Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Voting Booth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A stall outside of the Raikage Tower was set up by a team of Genin shinobi.

The candidates had been selected and the Council had sat in debate as to how this was going to be run. It was the first time for Kumogakure to have a vote like this, there were sure to be issues but the Council had for the most part accepted the wish of Hayata Shin and had decided to hold the elections that he wanted. However they had made a decision towards this after the nominations period.

They decided that this time (whether this would be the method for future or not) they would limit the nominations to one person per branch. This way they hoped that the best candidates would be put forward and the best candidates would be the ones people could vote for. They took into account that one of the nominates was unwilling to take part and so he was excluded from the list, which meant only one other from the Medical branch was also excluded, and though he had been following in his masters footsteps he had only been a Mednin for a short time so leading the village as a whole was not something the Council wanted to risk on his shoulders.

This meant that the nominee's for Raikage were:

Shinrya Kitsune representing the Medical Branch
Akira Saito representing the ANBU Branch
and
Shima Haruka representing the Main Branch

The Council were aware that having done this might receive criticism from the village, but they would take those comments and use them to help build a better process for future. The other thing they had decided to do was allow every villager to vote for up to two candidates. In this way they hoped that everyone would vote for all those candidates that they felt were fit to run the village, while at the same time should they like all three they were forced to select the one they didn't think could do as good a job as the other two.

They hoped that this would enable those who saw strength in two candidates to not feel that they were forced to select only a single option and thus the council hoped the best person for the job would be selected.

The voting would take place in this Voting Booth which had been created by several Genin on a mission to fulfil Shin's last wish. The Council hoped it worked.

Edit: The period for voting will be 1 week from this post. At that time we will close this thread and will check the number of votes for each candidate.
Edit 2: If you don't know how to link to your post then please PM me or another council member and we will guide you to how you can do this.
Edit 3: Resident Code expert Kitsune has given me the above form code.

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu seemed to be one of the first people to visit the voting stall as he approached to find the line not too terribly long. He had it in his mind from the start who he wished to vote for, but the village council had introduced an interesting wrinkle to the voting rules. Now he was allowed to choose a second candidate which gave him the opportunity to pick his two preferred candidates. The list of nominees had been shortened to three, as well, which helped with the choice a bit though admittedly they were the only three he would have considered regardless. He needed to consider the other two candidates now and decide which he thought would make the better Raikage should his first choice not win the election. He had thought about it a great deal since the announcements and had made a decision regarding the secondary candidate. He already knew his primary candidate of course, and now he was here to cast his vote. Several minutes passed as he waited in line, some of the voters taking a painfully long amount of time to deliberate inside the booth. One wondered why they couldn't have made their decision on their own time rather than forcing others to wait, but Ayumu was forced to deal.

At last, after a quarter of an hour it was his turn! Ayumu stepped into the booth and sat down. He had been provided an official ballet upon which to write his preferred candidates. Without hesitation he wrote down his vote and slipped it into the slot within the booth. With that done, his vote was cast. He stood and left the booth. For better or for worse, the next Raikage would be chosen by the people. Whether the people would choose correctly or not remained to be seen.

[Topic Entered / Left - Vote Cast]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nobuyuki stepped out of the voting both with a concerned frown. His talks with Haruka had given him insight into how the Council might have organized this vote, but the way they had limited things seemed no different than what he expected. Thankfully, he could see the wisdom in how they gave people the option of voting for two people. Yoru quickly glided from the perch he had taken and landed on the captain's should, seeking a small snack. As he walked away, vote cast, Nobuyuki gave a little treat to his faithful companion.

[Voted]

Norimoto Shusaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Smoking his last cigarette in the pack Shusaku tried to enjoy it, since the brand that he smoked could only be bought at this one specific place down town. The place where you can most likely buy freshly harvested organs for all he knew, you could never tell what that old geezer had under the counter. As he approached the voting box he remembered this one time he failed to return the illegal chemicals he found in this old warehouse as he was snooping around but at this point it didn't matter. He placed his voting paper inside watching the people around him and then he noticed this old lady with a huge mole on her face. Let's say this was enough to make him gag so he quickly turned around and rushed towards the unknown.

[voted]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Really? We're having Elections in Cloud? I peer at the genin-run booth with a leery eye. This smacks of some ploy to see who voted for who and them purge everyone in the middle of the night. That was how Old Cloud was run in my father's day.

Voting is Treason! Control is Freedom! Contradiction is Truth! That is the reality of this world! Listen well, you pigs in human clothing, and submit to that reality!

I realize I've just assumed a ridiculous-looking dictator's pose outside of the booth, and I just happen to be wearing high heels, a military miniskirt, and fuck-me pumps today. Jesus Saito, I hope no one saw that. I shake my head and enter the booth to vote. If a death squad comes to get me in the middle of the night, joke's on them! I haven't cleaned for weeks! There's trashbags full of used tissues all over the place, not to mention an entire scale model of the Torre Celeste made from Cup-Ramen. The cups, that is, not the actual ramen. Shit's tasty, yo. I wonder if this is actually some ploy by Hayata Shin to see if we'd actually fall for the rumors of his death and identify who actually tried to kill him. But nah, that's way too devious for our late, derpy, loveable lobster-smasher.

Okay, what the hell is up with these chads? I'm trying to make my mark and this thing is like hanging halfway out of the slot! How the hell do I vote? Did I just cast my ballot for Satan?

(Fuck yeah, Satan for Raikage! Nanananananananananana, SATANNNN)

Whatever, I can't deal with this. Let the machine sort it out. We all know Garfield's gonna win.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
”Y’know, Saeko-chan. You shouldn’t be doing poses like that without the intent to back them up.” Kitsune said as she walked past the girl, giving her behind a swat as she winked. Surely she wouldn’t really take offense to it, right? Either way, Kitsune headed inside the voting booth once it was her turn, and then cast her vote. It was a simple process, put an X in a box, and bam. Done deal.

[Topic entered, voted, then left]

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was the beginnings of an unusual day for Akira.

He'd finished writing a letter of his own to someone he didn't know... but that wasn't the strangest thing to happen.

A knock at the door.

Enter. He answered as he read the fifth version of the letter to check for mistakes and make sure he liked it.

Sir, you've been nominated for the Raikage elections. I thought you should know. The ANBU said.

Akira looked up at the man to check for any sign of humour. None. He had to think about this for a bit.

Who are the other candidates?

Kitsune the Medical Sennin and Haruka a main branch Jounin, she was head of some group or another.

He nodded slowly. It was interesting, he wondered who had nominated him for the position, though it could have been any number of ANBU or perhaps members of his family.

Thank you for the news. I shall go and cast my vote in a bit.

The ANBU bowed and left Akira pondering this situation.

[ooc: Posted and voted]

Fujitika Misa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-rank
Taba didnt realize know why she had to be here for this but as an active shinobi she had to take part in this election of the next raikage. "So lets see We have Mr saito and two others ive never actually heard about before." She said as she would look at the three boxes she didnt know much about the three but voted anyhow

{Topic entered,voted, Topic left}

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Exiting the booth, the mednin had a rather blunt face. It was no telling how things would turn out. The only thing he could do was wait. Surely, his vote would make a difference. "This is a long process." Junko thought as he began to make his way back to the hospital.

[topic Entered/left]

Yaban Hito

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hito walked into the voting area, annoyed at all of the people that was here. Too many people... With that in mind, he walked to the closest booth and cast his vote.

[voted/lolthiswordcount]

Tokugawa Hanzo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Fujimoto Shiro exited the voting booth feeling confident. *I am sure we will all be in good hands* he thought as he began to casually stroll away. He had given the options before him much thought, and no matter the selection in the end, he would be comfortable with the choice. Regardless, he had a busy day and was off on his way.

Akuro Kunashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kunashi strolled up to the voting booth, unsure of who he was going to pick. He had barely seen these people before, let alone interacted with them. But, this was an important moment for the Village, and Kunashi was determined to contribute to history. After casting his vote, he walked away, content with playing his part in Kumo's history.

[Topic entered/ voted/ left]

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As he entered the booth, Yuu wondered something as he started voting on his decision. Do kids like him even have to vote the leaders as well? Sure, his choice has a good reason on why, but he wondered what happened if a child might vote on somebody that he or she don't even know of their motives. Nevertheless, he exited the booth after he made at what he thought a good decision and muttered, "Well, there's some things I can't even think about it."

(OOC: Topic entered to vote and left.)

Yamaryuu Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Shin was gone... it was now time to elect someone new. Yukiko had to take part in this process, as it had to be someone she as a shinobi could back up in her Work.
she entered the booth saw the names.. put a mark in the right box, and then it was done... outside she thought to herself.. was this the right choice?

[OOC: topic entered, topic left, vost cast]

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kahako sighed as she stepped into the booth. What would she make her choice based on? Everyone wondered, but very few knew. Only a select few had some idea, but whatever.
She only hoped that her one small step would help her help her village. After all, Shin had been her only Raikage. Hopefully there was someone great enough to take those reigns.

Natsume Megumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Voting.......what a hassle. I never really cared for politics. This place is just a disaster waiting to happen, all the higher up in one place at one time. Only if I were an evil mastermind. The things I could have accomplished on this day. The young voluminous woman quickly cast her vote and exited the booth. Next on her agenda was a wonderful bubble bath.

Tetsuya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
To be covered in the blood of friend, and comrade isn't easy. Having their entire life dependent on the steadiness of your hands, and on the scope of your skills isn't easy. I've paid for my ignorance, and ineptitude with the lives of family, and I carry that grief with me everywhere I walk. It takes certain brand of strength to continue, and I could only elect someone who knew that trust as I do.

[OoC: I thought Hi-Bye post were banned. If not topic entered, topic left]

Morikou Asuchi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
They were going to hold a vote?

Sure, it was Shin’s dying wish but it still came off as a surprise. They had never voted for Raikage… ever to Asuchi’s knowledge. And yet, here they were, the village’s shinobi herded like cattle through a twisting maze of red tape and bureaucracy, waiting for their chance to take part in the beautiful process of democracy. It was, in a word, boring.

Maybe it would have been exciting if Asuchi really had anyone solid to vote for. He had heard of Saito, of course. Most everyone had. But all he really knew about the man was rumors, stores, conjecture. He didn’t have much solid to go on which to base a Raikage vote. And the other two? Even less. Haruka was one of the highest ranking shinobi within his own branch, and yet he had never actually met her before. The intelligence service sent him out of the village for missions quite often, so it wasn’t unusual for him not to know some shinobi that he probably should. Nonetheless, he felt like he probably should have at least met her at some point. And then there was Kitsune. Literally all he knew about her was that she assumed the Medical Sennin position upon Daisuke’s death.

After what seemed like hours, Asuchi was finally allowed into one of the voting booths. He glanced down at the ballot, read the names he already knew once more, and exhaled softly through his nose. Well, you’ve got to choose something right?

[MFT]

Rega

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rega hummed cheerfully as she didn't have to travel very far from her office to vote, and although it wasn't a very pleasant reason she was having to vote for a new Raikage, it never hurt to have your boss ascend into higher places, and she was fairly confident that the vote would come out rather predictable... And if it did, there'd be another position open all too soon~

Shinomiya Masaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Masaru sighed inwardly as he stared down at the ballot, tapping his finger on the small table as he looked over the nominees. It had taken over an hour to actually get into a booth, such was the fate of someone who wasn’t too eager to participate in such an event resulting in arriving late. Despite knowing exactly who he was voting for he was surprised when he learned that they could vote for a second candidate, which was what currently stumped him. A vote for Raikage in and of itself seemed completely ridiculous, but luckily all of the candidates seemed like the best choices and nobody unexpected was on the list. Finally deciding on what to do, Masaru marked the ballot and slipped it into the slot before exiting the booth to carry on with his day.

[MFT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back