Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Temple Hidden in the Void [Free/Open]

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”So this is the Temple of Five? This is where the religious denizens of Iwagakure congregate to show their dedication and their fear of their religious deities,” Akechi said to himself, grinning as he arrived in the large plateau. He didn’t really know where he was going, but wandering around a strange place on a brand new adventure provided him with a feeling of excitement. Not that the place was all too exciting because it wasn’t, or even that he was a deeply religious individual because he wasn’t. It was simply that the place was new to him. On the flip side, the architecture and general ambiance of such a place kept it from being too boring. The visual orgasm that was this religious palace was rather inviting to him, it almost felt as if he should be standing on a throne accepting the gifts of the gullible.

Then again. Wasn’t that the wish of every individual that found themselves bathed in poverty? I mean, that was what it meant to be human, correct? Envy? Vanity? Greed? Vice? That was what experience had taught the man, and even trained him, nurtured him in the most devastating of all vices. Wrath. Though he did not act as such or even carry himself in such a manner, he was wrath’s incarnate.

”I’m not a very religious person. Even back when I was still in the Uchihan Compound, I still placed more value in the laws of science and reality than something ambiguous like religion,” the man said to himself again, aimlessly making his way through various hallways until he finally reached the very center of the temple. He noticed that each area within the “temple” was architecturally different in both extravagance and stylistic theme. Though he didn’t enter each area, he noticed that each section seemed to have an elemental theme with it, each with its own artistic vision of said elements.

However, this place, the middle of the area was a bit different. It felt different, not just because of its external influence but also because of the ominous energy that flowed about. Just what was this place?

Akechi didn’t like it…

”This is a weird shrine for a god. I wonder which element this represents…”

[Entering Topic]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Bells could be heard echoing throughout the halls as the pink haired gypsy travels around the temple of the five. She was looking for Nature’s Clinic, which was supposed to be somewhere around this area. She wish to know more about the shamans of Stone. She had bangles around her wrists and ankles that had bells which shook with every step. The acoustics were quite good as thus like the gypsy she is she begins to sing.
if you are lost in your way
deep in an awesome story
don't be in doubt and stray
cling to your lonesome folly

now you're too close to the pain
let all the rain go further
come back and kiss me in vain
mother oh do not bother

hear the chorus of pain
taking you back to proper ways
it's so easy to find
if you could remind me

now you are lost in your way
deep in an awesome story
so I will find you again
kiss you for lonesome folly
<i></i>​

Normally she would be weaving some sort of genjutsu into her music, but she was unaware that she had an audience. It wasn’t until she was close to the end of the song she sees Akechi. “Hey do you know where the Nature’s Clinic is? I’m a little lost in my way.” Of course she had no idea that Akechi was a visitor to Stone, otherwise she probably wouldn’t have asked.

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”A song?” He found himself captivated by the beautiful sound of the woman’s voice, ringing through the hall as he glared forward. He believed himself to be alone but the woman’s voice was a nice change of pace, especially after the darker thoughts that he seemed to have been having lately. Her voice was uplifting; it was mesmerizing. Naturally, he had no clue as to what the song actually meant or who it referred to, but the mere tone of voice simply resonated with him and calmed him to a certain extent.

Looking over his shoulder, he called back to her with a playful grin on his face. ”That’s a beautiful song. What’s it about, Miss?” Akechi asked, waiting for the woman to get a bit closer as he turned toward her. Honestly, it had been a long time since he had heard a song like this. It was whimsical and damn near enchanting. Gone from it were the harsh tones of war songs or the young pirates that had befriended. It was simple and delicate. It was a welcome change from what he was too…

”Nature’s Clinic? I haven’t heard of it before. You see, I’m not from around here…” Akechi responded to her question, quite surprised that the little lady was lost in what he thought was her homeland. Perhaps, he was wrong though. Maybe she was from somewhere else. ”I guess you are just a weary traveler as well? They say that all of the mentally fatigued seem to congregate in this temple here, praying to gods that they hope can hear them. And those that can hear them, they pray that these gods would only help them through the day. It’s depressing…”

Before you knew it, Akechi was formally bowing his head to the woman. It was what they considered a greeting in Sunagakure. ”My name is Akechi. Pleased to meet you. And you are?”

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
She could not help but feel a little offended from his statement. She might not worship the gods of this temple, but she does have my own deities. From this guy’s statement she could only guess that he had no gods to claim as his own. Thankfully for him she is not the type to act on such emotions. “It was merely a simple song. The acoustics of this place is wonderful.” She gives a gentle smile towards the man as he introduces himself to her. “I am KItsune and if you like songs with meaning I do have one my mother would sing to me. I promise it to be fairly entertaining.” She was indeed a traveler and this sound will explain her travels.
can you hear the calling of the raving wind and water?
we just keep dreaming of the land 'cross the river
we are always on the way to find the place we belong
wandering to nowhere, we're paddling
down the raging sea

who can cross over such raving wind and water?
on the rolling boat we sit, shivering with coldness
come by an island, come by a hillock,
it's just another place, we paddle on
down the raging sea

but in one morning we'll see the sun
bright shining morning dew singing
they who will search will find the land
of evergreen

can you hear the calling of the raving wind and water?
we just keep paddling down the sea, up the river
no destination, but we are together
in the silent sadness we're paddling
down the raging sea
down to nowhere
<i></i>​

As she danced the bells around her wrist and ankles rang with each step. Like always she mixes and illusion with her sound to further enhance her art. To those who did not resist her charm would see couple of clones dancing with her. They stood in a circle facing inward with their left hand lifted up as if raising a glass of sake. Their arms crossed somewhere between the wrist and elbow thus creating a triangular shape in the center. They danced with graceful footsteps going both clockwise and counter-clockwise. When the song ends the clones fade leaving her just standing there. “So, what do you think?”

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Acoustics?” He asked rhetorically, repeating the term back to the woman as if he didn’t understand the meaning or the context. He understood the word, he knew what it meant. The young man also understood the frame of context, and what the woman meant when she explained that the acoustics in the temple, not the song, that caused the words that rhythmically flowed from her lips to sound beautiful. No. The “acoustics” weren’t what made this song beautiful. It was the pink haired lady that danced with her bells, singing a tune that Akechi had never experienced before. It was all rather entertaining, and the entertainment originated from the humble gyspy that sung her songs within these religious halls.

”I think it has more to do with you then the “acoustics.” It’s ok to accept a compliment from time to time, Kitsune-san.” Grinning mischievously, he propped himself up on a nearby wall as the woman offered to sing him another song. When he was ready, he would only simply nod to give her the ok, if she hadn’t started her act already. Bells rang with each and every step of her graceful dance. Each bell driving Akechi deeper and deeper into the young woman’s spell. As she twirled and her slim waist moved with the melody laid out before it by voice and instrument, Akechi could feel himself losing the capabilities of his other senses. His eyes only saw her and the duplicates that surrounded her. His ears were met with only the allure of the serene tone and the words that followed the same melody.

It was a Genjutsu, one that Akechi could decipher and even dispel…

But he didn’t want to…

Eventually, the beautiful song was at its end, met with clapping from Akechi. ”Bravo. Bravo,” he said kindly, his applause stopping shortly thereafter so that they could speak.

”Beautiful. Tell me. What’s a young songstress doing in a shinobi village? Seems like the civilian life would be much better suited to ya,” he grinned, pushing himself off of the wall and moving closer to the girl. ”Not unless you really are a thief, using a bit of Genjutsu and feminine wilds to take what you most desire.” He was mostly joking, but it wasn’t something that was necessarily unheard of. Bandits used women as bait all of the time. Poking fun was fun, wasn’t it?

”So tell me. What did you hope to find?”

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
This is Kitsune’s strength; it is true her illusions might not be as strong as other shinobi’s but she didn’t need it to be. Her illusions can be easily resisted but why would they want to? Her art is pleasing to the eye and ear. People tend not to resist and even open themselves to her genjutsu. Once she lured them in if she so chosen she could mix an illusion of will and because they aren’t resisting it is sure to succeed to cast. Sometimes it is better to battle with one’s mind then one’s strength. However this is an argument for another time for now Kitsune was merely being entertaining to the new visitor of Stone. “It is true I have been a civilian for a long time. I have been constantly traveling from place to place as a dancer; however I feel like I can contribute more to this world. I have decided to stay here and plant some roots.”<i></i> Kitsune walks around Akechi studying his appearance closely. “You looked to be a shinobi. I would like to ask a favor from you, if you don’t mind. It is a small and simple request. You see most of my family us use incantations written into songs while others like me use instruments. I hear you use your hands somehow to generate spells. Can you teach me these hand motions of yours?”<i></i>

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Stay here and plant roots? And by doing that, you can contribute to the world? Losing your freedom seems like a hell of a sacrifice for your ‘contribution.’ What will this contribution be?” Akechi questioned, the tone of his voice being more curious than anything. He honestly wanted to know how she felt on the matter because it was something that he was struggling with as well. There were goals that he had to accomplish, power that he needed to obtain, and people that he needed to punish. But what would he do after that. How would this world view him, and would he consider it to be enough after it was all said and done?

Whether he spoke about it or not, the man had struggled with these questions every day. Not having anyone to confide in was relatively difficult and it also forced him to find answers in the beliefs of others. He sought to quell his own pain, find answers for himself, and eventually find peace. It was probably the same dream of a family that everyone had but Akechi’s road to get to that point would be different than most…

If he ever reached that path anyways…

”What makes you think I use hand motions?” Akechi giggled, winking at the girl as black markings in his eyes surrounded by the deep sea of red began to spiral. Akechi’s genjutsu was a bit more potent than most. Surely, the girl could resist the dreamlike state that Akechi sought to place her in, but could she withstand the ocular power of the Sharingan. If her willpower faltered under the immense pressure of the godlike eyes, she would find herself within the realm of Tsukuyomi. Normally, Akechi would use this realm’s power to mentally assault his targets, however, this was just a demonstration.

”This is the power of the Sharingan. I have no need for handseals when it comes to casting Genjutsu.” The man spoke, his voice seemingly radiating off of the white walls that covered the room entirely. If the gypsy chose to inspect the room, she’d find that there was nothing but white for miles around. Even her shadow was white, if she attempted to look for it…

”Interesting, is it not?”

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune did indeed fall under Akechi’s spell and was not impressed. It was white; completely and utterly white. It was horrible; it lacked any creativity what so ever. This could quite possibly be the worst illusion she has ever seen in her entire life. Even during her novice years she made better illusions than this. Normally she is an easy going character, but this; this should not exist. This needs to burn in hell fire. When he asked if she she was impressed. She opens her mouth but no words came out for words could express how much she hated it. Eventually she finds her voice, “N-n-no, just no. Here allow me.”<i></i> She would stomp on the ground and attempt to over-write his illusion with her own false surroundings. If successful they would find themselves outside standing under a shrine arch. To his left were stairs of stone that lend into a beautiful garden of white roses. The rose bushes were arranged into a maze with a large elegant fountain in the center which could be seen from here. To his right was a large structure built in the traditional style. Next to each end of the arch was a large statue of a bird. By Kitsune was an owl and near Akechi was a crane. “Feel the breeze blowing across your cheek and smell the sweet scent of roses in the air. This is a real illusion. It is an art and is not meant to be taken lightly.”<i></i>
1380747413.whitemantis_templo_fr.jpg

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Not impressed? Then you don’t still don’t understand." Akechi giggled, staring at the woman with lifeless Sharingan eyes as the “scenery” around him began to change. To be honest, he could’ve stopped the woman right away but he simply allowed her to “dream.” It seemed like Kitsune believed that Genjutsu was about art; that it was about creativity and about making some type of illusionary paradise. It truly wasn’t. Genjutsu was nothing more than a weapon, a way to draw your enemies into a void and murder them without giving them much of a chance to respond. That was the truth…

This woman’s beliefs were nothing more than white wash. A flowery dream, filled to the brim in white roses and other bullshit that had no meaning in a battlefield. Perhaps this woman had the ability to dream in such a way but Akechi’s ability to do so had passed long ago. ”Genjutsu isn’t meant to be art.” The world around him began to crumble, red rain flowing from the sky of the illusion as it poured onto the woman’s creative expression of art. ”Taking it lightly is to consider it art.” Laughing could be heard all around the woman, Akechi clapping alongside its rhythm as he walked closer toward the girl.

”This world is about the emptiness. Hopelessness. Despair. And ultimately death. This is the world of Tsukuyomi… Perhaps you don’t know as much as you think about the Uchiha.” Akechi spoke, the laughing suddenly stopping upon his last statement. ”Maybe you aren’t equipped for this world. Quit being a shinobi. It isnt a life made for you.”

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It begins raining blood, which definably more beautiful than the white room. He was getting better but he still does not understand the purpose of illusions. She places a palm to her head. “Oh come on. You can’t simply charge in with it like it was a battle axe. You’re using it far too bluntly. Genjutsu is a lure meant to distract your opponent so you can stab them in the back with a knife.” Akechi would simply need to recall her previous illusions. They were beautiful and enticing; they drew him in. Like most people he does not resist because he doesn’t feel threaten by it. Because they feel unthreatened they open themselves to her and once that happen she can perform the killing blow. It is precision over force, but obviously thing one prefers force over precision. “Genjutsu is an art of diversion and misdirection. It is not something you just beat a person over the head with.” And he calls her unqualified for this life that’s quite a laugh. “We empty ourselves so we can be filled, we are hopeless because hope can mislead us and death is merely a step from one form of existence to another.” She didn’t mention despair because despair means lack of hope and she already cover that with hopeless. “I do not fear these aspects of the world; in fact I embrace them.” Akechi meet Kitsune the eternal optimist.

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”You are a funny character,” Akechi said softly, a maniacal laugh echoing throughout the illusion as he listened to the woman’s lecture. Honestly, he was having a hard time attempting to figure out exactly what she meant with analogies. They simply weren’t accurate. They were more of an odd joke than anything. ”Genjutsu is what you want it to be. However, an illusionist alters your mind and nervous system to influence an injury inducing response from the victim’s body. Simple really. If you want to throw art into the mix then fine but it’s inefficient and ultimately worthless on the battlefield.” Funny people these peace faring gypsy women were. Everything was “sugar and rainbows” with this girl. If this girl had never witnessed battle, witnessed death, despair or desperation, it wouldn’t be a stretch to imagine. She was naïve. The world was a beautiful flower, blossoming as the sun arose from the clouds and sleeping under nightfall…

At least that was what this woman thought. The truth was more depressing or hopeless as she would put it…

”It seems that I am at my limit. Anymore and I will overload your senses,” Akechi spoke, snapping his fingers to wake the girl from her “slumber.” Not much time had passed as the two found themselves staring at one another underneath of the oversized altar. Tsukuyomi was a very powerful technique that happened in seconds. Mere moments could be extended to days within the realm but with each second, the illusion grew deeper and more powerful. Quite simply, it was easy to lose one’s self within the realm. It was why, despite her annoying naiveté, he decided to end the illusion. Despite her rather optimistic beliefs or her assumptive vitriol of Akechi’s abilities, he really could’ve ended her life in a few seconds…

”Perhaps you should focus on learning a bit more about Genjutsu. Who knows. Looking outside of your “art” could change your life…”

And with that he waved to her. His time at the altar was over…

He had to get out of there before she started asking for a ring.

[Topic Left/Sorry about the wait. I've been a bit busy!]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back