Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

'Til Morning Comes, Let's Tessellate [Kiri]

Higeki Tenko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Scrolls and books littered the ornate wooden table before the straw-haired kunoichi. She was practically buried beneath the legion of academia, her build just slight enough to be dwarfed by her base of operations. Tanned, calloused fingers turned the page of a particularly dated text, austere blue eyes scanning every word at a speed almost inhuman. This, too, was an exercise within an excuse to study - she would time what it took her to get through a page and resolve to beat that scoring on the next page over. The issue was both scanning the words and absorbing their meaning, something she was slowly grasping.

Her head tilted ever so slightly to the side, the bob of her ponytail sending it in a slow collapse over her shoulder until it tickled the very top of her book. She didn't seem to notice; or, rather, she didn't seem to care, not allowing anything to break her concentration. It would be easy - she found herself overly sensitive to even the slight shifts and changes within an environment, every noise and image in the corner of her eye sending a tense spark through her muscles. A deeper exercise, then, one in concentration. Cool breath blew across that bundle of hair, sending the strands scattering across the edge of the paper until she was able to turn the page.

She thumbed through the book meticulously, finding a pace that wasn't rushed yet wasn't lax enough to lull her into security. A perfect balance; lord knows she had the time to settle on it, considering just how long she had been waiting already for someone she had long decided was unlikely to show. There would be no complaints from her, though - it was out of her hands and this opportunity was afforded to her, a clean way to make up time wasted. Surrounded by so much knowledge she found no reason not to learn what she could about the few - relatively, to her rank - things she didn't already know about the duties of shinobi.

That's why she barely twitched when she heard those approaching footsteps grow ever closer. She had noticed him, of course, the moment the library had been entered; from the corner of her eye, without taking it away from the words in front of her. It was nothing more than an employ of caution - the possibility of any threat within the village itself was low, but that was never quite enough to settle Tenko down from her guard. The touch of paranoia that constantly pervaded her thoughts did not equate to her being jumpy, however, and she maintained her cool as always. There was nothing wrong with a shinobi remaining prepared for any situation. This is what she would tell herself, every time her surveyal felt a little overeager.

"He isn't here," she spoke, concisely, the tenor of her words as steady and ascetic as her expression. It was only when she finished her spot, able to turn the page again, that she looked up to better greet the arrival - purely out of desire to avoid a discourteous social performance. People weren't her strong suit; serving her village (or at the very least, training to reach a point where she could) was. Her hand marked her place, the cover turned over to reveal the subject as Kumogakure Law. "The teacher, that is. It isn't my place to presume his whereabouts but I don't believe he'll be joining us today."

There was no embellishment to any of her words, nothing to betray any emotion. A look in the gaze that fell upon him would convey the same effect. At the very least, she recognized the convening party as a superior - he wasn't a fellow student, and this earned him a tilt of her head forward as a show of respect. "That's why you're here, is it not? For the class on law study?"

If she was wrong, she was wrong. At any dismissal she would be free to return to her studies.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: 'Til Morning Comes, Let's Tessellate [Kiri/Arata]

To say that Kiri frequented the library recently was an understatement. He practically lived there, almost. After being reassigned to his current rank, his menial chores at the hospital lessened, but the paperworks increased. Moreover, because of his own curiosity and inclination towards anatomy and surgical innovations, his responsibility for further research had doubled. And perhaps that was the reason he was quickly becoming notorious for his teaching method, particularly with his chosen student Eishi. But today, as he walked through the reception, flashing his identification pass, it had nothing to do with research plans that would ideally involve the boy. He’d give the student a break for once, which meant he would have to devout his time in finishing a report.

But as he walked, carrying a couple of folders and sliding in between shelfs to pick out books, a sudden voice would catch his ear. For a moment, Kiri paused on his tracks, his finger barely touching the fifth book he was about to get. Then, there was silence and he traced his finger along the spine to return his thoughts on it, admiring how perfectly kept this particular book was, before taking it out of the shelf. Only then would he hear the voice once more and this time, he turned to face the source.

Seated by a table, surrounded by a wall of books, was a girl who looked at him in curiosity as well as asked. Kiri, sharpened his eyes, golden orbs went straight to studying the girl’s features before he properly faced her and adjusted the books he was carrying. “Oh, I’m not here for any class,” he answered as he walked past her chair, “But if you study all day, you won’t really advance as much as you think. Theory is only as good as application.” He pauses at a shelf behind the girl before picking up another book, then doubling back to find the empty chair at the other end of her table. He would place his things there before taking off the black overcoat, leaving his equally black suit and vest, which made his white hair stand out all the more. He glanced from left to right for a bit before finally stretching his arms, and then settling in on the chair. Most of the books he got were about physiology and seemingly research journals.

“Hmmm,” he suddenly murmured as he flipped the first few pages, “Maybe I’ll have him cut open the gut next time and explore the organs, and teach the proper way of cutting a liver.”

Higeki Tenko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She was wrong, then, after all. He earned a blink from her as he turned and spoke, a nudge aside of her book allowing him her proper attention. It seemed she had interrupted him with whatever duty he was fulfilling perusing the library's shelves - even now, it seemed notably silly of her to have mistaken him for a student. Not a student, per se, but someone with any intention of being taught: that wasn't the kind of impression he gave. He almost looked familiar; this was a trait she noted but did not remark upon, instead letting her eyes politely frame him in their ascetic sights before following him in his short trek behind her.

It didn't matter that he gave off an air of superiority - which she respected - or seemed perfectly calm. The notion of someone around her yet out of her sights sent a muted shiver across the hairs on the back of her neck. She kept her composure, hands resting on the table and a telltale expression of automatic obedience muddying her otherwise emotionally absent features. "My apologies, then, sir," was the first of her reply to part her lips in a concise tone. She settled on a generic honorific, unsure if she should be regarding him as a teacher or otherwise. She would look particularly foolish if he turned out to be the Shinobi Law tutor she was meant to be meeting right about now; it quickly became apparent that wasn't the case, relieving her of any misplaced concern.

Next was, "I don't disagree." She was watching him as he disrobed his cloak, a slight tilt of her head trailing every movement. He decided to take up the seat across from her and she offered no protest - not only was there not a bone in her body that could steer her to intentionally disrespecting a senior ninja, but she had the curiosity to find his presence intriguing. "I tend to prefer more tactile learning, yes. I've been waiting for - no, well, I suppose I've been taking this chance to catch up on my studies. I find reading comes naturally to me." It wasn't a boast, just a statement of fact. Her timbre reflected this, self-assured in a way that displayed extreme discipline. "An application is only as good as its theory just the same. I'll be sure to put anything I learn into practice as soon as I may."

Her steely blue gaze shifted down towards the texts he, too, had collected - there was a focus on subjects that guided her to this next conclusion, further solidified by his trailing words. "An interest in the medical field, sir?" She inquired, remaining courteously fixed in her seat; she wouldn't lean forward for a better look, so she merely provided her eyes and ears for any answer he deigned to give.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back