Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Time for reform...

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A council meeting was in session, and well into the session it was. This meeting was with regard to the new Raikage, how ironic this was they had no idea of. An argument was going around in circles, there were those who felt that a vote should be held again, continuing to attempt to grant Hayata Shin’s last wish for this being the way to decide the next Raikage. Then there were those who felt that it had been tried and it had failed.

The Council were aware that they hadn’t tampered with the vote and that a fair vote had been held. When the nominations had come in they had questioned in great depth the candidates. Shinrya Kitsune, she had been at Shin’s death, her silence on what happened there possibly dependant on her not being the Raikage, who knew what she might do if she were elected. Akira Saito, Shin’s best friend, a man of ridiculous power within Kumogakure, and even if his popularity had faded with his retirement he was a force which would cause them trouble whether Raikage or not. And of course the one who was fated to become Raikage through the vote, a woman who had helped with his death, Tanaka Hikari.

What happened happened, but the Council for the most part breathed a sigh of relief with it. She was the least likely to cause a stir, and they had her cousin in their personal custody, the Medical Chief of the Takai Institute swearing that they and only they could give him orders with regards to the fate of Ai. This meant that the Council felt that they had some sway over the decisions which would be made, ideal for them. However Akira Saito was still an issue, the veteran shinobi had his methods, and if he had any inkling of foul play then they could be sure he would find something out somewhere. What they had to hope for was that their job had been done completely.

The real issue, in many ways, was how the main loose ends had been tied up. Several ANBU killed under missions which were taken under council order… so many missions over the course of 24 hours was unusual, it stood out. It was something Akira would notice for sure, and with all of the ANBU dying and the Harvesters returning that wouldn’t look good for the council. Yet if that was all he had they could rest assured that they were safe. But then another issue, an end untied due to a level of care for Daisuke. Junko had been left alive.

“So put it to a vote. Those for setting someone we want as Raikage, as has been done for generations raise your hand. Those who wish to allow for a democratic vote once more keep yours down.”
Hands raised and some were lowered. It seemed that they would be setting the Raikage.

“Eleven for us to set the Raikage, eight for a democratic vote. In one weeks’ time we will convene placing down the names of those we need to consider for the role and will discuss them then. Next subject. The issue Junko provides us with. I give the chair to Hirokaname.”

The older ex-shinobi stood and looked at everyone before he started speaking “Because of all your soft hearts it seems that there might have been some correspondence between Junko and Akira. I’m not sure exactly what has been said so far between the two but we need to take Junko out yesterday if we are to stop anything from happening.”

“Why don’t we just take out Akira and be done with it?” said one of the younger councilors, casually. He wasn’t one of the elder members of the council and though he had heard the tales of Akira he’d never had to deal with the man personally.

All the senior members however looked at him with judgement, one shook her head, another leaned his head back and sighed, Hirokaname however answered “You don’t know what you’re dealing with. Akira is Shinbatsu’s student, and although this is possibly more scary by name to those who do not know him the reality is much worse. The religion to ‘lord’ Shinbatsu is most heavily numbered amongst the members of the ANBU, this means that while Akira is ANBU Sennin we can’t touch him. I lost all my voices in ANBU as soon as he was given the title again. The man can be trusted, but unfortunately that trust is in him doing what he feels is best for the village, and right now that would mean removing anyone and everyone which helped Shin’s death. We could be seen as having done that, which makes us a target. We need to get Junko, that is the weaker link which we could sever and be safe with.”

“But Akira would still remain. What if he does like any other shinobi and simply use a half-baked idea and use that?”

“Because he’s not just any other shinobi. You’re dealing with a man who is hailed as a demi-god by some and to anyone who has fought alongside him he is just simply known as one of the best shinobi in this village. To take him out would take substantial resources, and to fail in the attempt might as well be suicide for us.”

Kioku sighed as he answered “I don’t thi…” he was interrupted as one of the guards ran in and whispered in Mayuriu’s ear. Noise in the corridor could be heard as the door was opened. Calls of “Please stop sir, you are unable to enter immediately, you need permission by council. Please sir. We will have to use force if you persist”

And then a voice answering them, a voice which sent a chill down those who recognised it for who it was “You stand down. I am here with the full authority my title allows.”

“Sir stand down or we will use fo…” the door closed, cutting the sound from outside to nothing.

“Looks like it’s too late.” She said simply, turning in her chair, calmness washing over her as she steadied herself for what was to enter, they had four guards outside, but she knew that wouldn’t stop him.

A rumble they could feet through the floor gave away the result. Combat had ensued, yet the door opened. Why one of the guards would be coming through the door they didn’t know… then in stepped the nearly seven foot, muscle bound form of Akira. Followed by the diminutive female form of Rega.

The rumbling was still taking place however.

“Who is fighting out there?” Asked one of the councillors, younger, probably a leader of a clan.

Akira looked at him “Your guards.”

“Who are they fighting is what I meant.” The tone taking a frustrating turn, the obvious answer not appreciated and the tension in the room getting to the individual.

A smile on Akira’s face gave away his amusement as he answered again “Your guards.”

The mans face showed his confusion. Why would their guards be fighting each other?

Akira could see the unasked question, and as no-one else in the room had spoken up yet he decided to elaborate “One of them is a devout Shinbatsu worshipper. I also told them why I was here and another decided that siding with me was a good idea. The other two I commend on your choosing them for their loyalty, but with my genjutsu holding them back I doubt they’ll have much of a chance.”

He let that sink in, they had been let in by their own guards, Akira walking through unscratched and then there was silence in the hall. Two guards entering behind Akira and then standing on either side of him.

“You are all charged with conspiracy to commit seven counts of murder, attempting to cover up the death of Ejji, attempting to cover up the death of Daisuke, and attempting to cover up the death of the Raikage, Hayata Shin. In addition to these charges I will be charging you with rigging the election, whether this is true or not I will uncover over the months of your other trials. How do you plead?”

The councilors looked to one another. They had been silent, listening to Akira’s charges, some amused knowing that they had a portion of the judges in their pocket and could easily get them on their side. But Akira’s last statement made it seem like they were needing to enter their plea here and now… finally one spoke up.

“We’ll wait for the trial.”

“There will be no trial. I know how you work. I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t have the complete evidence needed to have you arrested and convicted of these charges. So once again. How do you plead?”

This time the straight backs bent, their fate was decided, there was no point to them even giving an answer.

“Guilty.” Said Okaname looking Akira in the eye “I admit to our involvement in all accounts, but we did not tamper with the election.”

Akira nodded.

“So what is my sentence?”

“You will all be sentenced at the same time.” Akira answered, and looked to the rest.

They had been given up, there was no point in arguing now, one voice after another gave their guilty plea. Some initially starting with “Not” but only to recind their call as another member would speak logic to them. Others were visibly distressed, tears rolling down their cheeks as they answered.

Finally it was done. One of the guards grit his teeth, pulled his blade and went to move forward, Akira’s hand finding his chest and stopping him from doing so, but his voice called out and cut them instead.

“I served you all loyally for the better part of a decade! Shin was a good man, as was Daisuke, and Ejji was but a child! What if he were my child?! How dare you. How fucking dare you. You should all die.” As he spoke tears formed in his eyes, angry tears, frustrated tears “Kill them Akira. It’s what they deserve. Let me kill them, please.”

Akira could feel the man’s body shaking with rage, and his eye watched the council as they looked away, unable to meet his gaze.

“You are all relieved of your stations. You will hand me two documents. The first will be your resignations, admitting your guilt and part to play as the reason for your resignation, and you will then all go to your estates. An ANBU will be assigned to you as a guard at all times as it would with any retired council or Raikage member. What you have done will be officially noted, any who wish to seek out the knowledge will be able to get it, but your sentence is home confinement for the rest of your lives. In the cells you would die, and though I am tempted to give you the same sentence as you gave Ai I will instead let you all think about the shame you bring on yourselves and the shame you bring to your families with the decisions you have made.”

“And the second?” It was Okaname again, one of the few with his head still up, perhaps more so now than before, the weight of the lies lifted.

“The second will be your handing your power to me and the power that of a Raikage.”

“You would disestablish the Council entirely and take on the power both of the Council and the Raikage?” Okaname said, this time concern in his voice.

“Only temporarily. By doing this it enables me to re-establish the Council with all appropriate powers and make changes to the shinobi system as they need to be made in this current era where it seems things have gotten confused.”

“Now write, and then leave.”

They each began writing, the silence broken only by the sound of paper and writing. Eventually one by one they gave him the parchments, he read them and then allowed them to go. One by one they were spat on by the guard who wanted them dead. It was something Akira wouldn’t stop him from doing.

Eventually they were in an empty room.

“You two can leave.” He said to the guards, dismissing them.

When the door closed he sat on the chair and sighed in relief. It was as though everything had lifted.

“I’m glad the gamble paid off.” He said looking to Rega.

“I was worried that there were none who felt the guilt and who would speak up.” He smiled. He did have the evidence, to be sure, but if they had all claimed to be not guilty then he would have struggled with what would need to have been done next.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back