Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

They'll never understand

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yume had originally planned to do some reading today, maybe to enhance her understanding of the elements or research a way to improve her acupuncture, but all thoughts of learning something had been dashed when she showed up at her Aunts this morning. She shared the Inuzuka bloodline with her cousins but found it so impossible to get along with them or anyone else directly related to her who wasn't her brother, Shinjin. Everyone else in her family always looked at them funny when they were seen together and whispered obscenities about them when they thought they were outside of Yume's excellent hearing. They all thought it was wrong that Yume and Shinij lived with each other when there was room in the family home. The Inuzuka clan was fiercely loyal to one another but many couldn't help but think that Kara's children were some how diseased by being raised near the surface and having a father that wasn't one of them. Yume lay on her back on a bench outside of the learning annex and stared up at the ceiling with a scowl, boring a hole into the hardened earth with her eyes where she knew the sun was shining above it. Four long years and she hadn't seen the sun since her beloved mother died. Tears seeped out from the corners of her eyes as she heard her aunt's chastising words again.

You should live with the Inuzuka where you belong. Your brother doesn't exhibit the traits of the family. It's the outsider’s blood in him, but you were blessed to carry the blood of the beasts in you. It's very indecent for you and Shinji to be so close any way. He shouldn't take advantage of your feelings like that, Yume. It’s indecent for siblings to be in love.

Take advantage of? In love with Shinji? They were the twisted people who kept the bloodline pure by being inbred, but it was she and Shinji who were ostracized for taking care of one another. Yes she loved her brother, but not like that. Hearing her aunt call her father ‘The Outsider’ was almost too much but being accused of being Shinji’s lover? Yume had left the complex without a word. It was hard enough not to strike her aunt but she knew that if she said good-bye, she would say more than she was wanting to. Sometimes she felt that CuRua was the only one who understood her.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Here she was again in this grand hall of learning. Kimi wasn't sure what she wanted to study or if she even wanted to study at all today. The trio was wandering through the halls, just looking around. She had found herself in one section of the library that smelled funky. Just looking at a few of the titles, she understood why. She literally ran out of the section toward the academy portion of the building. As she came closer, she smelled two familiar scents. She slowed in her forward progress and started searching for the Inuzuka she had met a few weeks ago. What was her fox's name again? Oh yes, CuRua. And hers? There it was, Yume.
The closer she came, the more smells she could pick out. The smell of her salty tears was the first thing, accompanied by a feeling of sadness that permeated the air. If CuRua was around, Kimi didn't see him, but she could smell CuRua's lingering scent. She came closer and knelt next to the bench, the cubs went to sit at Yume's feet.
"Yume-chan? Are you alright?"

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yume sat up with a start and wiped off her eyes. An unconvincing smile came to her face and she looked a little more like the cheerful woman who Kimi had met in the street even though it was just a front. She kicked her feet under the bench and crossed her ankles, leaning forward a little and looking up at the Nekozuka. Unlike most occasions, Yume was actually wearing sandals today.

Ohaiyo Kimi-chan! I didn’t sme… hear you come up. I was in my own world. Bad run in with my Aunt this morning is all. Aside from having a fox, there are other things that set me apart from my Inuzuka cousins. We don’t always get along. Don’t you have class today?

It was odd for Yume to be without CuRua but she knew she was going to the complex that morning and the dogs and wolves often looked down on him. Just like Yume and Shinji, CuRua was an outsider to them. Taking the opportunity to pet the cubs without her reynard around, she reaches down and scratches them both behind the ears.

And how are you three today?

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kimi returned Yume's smile, but the concern was still evident in her eyes and body language. She may be younger than this young woman, but Kimi still cared for others in a manner that might seem odd to others. She smiled for real though when Yume started saying that she didn't smell her coming up.
"It's not a bad thing to smell someone coming. That's kinda how I found you. I followed your scent." she said with a slight blush. "I don't understand why people can't be more accepting and understanding. Most of my clan stays away from me for the most part. The only clue I have as to why is that I've had to train myself in emotion control, and this thing that I discovered the other day when I was channeling chakra into different areas of my body. Kimi stood up and channeled chakra into her stomach. A few seconds later a tattoo-like drawing appeared there, the kanji for tiger in the middle with a circle surrounded flower on the outside. She held it for as long as she felt necessary and then let if fade back away
"And as for class, I do have class today, but it was an early class. I had a class on mental health and counseling techniques. I have another one this evening for the other more battle oriented stuff."

The cubs appreciated the rub and showed such by purring happily. They responded to her question instead of Kimi.
"Wish fox was here. Want to be friends with him.""All us good. You no seem good. We no like that. Wish we could change mean person's mind." Kimi awwed and hugged her cubs before moving to to sit beside Yume.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I guess I’m used to most people finding it a rude way to say how they were noticed. Truthfully, I usually smell people before I see them. CuRua is at home right now. The clan companions don’t like him very much because he’s different. I don’t need them anyway. I just need my real family, Shinji and CuRua… and good friends.

Yume picks up Katsu and then Kora and gives them each a kiss on the nose. Their genuine concern gives the MiT a pick-me-up and her smile becomes a little more honest. Setting the second cub down and watching as Kimi causes a mark to show on her midriff, Yume gets a slightly scared but mostly awe-struck look on her face. Her inate curiousity causes her to reach out and trace over the kanji with one finger, careful not to tickle the Nekozuka. She had only heard of them in her textbooks but had never seen one up close before.

Kimi-chan, that’s a curse seal. It means that something has been locked inside you… or something has been restricted in your chakra flow. Most people are afraid of what they don’t know. They should just get to know you. From what I’ve seen you’re such a sweet girl and dedicated to your studies. It’s their loss, really.

((OOC: Lemme know if it's not a curse seal. It just sounded like one >_>))

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
((well, this is what it looks like, and it's a jink seal, so i guess calling it a curse seal works lol, and btw, the "cubs" are about hip high on Kimi's 5'5" form (aged them up since i was getting annoyed at having an academy student...)))

"I do that too. That's how I found Saemon-san. Smelled his scent mixed in with metal, knew he was a ninja from that. It is kind of funny, but most ninja have the smell of metal around them. As for the buttheads that you're related to, to hell with them. If they can't accept you for who you are, they're not worth your time."

Kimi smiled and chuckled when Yume picked up Kora and Katsu's front halves and kissed them on the nose. The big cats' tongues would come out and they each licked one of Yume's cheeks. Kimi would smile at their affection. When Yume traced the kanji on the seal, as she called it, Kimi let out an almost silent purr. Her face then contorted into a confused "where the F did that come from" look.

"So, there's probably something inside me? That would explain the annoying voice I hear now and then. It would also explain why I get power surges when I'm in a heightened emotional state. You've given me something to consider and confront my father about. Thank you."

She sat there for a moment, eyes closed and took a few deeper breaths. "It might be weird for some of my clansmen, but I think it would be fun to have you over sometime. My immediate family is rather accepting of all people, and you wouldn't have to meet the stuck up butts either. CuRua might be a little scared of the big cats around, but maybe he can learn that the big cats can be gentle and fun to play with." Kimi smiled brightly, her eyes sparkling a bit.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yume giggles a little at hearing Kimi’s purr. Anyone else may not have heard it but with their hightened hearing, there was no hiding it. If they were closer she might have tried to give her an actual tummy scratch but Yume wasn’t so sure that she knew Kimi well enough to venture such a thing.

I would really like that, Kimi. CuRua is a bit of a scaredy cat, pardon the expression, but I’m sure he would love the company. He gets lonely because we haven’t seen many fennecs down here, just dogs and wolves. Friends would do him good even if he acts like he doesn’t want any. If there is an issue with me being Inuzuka I can always cover my marks. Having them only on one cheek makes them easy to cover with a hairstyle.

She hadn’t told her cousins and aunt about her Nekozuka friend. Shinji didn’t even know but Shinji didn’t really car about the problems of cats and dogs. He was more interested in training and didn’t get caught up in clan politics. Inside, Yume hoped that Kimi’s family would be okay with her. She didn’t expect friendship, but acceptance would be nice.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kimi smiled brightly when Yume agreed that it would be good to come over. And she even chuckled when she called her fox a scaredy cat. Yume then said something about covering her markings and Kimi almost growled, almost.

"Honestly, if they have an issue with it, they can go stuff it. To hell with stuck up bastards."
Kimi smiled somewhat ferally, she seemed to disappear momentarily as a different presence shone behind her eyes. Kora bumped her leg with her head and Kimi came back just as quick.

"That was weird... I felt like I wanted to destroy all the stuck up people... Glad Kora knocked me out of that."

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yume couldn’t put her finger on it but something flashed through Kimi. It wasn’t her scent and Yume wasn’t sure if she had actually seen her eyes change, but something was definitely off. Maybe it was her animal instinct kicking in, but her vixen nature made Yume want to get away and hide. There was a predator around. Brushing it off, Yume laughs at her comment about the stuck up people and carried on as if she didn’t notice anything. It was for the girl and her father to discuss.

Yeah! Who needs ‘em! Do you have any plans for our medical training? I really haven’t been paying any attention to it. I’ve been practicing my clinical stuff, acupressure and such, but I’ve wanted to see what there is to learn around the hospital… Wouldn’t we be a pair working side by side?

With a grin and a giggle, Yume pictured them doing rounds in the hospital or carrying out missions. Of course, in Yume’s head they had their respective ears and tails making the spectacle that much more entertaining to her.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kimi smiled brightly when Yume agreed with her. Her expression then changed to a pensive one when the Inuzuka asked about their medical training. A smile crept onto Kimi's lips as Yume giggled. The vision of them with ears and a tail didn't just pop into Yume's head. The vision of her with purple and black tiger tail and ears walking next to a foxified Yume made her giggle as well. A thought came to mind, did she have the same thought?
"We would be quite the pair. I wonder how people would react if we walked around in a henge. You know, the whole ears and tail bit. I think that would go over well with the kids. I can hear them now. 'Look! A kitty girl!' Or 'Look a fox girl!' It would be adorable."
Her eyes widened as she realized that she didn't answer anything about her plans for medical training.
"Well, I thought about going into the psychiatric division, but I'm not sure. I also thought about being a combat mednin, but I'm not sure about that either. I guess I'm just confused what I should do. I mean, if it turns out that I do have something inside me, then how safe would it be for me to treat patients? Not only that, if I somehow contain a demon, isn't demonic chakra poisonous to anyone but the container? I'm just worried. Too many things to think about. Perhaps I shouldn't worry about it for now."

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kimi-chan, if there is something inside of you I'm sure you'll adapt. Others have had things sealed in them and have done great things. I’m not sure about whether or not the chakra is poisonous but a Sennin could tell you… or maybe your father. I agree. Don’t worry for now. You’re bright and strong. Things will work out.

Yume gives the Nekozuka a bright smile and tweaks the tip of Kimi’s nose between her thumb and forefinger gently. With a few hand gestures, long fennec ears and a bushy tail appear on Yume as she henge’s to fit the description of they’re shared fantasy.

Pediatrics would be so much fun! Keeping the children smiling. There are far too many that grow up too soon. I was supposed to but I decided against it. Ha ha ha! I’m thinking field medic, personally. My father might have survived if there was one with them. Sure ANBU and most shinobi know basic first-aid… but during battle and dangerous missions, they should have their own... sometimes help is too far away other wise.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kimi nodded and smiled at Yume. She was right. If there was something inside of her, the chakra wouldn't necessarily be poisonous, and she'd adapt either way. Canine and feline were both good at adapting to new situations. When the vixen tweaked her nose, she couldn't help but scrunch it up and rub it with the back of her hand. Yume then performed a henge to give herself ears and a tail. With a bright smile, Kimi copied her actions and a purple and black set of tiger features appeared. The tail swished happily and even tickled Katsu's nose, since she was the closest.
"We don't have to do pediatrics all the time. All I know is that after seeing a lot of death on the battle field, we might want a break and help care for the young. It always seems they're so happy, even when sick."

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
In the distance Yume can hear a bell chime for the end of a class. Soon the there would be students out and about, probably for lunch at this time or perhaps for their afternoon class. Yume wasn’t really sure how long she had been in the library before Kimi came up but by the feeling in her stomach it must have been awhile. Before she has a chance to mention getting something to eat, Yume can see their hero bouncing his way down the hall with a pouched vest around his torso and a tied off bag in it’s mouth. Halting obediently upon reaching the girls, CuRua places the bag down at Yume’s feet and noses at her leg.

I would have been here sooner but I saw Kimi and thought it would be nice for you to have a friend who understands your connection with me. Shinji gave me some lizard meat for the kittens and I and there is a chicken bento for each of you in the bag.

Reaching over the food with open arms, Yume helps her friend wriggle out of the vest where the lizard meat (which was wrapped in butchers paper) was located in the pouch on the back. She knew what it took for CuRua to communicate with other people and as attentive at Shinji was it mustn’t have been easy. Once the clothing was removed, the fox was enveloped in a tight hug which was met with dramatic coughing as if she were choking the life out of him. Having grown up with the fennec, Yume knew he wasn't serious but that he simply wasn't sure how to handle her cuddely nature sometimes, especially in public. She'd never tell that his favourite thing to do was to curl up against her stomach when she's sleeping. With a giggle she puts him down and opens the wrapped meat, placing it on the ground for the tigers and fox. She then opens the bag and produces the food for Kimi and her.

CuRua thought it would be good to be friends. Hungry?

((OOC: I POSTED! btw, by lizard meat... think for komodo dragon, big lizard type of meat))

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kimi smelled something on the air and looked where Yume was. She smiled brightly as she saw CuRua bounding toward them. She could smell the different meats he was carrying. Her stomach growled gently and she snorted. She was just lucky that it lined up with CuRua wiggling in Yume's arms.
Kora and Katsu's tail ends started twitching happily when they smelled the lizard meat. They laid down and waited patiently for the meat to be placed in front of them. When Yume set it down, they each made to lick her hand in thanks before tearing off a piece and chewing it with a smile.
Kimi knealt between her girls as they ate, petting their heads a few times before smiling at CuRua once more. Her smiled brightened again when Yume explained why he had stayed back for a little while.
"Well, it is good to have friends. And having you as one is an amazing treat." Kimi smiled brightly once more. She really really liked being friends with this teal haired girl.
"And that chicken bento smells amazing. I would love to eat with you."

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yume perches atop crossed legs and rests her meal in the hollow between her knees. It never was a problem for her to not have many friends. She had CuRua… but she had to concede that it was nice to have someone that was more like her. Even down to the bloodline, Kimi had an understanding of Yume that most other people didn’t. She was glad that they ignored the neko vs. inu differences and became friends. Most of Yume’s family wasn’t happy she chose to associate with they’re “sworn enemy”. In reality the rest of the Inuzuka clan was just full of themselves.

Around halfway through the meal, Yume stops for a moment. Her mind had ran through a series of thoughts that started with Kimi and her first meeting and slowly ended with the realization that Kimi seemed more comfortable with Saemon than Yume did.

I know you’re younger than me, Kimi-chan… not by much mind you, but you seem more at ease around guys than I do. How do you do it? I mean, I like guys and I can talk to them when it’s in a friendly manner but the moment one tries to make a pass at me or if I find him cute, I freeze up. I’m 18 and I have problems talking to boys! Ha ha ha.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kimi ate in silence, still smiling. She thought about how the two sworn enemies, at least by the stuck up pricks' point of view, had become friends so quickly. She was amazed even more by CuRua's acceptance of the two creatures that towered over him. If her girls were on their hind legs, they were at least six feet tall. CuRua, however, would probably only be about two feet. Without thinking, Kimi's hand went to Katsu's head and scruffed it a bit. A chuckling growl echoed from the tiger's throat and caused Kimi to smile once more. When Yume spoke, Kimi listened attentively and couldn't help but smile a toothy grin.
"To be honest, I'm kind of nervous around guys myself. I never quite know what to do, until I embrace my more cat-like side. I had a civilian boyfriend for a while. Poor guy just couldn't get over the fact that I would literally start purring when something felt good. Never got much of anywhere because of that fact. I seriously think dating a shinobi would be better in that regards. At least they understand that Nekozuka are really cat-like, just like they would understand that you're a vixen and others are dog-like."
Kimi couldn't help but shake her head when she brought up the boy that had tried to date her. Regardless of Kimi's father trying to explain things to him, the guy freaked out and literally ran from the room the first time they did anything more than kissing. She sighed and breathed, "That idiot."
Her anger started to surface and Kora nudged her arm, but not before her grip had broken the chopsticks in her hand. Another sigh was issued from the young Nekozuka's mouth. In a small flash of brilliance, she pulled out two senbon and started using them like the now broken chopsticks that were laying on the floor.
"Maybe you just have to more fully embrace your vixen side when you talk to guys. It might help." Kimi shrugged and turned back to the bento.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
At least you’ve HAD a boyfriend. Before I was 14 I was more or less a surface dweller and since losing our mom, Shinji has been really protective. We’re pretty close so I can understand why my aunt would think those things about us. What’s really effed up is that most of the Inuzuka clan is inbred, which is their prerogative really, but they shunned my mother for marrying an outsider and they practically disown me because they assume things about Shinji and I. If my brother exhibited the family traits, they would encourage such behaviour from us.

She contemplated Kimi’s suggestion. How would one become more like a vixen with out being, well, a vixen? Could she manage to be cutesy and slightly seductive without being a tramp? She would have to consider all the possibilities and then act on one of them. A thought hatches in her mind… Maybe Shinji would be more accepting of a potential mate for Yume if he was less worried about his little sister and more focused on his own love interest. If the age gap wasn’t so big, Yume would have suggested her brother to Kimi. He had grown up with Yume and was more than used to getting bitten and play fighting. She pushed any thoughts from her mind with haste. It wasn’t her job to play matchmaker and Shinji was always too busy with training and missions to get tangled up in a lover.

Reaching the end of her meal, Yume puts the empty container in CuRua's bag and stretches. What to do for the rest of the day? There was a medical class tomorrow but what about tonight? She had training with Shinji in the afternoon and then she was free. There was only one thing to do...

We should get a group together to go dancing. I hear there are some good clubs over in the entertainment district. What do you think?

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Nani was heading to the Grand Halls to get to class when she saw a couple of people talking. She quickly hides behind a trash can. Nani was always very shy and was always being picked on by the kids at the academy. Even here parents thought she was weird. She hated people for they never seem to understand. Though she may be hiding the Inuzuka would know she is there. Nani would smell of ash for fire was her elemental affinity. She holds a white teddy bear whose head moves to look at her. “Shh, quite teddy they might hear us.” Every so often she'll pear over the trash can to see if they were still there. She hoped they would finished their conversation and leave, but it her nervousness she breaths a small breath of flame and ignites the trash inside the can. Nani had a lot to learn about control.

[Hope you don't mind me entering]

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
((I'm sure sure when Kimi will be back. I'll go ahead and post))

Yume feels her eyes begin to water and her nose twitches at the scent of cinders. Unable to stop the building event, she sneezes three times, each one as disorienting as the last. Wiping her eyes, she looks around for the source of her discomfort. Instead of finding the person whose scent is mingled in with the ashy overtones, Yume spies a trash can that has been recently lit aflame. She jumps up and dashes over, water collecting from the humidity in the air and pooling in her palms. Upon reaching the miniature blaze, the Inuzuka douses the fire until there are a couple of inches of fluid in the bottom of the bin and no embers to be found. Behind the bin, a terrified expression stares up at her and Yume feels her heart go out to the terrified Youth. From the smell of the girl she could tell that it was likely the fire and her were connected. One more sneeze finds it's way to Yume's nose before she squats down to eye level with the hiding student.

Don't worry little one. I won't tell. It was probably an accident. What's your name? I'm Sagasu Yume of the Inuzuka clan and this is my friend CuRua. Behind me is Kimi, Kora, and Katsu. They're all really nice.

To the best of her ability, Yume points in the direction of the individuals she names. CuRua had been watching the event with mild interest but upon seeing that there was someone new to meet, he makes his way over to perch on Yume's shoulders.

A fire kin? And one so young! I suppose your father was wise to teach you the art of water in such an arid place.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Nani was indeed terrified for she was discovered and there was no one else but her to blame. Luckily Yume felt for her, but Nani did not trust her. Nani was sure that she would be punished for this. She holds up her teddy bear as a shield and yells, “You Lie! Teddy protect me!” In a puff of smoke her teddy transforms into a girl around Nani’s age. However the girl shared many aspects of her teddy bear form. On her head were small round ears and on her butt a ball like tail. Her hair was of the same color as the teddy and she also bore a crescent moon on her for head. The bear girl stood with a wide stance and arms open; trying to defend her master. Her body shivers a little for she was not sure is she could handle Yume if she got serious. Teddy was not the fighting type.
b8a02d10.jpg

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back