Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The White Elk Calls [Tutor]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
A single day within the metropolitan expanses of the Hidden Cloud’s mountainous borough was all it took to overwhelm a man who normally found peace in the tranquility of nature. The hour was early enough that two shinobi beat the sun, and set out from the warmth of their tavern hostel for some much needed time a place more suited to a study environment. The cobblestone-paved roads were exchanged for a dirt trail dressed with a light layer of snow. Calamitous sounds of city life were muted in favor of the serenity of a bird’s song, and the constant howl of brisk wind passing through countless tall trees.

Kaji emerged first through the thick vapor of an early-morning fog, dressed in a lighter brown cloak than the fur one he wore for their adventure through the Spine of the World. This ancient forest was chilling, put paled in comparison to the uninhabitable tundra beyond the Hidden Cloud’s perimeter. He was dressed warmly though, down to an emerald green scarf that hung around his neck in three loose loops. As always, Eelspine hung from his belt, occasionally peeking out from beneath his cloak as he trotted onward. There was a certain melancholy about Kaji this morning; his eyes were baggy and tired, and his posture had a slight slouch. He spent the previous night being merry, drinking and gambling at the tavern in reckless games with throwing knives. Real shinobi downtime stuff, you could say.

And by now you may wonder why he ventured out so early. He stepped aside, making way for his pupil Tatsuo to arrive with him in the clearing of split woodlands, where the two of them would find ample space to continue developing the boy's wood-style ninjutsu. “This looks like a good spot,” he said dryly. He then revealed a very small flask and gave it a shake before twisting the cap and taking a sip. The bitter taste almost caused him to double over with a vile reaction. Common sense suggested that Kaji was partaking in a technique called the hair of the dog to overcome a hangover, but it was, in fact, a herbal remedy offered to him at the tavern. It tasted dreadful and left him with a long-lasting sour expression. He could barely talk on account of his coughing, but he had instructions for his pupil, “how about you set up for some meditation so you can get attuned to the area.”

- Kaji has entered the thread.
- Requesting Tatsuo.
- This might become a tutor, but idk. Just RPing.
<i></i>

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: The White Elk Calls [Open]

Much like Kaji, the metropolitan feel of the Hidden Cloud made him uncomfortable. He was used to the less industrial feel of the leaf and he spent most of his time on the outskirts of that as well, leading to him missing the bright greens of the Leaf, compared to the mellow grays of the Cloud. Tatsuo had slept like a rock from the moment they got to the tavern, no one had realized he escaped from Port Cirrus the night before to go explore a bit, so he barely got any sleep.

As they made their way to the more rural area of the cloud village it spurred a returning sense of homesickness. He began to miss the Leaf Village and everything about it. Tatsuo was wearing a dark blue shirt with a red swirl on the right shoulder he wore a matching colored pants with bandages wrapped around the right leg. He also wore a scarf around his neck, he really didn't like the cold, it seemed to penetrate his bones and leave him with a constant irritation that prevented him from getting comfortable.

When they made their way to the ancient forest it bore a striking resemblance to their very own Forest of Death in which he'd sneak off to when able to. Despite it not being for children he had countless adventures in that side of the woods. It was another pang of homesickness which really started to bother Tatsuo. He wrapped himself again in the cloak which they had gotten at 1000 Blades, it seemed to help block out the foreign environment and most importantly, the cold. Looking to Kaji, Tatsuo noticed how he didn't look as well today as he usually did. Blissfully unaware of the side effects of a hangover, his parents didn't drink very much at all and Tatsuo never touched the stuff. "You okay Sensei? You don't look so great." As he took a drink from that foul concoction, Tatsuo's nose happened to be stuffed from the cold and he said "Oh can I have some water too? I forgot to pack any water." he said flashing a toothy smile. However when Kaji mentioned meditation, he said "What do I look like? A monk?"

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Kaji answered Tatsuo’s first inquiry with a slight nod as if he did not want to agitate his headache any further. And before Kaji could put his elixir away, Tatsuo asked him some of it, presuming he’d bother putting water in such a small flask. Kaji continued stuffing the container into a hidden pocket within his jacket, and answered, “you don’t want any of this… If you’re thirsty eat some snow.” Seeming fatigued, Kaji continued to idle rather than leading their exercise. He looked around, and his nostrils flared as he took in more of the wilderness. “But, try to avoid any snow that isn’t white… it's uh, not good for consumption.”

When Tatsuo asked if he resembled a monk, Kaji shrugged; at least he wouldn’t have to explain the origin of this training technique. “By now, one would think that you would stop questioning everything I tell you to do, and you’d just follow my instructions.” Always having to go the extra step with Tatsuo, Kaji overcame the obstacles set by his fatigue and joined Tatsuo in making a meditative stance, seated on the ground. Patches of grass were abundant enough to spare them both from sitting in the wet snow. “Come on, sit down already” he ordered Tatsuo with a stern tone.

Kaji took his seat with his legs bending inward in a cross, and sat his enchanted blade Eelspine across his lap, still sheathed. Sitting was a relief to him in his fatigued state, as if a weight had been taken off his shoulders. Once Tatsuo complied with his instructions, Kaji would explain the purpose of the exercise. “Your kekkai genkai is perhaps the most nature-attuned innate ability a shinobi can possess. I learned to adapt to nature, and molded my abilities so that I could understand and prosper here; but what you have has been with you since birth.” He gestured a soft waving motion with one hand, hurriedly aiming to clarify that statement as not throwing shade. His point quickly became a reference to his lecture back on Momento Deo. “Even before you utilize your chakra to manifest mokuton, you have a superior link to the environment around you, and a natural advantage in forested settings. The greater your understanding of nature, the greater it can be of use to you; as good as having an ally by your side.”

He then shut his eyes and turned silent for a moment, only making the sound of deep inhales and exhales of the brisk air. Plumes of vapor rolled out like a plume of fiery dragon’s breath with every lengthy exhale Kaji made. “Listen to the wind as it passes through the trees, and they will tell you a story. Feel the life around you. Creatures. Spirits. Allow these sensations to penetrate you until they feel real, and reach into your core.” Leading by example, Kaji was experiencing his own relief at the very start of their meditation. The aching and nausea of his ailments were lessening in severity, though the elixir may have been to blame. The meditation was so relaxing that he would have struggled to maintain his consciousness if not for his experience with the subject.
<i></i>

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths

"Hmm, don't eat non-white snow, got it." he said scanning the area for non white snow, finding a few patches of yellow across the field. As Kaji began to scold him for not being obedient he responded with "Okay, okay, I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you mad I was just trying to be funny." He had moved down to the ground, crossing his legs and bringing his open palms together at his chest. He closed his eyes and began to meditate. Almost immediately he began to feel a connection to the nature around him. He could hear the squirrels running, the flowers moving to the sun, and even the leaves growing from the trees.

As Kaji explained that not all shinobi possessed such a prowess to feel nature as he did, Tatsuo began to wonder how one would learn all these things. It akin to breathing to him, he had never been taught to breath and he doubt he could teach someone if he tried. As he began to mention new things to focus on, Tatsuo had already realized them. He began to realize all those times he slept in trees were because of this, it allowed him to really sense everything around him. When calm like this, he was in the company of all the nature around him which brought him an inexpiable comfort throughout his whole body.

However, he wasn't tired, nor in any sense of distress. He had felt these things, but what now? He already was able to do what Kaji wanted him to and honestly he had gotten bored of it about ten seconds before he started. His nose began to twitch, his foot began to tap and he opened his eyes just a bit to see what was going around him.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

There was much more than a story to be found when the shinobi embraced the atmosphere surrounding them. The numbing sensation of winter’s bite went away, in place of a new sensation; one of warmth and re-energizing vitality. Kaji’s meditating came to a halt, and his eyes opened wide, searching to find the source of this all-familiar presence. The sensei elevated himself to a standing position without so much as a word and took two paces forward through the thicket before finding the source of that warming presence. A brightening glow was coming from beyond the trees; a pure-white light with a single being standing at its center.

“Tatsuo,” Kaji bade his pupil. He froze in place as he locked sight on the creature, which resembled something not of this realm; ethereal and spiritual. “Rise, Tatsuo,” Kaji called softly to his student a second time, urging him to come and witness the majestic creature which graced them with its presence. “But make no sudden moves.”
c59e79cee808f64ec3cf3ee2160b0618.gif

A large white elk graced the wintry woods. Its mere presence dispersed the vapor of fog around it as if to free its witnesses from obscurity, so that it could see the humans, and that they might recognize it in return. Boney white antlers reached skyward from its head with perfect curvature and were faintly lined with angelic white fur. There was a different kind of intelligence staring back at the humans through it’s big, beautiful eyes. Black pools that focused intently on the two shinobi. The creature was a perfected blend of a powerful, yet sleek and graceful design. It stood tall over the green earth and would have towered over the two shinobi by comparison. It inspired growth in nature with its every step as grass and earth-sunken roots reached upwards as it passed. “It's the White Elk,” Kaji explained. Kaji spoke the name like an obvious statement, yet he did so with such reverence, almost praising the beast. In fact, this was not the first time Kaji had encountered a being of its kind. One had come to him before, and he knew there were few possible meanings of this new sighting.

Kaji turned slowly to look upon Tatsuo, curious to see how he reacted to this truly rare encounter. He then asked a simple but important question: “Can you see her?”
<i>
</i>

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Tatsuo happened to start getting up the moment Kaji done, thinking that maybe their time training was done and he could go explore the town a bit, but unfortunately not. As Kaji called his name he averted his vision from his body to his face with a questioning look on his face "What?" he said gently mimicking Kaji's tone. As he mentioned the elk he slowly turned to see the majestic beast. He had never seen a white elk, it's fur practically glowed and it gave off an aura of peacefulness. He had seen a few brown elks coming up here, but this was like seeing a super gorgeous woman, it took your took your breath away, Tatsuo would compare it to.

When Kaji said white elk he nodded, still keeping his attention on the majestic beast. However, when Kaji said "You see that?" he grinned letting off a toothy and cheeky smile. "See what?" hopefully he'd make Kaji think he was going mad, he felt sick enough already perhaps this'd throw him off just right. He turned to face Kaji, perking one of his eyebrows. "Whatcha talkin' about, sensei?"

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

tumblr_ndssaztzR31t6saleo2_500.gif

</FONTFACE>
Nothing could stifle Tatsuo’s sense of humor, and he never missed an opportunity to joke. Enough joking and Kaji might never take him seriously again, as he looked to the boy skeptically. Kaji ignored Tatsuo’s transgression though, as he was entranced by the divine symbolism of the White Elk. Reflections of the white glow bounced off both Kaji and Tatsuo evenly, further insisting that this was no illusion meant for Kaji alone. And the presence of nature coursing through him fully restored Kaji as if he had a full night’s sleep. He clutched a hand against the center of his chest as if he could feel the renewing energy sweeping through his body, down to each chakra coil.
tumblr_ndssaztzR31t6saleo3_500.gif
<FONTFACE fontface="georgia">

As if on cue, the magnificent white elk made a sudden galloping departure through the deep woods. The stag sprung upward and onward using the strength of powerful hind legs, effortlessly darting over the risen roots and tall grass that sprouted as it went. And just like that, the shinobi’s visit from the spirit of the forest was over.

“This is only the second time I have seen the White Elk,” Kaji admitted suddenly, trying to emphasize something to his student. “The last time I saw it was about twelve years ago when I first started this path in life… I could not recognize it at the time, but I believe that… to be visited by the White Elk is to be chosen by nature itself.” His scornful visage was softening as he spoke, and further recognized why the White Elk had returned: perhaps for the boy this time. “Your talents have a purpose, that much I already knew; but I refused to presume that it would be this. Come with me.” Kaji turned his back to Tatsuo once again and began another trek deeper into the foggy woodland. This time though, he was scanning about, searching for something. The meditation phase was surely over.​

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Tatsuo shrugged and frowned as Kaji gave no regard to his cheeky attempt to confuse him. It would've been a lot funnier to start off the morning with Kaji thinking he was insane, but alas his Sensei was a bit too sharp for that. Either way Tatsuo quickly began to become more serious. Even if he didn't really care about the White Elk, it seemed to amaze Kaji sufficiently enough to warrant Tatsuo's respect. He began to wonder the importance of a white elk, it was a beautiful animal for sure, but he'd seen many breath taking views in his lives which offered no apparent higher purpose but perhaps certain animals did. As the Elk began to run away he frowned, wondering what happened he opted out of blaming it on Kaji because of the weight of the situation. He gave Kaji his full attention as he explained the importance of the white elk and his own experiences with the majestic beast. It all seemed like folklore and wives tales to him but he continued to stay quiet out of respect for Kaji if anything. However he didn't have to be asked twice to follow he was already springing into action at the command, giving chase to the white elk.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Despite an idea that they might be in pursuit of the White Elk, Kaji led their march through a crop of dead and rampike trees. The dead sections of the forest were coming alive all of a sudden. Branches were quaking, and leaves were sprouting as the life force of the White Elk returned the color and vitality to the area. Leading the march forth, Kaji was in no particular rush despite the inclination that they were pursuing a legend, according to the sensei. If the Elk wanted to flee, it would simply vanish.

Fortunately, their extended journey didn’t last longer than another five minutes and led to a shallow moat with pristine water, which surrounded a large tree which a canopy thick enough to block out the sun entirely. There was a glow of countless fireflies fluttering about, illuminating the tree, which emanated the plentiful chakra represented by the White Elk. This was undoubtedly the place meant for Kaji and Tatsuo to find. It didn’t take chakra sensory to recognize the aura pouring out from this tree; there was visibly something special about it. Many of the branches twisted like coils, and even the bark had a unique appeal that resulted in smoothness, and grooves that ran long across the body of the tree. Countless leaves grew from it, utilizing every shade of blue, green, and purple. And on this astounding tree, only a single fruit was barred, but it would resemble nothing either shinobi had seen before. "Hmm, interesting," Kaji said, unsure of what to make of the find.
<i></i>

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Tatsuo wondered why the forest was dying around him, as much as it may have mimicked the forest of Death native to Konoha on the outside, it felt like a shell of his homeland. But as soon as he could make that observation it seemed life began to fill in the area around him. The same energy he had felt when the white elk had appeared seemed to fill the land with energy. Slowly the plants began to regain their color, roots continued to bore deep into the ground and the dead flesh of the trees began to reform and become heartier. It was amazing, how could such a being have so much chakra? Even the strongest ninja he had met never had such an effect on their surroundings. Tatsuo began to imagine the white elk as a ninja, headband and all but he shook his head, deer couldn't be ninja of course.

When they came to the moat with clear water, Tatsuo wondered if he could drink from it, he was still thirsty, having forgotten any water bottle. He looked to Kaji to ask, but the surroundings got caught in his peripheral, he began to notice the tree in the center. It seemed to be as mystical as the White elk itself. With the myriad of colors of her leaves it was something straight out of a fairy tale. Without being provoked from Kaji he made his way closer to the tree, he could feel the natural energies in which he was already attuned with surge around his body. As he got closer, his focus turned to the only fruit it bore. He made his way to pick it, but stopped short. "Should I?" he turned back looking to Kaji.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As Tatsuo surveyed the scene, so did Kaji. The elder of the duo walked lightly into what he recognized as sacred ground. The two shinobi could see their reflections in the face of the smooth water, which was as clear as a crystal spring. Once they both recognized the single fruit hanging from the tree, Kaji gave a consenting nod when Tatsuo asked if he should pick the fruit. They were not led to this place without good reason, or so Kaji figured.

There was a high climb between the boy and the morsel of fruit, but it would be nothing for Tatsuo if he even had the slightest familiarity with the tree climbing technique. Just as he believed that the White Elk had come with a purpose concerning the boy, Kaji recognized that this too must have been meant for Tatsuo. But Kaji’s wisdom with nature had not prepared him for today. There was no protocol for plucking magic fruit from a branch, and no telling what would happen if his pupil attempted to eat it. Despite his agreeing nod, Kaji revealed his uncertainty; “Wait a second” he suggested.

He bent low to the water’s edge and scooped a handful of water with into his cupped palm. Kaji carefully inspected every aspect of it, from the lack of scent to the normal viscosity, and eventually a shy taste of the substance on his tongue. If the water was poisonous it would have been an from an incredibly rare strain. Trusting his analysis, the sensei gave another confirming nod and look to Tatsuo, “well, the water seems good enough to drink. I admit everything seems fine here… But that fruit— it's nothing like any food I have seen before.” Kaji seemed unsure of himself, unnaturally, as he placed a hand against the scruff of his chin and resembled serious contemplation. “We’re not here by coincidence. If you believe that thing is meant for you, by all means, I suggest you go for it. Follow your instinct.” He then arose back to a standing position and crossed the stream to the base of the mighty tree. "If it happens to be poisoned or cursed and you don't make it through, I'll be sure to tell your parents about all the adventures you've had visiting the Cloud... and I'll make up a couple extras so they can feel good about it." Kaji said this with a straight face, leaving Tatsuo to wonder.​
<i>
</i>

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Kaji gave him a nod permitting him to pluck the fruit, he did, before coming down. He kept a firm grip on the fruit as he hopped off the tree. Making his way over to Kaji, he presented the fruit letting his sensei take a look before he went to take a bite. The fruit was a large oval shape, like an egg with a rubbery outside which felt like a banana peel, their were multicolored vertical stripes running down it. The fruit had nearly reached his teeth before being promted by Kaji to stop. While he wasn't always quick to listen to an order, he hesitated in response to the curtness of Kaji's warning.

Bringing his hand down swiftly he watched Kaji take a drink of the water in which the tree had grown in, watching as he tested it for poison. He listened to Kaji's thoughts on the situation, before going to take another bite. However the mention of his parents made him hesitate, he didn't want to die and who knows what legacy he'd leave behind if any. But he knew his mother would be sad and his father would, well who knows. "I don't care." he would say almost indigently before taking a deep bite into the multicolored fruit.

As Tatsuo tore away from the fruit, leaving it's fleshy insides to burst into a rainbow of color, the juices rising to the top as the small vessels inside popped. Instantly, Tatsuo began to gag, it tasted like a mixture of boogers and earwax, he stuck his tongue out, and began to wipe it down hoping to find some relief from the disgusting taste to no relief. However while Tatsuo committed to his extravagant reaction to rid himself of the foul taste, something would begin to happen around him. Tatsuo himself didn't have the awareness to notice it, but Kaji surely would. It would be akin to fireflies, but just green, beginning to flicker around him, being the apparent source.

After a few moments Tatsuo would become aware of the surrounding natural energies centering at himself, they were now forming what seemed to be a shell around him. A natural defense in more way than one. Despite the bulkiness of the armor it did not limit Tatsuo's mobility, he still felt as mobile as before. He moved around a bit, feeling no heavier than before. "Whoa, what is this?" he said looking to Kaji for answers.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kaji was merely a bystander as Tatsuo indulged in the strange fruit. He took a hearty bite as if he expected to find a rush of sweet and tangy flavors, but he tasted ripe flesh with an uncanny presence on his pallet. The boy did not seem persuaded that biting the fruit was a good decision, and Kaji watched with concerns of his own. The interior flesh of the fruit was more akin to that of a living creature than what either of the shinobi expected to find. The scent of the fruit matched a blend of tree sap and fresh salmon meat. “How does it taste?” Kaji was curious to know, but didn’t seem to want a bite for himself, and would pace backward if offered.

When Kaji made his inquiry, the initial effects of consuming the special fruit were beginning to take effect. Tatsuo’s chakra was swelling and gathering into a visible form, turning a vivid shade of green. The sensei was anxious then and reached a hand into the tool pouch on his belt. His fingers ran over a collection of paper seals stacked within a slow against the lining of the bag: a precaution Kaji could resort to if something volatile was taking. However, his faith in the White Elk kept Kaji at bay, nervously keeping a hold on the seal he’d use to impair Tatsuo if something dangerous came to pass.

Then a transformation began, creating growths of dense wood around the boy’s body which spread upwards from the soft soil. As expected, Tatsuo turned to his sensei with a nervous fear in his eyes, witnessing himself making a strange change. He sought Kaji’s council, but the sensei merely shook his head. “I wish I knew,” Kaji answered, “but this doesn’t look so bad… at least it didn’t poison you.” He then gave a slight nod, and knocked on one of his student’s shoulders between the armor's thorns. “You’d better finish that fruit, just to be safe, and to be sure you’re doing this correctly.”

// Tutor Complete.
Now we're just roleplaying. //
<i></i>

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo truly didn't have to answer how the fruit tasted, the face and plethora of gagging noises he made were answer enough. It was the nastiest thing he had ever tasted, comparable to the taste of cold medicine just leagues worse. However Tatsuo was quickly taken aback by the flow of energy into his charka, it'd seem like the natural energies in the area came from it. Just as the White Elk had filled the zone with energy, Tatsuo had utilized that into some sort of a chakra armor. The wood surrounding him seemed to never stay still, it was consistently shifting around Tatsuo's form. Protecting him from head to toe, leaving only his head exposed, but the armor shifted akin to sand in the wind it wouldn't be hard to assume that the armor itself would strike back at anything that attacked Tatsuo.

"Whoa.. this is cool." he said placing an arm over one of his shoulders and rotating said arm, he felt no restriction in movement but more akin to nature. If you'd ask him he felt more like the forest around them, than a simple visitor. He seemed to take in the experience well, listening to Kaji explain what his thoughts were, and he was agreeing with him until he urged him to eat more of the fruit. "What? No! No way! I refuse!" he shook his head violently, the fruit it was a disgusting fruit.. but it filled him with a vigor he had never felt before. He felt, well, strong. More akin to his bloodline which he knew nothing about. His father, his mother, none of them had any such capabilities. They were fine ninja in their own right, but possessed no special Kekkai Genkai. Tatsuo was a a genetic anomaly, despite sharing features of both of his parents.

With a moments consideration he nodded, heading his sensei's advice. "Ya' know, if you weren't the smartest guy I knew sensei.." he said bending down, cringing at the thought of another bite. Closing his eyes and pinching his nose, perhaps it would provide some relief to the foul tasting fruit. Unfortunately, none of that worked the second bite was just as sickening as the first. Tatsuo took it like a champ, continuing to eat the fruit in one go. Every bite was as bad as the first and sooner or later he felt almost nauseous after finishing the fruit. Leaving nothing but the stem, skin and all he began to gag, but the energies around him continued to manifest. The armor getting thicker and more vivid, it could be said the armor itself was alive. Like it shared a consciousness with Tatsuo, or perhaps its own based on the slick movements which were quite contrary from Tatsuo's own clumsy movements.

By the time he was done getting over the nauseating feeling of said fruit, he was filled with an incredible energy. More boundless than the usual aura of the child. Kaji himself could recognize the change it'd seem he was almost glowing from the newfound power he had been given to by the fruit. Whether it had drawbacks or not, Tatsuo couldn't tell, but for now. He definitely could feel the energy flowing through every vein in his body. He felt his bones strengthened his muscles loosened and any pain he may have felt was gone. He felt refreshed and ready to train. Looking to Kaji, "Ya' know sensei, we've never sparred." he said getting into his best stance, the armor still manifested around him. It's continuous movement halting not at all in response to his reactions. Tatsuo normally wasn't one to pick a fight, but it seemed a waste even to the young Genin to waste such an overabundant amount of energy.

WC: 627

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kaji was carefully observing Tatsuo’s transformation while the boy spent a long moment coming to terms with the enhancements he received, surely as the product of eating the strange fruit. But once Tatsuo was finished eating the fruit, their stake at the illuminated had come to a close. Without bothering to offer a clear explanation, Kaji turned his back to Tatsuo and made a final sweep of the area. The site of this sacred tree would be of significance to them from that point forward, and Kaji was searching for anything possible knowledge left behind to alleviate the mysteries surrounding the site.

Once he was sure that he had seen the most of what the illuminated scene had to offer, Kaji faced Tatsuo, and answered the boy’s sudden urge to spar; “we haven’t sparred for a good reason,” he said. “A spar between a master and apprentice is meant to serve as an evaluation of the results of your training.” As usual, Kaji was uninterested in the boy’s musing and remained grounded in what he believed was logic. “I wouldn’t be doing you any favors by sparring with you; you have resisted every attempt at training thus far. When I fight, I fight with Eelspine… and when my sword strikes true, not even your armor of thorns would be enough to protect you. I doubt I’d ever leave Kumogakure with my head still on my shoulders if I accidentally killed you here over a spar.”

He then turned to make an exit from the sacred ground, seeking to carry on with their order of activities before the White Elk emerged. Somewhat concerned, Kaji knew that it could not have been the Elk’s blessing that incited the glimpse of malice in Tatsuo’s urge to fight. “We're finished here,” he told the boy authoritatively before leading the way back up the trail from whence they came.

// Topic Left.
To be continued. //
<i>
</i>

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo felt discouraged when Kaji turned his back on him, he had been granted such energy why was it Kaji wouldn’t provide him with a quick battle. They had never sparred before, it could be fun, for the both of them. However as Kaji began to speak, Tatsuo went through a flurry of emotions. At first he was angry, as apparent on his face. This whole trip had been bad, he missed home, he didn’t like many of the Cloud Ninja, he was forced to be a medic. Why couldn’t Kaji understand that, Tatsuo wondered. But then the when Kaji said Tatsuo had resisted every attempt at training, he thought back to every time Kaji truly tried to teach him something. He did in fact meet it with some type of resistance, whether full blown disobedience or more passive disrespect of his methods.

Quickly, Tatsuo’s face became cherry red. He felt flustered and embarrassed, he always thought himself to be a good kid and all. He honestly thought his disrespect was funny, he thought it’d make other people laugh and like him. He lacked any other desirable traits, at least being funny could’ve been one. But to realize Kaji never found his humor as funny really struck a cord in Tatsuo. He couldn’t believe he had been acting so immature, especially to someone who spent a lot of time trying to just train Tatsuo. No one had ever put that much effort into even dealing with Tatsuo, much less trying to train him.

In an attempt to quell his shame, he swallowed trying to regain focus and his composure. He no longer wished to shame himself, especially in front of his sensei. He had done that plenty and from this day vowed to be, or at least try, to be a better man and shinobi. Like his sensei. Tatsuo would then bow down, to Kaji as he began to walk away. Whether he noticed it or not, it mattered little to Tatsuo he wished to symbolize his change in anyway he could. “Yes.” he said with a slight pause, before quickly correcting himself. “Yes, sensei, thank you.” he still wasn’t used to being so respectful, like all good things, it would take practice. would then attempt to catch up to Kaji’s side, placing his hands behind his head. Feeling not only invigorated by the fruit he ate, but spiritually enlightened by the pact he had made with himself. Unless broached by Kaji, Tatsuo would be awfully quiet during their walk.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back