Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The wandering mind [Open]

Nakata Dai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Some years had gone by since the eager young boy returned to Konoha in pursuit of a life of servitude. Years of dedicate had molded Dai into the perfect tool. A shinobi which lived in the shadows, focused on serving and protecting the people of Konoha; all without praise. In theory, this was the life that Dai pursued those years ago. He was content. However, a single thought of a seed was planted in his head as a young boy. As he got older, the seed continued to grow. Dai did not need to be a hero. Yet he could not help but wonder if he was fulfilling his ultimate duty to himself and his clan. Was he living up to his true potential?

Dai sat atop of the great Phoenix gates, gazing upon the horizon beyond the village. Dai sat far enough away from the gate where travelers would not notice him. This was Dai's perfect place to start his day, almost everyday at Dawn. It gave him the opportunity to appreciate his surroundings at times, and indulge in books at others. The peace of dawn, coupled with the background noises from nature, made this Dai's favorite spot.

What books he read?

In the outskirts of the village, a member of his clan wrote fictional novels based on a true warrior from the past, perhaps an alternate reality. The novels told the tale of a genius with superb physical attributes. Despite being the greatest healer in the land, he also served as the village's fearless protector. The more Dai read of his tale, the more he began to wonder. "Could one man really become so powerful? Could one man really stand up to any rogue nuke? Could one man really change ANBU of any nation?" A man with the power to defeat any Kage seemed a bit too unreasonable.

Although Dai concluded that the tales were more of a myth, his mind did wander. Who was the strongest shinobi alive? Did the might one of man still matter? If a man like that appeared, would Dai have the courage to face him?

Dai closed his novel and sighed yet again. He was content with this life; but something deep inside him wanted something more.

[MFT]

Kureji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kana was starting to get used to skateboarding. Now, she can flip it when jumping, grind well on guard rails, and weave to and fro between people. It helped her feel free and empty her mind of thoughts. It was because of this, that she ended up at the Gates. She had on her usual attire, hat on backwards, red top with black hoodie and black jeans and retro style headphones covering her ears as she listened to her music from a portable cassette player.

The Hyuuga looked around to find somewhere to sit. This place was busy as always. That's when she looked up and saw someone sitting at the top of the gates. Eh, why not, she thought to herself. She skateboarded up to the Gates, and got off, grabbed her skateboard and proceeded to walk up the wall. Once she got there, she plopped a seat a few feet from the other person and rested her skateboard on her legs. She turned to the person with the book, totally forgetting that her headphones are still on her head, "Sup, dude. How's that book?" Talking would be an understatement. It was more on the end of Kana slightly shouting, despite how curious she was.

Nakata Dai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was rare that anything worthwhile would capture Dai's attention. These were peaceful times. The Phoenix gates did well to keep intruders out of Konoha, and the stationed Jonin rarely even reported defecting ninja anymore. Konoha was a good place to live. As dawn turned to morning, traders began going back & forth and the village gates were coming to life. The sounds of inspections, greetings, and other noises lead to the girl approaching Dai unnoticed. It wasn't until she was already too close did he notice her. If these were hostile times, Dai would already be dead.

Dai heard her ask him a question. He took a peak at her from the corner of his eye. She had an instrument with wheels that he had never seen before. Was it some sort of chariot? Was it a weapon? Was it both? Her attire lead Dai to believe that she was either an academy student, or off duty genin. Her ability to get up here indicated to him that she wasn't just as a civilian.

Dai wondered for a moment if she was deaf, as her voice was loud. He then noticed the device on her head. Perhaps that was some sort of new electronic gadget. The times were moving fast and as an occupied jonin, Dai struggled to keep up with the times.

He wasn't upset that she was disrupting his peaceful time. It was a breath of fresh air. However, he wondered if she could even hear him if he spoke.

"It's.... okay. It's..."

Dai thought for a moment as he sighed.

"It makes me wonder if I could be doing more with my life. You ever get that feeling?"

Dai wasn't sure why he asked her that. Nor did he expect her to even relate. He just needed to get it out of his system.

In some ways, perhaps he was asking that question to himself.

Kureji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
At first, Kana didn't understand what he was saying, until she remembered that her headphones were still in. She took them out as the older man started to speak again. Man, he was asking kind of a deep question. Wondering what one is doing with their own life? She thought of what to say, thinking back on her lesson with Soku-sama and her own Genin Exam. "Yeah, I get what you mean. But then I remember my roots. Of why I wanted to be a ninja. For me, it's not for fame or to be the strongest of them all. But I want social reform in the purest sense. In today's society a lot of people think that they have to live up to everyone's standards. Both the Hyuuga and the Uchiha bloodlines take a whole lot of seriousness in pride of their bloodlines and tolerate little for those that stand out too much with how they act. But I for one want to change that." Her voice was normal now, in the sense of her not listening to music as she spoke.

She rubbed the back of her neck and said, "Maybe what I'm trying to get at is maybe you need that spark again of why you chose to become a ninja in the first place." She hoped that would help the man out in his existential crisis. Then again, why would anyone listen to a random genin girl? She shook her head. "So... If you don't mind me asking, mister...." She hasn't caught his name, but she would wait for him to introduce himself before talking more, "But what made you want to join as a ninja in the first place?"

Nakata Dai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
On a list of what makes a shinobi nation powerful, social issues was not on the top of the list. Her words reminded him of something he read once. "Dangerous times make weak men strong. Strong men make peaceful times. Peaceful times make weak men." It was a cycle which never failed to repeat itself. These were peaceful times and to the naked eye, weak shinobi focused on social reform were being born. Perhaps her desire to seek out social reform was a product of her being a weak member of her clan. Seldom to the strong wish to change the ways that lead them to their strength. In the tales of the great Sennin, social reform was not even mentioned once. Tales of loyalty, honor, and duty were often at the forefront of the most exciting chapters.

Then again, these were peaceful times.

"The Hyuuga and Uchiha clans have operated this way for generations. How do you plan on ending a generational cycle that has existed for decades, if not centuries?" Dai asked.

Taking a moment to think; She would need to grow into a powerful kunochi if she planned on even making a dent in their ways. If she failed to show the pride of Konoha that her ways could still lead to prosperity, she would not be heard. Although these were peaceful times, there was no guarantee that these times would last forever. Ultimately, it is the strength of individuals, in masses, which leads to the survival of a shinobi nation during war.

Dai was no expert on war. However, if the books were indicative of what non-peaceful times were really like, then Dai new that he could not align his priorities with the kunochi. He needed to find ways to get stronger and inspire the younger generations. The issue was, how would one inspire the future generations in peaceful times? Perhaps the kunochi would face a similar struggle, attempting to influence the previous generations.

Why did Dai become a shinobi? For the most part, the tales within the palms of his hands pushed him to pursue a life in Konoha. Deep down, he knew his lack of purpose drove him here to find a purpose.

He was still searching.

[MFT]

Kureji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kana listened as the man spoke. There was a truth that Kana knew that would be difficult to overcome. Something built upon generations and generations would not fall so easily to one small girl. But then she remembered about the myth that she wrote about. It may have been a little bit pretentious to think of how a girl would stand up to criminals when other people didn't, but a part of Kana thinks there has to be one other person who would see the world the way she sees it.

"You're right. Though the way I see it, one can't simply make things anew in one day. It all takes time, patience and hard work to achieve that goal. I'm not going to force people to see my way of thinking, but rather just act as myself. Because I know that I'm not the only one out there that thinks that society needs to get out of that mindset of everything is set in stone type of thing. Everyone has a hold of their own fate. It's just their decision if they want to go with the flow or be an individual. At the end of the day, I don't want to be remembered or respected just because I'm a Hyuuga, but rather because of my actions. I'm not looking for fame, I just want respect for who I am, not where I come from."

The girl stopped talking. It was apparent that the man had not answered her previous question, whether he was thinking about it too much, or just wanted to ignore Kana. She thought about prying again, but decided against it. Instead, she asked, "So... What's your name? I'm Kana, and as you might've guessed, I'm a Hyuuga."

(MFT)
(WC: 292)

Nakata Dai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The kunochi reminded him of some of the children he grew up with in his hometown. Growing up in the Fire Nation, many children did not understand the life within the hidden village. However, this girl should know better. She lived here. She was a kunochi. Why was she oblivious? Dai stopped for a moment to think about her upbringing and experiences; how they might differ from his.

"I don't think... members of the Hyuuga clan are known just by being a member of the Hyuuga clan.." started down as he looked at his book.

"Great power comes with your blood given gifts.. the great ones used those to their advantage to help people." Dai closed his book and put in one of his Jonin vest pockets.

"Become strong. Lead by example. People will follow you."

Dai finally answered her, "Name's Dai by the way... Nakata Dai". The Nakata clan were members of the Hyuuga family which did not reside within the hidden village. They were a very small clan which lived in the Fire Nation, just outside the village, working for the feudal lords. If this girl knew anything of her lineage, she would know Dai was a Hyuuga. Well, at least a descendant of one. His physical features did not indicate that he possessed the Byakugan.

As he finally let her know his name, he got up and looked to towards the bottom of the gates, ready to jump. He gave her a slight nod as if to say "I'll see you around" and made the jump.

[Topic left unless stopped]

Kureji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Despite what she said, it didn't seem to get to the man at all. Of course he doesn't know her situation for everyone's lives are different, she thought that maybe he would understand the be an individual part. He also started to speak in one liners, which was kind of weird to Kana to say the least. But there was one thing he said that she could agree with. Become strong and lead by example. Nobody likes a person who all they do is complain and not try to fix a situation.

Then the man finally introduced himself before leaving. Nakata Dai... Kana can't help but feel like she heard the Nakata namesake before, just doesn't remember where. He left her there thinking by herself. She looked down from her perch on the top of the Gates. A thought hit her of how the would be a great ramp to ride down on her skateboard.

Getting up, she teetered the skateboard over the edge as she had a foot on the other side, before taking that leap of faith as she rocketed down on her skateboard before using chakra focusing it through her hands to slow the descent down the side of the gates and back into the crowd of the people.

(Topic left)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back