Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Time to rest these weary feet [Open]

Uchiha Daisuke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Daisuke's mind buzzed with the dull ache that normally accompanied a double shift at the hospital, pushing any more constructive thoughts away with incessant noise. Luckily, thanks to his experience at dealing with this particular situation, the shinobi knew that the best thing for him would be to get himself some food and sit down for a while. He had discovered a while back that tranquility was the perfect remedy to the tiring business of working as a medical ninja, and so it was for this reason that the man found himself in the Dawnbringer's Plaza, his hands stuffed in his pockets as he absent-mindedly sidled along. Making a meandering line towards the nearest eatery, Daisuke fished into his pocket to see how much money he had on him and, satisfied with the amount, slumped into the nearest free chair and pulled a menu over towards himself. He barely seemed to notice the different dishes and when a waitress approached, he ordered something simple and sat back in his seat, his feet thanking him for the respite as he looked out over the plaza.

So many people here, this place is full of life. A complete change from skulking around small villages and being bored stiff, and even if it's tiring it is most definitely a welcome thing.

Daisuke's thoughts slipped into contemplation about the current state of Konoha, the place he had always assumed he would call home. He had left rather abruptly, his awakened Sharingan powers still new to him and he had wanted to get away from the bad memories that he had from the place, but he still felt a pang of regret over what had happened to his old home.

You need a distraction...scratch that; you need a friend.

That voice in his head wasn't wrong; the shinobi had very much kept to himself since becoming a member of Cloud. He knew some people vaguely thanks to his work at the hospital, but Daisuke had to admit that he missed the comradery and friendship that had been his before his impromptu sabbatical. He spared a thought for Arashi and Takeshi but was interrupted by his food arriving. He nodded his thanks at the woman who placed his bowl down and the Uchiha began to eat, his mind still wandering at what he could do to meet new people. After all, you can't walk around with a placard that read "Shy guy, need friends" if only for the fact that it would bring down a world of abuse.

Finish eating, then maybe I'll just have a wander round and see if there's anybody that seems talkative or friendly...better than going home and reading at any rate.

The thought firmly planted in his mind, Daisuke carried on eating with a renewed sense of purpose. Maybe tonight was the night he made his first new friend.

WC - 478
MFT

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Randori could see the tree line ahead of him as he finally found his way out of the forest, he wandering for hours and decided that he would go to the susukino district for food. He was walking for about another thirty minutes before he reached it and began regretting his decision due to all the people around him. Randori could feel the dirt that stuck to him when he climbed out of he river and figure that he looked like he could have been stuck in the forest for days. Several people glared at him as he walked by, he was now hating his decision to come here. His eyes were now glued to what was in front of him as he entered the plaza an saw the massive statue of Aion.

Seeing the different places he could go to eat, Randori had to stand and think about what he actually wanted.. and what he could afford. He saw a ramen shop but then he saw the prices and knew he couldn't afford it. Now feeling very hungry due to the smell of food, he just wanted to sit down to let his stomach feel better as he over complicated choosing where to eat. As he sat down, he stared at the statue that was now very close to him and he forgot all about his hunger. He simply got lost in thought while he sat there and couldn't do anything but breath and think until his own smell and hunger snapped him out of it. He decided he would go to the ramen shop and try to he a meal without paying for it.

Uchiha Daisuke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Daisuke's quiet meal was continuing nicely when he noticed a young shinobi enter the plaza and, after looking furtive and a little bit sheepish, look at the ramen shop where Daisuke sat. The medic could imagine the man's thought process, noting the slightly dishevelled state that the man seemed to be in and he suppressed a smile as he placed his ramen down in front of him.

It's a start I suppose.

“Hey kid, fancy some ramen? I'm willing to trade a meal for some information if you're interested?”

Daisuke didn't know if the boy would respond, but he figured that it wouldn't hurt to try, and so he waited to see what the young shinobi's response would be.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Randori stopped as the man asked him a question, he looked at the him for several seconds before saying, "Sure, what kind of information do you need?" Normally not trusting anyone, especially not someone he's never met before, Randori only accepted his offer due to how hungry he was and the fact he didn't completely want to risk being caught stealing a meal. He sat next to the man somewhat cautiously and looked at him with a fake smile before asking, "What's your name?" figuring that might make himself somewhat less cautious if the man were willing to share his name.

Randori shifted uneasily in his seat before their ramen came, this made him forget his unease and immediately started eating, not giving the man a chance to talk until he was done eating. He could hardly even taste the ramen before finishing it and wiping his mouth with his sleeve. Now slumping down in his chair, Randori looked back at the man and waited for him to ask about the information he wanted.

Uchiha Daisuke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Daisuke suppressed a grin at the boy as he approached, apprehension written on his face.

Ah the wariness of the young, so much less cynical than my own wariness at a new face.

“I'm Uchiha Daisuke, and I was just wanting a bit more information about the city.”

He held back on the rest of what he wanted to say as the young shinobi attacked his ramen like an enemy, viciously wolfing the meal down with reckless abandon. Daisuke had ordered himself another bowl, having enjoyed the first, and he took more time with his. When he noticed the boy's attentive silence, he put his utensils down and sat back in his chair slightly.

“Most of my time since I came here has been spent in the hospital doing work or sleeping, so I've not really had a chance to go out and enjoy myself or meet any new people. I was just wondering if there were any places in particular that were better than that for older people like me?”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Randori felt more at ease after he learned that Daisuke worked in a hospital. Now thinking about an answer to the question he was just asked, he sat up and tried to think of the name of the district that the hot springs are located. He eventually gave up on that and decided he would order another bowl of ramen as well since Daisuke had gotten one. As the bowl arrived he began eating it slowly since he was no longer starving. As he ate, the name came back to him.

"The Nimbus Delectatio has some hot springs that you could visit, I've heard that they're pretty nice but I've never been there."

He continued eating the ramen, now being able to enjoy it. Upon finishing it he stacked the bowl on top of the other one he had finished before. Stretching briefly, Randori could feel the strain he put on his body while running from the wolf that day. "My name's Soruja Randori by the way." He stuck out his hand for a handshake, still being somewhat cautious toward Daisuke.

Uchiha Daisuke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The young boy was obviously thinking hard, and Daisuke was pleased to see that the frenetic eating pace of earlier was no more.

Yeah, having to save a choking child isn't what I planned for this evening after all.

The thought brought a smile to the man's face and it was then that the young shinobi mentioned hot springs. Daisuke nodded at the suggestion, filing the place away for future study and a possible visit. The Uchiha watched the boy place his now-empty bowl on top of the other one and offer a hand, giving his name in the process. Daisuke reached out and shook the hand, trying to put the boy at ease and allow him to relax.

“Nice to meet you Randori. So, I'm guessing you're training to become a shinobi? Any idea what you want to do in terms of your role in the village, or just taking it as it comes?”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Randori nodded at the first question and shrugged at the second, he's never really thought about what he wanted to do, just why he wanted to do it. He had to think fairly hard about this as well and almost lost his train of thought again until he sighed and said, "I guess I'm just taking it as it comes, although I'm doing it to become stronger." Now looking up at the clouds above him, Randori was still thinking about what he actually wanted to be as he progressed, but he just ended him sighing again and leaving that for later.

Remembering that Daisuke was a med nin, Randori was now interested in what he actually did at the hospital. "So what's your role at the hospital?" he asked as he stood up and popped various areas of his body before signaling to Daisuke to come with him. Randori closed his eyes for a second and took a deep breath in to get one last smell of the food in this part of Susukino before venturing further into the city.

Uchiha Daisuke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Daisuke nodded along with Randori's answer, remembering his own struggles with deciding what he wanted to do when he first started training in the academy. He'd been lucky enough to fall into an area he enjoyed, but he also knew that it wasn't like that for most people. He contemplated his answer to the boy's follow-up question and was distracted as Randori stood, stretched and then motioned for the Uchiha to follow him. Daisuke stood up and followed the young shinobi, speaking as he did so.

“Well, at the moment I don't have a specialty although I am considering surgery. I worked in the surgical wing a while back in a different village, so I reckon that's what I'll be aiming for. I'm generally just doing bits and bobs at the moment though, but it keeps me busy so I can't complain really. Where are we going anyway?”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Randori watched as Daisuke stood up, and he continued into the markets of Susukino. He looked around at the different paths they could take and decided which they would take as Daisuke spoke. As they reached the road, the smell of the food slowly transitioned to the bad smell emanating from the various alleyways. People began to crowd around them, making Randori feel very uncomfortable while walking down the road.

"I don't really know where we're going, I just felt like walking off our meal. Is there anywhere you'd want to go?"

Looking into an alleyway to his left, Randori could see someone being mugged but decided to ignore it since he could get hurt. He did nod in that direction so that Daisuke could see it as well since he personally found it somewhat interesting and didn't expect him to do anything either. Randori leaned against the wall by the alleyway and listened to the situation so he could see what the victim would do.

Uchiha Daisuke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“I'm not too fussed about where we end up either, won't hurt to have a wander I suppose.”

Daisuke spoke and noticed Randori nodding to an alleyway, and when the shinobi looked in he saw someone who looked like they were being mugged. The Uchiha's eyes narrowed and his brow furrowed as he tried to suppress the anger that welled up inside him.

No, I won't stand for this.

“Wait here, I'll just be a moment.”

Walking into the alleyway, the medic cracked his knuckles and opened his eyes a bit wider so that the tell-tale sharingan of his bloodline would be easily visible.

“Leave the woman alone and walk away.”

The man who had been accosting the woman stopped and turned towards Daisuke, a knife visible in his hand and causing an involuntary spike of fear to rush through the Uchiha. The mugger looked up at Daisuke's face and the shinobi could spot the moment where the thug noticed the medic's sharingan, mainly due to the fact it was then that he turned tail and ran quickly away. Stooping down, Daisuke picked up the woman's bag and passed it over to her, trying to look as non-threatening as possible.

“There you go, I don't think these alleys are overly safe so might be worth avoiding them in the future.”

With that he turned and walked back to Randori, his anger subsiding as he emerged from the alleyway and carried on walking.

“I couldn't stand by and watch that, not when I have the power to stop it. I hate bullies.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Seeing what Daisuke had done, Randori was somewhat inspired to help next time he sees someone being hurt, but he probably wouldn't due to his want for his own well being. He did however think that it would be a better idea to go after the man who was mugging the woman and so, acting off of the inspiration of that moment, he ran back into the alleyway, grabbed the knife and ran after the man.

"We should probably go after him so that he wont do it again!" He yelled to Daisuke as he turned the corner into the alley the man went in to. After running through the alleyways for a bit, he turned onto one of the main streets and could see the man shoving his way through the crowd. Everyone stepped aside as they saw the knife in Randori's hand as he slowly caught up to him. As he grew closer, he gradually became more excited until he reached the man and stabbed him in the back of the knee, causing him to fall. The people that were passing by stopped to look at the scene and crowded around it, blocking most of the road.

Randori didn't even notice the crowd around him, excitement was clouding his thoughts. The man was kneeling, until Randori kicked him onto his stomach and pulled the knife from the back of his knee, making him scream. "You're not gonna get away with what you did.." He whispered into the man's ear before placing the blade of the knife to his throat and smiling as he saw the fear on his face.

Uchiha Daisuke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
What the...

Daisuke started to run after Randori, his feet pounding the pavement as he raced through the alleys to catch up to the boy. He burst out of the final stretch of alleyway to see the young shinobi pressing the knife to the man's neck, and he knew that he needed to intervene before things got out of hand.

“Randori, stop. Think for a second, his punishment is through, and if you kill him you'll lose any chance of becoming the shinobi you want to be. I agree, he deserves punishment, but do not let your anger take away any chance you might have of a future. After all, murder in front of all these suspects? Not a good idea. Give me the knife.”

Heart in his throat, Daisuke almost held his breath as he waited to see what the young boy would do.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Randori's smile went away as he heard Daisuke's voice behind him. He took the knife away from the man's throat and looked around him, seeing the crowd of people he had attracted. 'God damnit..' He thought to himself as he remembered his hate toward people. He sighed and threw the knife on the ground, away from the man he had almost killed. "Sorry about that, I got a little carried away!" He said with a fake smile to put Daisuke at ease. He had enjoyed every last bit of that chase, but didn't want to ruin his chances of becoming a shinobi so he had to wait to do anything like that again.

"What should we do with him?" Randori asked with same fake smile he had on before, his question was answered when he saw two shinobi enter the group. One of them was asking people in the crowd what happened, while the other carried the wounded man away. One of the citizens pointed toward Randori and the shinobi started approaching him. Randori looked toward Daisuke, and whishpered just loud enough for him to hear, "You won't make it sound bad will you?" so that he could get out of probable trouble.

"Why did you attack that man?" The shinobi asked Randori with a smile.

Uchiha Daisuke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The fake smile wasn't really fooling Daisuke, but he planted a smile of his own on his face and whispered out of the corner of his mouth at Randori's comment as the newly arrived shinobi approached.

“Not a problem, I've got this.”

The shinobi, having taken a couple of brief statements from the crowd came over and spoke to Randori, but Daisuke spoke up instead.

“He attacked the man out of necessity, the guy had been mugging someone and then pulled a knife on us, and my friend here chased him down so that he could be brought to justice. He thought that stopping the man's ability to escape was paramount to making sure that we could bring him to justice, and then when you arrived it luckily saved me the hassle of having to take him to the nearest station to be arrested.”

The man turned to Daisuke and the smile on his face seemed to fade slightly.

“Who are you anyway?”

“I am Uchiha Daisuke, a medical nin at the hospital in the village. I was having a meal and then we were heading off to see some of the sights when we spotted the man mugging a woman, and then it all sort of went from there like I mentioned before. Is there anything else we need to do?”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I see.." The shinobi said as Daisuke explained what had happened, "Well I'll let it slide this time, but that's just because I don't feel like having extra paperwork. Next time just wait for us before you act on your own, ok kid?" He asked Randori, he nodded and watched as the shinobi walked away and told the crowd to get on with their day. Randori sighed and looked at Daisuke, "Thanks, that could have been bad." He looked around at all the people walking away from where that scene had just occurred, all of them acting as if it had never happened. Randori walked over to a nearby bench and sat down, he looked down at his hand and noticed a bit of blood on it, but ignored that when he remembered he was with Daisuke.

"So what should we do now?", he asked as he stood up and walked back over to Daisuke and took one last look at where he had almost killed the man. He barely suppressed a smile when he imagined the look on that man's face again but quickly stopped thinking about it so that he could avoid questioning. He rubbed his face only to remember that he had blood on it, and realize that he just smeared it all over his face.

Uchiha Daisuke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Not a problem, always better to avoid those sort of problems if you can.”

He watched Randori sit down briefly before getting back up and coming over to Daisuke, and the medic responded after contemplating his answer for a second.

“Well, we could just wander along and see what we find? I'll have to head back soon enough so there's no point in doing anything too indepth, let's just see where our legs take us.”

Daisuke began to walk, trying to hide any particular feelings of worry from showing on his face. He remembered the look that Randori had had at the prospect of blood, and he hoped that the bloodlust wouldn't get the kid into trouble.

“So how is your training going then?”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Following Daisuke, Randori heard his question and thought back to what he's done so far. "I haven't really done much in the way of training except exercise so far, but I do have a couple of jutsu that I know, but can't exactly use at will. Other then that I never remember much from class." He felt disappointed in himself for a moment since he hadn't made much progress toward graduating, but quickly shrugged off that feeling so he could catch up to Daisuke. He wondered why he felt slightly at ease around him, but saved thinking about that for any times he zoned out in the future. As they walked down the road, the red lanterns we're lit as it began to get dark and the people that would go about their business during the day had all left. Taking their place, however, we're the various people who have business at night, this crowd included gangs, people working the night shifts, and homeless looking for a new place to reside for the night. As they walked through, there seemed to be more and more people that Randori would distrust the most if he knew them.

"So where is it that you live?" He asked, wanting to start a new conversation to take his mind off of all the people around him. He began focusing on what was in front of him, slowly drifting away into thought. He was thinking about various things, including his past, which made him stop thinking since it just made him angry and probably unpleasant to be around. He stretched before looking at Daisuke so he could hear his answer.

Uchiha Daisuke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Randori's answer didn't really surprise Daisuke, he'd be a young shinobi-to-be once after all.

“Yeah, I always found that once you've mastered your body through training, the rest gets easier. If it's any help, I didn't master my first jutsu until about two weeks before my genin exam so you've still got time.”

The pair walked in silence for a short while, watching the composition of the crowd they moved through change slowly from the day crowd to the night.

Shady crowd now, might be worth calling it soon.

His thought was interrupted by Randori's next question, and he replied without taking his eyes away from the people that surrounded him.

“I live in a temporary place over by the hospital for the moment, I'm going to be looking for a more permanent residence soon but it does me well enough for now. Do you mind if we head that way, assuming it isn't too far out of the way for you? Like I said, early start tomorrow.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Sure, I suppose I could go about halfway there with you." He continued walking with Daisuke through Susukino, noticing several criminal activities, he didn't show Daisuke so that he wouldn't have to deal with another intervention. Not knowing what to talk about, he remained in silence until he got a certain distance from where they had started. "Sorry, but I've gotta go now. I'm pretty sure they have some sort of curfew at the academy so I better get back." He waved bye to Daisuke as he turned around and began walking in the direction of the academy, ignoring the various thugs that might have tried to stop him. Beginning to get tired, he thought it may be a good idea to rest for a moment, but decided not to until he got to a better place to.
(Exiting)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back