Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open The Will of Fire?

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
1669014004421.png

Yushi Hyate
Yushi Goyei

Yushi Han

The crisp smell of lemongrass, blended with cinnamon drifted through the air as a slender figure knelt, pale hands touching the stone edifice in front of him. A silent prayer escaped his pale lips as he held aloft the incense sticks in the way he had been taught so many years ago by his adopted family, and by the old priests of the temple of fire.

The names before him were his ancestors from years past, unknown to him personally due to the nature of his unwanted birth, but still respect for them was needed. His surname, Yushi, was given to him by his father, but had been the name of another ancestor - his fathers way of ‘disowning’ the pale albino wretch who wouldn't survive life in the Yakuza.

Nakata Daichi..
Hibiki..
Kama…
Kazi…
Shin…

Mugen…

Names of people he felt that he once knew, perhaps in a past life. People that were vital in making him who he was, but then lost to time… and memory. The names were worn from time and the elements, but hopefully someone would remember. Needed to remember.

Is this all that life had to offer? A moment of spotlight, and then a fading into the mists of time? People gave their lives for what - a name on a stone that would eventually fade away? Would he have had his name engraved on this monument had he stayed in the village?

Was it worth it?

No. Legacy lasts longer than stone.

Waving the incense in front of the stone, Migoya closed his crimson eyes and started the chant of the Will of Fire. It was spoken in Fiero, the language of Konoha. Music

Dra Femm uv Vena ec muja vun luihdno, vun edc baubma, yht druca fru lusa yvdan.
Dra Femm uv Vena nasaspanc druca fru lysa pavuna, druca fru lynneat dra vmysa yht byccat ed uh.
Dra Femm uv Vena nasyehc cdnuhk eh dra rayndc uv druca fru lynno ed vunfynt.

Putting the incense down into the brazen receptacle, Migoya, now wearing a flame-red robe, stood intently, his white shock of hair blowing in a hidden breeze as he began the ritual - a ritual that existed in the many fire temples around the land, but with the temples destruction here in Konoha, perhaps not performed anymore. Migoya had learned it as a fire acolyte many years previously - it was his way of getting food and a roof over his head. That was until those unwanted advances had…

His hands started to sway, as if trying to resemble flames. The incense played around his body, clinging like wisps of smoke to a flickering blaze. The chant repeated itself as Migoya seemed to let go of his pain, his past, and remember the Will of Fire.

His family. His legacy. His purpose. His clan.

A pale hand reached out to touch a name. Nara Suki. His mother.

He called on the blessings of the fire gods, the old gods, the gods of life and death, the gods of creation and destruction. Any gods that would listen. What he prayed for was between him and them, if they listened at all.

His hand moved back to his side as he opened his reddened eyes, stinging slightly from the incense and a measure of emotion. The ritual was complete and his family could rest, unable to be touched by those who had similar powers to his own to ‘raise’ the dead. His enemies would get no answers from them now.

He felt his brothers with him for a fleeting moment. Hirato Yong. Hisao. Missing for so long, but now seemingly free to move on. It was… unexpected. Did they… were they here in Konoha? Maybe it was a residual thing… Konoha had been their home as well. Another thought for another time. The ritual had been completed, and now other matters needed to be taken care of.

Cleaning up the remainder of the incense, Migoya brushed down his robes absently before the noise of someone approaching drew his attention. He hoped they were not here to kill him - after all he was here for peaceful purposes for now.

Did ya hear that? Mikki ‘said’ into Migoyas head. Migoya gave a slight nod in response, prepared for whatever or whomever was coming towards them.

[MFT]
[WC: 701]

Hoichi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
Two years ago, her mother passed away. Hoichi had to rely on the kindness of her uncle who was a priest. One-night Hoichi was approached by what sounded like a man. The man requested that Hoichi would perform before a group of noblemen. She agreed and later agreed to sing for more nights. During one of these nights her uncle's servants followed her. The servants were confused to discover that she was wandering into the cemetery and was singing seemingly alone amidst the headstones.

Fearing that the spirits had targeted Hoichi for malicious intent, her uncle confronts her. He had devised a plan to protect her by using sutras to make Hoichi invisible to the spirits. Hoichi refused to go along with the plan despite her uncle’s pleas. That night Hoichi sang for the dead and they were grateful for her performance. So much so that they provide him a gift more precious than gold. They gave her the ability to see not with her eyes but with her ears.

Today Hoichi was in the Memorial Stone gardens planning to sing to the ghosts of the dead. However, it appears someone was already singing to them. This song was familiar to her. It was something she heard back during her life at the temple. "Forgive my intrusion. But that song. I have not heard it since I came to this village. I hope you did not mind me listening." Despite being blind dressed quite elegantly. She wears a dark violet full body dress with a white petticoat underneath. The dress had large gems along the skirt giving it a regal look. Her hair is tied into twin tail with buns and these buns had little bonnets that went with her dress. She held a stuffed animal tightly in her arms.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Both Migoya and Mikki (and Barry…) were on edge, waiting for the impending ganking of doom only to find a small heartbeat from a small girl dressed impressively and clutching a soft toy. Rather unexpected and somewhat creepy in what was for all intents and purposes a graveyard, but Migoya had been around a very long time and, well, this was interesting indeed. But why was she here?

"Forgive my intrusion. But that song. I have not heard it since I came to this village. I hope you did not mind me listening."

“Certainly not, please go ahead. This is a very important chant to know if you are from the land of Fire. Not too many know it nowadays, so its nice that other regions know it”. His voice was kind - clearly he had worked with youngsters before and knew the slight intonation needed to get his words across clearly. A cursory glance at the child indicated that she must be from a wealthy background based on the gemstones in her clothing, and the slight air of dignity and purpose she had. Her heartbeat was calm and collected - if only she knew who she was speaking with.

And why was she alone? A child from a family of wealth, walking alone through the memorial garden? Was this a trap or a test by Takeshi, or was she exactly what she seemed?

Testing out his theory, Migoya motioned for the girl to get closer, quickly noticing that she didn't respond to the silent gesture. Having been around Hashigaki several times, he quickly picked up on the fact that the girl had no sight - not that it was a disability to the powerful clan, if indeed that was indeed what she was.It would explain the wealth, and her ability to navigate around the memorials without bumping into them.

“If you’d like, I’d be happy to teach you the ritual itself. It’s symbolic of flames dancing in the wind, reaching high and expanding. Fire is the only element that spreads when in contact with another, but also is the one that can be destroyed the easiest. Fire needs to consume to survive, unlike earth or water, so it needs a constant source of fuel.”

He looked with a small smile towards the doll in the girl’s arms. Was it there as a means of comfort, as Mikki was to him at that age? Perhaps her doll was something more significant than expected. Not surprisingly, a small wooden head appeared from the hood of his robe as his own puppet, Mikki, stared at the girl and her friend.

“Can you tell me what the Will of Fire is to you… Miss-chan. Im sorry I missed your name. You can call me Migoya”.

Last edited:

Hoichi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
The man was gentle and kind, though she did not really fear being attacked anyways. This was a place of mourning and grieving, not hostility. “Yes, I am from the Land of Fire. I grew up in a village a few leagues from here.” Her hands would feel the name etched into the closest stone before walking to the next and repeating the process. “My uncle ran a temple, and he sang chants similar to yours.” Eventually she comes to a certain stone and stops. The stone read Mimi Nashi. This was her father. This is how she knew of Konoha in the first place. She remembers her father talking about it every time he came to visit. Then one day the visits stopped, and her mother received a troubling letter.

Hochi clutched the doll ever tighter as the man spoke of the nature of fire. Memories that she cared not to remember came flooding back into her mind. “I know the ways of fire all too well. A ravenous beast that hunts and devours everything in its path.” Blindness had its dangers and once she had knocked over a candle. Thankfully her uncle could get to her in time to prevent scarring.

“My name is Ryu Hoichi.” She would give a polite curtsy after her introduction. “I was formerly Known as Himi Hoichi, The Blind Bard.” She then places her stuffed animal on top of her father’s stone. “It would be an honor to learn this ritual of yours, Migoya-sensei.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was a strange situation indeed - a young blind girl standing and talking with a person from the Bingo book, and probably one of the most dangerous people in the land. A man who had killed many, tortured more, cultivated revolution and helped run one of the most effective assassination guilds, and here he was teaching a girl a ritual from a time when he was a simple man, with simple goals. When he was a loyal Leafie. For a second a small smile played on Migoya’s face at the irony of it all. For him, teaching the younger generation was his passion, a passion he now used to train the next generations of Myakashi. But here in Konoha was where it started - a sensei (his favourite title) in the academy. A chief med-nin...

Where had it all gone wrong?

Migoya gave a wide smile, not that the girl would unfortunately see it. Her words spoke of a hidden fear. This, this would be - interesting.

“Yes, fire can devour - but it also can save. Heat is more precious than gold to those who live in the Hidden Snow Village. Flame can stop wounds from bleeding out. Like most things in life, Hoichi-chan, its all a matter of perspective.”

His gaze followed her as she placed her hand, and her beloved soft toy, onto a particular memorial stone. Mikki, suddenly, jumped to sit beside the soft toy. He was a strange creature, well, manikin puppet tsukomogami thing, but his faceless expression told of caring… particularly for young people. At least that what Migoya had hoped... but then he saw Mikki trying to flirt with the stuffed toy. Typical.

Migoya’s voice grew soft, and somewhat despondent. “I see you too have suffered loss. Its a terrible thing… but also something that we learn from probably more than any other lesson. Life is fleeting, and what we do with it, who we share it with, and what we are willing to give it for, truly define who we are.” He seemed to be speaking to himself whilst he said this, as if trying to let go of something… or someone. He knew this would lead to a darker place, so he changed the topic quickly, like all good males do.

“A Bard you say? Well… I must admit my voice is not as blessed as some, so forgive me in advance. Which village are you from?”, he inquired kindly, rapidly changing the tone of the conversation for his own… interests. Knowing where she was from might give him for information about her background, and her affiliations. But that could come later.

“Hmm…Lets show you the movements first”.

Now… this was going to be difficult given the girls sight. Hmm… time for some thinking… got it.

“Now - I find this the easiest way to show people the movements for the ritual. I’m going to attach chakra threads to you and ‘puppet’ you through the movements. Don't worry, I’m not going to make you move in ways you don't want to. If you are uncomfortable at any time, let me know and I will stop”.

This was amusing… it seemed that many moons ago Migoya was a preeminent puppeteer, dealing death and destruction using these very same chakra threads. Now he was using them to dance with a little girl.

After making sure that Hoichi was comfortable (OOC: You are more than welcome to say no!), Migoya’s pale hands reached towards her, tiny threads of blue chakra coming forth from his fingers to attach themselves on her hands, head, and feet. Moving his fingers slightly, Hoichi would find her right arm moving upwards - not in a forced manner, but more like a smooth dance partner guiding her movements.

Migoya chuckled kindly. “See - its not so bad! Now… can you tell me in the common language what the words are to the chant? Fiero is not a readily known language”. This was the test… if the young girl actually knew Fiero then she was something special indeed. "And you didnt answer my previous question - what do you think the Will of Fire is? Im curious".

Last edited:

Hoichi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
Hoichi could hear the wooden doll as it made its way to Nezumi, her stuffed animal. Through her blindsight she has an idea of his motions, but not exactly clear. With a little bit of puppetry Nezumi would turn to stare at Miki and tilt its head as if confused.

“I hail from Sakana.” As the name suggests, it is a fishing village. The village is located on the border of the Fire Country next to the sea. There are those that do know how to mold chakra, but none of them were shinobi. These techniques are merely tools to help everyday life. “I believe that it is not too far off from Tea.”

Once again, this man was starting to remind her of her uncles. The priest was on her mother’s side and now she was reminded of the one on her father’s. Her father had a very close friend that ended up marrying his younger sister. It is this person that she sought after coming to Kanoha. It is this person that adopted her as a daughter. “Ah yes, Ryu-sensei taught me how to dance the same way.” Hoichi would relax her body as several strings of chakra wrap around her limbs and she would let him move her like a marionette freely. Maybe this was foolish, but she trusted him.

As he moves her, she remembers what Migoya said this was symbolic of. “So, is this what a flame looks like?” Fire is different to her than others. To others it is primarily a source of light, but to her it is only heat. Even with her unusual senses, she cannot perceive the dancing flame.

“I’m sorry sensei, I’m afraid that I may know the words I do not know their meanings.” Hoichi knew the common language and feugo, but this fiero was never taught to her. "The Will of Fire is the voices of those we loved guiding us forward." She believes sighted people would phrase it as ‘a guiding light within the darkness.' However, she does not understand light or darkness, but she does understand sound. "It is the words we tell each other." This loops back to her first statement. The Will of Fire is not just for her alone. One must light eachother's torches so that we may all see.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Migoya watched with a measure of interest as the young lady showed her puppettering skills - perhaps she was not aware that Mikki was, well, for all intents and purposes a living creature and not a puppet. Tsukumogami were confusing that way, and Mikki certainly liked that. Hoping Mikki would behave himself with the doll, Migoya turned his focus back to Hoichi.

“Ah Sakana - if I recall correctly they are famous for drying the anchovies they catch and making them into snacks. A very quaint village indeed”. One of the benefits of being an outsider was the ability to travel, and as such there were few shinobi who had been as widely travelled as old Migoya.

“And it seems you have been taught the puppet-arts. Excellent - a most useful skill indeed. Ok - are you ready?”.

Migoya would feel the girl relax as if she had done this before, enabling the chakra strings to start her movements. He started off moving the girls arms and legs in an almost trance-like manner. “Flames dance on the wind, blown and carried by subtle changes. Keeping the flame alive is difficult at times, but with the right fuel a flame will survive. Flames do move like this - but obviously it is exaggerated for the ritual”. The hand gestures, symbolic of the flame reaching upwards, and the grounded placement of the feet, and the almost snake--like sway culminated in a resemblance to living flame.

“Normally this is when you light incense and place it into the shrine’s receptacle. Incense is symbolic of the culmination of flame - how it consumes but provides us with light, joy and essentially life. All elements are needed in balance, and fire is just as important as water to our survival”.

The simple movements were repeated several times, Migoya gradually reducing the number of chakra strings guiding the girl as she quickly learned the dance. A wry chuckle escaped Migoya’s throat as she answered his question about the Will of Fire.

“Yes… the voices of those we loved guiding us forward. Good - I'm glad you know that. The words of the ritual are essentially the same - talking about how the Will of Fire is the desire to protect those around us. Like fire, the more we protect and share and feed this emotion, the stronger it, and therefore we, become.”

For a moment Migoya went silent, his thoughts dwelling on how he and his brother had one had this fire within themselves. Life had not been kind to them, and now Migoya was the last of his generation standing - or so he thought. The Will of Fire as it were had been placed into the Myakashi, loyalty to each other overriding everything else. It was a teaching he would pass onto his clan and to all who entered Yamigakure. After all, shadows needed light to exist, and the village hidden in the shadows needed that light source…

“The exact translation… that is something you will learn with experience. Words, like all things that are truly important, have heavier meaning when we experience them.”

Migoya gave a slight smile, as if thinking about a fading memory and bringing it back to life.

“Do you have any other questions young Hoichi-chan?”

Hoichi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
Hoichi was a little surprised that Migoya actually knew about her old village. “Yes, that’s right. They always held festivals at the turning of the seasons and often sold such treats.” It was at one of these small little festivals that she attained her little stuffed plush. Her mother won it for her as a prize. “I would save them and feed them to the cats.” Hoichi recalls a couple of strays hanging around her house. They were friendly, especially with an offering of food. She remembers the feel of their soft fur and the gentle sounds of their purrs.

When he asked for questions, she had a few. She was curious to know more about this man that she has grown a liking to. “I don’t have any questions at the moment.” She pauses for a moment to gather her words. “As I stated before, I am a bard. I would like to give you a performance. I think you might like it. Now I will admit my puppetry is a little crude, but I have incorporated such arts into my work in a way that I believe you would find interesting.” She would then pull out a storage scroll and place it on the ground.

Placing a hand on the scroll and focusing a little bit of chakra into it she summons a zoo of plushies. She had all sorts of animals: A snake, a tiger, a rooster, a horse… There were eleven of them in total. However, if you included the one she had before it would be twelve. A keen observer would notice that all these animals were members of the zodiac.

She would attach a single chakra string to each of them and would then attach the other end of each string to her voice box. She would hum a few notes before singing. The vibrations of her voice flowed through the strings and caused each plush to sing. It was like the old toy with two cups and a string, except somehow the sound of her voice was magnified. The toys basically acted as speakers.

When she actually sang, she would relax and tighten certain strings so that only one plush sang at any given time. Despite having all twelve out she did not use all of them. In fact, one might notice that there was a pattern to the order which she had them sing. A shinobi normally casts a jutsu using handseals with each seal representing a member of the zodiac. Hoichi was doing the same thing with plushies. If Migoya knew his genjutsu he would recognize the pattern as false surroundings.

Hoichi would cast the jutsu a few times in attempts to affect Migoya. If he did allow himself to fall prey to the melody, he would find himself at home. Hoichi learned this jutsu last week. A teacher used it on her with the same effects. When Hoichi was under this illusion she found herself back at Sakana. Hoichi would be curious where Migoya would be. Where would be the place he would call home?

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Nodding, Migoya permitted the young girl to summon forth her puppets, and begin her performance. This was an unusual situation indeed, but unusual situations tended to be the most interesting ones. A casual glance towards the puppets seemed to show that they were symbolic of the Zodiac - and unlike the normal combat puppets he used, these were… soft plushy toys?

The music began…

The crimson eyes, so used to scanning and looking for dangers, closed for the briefest of moments as he allowed himself a moment to enjoy the inspiring and moving ballad. Mikki even looked up, seemingly enjoying the music in his own foreign way.

Hoichi would notice something very odd as Migoya allowed the genjutsu to take hold. Somehow… somehow she would ‘see’ and feel what Migoya was experiencing. The scene changed from that of the memorial stones to an old dirt pathway between run-down buildings. A peal of thunder outlined two young boys, one a skinny albino and the other a bit taller and muscular with brown buzzed-cut hair. The older of the two was holding the younger pale creature, protecting him from the rain and the cold. They seemed to be in an alley-way, the buildings clearly showing signs of Konoha design, but the image of the visages of only one Hokage carved into the rock indicating that this was some time ago…

A voice - Migoya’s certainly, but not coming from where he had been - echoed directly into Hoichi’s mind. Clearly he was permitting the genjutsu to show her things about himself… and as if he had redirected it back onto her, manipulating it somehow and adding another level of ‘experience’ to it.

‘Memories can be dangerous things, Hoichi-chan. If used correctly, they can heal the deepest wounds. Used maliciously, they can dig deeper than any kunai.’

The miserable scene continued, showing a Leaf shinobi coming out of the darkness of the alleyway. The two boys huddled in the darkness as the man approached, clearly scared of what was going to follow.

“They also remind us of who we are, who we wish to become.”

The scene faded away, leaving the pair back at the memorial. Migoya’s crimson eyes glared at the young girl, not that she would see it, but she would certainly feel… something.

“And the costs of getting there”.

He let the words linger ominously, heavy, as if trying to enforce what he was saying to the young girl.

Suddenly, a pale hand reached out towards one of the girls plushies and the item somehow ‘flew’ into Migoya’s outstretched hand. He looked down at the depiction of ‘the Rooster’ - his own zodiac sign. A small smile played on his features as he remembered the importance of his puppets at that age... of how important Mikki was...

“The Zodiac - well represented. Did you create the toys yourself, or where did they come from? And your style - very inventive indeed! A clever use of chakra threads… quite similar to a particular jutsu you may wish to learn. Audio-Medic uses a similar theme, using soundwaves created through a puppet to heal - quite a useful jutsu to learn as you grow. Im sure that you would excel even the greats with that jutsu blending with your natural abilities.”

[MFT]
[WC: 537]

Hoichi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
Hoichi would be glad that her jutsu worked but she was not prepared for the illusion to be shared with her. She had no idea that this was even possible and was quite a unique experience. So was so in awe about the genjutsu being reflected back at her that she did not completely grasp everything that was going on within the illusion. She did find it a little odd as her intent was to have him remember home, which to her mind would be a happy memory. Yet what was being shown to her was not that.

A delivery carrier came as she finished her song. The man said that he had a message from the hokage, which brought a large grin to Houchi’s face. Her expression quickly sours as a piece of paper was placed into her hands. Even with the gift the spirits had bestowed upon her, she is incapable of reading the written word. “Oh for the love of…” After feeling the paper in her hands she would thank the gods. It seems that the kage knew of her disability and had the letter written in braille for her. From the letter it seems she is formally invited to a lesson taught by the Hokage himself. The class is to be held in one of the rooms within the academy. “I’m sorry but I really have to go. It was nice meeting you. I hope we can meet again someday.” She quickly gathers all of her things and books it to the academy.

[left topic]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
To say Migoya didn't get a measure of amusement at his display of genjutsu prowess, blending a reversal jutsu with a ‘tame’ version of a higher level jutsu. Even when aimed towards a little girl, ‘arrogant’ would be correct. He was an arrogant show-off most of the time after all. The moment of confusion… that was what made it worth it. To see someone who felt in control lose it for a second, even in a safe space, was glorious. Intoxicating.

What he had shown her was not what she had wanted… she seemed to have designed the jutsu to show him ‘home’. Migoya’s home was a complicated mess of emotions - was it where he grew up? Where he felt safe? Where he spent most of his time? One thing was clear though - he was not going to compromise the location of his families hidden village, emphasis on hidden. Home was such an issue when he thought about it, and he had simply elected to show the ‘home’ of his nightmares. He was such a smart arse.

But, in his arrogance, he failed to see that this might have scared the girl, and made her resistant to his lesson. This was made apparently clear when she seemed to relish in receiving a note calling her elsewhere.

The impetus of youth.

Migoya gave a small smirk as Hoichi gave her goodbyes, his eyes boring into her with a mixture of frustration, amusement and disappointment - the same look he gave to most other people.

“Perhaps Hoichi-chan”. Doubtful.

“Practice hard”. You will need it.

He watched silently as the young girl and the messenger boy disappeared around the corner. What would her life turn out like? What problems would she face in the days, months, years ahead? The benefit of youth is having the excitement of a life before them, rather than looking back at the life that had past.

Gods Im getting old, Migoya mused.

Cleaning up the memorial, and uttering a silent prayer, Migoya gave a formal bow and turned. It was time for dinner. A dinner that could be his last.

[Topic left - thanks Hoichi!]
[MFT: 351]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back