face.

The silver haired man reached into his pocket and pulled out a business card. "Whether you take what we say seriously or not, you'll find our headquarters at that location. If you need something, let us know." he finished and handed the card out for her to take before going on his way.

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Nara Kotaza, iNPC​

Tori had tenacity, that much Kotaza admired. She saw a lot of herself in the woman. They were of close age, Kotaza judged. Kindred spirits, no doubt. But, that wasn’t going to sway her to accept their offer with haste. Hato seemed to have a more serious handle on the situation. As that vile name passed through his lips, Kotaza gripped the door knob so hard her knuckles bloomed white spots of frustration. They really did do their research well, she’d hand them that.

Inuzuka Gekido: The ANBU captain that had fled Kumogakure, only to be dragged back by his fool of a wife and forced to beg for mercy. The least his wife could of done was spare him that shame and take to the vagabond life with him. If she had been given the chance to do the same with Obito, would she though? Regardless, his name was infamous in Cloud. She knew it well and even remembered hearing about Souseiki’s treacherous involvement with the man. Back then, she had only heard a glimpse of information about it. Nothing more than that Souseiki had found something new to play with. She didn’t know what he had meant. By the time the more noble Sennin of Cloud had discovered, Souseiki had vanished. According to Hato, even now the situation wasn’t being handled fairly.

She understood now why Tori and Hato were sent to her in a pair. They worked so well together. Hato was cool and factual, appealing to the uncouth side of Kotaza that calculated her every step. While Tori worked to pluck at her emotional side, connecting with the kunoichi and daring to trespass on the subject of her children. A smart move made by Titan Corporation. They were offering the exact things Kotaza needed to hear from them. A secure place to live and a rather reasonable job to carry out as headmistress of the academy.

Tori had one last thought to share with the mother. One last thought that tipped her over to the winning side. Be careful. Stumble around in the dark and you might wound up impaled on the edge of my sword. The duo was making their way out. She had a split second to decide if she would take the chance or let them walk away and forget about what she had heard today.

Wait.

I don’t want you near my children. Not one word to them. Don’t you dare ever think one single thought about using them against me, or so help you…I will destroy your little operation. I’m mad enough to do it and I haven’t got much to lose. Have we got a deal? I ask this one thing and I’ll help you."

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hato_zps1a3ed237.jpg
Tori_zps2539206e.jpg

Titan2_zps1ba304c9.png
Titan2_zps1ba304c9.png

"Wait."

As the duo were making their exit, her single word halted their progress. Tori's hidden expression stretched into a smile, Hato however remained blank. But as they turned around however, both the Titan agents seemed prepared for some comment the woman was about to make with different emotions written on their visage. Hato seemed curious, and Tori honestly appeared to be fed up. But it was all an act, wasn't it?

As Kotaza made her one conditional clear as day, Hato looked to Tori. What were they thinking; were they even considering this? had they already planned on targeting her children? The possibilities were endless! But it was Hato who would now speak. "I believe we can agree to that, yes. Shall we talk then?" he suggested and returned to his seat in her office. Tori followed suit, but something was definitely on her mind. Perhaps some exception to her condition...yes that was it. The dark haired woman looked to the headmistress and smirked. "Nara-san, what if your children happened to come to one of Titan's recruiting stations, what would you have us do?" she inquired softly. There was a recruiting station right outside of the academy doors, and it was possible that her children might stop by.

It was a valid question, so Hato would wait to hear the answer before getting into details about what they had in mind for the changes in curriculum.

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Nara Kotaza, iNPC​

"Nara-san, what if your children happened to come to one of Titan's recruiting stations, what would you have us do?" Kotaza hated the stupid smirk on the woman's mouth. Unamused, Kotaza stared coldly into her eyes. She thought about the question for a minute, holding her head high in pride for what she was about to say. "I wouldn't worry about that. My children have no interest in people such as yourselves. My son dreams to become an ANBU, I'm sure he wouldn't do anything to hurt his chances. As for my daughter, well, she is a sweet girl who wants as little involvement in a world full of fighting and bloodshed as possible." The Nara headmistress seemed overly proud to know she had control over them that TITAN never would. But, she could never be too careful. An overlooked possibility had been her downfall several times in her life. "If by some cataclysmic chance they do approach you, turn them away. It's that simple. If you can't show your competency in turning away school children, then consider yourself a target of mine." The young siren of emerald eyes smiled ever-so-sweetly. She knew that this was all finished. She'd have the last word, and so, dismissed the two out of her office without much else to say except the cordial goodbyes.

[Topic Left]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hato_zps1a3ed237.jpg
Tori_zps2539206e.jpg

Titan2_zps1ba304c9.png
Titan2_zps1ba304c9.png

It was amusing to see her think that Titan would turn away school children. Investing in the future of the company was the most lucrative way of getting paid for a recruiter. It was a pretty penny the individual would make if they snagged anyone twelve or under. And, just maybe, if Kotaza's children somehow took interest, then it seemed like Kotaza would become expendable if that were to happen. Pretty interesting indeed.

"Thank you for your time." spoke Hato. As they turned to leave, they looked at each other, making sure no one was around to hear them. "Two for the price of one may be a cost we need to incur." mumbled Hato. Tori simply nodded her head. Two for one... indeed.

[TOPIC GONE]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back